5.5

1. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event thatAs a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Biggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survivalBiggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survival horror. The game on its on is pretty good, but as a series, it's dying out for me. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    I personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made meI personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made me even more determined to finish all the campaigns Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    I have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisntI have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisnt my own instinct after the really bad rap and negative reviews and decided to get it when it got cheaper and my god do I regret not playing it sooner. It's a whole package of horror and action and cinematic experience, bit rough around the edges since it tried to be a lot of things at once but still an amazing experience.

The internet can be a unfair place sometimes (no sherlock), and this is another example where the internet just came down on it way too hard. Playing through the game it makes me wonder if I played the same game as all these haters! RE6 has 4 separate campaigns, each of them play and feel very diferent from the previous, and they're really long too, averaging 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. After finishing Leon's campain it felt that was that, the game was over cos it really felt very wholesome, playing through Chris amazed me even further with the really interesting character and more action packed levels. Jake and Ada campaings are equally as awesome and interesting. Cutscenes are a bit over the top and QTE very annoying but that's been the mark on RE since RE4.

One thing I miss from the previous resident evil games (4rd and before) is the RPG elements, I really miss updating my weapons, managing my inventory, sloting the weapons carefully so I can fit one more herb in there, selling my gems to finally update my glock to perfect aim, etc. There's none of that in here and it really is a big shame, it's a lot more streamlined experience and i firmly believe if it had that, it would have been the almost perfect game for me.

All in all, a really fantastic game, if you're a fan of the series, ignore the hate and just have fun for crying out loud, people nowadays are way too spoiled and cannot appreciate anything.
  5. Oct 8, 2012
    I laugh at these scores, it's not like this is the 1st RE that went action route. It seems like most of the population went full retard.

Let me tell u all this, some of us might find the game scary, some of my friends do (true story) especially to Leon's campaign. Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the

Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the chacs and the settings and the ability to play co-op with friends just like RE5.

