• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. LuizO.
    Jun 2, 2008
    The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my scores: Graphics:8.0 The game looks gorgeous, I'd say it really shows the PS2 and the XBox are in an old generation of consoles, but it turns out that it is also far from using the full power of the PS3. The expressions on Nathan Hale's face are not really involving, for a guy who is going through some really had times, he lacks some personality in his expressions. The colors in the game are pale, giving it a gloomy feel that you would expect in a game picturing a war in England during the 50's, it really makes you feel like you are in seeing images from the past, just brilliant. The models for the weapons, the chimera, the vehicles, the buildings and the other environmental stuff are very well rendered and detailed, there is a part of the game where it is snowing, if you spin around, you will really get a very nice sense of relative movement. One thing that was really bad is that while playing, your character is not a fully rendered body, but just a gun and and a hand, you might be asking, how did I noticed that if the game is in first person, well try to find a corner than look all the way down, you will understand. Story: 9.0 This is the best part, because during the entire game they keep showing you bits and peaces of a whole, that you will still be unaware in the end of the game. This gives them a lot of ground to work on more titles that unfold the real background behind the chimera. Even though the animations of Hale look too plain and without feeling, it's Rachel who tells the story, with her very truthful British accent and emotion enough for you to forget about the rest. The story makes you want go through the game just to see how it will turn out and leaves you wanting to know the answers to a lot of questions. As this is a franchise, this is actually a good thing. Sound: 7.5 The battle field does sound like it should and the quiet areas to, what it does bad is that if you step slowly on a surface it will make the same noise as if you were jumping. While this is great to give you the scares if you are trying sneak in quiet scenarios, it detracts a lot from the realism you expect in the sound of today games. The surround sound works well, but it's just a good sounding game, not great, not superb, not perfect. Gameplay: 8.5 Fun, rewarding and fast paced. I am not super into FPS games, I'm more of a sneaking kind of guy, but in Resistance, I have to admit that I really enjoyed going berserk at the times the game forced me to. If you, on the other hand, love to go crazy shooting all that moves, you will love this game, specially because friendly fire is ON. The AI is great at times, the enemies will take cover when under fire and will attack you with grenades while you are under cover, but there are many times when you are able to shoot a chimera slowly to death without seeing any sort of reaction. Some chimera have different behavior, being more aggressive and visceral, trying to attack you no matter what, these are the best times to use your good and old shotgun. When playing coop, the game does some funny (weird) stuff, as it is check point triggered, when you hit a check point area, the game will force your buddy there by teleporting him there and as the campaign is the same as the single player, only in vertical split screen mode, the game totally ignores the other character, story wise, as if he never existed. Generally, if you are covered, you don't have to worry about enemies shooting at you, unless they guys are shooting with a weapon called Auger, which can go through anything. This really adds to the game play, forcing you take action instead of hiding when you have these kinds of enemies around. Sniping is just great, with special headshot animations and a special effect that I will not spoil here. There is also different animations when you kill them by shooting their legs, the effect is really good. One other problem I noticed, is that you cannot hold the grenade for a while to maximize the damage, but at the same time it was cool to see chimeras jumping away in order to scape my grenades. I wish Hale could do that too. There are lots of unlockables in the game which became available (you get a message on scree) when you accomplish certain things, too bad trophies are yet to come. Interactivity: 7.0 Yeah, I can play PS2 games where I go through vegetation or other things without it moving, but on the PS3... sorry guys, I want you to animate the environment, it could be a simple animation like the ones we had in Metal Gear Solid 3, but yes, I want the environment to interact with me, when I throw an RPG in a wall, it is ok with me if it doesn't collapse, but I need it to show some damage. I really hope to see a game where you can shoot a tree to make it fall over a house giving you an alternative way to access another area of the map without making the game a sandbox. Multiplayer: 7.5 The offline campaign is super fun to play with a friend, even though, as I already said, the game pretends Nathan's friend is not there, but the choice of making it Vertical splitscreen wasn't really for my taste, I know this is a compromise, either horizontal or vertical, you will end up loosing area, but I personally rather see my enemies than a little bit more of the sky. On the online part, it is a lot like Quake, you got a good variety of weapons, energy packs, ammo... and many guys to shoot but I have to tell you, I was destroyed in the matches I've participated, so it wasn't really fun for me. Expand
  2. IndiS.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about this game download the demo from the PlayStation store and see how you feel about this game. Expand
  3. MarkK.
    Apr 29, 2007
    A truly engaging game, driven with quite a well narrated story. While I thought Gears of War was better all-round, Resistance outshone it in the narrative and did a good job of establishing an identity that hopefully will develop with a sequel. Recommended wholeheartedly.
