Silent Hill: Homecoming PlayStation 3

6.9

1. Jul 18, 2016
    No merece el 10 y está muy por debajo de Silent Hill 2, al cual en parte pretende emular. Su mayor problema es recurrir a iconos y aspectos del film. Graficamente muy justo, aunque no luce mal. Desarrollo excesivamente lineal. Pese a ello, un juego es una buena experiencia y divierte para terminarlo al menos una vez.
  2. Jul 12, 2015
    If you're looking for a game that is both creepy and unsettling, look no further then the Silent Hill series. Every game has something unique to offer to the series and Homecoming is no different. Offering a new combat system and streamlined controls. Throwing away tank controls does do some harm to the atmosphere the game is trying to create, but there are still genuine creepy moments.If you're looking for a game that is both creepy and unsettling, look no further then the Silent Hill series. Every game has something unique to offer to the series and Homecoming is no different. Offering a new combat system and streamlined controls. Throwing away tank controls does do some harm to the atmosphere the game is trying to create, but there are still genuine creepy moments. Make no mistake, running away from a fight is still your best option, when you can take it. Most of the monsters are no push over, and down right ferocious. If giving the chance they will kill Alex without any problem. The boss fights, on the other hand, where disappointing and offered little to no challenge at all. Including the final boss, which only succeeds in being disgusting.

The story isn't the strongest the series has to offer, but for what it is, it's good. And if you've played Silent Hill 2, you should be able to figure out the twist at the end. Though, a lot of the characters needed more time to develop. We barely learn anything about the antagonists of the game, and there are even two throw away characters that only exist to move the story forward. And really Pyramid Head had no reason being in the game. He was only there to remind the player of Silent Hill 2. Still, as a character study, it works. The game only wishes to focus on Alex's quest to find his brother, and that's mainly what the game focuses on.

The game looks scary in it's own way, in that the eyes on character models don't always match up with where they are looking. But the fog from previous games is still there and it does help to create an atmosphere that can at times be unsettling. There are also two different kinds of settings in the game. There is the normal world and the hell world. The normal world is the foggy city we've all come to know and understand. The hell world is something taking right out of an H. P. Lovecraft novel, and I like it. The difference between the two couldn't contrast more than it does. And the game loves to switch between them constantly, bringing a caution with every building you enter. In the end, if you enjoy the visuals of Silent Hill then you will enjoy the way this game looks.

