Resistance 2 PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Nov 4, 2008
6.1

1. solf
    Jan 20, 2010
    decent story ok but carectors not so good .onlne ok but the co ops realygood except for one thing that its only 2 player offline which sucks because you need at least three players for a compleat team of a metic for healing asoldier for suppresing fier and shielding and a special opps for ammo
  2. RodgeM.
    Jan 29, 2010
    I love this game. The RPG part where you gain XP, level up and get improved abilities, weapons and armor adds to the game play. The campaign is fun, not least after a few runs so you know the maps and enemies. I've enjoyed every mode in the campaign several times, incl. superhuman. The co op is also fun, given the rest of the group know their jobs. The competitive is very fast paced I love this game. The RPG part where you gain XP, level up and get improved abilities, weapons and armor adds to the game play. The campaign is fun, not least after a few runs so you know the maps and enemies. I've enjoyed every mode in the campaign several times, incl. superhuman. The co op is also fun, given the rest of the group know their jobs. The competitive is very fast paced and "chaotic" but seems to offer a lot of fun. Haven't played much there yet. Collecting trophies adds lot of fun imho. I've met quite a few female players in the game, and the comp. mode offers female avatars/characters, but not the co op. Wish the co op would have more characters also, incl, female characters. Bottom line: R2 offers a lot of fun with hours and hours of FPS action, and you can meet some pretty nice people in co op. And, they sell for $30 used now. That's a LOT of fun for $30! Expand
  3. GeorgeM
    Nov 5, 2008
    Fans of Resistance can rejoice, the Playstatoin 3s "bigger, better, more badass" game has arrived. Resistance 2 does everything a sequel SHOULD do, give us more more more and all the time improving everything over the original. Resistance 1 was never meant to be a "groundbreaking" first person shooter, it was more than anything a balanced FPS with what would seem to be a focus on "COOL" Fans of Resistance can rejoice, the Playstatoin 3s "bigger, better, more badass" game has arrived. Resistance 2 does everything a sequel SHOULD do, give us more more more and all the time improving everything over the original. Resistance 1 was never meant to be a "groundbreaking" first person shooter, it was more than anything a balanced FPS with what would seem to be a focus on "COOL" when it comes to weapons and locales. Graphically Resistance 2 IS a definite upgrade, its just a bit inconsistent at times. Some levels look incredible sporting highly detailed textures and a scale and scope that dwarfs most shooters, there are some truly massive levels in this game and there is always alot going on in the background and foreground, at times however....textures can look blurry and out of focus and seeing these mixed with the "good" textures creates that inconsistency i was referring to, but its not a big deal and is only a minor issue....chances are you may not even notice. Gameplay is fairly straight forward, its basically a larger, prettier Resistance 1....which is fine because Resistance 1 was good fun, straight run-and-gun with switch hitting. Where the gameplay really shines is the single player AND co-op campaigns....both are different so you WILL have alot to keep you busy....and did i mention co-op is 8 players???...thats the cherry on top, sharing the battle with 7 others is VERY satisfying and i hope a great and many FPSs will follow in these footsteps in terms of "more than 2 players" for co-op and with multiplayer topping out at 60 players....prepare for WAR. Overall, Resistance 2 is a MUST for Playstation 3 owners and fans of shooters in general, it embodies just about everything that made Halo 3 a hit.....its just nicer looking and the enemies aren't as....CUTE. in a crowded season for games.....this one easily deserves your $60. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Expand
  4. TimT
    Nov 8, 2008
    Producers of the Resistance franchise had done their homework. Controls were less confusing, graphics were more dynamic, and the environment was much, much bigger. This game is worth $60 since it has 60 player online and 8 player co-op. Just one suggestion. The game would be better with a narrator tying the story together like in Resistance 1.
  5. Youcef
    Nov 9, 2008
    It's a great game, I really like the new weapons. I like how there is cooperative online with 8 players, I also played the 60 player games with no lag. The campaign seems to be pretty sweet as well but just does seem to be *amazing* because I like more realistic games such as COD4 but it's still worth getting and playing.
  6. ReeceA
    Dec 1, 2008
    I just completed the single player and i will say that i really enjoyed it. The story isnt perfect and Nathan Hale isnt the most likeable hero but i had alot of fun playing it. Its not reinventing anything here its a solid enjoyable FPS story and in the end thats only 1/3 of the whole Resistance 2 experience. Alot of people are mentioning the graphics but the game is solid it never ever I just completed the single player and i will say that i really enjoyed it. The story isnt perfect and Nathan Hale isnt the most likeable hero but i had alot of fun playing it. Its not reinventing anything here its a solid enjoyable FPS story and in the end thats only 1/3 of the whole Resistance 2 experience. Alot of people are mentioning the graphics but the game is solid it never ever jumped or skipped no matter how many guys were on the screen. Also iv never witnessed so many enemys running at me in a game it got pretty intense and the whole time it ran super smooth. Co-op and competative complements the game perfectly. With the 8 online co-op (it also supports splitscreen even online! which is a big plus for me) its the most fun i have had in a long time. With 3 classes to choose from in the Co-op (Soldier, Medic, Spec ops) you can always mix it up even during a game inbetween spawning. Also each class has a level system so the more you use one the more EXP you get and level up, which earns you new weapons and weapon upgrades. Its even fun just playing the same co-op level cause the objectives are random and ever changed so it never the same experience twice. It did take me a while to get use to it because the enemys are relentless and you need a medic cause there is no other way to gain health. Competative is a whole other beast 60 player online things can get unbelivably hectic. It also has EXP where you can level your character to unlock new equipment and beserks (they can act like a buff "reduce damage for set time" or send out a handfull of electric orbs that damage the oppisition) It puts you in teams of 5 and if your playing Skermish your squad gets given orders that consitantly mix up the gameplay. There is stanadard DM modes where everyone just runs wild but i really like the Skermish it keeps you on ur toes. To sum up overall i would say it really deserves a 8-9, The singleplayer on its on is worth about a 7 but when the awesome c0-op and competative is taken into account it is worth a 8-9. Expand
  7. DonaldAde
    Oct 25, 2008
    Playing the beta I think I have more insight then most. Resistance Fall of Man 2 (R2) is a follow up to the highly rated PS3 launch title "Resistance Fall of Man"(RFoM). Picking up immediately after its predecessor, you are the narrator and protagonist "Nathan Hale" and the battle with the invading Chimeran army has shifted from Europe to the home states. In the R2 beta, the main overhaulPlaying the beta I think I have more insight then most. Resistance Fall of Man 2 (R2) is a follow up to the highly rated PS3 launch title "Resistance Fall of Man"(RFoM). Picking up immediately after its predecessor, you are the narrator and protagonist "Nathan Hale" and the battle with the invading Chimeran army has shifted from Europe to the home states. In the R2 beta, the main overhaul of the RFoM multiplayer is the map design, 30v30 competitive mode (up from 20v20) and the all new 8 player cooperative mode. Competitive mode sports 4 modes:
    Deathmatch
    Team Deathmatch
    Core control
    and Skirmish

Of the 4 modes Skirmish is my favorite since it its a combination of modes with mini goals set throughout the match.

