Street Fighter IV PlayStation 3

7.3

1. Nov 30, 2015
    bom jogo para jogar com os amigos, tem uma boa jogabilidade, uma ótima trilha sonora, e personagens respeitáveis, é muito bom ter um jogo como esse pra quando vai alguém em sua casa jogar e vc desafiar a pessoa.
  2. Jul 22, 2015
    The game can be extremely hard-literally-on normal difficulty and pulling off Super and Ultra combos is a huge pain with the d-pad. More than often i would lose while attempting to execute the super combos without any luck. For someone who likes the d-pad this game doesn't do anything to help the controls for players who'd rather play with something other than an arcade stick.
  3. Mar 2, 2015
    Singleplayer is very bad, there isn't any story mode, just dialogs of characters and a few cutscene but that is a really enjoyable game with arcade graphics and gameplay. But anyway, that is not good as Mortal Kombat.
  4. Jan 14, 2015
    After many years away from street fighter series. I found this game on sale while back. After few matches, I tried to give this game to my friends for free, but no one wants it. Can't blame them.
    Honestly, if you want a nice street fighter game, I would recommend getting SF2 for SNES emulator or if you happen to have old SNES somewhere, it's even better. But as for this version, I would recommend avoiding it for all costs.
  5. Jun 30, 2014
    I WANT to like this, but I can't. The music is GREAT, the controls are flawless, even the online mode is perfect! But it is way....... WAAAAY too hard for me. Now don't get me wrong, I don't "really" suck at fighting games, don't get me wrong, I can beat MVC2 on expert mode (though I use 1 sentinel, but that's besides the point) but whenever I fight zangief, I always.... ALWAYS, lose.
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    The graphic style is cool but everything else is average or unbalanced.
  7. Feb 20, 2013
    I say that SF IV is one of, if that isn't the best fighting game of 7th generation. The game is very nostalgic, and has a wonderful gameplay. The fighting games fans must have respect to this title: Ed Boon said that the greatest inspiration to Mortal Kombat 2011 (9) was SF IV. You don't have to like, but, at least, show a little respect to SF.
  8. Dec 31, 2012
    The best fighting game of this generation of gaming, bar none. Graphics, Sound, Controls are all top notch, and while I'm not going to say it's better than 2, it has single-handedly restored interest in what was a failing fighting genre.
  9. Sep 24, 2012
    Incredibly unbalanced mess of a game with characters so similar to each other, that there is no point in playing more than one. I regret buying it, since there are much better fighting games out there (Tekken and Mortal Kombat to name a few)
  10. Aug 11, 2012
    It may not be a balanced game and online is laggy, but as a whole Street Fighter IV is a remarkable game which can easily be recommended to players of all skill levels and those who haven't played a fighting game before, due to its variety of modes and characters which accomodate for different playstyles. On PS3 versionj you don't need to install it either. Definitely worth checking out.
  11. Apr 29, 2011
    I like SF,but this is just ridiculous,the balance is just **** up,story of the characters is crap,the gameplay feels like SFII with some tweaks(which is good) a good roster and online play which will give you a lot of fun!
    Overall the game is good,not great but good!
  12. Jan 11, 2011
    Bought this game for "one sofa multiplayer" and it´s just great!!!
    classic chars, classic locations, classic sound, but all better
    same old moves, perfect
  13. Nov 20, 2010
    See I loved streetfighter as a teenager and if this had existed then Id have wet my pants. It ticks all the boxes for a fighting game and indeed has wonderful graphics. The moves are easy to grasp but still need practice to master. The atmosphere is fantastic also. My only gripe could be deemed a positive or a negative in that its still the same game it was 20 years ago. Many fans wouldSee I loved streetfighter as a teenager and if this had existed then Id have wet my pants. It ticks all the boxes for a fighting game and indeed has wonderful graphics. The moves are easy to grasp but still need practice to master. The atmosphere is fantastic also. My only gripe could be deemed a positive or a negative in that its still the same game it was 20 years ago. Many fans would cry out for the same game with better graphics and more characters, I guess im just streetfightered out. If you have never played streetfighter this game is a 10. If you have played streetfighter a lot then this is solid but too samey. Expand
  14. Oct 20, 2010
    This is the best fighting game I've ever played. Balanced, technical, spectacular. For "balanced" I mean that every character can be very powerful or weak depending on several factors: your knowledge of the best moves-combos, the "affinity" with the opponent's character, the play style of the opponent... For "technical" I mean that you can use combos, but not in a "obsessive" way like inThis is the best fighting game I've ever played. Balanced, technical, spectacular. For "balanced" I mean that every character can be very powerful or weak depending on several factors: your knowledge of the best moves-combos, the "affinity" with the opponent's character, the play style of the opponent... For "technical" I mean that you can use combos, but not in a "obsessive" way like in marvel vs capcom or tekken. Some combos are longer than others, but to be able to make a good combo is not a prerequisite to win. You can do it even only with good defense and timing. "Spectacular" because the animations are great and offer a compromise of 2d fighting game "3d looking" that you can only appreciate. I shall answer here to some bad comments I've seen in metacritic: bad music: I agree, but didn't you see that if you add a "title" to your profile you can unlock all the "old" music themes?
