7.9

1. Jun 22, 2011
    While it is technically the same as the first three games, veterans and newcomers alike can adore the new features in Soulcalibur IV. Pros: The inclusion of Star Wars exclusives, Critical Finishers and online play refreshes the overwhelmingly familiar gameplay; absolutely stunning graphics; drastically improved story mode and Character Creation; a variety of strikingly unique characters and combos. Cons: It's almost too familiar to Soulcalibur III; occasional online hiccups; silly dialogue. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2011
    probably the best fight game I've played on my PS3. Very nice graphics, POWEFRFULL soundtrack and very good online. Darth Vader and Yoda in this game made me want a StarWars fight game like SoulCalibur.
  3. Feb 13, 2012
    soulcalibur IV is an amazing fighting game with great fighting mechanics, amazing music, coolness, a large amount of playable characters and places to battle. it's only problems are that it isn't as good as soulcalibur II and that the fighting system is a bit slow moving.

1. Graphically the game is simply jaw dropping. Even with all the graphical masterpieces we have seen recently, Soul Calibur IV stands out on its own.
    Where SC4 really shines, however, is in its character-creation mode. The more you use your custom characters, the more options you unlock -- with a wealth of weapons and armor pieces offering boosts to strength, impact, speed, and more, while certain stat modifiers improve your chances to escape throws or reverse counters.
    An amazingly deep and beautiful fi ghting experience, marred by a couple of unnecessary characters, but essential nonetheless. If the online modes simulate the feeling of a traditional one-onone battle, we’ll be in combat heaven.