• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Whilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral sceneWhilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral scene (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6736809.stm). Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2010
    the first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . ithe first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . i love carrying a arsenal into battle with me . the story is fairly intresting but will leave you with some question marks . the graphics are ok they are not mind blowing but this is a PS3 launch game. the enimy AI is pretty smart they will ducj and dive for cover or out of the way of your grenades . yjeu will try and suppress you and rush or come at you guns a blazing . the best way you can describe this game is it takes all the cool things done in fps games and hybrids them into one game. that being said its also one of the flaws the game is alot of fun but theres nothing really that seperates it from any thing els . the online also did nothing for me i played it for a few jours and felt no reason to do it again . the story mode was alot of fun though played through it a few times and enjoyed it. Expand
  3. Aug 27, 2010
    It was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. AsIt was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. As for multiplayer, I had not played it, so I cannot comment on that. Expand
  4. Sep 19, 2010
    Resistance Fall of Man (RES) is a good game, no doubt. Above all the features online are perfects, no track of lag or problem. If you play with your friends, RES will conquer you. But the campaign isn't so good as the online: the checkpoints are very very distant and the story doesn't appear so intriguing. But, all things considered, we are talking about a good game.
  5. Oct 19, 2010
    Fantastic game. The single player creates a great story that gives you the sense you are fighting a war you cannot win. However, the game really earns this score due to it's expansive multiplayer. Very balanced gameplay with a large variety of great maps and fun weapons make the online a great experience.
  6. Jan 27, 2012
    Even though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact thatEven though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact that people still play it says something about how popular of a game this is, the best part of the game and the reason you should buy this is for the phenomenal campaign, while the story or characters aren't all that interesting or great, the set pieces are, and it reminds me of older shooters like Doom 3 in the way it manages to be a challenge without ever really feeling overly difficult, maybe a little frustrating in one or two parts but it never felt like the game was trying to work against me, and it helps that they give you one of the best FPS arsenals of all time, and checkpoints are generally very forgiving, especially seeing as how you get full health after you respawn at a checkpoint, and it includes two player local co-op, and new weapons are unlocked after you beat the campaign so that adds reason to play through it twice just to try out the new toys, honestly if your a fan of good challenging shooters then this is a must buy, I highly recommend. Expand
  7. Aug 31, 2011
    Can't stand this game. It has co-op, sure. But waiting THIRTY seconds to respawn?? Come-on... And why doesn't health regenerate EVER? Even on easy this game is extremely hard. Probably harder than any other game on PS3 and I have a lot of games.
  8. Apr 12, 2011
    I played this game for the first time in 2011 and i find it still to be one of the best games on the ps3. Users who play this after the likes of Black Ops will surely whinge about how it can't compare, but in all honesty this game is brilliant. One of the best campaign's ever, cannot wait to play resistance 2 and then 3!
  9. Mar 13, 2011
    this game was pretty good when i played it the first time though but is a chore to go through again and good graphics cant make up for the lack of replay value and there is no one online with this game any more so there is no point in buying it. borrow from a friend or rent it
  10. Jul 10, 2011
    In my fun factor, Resistance is like a rival for Gears of War, i had fun but not blown away. The story is nice, the arsenal weapons are in a large scale. Strong title for the PS3 and also the Halo for the PS3, i;m happy that Sony created a good rival.
  11. Jun 17, 2011
    Good concept and storyline but it's a case of been there done that. Nothing new in this game to separate it from the rest. Worth a play through but wouldn't be going back for more.
  12. Sep 26, 2011
    Auger is the worst weapon idea ever created. Everything about this game (story, gameplay, graphics, sounds/music) felt dated and poorly done even for 2006.
  13. Aug 27, 2011
    Graphics are ok but overall game seems repetitive. AI is a joke, not a great game I guess. Played just the demo though. However, I'll definitely sequel seems much better. Maybe I'll buy the special edition that comes with both games just in case, apparently multiplayer is awesome.... ya right!
  14. Oct 6, 2011
    Granted, this is a launch title and it's now 2011, and we've been spoiled with call of duty and the like, but I found this to be worthy of a 5/10. I won't hate on the story, its the reason I bought it, I love the alternate history stuff. Its the GAMEPLAY. Horrible. Felt cartoonish, slow moving enemy bullets, poor AI animation, useless friendly AI. At no point did I get sucked in, theGranted, this is a launch title and it's now 2011, and we've been spoiled with call of duty and the like, but I found this to be worthy of a 5/10. I won't hate on the story, its the reason I bought it, I love the alternate history stuff. Its the GAMEPLAY. Horrible. Felt cartoonish, slow moving enemy bullets, poor AI animation, useless friendly AI. At no point did I get sucked in, the gunplay was too bad. In COD or nearly any other fps, you get sucked in and forget you're holding a controller. Not here. Ruined a good idea with a VERY mediocre game. :-[ I will play through the rest to play the sequels because I love the idea of this universe so much. Hope the sequels are better. MUCH better. Expand
  15. Dec 18, 2013
    Good fps, has some character to it, looks more then decent and it's fun to use all the different weapons on the variety of enemies. I don't play a lof of fps's but this played well and the controls were good. I liked the healing system as well.
  16. Dec 21, 2013
    I recently completed this game as of the end of 2013. Despite this being an old game, I had a lot of fun playing it. This series has the most unique weapons that are just fun to play with. The guns in other shooters are all the same, so this is a pleasant change of pace.

