6.6

1. JoshW.
    Sep 22, 2008
    This game is fantastic!!! It deserves a 10 simply for the fantastic story that is pure joy for any Star Wars fan. The game itself is also great fun and the option to alter your lightsabers colour and special abilities adds a great element to the game as well as the option to change costumes (each level has a different one matching the environment you're in). You can also upgrade your This game is fantastic!!! It deserves a 10 simply for the fantastic story that is pure joy for any Star Wars fan. The game itself is also great fun and the option to alter your lightsabers colour and special abilities adds a great element to the game as well as the option to change costumes (each level has a different one matching the environment you're in). You can also upgrade your force powers. The boss battles are fun, each level lasts a really long time and there is plenty of exploration, collectibles and bonus objectives to complete. With a bunch of surprise characters and situations this is a must have for any fan and a grewat game for a non Star Wars fan. Plus, the first level is worth the price alone!!! Expand
  2. TullioM.
    Sep 5, 2008
    Thus far, I have only had the pleasure of playing the xbox360 demo of Force Unleashed, and all I have to say is, WOW! From this brief yet straight to the point demo, I can see that The Force Unleashed will become one of LucasArts best Star Wars game yet. Fist of all the graphics are unbelievable, the fluidity of the movement of the characters is also amazing. The demo however, Thus far, I have only had the pleasure of playing the xbox360 demo of Force Unleashed, and all I have to say is, WOW! From this brief yet straight to the point demo, I can see that The Force Unleashed will become one of LucasArts best Star Wars game yet. Fist of all the graphics are unbelievable, the fluidity of the movement of the characters is also amazing. The demo however, doesn't do the story any justice, so I will not give any comments about the story flow. Lets just say that September 16th 2008 is definitely going to be marked on my calender as the release date for The Force Unleashed. I think I have an exam on that day. Expand
  3. SeanM.
    Oct 4, 2008
    look if you like star wars then you have to like this game especially on the wii. You get to use the force in one hand and a lightsaber in the other. this is is a dream to many people.
  4. MarkoA
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is by far the best "Star Wars" game. Graphics and audio are marvelous. You need to see for your self to believe, how well the graphics and physics are integrated. Gameplay is smooth, fun and engaging. Story is (so far) coherent and well presented. The Force Unleashed is a challenging 3rd person action with just enough role-playing elements to keep you exploring every corner and every This is by far the best "Star Wars" game. Graphics and audio are marvelous. You need to see for your self to believe, how well the graphics and physics are integrated. Gameplay is smooth, fun and engaging. Story is (so far) coherent and well presented. The Force Unleashed is a challenging 3rd person action with just enough role-playing elements to keep you exploring every corner and every light-saber combo. Please note that I'm playing xbox360 version. Expand
  5. TheBigmac
    Sep 20, 2008
    I just beat the game and let me tell you: This game is victim of a stupid media hype snowball that began with the name itself. The title alone, and all the hype frenzy that it was created when the game was in production won't allow critics to see it for what it's really worth: The first Star Wars Game in history that is actually good. The story is amazing and the game is I just beat the game and let me tell you: This game is victim of a stupid media hype snowball that began with the name itself. The title alone, and all the hype frenzy that it was created when the game was in production won't allow critics to see it for what it's really worth: The first Star Wars Game in history that is actually good. The story is amazing and the game is incredibly FUN. The style of the movements when you swing your lightsaber is faithfull to the movies and incredibly rewarding. The graphics are awesome, the cutscenes, Hollywood grade and it's the first star wars game that lets you do what you always wanted to do. Kick @ss throgh the whole game using your lightsaber and using the force. So stop whining about the game being called the force unleashed and not delivering the "unleashness" you wanted. Pretend it's called episode 3.5, who cares! This media campaign of demeriting the game because it didn't deliver what the title promessed is moronic. So what if you were promessed cheesecake and were given steak instead. Get over with it already! Is it cheesecake? no, but you bet it's the most delicious steak I've ever had and it's the game I've waited for almost 20 years for somebody to make. It's finally here so who cares about the title? Expand
  6. CarlosB.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I´d like to thanks for Lucasarts creates this fine piece of entertainment.....is a lot of fun.
  7. KyleW.
    Nov 9, 2008
    This game was amazing. From the force powers to the epic boss battles, this game is a great play. The character model (I forget the actor's name but he now plays on the CW's Smallville) is really good, being very nicely modeled and rendered. The levels are expansive, and fun to play through, even more than once (I actually played through the demo prior to buying the game about a This game was amazing. From the force powers to the epic boss battles, this game is a great play. The character model (I forget the actor's name but he now plays on the CW's Smallville) is really good, being very nicely modeled and rendered. The levels are expansive, and fun to play through, even more than once (I actually played through the demo prior to buying the game about a dozen times). My only qualm about the game is the fact that the lightsaber combat is a bit lacking. It's pretty much two buttons that you can just mash to kick someone's butt. Not very creative, but its small annoyance is greatly outweighed by the pure fun this game brings. There is tons of replay value (You need to replay the game just to find all the extras) which is nice because you actually want to play more when you finish it. This game is a must buy. Go buy it. Now. Expand
  8. CBoy
    Nov 24, 2008
    B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T! One of the best games in a long time:
    -game-play: challenging yet still playable.
