Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. May 1, 2013
    Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign,Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign, quit for the night (checking that 'save in progress' has come up before I switch off), only to fire up the game a couple of nights later and find all my previous progress is gone.

I'd be bemoaning the fact that I've flushed £40 down the toilet if I didn't know I can trade it in for Medal Of Honour in 2 weeks! Seriously, if you must play it to complete the series, wait for pre-owned. There'll be hundreds of them around Christmas time for a tenner!
  2. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  3. Mar 19, 2017
    Un jeu loin des codes initiaux de la série (pas de stress, musiques insipides et non représentative du jeu, scénario qui part dans tous les sens niveau chronologie et surtout en "cohérence de jeu", personnages quasi inexistants, etc etc), mais qui se paye aussi le luxe d'être une pâle copie de tous les autres, et de ne rien apporter de neuf.

Niveau gameplay, c'est le néant : Inventaire

Niveau gameplay, c'est le néant : Inventaire non intuitif, système de fight plus proche d'un Street Fighter qu'autre chose, et indigeste de nombreuses fois (passage en scooter des neiges, caméra qui bouge style bateau en pleine tempête, système de couverture qui se veut nouveau mais déjà fait et surtout qui bug à fond pour ne citer qu'eux). Bref, là dessus il n'invente pas l'eau chaude, en plus d'avoir une technique de conception qui fait mal à voir parfois...

Un jeu réservé aux bourrins qui se fichent de l'histoire de la série, et veulent juste de l'action brute. Mais même là, d'autres jeux sont au dessus et de loin.

Je mets 1, juste pour le contenu énorme. Mais la quantité ne fait pas la qualité, comme on dit...
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  5. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe: - Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse. Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  6. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After this lawlessness I will never buy a Resident Evil game.
    I wouldn't say capcom tried to copy any of other game series, they tried to copy their own ideas just adding inappropriate explosions every 3 minutes.
    I didn't noticed any kind of sane plot. It begins with simulated big bangs and it's repeated until the very end.
    "We will give them explosions. They love explosions at every second"
    Characters communicate only in monosyllables and it's quite annoying. it seems that neither I nor the characters themselves do not understand what makes them tick. They just shoot and go somewhere not quite sure why they need to. Then they meet other characters and then shoot at everything that moves .... and then explosions... and then again ...
    You can describe the plotthis way. The bad characters infected the planet guided by ridiculous motives. It's the end of the world. The good characters are trying to stop it and succeed. The end.
    Clumsy game mechanics make the gameplay to get boring by the end of of one of the four companies.

With original RE capcom changed beyond recognition survival horror genre.
    With RE 4 capcom caused the revolution in 3rd person shooter.
    With RE 6 capcom evolutionized the "commercial blockbuster" genre (as I name it).
  7. Oct 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway. Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just fails
  8. Oct 7, 2012
    This game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to theThis game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to the orginal, you wouldn't want a Mario FPS would you? this game gets a 0 for being that, a ZERO in today's crowded FPS and TPS online games...At least Operation raccoon city had real zombies Expand
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    Why Capcom? Just, why? RE was one of my favorite series of all time and now you decided to make it into something without any sense of personality! Copying any other TPS in existance isn't always a good idea. For all of those who haven't played it yet, if your favorite game of all time is MW3 then you'll dig it for sure, this isn't RE anymore.
  10. Oct 3, 2012
    As a long term RE fan, This game shocked and appalled every sense my body has. Even ones I didn't know I had. This game is not scary. The control system is really bad. This gives the feel that capcom wanted the CoD audience. It really pales in comparison with RE4, And somehow makes 5 a good game.
    Yep, that's how much they screwed this game up.
    This game is terrible. Don't buy it.
  11. Oct 6, 2012
    Nice one Capcom you **** **** pieces of **** Garbage game and I don't care how long you worked on it I don't feel sorry for you. You ruined the series and spiraled it into abysmal genericism. ****
  12. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst Resident evil game i have ever played in my life, and i thought RE5 was bad enough but this took it to a whole new level.

i bought the $95 anthology collection and i have to say this is the worst purchase i have ever made in my life, i played about 10-15mins of this and right out of the gate there is quick time events, and mostly just watching a darn movie. After that i just could not do it anymore, i hated RE4 and 5 for the over the sholder view and the No horror.

if you enjoyed RE 4 and 5 then you will prob love this as you most of you guys love change and love to accept anything that is thrown at you. love quick time events and long cutscenes? Do you love 3rd person shooters and Action games? love Zombies with guns! then well you will love this game then.