Plz don't be so ignorant and say 'RE5 or RE4 is a better game" because it's not in a long shot. They are most or less the same, BUT, the main signature about RE6 is the content it is offering.
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    While I did have fun playing this game in co-op, it often felt like a capcom just took every single idea the development team had and stuck them in regardless of what they were. The result is a messy, uncertain, oddly paced action adventure shooter that doesn't quite give players any time to breathe. I love mercenaries mode though, and I liked the story. Agent hunt can burn in hell.
  8. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  9. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe: - Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse. Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  10. Oct 27, 2012
    I played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous drivingI played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous driving scenes, I will go back to this later as it deserves to be talked about thoroughly. Removing the merchant completely was a stupid idea. I actually liked being able to purchase and use different weapons in RE4 & RE5 as opposed to how it's set up now where, ok you get these weapons you get in this campaign and this is what you have to use. You really have no options and not every character gets a certain kind of weapon. I think Ada and Chris didn't get a magnum or something. The little perk system Capcom added was kind of pointless in a way but it did give you something to do with the removal of the shop menu. Just not as interesting to me. There are positives you can find in this game. The story is ok. Graphics are nice and I haven't seen any frame rate drops but occasionally you will see areas that just seem way too dark even if you have the brightness settings up all the way in the game - to combat this I had to change settings on my TV. I played through the three main campaigns via cooperatively and actually had fun. I can imagine this game might be a little boring playing solo. Cover system is pointless. Not once did I find myself ever having to go into cover even playing on Professional. It was just a way to make the RE series more like games like Uncharted or Gears of War but they failed miserably. As for the driving. Well it's bad. Real bad. I wasn't expecting a Gran Turismo or Forza but holy hell. You do it so much that it warrants being mentioned. Snow mobile scene for one why was it still over the shoulder? It threw me off completely because of how stupid it looked. As to trying to make an avalanche dramatic Capcom decided to make ground rise up for some reason - I did not know this was possible. It was ridiculous, dumb and downright pointless. Chris & Piers driving scene is the worst. The turret on the gun does not even damage any other enemy cars unless you are right next to them. Trying to keep up is difficult because the driving is so bad. This should not have been included into the game. Oh and Chris magically learning how to fly a jet? Get real Capcom. Don't go into this game expecting something epic, you'll be highly disappointed. Play RE6 expecting you may be disappointed and you should be fine. Expand
  11. May 8, 2013
    I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. OnI'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. On several occasions I've been hit with scripted sequences that left me no room to maneuver or avoid, automatically killing me each and every time. If the main character is simply standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time, they die and there is not recourse other than continuing from a checkpoint. During quick-time events, the buttons flash on screen in an almost seizure- inducing manner, thereby not allowing you to clearly see the buttons that need to be pressed. The train sequence in the sewers comes to mind, as I couldn't even read which buttons to press because it was a dark map and the button notifications flashing on the screen made it almost impossible to interpret what the game was asking me to do. The plot is absolutely atrocious, there is no back-story and you are left wondering throughout. The introduction level has absolutely nothing to do with introducing the player to the game, it is instead a flashy sequence of scripted events that appear to occur later in the game. The camera angle is atrocious at times, leaving the player without enough field of view to effectively analyze the situation. Scripted sequences make this worse by snapping the players view to the event automatically, leaving the player disoriented. I give this game a 3 out of 10 for poor camera angle, an atrocious plot, ridiculous quick-time events and overall lack of in-sight as to what the gamers want in a game. Expand
  12. Jan 18, 2013
    First of all.....To people that say that Capcom moved to a new direction with RE4, you are ignorant and you should do your research before saying nonsense and looking like a fool.
    The first RE that was like this (with the solder camera/3rd person shooter) was "Resident Evil: Dead Aim" and it was released back in 2003.....yeah 10 years ago....
    Now about RE6... In general it's a great
    Now about RE6...
    In general it's a great game, long game, great graphics, great story, great cut scenes, weapons, secrets, a lot of things to do and to complete,mini games, you drive various vehicles.....fun-fun-fun there is no doubt about that, and IT IS well made. Every single detail from the menu screen/UI to the music everything is well made.
    BUT
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  14. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this gameProduction values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    I've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I gotI've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I got enough hours and enjoyment out of this game that I can't hate it. I'm through with it now because of these errors, but it was worth it. Save points (not checkpoints) are way to sparse. I once played a super long section before a save point and needed to pause the game, but I forgot to turn off the online, which disables pause with no way of entering a menu to turn online off. Hilarious.Some really cool areas though. And like i said, I don't really know how to desribe it, but there was just so much freedom. That's why it gets a good score instead of a bad one. Expand
  16. Oct 15, 2012
    Why do people have graded this game so bad? Each campaign has a different game play which makes it interesting but they all end up being part of the same story. I highly recommend it!
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's gotBasically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  18. Nov 19, 2014
    Story line of this is very good and bound reminiscent impressions from RE2, RE4 and RE5, productplay is different, but it is mainstream now. Also quality of video/audio and programming - perfect.
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever hasI seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever has enough ammo to actually take out all the enemies in the game (unless you are a good shot). Most of the game was spent travelling from one cutscene to the other, while some of them were interesting to watch they gave the player only the option of pushing buttons at the right time which gets tedious very quickly. The areas are confusing to navigate through and feature many places that look identical and you quickly become bored of the lackluster scenery (everything pretty much looks like black sludge has been placed all over the walls and floors). The zombies are fun in small doses and quickly become tedious as group after group become an exercise of trying to find ammo to kill them all; often I found myself just running through most of the game without the ammo to fight back. The bosses haven't changed from any of the previous games and the same process of shoot for the head (or the orange parts) comes back into the game. Basically, it is run, shoot, find switch or key, cutscene, cutscene, boss. One particular interactive part is worth mentioning; you have to climb a rope using L1 and R1, for at least an hour I was stuck trying to press L1 and then R2 in correct sequence, only to fall back down the rope and have to start all over again. Was this worth my time? Certainly not, and is certainly isn't worth my money to experience this. Time for a change Capcom! Expand
  20. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat orLockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat or especially GamerSuper...how is ridiculing Sony a review of a multiplatform game? So just how is the game? I actually liked 4 and 5 better, but the graphics are very good in 6. Certainly not a 0 rated game. Should you buy? Unfortunately, you won't find help here... Expand
  21. Oct 14, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.
    I am a huge fan of the series. I played the original games back on the PS1, loved the new take when RE4 came out and am thrilled to see where RE6 has taken things.
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.

There are THREE seperate campaigns to play through! Each of them has a very different flavour. How critics can say the game isn't scary is beyond me. The Leon chapter harks back to the very first RE games and does a brilliant job of modernising things.

Chris's campagn is more action packed - much like RE 5. The boss battles are sublime and the creature variation is phenominal.

The game is hard though. Ammo is scarce so you still need to manage this wisely. The addition of improved mele combat is welcomed also.

On top of this - if you turn ON agent hunt (should be on by default) you can up the fear factor by knowing that any one of the enemies in your game can at any point be taken over by a real human being online who is out for your blood. This adds an incredibly tense feeling to the entire playthrough.
  22. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi

they got the feel rjust ight in resi 5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't evenI'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  24. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  25. Feb 19, 2013
    Don't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy whereDon't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy where everything that has happened comes together story-wise. Graphics are nice, Sound design is mostly okey, music is good, and art is mighty fine. Finally Resident Evil has controls updated from mid-90s to 2010s, and you're not in a tank mode anymore which kind of sucked in previous games in this series. Imho fixed controls made this game way more fun to play than any of the previous games in the series. And for the fixed controls and everything else I'm giving the 9 it deserves. Considering that it has some issues with scripted events and certain fixed camera angles which didn't really work that well... I probably should stamp a solid 7 or 8 on top of it. And yes, it's true that the controls, the story, the enemy design, and the situations you get to make this game more action oriented game which has a horror theme on top of it. It's not solely about survival horror despite it having a survival horror segment in it when you play as Leon and shoot zombies. The game probably gives you few scares but other than that it's more about horror themed action game. Something Resident Evil (Biohazard) series has always done the best. And it's just that the name for this game is wrong. If it was called anything else than "Resident Evil" it would have not probably gotten all this trolling and hate going on for it. I personally think the Japanese name "Biohazard" is more suitable name for the series and should be called Biohazard since it's logical name for the game and themes and story are all essentially about "biohazard(s)". Expand
  26. Oct 24, 2012
    The game is not that good, any of you saying that it's a good game are in denial. I'm not giving this game a bad review because of it being an action game, I;m giving it a bad review because this game feels like I'm playing atleast 5 different games in 1. It's just a generic 3rd person shooter. The people who think this game is good have probably not played many games in their day. I ownThe game is not that good, any of you saying that it's a good game are in denial. I'm not giving this game a bad review because of it being an action game, I;m giving it a bad review because this game feels like I'm playing atleast 5 different games in 1. It's just a generic 3rd person shooter. The people who think this game is good have probably not played many games in their day. I own pretty much every system ever made as I'm a collector,also a game collector and have played thousands of games. I I bought this game on release and finished it in 3 days including Adas campaign. There is no replayabilty in this game,except if you collect trophies. Some textures in the game look like PS1 ( look at the top of the tank in Chris's Campaign early in the game) The controls suck ass (like all resident evil games) but if you are going to make an action game, your controls have to be good. The camera is the most horrible thing I've ever seen, and some parts when you are running/swimming from an enemy it doesn't look like you are moving at all. The story didn't make much sense. The only thing I really like about the game was the music, but even the music in the main menu sounds like it was copied from Gears of War Menu Screen but with a little difference. The boss fights were not fun,they felt really scripted. The acting was horrible but atleast it made me laugh a few times. I think Call of Duty has become the cancer of gaming, like seriously, people haven't realized yet that Call of Duty is trash and is the same game every year, and people are dumb enough to buy into it's Micheal Bay style explosion fest B.S. So here is a break down of my score, this is a thought out break down and I didn't just pull these scores out of my ass......Keep in mind I thought the game was easy on pro but the controls still were not smooth like they should be for an action game.

Gameplay-5 (not including camera)
    Camera- 2
    Controls- 3
    Fun-5
    Sound- 8
    Music- 8
    Replayability- 3 (not including trophy hunting)

34/70 = 49% rounded to 50% = 5/10

People giving this game higher than a 6 are either obviously indenial or they haven't played many games. Play Dead Space 1 & 2 those games are a lot better than this pile of crap. Dead Space is linear but they do it in such a way that it fits perfectly with the game. With Dead Space you get cool weapons,nice controls,intense momments, story is good and let's just say the quality of Dead Space is so much better than Resident Evil, just see for yourself :) **** even Dark Souls was a low budget game and that games is way ahead of Resident Evil. But casual gamers can't play that game because it doesn't hold your hand, you need skill to play it. Oh and I see people giving this game good scores and in there review they either say they haven't even played throw the entire game yet, also people that give it good scores say that there is only 3 campaigns when infact there are 4.. makes me think that these good scores are from people that haven't even played through the game... Resident Evil 6 rename that **** to Resident Evil sucks DLC dub edition remix.. Screw you Capcom you suck just like Activision. Both use to be good companies but have lost their way into greed.. tisk tisk ****
  27. Oct 10, 2012
    Say whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effectsSay whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effects are incredible and the atmosphere makes this one on par with games like Dead Space. There will never be a perfect game, nor one that pleases everybody, but we cannot deny the hard work that was put on RE6. Ok, I admit, there's too much QTE and this does compromises the pacing (a bit) but we need to see the whole picture here. In the end, this is a great game and, for me, the best RE yet. This game is good. Period. Expand
  28. Oct 14, 2012
    While this game is not horrible, it is no longer RE by any means. This series has become a 3rd person shooter with a cover system and a lot of QTE events. The game is still fun for the most part and it does give you heaps of replay value with all the different campaigns but the soul of the game is gone for sure. The online co-op is fun as well and serves to further bolster the replayWhile this game is not horrible, it is no longer RE by any means. This series has become a 3rd person shooter with a cover system and a lot of QTE events. The game is still fun for the most part and it does give you heaps of replay value with all the different campaigns but the soul of the game is gone for sure. The online co-op is fun as well and serves to further bolster the replay value but again...this just isn't RE anymore. Nothing is scary or has any degree of tension whatsoever....in fact it is basically run and gun for the most part. Boss fights are tedious and repetitious to say the least, I would say you could avoid this game for the most part or at the very least play it safe and wait for the prie to drop which I'm sure it will do rather rapidly. Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.