Co-op mode is a combination of MMORPG and FPS. Team play is a must. If everyone plays like an individual, the match would be over extremely quick.
    If the single player mode is half as good as the multiplayer mode R2 is an absolute must have.
  8. DavidRushing
    Oct 28, 2008
    This is the best game I've ever played. Actually, I've only played the beta unlike all the Xbox 360 children on here who insist on trying to bring down the scores of PS3 exclusives (before they even come out). So you should take my review with a grain of salt much like every other review on here because the game HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET.
  9. AndreaDeV
    Oct 26, 2009
    Simply fantastic stor. Amazing multiplyaer. Very good graphics. Make this game a must have 4 all ps3 owners.
  10. DanteMignolet
    Feb 17, 2009
    How is it possible that this game only get a 5.6 user rating average? It's one of the best games on the PS3!! When i play it, it always feels a bit like i'm serving the army itself. Probably only people who didn't bought the game itself voted because they thougt it would be funny. Shame yourself!
  11. Zooeyb
    Jan 23, 2010
    Overall it's a nice package, but the single player does drag on a little to much, and the ending is confusing. But the multiplayer is where the game is at, and the graphicsfor the single player were really good. Get it if you like shooting shit up !!!
  12. MichaelS.
    Nov 10, 2008
    Resistence: Fall of Man had it's problems, but Resistence 2 delivers on all fronts, whether it be epic scope, intense fire fights, gore, insane boss battles and engaging multiplayer (60 players). This is one of this generations finest FPS packages. Not to be missed.
  13. VittorioR.
    Nov 5, 2008
    First Resistance was top notch action game, when the first teaser came out I was in doubt that Insomniac would be able to replicate that in game.... boy was I wrong. The visuals are stunning, game play is perfectly paced. 60 Player online, and 8 player co-op make this game worth your $60.
  14. WilliamC
    Nov 5, 2008
    Who the heck is Variety and where is there official score? Oh they don't have one so Metacritic just makes one up. If a review doesn't put a score I think that says enough to not post them as a source.
    R2 is awesome and metacritic officially now blows!!!
  15. leatherface
    Nov 7, 2008
    what's not to like. 60 player online, eight player alternate story co-op and an awesome blockbuster single player story. don't listen to these guys that rate it low, they like bigger budget remakes of the first game, like 1.5 instead of a true sequel. please enjoy this game and i will see you online. happy hunting.
  16. Dec 12, 2010
    I don't understand what all the hate's for. I had a great time with this game. A HUGE improvement over the 1st one. Single player is great and the co op mode is alot of fun when you have a team that's working together well. Competitive online mode isn't the best out their but still managed to suck countless hours of play time from me.
  17. Sep 27, 2011
    pretty good game. very good multiplayer!
  18. Dec 19, 2010
    I recently decided to play through this after completing RFoM again, and I cannot understand the hate it is getting. Many complain about how the atmosphere has been "ruined" without the narrator and that some colour has been injected into the game. Personally, RFoM was too bleak in parts and it is not like R2 is trying to impersonate LittleBigPlanet with some of the lighting and colouringI recently decided to play through this after completing RFoM again, and I cannot understand the hate it is getting. Many complain about how the atmosphere has been "ruined" without the narrator and that some colour has been injected into the game. Personally, RFoM was too bleak in parts and it is not like R2 is trying to impersonate LittleBigPlanet with some of the lighting and colouring in it. Insomniac have added depth to the visual field - parts are still bleak but others now feel livelier, and it suits the game. (Not to mention the graphics are MUCH improved, -aside from the odd poor texture on trees and fires-anyone who argues the graphics in RFoM are better seriously needs their head examined) The narrator of the first game was used as it was recounting the story, in R2 it is not from a future perspective - and for me this works better for the events in the campaign, you should not criticize the game for something which makes such little difference and something the developers obviously thought suited one game and not the other. On the campaign, I believe the story is highly captivating, even if Hale is not the most charismatic lead. The enormous plot twists and some of the intricacies of the plot could have been better explained, but reading the intel that is scattered throughout the game certainly helps fill in most of the gaps. The sci-fi story of the Resistance series has me gripped, and I for one find it more interesting than the Michael Bay-inspired COD series. As for gameplay, while there may not be anything in the way of innovation, the experience is still highly enjoyable. Chimera are a tad easier to kill than in the previous instalment (to anyone who complains of being killed constantly; there is an "Easy" setting) and yes, the levels may be linear, but what good FPS can truly claim to be non-linear? For a developer such as Insomniac which prides itself on its story-telling, a degree of linearity has to be enforced. Those who complain about the industry standard health regen system being used in this are fools. If anything, that system is more suited to this franchise than ANY other game on the market, due to Hale's natural ability to heal himself. The health regen system is out of place in COD, yet no one complains? The controls in this game are much more intuitive than the original, R3 to aim down the sights was horrendously awkward and has been replaced by the much more comfortable L1, secondary fire has sensibly been moved to R2 and the addition of a sprint function (L2) was also welcome. A few gripes: as many have mentioned, boss battles, while spectacular, are rather formulaic, and the removal of the weapon wheel took out some of the strategy from the first game which I enjoyed so much. The single player experience is a lot better than some make it out to be, and requires a certain level of commitment and contextual understanding to enjoy, I feel. The lack of campaign co-op was obviously a big blow but that impact was lessened by the slew of online modes. I thought the multiplayer was the weakest part of the game, while enjoyable, something about the competitive mode just didn't feel intense enough, and the co-op online mode became fairly repetitive. Reducing the scale of the multiplayer slightly would help in future instalments. Overall R2 was a game I enjoyed greatly - I am hooked by the series' storyline and cannot wait to see its conclusion, and the scale of this game just blew me away. Both the single-player and multiplayer need some minor tweaks but otherwise this (and it's predecessor) are both must have games if you have a PS3. Expand
  19. Jun 17, 2012
    Resistance series is a bit different than today's popular FPS "format", it has an interesting old school feeling, especially if you are the kind of gamer that enjoyed older but great PC shooters. Don't get it if you expect a modern war or a realistic shooter, expect an intense sci-fi/horror/military game with great and interesting weapons and scenery. The downside of R2 is the fact you areResistance series is a bit different than today's popular FPS "format", it has an interesting old school feeling, especially if you are the kind of gamer that enjoyed older but great PC shooters. Don't get it if you expect a modern war or a realistic shooter, expect an intense sci-fi/horror/military game with great and interesting weapons and scenery. The downside of R2 is the fact you are not able to carry all the guns you got like you can in the first and the third games of the series and the inclusion of complete regenerative health system. It would be better in my opinion if health system and weapon inventory in R2 worked just like they work in R:FoM and the brilliant Resistance3.
    But anyway, Resistance 2 is great gaming experience for what it is, intense moments, great boss battles, huge scope and an interesting "old school" aura.
    Competitive multiplayer in this game can be fun and is much more intense and faster than most today's shooters. The cooperative gameplay with its leveling system and specific maps and bosses is a positive and unique addition, a bit different than it is expected from the genre but fun nonetheless.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    My favourite game on the PS3! Its well presented with a strong and captivating storyline, one of the few games that sucks you in so much at you REALLY dont want to die, as if there are real implications if you do. Brilliant, loved it! not trading this one in ;)
  21. Feb 18, 2016
    Dont believe the sheeples. Restistance 2 is a good game, you should pick it up today, not because I say so, but because you owe it to yourself to check it out yourself before you believe the others.
  22. Mar 4, 2014
    Should u still give this a shot in 2014? If u haven't played already, u'll miss out on one of the finest FPS ever!

The story feels disconnected, the cut-scenes are crap and I really didn't care about the characters (Nathan Hale = having Drake's name and looks like Cole, but nowhere near likable as them). That is literally the Only complain about the game. Everything else is a blast!

Everything else is a blast! The variety is what impressed me the most. The game-play sections, guns (so cool!) and enemy types and boss fights which include Titans, Sharks, Zombies, Dinosaurs, Krakens and a goddamn Godzilla (they're just Chimeras, I'm just giving names! ). Both Ally and Enemy AI are superb with actual help from allies and the enemies using cover and flanking. Graphics considering it's from 2008 still stand out beautifully especially the environments.

On top of the mind-blowing campaign, is the enjoyable multiplayer with up to 64 players (yes, 64 on PS3 back in '08) which surprisingly is still active!

The game literally screams Epic right from the moment u pick up the box with one of the best cover arts I've seen! Another PS3 Exclusive that is pure quality! It's a shame that Insomniac Games is now working on an XBox One exclusive, but I still hope Resistance 4 will come on PS4!