I hope capcom learns something from this, and goes back to the old style of Resident evil, i mean how do they go from Resident evil Remake to RE4 and 5 i mean come on!
  13. Oct 4, 2012
    It's just an insane rollercoaster ride.
    ASTA LUEGO CAPCOM!
  14. Oct 5, 2012
    If I wanted Gears of War, I'd buy Gears of War. I didn't have to wait three years and then shell out sixty dollars to play this cash-out piece of crap. I wish companies would learn that trying to turn great series into Call of Duty is a horrible idea in the end, but since it's Capcom, at this point I'm not really sure why I expected anything else.
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident evil was lost ... it's a shame such a good game, end this way ... not worth buying ... is the same as playing a mário in format shooter. Dead space is much more than the new RE games in the series. Expand
  16. Oct 4, 2012
    They should rename this game Resident of Duty 6: Modern Zombies. This is by far the worst game in the serie. Capcom has divided the plot into 3 campaigns which is just stupid, they didn't want to put any effort into making one good story so they made 3 short and weak stories. The campaigns are boring and just run-and-gun, no tension at all. Also, the new character, Jake Muller, is one ofThey should rename this game Resident of Duty 6: Modern Zombies. This is by far the worst game in the serie. Capcom has divided the plot into 3 campaigns which is just stupid, they didn't want to put any effort into making one good story so they made 3 short and weak stories. The campaigns are boring and just run-and-gun, no tension at all. Also, the new character, Jake Muller, is one of the weakest characters ever been introduced to the Resident Evil serie. It's like Capcom wouldn't let go of Wesker so they made him up. Capcom has lost their touch and I will no longer buy another game from them. Expand
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face.
  18. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  20. Oct 4, 2012
    Stupid camera, laggy controls. Annoying gameplay. Sometimes FPS has drop to uncomfortable low. I have no idea what developers tried to create, but they failed. Not recommended to buy at all.
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high qualityThis is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high quality campaign for Terran in SC2 and put the rest sides of the conflict in addons instead of three low-medium quality campaign. Expand
  22. Nov 17, 2012
    What a horrible game I bought it used but had to give it back and fortunately got my money back. What makes it bad? the poor design, the story itself is just boring, Konami should seriously bringing back the old days where you had puzzles and the game was really a survival horror not somewhere where you basically have infinite bullets just lots of action and 0 plot. Pathetic.
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    This isn't survival horror, it wants to be gears of war and call of duty.
    Fails on all accounts, major disappointment, horrible game, I want my money back :(
  24. Oct 4, 2012
    A game is not cinematical cutscenes less whe the gameplay is as terrible as it is.
    The only to blame is capcom and their need to overhurried one the most selling franchises but whe they care more about the money a less to get things right, and this is the result. Just don't felt for every children dumb comment who have the chance of playing it. Is as bad as to get most ppl angry with them.
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    Call of Evil 6 ou Gears of Evil 6?Esse Resident Evil 6 é só mais um jogo de ação entre tantos que já foram lançados esse ano.R.I.P Resident Evil.Por causa dessa geração,e a ganancia da Capcom,que Resident Evil virou uma merda.
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was simply awful, /v/ was right. I shouldn't play video games anymore. All the ones who have good reviews are either shills or viral marketers.
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times whenThis game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times when there were so many cutscenes, that I wasn't actually even playing a game. They said they were going back to their roots, and then **** us with this garbage that they call a game. It sucks realizing that you waited this long for a game, and they produced this steamy pile of crap. BRING BACK SURVIVAL HORROR! Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    By no means this is a 0 quality game. It really is an average action 3rd person game that will probably please some people. The reason It gets a 0 from me, is because it has the misleading title of a numbered RE sequel but the product i ended up playing was something like Gears of War meets CoD.
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    Welcome win! Ansha Abdul!
    Добро победит! Анша Абдуль!
  30. Oct 17, 2012
    Tuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto aTuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto a tu personaje que hace imposible ver lo que tenemos a nuestro alrededor. Físicas Inexistentes, puedes deslizarte sobre una mesa o escritorio lleno de cajas, libros, latas, comida, etc, Y estas ni se mueven, ni se inmutan, tu personaje solo las traspasa, Otro aspecto totalmente negativo es el combate cuerpo a cuerpo, que esta totalmente desbalanceado puedes matar a cuanto zombies y enemigos quieras de esta manera. Municiones por doquier, en todas partes consigues Balas y si a eso le sumas que la mayor parte del juego vas a lo TEKKEN haciendo agarres y lanzando Patadas pues las Balas te Sobran. DONDE ESTAN LOS PUZZLESSS???? Dios mio!!! DONDE ESTA EL SURVIVOR HORROR??? Destrozaron una Excelente Saga!!! Esto no es un Resident Evil, es un Call of Duty en tercera persona!!!! En cuanto a los Gráficos, ATROZ, ESPANTOSO!!! Totalmente comparable con el RE4 y no con el RE5 no se que hizo CAPCOM con su excelente motor gráfico usado en RE5, aquí tenemos TEXTURAS CUTRES, UN BORDE PIXELADO QUE RODEA A NUESTRO PERSONAJE EN LAS CINEMÁTICAS, ILUMINACIÓN EXAGERADA. En fin un Desastre. Lo único bueno de este Expand