Silent Hill: Homecoming is a somewhat underrated game. It's controls are a much needed improvement for the series, allowing a much wider audience to join in to the experience of the series.
  3. Jul 11, 2015
    My favorite survival horror series. This may not live up to the previous installments' standards in terms of story depth, scary atmosphere and other story elements but the simplicity made the game enjoyable yet felt short. Lacking in Post-Game things. Yeah. Silent Hill Series needs new tricks beside the fog and music. It's getting way too old.
  4. Dec 9, 2014
    Even with a dramatically improved fighting system over the previous games in the series it keeps the fear up by making encounters more dangerous than ever. Unfortunately it feels more like a imitator than an actual Silent Hill game.
  5. Aug 20, 2013
    the game is not bad but it was not good as well the plot is not good and predictable and the graphics are not good game play at some times was really boring not bad and not good
  6. Oct 17, 2012
    "Silent Hill: Homecoming" is the least satisfying in the series. Developed by Double Helix Games (an American company), it lacks the unique and bizarre atmospheres of previous entries. As a result, this "Silent Hill" feels unimaginative and even flat at times. Yet, while it doesn't live up to the series' standards, the game still manages to deliver a few goose bumps. This is mainly due to"Silent Hill: Homecoming" is the least satisfying in the series. Developed by Double Helix Games (an American company), it lacks the unique and bizarre atmospheres of previous entries. As a result, this "Silent Hill" feels unimaginative and even flat at times. Yet, while it doesn't live up to the series' standards, the game still manages to deliver a few goose bumps. This is mainly due to the game's pacing and story elements. "Homecoming" has a strong premise and stays true to the original concept. That's why it ultimately works despite the clumsy combat and generic locations. The subtitle is a reference to the return of its protagonist, a war veteran named Alex Shephard. Alex has reoccuring nightmares of his younger brother in serious trouble. So he is absolutely horrified when he returns home only to discover that his brother is missing. Not only that, but the town itself (Shephard's Glen) seems to be plagued by a supernatural evil. As Alex searches for his missing sibling, the town around him changes in appearance much like it did in the 2006 "Silent Hill" movie. Pyramid Head from "Silent Hill 2" returns, but the rest of the creatures are rather tepid in appearance. This is an almost generic entry in terms of level and creature design. "Silent Hill: Homecoming" may not be a revolutionary title but I sort of liked it despite itself. Double Helix provides enough creepy stuff to satisfy horror fans. And Akira Yamaoka's haunting score enhances the tone brilliantly. Expand
  7. Aug 28, 2012
    I am really just starting the game and so far I love it, at the end of the day I want to have a good storyline, good graphics and I want to be scared and SHH delivers.
  8. Jun 1, 2012
    BUGS! BUGS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!1 I'm gonna say up front there are game breaking glitches all over this damn game, it should not have been released with so little QA testing. That aside it's a somewhat enjoyable experience, the story is decent, the combat is damn fun every encounter with a enemy gives me a sensation like I'm boxing it's hilarious. The visuals are the best in the seriesBUGS! BUGS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!1 I'm gonna say up front there are game breaking glitches all over this damn game, it should not have been released with so little QA testing. That aside it's a somewhat enjoyable experience, the story is decent, the combat is damn fun every encounter with a enemy gives me a sensation like I'm boxing it's hilarious. The visuals are the best in the series rightfully so as the first title on 7th generation console, enemy's are fascinating oddities as well. Buy this for $20 and read up on game breaking bug sections(and save often in a couple slots) and you won't get hit with buyer's remorse. Expand
  9. May 18, 2012
    this was an alright game. I found myself at times getting dizzy running in circles, because you never knew 'which was the right direction to go, or trying to finding stuff. This game didn't really scare me, but I respect the spook feel to it. I wish there was more diverse monsters, but that's the only complaint I have. Game wasn't that entertaining, but it didn't' suck at all.
  10. Apr 21, 2012
    Silent hill homecoming gets bashed a lot but..... I for one felt that the game was a great addition to the franchise. It still had the atmosphere silent hill is know for and the otherworld is still crazy as **** It's fairly cheap now so go ahead and buy it it's only 20 bucks. If you hate it bring it back to whatever store you bought it from and get your money back if you're that worriedSilent hill homecoming gets bashed a lot but..... I for one felt that the game was a great addition to the franchise. It still had the atmosphere silent hill is know for and the otherworld is still crazy as **** It's fairly cheap now so go ahead and buy it it's only 20 bucks. If you hate it bring it back to whatever store you bought it from and get your money back if you're that worried about 20bucks Expand
  11. Mar 28, 2012
