Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright so I can understand a rating of five or above. I have read many of the reviews and the negative ones stem from lack of horror-survival. The point is games have to move on, it can't be pure horor survival and playing the old games while I enjoyed it it was also a giant pain. Now I have played the 3 co-op campaigns and sat through listening to my father scream and throw his controller because of how he does constantly. He basically hates this game while I enjoy it immensly because of the team work and graphics. I loved how they made the zombies look like the original. The characters are fascinating and not hollow to me at all. Granted the games controles and lack of explaining what the L1-R1 rope climbing and the lack of checkpoints in difficult parts. If you don't have patience this isn't a game for you.I am glad I got this game but it is all up to the buyer basically you are either on one side or the other. This game is flawed but definitely better than 5 in gameplay and variety but not as great as first 3 games in scare sector. Although I was scared to death in the water. And the snake. Running out of ammo was annoying but it gave more room for hand to hand which was entertaining. Bottom line I enjoyed it and some other people will. If you didn't don't just bash it with bad spelling and grammar because its not benefitial to people who are interested in reviews. Expand
  2. Mar 9, 2013
    The game is fun and awesome the problems i had with it is that there is no single player dlc. The plot is good with great plot twists but it could have been better. The voice acting and sound are fantastic and the graphics are great. Ps.Sorry for my bad english
  3. May 15, 2013
    I grew up playing Resident Evil games, but actually started out with a demo of Resident Evil 2 from a magazine on the original PSX when I was way too young for these type of games (still the best of the series from my point of view).
    After reading the reviews for this game and playing the demo, I really believed it to be a bad game and to be avoided which for me was quite a let down since I've seen some other memorable game series from my youth decay like putrid Zombies (I'm pointing at you Final Fantasy). Resident Evil 5 was fine but it did leave a bad after taste, it tried too hard to be a fusion of Resident Evil 4 and modern action games (that sell so well, lets remind ourselves companies are in it for the money) and failed at it. So if that seemed to be the general direction of the series I really did not want to keep playing it, or so I thought.
    In comes Resident Evil 6. I gotta say, the initial impression was indeed horrible given the high standards we all have for blockbuster video games. Way too many QTEs and cut scenes (everyone seems to want to imitate Michael Bay movies now, explosions everywhere at the beginning), the controls seem weird (completely different from past Resident Evils) the environments kind of break the atmosphere when you try to interact with them (like chairs that seem glued to the ground, or boxes made of concrete in every corner, corpses that are invulnerable until they decide to come to life just as you pass by them, etc...), technical issues, etc... The horror was kinda gone as well (apart from some scares at very specific moments) and as been ever since the previous game (having a partner in game really breaks the tense atmosphere that comes with isolation). But even taking all of this into account, I found myself playing for hours on end and not even noticing the time passing, and that doesn't happen for me unless it's a really good game (the last recent one with such an effect was probably Red Dead Redemption). There is something about this game which makes it unlike any other Resident Evil but still relatable given the characters and some pretty good voice acting (together with some cheesiness which reminds me of the great and memorable B movie like dialogs of the original Resident Evil). Sure the story as become incredibly ridiculous (ever since 4 it's been kind of a mess), and it does not really feel like your playing a Resident Evil game, but it does play great and it's a very enjoyable ride. If you let yourself immerse in the game for what it is you'll find a deep melee system, a highly maneuverable character that can dodge attacks and counter, customizable skills, and a lot of fun as a co-op game. Sure the multiplayer is quite broken, and the game does have it's limitations, but it's such a fun lengthy game when you get down into it. You should just ignore most reviews that whine about it not being Resident Evil like and enjoy it for what it is, a great action movie like game with Zombies in it.
    To me, as it goes with games with Resident Evil on the name, it's miles better than Resident Evil 5 and on par with Resident Evil 3 on my scale (with the top 3 being Resident Evil 2, 1 and 4).
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    En primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que noEn primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que no podemos matar y salir corriendo? esa epoca ha pasado a la historia, el juego avanza con nuevos retos, o ¿que esperais? ¿que capcom saque el mismo juego cada 4 años? nadie lo compraria, no digo que el 5 sea un buen juego porque no lo es, pero el Resident Evil 4 era un juegazo, lo querais ver o no y el 6 es otro juegazo, a quien le guste que lo disfrute y a quien no le guste que siga jugando en 2D recorriendo pasillos huyendo y buscando llaves. La jugabilidad es excelente, al principio te resulta dificil manejarlo pero una vez te acostumbras es una maravilla, por fin puedes esquivar, rodar por el suelo, luchar...etc La trama, de lo mejor del juego, entre ellas, la de Chris (te marcara) y la de León esta muy bien lograda aunque al final se vuelve ésta algo monótona. Los gráficos no son nada del otro mundo, pero estan muy bien, hay texturas que parecen el Resident Evil 4, pero bueno...al fin y al cabo no te fijas en eso...aun asi aqui decae bastante. El sonido es de lo mejor del juego, sobretodo en momentos puntuales de tensión y en las escenas cinematrográficas a lo Hollywood, el doblaje al Español es excelente, uno de los mejores doblajes que he visto hasta hoy dia. Innovan bastante respecto a la quinta entrega (cosa no dificil) el modo historia (que consta de cuatro) te costara pasartelo en unas 30 horas en normal. Conclusión: Resident Evil 6 posiblemente sea uno de los mejores de la saga (para mi personalmente el mejor) terror no tiene, algunos putnos crean tensión, pero no esperes un survival porque no lo es, mas bien es un shooter en tercera persona pero de acción y aventuras (tipo Uncharted) El modo historia de León mezcla survival con acción, el de Chris mezcla acción pura con shooter, el de Jake mezcla tensión y accion y por último el de Ada seria mas bien acción con puzzles, el juego es un juegazo que debes tener si o si, te encantara si te va el genero acción. Expand
  5. Jun 6, 2015
    Highly underrated game. Not sure why this game got such bad reviews. All the different scenarios for each character are awesome. Love the different types of zombies. I'd recommend this game if you can pick it up somewhere for cheap definitely.
  6. Nov 30, 2015
    resident evil 6 foi um ótimo jogo, percebe-se que ele tenta recuperar o terror que foi perdido no 5, uma coisa que eu gostei muito é que o game é dividido em 4 modos sendo eles, 2 de terror que são meus favoritos o do leon e da ada. e 2 modos de ação que não me agradaram por ser de ação que é o do cris e do jack, o game apresenta uma ótima jogabilidade, além de uma ótima história, ótimoresident evil 6 foi um ótimo jogo, percebe-se que ele tenta recuperar o terror que foi perdido no 5, uma coisa que eu gostei muito é que o game é dividido em 4 modos sendo eles, 2 de terror que são meus favoritos o do leon e da ada. e 2 modos de ação que não me agradaram por ser de ação que é o do cris e do jack, o game apresenta uma ótima jogabilidade, além de uma ótima história, ótimo multi-player tanto online como local. Expand
  7. Feb 25, 2016
    The best way to enjoy this game is playing with a friend. Awesome cooperative campaigne. The fact that you need to carry madicine and use your munitions wisely makes it interesting for me like all the RE. All the campaignes are connected wich make you realize what happen better. I recomend it, specially if you have someone to play with.
  8. Oct 18, 2016
    Ok We all no that at this point Capcom were not trying to focus on Survival horror but wanted to continue on the silly fun of RES 4 but I don't no what It is but I could not put this game down I completed the four times on all the difficulty's sometimes it was just silly fun. Yeah I don't like everything in the game so calm down, Chris's Campaign is by far the worse campaign in a RES gameOk We all no that at this point Capcom were not trying to focus on Survival horror but wanted to continue on the silly fun of RES 4 but I don't no what It is but I could not put this game down I completed the four times on all the difficulty's sometimes it was just silly fun. Yeah I don't like everything in the game so calm down, Chris's Campaign is by far the worse campaign in a RES game ever it's so boring and cheap but I do like Roger Craig Smith's performance then again everybody does a pretty good chessy performance I also hate Ada's Co-op because it's just single player but they put co-op on for no reason really.
    The extra content is an absolute blast as well the game mode Onslaught is just way to awesome and still stays at 60 FBS.
  9. Nov 11, 2012
    I personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made meI personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made me even more determined to finish all the campaigns Expand
  10. Oct 8, 2012
    I laugh at these scores, it's not like this is the 1st RE that went action route. It seems like most of the population went full retard.

Let me tell u all this, some of us might find the game scary, some of my friends do (true story) especially to Leon's campaign. Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the

Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the chacs and the settings and the ability to play co-op with friends just like RE5.

Plz don't be so ignorant and say 'RE5 or RE4 is a better game" because it's not in a long shot. They are most or less the same, BUT, the main signature about RE6 is the content it is offering.
  11. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat orLockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat or especially GamerSuper...how is ridiculing Sony a review of a multiplatform game? So just how is the game? I actually liked 4 and 5 better, but the graphics are very good in 6. Certainly not a 0 rated game. Should you buy? Unfortunately, you won't find help here... Expand
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  13. Oct 5, 2012
    Earlier I had given the game a 3. Now that I have had a chance to actually sit down and play it I had to correct my review because I was going off the demo and watching playthroughs. Here are my final thoughts on the game.

The story is where 6 shines. It really has some interesting characters and Leon's new partner I think is the best in the game. Some of the dialogue is pretty bad at parts but it really doesn't distract so long as your a hardcore fan of the series. Monster design is amazing as well as some of the set pieces such as being on the Jet airliner and cemetery. The game setups are also great allowing you to customize how to play the game with others or by yourself. Plenty of options are also a step in the right direction. Sound design is terrific as well. The music though could have pulled more ambiance from earlier games.

