Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Nov 11, 2012
    I personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made meI personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made me even more determined to finish all the campaigns Expand
  2. Mar 13, 2013
    I have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisntI have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisnt my own instinct after the really bad rap and negative reviews and decided to get it when it got cheaper and my god do I regret not playing it sooner. It's a whole package of horror and action and cinematic experience, bit rough around the edges since it tried to be a lot of things at once but still an amazing experience.

The internet can be a unfair place sometimes (no sherlock), and this is another example where the internet just came down on it way too hard. Playing through the game it makes me wonder if I played the same game as all these haters! RE6 has 4 separate campaigns, each of them play and feel very diferent from the previous, and they're really long too, averaging 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. After finishing Leon's campain it felt that was that, the game was over cos it really felt very wholesome, playing through Chris amazed me even further with the really interesting character and more action packed levels. Jake and Ada campaings are equally as awesome and interesting. Cutscenes are a bit over the top and QTE very annoying but that's been the mark on RE since RE4.

One thing I miss from the previous resident evil games (4rd and before) is the RPG elements, I really miss updating my weapons, managing my inventory, sloting the weapons carefully so I can fit one more herb in there, selling my gems to finally update my glock to perfect aim, etc. There's none of that in here and it really is a big shame, it's a lot more streamlined experience and i firmly believe if it had that, it would have been the almost perfect game for me.

All in all, a really fantastic game, if you're a fan of the series, ignore the hate and just have fun for crying out loud, people nowadays are way too spoiled and cannot appreciate anything.
  3. Oct 8, 2012
    I laugh at these scores, it's not like this is the 1st RE that went action route. It seems like most of the population went full retard.

Let me tell u all this, some of us might find the game scary, some of my friends do (true story) especially to Leon's campaign. Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the

Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the chacs and the settings and the ability to play co-op with friends just like RE5.

Plz don't be so ignorant and say 'RE5 or RE4 is a better game" because it's not in a long shot. They are most or less the same, BUT, the main signature about RE6 is the content it is offering.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  5. Oct 15, 2012
    Why do people have graded this game so bad? Each campaign has a different game play which makes it interesting but they all end up being part of the same story. I highly recommend it!
  6. Nov 19, 2014
    Story line of this is very good and bound reminiscent impressions from RE2, RE4 and RE5, productplay is different, but it is mainstream now. Also quality of video/audio and programming - perfect.
  7. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat orLockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat or especially GamerSuper...how is ridiculing Sony a review of a multiplatform game? So just how is the game? I actually liked 4 and 5 better, but the graphics are very good in 6. Certainly not a 0 rated game. Should you buy? Unfortunately, you won't find help here... Expand
  8. Oct 14, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.
    I am a huge fan of the series. I played the original games back on the PS1, loved the new take when RE4 came out and am thrilled to see where RE6 has taken things.
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.

There are THREE seperate campaigns to play through! Each of them has a very different flavour. How critics can say the game isn't scary is beyond me. The Leon chapter harks back to the very first RE games and does a brilliant job of modernising things.

Chris's campagn is more action packed - much like RE 5. The boss battles are sublime and the creature variation is phenominal.

The game is hard though. Ammo is scarce so you still need to manage this wisely. The addition of improved mele combat is welcomed also.

On top of this - if you turn ON agent hunt (should be on by default) you can up the fear factor by knowing that any one of the enemies in your game can at any point be taken over by a real human being online who is out for your blood. This adds an incredibly tense feeling to the entire playthrough.
  9. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  10. Feb 19, 2013
    Don't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy whereDon't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy where everything that has happened comes together story-wise. Graphics are nice, Sound design is mostly okey, music is good, and art is mighty fine. Finally Resident Evil has controls updated from mid-90s to 2010s, and you're not in a tank mode anymore which kind of sucked in previous games in this series. Imho fixed controls made this game way more fun to play than any of the previous games in the series. And for the fixed controls and everything else I'm giving the 9 it deserves. Considering that it has some issues with scripted events and certain fixed camera angles which didn't really work that well... I probably should stamp a solid 7 or 8 on top of it. And yes, it's true that the controls, the story, the enemy design, and the situations you get to make this game more action oriented game which has a horror theme on top of it. It's not solely about survival horror despite it having a survival horror segment in it when you play as Leon and shoot zombies. The game probably gives you few scares but other than that it's more about horror themed action game. Something Resident Evil (Biohazard) series has always done the best. And it's just that the name for this game is wrong. If it was called anything else than "Resident Evil" it would have not probably gotten all this trolling and hate going on for it. I personally think the Japanese name "Biohazard" is more suitable name for the series and should be called Biohazard since it's logical name for the game and themes and story are all essentially about "biohazard(s)". Expand
  11. Oct 10, 2012
    Say whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effectsSay whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effects are incredible and the atmosphere makes this one on par with games like Dead Space. There will never be a perfect game, nor one that pleases everybody, but we cannot deny the hard work that was put on RE6. Ok, I admit, there's too much QTE and this does compromises the pacing (a bit) but we need to see the whole picture here. In the end, this is a great game and, for me, the best RE yet. This game is good. Period. Expand
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  13. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  14. Oct 5, 2012
    Earlier I had given the game a 3. Now that I have had a chance to actually sit down and play it I had to correct my review because I was going off the demo and watching playthroughs. Here are my final thoughts on the game.