I really got into the whole universe created here.. I always enjoy a good alternate universe story. The story was a little hard to follow though, and the game dragged on longer than it probably should have. Those are my only gripes with the game though.. All other aspects are well done including graphics and sound. Overall I highly recommend.
  17. Nov 1, 2011
    Game is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. YouGame is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. You cannot give this game a shrug because you will regret it. The multiplayer is a blast! I repeat, a blast! Since its on the PS3's online network, which consists of a much more mature and grown-up audience, not to mention most Resistance players derive from Europe, there are no trollers. And we all hate trolls, whether you are a troll yourself or not. The campaign and multiplayer is a dual combo that will leave you playing this game for weeks. Maybe months. Maybe years, well that is until its sequel comes out. Until then, this game is the game to play! Expand
  18. May 31, 2012
    8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the great Half Life 2. The incredible, versatile, and creative arsenal that you have at your disposal is a blast to play around with. Resistance truly gives the player tools of destruction to blast quickly through hoards of enemies, making each encounter blisteringly fast paced instead of a dull and boring. The most commendable feature of Resistance is the art direction. Aside from the surprisingly sharp graphics (that trump some games of today), the looming Chimeran structures in the distance and the incredible amounts of detail gone into the creatures and world itself is truly astounding. Browns, greys, and blacks fill the color pallet, but I only feel that this is frowned upon due to playing so many other "brown FPS" games in recent years. Insomniac has some brilliantly creative minds. There are times when Resistance begins to tear at the seams, and difficulty spikes near the end prove frustrating and cheap, but Resistance: Fall of Man is a highly polished and exciting FPS that delivers all the intensity, intrigue, and chaos of a top tier FPS. And it's so cheap now, it's almost a crime not to give it a try! Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of theGreat game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of the firefights, and lack of trophy support gives it slightly less replay value. Expand
  20. Jul 21, 2012
    This game was decent, it has no unique story, no special weapons, no cool cut scenes, no great graphics, no nothing special. Seriously, it is not a good game nor a bad one. If you can, just rent the game, finish it and return it. It is short.
  21. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is definitely one of the best fps games I've ever played. Right up there with Halo,Bioshock,Doom, and Medal of honor witch are my favorite fps franchises. Resistance has a huge place in history. Despite graphics not at its best. It was a great game.
  22. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was decent. Fun, but not very appealing. When it first came out it seemed pretty cool, then slowly grew boring and dull. Story just seemed disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it.
  23. Oct 18, 2014
    Gritty, disturbing sci-fi retro themed FPS shooter with an interesting IP and some decent local co-op campaign gameplay. One of the best exclusive series on the PS3 on par with Killzone.
  24. Sep 10, 2014
    Meh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've savedMeh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've saved this game from being below average and scored a 7 or even an 8 from me, but nope, no online. Expand
  25. May 28, 2012
    This game was okay ,nothing special.
  26. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    8.5-Sound; Music is hit or miss, but the voice acting and sound effects are excellent. 10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent. 10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons and modes, and tons to unlock.
    Overall-10/10
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    Pretty generic and can be a little frustrating at times but overall it's a pretty decent experience. Graphics shine when in and around chimera structures, otherwise, they can look pretty bland and ugly. Guns are the highlight of this game and enemy AI are surprisingly smart. At a 8$ price tag, i recommend it.
  28. Jan 22, 2014
    Resistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fightingResistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fighting against aliens and that is something I really like.