The negative side though is the graphics engine. Its full of pop in on occasion and glitches. It really does distract as well as the textures appearing muddy and low res. Come on Capcom this is 2012. At least put some of that cash into HD cut scenes. Level design is absolutely terrible. While some set pieces really stand out, most areas are just run throughs...one area, the china market, just looks horrible. I agree with what another reviewer said on here..Capcom did a few good things but also a few bad things and really need a break to rethink the whole series. I personally think they need to get in another team, maybe the Dragon's Dogma team and pull off something much more professional because this game seems like it was made by first timers. Not the way to handle a huge series like Resident Evil. I give the game a solid 8 for the story, monsters, voice acting, cutscenes, and some of the set pieces. Its worth playing if your a hardcore fan but casual gamers looking for a scare fix would be better off playing Dead Space 1 and 2.
  14. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  15. Oct 4, 2012
    I love it when a game comes out and polarizes to such a degree. It makes for some lively debate. I can't shake the feeling however that if this game was not part of the Resident Evil series proper, or not related to it at all, then people might be a little more forgiving. Same thing happened with the underrated Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier in the year. In both cases many seem to be caught up inI love it when a game comes out and polarizes to such a degree. It makes for some lively debate. I can't shake the feeling however that if this game was not part of the Resident Evil series proper, or not related to it at all, then people might be a little more forgiving. Same thing happened with the underrated Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier in the year. In both cases many seem to be caught up in the past and focus on what the game "should" have been rather than what it is, which, in the case of RE6, is a more traditional action horror experience. The combat is a vast improvement over RE4 and RE5. As are the less tank-y controls. The inventory is also less of a drag. The story, while nowhere near as memorable and iconic as 4, is serviceable at best and unintentionally hilarious at worst. I also really enjoy the co-op experience in the story mode. Sure, that takes away from the horror elements but this isn't really that kind of game. To be fair the game is very inconsistent and lacking in a clear vision but after the mess that was RE5 (why do more players/critics give that one a pass?) I'll take the varied atmosphere of 6 any day. I think at this point Capcom just needs to take a look at people's reactions and branch the series into two, allowing the main series to return to "it's roots" (survival horror) while perhaps creating a spin-off series of Resident Evil games that act as the logical evolution of the more combat oriented approach began by the trailblazing Resident Evil 4. You know what, I'd gladly play both. Expand
  16. Jul 30, 2017
    I see the trolls are out in full force like usual. Is this game the same as it was ten years ago? No, I guess not- too bad nobody actually reviews the actual game they're playing these days.

The game is tough, is full of zombies, is not nearly as nice with herbs or ammo as 4 and 5 were, and zombies take multiple headshots to kill even on lower difficulties. Play on a higher difficulty and with the screen brightness where the game suggests- and you'll spend a lot of the game creeping forward praying you don't get mauled, or even running away from swarms when your ammo runs low. The game is considerably more survival oriented than 4 and 5 were as a result.

As many have said, it mixes action, survival horror and shooter- so for those hoping the game would just be one thing they'll be disappointed to find this isn't RE2 or Silent Hill. You also have to be much more careful than in RE4 and 5, while also not getting the luxury of time those games offered to search for treasure in all areas.

With three moderately sized adventures, you end up with a longer game as well. Of course, if you're a die hard hater of action games this probably won't be your Resident Evil. I wouldn't say this is the best in the series, but it definitely is far better than most of the people giving it 0s on the day it came out before they even tried it are saying.

The Chris campaign though plays like Gears of War, which was garbage- and so is that portion. But the Sherry, Leon and extra campaign are all worth it.
  17. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  18. Aug 23, 2013
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    It's less obscure, more modern, maybe less scary but well... it's like many AAA games where visual effects and gameplay are become key elements. Still, the storyline is really good and the Resident Evil franchise evolves in a cool direction. You can't contain such universe in isolated cities forgot by the rest of the world forever and need to look at the next step. The survival is less about small dark rooms but about massive plague contagion. I liked it!
  19. Jan 6, 2013
    Just finished the Leon campaign thought it was ok and not as bad as people were making out not as scary as the original games but a lot better than running around in the desert as in the last one they even tried a couple of the old puzzles which i love and i would like more of them over all not as good as the first couple but not the worst worth a play.
  20. Nov 18, 2012
    Surely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought theSurely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought the game). The story is very over the top like i think they put 90% of all the action movies in this game for example; fight on trains, fight on planes, save the world.... I guess u could compare it to the resident evil movies which i thought were cool like a 14 year old but It should have been more like the classic Res Evil.
    In short; It's still a great game to play with a friend the multiplayer will keep u entertained for hours and hours.
  21. Mar 22, 2013
    I really wanted to love this game and it was really my final hope for the Resident Evil franchise. While, it didn't live up to my hopes, it still was fun and was a solid entry to the Resident Evil Universe. The thing I liked the most about the game was the cinematic feel of the game. They really nailed that aspect of the game. I also loved the mercenaries mode and counter moves. TheI really wanted to love this game and it was really my final hope for the Resident Evil franchise. While, it didn't live up to my hopes, it still was fun and was a solid entry to the Resident Evil Universe. The thing I liked the most about the game was the cinematic feel of the game. They really nailed that aspect of the game. I also loved the mercenaries mode and counter moves. The mercenaries is the best yet and is so intense. Also, I enjoyed the variety of new enemies. Cons: Overall, the campaign is way too big though. Completing the game became exhausting. It would have benefited from a more focused campaign experience. Expand
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    haters gonna hate i guess.. I've come to notice that every new game that have come out has umm alot of haters and its just confusing cause im sure i came from the same time period as most of this nostalgia infected people but im sorry i don't think a game should follow its same style for 700 years because you think the same game should just re-release with revamped graphics... **** annoyhaters gonna hate i guess.. I've come to notice that every new game that have come out has umm alot of haters and its just confusing cause im sure i came from the same time period as most of this nostalgia infected people but im sorry i don't think a game should follow its same style for 700 years because you think the same game should just re-release with revamped graphics... **** annoy me.. take your nostalgia and go play Mario....anyways the game was great i rented it for xbox this morning and i think the game is just fine its interesting i like leon's campaign the best... im just waiting on a pc release to actually get into it Expand
  23. Oct 7, 2012
    As far as capcom goes these days with pissing of fans of their games, they use to love but now is destroyed for the money. Resident Evil 6 is their last chance.

Story: In this game you can pick up to 3 campaigns you would like to play. The main characters for the 3 are Leon, Chris, and Jake A.K.A Albert wesker's son. Leon goes back to somewhat of RE4's style of play where he shot the president and has to find the culprit behind the mess. Chris is similar to RE5 with action sequences. Jake is adventure where he will have to escape from the Tyrant Ustank while trying to make his blood become a cure to the world. There is a 4th campaign which is only avavliable once you complete Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaigns which is Ada Wong. Ada is trying to investigate on why is there another form of herself.

Gameplay: without a doubt RE6 has excellent gameplay. sprinting, quick shots, sliding, oh wait here is one everyone wanted shooting while moving yay. Performing counters on enemies at the exact which i feel that is isn't necessary for this game. For Capcom to take the countering of Uncharted 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, and city feels that it isn't right especially on a horror game back then. Meleeing is limited unlike RE4, RE5 where if you use it too much you'll lose your stamina and won't be able to melee for awhile unless you have health tablets. Which not only does it restore your health but restores your stamina completely. Healh tablets can be used multiple times. Vehicle parts of the game feel so clunky that you won't be able to get the enemies accurately. Skill points are introduced where you can spend them to unlock specific skills to all characters in the game. Whether it be reducing damage, to dealing more damage to enemies, etc. Mercenaries appears again with getting a high score in limited time. Agent Hunt is basically WTF. You can play as the enemies to eliminate the main characters which is basically capcom just deciding to imitate L4D's versus mode and EA's Dead space 2. controlling the enemies feel so stiff that its difficult to attack the main characters. Another bad thing is as completing it either killing the main character or failing to kill them you don't get award with skill points, only count towards record for medals. shame.

Overall capcom may have prevented themselves from losing finance with this game but feels that its a good game to bring back alot of things that fans wanted but still dissapoint them at the same time. In my opinion i feel that capcom did an good NOT outstanding job on making RE6 a good game just because its not what all fans wanted to be however i understand how they feel to losing something that was good back and now is completely changed. Those fans have to move on its never going to be the same all the time.
  24. Oct 5, 2012
    RE6 is awesome. The animations, voice acting and graphics (especially the models) are top notch. Story telling and pacing is great. It has a couple flaws but nothing that takes your enjoyment away. Superb Co-op game. Removing some of the QTEs and adding Weapon upgrading would make this game almost perfect.