The story is where 6 shines. It really has some interesting characters and Leon's new partner I think is the best in the game. Some of the dialogue is pretty bad at parts but it really doesn't distract so long as your a hardcore fan of the series. Monster design is amazing as well as some of the set pieces such as being on the Jet airliner and cemetery. The game setups are also great allowing you to customize how to play the game with others or by yourself. Plenty of options are also a step in the right direction. Sound design is terrific as well. The music though could have pulled more ambiance from earlier games.

The negative side though is the graphics engine. Its full of pop in on occasion and glitches. It really does distract as well as the textures appearing muddy and low res. Come on Capcom this is 2012. At least put some of that cash into HD cut scenes. Level design is absolutely terrible. While some set pieces really stand out, most areas are just run throughs...one area, the china market, just looks horrible. I agree with what another reviewer said on here..Capcom did a few good things but also a few bad things and really need a break to rethink the whole series. I personally think they need to get in another team, maybe the Dragon's Dogma team and pull off something much more professional because this game seems like it was made by first timers. Not the way to handle a huge series like Resident Evil. I give the game a solid 8 for the story, monsters, voice acting, cutscenes, and some of the set pieces. Its worth playing if your a hardcore fan but casual gamers looking for a scare fix would be better off playing Dead Space 1 and 2.
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is reallyAre these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  16. Oct 5, 2012
    Brilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines theBrilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines the formula of Resident Evil 4 and 5 in a much bigger more diverse adventure. The controls have been streamlined well to make the action easier to manage and consequently the game throws more enemies at the player. There are nice improvements to melee combat and the inventory is the best yet for an RE game. Graphics and audio are very impressive (special mention must go to the lighting which is awesome) and it's packed with demented creatures! If you loved Resident Evil 4 and 5 you're going to love this.

the tradition
  17. Sep 14, 2013
    Awesome game. i just do not get all those negative 1 point ratings. the game is awrsome. hours of gameplay. i am at 20 hrs now and i still have a lot to go. co-op is spectacular. graphics, story line are great. this is still survival horror game.....just do nor play it in easy mode. capcon put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. great title.
  18. Nov 21, 2012
    resident evil 6 is the best game I ever played
    great graphics
    optimal gameplay
    Very good campaign
    capcom nice job
    this game is what I was looking for
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  20. Oct 31, 2012
    Resident Evil continues it's journey toward mainstream action adventure lands. Stop your pathetic weeping diehard Resi fans, nothing stays the same forever, and this is a very good game.
  21. Oct 3, 2012
    The reason there is so much dislike for this game is the same reason as resident evil 5, and the is comparing them to there predecessors, it is not re5 and it sure az hell is not re4 but it is its own. Its its own game with its own design, everyone needs to get off of there pedestal nd stop playing game critic and enjoy the game for what it is a fun great game 9
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls,First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls, enemies who lose meat as they are shot. CHALLENGING, play it on Veteran and tell me you won't be saying, "Man, I need some ammo!!!" I could go on and on about how much fan service is in the game, Leon's first chapter ALONE is an entire reference to the beginning of Resident Evil 2. GO BUY THIS GAME!!! And I figure I'd squish some of the arguments people are having saying, "This isn't Resident Evil!" Resident "Gears of War" Evil? How can Resident Evil emulate Gears of War when Resident Evil 4 made the follow-3rd person camera popular, that influenced Gears of War? Go on Wikipedia and research it. "Chris' campaign is garbage, it's "Call of Duty!" Okay, Chris was an ex-military airforce man, was super into winning Marksmen contest, it makes SUPER sense and is in perfect line that Chris would be in a tank going right at Bioterrorism. At the end of TWO Resident Evils Chris proclaims either, "We need to take out Umbrella once and for all" while in a fighter jet or while in a helicopter, "To live in a world without fear? Yeah it's worth it." All the complaints with the wiggling of the joystick to get away from zombies, in Resident Evil 2 & 3, you had to CONSTANTLY hammer on the square button EVERY time a zombie bit you so you wouldn't lose too much life. I'm convinced that more than 80 percent of the negative reviews are people who hated the game before even playing it for long enough to even review it. And QTE were all over RE4! If you're on the fence and loved recently survival horror games such as Dead Space 1 & 2, you should really, really enjoy this game! Expand
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    Damn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoyingDamn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I recommend this game highly Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  25. Oct 23, 2012
    In my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheapIn my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheap some of the deaths in this game are. While all of the campaigns have their fair share of cheap deaths. I find that Jake and Ada's campaigns suffer from this the most, but I feel that all the things that were done right in their campaigns overshadows the cheap deaths. Content wise, I think Capcom did a good job of loading content into the game as far as the campaign is concerned, but I do think that they should 've added more Mercenaries maps. Now I know that there will very likely be more maps added to the game via DLC, but it bugs me that RE5 had 3 maps that came with the original game, while RE6 only has 3 maps that came with original game. I just wish Capcom could have been a little less cheap and just gave us a couple of more maps because the lack of content for Mercenaries mode is pretty astounding compared to RE5. Overall though, I think Resident Evil 6 is very good edition to the Resident Evil series. It may not be as good as 2 or 4, but I think it still deserves recognition.