Verdict : 9.5/10
  23. Feb 19, 2016
    Resistance 2 is a fun and enjoyable FPS and proves to be a worthy sequel to RFoM (Resistance: Fall of Man). R2 is much more intense and all the battles are bigger and better than the original. I loved the settings of San Francisco, Chicago, and Louisiana in this game and how they were incorporated into the overall story. This was one of the most fun single person campaigns that I have goneResistance 2 is a fun and enjoyable FPS and proves to be a worthy sequel to RFoM (Resistance: Fall of Man). R2 is much more intense and all the battles are bigger and better than the original. I loved the settings of San Francisco, Chicago, and Louisiana in this game and how they were incorporated into the overall story. This was one of the most fun single person campaigns that I have gone through. Expand
  24. DerrickR
    Nov 1, 2009
    At the moment this game has a user score of 5.7, which I feel it does not deserve. The low score is due to the major changes from the first game. Basically everything is different, from the mood to the color palate (which I am not a fan of) to health regeneration and reduced weapon selection (also not a fan of). The first Resistance game had awesome single-player and decent online. This At the moment this game has a user score of 5.7, which I feel it does not deserve. The low score is due to the major changes from the first game. Basically everything is different, from the mood to the color palate (which I am not a fan of) to health regeneration and reduced weapon selection (also not a fan of). The first Resistance game had awesome single-player and decent online. This one has a decent campaign and fantastic online, with both co-op and competitive components. Therefore if you don't have a good internet connection then you will be disappointed. However, the online play is the best I have ever come across (I've logged more than 600 hours in it), and I actually enjoyed having to figure out the story instead of getting it handed to me. Hopefully in the third installment of this trilogy Insomniac returns the great campaign of the first game and fuses it with the awesome online of the second game. My actual score would be a 87. Expand
  25. Mar 6, 2012
    Amazing game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  26. AbsiGaddafi
    Nov 9, 2008
    there are some wierd comments here , the Multiplayer is great deep and big , you can play up to 60 player in the same time and without LAG , you have 8 player online co-op with a different campagin, the single player if great as well with great new locations and epic bosses fight
  27. JEFFD
    Jan 18, 2010
    How could you hate this game its one of the best games out there today and prefer it over MW2. I really enjoyed the first resistance and this one is way better. I cant wait for resistance 3 it will be the best ame of all time.
  28. Ian
    Nov 7, 2008
    The single player story isn't as epic as it was in the first one and to fans of the first game alot of the changes seem like somewhat a step backwards (only being able to carry 2 weapons, there being other survivors of the virus) however to casual shooter players I can imagine this being a friendlier way of doing things. Bottom line the multiplayer is amazing and can only be The single player story isn't as epic as it was in the first one and to fans of the first game alot of the changes seem like somewhat a step backwards (only being able to carry 2 weapons, there being other survivors of the virus) however to casual shooter players I can imagine this being a friendlier way of doing things. Bottom line the multiplayer is amazing and can only be described as a combination of Call of duty 4 and Halo 3 so even if it has lost some of its individuality it has definatly picked up some accessabillity in the competitive online section. The co-op online is an enitrly different beast that involves a class system that basicaly boils down to some sort of first person version of a wow instance where 8 players fend off hunderds of chimaren enemys while filling the roll of healer, tank and dps, it can be hecktec insain once you wrap your mind around it. The graphics seem lackluster and the story mode while long is not nearly as fulfilling as the first. Expand
  29. JohnM
    Jan 12, 2009
    Resistance 2 would, ironically, be a better game if it wasn't a Resistance title. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game to play, but the designers have made the horrible mistake of taking a series beyond where it was meant to go. The Chimera have gone from being Aliens to Cthulu, there's more Future-Tech than Star Wars, Star Trek and Starcraft combined, and the game Resistance 2 would, ironically, be a better game if it wasn't a Resistance title. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game to play, but the designers have made the horrible mistake of taking a series beyond where it was meant to go. The Chimera have gone from being Aliens to Cthulu, there's more Future-Tech than Star Wars, Star Trek and Starcraft combined, and the game loses much of its charm when the levels feel very familiar to Resistance 1; the English Countryside is gone, but the generic Chimeran Buildings have not. However, if you judge the game on its own merits, rather than comparing every last detail to its progenitor, you are left with a very good title. As lazy as it sounds, the best way to describe this game is "Halo done right". It has lifted a LOT from Halo, such as the health system and the "two weapon" limits (which Halo started). It feels like it is trying to outdo Halo at every turn. Sorry, Xbox Fanboys, but it DOES outdo Halo. Halo 3 in particular was horrendously over-hyped; Resistance 2 perhaps did not deliver as thoroughly as we'd have liked, but it did succeed. In summary; PROS: Beautiful graphics. Good storyline. (mostly) good weaponry. Simple controls. Absolutely god-like Multiplayer (up to 60 in a game, with no lag). CONS: Feels like it's ripping off Halo a bit too much. Difficulty still skyrockets randomly in places. The plot. Expand
  30. HofunNoodles
    Feb 1, 2009
    Although, admittedly, it is derivative in parts the weapon set and MP gain a lot of that lost ground back. Having played the best the 360 has to offer, this took a while before it really sunk its teeth into me, but it did and I especially enjoy the fun and varied online that insomicac have packaged into the whole. There's nothing else quite like it, even if parts of the campaign are Although, admittedly, it is derivative in parts the weapon set and MP gain a lot of that lost ground back. Having played the best the 360 has to offer, this took a while before it really sunk its teeth into me, but it did and I especially enjoy the fun and varied online that insomicac have packaged into the whole. There's nothing else quite like it, even if parts of the campaign are somewhat lacklustre. Expand
  31. DanM
    Oct 28, 2008
    I would give it 9.5 but not available. I'm in the Beta and have played online co-op and competitive, and offline co-op. This game is truly amazing, it is crazy with all that goes on with 60 player online battles or 8 player co-op. I'll be playing this almost non-stop as there is so much replayability in it. And I haven't even got into the single player yet!
  32. Korwyn
    Nov 10, 2008
    If anybody read the full review of this game on Variety website you will see the bias statement from them that they are favoring Microsoft. without their low review this game would have got a par score with Gears of War 2 no problem. It is a solid evidence that Microsoft pay them to do this. what a dirty way to do business. first they can't really make games on their own. then use If anybody read the full review of this game on Variety website you will see the bias statement from them that they are favoring Microsoft. without their low review this game would have got a par score with Gears of War 2 no problem. It is a solid evidence that Microsoft pay them to do this. what a dirty way to do business. first they can't really make games on their own. then use money to buy exclusivity then pay critics to give bad score to competitor's games. what else could they do next? pay critics to give their games good score? oh, maybe they HAVE already done it, who knows? Expand
  33. Mar 29, 2014
    Resistance 2 is a landmark game for the PS3. The atmosphere and universe is great the bosses are epic and the weapons are unique. This is one of those games that balance single and multiplayer too so there is plenty to do when the single player is over.
  34. MikeS
    Jan 17, 2010
    I Don't Uncerstand How This Has Acquired Such A Low User Score. This Is A Great Title, With An Interesting Storyline, Despite The Bland Characters. It Features Interesting Enimies And Stellar Boss Fights Along With Some Pretty Neat Graphics. Don't Let Anybody Tell You Otherwise. Not Forgetting The 60 Player Multiplayer, Which Is The Most Players You Can Chuck Into An FPS, At I Don't Uncerstand How This Has Acquired Such A Low User Score. This Is A Great Title, With An Interesting Storyline, Despite The Bland Characters. It Features Interesting Enimies And Stellar Boss Fights Along With Some Pretty Neat Graphics. Don't Let Anybody Tell You Otherwise. Not Forgetting The 60 Player Multiplayer, Which Is The Most Players You Can Chuck Into An FPS, At Least Until MAG Arrives. Expand
  35. EaterP
    Mar 14, 2010
    This game deserves a 9 if you haven't played the first, and a 7 if you have. Resistance 2 is an epic game. Its got massive set pieces, huge (although extremely easy) bosses, a large variety of awesome weapons and an amazing multiplayer. The reason for the split-score is that it just feels too disconnected from the first game. The story is all over the place and they have introduced This game deserves a 9 if you haven't played the first, and a 7 if you have. Resistance 2 is an epic game. Its got massive set pieces, huge (although extremely easy) bosses, a large variety of awesome weapons and an amazing multiplayer. The reason for the split-score is that it just feels too disconnected from the first game. The story is all over the place and they have introduced new characters and story elements that just dont fit with the first game at all. However If you have never played the first game this shouldnt be a problem. Also the graphics can be a bit iffy sometimes but who cares, this game is massive and the multiplayer is really, really good. I give it an 8 overall as I have played the first and i couldnt really get into it but i dont want to put off any newcomers to the resistance game because they are both great, if a little disjointed. Expand
  36. JCS
    Nov 4, 2009
    IMO this game doesn't deserve more than an 8.5 or 85 score... Even 87 feels like pushing it. Often have I toyed with the thought of this game becoming PS3's iconic shooter alongside Killzone 2, hence allowing Sony to face Microsoft's Halo 3, Gears of War etc. with a certain degree of credibility, but it finally didn't live up to my expectations, and those of countless IMO this game doesn't deserve more than an 8.5 or 85 score... Even 87 feels like pushing it. Often have I toyed with the thought of this game becoming PS3's iconic shooter alongside Killzone 2, hence allowing Sony to face Microsoft's Halo 3, Gears of War etc. with a certain degree of credibility, but it finally didn't live up to my expectations, and those of countless others. It is simply a pretty average shooter, with decent graphics, decent game-play, decent modes... Decent. Nothing more and nothing less. On a "darker" note: The story-line is extremely unoriginal and the game-play can become quite repetitive. Expand
  37. Jul 22, 2012
    Loved the game.