    -rent or buy?:either...one of the few games where you can play once and enjoy or play twice to find everything, perfect your skills and go for the other ending.
    -rivals?-not since the LoTR games or Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
    In conclusion: get it or Santa will hate you!!!
  9. Oct 6, 2010
    This is an awesome game. I don't get the negativity at all! Being a huge Star Wars fan myself, I loved the story, the gameplay, and the voice acting was top notch! Can't wait to play the sequel!
  10. Aug 8, 2014
    Brilliant storyline, lots of upgradable powers and unlockable strikes and combos and even different outfits to choose from don't ever let you get bored with the game. I have beaten it twice with joy, and I highly reccomend it not only to Star Wars fans, but also to skilled gamers who want to test their agility.
  11. MooCheesey
    Sep 22, 2008
    My actual rating is 9.5. This game is awesome. The force is great and I don't think I've ever had so much fun on a game as I did on the first level as Darth Vader. The only problem is that if you walk into a tree on that level it falls down. Otherwise it is amazing-BUY THIS NOW.
  12. Al
    Sep 20, 2008
    Listen... pay not attention to the critics. If you're a Star Wars head this is a must-have.
  13. MichaelE
    Jun 12, 2009
    A highly entertaining next-gen Star Wars game that is unfortunately without its shortfalls. Travel stunning parts of the galaxy and use awesome force moves to battle your way through the game world on your quest as Darth Vader's apprentice.

Stunning cut-scenes and highly enjoyable gameplay, this game has a great storyline to follow. This game is highly recommended to any Star Wars fans out there who can overlook the slight frustrations with the game whilst playing it.
  14. EricB.
    Sep 17, 2008
    I am a huge Star Wars fan, and to me this game has delivered. I don't care about the occasional terrain glitch, or sound mishap, all in all the Game does deliver for the AVID star wars fan. I cant tell you how satisfying it is to lift a storm trooper and throw him into an incoming tie fighter...priceless.
  15. ErnestoC.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Even though the game has its flaws, poor targeting, an avalanche of enemies, the game is very fun to play. As a Star Wars fan, you would not be able to miss this game, story wise around as good as Empire Strikes back. Very fun, very edgy. I love games like God of War and Ninja Gaiden, and this one would come close in gameplay, but with a story very well known to many. If you do not know Even though the game has its flaws, poor targeting, an avalanche of enemies, the game is very fun to play. As a Star Wars fan, you would not be able to miss this game, story wise around as good as Empire Strikes back. Very fun, very edgy. I love games like God of War and Ninja Gaiden, and this one would come close in gameplay, but with a story very well known to many. If you do not know anything about Star Wars, but love destructive, purely fun games, I still recommend it. Expand
  16. DavidS.
    Sep 21, 2008
    I think this game is gooooood i often hate games with its sort of gameplay but the range of ideas you can explore and the exciting story make it better than most level by level action games x.
  17. BBrazil
    Oct 13, 2008
    Star Wars fans will love it! Good replay value. Good graphics and sound. Good story.
  18. CaseyW.
    Sep 18, 2008
    This game brought a lot of new powers and abilities to gaming in general, the force is amazing. These great new concepts overshadow the sometimes frustrating lock on system and other bugs.
  19. Andreas
    Sep 21, 2008
    Sure, the game has it's flaws, but it's so addictive that that barely matters. The force powers look great and finishing a powerful combo feels awesome. The game also has a compelling story and if you love Star Wars, you might even add one point to my score, but if you hate it, you might take away 2 points, but for Star Wars fans it can not be missed!
  20. sherrodc.
    Sep 20, 2008
    Great game would have made an even better RPG like STKOTR / Jade Empire/ Fable, they could have kept the gameplay the same just added vast cities/ planets and hundreds of quest like oblivion a few puzzles epic battle field battles thicken the plot a little more. over all a great game, but then again like starwars.
  21. P.W.
    Oct 17, 2008
    I think people in general have been overly critical of this game. It is an action game as billed, not a adventure game nor an RPG. The bottom line is good physics engine, good graphics, good story, good combos and force effects, and all set in the heart of the Star Wars storyline. You get used to the controls after playing for a while. I have played through this game 4 times and I still I think people in general have been overly critical of this game. It is an action game as billed, not a adventure game nor an RPG. The bottom line is good physics engine, good graphics, good story, good combos and force effects, and all set in the heart of the Star Wars storyline. You get used to the controls after playing for a while. I have played through this game 4 times and I still enjoy sitting down to reek havoc in new ways. Expand
  22. Alcades
    Sep 20, 2008
    While it's far from perfect, I sure had a fun time with SW:The Force Unleashed. and I I'd recommend it to Action gmae and Star Wars fans The best part is the story and some slick attacks/force powers. The worst part is the targeting system, which is also attached to the camera system. All in all, it's a great game with some minor flaws that drag it down.