    I like the protagonist and thought the storyline was interesting and well done. Unfortunately, I couldn't complete this game. I would have appreciated an Easy Mode since I never really mastered dodging. I dont have much free time, so I really don't feel like starting this game all over until I can run through the game well enough to get past the sewers. Anyway I just watched the restI like the protagonist and thought the storyline was interesting and well done. Unfortunately, I couldn't complete this game. I would have appreciated an Easy Mode since I never really mastered dodging. I dont have much free time, so I really don't feel like starting this game all over until I can run through the game well enough to get past the sewers. Anyway I just watched the rest of the game on YouTube. Expand
  12. Mar 15, 2012
    After playing Downpour I decided to revisit Homecoming, the beginning of the second series of Silent Hill in my mind. I did like it the first time round, quite a lot. It wasn't very faithful to the ethnics of the core topic but reboots are permitted to toy with the DNA a bit so I wasn't that annoyed. The main thing was the series had potential to go on from here and be brilliant once more.After playing Downpour I decided to revisit Homecoming, the beginning of the second series of Silent Hill in my mind. I did like it the first time round, quite a lot. It wasn't very faithful to the ethnics of the core topic but reboots are permitted to toy with the DNA a bit so I wasn't that annoyed. The main thing was the series had potential to go on from here and be brilliant once more. Unfortunately Downpour failed to build upon Homecoming, so my hopes are shattered. In the plus side, Homecoming is pretty damn good, if not a bit tainted. Expand
  13. Nov 16, 2011
    I don't understand the hate that gets thrown at this game. The graphics in this game are pretty damn good, even considering today's standards (it's not Uncharted by a long shot, but it's way better then **** call of duty). The combat is a bit too enpowering, until you go on the harder difficulty and get gang raped by Schisms. The story isn't nearly as bad as what people say it is andI don't understand the hate that gets thrown at this game. The graphics in this game are pretty damn good, even considering today's standards (it's not Uncharted by a long shot, but it's way better then **** call of duty). The combat is a bit too enpowering, until you go on the harder difficulty and get gang raped by Schisms. The story isn't nearly as bad as what people say it is and there is a lot of good here overall. The only bad part of the game is in the enemy designs. The nurses, dogs, smog, and even pyramid head seem more like gameplay varients (like in an action game) than physical manifestations of the character's fears and anxieties. The bosses show the more imaginative side of the game and are definately the highlights of the game, but the other enemies seemed more like an afterthought. Another issue I have is the fact that it just isn't as scary as past Silent Hill games. There were some moments where I was tensed up, but that was it. The monsters aren't scary because they are designed around gameplay with all there weak points and finishing moves. But there was just something about this game that kept me coming. I beat this game about ten times, got all the endings and costumes and only recently sold it. I almost miss the game, but I realize that I played that game dry and I would only get bored if I tried to play it again. Let's just hope Downpour can take what Homecoming got right and fix what they got wrong so that we can have a great silent hill game on the PS3. Expand
  14. May 12, 2011
    Certainly not a bad Silent Hill game. Has all the elements that make Silent Hill cool, and offers a good amount of gameplay. It drags a bit near the end, but it's certainly worth playing if you're a fan of Silent Hill!
  15. Apr 14, 2011
    Game wasn't that bad, but I feel that they copied the movie which sucked big time. There were some decent scares, but it wasn't the best or worse silent hill.
    I still remember the 1st silent hill where you are in the school, and you here a cabinate opening and closing so you go and open the cabinate and a cat jumps out and runs out the room ,then you hear the cat get killed by those little dudes with the knives. If I can remember that from a long time ago there must have been some great momments in the 1st silent hill, I do not feel the same with homecomming. Still a fun experience.
  16. Mar 18, 2011
    No! You just can't decently mix all that makes good adventures to create a fresh new one. But unfortunatly Double Helix did that for their SH Homecoming. The result of this? An untasty adventure guided by soulless protagonists, a nurse here a Pyramid Head there without any explanation.
    And how can the developpers explain the huge gap between the quality of the ordinary monsters design (the modelization of dogs and nurses was better on PS2... that's a limit for the first and big return of the series on new gen!) and the one of the different bosses (only good point of the game, maybe the best bosses of the all series! The most difficult to get rid of too...)? How can they explain the awful fight system (unplayable! In addition, the hero can't run away anymore...) and the level design coming from the age of the first 3D games on PS one?
    Shattered Memories gave me hope in the future of the SH license. Homecoming sank me back into despair...
    The Vatra Team will have to be careful for the chapter to come. SH Downpour is seen by lots of fans like me as the last chance for the series to recover even just an ounce of glory.
  17. Dec 12, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game gives very scary! The history is very interesting! The graphics aren´t spectacular but the cinemas are good! The game play is very simple and when you know how kill the enemies this game becomes very easy!