Other companies have a lot to learn about modelling and animations from Capcom. :)
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    I liked the game---I have played all of the Res Evil games and I have liked them all. I like having all the variety Capcom has offered over th years. I had a blast with 4 and 5 and I am having a blast with 6 too! Its a huge game and cant wait to see how 4 story lines tie together. Serious Res Evil fans shouldnt have any problems enjoying this title. If a person want to hate, hate on ORC!!
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    Most trolled game ever... Its much different than other Resident Evil but still its cool game. Enjoyable 30h long gameplay with nice graphics and multiplayer.
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    I am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved onI am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved on the previous game in almost every respect, though a few gripes from the previous game return. As such, I must point out that these "0" reviews are extremely misleading and imply that the game is unplayable or terrible, which is a far cry from the reality of the situation. Many negative reviews appear to be from opponents of the game's direction who have not played it and do not intend to, and thus are unreliable sources as to the quality of the game. Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    i am still playing the game but so far i am liking it. All the bad reviews are comparing it to the old games I like the older ones but all people want is re-make after re-make on 1-3 but they cant do that they have to try new ideas
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    This Game does not deserve the Fanboy negativity. All the poor scoring here is based upon immature minds unable to cope with evolution; relics of the past who simply cannot keep up with progress and the direction the developers of the Franchise want it to go. Resident Evil has never been a scary horror in the System Shock or even Dead Space context - it is thriller but not genuinely scaryThis Game does not deserve the Fanboy negativity. All the poor scoring here is based upon immature minds unable to cope with evolution; relics of the past who simply cannot keep up with progress and the direction the developers of the Franchise want it to go. Resident Evil has never been a scary horror in the System Shock or even Dead Space context - it is thriller but not genuinely scary or shocking. The foundation for the current game's evolution was begun in RE4 and, most notably, RE5 so RE6 really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. RE6 is not a supremely polished game and has its flaws, no question, but the sum of the whole experience is deserving of a solid 8 or even 9 out of 10. I believe that if this game had been released as is by another developer under a different name, reviewers would be overwhelmingly singing its praises and commenting upon how promising the next title could be if the few flaws were ironed out. Instead, what we have are a bunch of childish tantrums thrown about by those who didn't get what they wanted; people who demanded the same vanilla ice-cream as always, were shocked that the last instalment included a dash of chocolate and now cry like babies that this time they have been given a triple flavour instead of their boring vanilla. Evolution...the game has moved on, it is enjoyable and is a good one. Expand
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    clearly a lot of people are not very happy with this game but i am a long time resident evil fan and i am enjoying the game so far. leon's campaign is great. the atmosphere, environments, and story so far all have me waiting to get off work so i can go home and play some more. mercenaries mode is fun also. the more action-oriented playing style really caters to those of us who loveclearly a lot of people are not very happy with this game but i am a long time resident evil fan and i am enjoying the game so far. leon's campaign is great. the atmosphere, environments, and story so far all have me waiting to get off work so i can go home and play some more. mercenaries mode is fun also. the more action-oriented playing style really caters to those of us who love mercenaries mode. Expand
  31. Oct 3, 2012
    Alright so it's not a survival horror game anymore, I wish it was but it isn't so let's get over that and review this game objectively. I'm not going to give the game a 0 like the retards here just because it's not horror. That's like saying apples are **** because they aren't oranges.

As an action game it is pretty fun and offers quite a lengthy campaign which is a plus in my book.

Graphically the work here is top notch, the animations, the shaders all the modeling and lightning techniques I can appreciate the effort put into this department.
    The story goes beyond full retard. That is the game's lowest point in my opinion, followed by the use of generic music.
    But other than that it's a pretty solid action title.
  32. Oct 5, 2012
    First of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are playedFirst of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are played to stay competative in the youth gaming. With that said the reason I gave the game a 8 is for the addictivness it has. Yes the quick time can ne annoying at sometimes and there is a lot of cutscenes but the endless amount of zombies and team puzzles and smashing zombies heads into walls just dosnt get old. The boss fights are very big and epic and the feeling of "oh **** is there and is felt frequently. Ive played this game with a coupke people that have never played a RE and they loved the gameplay style fast pace with lots of action. The RE franchise will never be what it was but Capcom wants to broaden their market value and for the gamers of today its a great game as for the die hards its still compelling and you will still be thinking about where you left off when your at work or when listening to how your girlfriends day was ha ha. With that said pick it up, rent it. It might not be what you expected but its still a great game! Expand
  33. Oct 7, 2012
    I have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originallyI have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originally was programmed today, it would flop. A remake made the same way...same result. It's ok to look back in the day and appreciate all those awesome games. They were groundbreaking back then, but again, things must evolve. I have to disagree with the critics and their 0-6 points. This game has great graphics, sharp controls, and lots of extras (storylines, characters, modifications and all around fun) a creepy mood, it's dark and filled with monsters. I find no better joy than blowing holes through zombies with my sidearm, shotgun, rifle or whatever other item in my inventory. I won't hate on people scoring this game below a 7. we are all entitled to feel how we do about games and our experience with them. Yes, it isn't the same and no, it is really scary. Is there action? Heck yes! I have played through the first 2 scenarios and working on Jake's now. I have been impressed the whole way while playing this. I love hearing how a game is not realistic, but it's a game....what realism are you looking for? It's a game, if it looks good, the story is good, it's easy to control and it's fun, why pick something apart so much that you end up hating it? An honest review: Pro's: There's enough action and opportunity to kill zombies to keep you wanting more. The controls are crisp and easy to use. The graphics are great and the damage realism is really solid. I like the addition of other players joining your cause and making it even more fun. You can play this game for 6 hours straight and still want more. Your spouse might disown you and you might end up in the dog house, but I say it's worth it (I speak from the dog house as I type this).

Cons: it can be frustrating as sometimes it seems you are just doing the same thing over and over. Although I enjoyed some of the new monsters, I think some of the old magic was missing with the monster types. The classics such as the Tyrants, lickers, and some of the other baddies are just sorely missed. A little more creativity in the settings could have earned this a perfect 10, but what is ever perfect?
  34. Oct 9, 2012
    I don't know what game the rest of you are playing but I thought it was great. Yes there are a number of flaws and things that could have been improved, but overall a really enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 7!
  35. Oct 11, 2012
    I almost didn't buy this game based off the user reviews, but how stupid would that have been, being such a fan? I'm glad I did buy it. It's a good experience, and though it has its problems, it's better than 5, and still more of a horror than 5 was. Sure it's over the top, and sure it's very action-oriented, but didn't everybody see this coming?
  36. Oct 11, 2012
    resident evil 6 is gonna be awesome for u if ur not a noob i have read some reviews and they are saying this sux this sux blah blah blah **** ok its not a survival boring game like the original re games so give it 2 or 0 WTF most reviewers gave it 2s and 3s because capCom didnt pay them **** so in my opinion does re6 deserve 2 OR 3 NO it dosent deserve that and the ppl who thinkresident evil 6 is gonna be awesome for u if ur not a noob i have read some reviews and they are saying this sux this sux blah blah blah **** ok its not a survival boring game like the original re games so give it 2 or 0 WTF most reviewers gave it 2s and 3s because capCom didnt pay them **** so in my opinion does re6 deserve 2 OR 3 NO it dosent deserve that and the ppl who think this game deserve that r mentaly ill ok so what do i think of this game ? its awesome but u gonna have to learn how to play it so thats it resident evil is an action game like it or not **** Expand
  37. Oct 15, 2012
    I don't understand why so many people don't like this game? There may be a few reasons? but it not so bad... The game is awesome! Maybe not quite Horror but not bad game.
  38. Jun 21, 2013
    Ever since 4, (which while I do agree it's a good game, I think it's far from perfect) every other RE game has gotten a ton of backlash for not being 4. It's ridiculous. 5 was a great game (my personal favorite) and yeah 6 has flaws but it's not horrible by any means. I had fun with it, especially playing it with my friends via splitscreen or even online sometimes. Mercenaries mode is aEver since 4, (which while I do agree it's a good game, I think it's far from perfect) every other RE game has gotten a ton of backlash for not being 4. It's ridiculous. 5 was a great game (my personal favorite) and yeah 6 has flaws but it's not horrible by any means. I had fun with it, especially playing it with my friends via splitscreen or even online sometimes. Mercenaries mode is a blast, maybe even better than 4 and 5's. The story has some issues. Graphics are good as usual. The gameplay in some ways is good and then in others is bad. Honestly if you like resident evil just give it a try and go in expecting it not to "mind blowing" like 4 or 5 because, yeah it is the weaker of the three for sure. Expand
  39. Nov 5, 2012
    I don't really get why so many people say that this is the worst game of the series. I played all of them. Sure the earlier games were better. But with RE5 and RE: Racoon City they did some really big mistakes. I'm working right now with a friend of mine on the platin trophy, so i get through the game more then ones. It's not really that survival horror game that RE was known for. It'sI don't really get why so many people say that this is the worst game of the series. I played all of them. Sure the earlier games were better. But with RE5 and RE: Racoon City they did some really big mistakes. I'm working right now with a friend of mine on the platin trophy, so i get through the game more then ones. It's not really that survival horror game that RE was known for. It's more a straight up action game /w zombies. The story works for me, not like in RE5 what I still don't get. Overall, a good RE game but a prefer RE4. The only thing why I give 8/10 is that I had some problems with the RE.NET by playing with a friend or stranger sometimes Expand
  40. Nov 7, 2012
    An improvement of 5, completly incomprehensible for me how so many people see themselves as able to bash this game. A clear recommendation for me. You get more than you pay for in this short campaign era!
  41. Nov 9, 2012
    All these complaints are ridiculous. Co-op, fun, action, horror, with a bit of puzzle and gathering makes this game enjoyable.

Sorry, I don't want to collect 5 jewels and 3 keys to open a door when I can kick that motha down and spray like there's no tomorrow. Pretty obvious there was gonna be someone who gonna complain about every RE released and say "I won't buy another RE game

Pretty obvious there was gonna be someone who gonna complain about every RE released and say "I won't buy another RE game again" only for them to buy again and complain.