  4. DanB
    May 3, 2007
    This is way more enjoyable (and varied) than say, Gears of Bore or Halo 2. Some of the graphics are superb and multiplayer is awesome. The PS3 is running this without breaking a sweat too!! Consider that its a launch title (think the forgettable Perfect Dark Z) and imagine what Resistance 2 is going to be like.......buy this now.........
  5. VersemS.
    Jun 26, 2007
    This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS and once you begin you can find yourself playing for hours. Expand
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    In my fun factor, Resistance is like a rival for Gears of War, i had fun but not blown away. The story is nice, the arsenal weapons are in a large scale. Strong title for the PS3 and also the Halo for the PS3, i;m happy that Sony created a good rival.
  7. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is definitely one of the best fps games I've ever played. Right up there with Halo,Bioshock,Doom, and Medal of honor witch are my favorite fps franchises. Resistance has a huge place in history. Despite graphics not at its best. It was a great game.
  8. JoeT.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  9. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was decent. Fun, but not very appealing. When it first came out it seemed pretty cool, then slowly grew boring and dull. Story just seemed disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it.
  10. Timski
    Apr 2, 2007
    Look, Xbox360 is old news. This game kicks ass on a machine that doesn't sound like a hoover when running. Live with it.
  11. schlittmehr
    Sep 14, 2008
    I really dont understand how this game can have a higher user rating than a game like gta 4! Its not a bad game, but what it is is very average, people sometimes put it on a par with halo 3, which i would agree with, but then halo 3 is really very average too! Resistance is a mediocre fps in a sea of mediocre fps's, i wont say it wasnt worth the money, but thats mainly because i only I really dont understand how this game can have a higher user rating than a game like gta 4! Its not a bad game, but what it is is very average, people sometimes put it on a par with halo 3, which i would agree with, but then halo 3 is really very average too! Resistance is a mediocre fps in a sea of mediocre fps's, i wont say it wasnt worth the money, but thats mainly because i only spent 18 quid on it! The gameplay has some nice moments, and the addition of 2 player coop is helpful as its something lacking in other fps titles. Expand
  12. JoelC.
    Nov 29, 2006
    This game blows. The PS3 is overpriced, and not selling well at all. Sony really screwed up this generation of consoles. Too bad, the PS2 was great. I've played this game and can't see any reason to spend $600 on junk for a machine. Hey Sony, try thinking outside the box and innovating, not copying. Get the Wii folks, I've never had so much fun in gaming.
  13. Aug 27, 2011
    Graphics are ok but overall game seems repetitive. AI is a joke, not a great game I guess. Played just the demo though. However, I'll definitely sequel seems much better. Maybe I'll buy the special edition that comes with both games just in case, apparently multiplayer is awesome.... ya right!
  14. Sep 26, 2011
    Auger is the worst weapon idea ever created. Everything about this game (story, gameplay, graphics, sounds/music) felt dated and poorly done even for 2006.
  15. MarcF.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game is very repetitive. playstation 3 is really going down the tubes if this is the killer app. i see a lot of fanboys giving it a 10, but i really do not think it deserves anywhere near that score, even as a ps3 owner. you guys need to wake up and play the good games out there. get halo 3, gears of war, the orange box, graw 2, lost planet, oblivion, dead rising, crackdown, the outfit. try something original, this game is stale, and mutliplayer is lame. ok 40 players but it sucks. from personal experience, if youre a serious gamer looking to pick up a console, save your money and get a 360 cuz theres no good multiplayer gaems out on the ps3 yet. and the unified friends list / achievements across all games seal the deal. my 2 cents. Expand
  16. Fboyguy
    Feb 7, 2007
    This game is a disgrace why because it tries to be like half life,gears of war,doom 3 and return to castle wolfenstein and fails terribly.The only reason sony put out this game is because they wanted to beat gears of war and the xbox 360 but the 360 has already beat theps3 in the console wars because of its technology and games,also this game is the only one exclusivly for the ps3 that isThis game is a disgrace why because it tries to be like half life,gears of war,doom 3 and return to castle wolfenstein and fails terribly.The only reason sony put out this game is because they wanted to beat gears of war and the xbox 360 but the 360 has already beat theps3 in the console wars because of its technology and games,also this game is the only one exclusivly for the ps3 that is getting good reviews but its not winning any awards ,Look at gears of war its won alot of awards game of the year,best action,and also best graphics but this game looks like it could be on the ps2.Overall dont buy the ps3 because of this game or metal gear solid 4 either because this game is coming out on the pc in march with the same graphics and the same gameplay and mgs4 is going to come out on the xbox 360 bout a year after it comes out on the ps3 and the xbox360 version will have extras on it so save some money and dont buy the ps3 and get a xbox 360 it has gears of war,oblivion,mass effect,fable2,and assasins creed which is also coming out on the ps3 but the xbox 360 version will be better.Trust me.DONT BUY A PS3! Expand
  17. Bear
    Mar 23, 2007
    Average, average, average. Does nothing to move this most stagnant of genres forwards. All the PlayStation worshiping casual gamers will think it's the second coming, but it really is lagging behind many of the big-name shooters we've seen over the past few years.