If only there was 8 player co-op, and 64-player multi-player on Resistance 3 I would of got it... Its like if they Zombies from Call of Duty - worst choice ever.
  38. May 28, 2013
    After Resistance FoM, I was hoping this game would be really good and capture the same feel as the first one. Did it fully capture it? For the most part yes. The story was wonderfully put together, with great characters, plot, set pieces, and AI.
    The MP was of course of the chains. With the massive matches going on and crazy clan battles, the game was great. The new COOP experience was great as well. The only down side was the lack of support by Insomniac. No new COOP DLC, and well over priced maps for MP. But there was no incentive to get those DLCs.
    Aside from that, the problems that existed were with the somewhat cartoonish graphics, bodies exploding in to the chunks of intestines and organs, no arms or legs, those were rare when it came to certain enemies. In Multiplayer there were only organs all over the place. The fire physics and textures in this installment were terrible. The did a great job on the water physics. To some people these are laughable things to pick on, but when you are looking for a good looking game, these things count.
    Over all the game was enjoyable, great story, great graphics, characters you could relate and care about.
    There was a lot of hate on this game because it was nothing like Resistance Fall of Man. But truthfully it was more of a Resistance title than Resistance 3.
  39. EricP
    Apr 10, 2009
    Resistance 2 is quite possibly one of the most enjoyable multiplayer titles that has been released on PS3. The campaign mode is nothing to write home about and is really just a rehashed version of the first installment. It doesn't bring a whole lot to the table graphics wise, sporting a mere 720p resolution, although decent in its own right. Unfortunately, I didn't find a Resistance 2 is quite possibly one of the most enjoyable multiplayer titles that has been released on PS3. The campaign mode is nothing to write home about and is really just a rehashed version of the first installment. It doesn't bring a whole lot to the table graphics wise, sporting a mere 720p resolution, although decent in its own right. Unfortunately, I didn't find a majority of the weapons desirable to use especially in multiplayer situations. The Halo inspired Battle Rifle is perhaps the best of the bunch. Overall, a solid effort particularly given the online functions. However, if not for its success in that regard, it would have been a total flop to say the least. Expand
  40. AnonymousMC
    Nov 6, 2008
    The only complaint I have at the moment is the split screen bug while trying to play online coop. Everything else is stellar. Getting 8 competent people together to take on the coop missions is fun as hell. Personally I enjoyed the campaign, though I wish it had been somewhat longer. I don't feel any need to elaborate on how sweet 60 player team death match is.
  41. JoeB
    May 2, 2009
    I came to the PS3 a little late and the first 2 games i got were risistence fall of man and resistence 2. Fall of man was amazing but needs some improvents in the next game and when i finally played resistence 2, i was amazed. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty close, the story was good, the graphic were stunning, boss fights a little short and easy but still stunning especially I came to the PS3 a little late and the first 2 games i got were risistence fall of man and resistence 2. Fall of man was amazing but needs some improvents in the next game and when i finally played resistence 2, i was amazed. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty close, the story was good, the graphic were stunning, boss fights a little short and easy but still stunning especially when you fought the massive monster in Chicago. Overall i thought i was a great game you'll have a ton of fun shooting crap loads of aliens half way back to hell. Expand
  42. MarkR.
    Nov 18, 2008
    alright, so disregarding people who haven't actually played this game, I have seen nothing but adoration for this game from the general community. It is a rare gem in a sea of boring thoughtless fps games. I found the single player incredibly engaging and interesting, with the right mix of drama, good graphics, well constructed plot twists, terrifying unique enemies and interesting alright, so disregarding people who haven't actually played this game, I have seen nothing but adoration for this game from the general community. It is a rare gem in a sea of boring thoughtless fps games. I found the single player incredibly engaging and interesting, with the right mix of drama, good graphics, well constructed plot twists, terrifying unique enemies and interesting weapons. This is what the halo series should have been in sp. Doesn't try to be too shiny, doesn't try to be too gritty, it's a great achievement. Not to mention the "boss" fights are unprecedented in scale and tension. After finishing the single player I started playing the online modes and split-screen and though I haven't even close to scratched the surface I can honestly say I've never seen a game with as much scope as this. There is more for your 60 bucks here than I've ever seen in a game, a part from possibly LittleBigPlanet. Overall, there's nothing I can complain about on this game, and I will be playing it for years to come. Expand
  43. RubberD.
    Nov 23, 2008
    After reading some reviews and seeing a TV review, I cant wait for this game. I loved the 1st Resistance, I thought the scale of the game was awesome, and this seems to be the same. The 1st title was strange in the fact that the 1st few levels were very.......average shall we say, but if you popped through the so so opening stages, it was a game that rewarded you the more ou played, I After reading some reviews and seeing a TV review, I cant wait for this game. I loved the 1st Resistance, I thought the scale of the game was awesome, and this seems to be the same. The 1st title was strange in the fact that the 1st few levels were very.......average shall we say, but if you popped through the so so opening stages, it was a game that rewarded you the more ou played, I loved that feature, So all in all, its built me up for what looks to be a great game. This will be one that I will put away for myself till xmas (along with GoW2,LBP,Tomb Raider,Dead Space & Prince of Persia, hey it beats socks and smelly spray, lol). Expand
  44. BMF
    Nov 3, 2008
    Great game Bethesda captured the feal of the original games very well the only con i can think of is the animation for running and some other movements is very strange looking and erratic.
  45. MaxS.
    Nov 4, 2008
    As my teachers say... Nothing is perfect. This game is all of what Resistance:Fall of Man was supposed to be. And being a release game, I can't say I blame Insomniac games. I bought my PS3 looking at a cover for the original. And ever since I've been dying to play Resistance 2. The story is really good, Game play kicks ass, and with new Chimera, there are tons of new things to As my teachers say... Nothing is perfect. This game is all of what Resistance:Fall of Man was supposed to be. And being a release game, I can't say I blame Insomniac games. I bought my PS3 looking at a cover for the original. And ever since I've been dying to play Resistance 2. The story is really good, Game play kicks ass, and with new Chimera, there are tons of new things to do and see. The graphics are insanely good. My friend and I spent a good 5 minutes on looking at the water alone. and with the first boss being a water boss... need I say more. This Game has everything it needs to compete against Gears of War 2. I hope Insomniac Games comes out with more titles, just as good as Resistance 2. I love the Gears story as well and I'm looking forward to Gears after I finish Resistance 2. Expand
  46. IceFenix
    Nov 5, 2008
    Resistance 2 improves upon every aspect that Resistance Fall of Man either missed or did not target well. The main improvements that stands out are the graphics, storyline, and certain game mechanics, which makes the game much easier to pickup and play and understand. There are some minor issues such as disappearing textures or floating bodies, but they are very negligible because almost Resistance 2 improves upon every aspect that Resistance Fall of Man either missed or did not target well. The main improvements that stands out are the graphics, storyline, and certain game mechanics, which makes the game much easier to pickup and play and understand. There are some minor issues such as disappearing textures or floating bodies, but they are very negligible because almost every game has it. Where the game really shines is in its co-op and multiplayer. Co-op supports up to 8 players online in a completely separate plot that aligns with the main storyline. Multiplayer can reach a max of 60 players, without minimal lag and connection issues. Thus, Resistance has truly stuck with Insomniac's goal of scale, which can be seen in the single and multiplayer. Additionally, disregard Arnold V. and Ben P. because their lack of justification and reasoning for giving such low scores proves their stupidity and the fact that they NEVER played the game. All in all, a highly recommended game for PS3 owners and ignore the idiocy of the two individuals that gave the game 1 and 3. Expand
  47. ColonelS.
    Nov 6, 2008
    This is a wonderful HUGE game! Single player blew me away so much that I'm on my 3rd playthrough on Superhuman. The graphics are amazing, the best I've seen on my PS3 so far. Add the wonderful multiplayer and this is the hit of the year. I just barely started playing co-op and it's freakin' amazing. Leveling up is so much fun. Anyone who rates this game lower than an This is a wonderful HUGE game! Single player blew me away so much that I'm on my 3rd playthrough on Superhuman. The graphics are amazing, the best I've seen on my PS3 so far. Add the wonderful multiplayer and this is the hit of the year. I just barely started playing co-op and it's freakin' amazing. Leveling up is so much fun. Anyone who rates this game lower than an 8/10 is seriously either a fanboy for another console or doesn't like FPS games. Take the Variety review for instance. Who the heck are they anway? Metacritic, why do you let two-bit periodicals like Variety have any weight whatsoever in game reviews? It's just as lousy as letting the New York Times review games. Leave it up to the professionals and get these hack "journalists" out so they don't drag down the score for a wonderful game that has been getting mostly 9/10 from credible, professional sources. Expand
  48. BenF.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Very good game, extremely better than the first. The split screen online and 60 player online as well as the 8 player co op is what puts this game over the top. The storyline is also groundbreaking. BIG graphical improvements and gameplay improvements. Best FPS ive played to date.
  49. MarkY
    Nov 6, 2008
    This game got me zoned in at first. I got it on day one I played it on the difficult setting. Either I'm getting way better or this game is just way easier than the first. Great game to play however a tad too easy. There is no real methods to taking care of the larger enemies and the gameplay sort of felt spoon fed in small doses especially in how to beat certain enemies. It was a This game got me zoned in at first. I got it on day one I played it on the difficult setting. Either I'm getting way better or this game is just way easier than the first. Great game to play however a tad too easy. There is no real methods to taking care of the larger enemies and the gameplay sort of felt spoon fed in small doses especially in how to beat certain enemies. It was a short wild ride. I would wait on a price drop unless you want to get ahead in multiplayer. Expand
  50. AlexC
    Nov 6, 2008
    This game is fantasti! it's a huge improvement from the last one and it's just shows you the strides insomniac took to make the resistance series a must buy. This game is worth every penny. And seroiusly if you can't understand the multiplayer games maybe so should try playing dora the explorer or something else. The only kids who are writing bad reveiws for this game are This game is fantasti! it's a huge improvement from the last one and it's just shows you the strides insomniac took to make the resistance series a must buy. This game is worth every penny. And seroiusly if you can't understand the multiplayer games maybe so should try playing dora the explorer or something else. The only kids who are writing bad reveiws for this game are xbox fanboys who never even played the game but can't stand that PS3 has a hit and is fastly creeping up on the 360. This game is a must buy and you would be foolish to overlook this game. Expand
    Nov 6, 2008
    So far this game is just excellent as first if not more. Online is completely amazing. So far haven't encountered any lag, even in the sixty player matches. Co-op is extremely fun even though it is not what I expected. Most importantly though the storyline is excellent. It starts off where the first ended. After they capture you you are sedated. You wake up and they tell you whats So far this game is just excellent as first if not more. Online is completely amazing. So far haven't encountered any lag, even in the sixty player matches. Co-op is extremely fun even though it is not what I expected. Most importantly though the storyline is excellent. It starts off where the first ended. After they capture you you are sedated. You wake up and they tell you whats going on as your flying above Iceland. The chimerans shoot you down now you must battle your way through the level and take out a goliath. After this is done the screen goes black and says two years later. You are in a underground base and are waking up after having tests done to you. Chimerans attack and you must make your way out. Once you come out you see the "famous horizon" as America is fallen to pieces. Expand
  52. ThomasLanteigne
    Oct 18, 2008
    tried the beta, and its quite action packed, choice of 3 classes and interesting weaponry. The Coop map I tried in the beta is pretty good too. There is the concept of leveling up your character a bit like CoD4. if you are hesitating, you should definatly give this game a try!
  53. mg
    Nov 8, 2008
    The only frustration I have with the solo campaign are all the cheap ways to die, mostly trial and error stuff like the chameleon. The story isn't great, but engaging enough. My score of 9 is totally based on the multiplayer. Very addicting cooperative modes. And the different classes make it have lasting power. I like it's multiplayer better than gears 2. Seriously.
  54. MatthewJohnson
    Nov 8, 2008
    this game is great, dont listen to all those low user reviews, those are 360 fanboys that dont even have a ps3. i wouldn't actually ive this game a 10, but rather a 9.5, but since there is no such option it becomes a 10 because a 9 would be too low
  55. Matt
    Dec 1, 2008
    An improvement upon the original in almost every way. Insomniac has finally hit their stride for FPS design. However I am not without my complaints. First off the boss fights, however grandiose were still a little underwhelming and simplistic for my tastes. Second, the story is muddled and confusing, exchanging the original's cohesive (but slightly ambiguous) narrative for fairly An improvement upon the original in almost every way. Insomniac has finally hit their stride for FPS design. However I am not without my complaints. First off the boss fights, however grandiose were still a little underwhelming and simplistic for my tastes. Second, the story is muddled and confusing, exchanging the original's cohesive (but slightly ambiguous) narrative for fairly standard military science fiction. But having been a pretty harsh critic of the first Resistance, I can safely say that Insomniac had people like me in mind when they tweaked the gameplay (no more crappy health bar, a little less enemies sent out to rape you, etc). Highly recommended for jaded PS3 owners looking for something besides Little Big Planet to play this holiday season. Expand
  56. EmmanuelVeras
    Oct 25, 2008
    In in the beta and I certify that this game is a AAA masterpiece. I've only experienced multi player aspects, such as coop and competitive modes, but those alone are enough to warrant a 10 out of 10 for this masterfully created shooter. The different modes are excellent and fulfilling.
  57. James
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ok seeing as many of the people rating this game haven't played it in any shape or form I am immediately more qualified to deliver an opinion. I've been playing the beta and it is serious fun! The game isn't the best looking, it improves on R1 but it isn't jaw dropping but the mechanics are perfect, the modes plenty and the combat is precisely balanced. This game willOk seeing as many of the people rating this game haven't played it in any shape or form I am immediately more qualified to deliver an opinion. I've been playing the beta and it is serious fun! The game isn't the best looking, it improves on R1 but it isn't jaw dropping but the mechanics are perfect, the modes plenty and the combat is precisely balanced. This game will keep you busy for a long time trust me.