For sure the camera angles are weird and the moments where there was a complete "WTF do I do" but don't compare this to COD or GoW. That's just bad comparison. That's like comparing Skyrim to any Zelda game

I had fun finishing RE5 and still haven't finish RE6 yet.
  42. Nov 10, 2012
    This is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition ofThis is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition of the Mercenaries. What have you done, this is so easy. Ttitleshe mercs are supposed to be challenging and vicious and fast, three things I will have to fulfill in previous releases. Just as well there is great replayability potential in the main game. Expand
  43. Mar 10, 2013
    Don't mistake Resident Evil 6 for a bad game. It isn't by any means, Resident Evil 6 is simply far too ambitious for its own well being. The game is fairly long spanning 3 campaigns and 1 secret campaign after the player completes one play-through. Each campaign lasts roughly 6-8 hours long. The story is the most expansive and ambitious in any Resident Evil game. Each pair of characters inDon't mistake Resident Evil 6 for a bad game. It isn't by any means, Resident Evil 6 is simply far too ambitious for its own well being. The game is fairly long spanning 3 campaigns and 1 secret campaign after the player completes one play-through. Each campaign lasts roughly 6-8 hours long. The story is the most expansive and ambitious in any Resident Evil game. Each pair of characters in the 3 main campaigns fights through hordes of J'avo (the new type of zombie for Resident Evil) and interact with the other characters throughout the course of the campaign. One definite improvement in Resident Evil 6 is the friendly AI, you won't be lugging around with a burden anymore like previous installments (cough cough SHEVA cough) and will find most of the game enjoyable. Odds are, you will thoroughly enjoy at least one campaign and detest at least one. Chris's campaign plays like an updated, mostly functional version of Operation: Raccoon city and offers some enjoyment in its game play. Jake's campaign plays like a Metal Gear title fused with Resident Evil, offering some interesting stealth elements that sometimes feel quite pointless. Leon's campaign is the most reminiscent of previous Resident Evil titles, needless to say, you'll probably enjoy his the best just as I did (He is my favorite character in the series). Some of the plot-lines are silly and over the top but most of the game feels a lot more serious than it's previous installments ridiculous, out of this world elements. Some of the characters have their stupid one liners and the game sometimes does stray a little bit from the main story but it mostly comes together in the end. There are some critical elements that halt this game from being the best in the series and I will list them. Firstly, the J'avo should not be using firearms like AK-47's and RPGs. These are supposed to be clumsy, confused, one track minded zombies, not people. This feature is particularly irritating in Chris Redfield's campaign but appears sparsely in the other campaigns. It's pretty annoying but not game breaking. The second gripe I have is the ridiculous camera that spins around where it wants. It isn't a problem when you're shooting however when you're maneuvering the character in the game it can be quite frustrating. Those 2 features are the most irritating that I can find but small things might bother you like the new UI, the fact that a stamina bar was added impairing the use of melee attacks and forcing you to use your weapons. A particular portion of Jake's campaign will force you to use hand to hand combat which is bothersome but passes by quickly. The multiplayer modes are fun and interesting and offer features to do outside of the campaign. Some of you may be hooked, some may find it useless it all depends on opinion. With the connection to ResidentEvil.net its a unique feature to have in a game and I can see how people will be immediately hooked on it. The environments in the game are dark, creepy and some of my favorites in the series that compliments the game properly. The score plays along perfectly making you enjoy the campaign even more than you already do, or giving you some enjoyment in your hated campaign. Overall, Resident Evil 6 is a very fun game with a few major flaws that draw it back from being excellent. At roughly a $30 dollar value now, this is a pretty good deal. Solid 8/10. Expand
  44. Dec 31, 2012
    I think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could'veI think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could've been a lot better, I honestly think 6 has exceeded everything that was expected of it. Expand
  45. Jan 17, 2013
    Oh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theresOh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theres fast paced sequences you are being chased by zombies and other creatures of course so stop it is nothing like gears or cod i find myself in most situations standing straight up and barley ever taking cover and as for moving and shooting you barley move so stop with that complaint its overused now on to the scare factor the horror aspect and im not talking playing this game with your bedroom light on like the gamespot critic did when he reviewed this game im talking no lights night outside a good sound system there are moments that are scary which nobody admits because of toughness factor in america yes it is more prevelant in leons campaign but being followed around by a large snake and your friend telling you not to move because its right behind you is pretty scary especially at night when the lights are off the story is not impressive the one flaw but it makes sense its not like there arent other games with average reapeted stories that succeed mostlly modern war games no names bottom line this game was poorly judged due to user incompetence and critics lack of wanting to be away from the crowd a good game try it for sure and make it what you want it to be Expand
  46. Jan 22, 2013
    This game is not as bad as some people put it. Now, it's not anywhere near perfect, but it's not a bad game. Many people say that because that they've strayed away from the tank controls, the mediocre voice-acting, the horror that is claimed to be in the first three games but failed to stand the test of time, which is something they've been getting away from since Resident Evil 4. RE4 isThis game is not as bad as some people put it. Now, it's not anywhere near perfect, but it's not a bad game. Many people say that because that they've strayed away from the tank controls, the mediocre voice-acting, the horror that is claimed to be in the first three games but failed to stand the test of time, which is something they've been getting away from since Resident Evil 4. RE4 is my favorite Resident Evil game for actually scaring me a little, unlike the first three RE games which never honestly scared me at all, but if you want to know why look at my RE1 review. Now how does RE6 stand? Well, it's certainly better than RE5, but it's still not good enough to top 4 and Revelations.
    Now for the story: it's really something I never cared about, but this game had an... interesting story to say the least. It was an action-suspense movie except longer I guess.
    Gameplay: RE6 has four campaigns/stories that have different playstyles. Leon's story is Resident Evil to the core, with the first chapter actually taking place in a mansion. Leon, with his new partner Helena, focuses heavily on conserving ammo and trying to avoid all the danger that's lurking around. Leon has to face zombies, unlike the other protagonists. Chris is basically Resident Evil 5 except done better, where you shoot anything that moves. It's about as standard as you get, but it's still fun. Jake is more about stealth and trying to run away from the Nemesis stand in, the Ustanak. Ada Wong's story is like a mix of the three with puzzles added to the mix too. The gameplay is fun, to say the least.
  47. Feb 20, 2013
    Something to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole storySomething to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole story feels bland as well as the gameplay, its just a third person call of duty there. Many people complain that this game isnt a survival horror, well I say it would be a survival horror in 1995 while todays survival horrors are known as dead space and amnesia. The one thing about Resident Evil 6 was that the gamplay was supposed to be to conserve ammo and use melee attacks and only one of these areas worked. Ammo could be found quite a lot and I never ran out of ammo when I used a gun against a huge horde of javos or zombies, I never run out of ammo. For the melee attack, both me and my dad (a huge resident evil fan) agree that it was a welcome addition, espically when you grab them by the head and smash it into the ground. Anyway looking at it all I would give Resident Evil 6 a 7.8 rounded up to an 8. Resident Evil 6 is a good game but not a survival horror to todays standards. Let's hope Resident Evil Revelaions coming 24th May will be known as a better Resident Evil experience. Expand
  48. Mar 13, 2013
    I really give it an 8.5. While it's no RE4, or Dead Aim, this is still a damn fine game. Leon's Campaign is classic RE for fanboys, Jake's is fresh, Ada's is EXCELLENT, and Chris' is a revamped RE5, which was a damn good game as well. The move and shoot definately does this game justice. For the ones down on this game: making the same game over and over and over (Final Fantasy) getsI really give it an 8.5. While it's no RE4, or Dead Aim, this is still a damn fine game. Leon's Campaign is classic RE for fanboys, Jake's is fresh, Ada's is EXCELLENT, and Chris' is a revamped RE5, which was a damn good game as well. The move and shoot definately does this game justice. For the ones down on this game: making the same game over and over and over (Final Fantasy) gets stale QUICKLY. If you're not ok with change, gaming is NOT for you. Expand
  49. Oct 2, 2013
    Alright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you playAlright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you play through 4 different campaigns (no that isnt a spoiler seeing as capcom desided to show Ada's campaign before the game was released) but yes Leon,Chris,Jake and Ada. all different and all crossover witch i thought was pretty cool. Leon's campaign feels more like a blend of resi 2,4 and 5 and that's a good thing seeing as its the best campaign.Then Chris...now his campaign actually shocked me..it was not terrible..it was actually pretty well done,even the story witch was abit weird seeing as it cut from the past to the present but you understand whats going on so it isnt confusing.Then there is Jake....people seem to hate on this one the most because you can use hand to hand combat more and because of this..people on it "how are you ment to use hand to hand combat on guys with guns"...ok seriously? first of all in Jake's campaign you seem to forget he has a bunch of gun's and weapons to use you dont have to use have to hand but there is a point in his campaign were you will have no choice..now its only a short bit but there i agree, it does get alittle frustrating but once you get used to it its actually not that bad.Finally Ada's campaign...its pretty much alot like resident evil 4 you have simple puzzles,creepy setting and awkward gameplay because resident evil 6's gameplay can be very awkward at times but capcom have sorted that (kinda) with the camera witch was pretty bad and annoying but not anymore it can still be pretty f*cking annoying but better then it was. So resident evil 6...better then 5 but one up from the worst in the series isnt good.Bring back more of the horror,more of the puzzles and you will see a change in everyone's scores capcom.However review the game as a game dont compare it to what resident evil was. Expand
  50. ERB
    Feb 19, 2014
    This game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly aboveThis game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly above average but It is in my judgement that the game play is stupid. The story in this game is brilliant. It is interesting that you have 7 characters in this game that you can play each. You can also play as Ada Wong! She is like one of the hottest video game female characters ever made. What is good about the story is that they have a different story and different ending but there story is all connected. Which is why it is good! The graphics are above average and the zombies in Resident Evil 6 looks awesome especially The boss battles and I have to admit that the boss battles are well done and very exciting. The only problem in this game is the boring and repetitive action but still there are tons of content in this game. Now It has come to It's final verdict and this game is an 8/10 game. This game is a great game. A must buy for fans for this franchise and anyone new to this game should also be able to enjoy this game. You must buy this game and play it. Don't be scared It is fun. Expand
  51. Aug 21, 2013
    Please, RE fans, it's not a survival horror game, I know, I wish it was too. It doesn't deserve a zero. Stop being spoilt little brats. Insulting Capcom won't bring about a 'real' survival horror RE7 .
    Anyway, this game has a massive 4 campaigns all of which are very fun and enjoyable( I found Jake's campaign to be slightly lacking), and all have co-op support. Series favourites return, including some from far back in the series. OvTheWoods was right about one thing, Capcom aren't exactly action game developers, as the controls still remain clunky for this outing.
    The other modes like Agent hunt and Mercenaries are fun little distractions, but the campaigns are the real deal.
    Overall, we can see Capcom have drifted away from classic RE, sorry fellow fans, but get over it, it's not coming back.
  52. May 10, 2014
    This game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are veryThis game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are very well done and I cannot deny that they look very nice. Resident Evil is known for it's sound effects and this game is no exception. All he snarls and shouts are very good and you can tell where they are. Now for gameplay; It has its problems but also it's good points. The game offers drop-in, drop-out co-op and this can help you quite a bit in some the hard parts. If you don't want to play with a human, the partner AI is competent, which I am grateful for. The individual four campaigns play differently. This makes the gameplay, as well as the story, feel a little unfocused. Leon's campaign plays like Resident Evil 4. His campaign is the strongest and it has some moments that do startle, albeit being mostly jump scares. Jake's campaign plays like a runner game, i.e. there's a monster and you escape from it. I didn't mind this one too much, it wasn't too special, but I like the fact they brought Sherry back from Resident Evil 2. Chris' felt as the weaker one and felt scattered in terms of story. It plays like any generic third person shooter in the vein of Gears of Wars. Due to that, it plays too generic. The story is scattered and can be confusing at times because it jumps between two timelines. Ada's story is the second best campaign. It plays like a stealth game and it's a little harder. Quick Time Events are reintroduced, but I feel like the number is overstated. There are a number of them but they come up at times when you would have the controller in hand. Now for the story. Since Capcom killed off Wesker, you should expect a strained story. This is also due to it being split among 4 campaigns that messes with it's canon frequently. Basic gist, a new virus has been created. After the virus is tested on a university campus in the US, the race is on to stop the person behind the attack. Overall, I liked the game. It`s got it`s problems, but I was able to look past them. 7.6/10. It is definitely closer to the weaker end of Resident Evil and it terms of the RE games released as of late, Resident Evil Revelations is a stronger game. But I still like this game. I would recommend hat you buy this game used or at a discounted price, because it will be hit or miss for many people. Expand
  53. Sep 30, 2013
    It´s a good game, but for a numbered title of the franchise, that make part of chronology of Resident Evil, this is a worst of all.
  54. Oct 7, 2015
    Two steps below RES4 and a step below RES5, RES6 (in this new era of RES) is still a very good game in it's own respects. If you go into it thinking you're back in the late 90's and you're expecting original Resident Evil, then you will be disappointed. If you go into it and appreciate it for what it is in its own right, then you will have hours upon hours of fun (thanks to the manyTwo steps below RES4 and a step below RES5, RES6 (in this new era of RES) is still a very good game in it's own respects. If you go into it thinking you're back in the late 90's and you're expecting original Resident Evil, then you will be disappointed. If you go into it and appreciate it for what it is in its own right, then you will have hours upon hours of fun (thanks to the many campaigns), and multiplayer is worth checking out too. Expand
  55. Jan 14, 2016
    Such a great game! Intriguing story full of interesting characters. Great action, very dark atmosphere and for me the QTE's was fun to play. Very enjoyable experience overall, but so different than old RE games so orthodox fans of the series may feel different. As for me this one is my favourite next to Code Veronica X.
  56. Mar 17, 2017
    While it doesn't benefit the storytelling and sometimes it contradicts the law of physics, it still has more surprises that you've expected. Better visual effects, amazing action parts and a long game to enjoy, although it's redundant. I don't think this is a masterpiece, but it's a fun ride to hitch. Memorable characters as Sherry, Chris, Ada and Leon will make this video game worth it.While it doesn't benefit the storytelling and sometimes it contradicts the law of physics, it still has more surprises that you've expected. Better visual effects, amazing action parts and a long game to enjoy, although it's redundant. I don't think this is a masterpiece, but it's a fun ride to hitch. Memorable characters as Sherry, Chris, Ada and Leon will make this video game worth it. Oh, one more thing, After playing RE6 I was starving for more zombies! (80%) Expand
  57. Mar 7, 2016
    Fazer um review de Resident Evil 6 não é uma coisa fácil, se eu fosse definir RE6 eu definiria como uma "Montanha-Russa" por que eu definiria assim? É um jogo que de um lado temos quem diz que é horrível e do outro quem diz que é ótimo, quem está certo? Eu diria que ambos, de certa forma. Para começar, digo que é óbvio que as notas para o game variam de pessoa pra pessoa, cada um tem suaFazer um review de Resident Evil 6 não é uma coisa fácil, se eu fosse definir RE6 eu definiria como uma "Montanha-Russa" por que eu definiria assim? É um jogo que de um lado temos quem diz que é horrível e do outro quem diz que é ótimo, quem está certo? Eu diria que ambos, de certa forma. Para começar, digo que é óbvio que as notas para o game variam de pessoa pra pessoa, cada um tem sua opinião certo? Mas acho meio que um vacilo dar a Resident Evil 6 uma nota 0 ou notas abaixo de 3. Eu entendo que existem motivos para não gostar do game, mas odia-lo? Acho que os que irão odiar são apenas os fãs dos jogos clássicos da franquia que com certeza dirão que RE6 não é terror, depois de RE4 e RE5, claro que Resident Evil 6 não seria um game de horror... Bom, vamos a Review então!

