Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's gotBasically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  2. Oct 4, 2012
    A solid 6... and that just for leon campaign
    The rest is pure garbage

If capcom did a big campaign based on leon campaign then resident evil 6 could have been much more
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face.
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    Call of Evil 6 ou Gears of Evil 6?Esse Resident Evil 6 é só mais um jogo de ação entre tantos que já foram lançados esse ano.R.I.P Resident Evil.Por causa dessa geração,e a ganancia da Capcom,que Resident Evil virou uma merda.
  5. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people thatThe game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people that actually tried the game have actually liked it very much, aside from reviewers and OLD fans. I just don't see anything wrong with it. All the people I know that have played it also love it. People who are on the face or afraid to get the game due to the negative reception should just get the game and try it out for themselves, since all the negative reviews seem extremely bias and against any form of innovation in the series. The scare factor, that many claim is gone, is still very much there in the game. In one campaign alone, there are a lot of things popping out of nowhere to attack you without warning. Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    What the hell capcom!first you **** up mega man and then Resident Evil? The plot is weird, its not scary, the gameplay is stable and the difficulty is annoying! Im sorry but i give up,resident evil is dead,period.
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    i love this game so much & fact is that i am happy with this game but i only played leon Campaign as far i like it but everyone giving out bad review i find this resident evil 6 better then 5 one that was crap this way better
  8. Oct 3, 2012
    I liked the game---I have played all of the Res Evil games and I have liked them all. I like having all the variety Capcom has offered over th years. I had a blast with 4 and 5 and I am having a blast with 6 too! Its a huge game and cant wait to see how 4 story lines tie together. Serious Res Evil fans shouldnt have any problems enjoying this title. If a person want to hate, hate on ORC!!
  9. Oct 3, 2012
    Shame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. TheShame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. The gameplay is a mess, the camera is terrible, the objectives are redundant, the combat/gameplay in general is unbelievably bland and joyless and lacks any tension or atmosphere. The return of zombies that the developers keep boasting is haphazard at best - these "zombies" are not at all the way we remember - they're clumsy, die easy and they're just not scary at all. It's almost as if they were making an entirely different game and thought "hey, this game we're making isn't turning out so well - let's put some zombies in it and call it Resident Evil 6!" It makes me sick that Capcom would blatantly sell out the series and it's fans like this, and Hiroyuki Kobayashi said it himself that ditching R.E's iconic dark gameplay and survival horror roots was all about $$$$ diamonds & ferrari's and so forth. Excuse me while I'm sick... Expand
  10. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  11. Oct 3, 2012
    An honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a badAn honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a bad thing. Can't keep doing the same thing over and over with slight revisions. I think the type of game that 1 and 4 were are great games and definitely the best in the series but 6 is an awesome game and if you are a true fan of Resident Evil, this will not disappoint. I simply do not see how it could unless we just have the occasional or bandwagon fans jumping on here hoping for a another game like 4 and giving this game a $heet score because it didn't live up to what they consider resident evil should be. I give this game a solid 8.5 but going 10 to try and counteract all the negative reviews. You people are lame. No way any game besides the worst videogame ever made deserves anything as low as a 0. Even a 4 or a 5 would be completely ridiculous. You eff up the whole point of metacritic. Expand
  12. Oct 3, 2012
    Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore.Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore. Sadlly, this is going same way hollywood alike movies are going, a merely summer blockbuster (thats what they think, cause for me is just a B- movie) that entertain only 12 y/o teenagers. Expand
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    Alright so it's not a survival horror game anymore, I wish it was but it isn't so let's get over that and review this game objectively. I'm not going to give the game a 0 like the retards here just because it's not horror. That's like saying apples are **** because they aren't oranges.

As an action game it is pretty fun and offers quite a lengthy campaign which is a plus in my book.