P.S I cannot find anyone on PSN to play this game with, so if anyone here has the game on PS3 my account is Chaz81196. If you add me I'd be more than happy to play RE6 with you.
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    I love it when a game comes out and polarizes to such a degree. It makes for some lively debate. I can't shake the feeling however that if this game was not part of the Resident Evil series proper, or not related to it at all, then people might be a little more forgiving. Same thing happened with the underrated Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier in the year. In both cases many seem to be caught up inI love it when a game comes out and polarizes to such a degree. It makes for some lively debate. I can't shake the feeling however that if this game was not part of the Resident Evil series proper, or not related to it at all, then people might be a little more forgiving. Same thing happened with the underrated Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier in the year. In both cases many seem to be caught up in the past and focus on what the game "should" have been rather than what it is, which, in the case of RE6, is a more traditional action horror experience. The combat is a vast improvement over RE4 and RE5. As are the less tank-y controls. The inventory is also less of a drag. The story, while nowhere near as memorable and iconic as 4, is serviceable at best and unintentionally hilarious at worst. I also really enjoy the co-op experience in the story mode. Sure, that takes away from the horror elements but this isn't really that kind of game. To be fair the game is very inconsistent and lacking in a clear vision but after the mess that was RE5 (why do more players/critics give that one a pass?) I'll take the varied atmosphere of 6 any day. I think at this point Capcom just needs to take a look at people's reactions and branch the series into two, allowing the main series to return to "it's roots" (survival horror) while perhaps creating a spin-off series of Resident Evil games that act as the logical evolution of the more combat oriented approach began by the trailblazing Resident Evil 4. You know what, I'd gladly play both. Expand
  27. Oct 4, 2012
    A mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox enA mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox en campaña). Expand
  28. Oct 30, 2012
    WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds!WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds! Controls:works perfectly unless you never played a game before..or just trolling this game which people are! Story:simply put...your getting 4 great games for the price of one? Each character's story last about 7-8hours with their own ending! Also, each character's story ties into the other characters story which is brilliant!! People say its not resident evil any more lets compare games shall we? Leon story plays like re2 & re4...remember runing through zombie filled streets of re2..buildings on fire & recked cars? thats in leon story! Remember that huge water monster in re4 that you fight in a boat? yea leon & helena fight a similar monster! remember going in the mines & riding a cart in re4 yup leon story has it only theres a naked lady trying to kill you lol..god i hate trolls! chris story is a better version of re5 with some intense fights! remember the snake from re1? Its back with a nice surprise,you even fight it while crawling though a long & narrow tunnel(sounds like survival horror to me trolls) Remember that annoyingly scary guy chasing you in re3 as if you forced him to watch as you raped his mom? well if nemesis had a baby with the hulk & injected it with super sayain DNA...& fed it steriods you have that unholy union of carnage chasing you in jakes story! (jake & sherry story is the best to me) & Ada is a clever mix of re1 & re4! She has the most Terrifying moment in the game..what the trolls failed to mention since they obviously never played the game to completion is on adas story when she has to escape the boat..she is chased by a huge sludge like monster which pretty scary when playing in the dark!!the enemies are the best in any resident evil game! zombies can leap at you from 20feet away or shed their skin & turn into blood thirsty manics,shoot an arm & it mutates it into a sheild! Shoot the legs & it mutates leg armor! 