Resident Evil 6 é um jogo de ação em terceira pessoa da Capcom, a mesma empresa responsável por toda a franquia Resident Evil. O jogo é dividido por campanhas, cada campanha possui dois personagens principais que necessitam ajudar uns aos outros durante a jogatina, cada campanha possui sua própria história, ou seja, seu início, meio e fim. Uma coisa interessante é que as campanhas se cruzam e é dessa forma que o enredo de RE6 é contado. Apesar de ter tendência a confusão, esse lance de cruzamento entre campanhas, na minha opinião, foi bem pensado e bem executado. Agora falando um pouco mais das campanhas em si, temos 3 campanhas principais, nessas campanhas temos as seguintes duplas de personagens: Leon e Helena (Nova Personagem), Chris e Piers (Novo personagem), Jake (Novo personagem) e Sherry Birkin, e após concluir cada uma das campanhas, liberamos a campanha de Ada, que adiciona algumas coisas interessantes a história. Como puderam notar, a trama de RE6 envolve personagens de peso e trás também personagens novos, ou surpresas como a Sherry, que é a garotinha encontrada por Claire em Resident Evil 2. Além das campanhas se cruzarem e funcionarem em dupla, também é possível jogar em Co-op que para ser sincero é muito divertido e considero inclusive uma experiência superior a de se jogar sozinho, se possível, dê preferência para o Co-op Online, sua experiência será muito melhor com o game.

RE6 possui alguns inimigos interessantes como o Ogroman, Whoppers e o Ustanak (Acho ele fenomenal) mas em compensação há inimigos que são muito sem graça e apesar de existir uma variedade, não despertam tanto interesse, como os J'avos que são habitantes infectados pelo C-virus e que muitas vezes se transformam parcialmente em "animais", os zumbis também não são interessantes, possuem vários tipos mas são bem genéricos e nem um pouco assustadores... falando em genérico, talvez esse seja o problema de RE6, é um jogo muito "inflado" digamos assim, tem muito conteúdo mas nem tanta qualidade. Vou dar um exemplo, sua jogabilidade é muito diversificada, podemos Andar, Correr, Pular, Rastejar, Entrar no modo cover (Que achei bem mal feito), Dar Coronhada, Aplicar QTE's para eliminar inimigos, Dar voadora e Esquivar (Uau!). Mas apesar dessa gororoba toda, quando se aprende todos os comandos, jogar Resident Evil 6 se torna muito divertido! Digo isso pois apesar de ser genérico, ter gráficos muitas vezes mal feitos e ambientações nada agradáveis (Para mim, esse é o ponto mais fraco do jogo) RE6 ainda assim é divertido, por incrível que pareça...

Então, ao meu ver, RE6 é um daqueles jogos que você fica na dúvida entre "Amar ou Odiar", no meu caso, eu nem amei e nem odiei, eu fiquei literalmente meio a meio, não diria que é um Jogaço e nem diria que é um Lixo, mas apesar de ter ficado meio em dúvida, acho que darei uma nota positiva para RE6, eu o descreveria como: "Um game com boas ideias, porém mal executadas". Vale a pena jogar? Sinceramente, somente jogando para saber responder isso. Como eu havia dito antes, Resident Evil 6 é como uma montanha-russa, tem altos e baixos, basta saber se você vai vomitar ou ficar tranquilo enquanto estiver em um de seus "Loops".