  31. Oct 2, 2012
    After this terrible experience i refuse to buy another resident evil game until it goes back to its origins. The Gameplay was awful the story was awful the controls was awful. Warning dont waste your money.
  32. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is Terrible game in the world. Horrible game play and AI. unrealistic physics engine, cheap sound effect. dont buy this. waste of money and time.
    by the way dokdo is korean territory
  33. Oct 2, 2012
    This has to be one of the biggest pieces of junk that i have EVER played. The story makes no sense and is just plain boring, the controls are worse than a game made in the 90's i refuse to ever buy a capcom game again. Even the dedicated should stay clear
  34. Oct 2, 2012
    Just when i thought the series could not possibly get any worse, i would resell this game to get some of my money back but i refuse to let someone else waste their money on this garbage
  35. Oct 2, 2012
    Absolutely **** game developed by untalanted company. This is like MW with 3rd person. Very bad graphics, no physics, the plot is simple like a children coloring book. Ansha Abdul.
  36. Oct 2, 2012
    After 2 Hours of playing i can finally say i am finished with resident evil and from now on im going to boycott capcoms games. Just the thought of another capcom game makes me utterly sick.
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    Totally disgusting. Shallow and unimaginitive gameplay, no backstory in this so called ten year gap, little to no innovation and incredibly frustrating game mechanics. Storylines are bland and dull and the whole game was BORING! Trading it in, congratulations on killing the king of survival stone dead! Forgetting the series heritage as the kind of horror, you turn the franchise into aTotally disgusting. Shallow and unimaginitive gameplay, no backstory in this so called ten year gap, little to no innovation and incredibly frustrating game mechanics. Storylines are bland and dull and the whole game was BORING! Trading it in, congratulations on killing the king of survival stone dead! Forgetting the series heritage as the kind of horror, you turn the franchise into a bland action flick, reminiscent of films that shove explosions in for the fun of it and create nothing but a bad taste in your mouth. You might as well spit on the grave of the horror games, I hope they rise from their grave and develop future games, they'll be a damn site better than what you've done. Absolutely furious. Expand
  38. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't like this game, so it's worth 0, cuz you know, games are like are always 10. Derpederp, this game is **** I really don't like changes made to gameplay, but if they didn't change anything I would've given it a 0 still. I'm like every elitist qqer out there! GEARS OF EVULLLL FTW!
  39. Oct 3, 2012
    You walk with the arrows and you shoot. No thinking, no ammo economy, no weapon upgrades, no puzzles. No Resident. Capcom failed. I hope RE7 is going back to RE4 gameplay.
  40. Oct 3, 2012
    Shame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. TheShame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. The gameplay is a mess, the camera is terrible, the objectives are redundant, the combat/gameplay in general is unbelievably bland and joyless and lacks any tension or atmosphere. The return of zombies that the developers keep boasting is haphazard at best - these "zombies" are not at all the way we remember - they're clumsy, die easy and they're just not scary at all. It's almost as if they were making an entirely different game and thought "hey, this game we're making isn't turning out so well - let's put some zombies in it and call it Resident Evil 6!" It makes me sick that Capcom would blatantly sell out the series and it's fans like this, and Hiroyuki Kobayashi said it himself that ditching R.E's iconic dark gameplay and survival horror roots was all about $$$$ diamonds & ferrari's and so forth. Excuse me while I'm sick... Expand
  41. Oct 4, 2012
    This game is Operation Raccoon City all over again. I have the feeling both games were generally "completed" around the same time but simply not released around the same time to avoid confusion and/or competition. I even feel like they re-cycled some of the same ideas and even animations (e.g. losing your footing, being knocked down and unable to get back up.) You have to constantly fightThis game is Operation Raccoon City all over again. I have the feeling both games were generally "completed" around the same time but simply not released around the same time to avoid confusion and/or competition. I even feel like they re-cycled some of the same ideas and even animations (e.g. losing your footing, being knocked down and unable to get back up.) You have to constantly fight for ammo in a game where you're in a firefight. I understand the idea of conservation leading to