  23. DF.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Star Destroyer battle is sadly a major pain in the rectum. Bad controller direction makes this a very disappointing game. It's good fun outside of that, though.
  24. ShaunC
    Sep 18, 2008
    There are glitch problems, frame drops etc. But in the end it is a fun action title, and has a very good story...kinda sad when the video game has better acting (overall) than the films.
  25. Maroha
    Sep 18, 2008
    Yes, there was some repetition, but still I feel a sense of fulfillment when I toss an electrified stormtrooper into a group of his buddies and knock them all down like bowling pins. Sweet!
  26. robertp.
    Sep 19, 2008
    It was fun and enjoyable; some people say it's repetitive, but it's too short almost to be able to repeat itself; over-all a good rental.
  27. Mar 24, 2011
    Having get a chance to play Darth Vadar was awesome. I actually restarted the game five times just for the experience. The rest of the game has a very good story with high quality cutscences that show outstanding graphics. The combat was great with the traditional action button combo needed for different kills on enemies. The boss battles were weak in the sense of pre-timed button pushingHaving get a chance to play Darth Vadar was awesome. I actually restarted the game five times just for the experience. The rest of the game has a very good story with high quality cutscences that show outstanding graphics. The combat was great with the traditional action button combo needed for different kills on enemies. The boss battles were weak in the sense of pre-timed button pushing needed to beat the boss. I hate those. Looking around for those glowing orbs, or upgrading my lightsaber was very difficult and I wished I could have found more but there comes a point were you have to stop looking and move on to the next chapter Expand
  28. May 28, 2012
    FU1 is a great Star Wars game that makes you feel like a Jedi. The variety of Force powers and combos at your disposal is astounding, yet that doesn't mean you're invincible. While the voice acting and story is great, some of the enemies are a bit tedious to fight (such as the purge troopers) and sometimes you have to find out what power an enemy is weakest to e.g. force lightning or yourFU1 is a great Star Wars game that makes you feel like a Jedi. The variety of Force powers and combos at your disposal is astounding, yet that doesn't mean you're invincible. While the voice acting and story is great, some of the enemies are a bit tedious to fight (such as the purge troopers) and sometimes you have to find out what power an enemy is weakest to e.g. force lightning or your lightsaber. The inability to deflect rockets is another niggle and it's annoying when you get struck down by one, get up and before you can do anything another rocket hits you. Yet this doesn't make the game difficult and it is fun to experiment with different powers e.g. electrocuting someone, throwing your saber in them and then throwing them; the men you fight are especially funny when they're not begging for mercy or falling into an abyss. The end fight is fun and even has a light side/dark side ending depending on a choice you make. This is a pretty good game that any Star Wars fan should buy. Plus you get to slaughter a large number of Wookies! Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2012
    Entertaining rag doll effects, force powers and a dedicated story that Star Wars fans will go nuts over, mixed with the sounds and music of the movies makes for an appealing, visually awesome game.
  30. Jan 16, 2013
    What do you want from a Star Wars game? If its a game where you play as someone in the action, see Star Wars Battlefront II. If you want a over the top game that makes you feel like a powerful jedi assassin then look no further than Star Wars The Force Unleashed. The game exceeds all previous expectations that were previously surrounding it. The game looks gorgeous and plays even better.What do you want from a Star Wars game? If its a game where you play as someone in the action, see Star Wars Battlefront II. If you want a over the top game that makes you feel like a powerful jedi assassin then look no further than Star Wars The Force Unleashed. The game exceeds all previous expectations that were previously surrounding it. The game looks gorgeous and plays even better. The only issue here is the length. But any longer and it would have been dragging on. The game uses a level up system that rewards the players excellently. You can level up force powers, stats(health, energy, damage) and purchase combos. Its extremely rewarding. It shows in the gameplay; at the beginning of the game you'll struggle to fight a group of enemys and by the end of the game you will be able to fight an army of mechs, enemys and turrets at one time. It definitely shows when you replay the game completely leveled up. At this point you'll be able to experiment with every combo without being scarred of the risk. You can do some real crazy **** Its a must buy. Collapse
  31. Jun 10, 2013
    Now this package is just what a Star Wars fan needs. It doesn't detach from the original feel of the Star Wars universe, while still providing new elements for fans to enjoy. The gameplay is smooth, the story is coherent and unique, the visuals are great, and the audio and voice acting is top-notch. However, the targeting system is subpar (the worst I've seen), and the Sith Master is tooNow this package is just what a Star Wars fan needs. It doesn't detach from the original feel of the Star Wars universe, while still providing new elements for fans to enjoy. The gameplay is smooth, the story is coherent and unique, the visuals are great, and the audio and voice acting is top-notch. However, the targeting system is subpar (the worst I've seen), and the Sith Master is too difficult, throwing overwhelming amounts of foes at you while making sure you take no more than three hits to die. Overall, great game. Expand
  32. Sep 6, 2014
    This game is great! Certainly much better than the second game.. The campaign is big, the Plot is awesome, The graphics still cant be denied, and the Ending was good! I really enjoyed playing this game.