Nota Final: 8.3/10 (Ótimo)
  58. Feb 24, 2016
    o resident evil 6 foi um ótimo jogo, ele recupera um pouco o terror que o 5 perdeu. o resident evil 6 tem partes com muito suspense o que é fundamental para um jogo de survival horror. porém, ainda não recuperou o terror completamente, mas já é um começo. o jogo trás uma ótima jogabilidade, boa história e um ótimo multiplayer. sem falar que o modo mercenaries continua, esse modo de jogo éo resident evil 6 foi um ótimo jogo, ele recupera um pouco o terror que o 5 perdeu. o resident evil 6 tem partes com muito suspense o que é fundamental para um jogo de survival horror. porém, ainda não recuperou o terror completamente, mas já é um começo. o jogo trás uma ótima jogabilidade, boa história e um ótimo multiplayer. sem falar que o modo mercenaries continua, esse modo de jogo é muito bom. Expand
  59. Jul 1, 2017
    Is it the Resident Evil that we've come to know and love? No. Is it survival horror? no. Is it fun to play and a good action game with survival horror aspects and a Resident Evil universe? Yes!. It's not the game fans wanted, but it doesn't make it any less of a good game. Cooperative is nicely done. The game play flows nicely. Best controls of the series. Best voice acting of the series.Is it the Resident Evil that we've come to know and love? No. Is it survival horror? no. Is it fun to play and a good action game with survival horror aspects and a Resident Evil universe? Yes!. It's not the game fans wanted, but it doesn't make it any less of a good game. Cooperative is nicely done. The game play flows nicely. Best controls of the series. Best voice acting of the series. Interesting plot lines that all tie into together. Yup. I sure do remember playing the first Res when it came out on Sega Saturn, and have played every one since (yes, even Gaiden!), and I for one say that although it's not what i wanted, what's there was done very nicely. Expand
  60. Oct 3, 2012
    Biggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survivalBiggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survival horror. The game on its on is pretty good, but as a series, it's dying out for me. Expand
  61. Oct 27, 2012
    I played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous drivingI played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous driving scenes, I will go back to this later as it deserves to be talked about thoroughly. Removing the merchant completely was a stupid idea. I actually liked being able to purchase and use different weapons in RE4 & RE5 as opposed to how it's set up now where, ok you get these weapons you get in this campaign and this is what you have to use. You really have no options and not every character gets a certain kind of weapon. I think Ada and Chris didn't get a magnum or something. The little perk system Capcom added was kind of pointless in a way but it did give you something to do with the removal of the shop menu. Just not as interesting to me. There are positives you can find in this game. The story is ok. Graphics are nice and I haven't seen any frame rate drops but occasionally you will see areas that just seem way too dark even if you have the brightness settings up all the way in the game - to combat this I had to change settings on my TV. I played through the three main campaigns via cooperatively and actually had fun. I can imagine this game might be a little boring playing solo. Cover system is pointless. Not once did I find myself ever having to go into cover even playing on Professional. It was just a way to make the RE series more like games like Uncharted or Gears of War but they failed miserably. As for the driving. Well it's bad. Real bad. I wasn't expecting a Gran Turismo or Forza but holy hell. You do it so much that it warrants being mentioned. Snow mobile scene for one why was it still over the shoulder? It threw me off completely because of how stupid it looked. As to trying to make an avalanche dramatic Capcom decided to make ground rise up for some reason - I did not know this was possible. It was ridiculous, dumb and downright pointless. Chris & Piers driving scene is the worst. The turret on the gun does not even damage any other enemy cars unless you are right next to them. Trying to keep up is difficult because the driving is so bad. This should not have been included into the game. Oh and Chris magically learning how to fly a jet? Get real Capcom. Don't go into this game expecting something epic, you'll be highly disappointed. Play RE6 expecting you may be disappointed and you should be fine. Expand
  62. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this gameProduction values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2012
    I've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I gotI've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I got enough hours and enjoyment out of this game that I can't hate it. I'm through with it now because of these errors, but it was worth it. Save points (not checkpoints) are way to sparse. I once played a super long section before a save point and needed to pause the game, but I forgot to turn off the online, which disables pause with no way of entering a menu to turn online off. Hilarious.Some really cool areas though. And like i said, I don't really know how to desribe it, but there was just so much freedom. That's why it gets a good score instead of a bad one. Expand
  64. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's gotBasically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  65. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often. 2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  66. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOWLol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  67. Dec 27, 2012
    While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game,While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game, the three main campaigns provide several hours of gameplay each and the mercenaries modes are as fun as always. The downside here is that this is NOT survival horror. Its more akin to Gears of War with Zombies. If that appeals to you then RE6 will be a perfect fit for you, if your an old school RE player than you'll be disappointed. I'm 42, I love RE (not Operation Racoon City) I liked 5 and I like 6. This game is getting far too many negative reviews because it is different from the games released on PS1 ten years ago. Face it people, RE grew up and evolved. Whether thats good or bad is a matter of preference and for me personally its good. Give this game a try, its way better than some of these reviews would lead you to believe. (I havent played the bonus campaign with ADA so I can't comment on that...yet). Expand
  68. Jun 23, 2013
    It ain't resident evil game but it is a good game. Leon's and Ada's campaigns are the best ones but the other ones are awful. This classic survival horror game has turned in to action shooter game. It is a fun ride but not so entertaining as the old RE games.
  69. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vsThe fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES.

As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade.

Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you?

Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game.

Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996.

This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends.

I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you.
  70. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offerIs the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  71. Oct 10, 2012
    It's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be hereIt's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be here (shooter).

Some other minor problems I've encountered are some of the events that happen. For example, you're in melee and a cinematic triggers. A car on fire comes dashing for you and explodes. If you're standing wrong, you're dead, simply that, nothing you can do about it. Apart from that, if you're used to a shooter, you might want to set the grenade to R2, as with standard controls, R2 is a herb, and tossing a nade involves frantically searching for it with the D-pad.

The quick-time events a lot of people dislike are actually not that bothersome. The only one that's FAR too common is opening a door with your partner. This happens about every 2 minutes.

All in all, this game is not a topper. But it doesn't deserve the score it gets here, it's a decent attempt from Capcom to appeal to a larger audience. They will however have to define a direction for RE, mixing everything into one game just feels forced and doesn't work at times.
  72. Oct 11, 2012
    OK I have to say I like the game i'm a big fan of Resident Evil The stories are awesome, and shocking. The only thing that irritates me is the Grabbing problem where you lose a whole bar of health just because they put their hands on you...they don't even have to hit you they just touch you and you automatically lose health. Other than that I love the game.
  73. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    It's definitely the most ambitious title in the series. But lacks the meat and bones of all its predecessors.
  74. Nov 25, 2012
    After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE)After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE) which make the most exciting scenes that you would normally want to play a bit boring, as these take the bite out of the game. Overall enough good changes to make a very good game I had a blast playing online! Although I would welcome a return to it's old survival horror roots wish I've missed since 4. Expand
  75. Jan 18, 2013
    for me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chaptersfor me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chapters (mostly leon's) until i got my fave abilities up to lvl3 and ****..

for me rent the game first. imo the shooting and the movement is better than RE5 and mercs is addicting. it has a meaty campaign and tonnes of hours of gameplay (if you're into shooting up monsters and ****)