tension, but this just gets frustrating. the devs ignored ORC's greatest idea: ammo boxes. You just click on it and refill and go. Instead I'm constantly chasing and smashing crates to unveil ammo (if you're lucky) running around hopeless. Like ORC, the camera and camera angles are awful. The game teases you with control then snatches it from your grasp during the heat of battle, only to result in your random, untimely death. The cut scenes and quick time evens are numerous and hurt the pace of the game. To constantly die because out of no where a QTE occurs, then having to replay the area is tedious. Beyond that, the death scenes are drawn out and can't even be skipped. Oh yeah, and you can't pause the game - ever. The skills are an interesting idea executed poorly. It takes forever to switch them up and should be hot keyed so you can change them up on the fly.
    The only worthwhile thing to play for, unlimited ammo, can only be unlocked by accumulating enough skill points AND completing all four campaigns. That's right - 4. You have to beat the single player Ada campaign as well. It's excruciatingly painful and mostly not worth it.
    Although the story intersections and agent hunt are interesting ideas, they are executed poorly and unrefined. The worst part about the story intersections are that it's a rehashed boss fight. Fun the first time around, it's rarely worth waiting the extra minute for.
    As for agent hunt - it seems like it's only designed for certain areas, meaning you'll replay the same maps over and over again. Some of the monsters are cool, but most are weak and execute attacks slowly & poorly. They should have instead allowed you to just join someones game - following them on their journey and making it more difficult, chapter by chapter. Instead you have to find a new game once that area is complete. Speaking of screens there are a million of them in this game. At least 10 before you even start playing. More tediousness as you have to constantly go back a screen because you were unable to connect to a game.
    Most people would say this game is for the mercenaries now anyway - and sadly they are right. Available from the outset, I feel like they expected people to jump into mercenaries FIRST racking up skill points to purchase skills for campaign. That's a fail and also a cop out. What made the early games great was earning the achievements, by either beating the game in under so many hours, etc. Besides that the mercenaries is weak and can't save this pile of stink. You get very few maps, unless you get the sacred ones from your pre-order. The first map is even very small and confined. The unlockable characters are unimaginative, and the costumes suck (I'm not a fan of costumes anyway. I think it's a cheap unlockable.)
    To release this game in such a state is a slap in the face as a consumer, gamer and a fan. It's unfinished to me like RE:ORC was unfinished. It had so much potential, only to be wasted. This one's a hard dog to keep under the porch. Buyer beware.
    Un-effin'-believable.
  42. Feb 12, 2013
    Yes, this is just like Raccoon City all over again: stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, tedious. Except for the parts where it's like Call of Duty, which are equally stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, and tedious, but with more NPC soldiers milling about. Resident Evil 6 is thoroughly oblivious to so many of the things that make a good game these days
  43. Oct 6, 2012
    That's the worst game i ever played. The game makes no sense, and completely escape the terror plot. zombies with machine guns? I feel sorry for those who bought this game. Capcom, i expected more from you.
  44. Oct 5, 2012
    Like the movies, Capcom decided that money is more important than fan satisfaction. They strayed out of the original story line, puzzle solving, horror and ammo/herb management. All that is what made the old RE game unique, a gem at it's own right. RE4 was alright but you can tell this is where it all stated to go down. I played the new RE6 game yesterday, sorry to say but it was awful. ItLike the movies, Capcom decided that money is more important than fan satisfaction. They strayed out of the original story line, puzzle solving, horror and ammo/herb management. All that is what made the old RE game unique, a gem at it's own right. RE4 was alright but you can tell this is where it all stated to go down. I played the new RE6 game yesterday, sorry to say but it was awful. It didn't feel like i'm playing an RE game. It felt like I was playing Gears of war, Need for speed, and Tom Clancy's Hawx. A horrible version of those games too ( if you played Chris's story line you'll know what I mean ). Resident evil became a C grade game if not worse, just because the graphics is good it doesn't mean that the game is good too. The gameplay was bad, the story line was poorly written and not a lot of thought was put into it. It felt like they were in a hurry to get it done. Expand
  45. Oct 5, 2012
    I hate Resident Evil 6 it plays just like Dead Space 2 and Gears of War 3. Halo and Call of Duty and Gears ruin games forever and EA made video company more greedier it just blows my mind
  46. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should haveHorrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should have avoided it after watching the Clueless Gamer by Conan. I guess I like wasting money. I have no way of proving this but I think this game gave me cancer. Expand
  47. Oct 6, 2012
    Welp, what Can I say....