  33. May 21, 2015
  34. rickyl.
    Oct 13, 2008
    The game was very fun with all the cool force powers. When I first got it, it took me only 2 or 3 days to complete the Force Unleashed. The game was very short and it also had frustrating parts. In a part you have to take down a star destroyer, it took me a long time to figure out. Over all its a pretty good game.
  35. KevinS
    Sep 20, 2008
    Targeting is a little tough to get used to. Controls (especially for picking up and throwing objects) aren't quite as smooth as they could be. But a great story makes up for all that.
  36. DavyT.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Maybe not the new Star Wars game we were waiting for, but The Force Unleashed does deliver fun gameplay for a couple of hours.
  37. thetruth
    Sep 10, 2008
    Demo exp. only! Controls are on point, no clunkyness here. Graphics are typical, nothing astounding.Camera angles are very nice. There were really no complaints but there wasnt anything that made me want it right then. I can only see this being a big hit for the hardcore fans.
  38. GUARDIAN
    Sep 21, 2008
    Being an avid star wars fan, i was keen to pre-order this one, but for some reason decided against it. Now im glad i kept it as a rental only. The biggest issue with TFU was the hype i think, when at the end of the day its a little overated. Having enjoyed the game overall being a huge fan, i found the controls VERY average, the story / cutscenes were great but certain bugs & glitches Being an avid star wars fan, i was keen to pre-order this one, but for some reason decided against it. Now im glad i kept it as a rental only. The biggest issue with TFU was the hype i think, when at the end of the day its a little overated. Having enjoyed the game overall being a huge fan, i found the controls VERY average, the story / cutscenes were great but certain bugs & glitches extremely annoying. Eg-- SPOILER ALERT-- whilst bringing down the imperial cruiser for 15-20mins i was launched by a tie fighter blast to the outside edge of the screen and could not walk back into the area of play. This happened twice, so therefore became frustrating at the best of times having been frozen on the edge of the screen for 5 mins before somehow dying?? Overall a great rental & an ok first outing on PS3, I'm giving it a seven based on the story & cutscenes alone, as an actioner it did bore me just a little. sorry . Expand
  39. TylerC.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Excellent game if you love the Star Wars series, like I do. I wanted to buy this game when i heard it was coming at 6 months ago. I picked it up the day t came out and played it right when i got home. But to tell you the truth the game was okay. This game has the graphics to be a excellent game. The stary is also very interesting, but the ONLY thing that holds this game back, is the Excellent game if you love the Star Wars series, like I do. I wanted to buy this game when i heard it was coming at 6 months ago. I picked it up the day t came out and played it right when i got home. But to tell you the truth the game was okay. This game has the graphics to be a excellent game. The stary is also very interesting, but the ONLY thing that holds this game back, is the control scheme and the gameplay is very frustrating at times. It's especially frustrating when trying to pick up objects. Game Is good but need multiplayer. Expand
  40. Dec 18, 2010
    With a satisfying game-play experience and a great plot, Star Wars the Force Unleashed is an enjoyable and very addictive game. Though I am not a huge fan of charging into battle and swinging your light saber or weapon around at various enemies over and over again but this is a matter of opinion. For those who do, this is a great game. It contains some incredibly frustrating areas,With a satisfying game-play experience and a great plot, Star Wars the Force Unleashed is an enjoyable and very addictive game. Though I am not a huge fan of charging into battle and swinging your light saber or weapon around at various enemies over and over again but this is a matter of opinion. For those who do, this is a great game. It contains some incredibly frustrating areas, technical difficulties and limited freedom but it is overall a reasonable game. Expand
  41. Jul 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So yeah I got this game. I was pretty excited even though there were mostly average reviews for the game. So after playing through I must say I am quite pleased with the game. Yeah the combat wasn't great and all that but I liked the story and the filling in of gaps and stuff in the story. I mean who doesn't want to use crazy force powers and blow the **** out of trees. A much better game than the pirated copy of Lorry simulator 2012 which I downloaded while on the toilet. Son yeah being a sith only lasts for a bit and I was disappointed when he became good and that but pulling a super star destroyer out of the sky is pretty fun. But I find PROXY a bit strange. You really don't want to go near that guy. But yeah after spamming the square button throughout the entire game and occasionally jumping or forcing and other stuff which I don't quite remember with the pasties eating Elephants and stuff... the combats boring. Thats it really. Oh and always kill Darth Vader at the end. Expand
  42. Aug 2, 2013
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 7/10...................................................................................................................
  43. pettwo
    Sep 13, 2008
    Frustratingly difficult, mushy controls, and annoying enemies make this game mediocre where it should have been amazing.
  44. MarkW.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Wow this game had so much potential. With the great story and the insane force powers are ruined because of a horible control scheme. Also i dont understand why when you hit people with a lightsaber they still live. What the hell is that. Give me the jedi knight series over this game any day.
