• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 4, 2008
6.0

1. Feb 26, 2012
    This game simply was an overt let down and the series should have ended with this game. Terrible. The entire game felt scripted, and it was literally the same thing over and over. The variety and capacity of weapons found in the first game is nonexistent. The story is dull and boring. Possible one of the worst games I have ever played. Boring. This game should have gone back to the drawing board.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    Another Call of duty clone of what could've been the best sequel of any shooter until now. The developers literally butchered everything that they've created since the first game, no more investigating levels to get those beautiful archives that were actually interesting and would tell you about the story of the game, no more diary having an history of every weapon and every type of chimera that there was before, no more carry an arsenal in your backpack, no more characters from the first game, and i mean there's no one they even remove the narrator, but the worst part is that the first game characters are replaced by dull boring uninteresting characters that you not know a single thing about them.
    Then you have the regenerating health (straight from cod), you also have the two gun limitation (again straight from cod) and after that even the melee animations are exactly the same ones from cod.
    The only reason why i'm giving this game a four and not a lower score is because the multiplayer is barely decent which sadly i need to count if not i would probably give this game a score of two.
    Is sad and demeaning how Insomniac just released this game only to sell, im telling you the call of duty similarities are frighting.
    In conclusion Resistance 2 is by far the most disappointing sequel that i've ever played until now,(and i've played mw3), dull characters, awful team ai, not even mentioning the fact that you're constantly are going to be asking yourself. Why the chimera is here again? just leaves me with a putrid disgusting feel towards Insomniac games and just the big scum liar sellout that they've become after making such an amazing game like resistance fall of man was.
  3. Sep 13, 2010
    Resistance 2 was mediocre at best. With a horrible story and terrible gameplay, i don't understand the hype over it.
    The only semi-good part of this game was that the multiplayer coop took a LITTLE bit of skill.. then again this was on the hardest difficulty. Overall, not a game which money should be spent on.
  4. Oct 15, 2010
    The game is a first person shooter, it is bloody at some parts of the game. you are Nathan Hale from Resistance 1: fall of man, most people consider this game to be a lot like Halo me personally I think it is. But there is a lot difference the graphics are outstanding for this sort of game, how good the detail of every creature, machinery and scenery is amazing. Plus to top it off the sound effects from the nearest bullet to the loudest roar or scream, in the game goes really well with it all. the story mode has loads of interesting missions it literally puts you in the game, it has you on the edge of seat and the game if you are playing it on your own with no one else around it has the ability, to make you jump. lots of unexpected things are going to happen so be prepared if you have never played this game before.
    compared to Resistance 1 the chimera (aliens) have changed it is the old kind now in these one are harder to kill and have a lot more accuracy unless you know how to dodge most of there bullets, they have all new monsters that a hard to defeat (depends on the difficulty setting) but there is a a weakness that they all have. Also you have a chance to wield new guns and the all new lark (rocket launcher).

now the multi-player is excellent I could play it straight with a cup of coffee next to me and just keep playing. It will take you a lot to get board of this game if you like the first one and if you are into this sort of game your going to love it. it offers you co-operative on-line/off-line game play which is some story missions but changed around a bit, you can do straight forward battling with other players on-line, and there are many more awaiting you.

the game as far as I think is amazing I cant see no problems with it, but there are a lot off changes compared to resistance fall of man like guns and now you can zoom which is a good thing because it comes handy, trust me I know and others who have played this game will agree, some people moan that you can only carry two weapons, in resistance 1 you could carry more than 4 guns. which I don't moan about because they have tried to make this as real as possible, and I guarantee that you could not carry more than 4 guns, and run around like he does. The games is truly amazing just remember to be aware and prepared. TIP: always reload your weapon after you have finished killing.
  5. Apr 14, 2011
    I just couldn't get into this trash, I found it was boring, too linear for my liking. Although I find it trash others may like it. even if I do not understand why. Just like the Kill Zone series, I find these games a big flop.
  6. Jul 7, 2012
    I enjoyed Resistance 1 and 3 but this game is just bad. They some how screwed up coop campaign, the online multi player is disappointing, the appearance is ugly and jarring and random **** is shiny all over the place, and just oh god its bad, really really bad. Stick to resistance 1 and 3 pretend this game doesn't exist. Also don't play the portable titles.
  7. Dec 9, 2012
    Lets start by saying I am new to the PS3 having had an XBOX 360 for a few years now,but I decided to get a Playstation and bought Resistance 2 together with Fall of man,I really loved the first game,but this is a stinker.

What went wrong everything about Resistance 1 that was good,the controls,the story the game-play were thrown out of the window for this sequel what were the developers
    thinking,where they drunk all the time through development or were they playing a joke on gamers,whatever it was they really messed this game up it's as if a whole new team worked on it without any or little knowledge of what came before.

I can't think of anything but the rumble feature that this game has that's an improvement over the first,this game is all trial and error and it gets really tedious when you die over and over and over and over again and each time have to start again from the beginning of the level, you often die because enemies just spawn out of nowhere when you least expect you also get confused as to what to do and where to go you often get swarmed with masses of creatures who bizarrely only target you and not your teams mates and you often run out of ammo a lot as you are restricted to two guns,they also changed the controls around as well which annoys the hell out of me,but I finished this game because I bought it,but had I known how bad and inferior it would be compared to the first game I wouldn't have bought it,this game isn't worth buying at all,rent it instead,but even then you'd feel ripped off.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is utter trash and incredibly overrated. It took queues from the COD franchise but executed them in an extremely awkward manner, resulting in a overall awkward and unpleasant experience. You move extremely slow, as if your ability to run present in the first game, somehow vanished, and got instead replaced by an annoying sprint option. Hale also lost his ability to aim also present in the first game, now if you want to kill any enemy, you will have to press the aim button, because that would be more fun they thought? The graphics are also a complete mess, one minute you're looking at decent looking and interesting environments, the next, you're looking at low res textures and ugly characters.
    Extremely disappointed in this considering Resistance 1 wasn't the best FPS ever but it was at least enjoyable, this is utter trash.
  9. Sep 7, 2013
    I just could not stand this game. Terrible facts include it doesn't mention what happens to Britain and Western Europe after the events of the first game, story telling isn't enough, doesn't explain enough about other things and says nothing about what happened to the rest of the world, the graphics are dull and poor, even for the time since I had this feeling while I was playing it after it came out, I don't like the way this game is and speaking of the gameplay, 2 weapon limit is one of the reasons I find this game so dull and boring. As for the multiplayer, 60 player battles is awesome but I never had Internet when I played this game 5 years ago but with the unnecessary 2 weapon limit change, I wouldn't of played anyway. I thought Insomniac were trying to keep Resistance from being like typical shooters. But there are other things I hate about this game as well, the single player is plain boring, I stopped playing it when I was partway through and never came back. Expand

The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience.
  2. It succeeds because it doesn’t just try to throw more humans into the same old environments and gameplay. It offers a smart three class system that encourages savvy team-work, an experience meter that builds to enable special attacks and uses levels designed specifically for the mode to maximise the resulting gameplay. It also dynamically shifts the action to take into account the number and skill of players in each game, making for near endless replayability. It’s a hit, pure and simple.
    Resistance 2 is gutsier, it’s gorier, and it’s much, much bigger.