I'm disappointed to see this fanboy block voting for R2 hasn't received a disclaimer like the voting for LBP did but seriously guys get a life!
  58. CliffyB
    Oct 25, 2008
    Don't believe the stupid Xbots. This game is superb. They merely envy our growing and improving game library while their selection weakens to the level of the Nintendo Wii. Do not be sad nor fearful Xbots. The 720 will be released next year, and the failure rate will fall to an acceptable 25%. Then you can play gears of war 3 while PS3 owners will still be receiving numerous AAADon't believe the stupid Xbots. This game is superb. They merely envy our growing and improving game library while their selection weakens to the level of the Nintendo Wii. Do not be sad nor fearful Xbots. The 720 will be released next year, and the failure rate will fall to an acceptable 25%. Then you can play gears of war 3 while PS3 owners will still be receiving numerous AAA titles years from now. Perhaps when become gainfully employed all of you xbots will be able to afford quality. Til then, suck a nut! Expand
  59. AnonymousMC
    Oct 26, 2008
    Enough with the retaliatory strikes with these user based scores. All gamers have been dancing this tune since the next gen console "war" broke and nothing has changed. I am a PS3 and Wii fan and own both. I do not own a 360 due to the fact that I prefer the other two consoles. However that is not to say I completely disregard the 360. If there was a game I would like to see ported to theEnough with the retaliatory strikes with these user based scores. All gamers have been dancing this tune since the next gen console "war" broke and nothing has changed. I am a PS3 and Wii fan and own both. I do not own a 360 due to the fact that I prefer the other two consoles. However that is not to say I completely disregard the 360. If there was a game I would like to see ported to the PS3 it would be Gears and I bet 360 owners wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Resistence or Killzone sent over to 360. We all have our views on our particular favourites but at the end of the day, if we didn't have the competiion out there the gaming industry would be static and in a bad way. Just look at the way (in my view) things went for a while when it was just Ninty without Sega to give it any comp. At the end of the day the majority of games appear on both or all consoles and we should just enjoy what we like and to hell with the other camp. And when we do get the exclusives (ie: Killzone, LBP, Resistence and MGS4) we should just sit back and enjoy the green faces eminating from the 360 camp. The hardcore 360 fans started this nonsence by giving LBP a low score. So what!!!? That shows the jealousy. Just ignore them and concentrate on the beautiful title that only you can play while 360 owners pine for something as brilliant and creative. Expand
  60. AlanG
    Jan 18, 2009
    Not the best Campaign. Didn't really like it. The best part is the Online. Co-op is very addicting with 3 classes to choose. Each with a main role in playing. All of them fun. 8 Player Co-Op online by the way. The other online is Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Skirmish and others I cannot remember the others. 60 player Online with NO LAG which is amazing. To me overall, this game is Not the best Campaign. Didn't really like it. The best part is the Online. Co-op is very addicting with 3 classes to choose. Each with a main role in playing. All of them fun. 8 Player Co-Op online by the way. The other online is Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Skirmish and others I cannot remember the others. 60 player Online with NO LAG which is amazing. To me overall, this game is worth buying to waste time. You will never get bored with online. I had it since the day it came out and still haven't gotten been bored of it. Good graphics but the only thing I don't like is the campaign which is short and not that good. Expand
  61. JonB.
    Oct 2, 2009
    Resistance 2 is one of my favorite games on the ps3 ever. The graphics are amazing and truely show the power of the ps3. The story is better the campain, while short, is still enjoyable with more weapons to handle and destroy the chimera. The bosses are really fun and the leviathan fight really made you feel like that part was like a movie. The teanse feel and you feel more for hale in Resistance 2 is one of my favorite games on the ps3 ever. The graphics are amazing and truely show the power of the ps3. The story is better the campain, while short, is still enjoyable with more weapons to handle and destroy the chimera. The bosses are really fun and the leviathan fight really made you feel like that part was like a movie. The teanse feel and you feel more for hale in this game. Also online really rules and is amazing. I can go on a 60 player math and with no lag. Co-op is addicting and really fun. Especially leveling up your classes. Insomniac Games amazing job can't wait for resistance 3. Expand
  62. AnonymousMC
    Feb 23, 2009
    The only downfall compared to the original is that we no longer have the ability to carry all the weapons, however the game play, new weapons and overall intresting storyline more than makes up for it. Each misssion is different enough from the previous to keep the gamer entertained, and is one of the few fps that can be played threw more then once. P.S. people talk about the all theThe only downfall compared to the original is that we no longer have the ability to carry all the weapons, however the game play, new weapons and overall intresting storyline more than makes up for it. Each misssion is different enough from the previous to keep the gamer entertained, and is one of the few fps that can be played threw more then once. P.S. people talk about the all the great guns but never talk about the pistol's secondary, it's very satisfying to blow the enemy up with a pistol. Expand
  63. ColinM.
    Feb 4, 2009
    While this game may not be the best of the PS3, if you do own a PS3, then GET THIS GAME. I really didn't like Resistance: Fall of Man, and so I was unsure of getting this game. But I'm so glad I did. This is the wierdest thing about though, that while all my friends are ga-ga over Resistance's online, I myself enjoyed the Campaign an insane amount of more. While some While this game may not be the best of the PS3, if you do own a PS3, then GET THIS GAME. I really didn't like Resistance: Fall of Man, and so I was unsure of getting this game. But I'm so glad I did. This is the wierdest thing about though, that while all my friends are ga-ga over Resistance's online, I myself enjoyed the Campaign an insane amount of more. While some didn't like the campaign, I loved it. The graphics are really nice and polished, background story is superb, but the in-game presentation of it is quite flawed. I myself researched Resistance's story and quite enjoyed. Overall, 9.0/10. Now, when I go back to play Resistance 1, for some reason I'm actually enjoying it. Expand
  64. JoshA
    May 17, 2009
    Amazing game good improvements on the last such as the graphics and online mode and co-op amazing amazing game.
  65. NikolaiB
    May 19, 2009
    Resistance 2 is probably one of the most impressive games on consoles out now. With both variety in both gameplay and story Resistance includes almost everything that made the Fall of Man great and much more. Graphics have improved and the scope in both story and the missions is widened. I do feel that Resistance 2 may have lost some of the prequels dark feeling, but the Chimera is as Resistance 2 is probably one of the most impressive games on consoles out now. With both variety in both gameplay and story Resistance includes almost everything that made the Fall of Man great and much more. Graphics have improved and the scope in both story and the missions is widened. I do feel that Resistance 2 may have lost some of the prequels dark feeling, but the Chimera is as terrefying foe as before. Multiplayer is even bigger than before and suprisingly without much chaos with 64 players at the same time. Every FPS fan and Playstation 3 owner should get this game, not because you like one console better then the other, but because Resistance 2 is an improved version of an already great game. Expand
  66. AdamM.
    Jun 14, 2009
    Resistance 2 is a very enjoyable game that I would recommend to any ps3 owner, but the game is far from perfect. I have to say the biggest let down in the game is the poor single player experience, it only took me about 12 hours to complete it on the hardest difficulty. Also the actual story is amazingly boring compared to resistance , you do come across some brilliant bosses but even Resistance 2 is a very enjoyable game that I would recommend to any ps3 owner, but the game is far from perfect. I have to say the biggest let down in the game is the poor single player experience, it only took me about 12 hours to complete it on the hardest difficulty. Also the actual story is amazingly boring compared to resistance , you do come across some brilliant bosses but even they are ruined by the fact that they aer not at all challanging. The only reason you would to play through the campaign is because of brilliant and exciting gameplay. But the shining star of this game is the exceptional online play. In competive you get your standerd deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag (core control), but the game type I found most enjoyable was the skirmish mode. It is basicly a Killzone 2 type match with the revolving missions scheme.Some people have said that 60 players online is just abosolute choas and to be honest it is but that what makes the game such a unique experince. Coopretive is the newest online mode to the resistance series and proberbly is the most enjoyable and rewarding mode. Basicly you have a team of eight players and you can choose to be one of three classes, soldier,special ops or a medic. This mode unlike its competitive counterpart is quite tatical because you have to get the right balance of clases in a team. One the main reasons I found this mode so enjoyable is due to the fact that you will face hunderds of chimera in one small block of a mission and that is extremely exciting. My closing comment is if you are looking for a new online experience away from the likes of call of duty buy this game, but don' t buy it if you are looking for a deep an challenging single player experince. Expand