The story is fantastic and well imagined, and there is a big alternate history background to it, the Russian Revolution fails so there is no Communism or Soviet Union, the first World War plays out differently and so World War II never happened. Also, Russia closes it's borders in 1921 and is still an empire; still ruled by Tsar as the aliens take over the massive country and there are a load of other historical changes as well. You should read the whole fictional history on Resistance Wiki.

The story is narrated by a female soldier called Rachel Parker, telling you about what's happening, what goes on and what happened, and you get to see photos of events shown in no colour, making it look more realistic, of course they are a bit too blurred and unclear though.

The weapons are very good, and there are skill-points similar to Ratchet & Clank, it's just stupid that Insomniac didn't do any trophies to this game. The NPC soldiers beside you are OK... depending on the difficulty and there are times where they are terrible and barely fight the aliens which does bring down the game at times, and there are times where they fight and kill the enemies. I just don't understand why people can make up smart enemies but not NPC allies around you.

The story in this game in single player is about Europe being invaded and overrun by frightening aliens and eventually invading Britain, and they came out of Russia. The US and British forces come together to fight off and drive the Chimera out of Britain. You are Nathan Hale and you partake in the fight for Britain as you fight along soldiers or alone a lot of the time.

As for the multiplayer, I never went online on the Ps3 until recently and I like it so much, sadly, because this is an old game, nobody plays it and when I get into servers, whoever makes up the server puts on stupid settings like 1 shot kill and takes away much of the weapons, I don't understand why they want to do that, whoever hosts the games. They are custom and not ranked though, you can't get any ranked games now. Playing 40 player battles would be enjoyable, but it's too late for that now. But I am not judging or rating this game by today's standards.