Graphically the work here is top notch, the animations, the shaders all the modeling and lightning techniques I can appreciate the effort put into this department.
    The story goes beyond full retard. That is the game's lowest point in my opinion, followed by the use of generic music.
    But other than that it's a pretty solid action title.
  14. Oct 3, 2012
    I didn't even play the game (definitely going to though) but I give this a 10 because of all the unfair negativity this game receives. Bunch of damn sheep. Surely it can't be that bad?
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    You walk with the arrows and you shoot. No thinking, no ammo economy, no weapon upgrades, no puzzles. No Resident. Capcom failed. I hope RE7 is going back to RE4 gameplay.
  16. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't like this game, so it's worth 0, cuz you know, games are like are always 10. Derpederp, this game is **** I really don't like changes made to gameplay, but if they didn't change anything I would've given it a 0 still. I'm like every elitist qqer out there! GEARS OF EVULLLL FTW!
  17. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  18. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  19. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat orLockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat or especially GamerSuper...how is ridiculing Sony a review of a multiplatform game? So just how is the game? I actually liked 4 and 5 better, but the graphics are very good in 6. Certainly not a 0 rated game. Should you buy? Unfortunately, you won't find help here... Expand
  20. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is reallyAre these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  21. Oct 3, 2012
    While I did have fun playing this game in co-op, it often felt like a capcom just took every single idea the development team had and stuck them in regardless of what they were. The result is a messy, uncertain, oddly paced action adventure shooter that doesn't quite give players any time to breathe. I love mercenaries mode though, and I liked the story. Agent hunt can burn in hell.
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    As a long term RE fan, This game shocked and appalled every sense my body has. Even ones I didn't know I had. This game is not scary. The control system is really bad. This gives the feel that capcom wanted the CoD audience. It really pales in comparison with RE4, And somehow makes 5 a good game.
    Yep, that's how much they screwed this game up.
    This game is terrible. Don't buy it.
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    This is very disappointing. I don't know why capcom tried to become more action oriented when games like call of duty and others to which capcom is trying to appeal to are being criticized by gamers as repetitive and boring. That's exactly what resident evil 6 is in spades. It wouldn't be much of a problem if the earlier games weren't successful because of their survival horror aspectThis is very disappointing. I don't know why capcom tried to become more action oriented when games like call of duty and others to which capcom is trying to appeal to are being criticized by gamers as repetitive and boring. That's exactly what resident evil 6 is in spades. It wouldn't be much of a problem if the earlier games weren't successful because of their survival horror aspect but that's exactly what made the series what it is. The gameplay is boring and ridiculous to the point that my incessant roundhouse kicks do more damage than my firearms (because roundhouse kicking 23 times in a row doesn't make anyone tired either right?). Now for this gem of a quote: "Now, we do always have our ear to the ground and listen to what the fans are saying and we try to take that into account when we Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    Totally disgusting. Shallow and unimaginitive gameplay, no backstory in this so called ten year gap, little to no innovation and incredibly frustrating game mechanics. Storylines are bland and dull and the whole game was BORING! Trading it in, congratulations on killing the king of survival stone dead! Forgetting the series heritage as the kind of horror, you turn the franchise into aTotally disgusting. Shallow and unimaginitive gameplay, no backstory in this so called ten year gap, little to no innovation and incredibly frustrating game mechanics. Storylines are bland and dull and the whole game was BORING! Trading it in, congratulations on killing the king of survival stone dead! Forgetting the series heritage as the kind of horror, you turn the franchise into a bland action flick, reminiscent of films that shove explosions in for the fun of it and create nothing but a bad taste in your mouth. You might as well spit on the grave of the horror games, I hope they rise from their grave and develop future games, they'll be a damn site better than what you've done. Absolutely furious. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    clearly a lot of people are not very happy with this game but i am a long time resident evil fan and i am enjoying the game so far. leon's campaign is great. the atmosphere, environments, and story so far all have me waiting to get off work so i can go home and play some more. mercenaries mode is fun also. the more action-oriented playing style really caters to those of us who loveclearly a lot of people are not very happy with this game but i am a long time resident evil fan and i am enjoying the game so far. leon's campaign is great. the atmosphere, environments, and story so far all have me waiting to get off work so i can go home and play some more. mercenaries mode is fun also. the more action-oriented playing style really caters to those of us who love mercenaries mode. Expand
  26. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident evil was lost ... it's a shame such a good game, end this way ... not worth buying ... is the same as playing a mário in format shooter. Dead space is much more than the new RE games in the series. Expand
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    Biggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survivalBiggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survival horror. The game on its on is pretty good, but as a series, it's dying out for me. Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    The reason there is so much dislike for this game is the same reason as resident evil 5, and the is comparing them to there predecessors, it is not re5 and it sure az hell is not re4 but it is its own. Its its own game with its own design, everyone needs to get off of there pedestal nd stop playing game critic and enjoy the game for what it is a fun great game 9
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    10 from me. It's not perfect, but since people who don't like it aren't fair, I won't be either. The game is fun. The story is gripping. Get over it it, there's quick time events. Get over it, it's not pure horror anymore. Get over it, the controls aren't great... they've NEVER been great.
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a awesome. First you'll notice the amazing graphics, it's so clear and crisp, and the colors, oh my the colors, there must be at least a million different shades of gray. The story is amazingly well written, full of twists and turns, at times it feels like you're watching a Hollywood movie and not just playing a video game. Only at the end did i figure out the villains motivations weren't some generic desires of world domination, no, she was just mad at her boyfriend who cloned her using some other woman's DNA because he couldn't love her for what she was. This is very deep stuff guys, and i think many of us can relate to this story. The gameplay is the best yet, gone are the tank controls and stiffness of previous RE titles, instead we get a lot of new gameplay options, the greatest of which is the melee combat. Capcom, the minds behind the Street Fighter series, decided to do another crossover after SFxTekken, finally allowing you to punch and kick enemies to death with the new, so called ZWA system (Zombie Wrestle Mania). All in all, it's a great game, a day one purchase for sure, in fact, like one user already made a suggestion, if you can spare the cash buy two copies, it will show Capcom your appreciation of their hard work invested in this game and motivate them to start making RE7 as soon as possible. I have only two wishes for RE7, melee moves should combo better and charge up the hyper combo bar, unleashing a devastating special move specific to each character once charged. Also, kill streaks with guns should grant rewards starting at 10 kills, like infinite ammo, increased damage, missile attacks, hell, maybe even a remote controlled nuke. These two additions could have made RE6 a perfect game, but don't be discouraged Capcom, there's always next time, this time you will have to settle with just a 9 out of 10 from me. Expand

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.