Rise of the Argonauts PlayStation 3

7.3

1. Jan 14, 2011
    The art style of Rise of the Argonauts is unique, characters have depth and personality, lore, narrative, dialogues and story are far from all the cliches we find in most games. The way they used the source material and mythology is interesting and original, the mix between RPG and Action/Adventure can be surprisingly fun and pleasant for players who like both styles, unfortunately theThe art style of Rise of the Argonauts is unique, characters have depth and personality, lore, narrative, dialogues and story are far from all the cliches we find in most games. The way they used the source material and mythology is interesting and original, the mix between RPG and Action/Adventure can be surprisingly fun and pleasant for players who like both styles, unfortunately the Action/Adventure moments are not on par with huge productions like God of War series and the RPG elements are not the most deep or complex on the market, but this game still has a lot of merit with the mix of both styles and the presentation of an epic, interesting, deep and unique mythological journey. The game has not the polish of bigger productions with bigger budges on their back, but with a pretty nice and deep story, interesting and charismatic characters, expressive atmosphere and pleasant gameplay, Rise of the Argonauts is for sure a game with a lot of "heart and soul" . Expand
  2. JIMMYDAVIS
    Feb 8, 2009
    I LIKE WHAT I`VE SEEN SO FAR APART FROM THE GRAPHICS WHICH COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER BUT SOME OF THE BEST GAMES OF PLAYED HAVE NOT BEEN VISOULY PERFECT. IT`S A GOOD ACTION RPG AND ITS WELL WORTH A LOOK AND DONT LISTEN TO THESE SO CALLED GAME EXPERTS THERE GEEKS AND ITS BOUT TIME 1 OF THEM MADE A GAME A?
  3. Jan 4, 2015
    Rise of The Argonauts is not greatest looking game for graphics but it does still look great at times in it's art design. I think many critics panned this game because of the games heavy focus on story,character interaction and at times the need for investigating some quests to complete them.

The game has it has it's share of action and the combat is fun but this is not an action focused game. The unique exp/leveling up system based on devoting deeds to certain gods to unlock talents and abilities is both quite original and rewarding.
  4. stevenshanks
    Dec 29, 2008
    Dont know why this game is getting such low reviews. This is one of the best rpgs I have played in a while. The plot is epic, the battles are fun, and the amount of dialogue is massive reminding me of old school rpgs like ultima V where you needed to talk to everyone in the town to obtain quests and advance the story. Great game!
  5. KritUnhawat
    Dec 18, 2008
    I picked up the game yesterday (the release date). I was so looking forward for this game. my feed back? this game is the worst game I played in a long time. Far worse than that over hyped GTA4, in my oppinion. game contorl are off, boring story telling, the graphic that bugs your eyes, the cut scenes which are worse than the last gen. FF7 on PS1 even has better looking cut scenes thanI picked up the game yesterday (the release date). I was so looking forward for this game. my feed back? this game is the worst game I played in a long time. Far worse than that over hyped GTA4, in my oppinion. game contorl are off, boring story telling, the graphic that bugs your eyes, the cut scenes which are worse than the last gen. FF7 on PS1 even has better looking cut scenes than this game. WHY DID YOU MESS THIS UP CODEMASTER!!!!!??? Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2013
    Not so bad at all. It's not a beautiful game but the world design is good. It's not really an rpg, it's an action game. The battles are fun and there's a lot of story and dialogue. The story and dialogue are... decent.

1. Rise of the Argonauts has its share of flaws, nevertheless it really draws you into a compelling storyline of glory and romance. The combat system appears to be very simplistic but actually offers fresh new combos and a very decent RPG-system. The conversations between Jason and his Argonauts are interesting enough, even though the game sometimes offers you voice samples that are hard to understand. Add gameplay that offers less freedom than your average prison, a lack of a decent HUD and some minor bugs and you'll get a game that needs some courage to be played.
    Absolutely nothing about Rise of the Argonauts stands out as special, and just when you think the game's about to take a turn for the better (at least in terms of reworking the Jason and the Argonauts story), its fundamental and technical problems -- including some annoying loading times in the Xbox 360 version -- bring it way back down.
    The problem is how the game's put together – so much has been stripped from what we traditionally think of as an RPG and an action game that the result feels like an awkward, neutered hybrid bloated by hours and hours of static dialogue sequences.