I seriously don't know what they were thinking when they made this. They took everything that made Resident Evil what it is, threw it trough the window and replaced it with 3rd person shooter features. I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only
    Welp, what Can I say....

I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only hearing your footsteps resonating in the castle main hall? Rings any bell capcom? All I can see is fire and explosions here. what is this? I dont even... Whaa..?!

I am simply wordless, I cannot stress you enough how horrible they screwed it. Every mistake they could have made when making this game, they made it. You move fast as **** you can aim and walk at the same time, you can sprint, you have a cross air replacing your laser pointer, health recovers over time, the game is linear to a ridiculous point (AKA puzzles are dumb and nearly non existent)
    melee attacks... Oh god... Why do you even use guns... The knife is useless as it can be, unlike RE4 where it was your ammo saver. ( Shoot the head, kick, stab, get item or not, we all know the drill)

Which makes me think, whatever happened to Ashley? I was kind of hoping she would have been Leon's side kick but instead we got Ms.WhatsHerFace which no one ever heard about nor cared about.

I didn't even bothered going through the whole game, it simply disgusted me how they defaced RE.

So to sum it up, if you expect a survival horror by buying this game, I suggest you get Half-life with Cry of Fear installed instead, its cheaper and much more fun.

If you're dumb and light-headed, have at it.
  48. Oct 10, 2012
    At first I thought that it was just bad design choices, but it is far worse than just bad design choices. This game is so bad I cannot believe it.at all. If you are at all curious, then rent it, play Leon's campaign and then return it because it doesn't get any better after Leon's campaign.
  49. Oct 11, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It's a game without spirit itself, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But most are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a real Resident Evil.
  50. Oct 12, 2012
    IN SPANISH: Es una mierda de videojuego con todas las letras. IN ENGLISH: videogame sucks with all letters
    IN SPANISH: No tiene nombre lo que le hizo Capcom a esta saga. Siendo los primeros BIOHAZARD una auténtica maravilla y estos últimos la mierda más grande jamás vista. IN ENGLISH: No name what Capcom did this saga. Being the first BIOHAZARD a marvel and the latter the biggest **** ever.
  51. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  52. Oct 12, 2012
    True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL:True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL: Los verdaderos fans de esta saga son los que critican duramente esta nueva entrega y nó los que la defienden. Y la explicación es bien sencilla, esta nueva entrega no puede considerarse un "Biohazard", porque sencillamente carece de las bases para poder serlo. Biohazard se caracterizaba por ser un título de terror, un título de supervivencia. Es decir, un Survival Horror y no un mal shooter con un pésimo control. Expand
  53. Oct 13, 2012
    Nice try capcom. See you in Resident of Duty 7...Call of Evil 7...Resident Evil 7...I GOT IT!
    Maybe Wikipedia help´s you guy´s out:
    Maybe Wikipedia help´s you guy´s out:

"Survival horror is a subgenre of action-adventure video games inspired by horror fiction. Although combat can be a part of the gameplay, the player is made to feel less powerful than in typical action games, because of limited ammunition, health, speed, or other limitations. The player is also challenged to find items that unlock the path to new areas, and solve puzzles at certain locations. Games make use of strong horror themes, and the player is often challenged to navigate dark maze-like environments, and react to unexpected attacks from enemies."
  54. Oct 13, 2012
    Developers Killed the game with aim while moving
    AND GRAPHIC ON PS3 IS AS ALWAYS DARK and looks like CRAP
    Its worste capcom work EVER i wery dissapointed!!!!!!!
  55. Oct 13, 2012
    IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION: Capcom, for you to understand. Resident Evil 6 is a video game that except for the characters has nothing to do with the first titles? Well, I do not buy it. Is it a game that usurps the identity of Resident Evil? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is not a survival horrror? I do not buy it. Is it a bad shooter with a bad control and coverages? I do notIN ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION: Capcom, for you to understand. Resident Evil 6 is a video game that except for the characters has nothing to do with the first titles? Well, I do not buy it. Is it a game that usurps the identity of Resident Evil? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is not a survival horrror? I do not buy it. Is it a bad shooter with a bad control and coverages? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is primarily intended to make money and not to please the true fans of this saga?. I DO NOT BUY IT. Is delivery no identity which tries to imitate (with bad results) to games like COD or Geow?.. I .... D O .... N O T .... B U Y .... IT ..........................................................................TRADUCCIÓN AL ESPAÑOL: Capcom, para que lo entiendas. ¿Resident Evil 6 es un videojuego que a excepción de los personajes nada tiene que ver con los primeros títulos? Pués no lo compro. ¿Es un videojuego que usurpa la identidad de Resident Evil? no lo compro. ¿Resident Evil 6 nó es un survival horrror? no lo compro. ¿Es un shooter con un pésimo control y malas coverturas? no lo compro. ¿Resident evil 6 está pensado principalmente para ganar dinero y nó para complacer a los verdaderos Fans de esta saga?. NO LO COMPRO. ¿Es una entrega carente de identidad la cual intenta imitar (con pésimo resultado) a videojuegos como COD ó GeOW?.. N O .... L O .... C O M P R O Expand
  56. Oct 13, 2012
    I knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented butI knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented but they don't give you action ammo. You will run out of ammo a lot. Also the camera is extremely annoying at times. Just do yourself a favor and forget this game and franchise. I'm so glad I rented it... and even then I still want my money back. Go out and buy Dishonored instead. NOW that's a fun game. Expand
  57. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  58. Oct 15, 2012
    First comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THISFirst comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THIS SERIES SINCE ITS INCEPTION. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Focusing on this latest installment (Resident Evil 6), besides denying the genre that gave it life, can not even be considered a good game in its genre now (shooter). Where we have gameplay that is pitiful and a camera that lets you sold on more than one occasion, these aspects were forgivable at the time of the first chapters and more so considering the genre. But they can not forgive in current times less in the case of a genus (shooter) in which it is essential to good control and a camera chord. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Other negatives of note would be ... that there is little exploration, the few puzzles that give no shame, the atmosphere does not compare to that of the first titles and nowhere near the argument seems a bad joke with many inconsistencies.The only good thing to note would be the length, but of little use if the content offered is bad and boring. All this would leave us empty and soulless game. Collapse Expand
