7.6

1. Aug 24, 2012
    Same old crap in new packaging. Lack of creativity and its a shame that they hired Edison (who was involved with a sex scandal where he ruined the lives of several women) as one of the characters in this game.

This is a rip off of Stranglehold polished by adding ideas stolen from various HK movies. graphics on the 360/PS3 are not that great, there are numerous programming bugs to the
    point that hackers have created various save editors to mod everything in game. Expand
  2. Aug 26, 2012
    Rip off of Stranglehold. Shame that they hired a sex offender to do the voice over . There are better people to hire than some guy who ruined the lives of several HK women.
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    When will the next generation console? Can no longer play this **** that is one-third the cost of the console itself! Enough to cheat on dollars people! Nice clean mushrooms machete than play this game.
  4. Aug 31, 2012
    What does it take to survive as an undercover cop who infiltrates one of Hong Kong's most ruthless criminal organizations? If Sleeping Dogs **** is any indication, it takes martial arts prowess, good marksmanship, driving skill, a reckless willingness to leap from one speeding vehicle to another, and the confidence to sing karaoke. None of the individual elements in Sleeping Dogs **** are best-in-class, but they're all thoroughly enjoyable, and the structured story missions have you switching from one type of action to another frequently enough that you're never tired of what you're doing at any given moment. Expand
  5. Feb 28, 2013
    The game itself is so-so. The graphics are not bad, but not good either. There are fun things like the fighting system, police cases and drug busts. The story is good. But a bit short, and this basically has 0 originality (it's GTA with a Max Payne shooting mechanic). Overall, I guess a 7 for the game. IF it were playable. My saves reset twice. This is unacceptable, I have a fairly new PS3. Don't get it, even if you are certain your saves won't reset, play GTA IV, or even SR3. Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2013
    I loved true crime so much so I was looking forward to this one for a long time. It was disappointing. Let's begin by saying that 80% of this game is fighting. I didn't shoot one gun and the driving doesn't work very well. Actually: running doesn't work very well either.
    The fighting is really frustrating, I never felt in control off the character and couldn't defend myself against the
    knives and such weapons. Expand

1. Oct 14, 2012
    It's hard to imagine, that Activision let this one go. Sleeping Dogs is action packed sandbox shooter, which - in many ways - does things a lot better than GTA. Parkour, shooting and hand to hand combat are wrapped around a stunning virtual version of Hong Kong. The story isn't quite Rockstar, but it keeps the action going. The bar is set for the fifth Grand Theft Auto. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 17, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs will quickly gain the attention of those who enjoy a good open world with infinity of missions to complete.
  3. The reason why we go into so much detail about the fighting system is because we've never seen such deep and expansive mechanics in an open world game. You will fight until your knuckles are covered in blood and still won't have had enough of it. [September 2012, p.72]