This game has a very good feel to me and an engaging story which may leave you with questions such as how this all happened, what happens to Britain and western Europe after, what happened to Europe during the invasion and what happened to Russia. I just absolutely wish Resistance was made in this generation, right now, rather than 7 years ago, I would love this game to have really realistic graphics like other games, and much better A.I. Resistance is not flawless, but it has a fantastic setup, but sadly, its sequels were poorly handled and has lots of problems.
  29. Feb 10, 2013
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version: The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version:
    The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things interesting: some were very battle-action-oriented, and others were more creepy and tense. Then the developers made a great game into a super-awesome game by including unlimited weapons, vehicle segments, health packs, split-screen co-op (rare these days), and 4-way split-screen multiplayer (ultra-rare). And the soundtrack is excellent and fits the game perfectly with its militaristic sci-fi vibe! This is the game that got me back into FPS gaming.
  30. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the gameThis game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the game which are sort of boring I suppose. Nathan Hale isn't very interesting here and some levels aren't designed well. A good game but not brilliant Expand
  31. May 27, 2013
    This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns.This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns. The story is the standard the aliens are taking over the world story and the person you play as have a strange connection to them that we all know so well. So what makes me give it a 7 out of 10? Well, the atmosphere is very good. In the game there is some levels where you are alone. And the dark corridors and creepy music fits the game very well at those points of the game... Actually the music and the atmospher just fits the game in general. And the enemy variation is great. I loved and still love how there suddenly comes a new enemy out you've never seen before and have to kill. There was some awesome scary moments where some slow enemys could come up behind you and jump in your face. But i did also feel that there was to few if them. One of the things i loved most of the game was that there was a coop mode. So you could play the cool campaing with one of your friends. There is also a multiplayer mode but it is not really that good. It was just to out dated. But i did love playing vs mode with my friends. Pretty much multiplayer just only with you and your friends. Expand
  32. Jun 9, 2013
    As no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishlyAs no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishly comedic and cartoony overworld. This game is Resistance Fall of Man and it kicks serious human/alien hybrid butt! Hats off to Insomniac for having the versatility and skill to step outside their comfort zone of colorful characters and sarcastic one liners set in an E rated third person world to go with something a little more dark, a little more adult. In terms of setting and characters Resistance is the antithesis of Ratchet and Clank, it is a gloomy albeit spectacular setting splashed with a fittingly washed out color pallet of grey and greyer. The world is beautifully ugly with its war torn colorless version of alternate history WWII England. The art direction while mired by some wonderfully depicts the bleak desperateness of war with crumbling buildings, dilapidated 1940's cars lining the streets, and vicious alien hybrids snarling about. Yes, a wonderfully rendered and possibly the best alternate history WWII setting ever created. With a frighteningly scary and ferocious antagonist dubbed (the Chimera) an alien/human hybrid originating from a virus within the walls of a fictional Russia finally breaking out after a ten year incubation period and deadset on devouring europe. These fierce enemies are daunting and numerous while physically imposing they stand seven feet tall with claws and razor sharp teeth, all this with the adeptness to accurately shoot superior weaponry, organize, and sometimes even out think their opponents. The Chimera shine as an all time foe with advanced AI and a varied attack from flanking to simply rushing the opponent with the ferocity of an angry, drunken ex husband. These killing machines come in many different sub species each designed to excel in different areas offering a multitude of ways to kill you. You are the protagonist American soldier and soon to be legend Nathan Hale and you are a badass. Hale is a great character though a little stiff and lacking emotion those are likely traits one would need to survive in that hell. Early into the game a great plot twist arises as you become the sole survivor. Hale is supported in battle by a bastion of nondescript british soldiers who ultimately become human target practice. In contrast his allies shine in a feisty british army captain who teams with Hale in many of the games missions but the real star is Rachel Parker. As british intelligence Rachel Parker narrates the entirety of the game as if she is telling a vaunted story. With a beautifully accented voice and convincing dialogue she also appears in many cutscenes and steals the show.The single player is paced well and comes in at a respectable ten plus hours with few huge boss fights but many mini boss fights. The combat is fast and aggressive and starkly different from Gears of War style fps's with much of the games cover at least semi destructable, and dont take cover behind cars for too long as they will eventually blow up. Surely Insomniac has influenced a generation of developers with the amazing weapon creativity and pure funness they are to weild with new deadlier and weirder guns which can only be found in multiple play throughs As well the game boasts a Ratchet e Clank type skill point system where you are rewarded for completing a variety of objectives from killing enemies with a certain gun to finding all 37 intel items to turning foes into meat cubes.It also includes a 12 gun weapon wheel letting you carry a small armory with you which is needless to say awsome considering just how cool these weapons are, and you will need them all as they are all unique.This game is not a typical WWII fps or a sterile Halo game, it has realism and truly interesting subject matter unlike the steriod infused fun but rather ungripping tale that is Gears of War. It is more interesting than Call of Duty and has a MUCH better gun arsenal than any of them. Besides one gun in Gears of War all other AAA FPS guns pale in comparison to most of the Resistance guns. If you claim to be a ps3 fan it should have been a day1 buy. The multiplayer is solid and lag free and supports great perks as well as on or offline coop. 9.75/10 for originality and interesting subject matter, great innovative guns, satisfying art direction, great voice acting, tight gun play, fun skill point system, replayability, and well conceived multiplayer. This game is timeless and will hold up in any generation congrats to Insomniac for flipping the script on us and crafting a great new IP and creating a new fascinating world of fiction. Expand
  33. Sep 29, 2013
    "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en"Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en primera persona tipo "Killzone". Expand
  34. May 30, 2014
    If you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodiesIf you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodies such as concept art. While the M.P. may be gone forever, the offline M.P. and offline cooperative mode for campaign are both worth a purchase. Resistance: Fall of Man is one of the best first-person shooters of all time. Expand
  35. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 7 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  36. Jul 20, 2014
    Resistance :FOM is a nice FPS, nothing more, nothing less. It contains cliches, and some of the levels are very repetitive, some interior elements are seen over and over, but its a good experience all-together.
  37. Jul 1, 2014
    I think I played this one too late, the voice acting and story felt very cheesy and the visuals were pretty bad too. I liked the premise of an alien attack during World War 2 and shooting around was a lot of fun (especially with a friend) for a while but things got boring pretty quickly for me.

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.