  45. AdrianF.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Playable, awesome story... let down by shoddy controls, swarm enemies... bad responsiveness... hell, everything about the interface sucked. The only redeemer is the story... wasn't even graphically astounding.
  46. Dec 30, 2012
    Not incredible, but not bad fun. The force powers you are given are really great, and you can use them in really cool ways - from throwing a stormtrooper into a fire, to bringing an Imperial Star Destroyer down to the ground. The graphics are decent, and the voice acting is above average. The boss fights make you think on your feet, but do end up being repetitive, much like the rest of theNot incredible, but not bad fun. The force powers you are given are really great, and you can use them in really cool ways - from throwing a stormtrooper into a fire, to bringing an Imperial Star Destroyer down to the ground. The graphics are decent, and the voice acting is above average. The boss fights make you think on your feet, but do end up being repetitive, much like the rest of the game. The story is not great - there are too many twists and turns for my liking, many of which are predictable - but the way it is played out more than makes up for it. There are a great number of interesting locations, characters, and the cutscenes are fairly good too. And although the game is too short, I found there to be a reasonable value of replayability, thanks to a well-made collectibles system, which allows you to get things like a black lightsaber.
    Ultimately, it's an adequate game, and the combat is built well enough to make it last.
  47. JohannesFulcher
    Feb 5, 2009
    Impressive graphics, but not far above the bar for most 360 games. The storyline was predictable and didn't add much insight or dimension to the Star Wars saga.

The gameplay was a HUGE disappointment. The player does little more than knock stormtroopers and aliens around along with the occasional Simon-esque boss fight (such as a Rancor and AT-ST. Wheeeee.....). I'm glad

I'm glad I only rented it. With all the money and talent at LucasArts, they could've done better.
    Knocking the stuffing out of the sanctimonious Shaak Ti was worth the price of a rental, though.
    TBM
  48. MikeW.
    Sep 20, 2008
    A great story is defused by weak and inconsistent game play. Depending on the level it is either a pretty good game or a mind numbing wreck, and sadly there is more of the latter. Somehow they take the awesome idea of ripping a star destroyer out of the sky and turn it into boring, tedious, garbage.
  49. Chris
    Sep 20, 2008
    This game had so much to work with. Every element from the force powers to the customization of lightsaber, to the enemies made this game very promising. But it was so very broken. Most of the bossfights were hard solely because of how ham handed Starkiller was, and if the camera acted any poorer the game would be unplayable. I enjoyed this game, but I know that I could have enjoyed it so This game had so much to work with. Every element from the force powers to the customization of lightsaber, to the enemies made this game very promising. But it was so very broken. Most of the bossfights were hard solely because of how ham handed Starkiller was, and if the camera acted any poorer the game would be unplayable. I enjoyed this game, but I know that I could have enjoyed it so much more. Thanks for living down to expectations for mediocrity again Lucas. Expand
  50. Apr 14, 2013
    Looks good voice acting is solid and story is ok. Other then that every thing els goes down the crapper. The game play is just a mess. Platforming this game just can not do well at all. The combat is clunky as all hell. The diffuculty jumps all over the place from easy to wtf why is this so hard all of a sudden. fighting the second boss is the best example its like you have to be a realLooks good voice acting is solid and story is ok. Other then that every thing els goes down the crapper. The game play is just a mess. Platforming this game just can not do well at all. The combat is clunky as all hell. The diffuculty jumps all over the place from easy to wtf why is this so hard all of a sudden. fighting the second boss is the best example its like you have to be a real life jedi to beat that Way to much QTE infact there should be NONE. I'm sick and tired of QTE in games. The game could have been some thing great or atleast some thing good but its just sub standard mush. Expand
  51. Jun 15, 2011
    An excellent idea letdown by terrible controls, cluttered combos and confusing and repetitive gameplay. There is a lot of good things to see here, for instance it features a captivating story that feels like it's pulled right off the big screen and there are brief moments when you do feel like a legitimate sith badass, but it's ultimately too frustrating to be worthy of anything other thanAn excellent idea letdown by terrible controls, cluttered combos and confusing and repetitive gameplay. There is a lot of good things to see here, for instance it features a captivating story that feels like it's pulled right off the big screen and there are brief moments when you do feel like a legitimate sith badass, but it's ultimately too frustrating to be worthy of anything other than bargain bins. Expand
  52. Jan 9, 2012
    Oy ge valt! I remember when this game was so overhyped. Hell, they didn't even finish the game before they released it. It's one of the most glitchy experiences I have ever put up with. Though it does have few redemptions like a good story, and a good concept with the gameplay and game design, but it mainly suffers from it's bad hit detection that leaves you asking "when will this guyOy ge valt! I remember when this game was so overhyped. Hell, they didn't even finish the game before they released it. It's one of the most glitchy experiences I have ever put up with. Though it does have few redemptions like a good story, and a good concept with the gameplay and game design, but it mainly suffers from it's bad hit detection that leaves you asking "when will this guy just die already?"