Good Game for me the best Silent Hill!
  18. Nov 30, 2010
    This game by all means isn't horrible, but really Double Helix could have done better. The story seemed intriguing, but was pulled off in the worst manners (i.e.,the little homage to "Hostel" near the end of the game, etc...) and there were really stupid/uninteresting characters in the bunch with whom took away the Silent Hill experience (i.e., Elle, Wheeler, Curtis, and Josh). NoThis game by all means isn't horrible, but really Double Helix could have done better. The story seemed intriguing, but was pulled off in the worst manners (i.e.,the little homage to "Hostel" near the end of the game, etc...) and there were really stupid/uninteresting characters in the bunch with whom took away the Silent Hill experience (i.e., Elle, Wheeler, Curtis, and Josh). No complaints about combat, however the recycled "Bogeyman," Nurse, and "Smogs" make it feel like nothing but fan service. And another huge problem is how predictable the whole story is and how much unnecessary gore they actually put into this game (albeit some argue it expresses the symbolism when really it just seems there for the "spookyness") However there are good things that I'd like to express about the game, such some of the otherworld designs (I love me some steam punk!). Also Mayor Bartlet and Lillian Sheppard were mysterious characters that seemed to fit well with the plot, which is awesome. I could go on, but in short, a great survival/horror game, but a questionable Silent Hill title. Collapse
  19. GrantZ
    Aug 22, 2009
    Yes, this is better than SH4, but it's still dire. The characters were barren and boring, and weren't very well lip-synched. Enemies were good looking but too tough in the end. Ammo is more scarce than ever, and thanks, but no, i'd rather run from that boss rather than KNIFING it to death. Still with all these bad points. It returned to Silent Hill, and the story was the Yes, this is better than SH4, but it's still dire. The characters were barren and boring, and weren't very well lip-synched. Enemies were good looking but too tough in the end. Ammo is more scarce than ever, and thanks, but no, i'd rather run from that boss rather than KNIFING it to death. Still with all these bad points. It returned to Silent Hill, and the story was the second best, beaten by SH1 & 3. There stories link. Also the mannequin battle got this a mark, as did the parts in the Bunker, which reminded me of Hostel. A scene with a circular saw, and a power drill being lodged into some-ones mouth. Also introduced people as enemies which was interested. Sadly it was hampered by tiring combat, unoriginal enemies, and recycled levels. It's worth a try, and does let you decide dialogue. All-In-All. A return to form. But i really want Alessa back. Expand
  20. AleksandarB
    Jun 10, 2009
    A decent installment, although unoriginal.
  21. MartinWard
    Mar 23, 2009
    silent hill back to basics love it well done Konami
  22. SimG.
    Nov 27, 2008
    I
  23. LamL.
    Oct 11, 2008
    I really rate this an 8.15. It is my first Silent Hill game, although I have read and heard a lot about the earliers games and I thought the 2006 movie was a masterpeice. I will get the others in the series and play them. Here is my rating system. Gameplay (includes controls, story, immersion, and what you actually do in the game) is given a score of 0 (worst) -10 (best). Graphics is I really rate this an 8.15. It is my first Silent Hill game, although I have read and heard a lot about the earliers games and I thought the 2006 movie was a masterpeice. I will get the others in the series and play them. Here is my rating system. Gameplay (includes controls, story, immersion, and what you actually do in the game) is given a score of 0 (worst) -10 (best). Graphics is rated. This means the aesthetic and technical qualities of it. Audio is rated and includes game music, soundtrack and voice dialogue- everything you hear in a game. My last category is rated .0 (point 0) - .5 (point 5), and really is a bonus component of the 30 point rating system. If the game has replayability it is given a higher bonus component. Replayability can mean both story mode and multiplayer available, split creen or online. It can mean multiple story threads or endings. It can also mean open world- a lot of endless explotrng doing nothing but having a good time w/ whatever you want to do. Well here it what I ratd SH:H. Gameplay gets an 8 because I enjoy survival horror and it gave you that. To me, combat was satisfying but the enemies have cheap shots. It felt like the town or universe of SH that I have come to expect, but I wasn't "wowed" with it like I thought I would be on the PS3. Maybe it had to do wit the graphics. Maybe it had to do with how the story was told. You learned the majority of it in the last 5th of the game. So it felt kinda hollow (the story that you play). You ran around the earlier parts of the game trying to piece what happened together but you just end up running around finding out notihng. Next. Graphics I gave a 7.8. These graphics are excellent PS2 grahics, excellent last generation graphics but not up to quality of the best of this generation: games like MGS4, Motorstorm, Condemned 2, DMC4. Audio gets an 8.5. Nothing really to complain about.. I liked it. It set the mood. I can see why earlier games and their reviews gave this composer high marks. Dialogue and effects sound were satisfactory. Replayability I give it a point one five (.15) because of the multiple endings you can replay for. Add all those #s up and divide by 3. Viola. Expand
  24. shawnwheeler
    Oct 11, 2008
    I luv the silent hill series but this simply is not a true SH game.

developer double helix tried but only delivered a mediocre horror game that taints the once revered silent hill series.

heres hoping that team silent hill will return to give us all the true current gen silent hill game that we all want.
  25. JonathanH.
    Oct 2, 2008
    as a pretty big fan of the silent hill series, i'm very satisfied with this game and it's improvements over previous silent hill titles. the storyline is great, the atmosphere is just as frightening as any of the other games, and the combat system is much improved and not as clunky. for a survival horror title, you can't ask for much more in my opinion.
  26. Nov 30, 2010

A bit of a letdown. The gameplay has been reduced from a tense psychological experience fraught with spine tingling jumps and scares to a generic, predictable action title set in the location with good graphics and a great soundtrack.
  2. The folks at Double Helix gave me the Silent Hill I wanted: a nerve-racking, scary as hell experience to hold me over this Halloween season. Any fan of Silent Hill should be checking this out, and anyone just needing a good scare can join in the Homecoming.
  3. American developer Double Helix has managed to stick its landing—right in the uneasy, dark parts of the mind that define the Silent Hill experience.