Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure PlayStation 3

4.8

1. Oct 16, 2011
    Although geared for a younger crowd, very enjoyable. Nice idea for expanding and continuing game.. Simple and just plain fun. I wish more than 2 could play and sad you have to buy new characters but my sons and I thoroughly enjoy the game and look forward to more characters and more adventures
  2. Oct 21, 2011
    This is a really fun game. Gave it as a gift to my nephews and played for a while them. Great to see how much they liked the toys and being able to play with them both in the game and out. For me, being a fan of dungeon crawlers, I was happily surprised by how satisfying the game was and how enjoyable it was to level up my little toys. Best gift ever for kids.
  3. Nov 26, 2011
    10 quick points on this game.
    1) This game is enjoyable.
    2) The character designs are excellent. 3) Got this game for my kids and I ended up playing this game with them and enjoyed it equally as much. 4) I've never played a Spyro game. I typically play games like Borderlands or Final Fantasy. I really enjoyed the mixture of action and RPG. 5) It's easy enough for a 5 or 7 year old to
    10 quick points on this game.
    1) This game is enjoyable.
    2) The character designs are excellent.
    5) It's easy enough for a 5 or 7 year old to play, yet the trophy challenges make it fun for Dad to 100% the game.
    6) I actually thought while playing this that it would be cool if Final Fantasy did something similar with figures. They are well made and not cheap at all. The platform reacts immediately to one or two player adjustments.
    7) I saw a 1 rating on this game and thats just ridiculous. I'm not sure what game they played but its not this one. 8) You don't have to buy all the characters, the ones it comes with are sufficient to finish the game. To 100% the game you'll need 1 of each element, but still not "all" of them like mentioned by ccrogers15. Still great game with only the characters it comes with.
    9) The music, the scenery and controls are all great, no complaints.
    10) If you are buying this game as a Spyro game, then just use Spyro. You can beat this game with him alone. If you use the other characters, it becomes less of a Spyro game and more of a great action RPG. Its more like Skylanders with Spyro as a playable character. Extra Credit: A little deeper next time and longer and you'll have a Skylanders franchise. I want to give this game a 8.5 or 9 but the 1's are so unfair I'm giving it a 10 to assist the overall score of a very solid and worth while game.
  4. Apr 18, 2012
    Not sure why people are bagging this game, but the toys are running out of the shops.
    For the target audience it is great, sure it may not be a game for every one, but for young children they love it. They have a good marketing strategy , selling toy to kids. But I can't see why it is any different to MMORPG like world of Warcraft where you have to pay every month.
    Isn't that more of a rip off ?
  5. Jul 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, before I start review I want to give 2 things:
    1. Don't review this game if you haven't played it
    2. If you read the negative review of this game, read it carefully, as some people tend to dislike a game based on trailers.
    Okay we cool on that.
    Like Call Of Duty, this game's presentation is not very good, but only if we talk about Graphics. Music is pretty nicely done, so Presentation deservs an 8.
    Gameplay gets 9. If I am to describe Gameplay shortly, I would say It is a very very very simpified Diablo (Although I never played Diablo :-)). You must defeat enemies with skills that you learnt from a specific skill tree. For each of 32 characters, there is 1 skill tree with 2 branches, having a total of 64 diffrent characters with diffrent abilities. This game also feautres good multiplayer modes.
    now, if you are to play this game, I strongly recommend you to have at least 5 diffrent figures for player like I did with my friend, because final boss of the game is pretty hard, but very good one to test what you have learnt through out the game (even though this game features my least favorite villain of all time).
  6. Dec 16, 2011
    This is game is a good buy for young children. My son of 3 years old can fully interact with the game and enjoys the levels, and sleeps with his 7 characters. For me at 29 I enjoy playing the game with my son and working together playing through the game. This game is one of those child games I can actually look forward to playing alongside my son. Other then the above the game is notThis is game is a good buy for young children. My son of 3 years old can fully interact with the game and enjoys the levels, and sleeps with his 7 characters. For me at 29 I enjoy playing the game with my son and working together playing through the game. This game is one of those child games I can actually look forward to playing alongside my son. Other then the above the game is not that amazing. The price tag is expensive, and yes my son wants to pick up a new character at $8 or a 3 pack at $20. I recommend the game for family's looking to bridge the video game cap between a 3 and 29 year old. Good game worth the buy for young children. And Yes my 3 year old can fully interact with this game, he can't read it but he can kick butt on the monsters and handle the challenging obstacles. Collapse

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 6, 2012
    Enjoyable enough that adult gamers won't mind playing along. [Jan 2012, p.87]
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    Activision knows how to promote a product. There are ads running on every kids channel right now trying to convince them that Skylanders is the must-have game. Admittedly, the idea of the figurines is quite neat, but the game itself is nothing to get excited about. [December 2011, p.96]
  3. Dec 28, 2011
    All told, Skylanders is responsible for hours and hours of enjoyment in my house.