My advice (and I can't believe I'm saying this either, but....): Buy the Wii version!
  53. May 16, 2012
    The story was great, the interface was very annoying. The character will choose whether or not he actually does what you tell him to. Several glitches are present, I had to quit and restart the level 5 times throughout the game. It is also a very short game. Also, starts off really slow so don't judge it based off the first couple levels. Overall, decent, but annoying with the glitches.
  54. Nov 27, 2014
    Great story that fills the gap between the two trilogy, graphics were good for the time, the force powers are a blast to use and really makes you feel like a Jedi BUT all that is hidden behind awful light saber fights with a lot of camera issues, hit box that makes no sense, and boss fights that are boring instead of epic.
    It's really a shame, except for melee combats, the game could have
    It's really a shame, except for melee combats, the game could have been a hit, but at the end it will leave you a lot of regrets instead.
    That's why i'm giving it a 5 for the mix feelings between the fun of throwing and electrifying stormtroopers and the pain in the *** of boss fights (also the game is not very long and the difficulty is pretty low even with the camera playing tricks on you).
    PS: If like me you found the ultimate sith edition raise the mark to 6 for the extra hours and remake of the original trilogy.
  55. JulianS.
    Oct 2, 2008
    This was one of the most disappointing games I have ever played. Lucasarts let us down after more than a year of hype and of course that is all it was hype because there was no substance to this game. As Darth Vader it
  56. TristanH.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Could've been a really nice game but the Bugs and the glitch Controls made it quite a big disappointment. Pity The only good things are the nice graphics and animations. And of course the Physiks.
  57. Dec 9, 2010
    This game was a major letdown for me the controls and camera angle are just terrible and the boss fights are marred by pre-scripted events that require buttons pressed in sequence as they flash up on screen. I loved the Physics Systems and the over the top force powers but nothing can overcome the completely inadequate camera system and control particularly annoying in the highlyThis game was a major letdown for me the controls and camera angle are just terrible and the boss fights are marred by pre-scripted events that require buttons pressed in sequence as they flash up on screen. I loved the Physics Systems and the over the top force powers but nothing can overcome the completely inadequate camera system and control particularly annoying in the highly unnecessary "plat former" type jump from object to object sections. Even my love of all things Star Wars could not pull me all the way through the game & I stopped playing about halfway through. A potentially great game with one massive glaringly obvious flaw in that the poor controls & camera system make it un-enjoyable. Expand
  58. Nov 15, 2010
    Great story, great graphics. Completely arbitrary controls. Game is hard, not because it actually is (ie Ninja Gaiden series), but because the character fails to do what you want him to. If the game itself was playable, this would've been a great game. But as it is, the game simply sucks; you'll be playing the same area 5+ times because you get chain knocked down by shoulder cannons..
  59. May 13, 2012
    Lucas Arts, much has already been said right there. A company that has produced great things but possibly more often has brought us potential more so than exhilarating experiences. Star Wars games can be a strange breed and for obvious reasons. The most vast of all expanded sci fi universes is also probably the most protected by fans who truly enjoy all it has to offer. Anything Star WarsLucas Arts, much has already been said right there. A company that has produced great things but possibly more often has brought us potential more so than exhilarating experiences. Star Wars games can be a strange breed and for obvious reasons. The most vast of all expanded sci fi universes is also probably the most protected by fans who truly enjoy all it has to offer. Anything Star Wars is climbing up hill and more often than not it will disappoint, but not always, which is why fans anticipate everything the franchises horizon has to offer. Enter The Force Unleashed, a strange game in sense of just how on the fence it all is when being judged as a good game or not. It is a could be promising title that allows us to one, join the Dark Side, and two, focus on using the force. Two great concepts side by side in a gorgeous package and fans were stoked. Well, this gorgeous package happens to have beauty only skin deep. What could have been a full circle great game has been released as a half broken yet intriguing journey. From the point of view of those just wishing to exist in the Star Wars universe Force Unleashed is a great choice to play. Taking place between episodes 3 and 4, a time where a lot of story is available but we never thought we would see any of it. Darth Vader has himself a young and secret apprentice, which is our protagonist of the story. I do not want to go deep into the plot because it is rather fun to watch it play out. I will explain some though. Vader keeps this apprentice known as Starkiller under his wing and orders him to assassinate remaining Jedi of the council and also plans to over throw Darth Sidious with you by his side. I wont say anymore because honestly the story and cut scenes are the best part about this game and deserve to be brought to you fresh. Story wise this game is very good, and lives up to the best of Star Wars stories outside the original trilogy. It is worth playing solely for that, but everything else in the game falls flat, some even being cringe worthy in just how frustrating the game can be. Force Unleashed is a bit of a rage quitter, and has little to do with straight difficulty. The controls are so bad, and can be so awkward that the word "broken" is on the first to come to mind. It is hard to believe the game was passed by any kind of tester honestly because of how awful the game can be to play at times. It is really a shame because the potential is simply staring you in the face while your