8.1

1. Nov 22, 2013
    I have been a big fan of the Soul series since Soul Calibur II came out 10 years ago, and when I heard that Soul Calibur II hd online was coming out for the Ps3 I had to get it, and I am happy to say I am not disappointed.

It plays exactly as it did 10 years ago. The graphics have been sharpened up a bit and the colors are brighter, also the game is beautifully reformatted for modern High definition televisions. The online feature that has been added is pretty good, (but your experience may be different) out of the first 10 matches I had online, only 1 match was lagging real bad. The single player mode has been untouched, which is a huge relief for me because the single player is tons of fun!

The only bad thing I can think of is that when you are playing online, if your opponent rage quits or just leaves the match it takes a little too long to get back into the lobby, but I won't take points off for that because I mostly play against friends who don't rage quit, and every fight game has online issues. So in conclusion I am giving this game a ten, because I loved the way they handled the re-issue of this classic fighting game.
  2. Dec 9, 2013
    "This game has a strange difficulty curve, the opponent is incredibly skilled one moment to another in the same battle, i don't understand. But apart from that, everything else is brilliant."
  3. Feb 14, 2014
    Great game but multiplayer could have be much better. To reach a session is so slow and then so laggy that you don't really need to buy this game at this price. Expensive

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    Goes well, but lazily 'remastered' and made redundant by its sequels. [January 2014, p83]
    Soul Calibur 2 HD is not a collection, which would be perfectly possible. It is available as a downloadable title at a low price, so that fans of fighting games today, may know a little more of the origins of the genre they love so much.
  3. Jan 2, 2014
    A poor remastering that leaves the player indifferent. A game only for true fans of the saga who want to play it in modern screens. It's soundtrack and extras, although, are just as good as back in the old days.