    different from other sf games: in my opinion is different from the other SF titles with the exception of SFII. You liked SFII? Then you will like this game too, because the spirit is the same.

I don't give a 10 out of 10 just because of the cinematics at the end and at the beginning of the arcade mode. Only some bad designed frames with almost no animation. Seems incredible!

Buy it.
  15. Aug 28, 2010
    I don't understand why they had to make a whole new game for this. Surely they could just have done a simple software update and DLC for the extra ultras. This was just a way of flogging peoples money. Gameplay wise its slower than the original but everything else remains almost identical, so if anything they've made it worse.
  16. KevinC
    Jan 10, 2010
    I'm an old school streetfighter fan played it to death in the arcades and owned it on other consoles, I've played the ps3 version and the xbox version. There was a massive difference in how the game played between both consoles, xbox was 100 times better than ps3 version. Plus playing online pretty much killed the game for me, slow to block let alone perform moves. My advice is I'm an old school streetfighter fan played it to death in the arcades and owned it on other consoles, I've played the ps3 version and the xbox version. There was a massive difference in how the game played between both consoles, xbox was 100 times better than ps3 version. Plus playing online pretty much killed the game for me, slow to block let alone perform moves. My advice is if you want to play this game, play it on an xbox not a ps3. Expand
  17. OmarB
    Dec 27, 2009
    this game is absoloutly brilliant and holds a high contrast to more realistic games such as tekken 6, this gives the user a sense of super power through its unrealism and takes them to the "street fighter world" . On a negative aspect however the main theme song could have been more hardcore to attract a older target audiencerather then soft touch.
  18. FelipeL
    Dec 1, 2009
    The best fighting game ever for ps3 system, and a really well done job on art by bringing back from the past one of the worlds most famous games ever. Fans have to have it.
  19. JohnDoe
    Nov 14, 2009
    i like many other people tried to like this game the graphics i really liked but everything else failed, the gameplay was awful stories were like 10 seconds and made no sense and online was awful
  20. SR
    Sep 27, 2009
    I just bought this game today, started out on the hardest dificulty level with Zangief and got to the final boss Seth losing about 3 times along the way before I spent an hour trying to beat Seth then quit. The second time I played through all the way to Seth using Zangief again without losing once then beat Seth after about 6 attempts once I realized the spinning clothesline was a good I just bought this game today, started out on the hardest dificulty level with Zangief and got to the final boss Seth losing about 3 times along the way before I spent an hour trying to beat Seth then quit. The second time I played through all the way to Seth using Zangief again without losing once then beat Seth after about 6 attempts once I realized the spinning clothesline was a good counter to Seth's stupid teleporting whenever he knocks you down. Overall I would say that I like Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max on the Sony PSP better than this game. I haven't played every single version ever (I have only played the original SF2, SSF2 Turbo, and SFA3 on the PSP) but I prefer being able to juggle opponents with basic hits (not just ultra combos) and there is something about the timing in SF4 which is off, I got used to it after about 5 fights but I definitely prefer the timing from the older versions. Maybe if I start working on using the new focus attacks, etc. it will be more fun. Hopefully I will get it together and get internet service for my ps3 so I can start schooling all the Ryu and Ken fanboys with Zangief online, it will be like 1992 in the arcade all over again. Expand
  21. PedroD.
    Aug 28, 2009
    Good game. But highly repetitive. I played the original in the 90's and was sad to see that the fundamentals had little change.
    You can still use the same combinations on the PC to beat it. I 'clocked it' in my 5th hour of play on medium difficulty.
    I can't rate a game any higher than 5 if you can't get more than 20hr of challenging game play. The graphics are
    The graphics are stunning, the game is polished, but just lacks depth.
    Maybe well suited to someone who hasn't played it before.