busy picking up pieces of your controller after having thrown it against the wall. Whatever you pay for this game add an additional fee for damage done to whatever room your console resides in. The force, in the case of the Ps3, is used with the R2 button, it should lock on to whatever your wishing to focus on and about 80% of the time it will. That is unless your in the heat of battle in which it jumps from about 50% to whatever it wants. Once you get frustrates with this game it is pretty much over, and frustration is inevitable. From locking onto incorrect items, to not locking at all, to getting pummeled by combos that you cannot break, to not being able to jump out of a combo you yourself are performing, to being knocked down time and time again because your under an enemy, the game can be a nightmare. For the first time in years I actually put a game on easy mode simply to enjoy the story and I still had my complaints. And I am a pretty hard gamer who has put a lot of time into very difficult but balanced games. Force Unleashed is not balanced, its just messy. Aside from controls, the game also lacks imagination, something a Star Wars game should thrive on. Levels are sometimes boring and all too linear. Make your way from A to B, take an elevator, and do it again until you run into the boss. It is very aware it is a video game and sticks to this formula. Luckily the atmosphere, environment, graphics, and story keep this from being a huge problem, but its still noticeable. In other words levels get dull and lower from the potential afford mentioned. There are great ideas the fall just short of greatness throughout. The force can be fun, throwing enemies is a blast, light sabers are always a plus, and little things like cutting an AT-ST in half or freezing a stormtrooper in carbonate are all fun additions but almost nothing can save it from the doomed gameplay. I recommend this game to just about anyone wanting a Star Wars game and anyone wanting more story out of the saga, but a warning has been said. I wanted to rate the game higher or possibly an even five but the fact that even the easy play through had a few broken frustrations has my rating sinking lower. This is a four for me but it is the greatest kind of four and scratches at the surface of a five. Not the game it could have been but worth fans attention, even if I heard Darth Sidious's voice as I wanted to break the game in half whispering "good, let the hate flow through you." Expand
  60. MichaelC.
    Sep 13, 2008
    Obviously the consumers reviews are based on the demo. Everyone interested should download before buying. It seems like it is yet another Star Wars game that lives based on the strength of the license. It sucks that you cannot cut people in half using your light saber like they do in the movie. Wonky controls, if you watched any of the making of videos you will be completely underwhelmed Obviously the consumers reviews are based on the demo. Everyone interested should download before buying. It seems like it is yet another Star Wars game that lives based on the strength of the license. It sucks that you cannot cut people in half using your light saber like they do in the movie. Wonky controls, if you watched any of the making of videos you will be completely underwhelmed by what they finally delivered. Play the demo before you buy. Expand
  61. Nov 7, 2013
    The game itself is basically hilariously stupid. I mean...there is fun with throwing people off the stage and making them hit each other. The gameplay and story alike are frickin' stupid. Constantly dying like there's no point. The controls have me beat...the camera sometimes is shaky, but it's still a bad game.
  62. SimonL
    Jul 9, 2009
    At first, the game was alright. But after about 30 minutes of gameplay, I realized that the game went from alright to worse. The camera system is terribly bad. During boss encounters, the development team thought it was a good idea to fix the camera sideways, making it look like a fighting game. Unfortunaly, it doesn't work. It's hard to tell from the angle the distance between At first, the game was alright. But after about 30 minutes of gameplay, I realized that the game went from alright to worse. The camera system is terribly bad. During boss encounters, the development team thought it was a good idea to fix the camera sideways, making it look like a fighting game. Unfortunaly, it doesn't work. It's hard to tell from the angle the distance between objects, from where you stand and to the wall and so on. Very irritating as the boss encounters require you to jump and move around alot. Another thing I find very annyoing is the fact that the targetting system does not work properly... Or maybe it's "working as inteded", I don't know. Anyway, the targetting system is so random that you have to force yourself not to throw the controller down on the floor. You might want to pick up one object that is right infront of you, but the targetting system doesn't want to target that specific object and instead you find yourself throwing away other things. The story is so-so and the characters feel pretty shallow. The main character is whining too much through the entire game. A plus for the different combinations there are in the fighting system. Unfortunaly, you need to spend points in order to get all the good stuff (including force powers and fighting combinations). The extras you can recieve, such as different lightsaber crystal colors or crystal cores which you can gain some passive advantages from (such as health draining when you hit an enemy) aren't quite enough for me to even wanting to replay this game. The replay value is 0. Once you played through it, you'll understand what I mean. You gain nothing from playing it again, except for a new lightsaber color. The music is quite obviously taken from the Star Wars saga as well as the sound effects. The graphics are alright, but for some reason the characters' eyes are creeping me out. Expand
  63. Sep 21, 2010
    I love star wars and have some great film and gaming memories but this was terrible. Full of bugs, bad controls, awful camera and of course QTE's. On the up side, it looks nice and the plot whilst silly could be a lot worse. On another plus is that it is now cheap so if there is nothing else you want to try give it a go, but don't say I didn't warn you!
