5.3

1. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    After this terrible experience i refuse to buy another resident evil game until it goes back to its origins. The Gameplay was awful the story was awful the controls was awful. Warning dont waste your money.
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high qualityThis is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high quality campaign for Terran in SC2 and put the rest sides of the conflict in addons instead of three low-medium quality campaign. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore.Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore. Sadlly, this is going same way hollywood alike movies are going, a merely summer blockbuster (thats what they think, cause for me is just a B- movie) that entertain only 12 y/o teenagers. Expand
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    Far away from the Quality of RE 0-4 & Code Veronica, this is the worst game in the RE series not worth your Hard earned Money.

Please Capcom Stop it, let RE dying with Honor.
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway.
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just goes to show that you cannot please everyone, they try to satisfy Old School RE fans with Leon's campaign and also more casual Action fans with Chris' campaign and it just falls flat...with annoying Quick time events and bad camera angles thrown into the mix... Resident Evil... is not what it used to be.
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    By no means this is a 0 quality game. It really is an average action 3rd person game that will probably please some people. The reason It gets a 0 from me, is because it has the misleading title of a numbered RE sequel but the product i ended up playing was something like Gears of War meets CoD.
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

This game is just disgusting. I've completed Leon's campaign, and I am not going to give any spoilers, but I personally didn't like the story and it was BAD and cliche. Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good thing i can get on my head is that the game has awesome lightning effects and graphics are medicore. That's why i'll give it an 1 instead of 0. I can't suggest this game to anyone.
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was simply awful, /v/ was right. I shouldn't play video games anymore. All the ones who have good reviews are either shills or viral marketers.
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    This has to be one of the biggest pieces of junk that i have EVER played. The story makes no sense and is just plain boring, the controls are worse than a game made in the 90's i refuse to ever buy a capcom game again. Even the dedicated should stay clear
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  12. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    The game just fails to fulfill its promises in many levels. This game is no longer a survival games. Clearly the call of duty virus is spreading around. It is just copy past from many games
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    Just when i thought the series could not possibly get any worse, i would resell this game to get some of my money back but i refuse to let someone else waste their money on this garbage
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't evenI'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is Terrible game in the world. Horrible game play and AI. unrealistic physics engine, cheap sound effect. dont buy this. waste of money and time.
    by the way dokdo is korean territory
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is justThis game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us.
    I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain.
  18. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times whenThis game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times when there were so many cutscenes, that I wasn't actually even playing a game. They said they were going back to their roots, and then **** us with this garbage that they call a game. It sucks realizing that you waited this long for a game, and they produced this steamy pile of crap. BRING BACK SURVIVAL HORROR! Expand
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    This isn't survival horror, it wants to be gears of war and call of duty.
    Fails on all accounts, major disappointment, horrible game, I want my money back :(
  20. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  21. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  22. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot.
    Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  23. Jun 4, 2014
    Well, i am sad because the Resident evil franchise come to this, this embarasing title, the worst resident evil game ever made like operation racoon city, the franchise is coming to an end. I really miss the old days, when resident evil means "horror".
    This garbage looks like a call of duty game with zombies. ugly and repetitive as hell. This is worst than downpour, because downpour at least preserves some horror. But this one is incredible bad, the Leon campaign is the only one that tries to recreate the true "horror" but it fails.
    Stay away from this game and pray for Mikami, hope he have made a good job with Evil Within, but i don't know, the real survival horror is dead.
  24. May 25, 2013
    What the was Capcom thinking when they made this? There's absolutely nothing scary here, just action! The aiming is GOD AWFUL, the ally A.i. is stupid and never seem to stop unnecessary QTE's that are almost impossible to do right, unless you have superhuman speed, and the whole "separate campaigns" is just plain dumb. Save your money for something else! Do NOT buy RE6 at all!
  25. May 1, 2013
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.
    Menu instead of to be "load game" is: - press start - start game - choose campaign - choose PSN settings - finally start game. It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen. Just to start the game I MUST everytime choose that I want to play offlline (otherwise i'll not be able to PAUSE the GAME!!) Game
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.

Menu instead of to be "load game" is:

- press start
    - start game
    - choose campaign
    - choose PSN settings
    - finally start game.

It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen.

Game itself:

- pretty beautiful but it is too much. True this that you always out of ammo or recovery items. Each time you see something big you have nothing to fight. You need to try it with your bare hands almost.

- Camera is pretty stupid, i just looked back there were nobody there, turn around and again i'm atacked out of nowhere.

CAPCOM made BAD game this time
  26. Jul 3, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events,Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events, and the addition of several new, flat characters, RE6 is definitely a disappointment and a scar on the face of Resident Evil's main series games. Expand
  27. Mar 25, 2013
    This game simply doesn't work. It looks pretty good sounds pretty good and plays atrociously. It would seem that the development team of this game weren't working towards the same goals here. One side opted for survival horror elements, the other went for a more action packed approach. The result of this is a clunky action game that leaves much to be desired.
  28. Apr 21, 2013
    what ever happened to just a simple zombie storyline not all this virus monster crap I rented this game thank goodness the combat is what you expect from RE but the story is so confusing I wanted to like this game but it was crap
  29. Apr 15, 2013
    How about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give thisHow about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give this game a bad review because it SUCKS even as an action game. There's parts in this game where you will be running or swimming from something and your character doesn't even move off the spot that they are in. The camera angles in some points in this game are terrible. Zombies have guns. I know a lot of people that say this game sucks get a lot of flack, but holy hell this game is not scary at all, My Little Pony is more scary that this. Even Leons part wasn#t that scary and a lot of you will think that this game doesn#t need to be scary, but in all honesty, they built this series on a horror, then those crappy Resident Evil movies came out and then all of a sudden they started changing the formula for the games. The only thing good about this game is how funny it is. There are 4 stories and the game is BIG, it might be a BIG game but I wanted the game to be over after 1 hour. I kept playing the game, hoping that it would get better, then I finished Adas part and I regretted it badly. The cover system is horrible aswell, why is it so hard to get into cover? Yes of course when you have it down packed it is easier after awhile but in an ACTION game it shouldn#t be as hard as it was. They tried to copy Gears of War and they failed,where as Gears of War cover system is one of the best I have ever seen. It seems as if a lot of games want to be CoD, but not only does this game want to be CoD it also wants to be Gears, even though Call of Duty sucks (IMO) it#s still a better experience than this game was.....Thankfully, Capcom has stated that they will be returning to survival horror for the next game. Expand
  30. May 1, 2013
    Ever since re1 on the playstation 1 I have loved the resident evil series. Not only because I am a fan of zombies and survival horror, but I liked the puzzles. Even though the were not the hardest.

Throughout the series I have enjoyed every game. From the originals and remakes to the side games like dead aim, appreciating them for what they are. But this one, I just don't enjoy...

The camera spins around so much it actually hurts my eyes at times, the health system is just long winded and pointless, but what I hate the most is the new "just run in a straight line and shoot things" approach. It just seems like the developers got lazy. Where are the puzzles? The exploring of areas? Even going back to revisit areas because of a new key or item. Instead it's now just a boring, repetitive action game, with tedious quick time events and bad camera angles.

I looked forward to every single resident evil release, right from re2. I'm wondering now if I will look forward to the next one? Maybe il just give it a miss.
  31. Oct 2, 2012

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.