  59. Oct 15, 2012
    RE6 is lousy as Survival Horror, is disastrous as shooter. And as a game is not worth a penny. Future installments will not buy unless they have the quality of the first and return to Survival Horror.
  60. Oct 16, 2012
    Everyone is writing reviews of how the game failed and lost its horror aspect. If you really want this to change you are going to have to stop purchasing their games. If you want big changes hit their pockets. If a game sells mass units they are going to milk that system until it can't produce nice profits. This is like people giving WoW mysts of panderia or whatever its called anEveryone is writing reviews of how the game failed and lost its horror aspect. If you really want this to change you are going to have to stop purchasing their games. If you want big changes hit their pockets. If a game sells mass units they are going to milk that system until it can't produce nice profits. This is like people giving WoW mysts of panderia or whatever its called an average score of 4.4... what the hell does blizzard care? They have 11 million people online. These companies are getting away with releasing **** games these days cause people are dumb enough to buy anything that is hyped. How about forcing change by forcing their pockets to thin out. Don't buy another resident evil until Capcom personally states "we have addressed the issues fans are having with our game and have gone back to our roots." You look at all these game titles that have been released lately, its 95% **** Let's change that. Expand
  61. Oct 31, 2012
    Worst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There areWorst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There are keys to doors to go search for, but there are no keyholes to put the key in. Everything is just a mess with all the action. its just to much. Expand
  62. Oct 31, 2012
    Stupidest game ever Capcom mad orac and now re6. Both complete fails! I liked re4 but it got worse from there, now u can't even buy new guns!!!! I hope they dont make another one cause I'm not getting it. Total wast of my money and weekend. There now just rushing more re out to get money and they are getting worse! Take my advice, don't even rent!!!!!!!!!
  63. May 28, 2013
    Simply worst games of RE.Conami is a bunch sinful maslatays that care only about money.They will burn in Abdulovhell for ruining RE series.
    Story is driwel,gameplay is horrible and coop-oriented,graphics is washed and tasteless
  64. Nov 3, 2012
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10) Is the story any good? connected to the series? The game itself did a really bad result by pumping tons of action in the beggining. I couldn't stand that and started to press
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10)

Is the story any good? connected to the series?
    I couldn't stand that and started to press select in every other video. You lost me there

(0/10) I do not care if the game has lost its horror. If u copied the control from RE5 had the game had probably received more positive criticism. One may as well not grasp everything that happens on the screen while pulling the angle 360 degrees to the left or right. It feels like you tried to do too much and missed all the little details that make a game great. In Leon's campaign there are doors you will find a key to but there is no key hole. Since the characters are too close to the screen it gets very frustrating to play. However, The game has lost the its horror but its probably not the biggest reason why the game got so low rating. The controls are the worst in the decade for a company like Capcom who should focus on making games for console.
  65. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. IWell I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  66. Nov 18, 2012
    Made by zombies for zombies