  64. JasonP
    Feb 12, 2009
    I waited a year for this game to come out and having watched the first Star Wars in the late 70s and having been a huge fan of the franchise ever since, and I might add gaming during that time, I was salivating over the three physics engines and the fantastic graphics. On the physics engine and graphics, 10 out of 10 guys, on the gameplay -100. Shame on you Lucas, I thought you I waited a year for this game to come out and having watched the first Star Wars in the late 70s and having been a huge fan of the franchise ever since, and I might add gaming during that time, I was salivating over the three physics engines and the fantastic graphics. On the physics engine and graphics, 10 out of 10 guys, on the gameplay -100. Shame on you Lucas, I thought you weren't into corporate marketing over substance; you haven't finishing what could have been an absolute classic. Ok, now I'll quantify the problems: 1) A Jedi knight, that walks along a flat surface and comes to a slight incline, oops, he can't move he just gips around on the spot until you jump; COME ON! 2) The bonus cubes, placed in such a way that it's not a question of skill in reaching them, it's a question of how good you are at overcoming the terrible character control to jump just at the right moment, from a buggy game surface that will, 95% the time, result in you jumping into a void and having to restart the level. Again, I wasn't really immersed in the Jedi experience guys. This is just sloppy rushed game design. 3) Camera angles; Grrr, you're turning to fight off a group of storm troopers and all you can see is your guy's left nostril. Attempting to reset the camera angle by pushing one of the paddles just leads to disorientation and action has moved on so far you're in the same boat. Sorry, but the first "alone in the dark" handled this better than you guys, and that game Expand
  65. Mar 20, 2011
    this was a good idea for a game but the people behind it did not do a good enough job with it. they should have stuck with the Battle Front series and made a 3rd one instead of this garbage then work on this a bit longer then release it once it has been polished and well done
  66. DaveC
    May 12, 2009
    This game blows. I guess if you love all things Star Wars you might give it a pass, but it even misses on that front. Overly cartoony animations and terrible character models make this miss on feeling like you're playing actual movie characters. This game is a blatant rip off of God of War - but clearly the developers didn't get what made God of War good. The quicktime sequences This game blows. I guess if you love all things Star Wars you might give it a pass, but it even misses on that front. Overly cartoony animations and terrible character models make this miss on feeling like you're playing actual movie characters. This game is a blatant rip off of God of War - but clearly the developers didn't get what made God of War good. The quicktime sequences were poorly pulled off, the camera control was abysmal. (should've left it out like GoW) Combos were'nt fun, and enemy placement was only annoying. Pretty much the only useful skill was force throwing, which was pretty poorly implemented considering you have to use it almost all the time. Loading screens when you go to the options screen or the inventory is unacceptable. I'm surprised this game passed certification. This is a poor rip off of God of War, much like THQ's Conan. Like Conan, it is a cheap feeling, inferior product. Unlike Conan, it also was no fun at all. This is the only game that I have EVER ejected from my console, and snapped the disc in half. It is also the only game that I have EVER felt the need to warn others against buying. Lucas Arts - how you have fallen. Expand
  67. SeanJ.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I was so disappointed in the game I mailed it back to lucasarts. You can check Seansjohnson.com to see the letter.
  68. Jan 15, 2013
    This game is one straight for the hall of shame, possibly one of the worst games I have ever played in my life and the fact that this garbage was ever printed on discs is simply beyond me. The story is just about anything that keeps it standing, but if I wanted a good story I'd go watch the movies instead of torture myself with this infernal piece of trash. the combat is beyondThis game is one straight for the hall of shame, possibly one of the worst games I have ever played in my life and the fact that this garbage was ever printed on discs is simply beyond me. The story is just about anything that keeps it standing, but if I wanted a good story I'd go watch the movies instead of torture myself with this infernal piece of trash. the combat is beyond unresponsive, on higher difficulties you take an incredible amount of damage from even the most basic enemy attacks and you have absolutely no viable way to counter these attacks whatsoever, and if you do manage to guard, it's usually much too late anyway and you already lost a large chunk of health because this game does not allow you to cancel your combos so that you can guard against incoming fire. every action in this game, from opening your upgrade menu to your options menu will force a loading screen, one can only guess how that must have gone on the PS2 version of this game... the graphics don't stand out at all and the music is just a complete recycling of the same old star wars tracks we've heard in every single entry in the star wars franchise. This game is a complete and utter failure, and while I am glad I bought it pre-owned so the developers don't get a penny out of this whatsoever, the fact alone I spent the little money I paid on this kind of complete garbage feels more wasted than flushing hard earned cash down the toilet. Expand
  69. Jan 16, 2013

1. At the end of the day, this remains a Star Wars game - and an essential one thanks to its compelling story and, to be fair, engaging gameplay. [Oct 2008, p.74]
  2. An ambitious--yet ultimately dissatisfying--effort. [Oct 2008, p.82]
    Uninspired level design and some tedious enemy battles mar an experience that gives you power over the Force like we've never really seen before. While it's far from perfect, Star Wars fans will find that it's worth playing through simply for its story and the ability to use the Force in fairly awesome ways.