  18. LiboW.
    Mar 5, 2007
    My opinion may not do the ENTIRE game justice, but just playing it for 2 days at my friend's house, the game gave me a mediocre "another-one-of-those" FPS feelings (like how prey used innovative weapons and gravity but still fell short). The only reason I'm voting here is that, there's something very fishy about these grammatically correct, perfectly capitalized, My opinion may not do the ENTIRE game justice, but just playing it for 2 days at my friend's house, the game gave me a mediocre "another-one-of-those" FPS feelings (like how prey used innovative weapons and gravity but still fell short). The only reason I'm voting here is that, there's something very fishy about these grammatically correct, perfectly capitalized, back-of-the-box descriptive "reviews". Smells of SCEA.... Expand
  19. TonyM
    Mar 18, 2008
    The game is not worth getting, the graphics are alright and so is the plot but the AI is so dumb that it is an insult calling them AI, the flashlight is quite annoying and there is a massive similarity with Half Life 2, Gears of war, Quake 4 and Doom 3(which are all way better than this). The multiplayer is quite bad with really random maps with pointless designs
  20. PeterW.
    Nov 20, 2006
    The graphics are mediocre at best and the game play was not very interesting.
  21. JohnC.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Well, well, a tru next-generation game - NOT! Lame, basic FPS and short, too short!!! Is The awsome media format - the Blu-Ray - needed for a game of this extent ???
    And Sony fanatics, don't really have much shame anymore, saying that the game uses only 1% of the machine ??? NExt time they'll be sayng one doesn't need to turn on the power...
    Shesh...!
  22. JacoboT.
    Dec 18, 2007
    This game is horrible. Nothing makes it stand out. It pales in comparison to most FPS's. Its graphics are nothing special. this is a reason not to buy a PS3, Gears of War is much better than Resistance: Fall of Man, graphicly and 150% gameplay. I expected more from this game, but it sucked, not even worth renting.
  23. SamH.
    Dec 23, 2007
    I was extremely sad when i got home after paying £45!!!! for this peice of junk. it was truely awful and i hated every moment. the graphics are very ordinary and the art is dull , even on my 1080p 40 inch samsung. most people who think this game is good should play gears of war or halo 3 , they make this shooter seem so ordinary in all ways possible.
  24. SonytheGreatBetrayer
    Jan 6, 2007
    All my frined went out and payed a butt load on the PS3. I've played this game a lot, and I've had time to think. Not at all the "must have" title for a PS3. In fact a PS3 isn't a "must have" right now. The Wii's just fun and 360 has Gears, Ranbow 6 LV, and more. Buy a Wii or a 360.
  25. ChuckieA.
    Feb 14, 2007
    I recently finished the entire game & felt very Satisfied to what it had to offer, then i tried the online play. WOW!!! Incredible!! I could not tell you how amazing it is to play against 40 other players at once, you have to see for yourself.
  26. CharafB.
    Aug 17, 2008
    This game sucks really soo much that when i taught that this would be good game in shop but in home i tested it and graphics look really bad no good textures and sad multiplayer so i didnt like it.only good thing was the sounds in game i liked them but all the other was so bad that i bought xbox360 and halo 3 and i think their much better .
  27. TonyF.
    Nov 28, 2006
    Very Dissappointing Game. Expected good graphics and gameplay. But got neither
  28. CliffgayB.
    Nov 29, 2006
    The game didn't live up to the hype. I would rather go play my 360 and play call of duty for the original xbox. Or maybe even some Fuzion Frenzy cause this game is horrible and don't waste your money.
  29. AtomHeart
    Dec 1, 2006
    As the supposed premier (and only...) launch game for the PS3, this is a mediocre game and with that a colossal dissapointment.
  30. Pete
    Nov 24, 2007
    It's "Gears of War-lite" for all you sony fanboys.
  31. Aug 11, 2010
    Whilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral sceneWhilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral scene (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6736809.stm). Collapse

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.