• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 1, 2010
3.9

1. Nov 11, 2010
    I was primarily interested in this game because of the dancing and have played for an hour so far, none of that singing. If you like Singstar games in the past you'll like this, so let's talk about the dancing.

That being said this is an AWESOME dancing game. I had read reviews and many of them said the dancing experience feels tacked on because you imitate the dancer on screen, there are no flash cards like other games (Kinect).

That's true. However this is a plus to me. As one review said, real dancers will really like this game. Many of the routines are complex and it takes practice and multiple attempts to master. You won't breeze through with an A on the first try, but in a couple you'll get the hang and soon you'll master it.

Plus, Singstar Dance's Poker Face routine slaughter's Kinect's clap-and-fist-pump routine.

For people that aren't great dancers you'll still have fun and there are easier routines, but others you may not want to venture off of "easy" anytime soon (PCD's Don't Cha, for example).

This is a great game and I'm really happy I picked it up. The reviews were too harsh but I can see their complaints, flash cards or more breakdowns would have helped. Even so, some said dancing was tacked on, a small visual in the corner...if you hit O you take up the whole screen instead of the music video, so while watching the dancer you see a large YOU in your peripheral and it helps you stay in sync.
  2. Nov 15, 2010
    Most of what I wanted to say has been said but I would like to add... for $40 you get the game plus 2 mics. You get full origina music videos or you can watch youself dance. You can keep part or all of the video of you dancing and edit it. Also, for four players you can have 2 ppl sing and 2 dance. The game is fun, challanging and the ability to save and replay the fun later. This game isMost of what I wanted to say has been said but I would like to add... for $40 you get the game plus 2 mics. You get full origina music videos or you can watch youself dance. You can keep part or all of the video of you dancing and edit it. Also, for four players you can have 2 ppl sing and 2 dance. The game is fun, challanging and the ability to save and replay the fun later. This game is way underrated. Fun for kids and adxults. Not to menton the ability to download more songs later. Expand

1. Jan 13, 2011
    It's fun to move to music. It's that simple. But it's not very fun trying to imitate movements that are far above your ability and Singstar Dance have no entry-level option where you quietly learn the movements. Points assessment works well, but it's the only thing that determines the difficulty level. This party game is not kind to beginners. As if dancing in front of other people weren't challenging enough.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    SingStar Dance is a game that contains the usual SingStar features and the possibility to dance with the PlayStation Move. A pretty cool idea that looks like the Just Dance games from Ubisoft, but the biggest problem is that the dancing part isn't great. Most of the time you don't know what the upcoming dance move is and that's pretty annoying. A simple addition to the game without any innovation, this could have been a lot better.
  3. We're convinced that there's nothing brilliant about the SingStar series. And yet, Dance is a good time. [Jan 2011, p.84]