  67. TobyK
    Sep 23, 2009
    this game suffers from severe halo 3 syndrome. whilst the campaign (purely in terms of story) is a little weak, the online multiplayer (including a revolutionary new target-based *skirmish* system) feels very together and sorted. its plays excellently, with a heavy creepy atmosphere as I came to expect from the original resistance, and although the storyline is a bit confusing and has the this game suffers from severe halo 3 syndrome. whilst the campaign (purely in terms of story) is a little weak, the online multiplayer (including a revolutionary new target-based *skirmish* system) feels very together and sorted. its plays excellently, with a heavy creepy atmosphere as I came to expect from the original resistance, and although the storyline is a bit confusing and has the worst cliffhanger ending EVER, the online multiplayer is one of the best I have ever experienced. Expand
  68. JohnL.
    Nov 11, 2008
    people who give this game a low score dont know what they are getting into....its a solid shooter and thats all it tries to be, nothing more...the online play is great and being able to create your own rooms is one major flaw that cod 4 lacked...i havent even started the co-op missions yet..im still too involved in just jumping into any of the 60 player maps that pop up every night...do people who give this game a low score dont know what they are getting into....its a solid shooter and thats all it tries to be, nothing more...the online play is great and being able to create your own rooms is one major flaw that cod 4 lacked...i havent even started the co-op missions yet..im still too involved in just jumping into any of the 60 player maps that pop up every night...do not trust BEN P's review the playstation network doesnt lag at all...the fool obviously has a bad internet connection or is too far away from his router to know any better...i have been playing online in the playstation network from the beginning and ive never had connectivity or lag issues....like most people who actually know a thing or 2 about networking im hardwired in..so dont bash the network just cause your internet sux. Expand
  69. DavidH.
    Nov 12, 2008
    This game is so killer there are just no words to describe the intense roller coaster ride that is Resistance 2! I can't believe this bogus user voted average score thats out on this site though... 5.5? That makes me sick! I have played all the great FPS and am a huge FPS fan and I have been playing this game for a week straight and I can honestly say it is the best FPS on the market This game is so killer there are just no words to describe the intense roller coaster ride that is Resistance 2! I can't believe this bogus user voted average score thats out on this site though... 5.5? That makes me sick! I have played all the great FPS and am a huge FPS fan and I have been playing this game for a week straight and I can honestly say it is the best FPS on the market PERIOD. I just think their has been some heated tension between fanboys and 360 has a HUGE following.. I think that disgruntled 360 fanboys are voting this game bad even though they haven't played it. Everything I have read from the bad reviewers on here are FALSE with the exception of a few personal opinions. I just can't emphasize how incredibly enthralling this game really is for anyone who loves first person shooters. Play the campaign on all difficulty settings if you really want to understand how excellent and epic the battles are. This game gets WAY better as you up the skill level in carefully thought out ways that no other fps has ever executed. ThaT and the amazing 8-player squad based Co-Op and the stellar 60 player online competetive modes?!?!?! A GAMERS DREAM COME TRUE! Everyone needs to play Resistance 2 on Super Human mode before they can call themselves a true gamer! THIS IS NO JOKE. Expand
  70. EdenM.
    Nov 13, 2008
    After having played the beta(and full game) I can tell you there are ZERO issues with lag on the multiplayer....My connection isn't great and the online was still perfect. Everyone saying the is a load of lag is lying or don't actually have the game. The game is fantastic, the story and multiplayer are ace. The person who said the multiplayer is confusing is not a very After having played the beta(and full game) I can tell you there are ZERO issues with lag on the multiplayer....My connection isn't great and the online was still perfect. Everyone saying the is a load of lag is lying or don't actually have the game. The game is fantastic, the story and multiplayer are ace. The person who said the multiplayer is confusing is not a very intelligent person as they are explained before you enter the game and whilst you are in the game everything is also explained. In conclusion the game is very good and worth your money! Expand
  71. XM
    Nov 13, 2008
    Awesome multiplayer. Competitive mode is incredible with 60 player matches and co-op is seriously addicting. Single player campaign could have been better though. I give resistance 2 a solid 10 out of 10.
  72. AdrianG.
    Nov 14, 2008
    An amazing game. The best campaign i have played in a long time. Better than Resistance 1 and CoD4 combined! The Co op is a lot of fun and adds at least 8 more hours of gameplay to the game. The other part of the online isnt as good the first games but still fun
  73. JohnM.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Disregard many of these comments on here because many come from fanboys from BOTH systems. The truth is though, that, if you can get mediocre at it, the online is immensly fun. I enjoyed a few parts in the campaign a lot, but there were many parts where it was just stupid or boring. The cooperative is fun and very unique. The competitive can get annoying especially with the frustration of Disregard many of these comments on here because many come from fanboys from BOTH systems. The truth is though, that, if you can get mediocre at it, the online is immensly fun. I enjoyed a few parts in the campaign a lot, but there were many parts where it was just stupid or boring. The cooperative is fun and very unique. The competitive can get annoying especially with the frustration of the huge advantages/disadvantages a weapon could have. For example, the Carbine has 40mm that kills in one shot easily, but its damage is really low. The bullseye can tag and shoots fast, but its accuracy is horrible. Some guns are just ty (Bellock for the most part), so it takes some time to adjust to them. The only annoying part is that once you click play and start that game, IT IS CLOSED. That means that if you are playing a game with 10-10 and one team has a lot of dropouts, the game just sucks then because either its impossible to kill someone because you have too many people on your team or you just can't fight 8 people at once. This is reallly REALLY annoying because it will happen quite often. Expand
  74. MarcB.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Why 8? Got my PS3 way after i bought xbox360. and have been waiting for a good online multiplayer in the line of Gears of war. Although it makes me more think of a game like left 4 dead. One thing i don't understand: compared to xbox the PS3 should be more powerful (that is what they want us to believe...) but compared to the new Gears of war 2 : graphics are a few years behind: Why 8? Got my PS3 way after i bought xbox360. and have been waiting for a good online multiplayer in the line of Gears of war. Although it makes me more think of a game like left 4 dead. One thing i don't understand: compared to xbox the PS3 should be more powerful (that is what they want us to believe...) but compared to the new Gears of war 2 : graphics are a few years behind: could it be the graphics power of the ATI processor in de XBOX is more powerful then the NVIDIA in the PS3? yes: i stick to the 8 because this is one of the games PS3 players were waiting for: good online "save the world" fun game where some kind of teamwork is necessary. Expand
  75. DezC
    Nov 23, 2008
    Everything I have seen on this game screams great FPS!!! Loved the 1st, this looks to improve on that, bring it on! A lot of low scores here, funny they smell of XBOX fanboys who are jealous that their beloved Halo has died after the 1st game, they just cant handle the fact. I also have a 360, but am no sad, blinkered 360 non true gamer fag, sorry fanboy!
  76. JamesMcConnaughy
    Nov 24, 2008