give it a chance it might surprise you.
  76. Jan 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, theResident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, the action game fans and the FPS fans. I like COD but this is Resident Evil and it should be like RE4 and RE5, next generation, with action... ok, that's good but the game must have the horror too, it's not a shooter game, FPS, like the campaign of Chris. Skills, oh my god, no... they should keep the RE5 style, again. Upgrading weapons and maybe, upgrade health, things like that. Thank god the unlimited ammo is unlockable after we beat the entire game once, but we can use only 3 unlimited gun ammo per skill and that's annoying, if we want to use another unlimited gun we have to change the ability? Pfff... The extra campaign of Ada is a incredible bonus, I loved this one too, like Leon's one. Another thing, the bonus costumes, they should be available to use in the main campaigns!!! That's a CLASSIC. I really don't care if they appear in the FMV or not, the most important thing is PLAYING with them. Someone out there said "sorry, but its something with the capacity of the game disc". A PS3 Blu-Ray and a Xbox 360 DVD really don't include space to put the bonus costumes playable in the main story??? Oh come on.. tell me another story, Capcom. The controls are so much better now, I like it a lot. The graphics too. The combat system and the guns are so much better. But that's the thing. Maybe RE Revelations (that's coming to PS3, XBOX360 and PC in May 21st, 2013) is better than RE6. The Mercenaries is a incredible bonus too, but 3 scenarios? Oh my GOD! At least 6 and it would be very good... All that because of Capcom, wanting money and more money with those DLC'S. This thing of 3 different campaigns and different styles to please all the kind of public is really not a good idea. I have sure that the real fans of RE are thinking that way too. I hope CAPCOM can fix that in the next games. Expand
  77. Mar 23, 2013
    A fun action game with a load of content. One of the best couch coop games I've played in a while. While the story is a bit goofy and the quick-time events can be really cheap at times, I would recommend it to any fans of the later Resi games.
  78. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, veryThis game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, very good: I enjoyed the various points of view without feeling overwhelmed by the 45 hours of play it tooked to me to platinum it. The low amount of ammo you find and carry at higher difficulty level force you to cycle among the weapons carried, offering a various approach to fight. The game isn't scary at all. It is more an action game with a strong cinematic approach, rather than a true, old styled, survival horror. I find the game higly replayable, especially thanks to the cool chapter structure, which allow you to replay almost exactly the point you like. Overall, I think it is a good product for the fan of the serie: a game which allow you to play some of the most charismatic characters of RE, and throw in some new stuff. Expand
  79. Feb 27, 2013
    Keep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complainKeep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complain about this? Face it, it's a good game; at least from a technical aspect. The graphics are lifelike, the gunplay is smooth and fair, the difficulty curve is spot on, the character models are well thought out as are their animations, and the multiplayer is surprisingly good. I enjoyed this game through and through, and although it's not a perfect game, it's definitely among my favorite games of 2012. For all of you 90's Capcom fans out there, just pretend you're not playing a Rezzy game and you'll enjoy it. Definitely worth $40. Expand
  80. Apr 10, 2013
    I would have given this a 9 or 10 if not for those annoying QTEs (quick time events) that leads to your unexpected deaths. But still, this is a must game for every RE fan out there like me who started playing this game since the '90s.
  81. Apr 8, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 was not an awful game but it was not great either. Leon and Ada's campaign was the only interesting campaign. Chris and Jake's gets boring by the minute. There wasn't so much head up display which was good. Multiplayer was completely a waste of time money and it really brings this game down. The multiplayer game is not long enough and once your shot its hopeless. NotResident Evil 6 was not an awful game but it was not great either. Leon and Ada's campaign was the only interesting campaign. Chris and Jake's gets boring by the minute. There wasn't so much head up display which was good. Multiplayer was completely a waste of time money and it really brings this game down. The multiplayer game is not long enough and once your shot its hopeless. Not disspointed with game but im not that happy either Expand
  82. May 11, 2013
    The poor average user score is due to the fact that this isn't the Resident Evil the old-school fans know and love anymore. It is an action game that retains a survival component...but the horror aspect is all but gone. The game is a solid 7/10. It has flaws in the dialogue and story. But at the end of the day. I still feel the RE franchise has made a positive step story-wise and thatThe poor average user score is due to the fact that this isn't the Resident Evil the old-school fans know and love anymore. It is an action game that retains a survival component...but the horror aspect is all but gone. The game is a solid 7/10. It has flaws in the dialogue and story. But at the end of the day. I still feel the RE franchise has made a positive step story-wise and that there has been a positive improvement in the control scheme from 4 and 5. For $20 (or less) CDN/US this game was worth every penny. I would probably be a bit more bitter if I had of spent 50-69$ on this game...but I paid a 1/3 of the price of regular newly released full title blockbuster games. I haven't bought all the dlc. Just the extra mercenaries maps for the $5 bundle. I wasn't overly impressed at first....but if you enjoy the mercenaries 'enough' they can be worth the purchase. If you weren't a hardcore mercenaries fan to begin with, don't bother. I might say pickup rooftop, since it is a small and fun map. I'm still waiting hopefully for story based dlc like lost in nightmare and desparate escape. If you haven't played it already. You can pick up the gold edition of re5 for pretty much the same price or maybe cheaper. re5 gold edition was a solid 9/10. Expand
  83. Jun 2, 2013
    As a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's theAs a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's the best you can think of Capcom? I enjoyed this game. It was different from the others. I think personally you're either a Chris fan or a Leon fan. Me, I'm with Leon. I thought there was gonna be an awesome fight scene between those two in the trailer, but there wasn't it was disappointing actually. It was a fun game,and I'm predicting the next Resident Evil game will be Chris'. Ada as always is annoying. Enough said Expand
  84. Jun 23, 2013
    This game has a great story and great gameplay its not the best game ever but why does have a mixed or average critic and user score? I mean seriously just because the and cover system sucks does not mean its a bad game.
  85. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games.This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games. Just take out resident evil from the title and have fun. Expand
  86. May 13, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Right away, I'm going to say, my score for this based on being solely an action game and well after the controls were patched. Like it or not, survival horror is a part of the action genre in gaming; so yeah. With that said, Resident Evil 6 takes four different approaches to how you play: Third Person Shooter, Traditional Survival Horror, Stealth and then combination of the three with melee-focused combat. (The latter being Jake's story)

Chris' portion will have you spitting lead at other weapon totting C-Virus soldiers, which adds the bigger and badder BOWs for him to face. Despite it getting tiresome, the BOWs do tend to break up the monotony of the game's improved cover system, still giving the scenario that Resident Evil feel.

The pluses do outweigh the minuses in this, kept me going through an above par portrayal about comradery, with his unit. Sure, the amnesia part could of been omitted, as it really seemed to only be present for one chapter and was gone the next, never really developing into any meaningful, plotwise.

Leon's scenario tends to be everyone's favorite scenario here, (Considering, he is probably the most liked character in the series.) as we get to experience a truly intense experience of being in the middle of a city-wide outbreak. In all honesty, Resident Evil 6 could've just been an expanded version of Leon's story, as it stayed intense and challenging for most of the game. Aside from a few bad cliches with the usual with the scheming bad guy near the end, It's the high point of the game.

Jake's story isn't bad either and focuses more on the chemistry between him and Sherry Birken. (All grown up!) Admittedly, they were a good pair to play with, and makes for some memorable moments, especially when going against Ustanack (RE6's Nemesis-like monster)

Last, is Ada's campaign, which is used to fill in the gaps where all of the unanswered questions were during the other stories. In regards to the story elements, they do shed light on many of the unanswered questions, BUT overall her campaign is boring and really doesn't match into its own thing. Not only that, the stealth portions were pointless and felt forced. (Which is said because they could've been made to be cool.

In regards to the newer control scheme, it does take some getting used to and shows serious improvement, after Capcom patched the game!

Overall, the game packs 4 character scenarios that intertwine well, in the same fashion as Resident Evil 2. But loses its balance with all of the different gameplay approaches it tries to accomplish. Sure, they are ironed out well, but lose sight of what matters, THE HORROR ASPECT. The monsters are creepy and scary at times. But you have to really get behind the fact that Capcom was doing just too damn much with this one. (WHICH I DID) Also, multiplayer adds The Mercenaries (can be played solo) and a few newer modes to gameplay formula for the MP prortion.

As for its rating as a part of the Resident Evil series, its a 5. It lacks any sort of terrifying moments,
    Yet it keeps the fighting tense and confined enough to keep that feeling of dread and need to look over your shoulder. Sure it's got a LOT of content, but Resident Evil isn't about the costumes, extra content and nick-nacks you acquire. It the very definition of SURVIVAL HORROR, which this lacks in almost every way.

I enjoyed playing the game, but felt it left me empty overall, in terms of it being the continuation of the main story.
  87. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event thatAs a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  88. Oct 3, 2012
    While I did have fun playing this game in co-op, it often felt like a capcom just took every single idea the development team had and stuck them in regardless of what they were. The result is a messy, uncertain, oddly paced action adventure shooter that doesn't quite give players any time to breathe. I love mercenaries mode though, and I liked the story. Agent hunt can burn in hell.
  89. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  90. Oct 14, 2012
    While this game is not horrible, it is no longer RE by any means. This series has become a 3rd person shooter with a cover system and a lot of QTE events. The game is still fun for the most part and it does give you heaps of replay value with all the different campaigns but the soul of the game is gone for sure. The online co-op is fun as well and serves to further bolster the replayWhile this game is not horrible, it is no longer RE by any means. This series has become a 3rd person shooter with a cover system and a lot of QTE events. The game is still fun for the most part and it does give you heaps of replay value with all the different campaigns but the soul of the game is gone for sure. The online co-op is fun as well and serves to further bolster the replay value but again...this just isn't RE anymore. Nothing is scary or has any degree of tension whatsoever....in fact it is basically run and gun for the most part. Boss fights are tedious and repetitious to say the least, I would say you could avoid this game for the most part or at the very least play it safe and wait for the prie to drop which I'm sure it will do rather rapidly. Expand
  91. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  92. Nov 2, 2015
    In my opinion, a review of 5 might as well be a review of 0.

So, I'm giving this a 6 lol.

It's not great.

Definitely go buy The Evil Within instead of this game.

Basically at this point, there is no reason to buy this game as there are many better now.
  93. Oct 7, 2012
    Positives: Leon and Helena campaign feels like classic Resident Evil (more specifically Resident Evil 4), Some tense environments, Nice lighting effects (adds to the tension for some of the campaigns), The Interconnecting stories and very interesting campaign
    Negatives: the QTE (Quick time events) are very annoying, Jake and Sherry Campaign can be either very easy OR very hard, Chris and Piers campaign felt nothing like Resident Evil at all (feels more like a horrible third person shooter), some area's are too dark (zombies and environments blend in), weird camera and controls and horrible pacing.
    Overall: A could be good game with lots of flaws (the controls, camera and Chris and Piers campaign). Maybe an update fixing some of the issues would help make this a more enjoyable game.
  94. Oct 4, 2012
    A solid 6... and that just for leon campaign
    The rest is pure garbage

If capcom did a big campaign based on leon campaign then resident evil 6 could have been much more
  95. Nov 17, 2012
    Whilst I would not say this was an awful game, it is a very mediocre one.

The amount of quick time events beggars belief even on Leons campaign which is the most worthy of being called Resident Evil. The Chris campaign is honestly more like a 3rd person Call of Duty, the acheivement/trophy when you conplete this campaign even rubs this fact into your face. Theres even a jeep/car
    Whilst I would not say this was an awful game, it is a very mediocre one.

The Chris campaign is honestly more like a 3rd person Call of Duty, the acheivement/trophy when you conplete this campaign even rubs this fact into your face. Theres even a jeep/car chase,,

With regards to the enemies, they just seem to have thrown in the kitchen sink, giant snakes, spider things, giant flys, zombie sharks., one of the bosses even has a form like a Tyrannosaurus Rex...it all left me feeling a bit cold. Ever heard the prhase "Sometimes less is more"? Well it applies here.

