6.3

1. Aug 20, 2013
    Saints Row the third with super powers

whole review nothing else needed to be said i guess i'm in the minority of people who don't like the super powers and thinks they should of been kept as DLC not the main focus of the game, and the world is almost exactly the same only updated a little to accommodate super powers don't get me wrong the super powers are fun but i did not want
    Saints Row the third with super powers

whole review

don't get me wrong the super powers are fun but i did not want that as the whole game i might as well go play infamous which does it better and is more original
  2. Sep 8, 2013
    The game is awful, looks exactly the same as previous game. So many bugs. The game is lazy and awful, worst game of the year, a huge letdown. The game is so lazy, a car in SR3 was implemented into SR4 but it wasn't a police car in SR4, and it still had the sirens. The series had an awful last game, they should've kept making them like they made SR2.
  3. Aug 22, 2013
    Devs sure got lazy with this game. They basically used the same assets and added a little bit. They should have made this a DLC for third. What a disappointment
  4. Aug 29, 2013
    SR3 big addon. The end. The end. Mmmm let me seee...the end. And why they ask 59$ for this addon? For superpowers? Its become frustrating after 20 min. It was only for 150 characters but in true first 5 words The end
  5. Sep 1, 2013
    When I started this game, I was laughing. Laughing at the funny gags, the over the top story and the funny game play elements that have been introduced into this Saints Row. I was enjoying myself.
    But gradually, the laughter stopped. I managed to scrape my way through about 6 of the main campaign missions. Once I looked past the humor, I began to see the true nature of this game. It's a mess, a mess that is uncomfortable to play. And gradually becomes more uncomfortable as you go. For example, upgrading your jump ability to max makes it cumbersome to jump up small buildings because a slight tap will send you way up into the sky. This part in particular isn't a deal breaker, but little things like this coupled with an inconsistent and borderline unplayable frame rate combine to make a game that looks like fun to play, but really isn't. I recommend avoiding this game on the PS3, if you must get it, the PC version is apparently a lot better.
  6. Sep 2, 2013
    This was my very first time playing Saints Row. The only thing good about this game is the in game music. The graphics are terrible. Anything 2 feet past your character looks like a blurred mess which made your in game immersion terrible. But the frames per second is what makes the game almost unplayable. Any action on the screen and your fps dips to 10-15.
  7. Oct 15, 2013
    this game is not good at all. saints row with super powers wreck the whole game. if u played saints row 1 and 2 you would agree that it is way better than saints row iv
  8. Aug 20, 2013
    I believe this game title will further prove the review industry to be biased. If only there were a review site that purchased their own games 100% of the time and weren't afraid to be truthful. Let's be honest, this game is yet another wash by the publisher "Deep Silver", a house that does little more than invest in failing game titles breathing lackluster life into them and pumping themI believe this game title will further prove the review industry to be biased. If only there were a review site that purchased their own games 100% of the time and weren't afraid to be truthful. Let's be honest, this game is yet another wash by the publisher "Deep Silver", a house that does little more than invest in failing game titles breathing lackluster life into them and pumping them full of hype long enough to gather the attention of the masses for some quick cash. The company purchase of this title is the single and only reason it's a "full priced game" and not an expansion to the 'recently' released previous installment.

That all said, the game isn't "bad", it's just not good enough for a full priced game. If you're a professional reviewer with a free copy, a higher rating might be appropriate. If you're paying for the game yourself, you will want to deeply consider waiting until customer reviews result the the more than obvious future for this game in the bargain bin. Especially if you already own Prototype 2 which this game mechanically ripps off on almost every level.

Ultimately, the score is cut in half due to the fact that it's a "full priced release" rather than a "DLC". Then using a scale of 1-5 the game itself would rest at a mediocre copy of other titles, combine into one immature blast'em game with zero skill or challenge required. a score of 2 for an "alright" waste of time.

Horrible story. Lackluster "new design" that copies almost everything from the previous title and/or other games you probably already own. Should have been DLC of SRthe3rd.
  9. Aug 21, 2013
    Absurdity, excessive clowning.
    Same components of appearance like in 3rd. Ah, no! Tights clown clothes and as weapon! Shooting this time! Cheers.
    You could set not serious price for such not serious game then.
  10. Aug 25, 2013
    Saints Row 3 was an amazing game. It challenged your skills and your morals, in what amounted to R(almost X) rated encounters.
    Saints Row 4 is a lame twist on SR3 and adds nothing. Its like when Hollywood takes great movies and makes lame sequels with the excuse that they are expanding the appeal, reaching out to new markets, etc....
    The gameplay is more reminiscent of Jak and
    The gameplay is more reminiscent of Jak and Daxter(from 10 years ago You jump and run, trying to keep catching glowy things all around.
    The $59, plus $9(season pass), is simply not worth it.
  11. Sep 24, 2014
    I agree with the person who said if you've played Saints Row the Third, then this is a huge step down an disappointment. What I expected was something even better, not spending time in a virtual reality within a game. It's a video game-it shouldn't be a video game within a video game. It is boring and just not enjoyable, even if you don't compare it to the previous title. Would not recommend.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 27, 2013
    Luckily the game's biggest strengths still hold up well, namely the armory of wicked crazy weapons, the variety of goofy enemies to fight - from Deckers to Matriarchs - and the absolute freedom to do whatever the hell you want to. [September p. 68]
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    If you believe that the world of Saints Row has been missing things like telekinesis, giant mechs, and cartoonish megalomaniacs, wait until this year’s Christmas sales. The discounted price will better reflect the cheap nature of this «sequel».
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    If you want good fun, Saints Row IV is the right choice.