    With the exception of the removal of the gun wheel, this game is an improvement on every level over Resistance. Even then, the dual weapon technique had me panicking during certain sequences. The co-op is unique and interesting, and the characters feel real, less macho stereotypes. There are games this year that I'd recommend over it, such as Mirror's Edge or LittleBigPlanet, butWith the exception of the removal of the gun wheel, this game is an improvement on every level over Resistance. Even then, the dual weapon technique had me panicking during certain sequences. The co-op is unique and interesting, and the characters feel real, less macho stereotypes. There are games this year that I'd recommend over it, such as Mirror's Edge or LittleBigPlanet, but if you own a PS3, you definably owe it to yourself to check this out. Expand
  77. Raj
    Nov 27, 2008
    Let me lay this belief to rest; anybody that says that this game is just run and shoot OBVIOUSLY hasn't played a first person shooter because when you breakdown any first person shooter that is all you get running and shooting apart from maybe Bioshock cus that game is too good. I find it a good thing that the co-op campaign is different to the single player campaign but I detestLet me lay this belief to rest; anybody that says that this game is just run and shoot OBVIOUSLY hasn't played a first person shooter because when you breakdown any first person shooter that is all you get running and shooting apart from maybe Bioshock cus that game is too good. I find it a good thing that the co-op campaign is different to the single player campaign but I detest anyone that will compare this to COD4 these games have emphasis on different things, COD4 favours graphics and R2 favours storytelling. So get over it! The single player campaign is good but it can lack inspiration sometimes however it is onine that this game will blow you away, 60 players shooting it out with great weapons like the marksman and the wraith... enough said. Collapse
  78. JoseGG
    Nov 3, 2008
    This game is great, i been playing a while now and its quite addictive. The story line is great so far. The battles are very intense. But yeah, the amount of enemies that'll be on screen at once chasing you will have you reminiscing zombie movies you've seen. I won't lie, the amount of "melee" Chimera (won't give out their real name to prevent any spoilers) you'll This game is great, i been playing a while now and its quite addictive. The story line is great so far. The battles are very intense. But yeah, the amount of enemies that'll be on screen at once chasing you will have you reminiscing zombie movies you've seen. I won't lie, the amount of "melee" Chimera (won't give out their real name to prevent any spoilers) you'll have coming at you at points in the game just has the game feel so damn intense. AI and character animations have really been improved, teammates will do a great job holding there own in combat, and I've yet to encounter a time when one had cost me my life. Story is still great, cinematics have been improved aswell, mo-cap always adds to the scenes, and graphics overall have been greatly improved. Motion blur when you sprint is done very well too, game in general just looks top notch. Expand
  79. UncleSkylar
    Nov 4, 2008
    This game is everything and more that you would expect from a FPS... The graphics are awesome, the story and multiplayer are amazing and BIGGER= better. If you like first person shooters with endless replayability thanks to online coop and 60 person competitive this is a must buy!!
  80. MichaelB.
    Nov 4, 2008
    I have my doubts that the low scores come from people who've even played the final game, as it was officially released today. This game is incredibly well made, very solid, huge in scope and a lot of fun.
  81. JohnB
    Nov 5, 2008
    This game is fantastic. The story may only be OK, but the gameplay is great fun. Beautiful scenery surrounds you as you face dozens of enemies at a time. And that's just the solo campaign. The Online Co-op gets even better. I've only played 4 missions so far, but I didn't experience one bit of lag. And it looks just as good as the solo campaign. Which brings us to the This game is fantastic. The story may only be OK, but the gameplay is great fun. Beautiful scenery surrounds you as you face dozens of enemies at a time. And that's just the solo campaign. The Online Co-op gets even better. I've only played 4 missions so far, but I didn't experience one bit of lag. And it looks just as good as the solo campaign. Which brings us to the Competitive online multiplayer. Having played both small matches (10 players) and large matches (60 players) and all I can say is *wow*. The maps are fantastic, and, like the co-op mode, I haven't experienced even a second of lag. To sum up, every part of this game will give you a unique and intense experience. If you are a fan of the FPS genre, you NEED this game. Period. Expand
  82. JoshuaB.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Quite simply, this is the game that any of the games from the Halo series wish they could be. Lagless 8-man coop, and 60-man competitive multiplayer battles? Eff yes. If this game ends up with a score lower than 90, I'll definitely start believing there's an anti-PS3 bias, because there is very little to warrant taking anything away from Resistance 2. I have an itching suspicion Quite simply, this is the game that any of the games from the Halo series wish they could be. Lagless 8-man coop, and 60-man competitive multiplayer battles? Eff yes. If this game ends up with a score lower than 90, I'll definitely start believing there's an anti-PS3 bias, because there is very little to warrant taking anything away from Resistance 2. I have an itching suspicion that the users who've reviewed this game and given it a low score haven't even played it, nor own a PS3 for that matter. People who complain about the "trial by death" thing obviously are used to a lower level of difficulty, and to grade a game lower because of how hard it is... Well, it's just plain stupid. Games are meant to be difficult, and this is one of the most challenging games I've played in a large while. To reiterate, it's been a long, long time since I've played a game as encapsulating, entertaining, challenging and fantastic as this one. The minor graphical glitches (Some instances of the waterfalls being flat, and apparently some low-res textures which I myself haven't spent the time to look for) mean nothing in the bigger picture, unless you're a die-hard 360 fan and have to nitpick -something-. The visuals are stunning, simply put. Battles are on a grand scale and some of the bosses you'll face are unbelievable. The multi-player is fantastic, and I've experienced little to no problems in my time playing it. Not even a single instance of lag or framing whatsoever, despite the huge amount of action occurring on the battlefield. The system of leveling up was a great idea, and gives me all the more reason to want to play. If you are playing the Coop, you'd better be fulfilling your role to the team, otherwise death will come swiftly. To -all- of you. The campaign is a trial, and you're often forced to think on your feet during battles, which is something I enjoy very much. This is my game of the year so far, easily. I'll be playing the crap out of it for months to come. Insomniac, with this release, along with the Ratched and Clank series, have to be considered one of the top-tier developing teams. I simply can't wait to see what they'll do next. Expand
  83. KyleT.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Internet problems are user error rather than game error. I haven't had any problems. Even the 60 person games that I've played have been completely lag free. The story is excellent, and even if the gameplay isn't anything too innovative, it's still fun and solid, no matter what the clueless user critics have said so far. Co-op online is great. It feels something like Internet problems are user error rather than game error. I haven't had any problems. Even the 60 person games that I've played have been completely lag free. The story is excellent, and even if the gameplay isn't anything too innovative, it's still fun and solid, no matter what the clueless user critics have said so far. Co-op online is great. It feels something like an MMO at some points because you're literally FORCED to work together. No splitting off and doing what you want. Heavies will need spec-ops for ammo supply, spec ops will need heavies for shield and major offense, and everyone needs medics. As always, don't listen to the user reviews. They're riddled with fanboy idiots who take it personally when a game on a console that they don't like does well. I have no idea what personal investment they have in it, but I suggest they shut up and game. Expand
  84. CharlyBronsyn
    Oct 16, 2008
    been playing the beta. Pure awesome! Insomniac have really stepped up to the plate on this one. Metacritic really needs to stop people from adding fraudulent scores without actually lending their comments. If public beta is any indication of how the full game is going to turn out. I'm completely sold.
  85. PeterL.
    Nov 9, 2008
    This game is something serious. The single player campaign alone is worth my $60 then you add on the 8 player co-op and 60 player online. If you have a playstation 3 buy this game, and if you don't have a playstation 3 buy one just for this game. Yeah, it's that good.
  86. DarryBoichenko
    Dec 30, 2008
    When I first tried Resistance: Fall of Man , I was not impressed at all. I hoped that maybe Resistance 2 would be better. After seeing it get some exceptional reviews, but still not that great, I decided to not buy this game. However, on Boxing Day, since I had wrapped my Mgs4 7 times and finished all my other games too, I decided, what they heck, ill just buy it and try it out .