I've played worse games but I've played a hell of a lot of better ones as well. That with the fact that this doesn't play like a Resident Evil game is enough for me to advise complete caution. I rented this and glad that I did. I would have felt cheated had I bought it though...
  96. Jan 31, 2016
    Story: 6/10
    Story: 6/10
    Resident Evil is known for its ridiculous plotlines, ranging from being chased by a giant mechanical Napoleon lookalike to crashing landing a bomber into a volcano. Resident Evil 6 is no exception and is definitely the most ambitious game to date, filled with cinematic set pieces set across the globe, feeling more like a Call of Duty entry rather than Resident Evil entry. Although the scale of the plot is impressive it also takes away from the classic creepy plotline of the original games. Due to the downfall of Umbrella and the death of Albert Wesker, Resident Evil 6 introduces Neo-Umbrella and a host of new villains and BOWs. However these characters feel more like replacements for beloved Resident Evil enemies rather than new ones.
    Unlike previous entries, Resident Evil 6 explores characters beyond quirky one liners and their zombie killing abilities. This is only really evident is Chris and Pier’s campaign which features flashbacks of a traumatized Chris after the loss of his men although this is a refreshing change of storytelling for the Resident Evil series it felt dragged and frankly annoying.

Visuals & Sound: 7/10
    Capcom has made a huge effort to restore Resident Evil to the dark creepy atmosphere that made the series such a success. They manage to achieve this in Leon’s campaign which maintains a creepy atmosphere for the majority of the game. This is not the case in Chris’s and Jake’s campaigns which tend to focus on large gun battles in well lit areas far more than Resident Evil 5. As I mentioned earlier Resident Evil 6 is filled with huge cinematic set pieces that could rival Uncharted. At times large set pieces and sequences such as driving a motorcycle at helicopter or attacking a battleship with a jet seem too big for the game itself and unnecessary.
    Like its predecessors Resident Evil 6 is filled with gigantic boss battles and questionable enemy designs. These range from terrifying to ridiculous with some end game bosses almost laughable. This mainly concerns the J’Avo which are able mutate and evolve after taking damage to a body part. These mutations cause them to generate new limbs turnings them into insects and giant moths.

Gameplay: 6/10
    Resident Evil 6 continues with the third-person over-the-shoulder perspective introduced in the Resident Evil 4 although allowing the player to move while aiming such as in The Mercenaries game for the 3DS. Characters movement speed has also been sped up significantly allowing players to sprint in standard gameplay. This is a welcomed addition to the series although the movement seems overly loose and inaccurate. Thankfully they have replaced the dreadful inventory system used in Resident Evil 5, allowing characters to select and use items easily while in combat.
    Button-mashing has returned but is now more frequent and frustrating than in past games. The button sequences are triggered when a player is grabbed by an enemy or when performing an action such as accessing a control panel. The weapon and aiming system remains unchanged but you can no longer upgrade guns as in Resident Evil 5. Weapon damage is now upgraded in the perk system which allows the user to select 3 perks at a time to improve their character and weapons. These perks are purchased using skill points which are picked up as items during the game. Although I appreciate the idea I prefer the old upgrading system used in Resident Evil 4 & 5. The idea of picking up skill points as item rather than simply earning them by completing a chapter is a terrible idea especially considering harder difficulties were every bullet and shell is essential.

Extras & Multiplayer: 7/10
    Resident Evil 5 had huge replay value featuring a lengthy cooperative campaign with chapter select, mercenaries and a semi-descent multiplayer. Capcom have taken this to a whole new level adding four full campaigns, mercenaries and new game mode called Agent Mode. This allows players to join other player’s games as a zombie and your goal is to kill them similar to versus mode in Left 4 Dead although not a good due poor controls. Mercenaries mode remains the same as past games but only 3 maps are included with an additional 3 as a pre-order bonus which is disappointing. Like Resident Evil 5, this game seems too focused on cooperative play making the game quite boring when playing alone. However from what I have played of Ada’s campaign it seems like a good singleplayer experience with a classic Resident Evil.

Enjoyment: 6/10
    Overall I was disappointed with Resident Evil 6 having been a huge fan of the series. This was due to frustrating gameplay and long and tedious chapters although the drop in and out system was handy. Despite my disappointment Resident Evil 6 was a descent game but it wasn’t a Resident Evil game.

Overall Rating: 6/10
  97. Oct 11, 2012
    For an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't beFor an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't be doing much of this in Leon's campaign it's still a nice addition to have through the 4 campaigns. Creature design is better than all of resident evils combined. Campaign and Mercenaries are all fully co-op but the only issue is you cannot trade items. The health system has been redone as well. The have now changed to health tablets. A green herb gives you one tablet, 2 greens and you got 3 tablets, 3 greens or a green and a red will give you 6 tablets. Your health bar is now blocks that are replenished by taking a tablet. 1 tablet = 2 block. I will review each campaign separately starting with Leon's. Leon's campaign is worth the 60 dollars on its own. It's much better than the whole of resident evil 5 and challenges RE4 in specific categories. It's the classic Resident Evil experience. Zombies can mutate into fleshy sacks and others can spew toxic gas from there bodies. It's nice not having to shoot Las Plagas infected mongrels day in day out. Zombies can run, jump and sway to avoid attacks and try and take a bite out of your neck. Hand to hand combat is a nice experience with Leon (and others) being able to pull of satisfying finishers like stabbing bottles in the backs of zombies and them onto the ground. In short, it never gets old. Also I would like to add that moving and shooting is now in the game. I personally never used it but tried it. I works well its just that moving while aiming doesn't allow for accurate shots but whatever blows your hair back. Leons campaign is quite lengthy lasting a good 8 1/2 hours on my first play through (I beat RE5 in 6 hours on the first play through) There are also great set pieces ranging from shooting a Naked Spider Woman on a train track to fighting a Godzilla sized mutant fly. It's fun from start to finish. The areas are all interesting from flaming streets to underground caves and a zombie infested church. If the game was just Leon's campaign and mercenaries it would get a 9/10. Chris's campaign and Jakes campaigns are similar but have their distinctive differences. Chris's campaign is a mix of RE4 and 5. The enemies consists of j'avos that lurk around every corner. J'avos are infected people but they retain their intelligence. That means they are able to use guns and bombs and try to flank you. J'avos are able to mutate into stronger forms of them selves. For example shoot their head off and out comes a parasitic 2 headed monster that is able to chomp through steel. Shoot arms and out pops longer tentacle like organisms that attack you behind cover. There's a wide array of mutations. If you go blasting in like an action game you will quickly find yourself without ammo and using your knife to try and incapacitate your foes. Like Leon's campaign there are some pretty impressive set pieces like Shooting huge el gigante like creatures with absolutely disgusting mutilated faces and hunting down a invisible snake that eats your teammates one by one. It's also around 8 1/2 hours long and it's filled with great locations like Snowy European villages and neon filled Chinese downtown areas. The story is also interesting with the struggle between Chris and his inner demons as well as with his partner. Parts interweaves with Leon's campaign. Jakes campaign features the same enemies and some of the locations as Chris's but is still an enjoyable experience with again a nice story and some spectacular set pieces. In jakes campaign you are being chased by an invincible nemesis like creatures that stalks you as you make your way through the game. Chris's campaign would score a 9/10 but jakes would be a 8/10 because of the repeated enemies and repeated locations. Ada's campaign is more puzzle filled with interesting locations and new enemies and would score a 8.5/10. Mercenaries return with all new locations, characters and enemies. If you've played one mercenaries than you've played them all really. It's still however, a nice experience to play 2 players. I would score it a 8.7/10. To summarize this is without a doubt the best Resident Evil game and the sheer amount of content earns it a 10/10. Expand
  98. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand why this game earned so much hate. I just checked out the xbox version, at 0.6, I didn't think it could get much worse. Its a okay game guys! Really cool graphics, zombie shooting, and yes, co-op. Making the same game over and over again is not the way to continue a franchise, and I thought Final Fantasy Purists were bad...
    If nothing else, then take this from my
    If nothing else, then take this from my review, ignore the user score. Just go to wikipedia, and scroll down.
  99. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Resident Evil 6 in concept had some good ideas and things to work with, but almost everything they tried in this game was poorly excecuted. I did like the idea of Leon and Chris finally being in a game together. I liked how they actually tried to give Chris a little more character development, something that was lacking to me in the previous games with him. I really liked maybe the first half of Leons campaign. There also seems to be a great attention to detail in how each character reacts to the enemies, whether it be Chris, Leon or Jake they all feel different to me. With that being said though, I think theres a lot of problems with this game, and like I said the biggest fault being excecution. I liked how they made Chris sort of this captain of the group in the beginning of the campaign and I like how Chris says no one will be left behind. But this is soon shattered by Adas stupid clone. I was actually digging Chris's campaign in the beginning but after Chris's men are killed I lost all sense of what I was actually fighting for, besides obviously Chris trying to get revenge on Carla. RE6 ended up replacing RE4 and RE5's weapon upgrading system with a skill point system. The problem I had with it was that I really didn't get a chance to actually delve into it as you could only upgrade skills at the end of each chapter and from what skill points I aquired, I barely felt any real difference. There's some melee components to this game but they all feel overpowered as you can continually mash at the enemies at will with no consequences. In RE4 and Re5 you had to place your shots at the right points than you could do a melee sequence. At the end of things I think this game is worth renting as I think there is some fun to be had, especially if you have a friend, but other than that don't buy it. Expand
  100. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were momentsThis game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were moments that shined like navigating subway tunnels or being stalked by the Ustanak in ice caverns - but those were far and between. And those damn QTE events - c'mon! What is this - Heavy Rain?

I'm a huge RE fan, having played every game since the original PS game. I'm one of those fans who didn't think RE5 was horrible but could've been better. I know Capcom can still make a kick-ass RE game - as evident in RE: Revelations for the 3DS. Revelations was unbelievable game - showing us that RE can still be about atmosphere and building tension! But this game, on the other hand, is just "good".

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.