  22. shad
    Aug 7, 2009
    Pretty much the best fighter since Street fighter 3.For all the fags sayin its unbalanced you have probably never played any other SF in your life.SF4 probably the most balanced SF up to date.the boss seth is cheap but the playable version isnt that great.Go watch some abel or c.viper videos and then say they suck.The only bad character i find in this game is vega he was nerfed a bit tooPretty much the best fighter since Street fighter 3.For all the fags sayin its unbalanced you have probably never played any other SF in your life.SF4 probably the most balanced SF up to date.the boss seth is cheap but the playable version isnt that great.Go watch some abel or c.viper videos and then say they suck.The only bad character i find in this game is vega he was nerfed a bit too much but overall probably the most balanced game till date for its roseter. Expand
  23. kevincroughan
    Jul 6, 2009
    o.k i dont tend to vote on metacritic but street fighters 4 is constantly annoying me by getting good scores.i really cant understand why people think its so good.i understand that the graphics are lovely but the fights arent that fluent or fun and the caracters are unbalenced.i rented this once and i could only make my self play it twice in a week.i would also recemend every one to rento.k i dont tend to vote on metacritic but street fighters 4 is constantly annoying me by getting good scores.i really cant understand why people think its so good.i understand that the graphics are lovely but the fights arent that fluent or fun and the caracters are unbalenced.i rented this once and i could only make my self play it twice in a week.i would also recemend every one to rent before they buy.basicly its simple not fun and not well done i really hoped i was going to enjoy this but i didnt.THANKS FOR READING!!! Expand
  24. JamesL.
    Jun 26, 2009
    Street Fighter returns with avengance with a HD makeover. All original SFII characters return with some new fighters, old moves and new. The controls are really responsive and it has a fair learning curve for newcomers and SFII fans alike. Anyone who is looking for a one on one fighting game should purchase this as it is the best fighter to date.
  25. MarkD
    Jun 21, 2009
    This is evolution not revolution. Apart from the obvious new characters, graphics and minor gameplay tweeks Capcom have taken the series back to its roots. Make no mistake though, this is a good thing as the classic nature of SF2 never fades. Some still consider it the best fighter ever. So why have i "only" given this an 8? Well because it's not perfect that's why. The new This is evolution not revolution. Apart from the obvious new characters, graphics and minor gameplay tweeks Capcom have taken the series back to its roots. Make no mistake though, this is a good thing as the classic nature of SF2 never fades. Some still consider it the best fighter ever. So why have i "only" given this an 8? Well because it's not perfect that's why. The new characters don't seem to have much, erm, character and feel slightly unbalanced. El Fuerte, for example, is especially weak. Abel and C. Viper are decent but seem to lack the X factor that made Ryu, Chun Li et al such iconic games characters. The new Ultra moves are a nightmare to pull off with a normal controller and only seve to frustate. It also seems unfair that you can dominate an opponent only for them to turn the fight back in their favour with an Ultra move that's nearly impossable to dodge. Seth in particular is fond of this little trick (arsehole). There are other little irritations. Yes, i mean the cut scenes and the god awful, inapropiate, Nsync b-side title music. It may sound strange that i'm having a long moan about a game i've a good score to but like others who have posted before me, i feel some of the 10/10 reviews have been OOT and it's important to get some balance. Expand
  26. NeT
    Jun 9, 2009
    I was expecting a lot more from this game, especially after reading all the reviews. It's far from a bad game, but in my opinion, it was very over hyped. The new characters are cool, and it feels good to play with the classic fighters, but the game doesn't move as fast as I enjoyed it back then. Maybe it's just me, but the controls don't feel very responsive when I I was expecting a lot more from this game, especially after reading all the reviews. It's far from a bad game, but in my opinion, it was very over hyped. The new characters are cool, and it feels good to play with the classic fighters, but the game doesn't move as fast as I enjoyed it back then. Maybe it's just me, but the controls don't feel very responsive when I input a special move. Sometimes instead of doing my revenge super, I end up just doing a regular super, even if I hit the button that's suppose to be all three kicks or punches. Also, restricting us with only one revenge super and only one watered down normal version of THAT super sucks. (The exception being Dan... and that special is totally useless... ) EX moves are okay and the animations are very nice, but I feel that a lot has been lost in Street Fighter 4... to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer Street Fighter Alpha 3 or 3rd strike over this... Still, good try Capcom. Hope you guys deliver way more with Street Fighter 5. Expand