I was

I was so freaking blown away by it. I didn't expect it to be so good! I don't know why people don't like the single-player campaign so much. I absolutely loved it. the cutscenes are okay, but the story is very intriguing. The multiplayer I thought was pretty good, but all my other friends are crazy about it!
    I really recommend this to anyone who has a PS3!
  87. BootsieDrazek
    Oct 24, 2008
    I've never played a First Person Shooter as engaging as this one. The storyline is quite original and has the most dramatic twists ever seen in any game of this genre. Multiplayer is an amazing technological achievement for a console game, but the best feature of this game is 8-player co-op. I've never had so much fun with any game mode of any FPS until I played this one, asI've never played a First Person Shooter as engaging as this one. The storyline is quite original and has the most dramatic twists ever seen in any game of this genre. Multiplayer is an amazing technological achievement for a console game, but the best feature of this game is 8-player co-op. I've never had so much fun with any game mode of any FPS until I played this one, as it's perfectly balanced, it's enemies are very varied, the graphics are excellent and PS3 doesn't choke with them, not even a little. Considering its RPG elements, including XP borrowed from Call of Duty 4, and with a new class system that includes medics, special-ops and soldiers, the fun will never stop as you'll always fiind something new to achieve, let alone it has infinite replay value. Ten. Expand
  88. ericmolino
    Oct 24, 2008
    Resistance 2 does what its predecessor doesnt, astonish th player. just the depth an contnet alone is supperb. the storyline is somwhat cliche but that can be forgiven considering that america is great and allot of videogames need a excuse to destroy san fransisco or chicago. the coop is out of this world. the 60plyayer multiplayer is frantic but entertaining to a point.
  89. SamNguyen
    Oct 25, 2008
    VERY GOOD GAME! I have a modded 360 and I got to admit the game is very long and the graphics improved but the gameplay is the same.The online is also very great! They added the Horde game where you team up with 5 players and beat the horde in waves!
  90. EricStoker
    Oct 25, 2008
    After the first Resistance game, I was sure that the PS3 as a FPS platform was finished. Then I played Resistance 2 Beta and I have to say I think Insomniac is on to something after all. I mean this feels a lot like a perfect mix of Halo 3 and COD4...and that equals cool in my book.
  91. MartinEdmunds
    Oct 26, 2008
    I actually am playing this game right now ( beta ) . Witch is more than most of these current user review.
    This game is a 100% fun Factor. Great weapong an graphic cant wait to play the campain.
    To all xbot fanboy give it a rest and play the game already . Stop rating a game thats not even out yet and that you haven't even played.
  92. AnonymousMC
    Oct 28, 2008
    I've been playing the Beta for a while now... so that's where I'm baseing this score.

For the first time in my life, I played with a team and it really worked. Everyone was playing and following the same goals.
    For that only... yes.. i give Resistance 2 a perfect score
  93. TomEdwards
    Dec 8, 2008
    This game improve upon R:FOM in every way. Literally bigger and better in every way, graphically, story, and single an multi-player ect. If you want a game that will give you a very satisfying single player and an even bigger and better multi-player with up to 60 players in any one game and close to no lag what so ever (I have yet to see any) then you can't go wrong with this.
  94. Griminal
    Oct 29, 2008
    Find it stupid how fanboys and idiots alike are rating games like this down, just because it's on a system they don't have, can't afford etc. I don't believe they genuinely don't like the system because that's just a joke.

That'd be like me sayin, Kate Moss is ugly because i havn't n probably never will (god help me) have the chance to get jiggy with her...
  95. jasongarnham
    Jan 13, 2009
    oh dear r2s getting some bad reviews isent it?multiplayer lagging?i dont think so i think certain fanboys are are at again aint they?pretty sad.....anyhow single player good fun but not as good as multiplayer darn good game killzone 2 next thats going to cause some more fanboy backlash i reckon..
  96. JBV
    Jan 21, 2009
    I can´t believe why this game had so many bad reviews from some people, the graphics are great, the scale is awesome and the enemies are smart enough to put a good fight. I think probably the reason of this scores can be either this people are get use to play things like kun fu panda or brainles sports games or there is lot of xbox360 fanboys capable of killing her parents for halo3 I can´t believe why this game had so many bad reviews from some people, the graphics are great, the scale is awesome and the enemies are smart enough to put a good fight. I think probably the reason of this scores can be either this people are get use to play things like kun fu panda or brainles sports games or there is lot of xbox360 fanboys capable of killing her parents for halo3 and they will dislike any other shooter. Expand
  97. XBOTSFUKOFF
    Feb 15, 2009
    Good game. Anyone who even dares to say that Gears 2 has a better multiplayer, go burn yourself on a hot stove you stupid fanboy piece of shit. I had anticipated Gears 2 more than anything, and I was let down. Granted, Resistance 2 might not have the BEST multiplayer or story ever made, but it CERTAINLY dominated the fuck out of Gears 2. If your that much of a fanboy, at least compare itGood game. Anyone who even dares to say that Gears 2 has a better multiplayer, go burn yourself on a hot stove you stupid fanboy piece of shit. I had anticipated Gears 2 more than anything, and I was let down. Granted, Resistance 2 might not have the BEST multiplayer or story ever made, but it CERTAINLY dominated the fuck out of Gears 2. If your that much of a fanboy, at least compare it to one of the few GOOD games that the 360 has... like, uhh... well... not Gears 2 for sure. I would give R2 about an 8 or 9, but since I gotta bring the score back up from the dumbass fanboys, I gotta give it a 10. Expand
  98. anthonyH
    Jun 13, 2009
    this game is just amazing :)
    the campaign is excellent, dynamic gameplay, gorgoues visual graphics, and there is alot of variety of weapons and eneimes. The enviorments are highly detailed, boss battles are amazing.

I don't see how this is a 5.7 out of 10
    you'd be crazy to rate it that low :(

there is alot of creativy, and it sure is just pure fun
  99. PacManPolarBear
    Nov 11, 2008
    A solid FPS on every level. The single player campaign is worth the effort, co-op is great fun and 60 player TDM, oh hells yes.
  100. JasonM.
    Nov 14, 2008
    Given my rating, I pretty much love everything in this game.. so I'll just highlight one of my favorite things about the game: it's scale. Resistance 2 takes scale to a whole new level. Raging Godzilla-sized giants called "Leviathans" in single-player. 60-player matches in competitive multiplayer. And ridiculously frantic firefights in the 8-player co-op, with the occasional Given my rating, I pretty much love everything in this game.. so I'll just highlight one of my favorite things about the game: it's scale. Resistance 2 takes scale to a whole new level. Raging Godzilla-sized giants called "Leviathans" in single-player. 60-player matches in competitive multiplayer. And ridiculously frantic firefights in the 8-player co-op, with the occasional large monster thrown at you. The co-op is very balanced, by the way, which each class having a special ability to be able to help the rest of the team. It's one of the few co-op games that actually stresses teamwork above everything else. So trust me, going into the co-op alone is just a death wish. You'll be swarmed with a BARRAGE (and I mean huge barrage of firepower). Luckily, there's almost always some cover to make your way to. Co-op classes include: *Soldiers*: which carry large gatling guns which has a sheild for use when you press the secondary fire button. *Medics*: Carry a unique weapon that drain the health of enemies. As you drain health, it charges up shots for your secondary fire, which sends out a burst of energy that spreads a short distance and heals allies. But you have to have a full charge before you start healing. And you're limited to 10 charges. *Spec Ops*: Carry a scoped rifle with a three-shot burst and a secondary fire with something that looks like an electric bullet, but slow-moving. The Spec Ops's special ability is to restock others' ammo, though don't expect to throw one to every member of your team. It refills one ammo box if you wait a few seconds, but if you want to do it quickly, you're limited to three before you have to wait for another. The ammo boxes can give medics a free charge and can replenish soldier's sheilds. Also note that you're not restricted to those weapons. As you level up, you earn more abilities and weapons. But the weapons you start out with are almost essential to the team's survival. The co-op is where the polish and balance shines the most. The sum of its parts just show the genius. Expand

The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience.
  2. It succeeds because it doesn’t just try to throw more humans into the same old environments and gameplay. It offers a smart three class system that encourages savvy team-work, an experience meter that builds to enable special attacks and uses levels designed specifically for the mode to maximise the resulting gameplay. It also dynamically shifts the action to take into account the number and skill of players in each game, making for near endless replayability. It’s a hit, pure and simple.
    Resistance 2 is gutsier, it’s gorier, and it’s much, much bigger.