7Foot tall fat zombies? hell yea! chris has an entirely different enemy to fight! These aren't zombies..their j'avo..smart,attack in groups,flank,& use guns chris has the hardest regular enimies to fight!Gameplay: vastly upgraded..you can roll,slide,lay prone & crawl or lay & shoot & hand to hand combat..ANY MEANS NECESSARY TO SURVIVAL YOU IGNORANT TROLLS! I also like how the upgrade system has been revamped making your choices matter when you engage your enemies..you can even switch skills during the game without waiting luke in re4 & re5!Now the bad:Camera..fixed through the patch as of this review so no complaints on that! Cheap deaths! prepare yoyrself as this game kills you unfairly with some qte scences..its not the scence exactly but the lack of time allowed to succeed,you have like 2seconds to react..like when jake is chased by the tank you will die the moment the scence ends & gameplay begins or when you fight the chainsaw guy on the track wuth ada & the train comes...prepare to due at least three times! but thats about it! trolls say its not scary but complain the game is to dark...YOU POOR DELUDED TROLLS..BEING IN DARK PLACES WHILE NOT SEEING YOUR ATTACKER IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF FEAR..foolish bitter trolls! This game isnt for noobs either..the enemies are relentless & everyone who says they never ran out of ammo are 100% liars! What the trolls failed to mention is..you can turn on infinite ammo from the start but if your like me then leave it off & i promise you might reconsider turning it on as ammo is sparse especially in chris story. Mercenaries Returns which is good so you & a friend can enjoy that or you can team up in the story & even play up to 4 players in story mode! bottom line..leon story= survival horror jake story=survival horror Ada story=survival horror and chris story=action survival horror! IF YOU HATE CHANGE THEN STICK WITH CALL OF DUTY AS THAT CRAPPY 12 YEAR OLD NOOB FILLED GAME WILL NEVER CHANGE! Games must EVOLVE & RESIDENT EVIL HAS EVOLVED IN A GOOD WAY(excluding re5)It easily rivals the gamecube remake as best resident evil game so far & thats still my favorite of the series....i just dont understand gamers these days...we complain when games dont change or evolve(cod) but still buy it in droves ensuring another crappy version with LESS IMPROVEMENT OVER THE PREVIOUS VERSION but hate another game when it changes in a good way,adds more content,better story,improved gameplay mechanics& hepls move the industry forward! Trolls dont see that the video game industry is dead..soon ALL GAMES WILL BE LIKE CALL OF DUTY...A YEARLY RELEASE OF REHASHED CRAP WITH TWEAKED GAMEPLAY!!GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY TROLLS & LEAVE GROWN UP GAMES TO THE ADULTS...9/10 Expand
  29. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  30. Jul 30, 2017
    I see the trolls are out in full force like usual. Is this game the same as it was ten years ago? No, I guess not- too bad nobody actually reviews the actual game they're playing these days.

The game is tough, is full of zombies, is not nearly as nice with herbs or ammo as 4 and 5 were, and zombies take multiple headshots to kill even on lower difficulties. Play on a higher difficulty and with the screen brightness where the game suggests- and you'll spend a lot of the game creeping forward praying you don't get mauled, or even running away from swarms when your ammo runs low. The game is considerably more survival oriented than 4 and 5 were as a result.

As many have said, it mixes action, survival horror and shooter- so for those hoping the game would just be one thing they'll be disappointed to find this isn't RE2 or Silent Hill. You also have to be much more careful than in RE4 and 5, while also not getting the luxury of time those games offered to search for treasure in all areas.

With three moderately sized adventures, you end up with a longer game as well. Of course, if you're a die hard hater of action games this probably won't be your Resident Evil. I wouldn't say this is the best in the series, but it definitely is far better than most of the people giving it 0s on the day it came out before they even tried it are saying.

The Chris campaign though plays like Gears of War, which was garbage- and so is that portion. But the Sherry, Leon and extra campaign are all worth it.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.