p.s. if you have a brains you will not play it
  67. Nov 19, 2012
    I've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign isI've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign is scary, it doesn't even compare to the originals. I can tell you from experience the only people actually giving this game a positive review are the ones who HAVEN'T even tried the original games. Once you guys try the REmake, then play this. This is disappointing. After about an hour into the second campaign I literally was so disgusted I turned the game off and haven't touched it since. I probably won't even beat the game. Capcom ruined one of my favorite franchises with this. Till they go back to the roots, I'm done with RE. Expand
  68. Mar 22, 2013
    Just simply horrible game. There's long time I haven't felt so disgusted with a game. I am in love with the series, RE4 and RE5 had a pass, they still had those small scary moments (Specially the Regenerators in RE4) but now... it's a GENERIC action game.... For this I play other kind of games. And the story isn't good enough. It's sad to see how big franchises always get destroyed byJust simply horrible game. There's long time I haven't felt so disgusted with a game. I am in love with the series, RE4 and RE5 had a pass, they still had those small scary moments (Specially the Regenerators in RE4) but now... it's a GENERIC action game.... For this I play other kind of games. And the story isn't good enough. It's sad to see how big franchises always get destroyed by their sequels. I'm sorry Capcom, you shouldn't not destroy Resident Evil Series..... Expand
  69. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the cancer of this generation. WHERE DO I BEGIN?? I am blantently pissed at the fact that I cannot enjoy this game whatsoever. The gameplay makes no sense, the button tapping was too enforced. The characters we once know and loved are thrown into a mess of piss poor writing and sequence events. the only good thing to look farward to were the unlimited ammo unlocks so I could chug endless amounts of bullets for hours at what seem like rehashed obligatory creatures. AGENT HUNT MODE, why does this get me so pissed off???? why did I beat the game just to get rewarded with a mode that blatantly slaps me right in the face? choose a level and you are thrown into a random level where you become a miniscule creature whos goal is to kill survivors. but they aren't the survivors, no! the other players are overpowered, blowing you down with unlimited grenade launchers, AK-47, grenades, mines, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect. There is virtually no fun in agent hunt. I heard you were able to used a pea shooter but I never found the level. the only thing they did right (maybe) was the mercenaries. but no, no that does not raise my score, not even but a significant amount. the makers of RE6 knew they up, they are working on a new game THAT IS NOT LISCENCED BY Thank you game, get the out of my life. Expand
  70. May 28, 2013
    I loved this game! The mix of action, adventure, and mystery was so well thought-out! I've beaten the game and gone back for more at the harder levels (which I rarely do!) I'd recommend this game to anyone looking for a perfect mix of gameplay! And the move and shoot aspect, Wahoo!!!
  71. Sep 6, 2013
    The worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your inThe worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your in video sequences). The fact anyone gave it a ten means the world of gaming has died, RIP world of gaming, its been fun. PS. i played the Ada campaign. couldn't bear to try the others... its so bad. Expand
  72. Jul 11, 2013
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play. I still count the original resident evils as some of my favourite games ever, I even enjoyed resi 5. I'd read the mostly damning reviews of this game but thought I'd give it a go for the love. The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring. There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play.

The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring.

There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section for ages, each shoot out takes ages, everything about this game is looooong.

Where as the pre resi 4 games could be completed in a couple of hours, the campaigns in this game take about 8, and there's four of them.

You definitely get a lot for your money but unfortunately most of it is crap.

Add to that dodgy controls and frustrating cheap deaths.

There have been other games with similar dodgy controls and overuse of cutscenes, eg max Payne 3, but at least that had a cool story/script. Resi 6 is just overlong and convoluted.

On top of all this game is not scary either, it's just kind of annoying.

I did not enjoy playing it at all which is genuinely heartbreaking considering my love for the old games.

If you consider yourself a resi fan don't bother with this, the franchise died a long time ago.
  73. Sep 19, 2013
    Une immondicité video ludique. Je n'éprouve même pas l’envie de me justifier je pence que tout a été dit dans ses autre commentaire. 0/10 sens aucun hésitation.
  74. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  75. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  76. Aug 7, 2014
    HELLOY HELLOY THIS IS ADEPT.
    This game worst ever, best game for maslyat. Dont play it. Sonyblyadi huynu nakoldovali.
    CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.