  27. LamarN.
    May 16, 2009
    Please explain how this game is balanced? All I need to say is this. Sagat, Akuma, Balrog, Zangief, Gouken, Ryu, and Ken. Sagat is ALWAYS overpowered, so there's no explanation needed for that, but you would think that by NOW Capcom would find a way to make him SOMEWHAT balanced. Akuma may have low health, but that doesn't matter when you can hardly touch the bastard. He also Please explain how this game is balanced? All I need to say is this. Sagat, Akuma, Balrog, Zangief, Gouken, Ryu, and Ken. Sagat is ALWAYS overpowered, so there's no explanation needed for that, but you would think that by NOW Capcom would find a way to make him SOMEWHAT balanced. Akuma may have low health, but that doesn't matter when you can hardly touch the bastard. He also can do combos that take half your health and stun you, do you know what that means? It takes 2 combos to kill you. If you get STUNNED after the first one, that's like saying "You're pretty much dead after 1 combo." His ultra and super take way more health than necessary as well. Balrog (Or Mike Byson/Mighty Mother Fucker) is a pure example of what an overpowered hold character would be. His PRIORITY is really high, the damage he deals is pretty deadly, his SPEED is fast, he has frames that let you COMBO after his friggen hold moves giving you NO chance to punish him AFTER he does them (I've tried), he can ZOOM past projectiles (His headbutt goes through projectiles too, but that's not overpowered :B ), so what's NOT overpowered about this guy? He has great reach, strength, power, priority, antiprojectile moves, antiair moves, I mean he's a hold character, but 2 seconds doesn't seem too damn long when he can stay back as long as he likes. Zangief does too much damage with his overpowered Ultra that basically kills you, the range of his grabs are further than before, he has high priority moves, and who the Hell cares if his speed is low when he has the glowing hand of screen hop? He just zooms to you with that hand as if walking was a thing of a past, plus that damn thing does alot of damage, and it's hard to dodge his EX running grab because you'd have to jump over him or something to get past it, you can't just hit him because he'll GRAB you if you get close and attempt it, it won't knock him out of it and he won't lose his health anyhow, plus he's fucking huge so how can you expect to jump over that so easily? Gouken... This is a mix between a combo and shoto character in a way... He has a Fei Long move that's much more powerful, has much more range, is a bit less punishable, and you can't get out of it because you're hit into the friggen air and the other 2 hits hurt you while you're coming down... It's a strong ass juggling combo... His back grab MAY seem useless, but any grab that literally sets you up for a heavy damage ultra doesn't seem so useless after. He can Hadouken wherever he pleases as well. Just have to spam it right. Gouken is a mess for obvious reasons. Whatever the tier list says can kiss my ass because there's a HUGE flaw with it. These guys may be experts of Fighting games, but that doesn't mean they're good with every friggen character on the damned list, that's probably why they suck with Dan so badly, because they don't know how to use him and never even gave him a chance I bet, so if they think Dan sucks, they can suck on my balls and find a REAL Dan player instead of thinking "Hey, I'm an expert, I'm good with just every character automatically." Ryu and Ken: Have you noticed something? Why isn't Shoryuken an anti air move anymore? Anyhow, Ryu is just flatout good with everything. Ken is only good with shoryukens. Ryu has easy fast movements that can combo well, while Ken has some slightly heavier movements that don't combo as well. Anyhow, Ken's shoryuken pisses me off because it takes 1/4th of your God damned health, not to mention his Ultra... There's giving a chance to win and there's giving someone a fucking WIN BUTTON, what are they doing for KEN I wonder, I mean does he even NEED it? Ryu and Ken are both great characters already, but no, they have to give them more than they deserve. Also, Ryu's Super and Ultra are so easy to merge compared to everyone else's that it's not even funny. Let's move on to the SUCKY characters. Fei Long (I LOVE Fei Long, but he sucks compared to other characters) is a character I love and a little hard to figure out... kinda.. Anyhow, his 3 hit combo is very punishable, it does so little damage, you have to TIME the hits right to go past a projectile when BALROG can just go like "Hey, a projectile?" and the projectile hits him going like "Tink" as if it didn't hit him, they nerfed his Chicken Wing that had no range but did around as much damage as Ken's Shoryuken, he has almost no antiprojectile properties, you have to get close to your enemies to use him, I think one of the few things I can say that's good about him is his speed. His speed is great, even the speed of his antiair is great to some extent (Could be a little faster), and then there's that leg grab thing... That thing SHOULD give you a free hit, but it doesn't, I've tested that thing and moves can be blocked, so what if it throws off your opponent? Once they realize it's use, they know you can just block and punish. His friggen jump kick thing is gay too because it can't hop over projectiles and it looks like it should hit overhead, but it doesn't, so it's almost useless except for the fact that it's more unpredictable than some of the other things he has. Gen is a great character... If you take 90 hours on him or something. I mean, he looks like an awesome character, but God damn it do they make it hard to play with him and in the end, is it really even worth all that effort and time? Once people figure out how he works, he'd just become much easier to deal with, I mean, right now Gen's advantage is this, nobody plays him so nobody knows shit about what to do against him. There are people who do play him, however, once people find out that roll's priority is nothing, they'll go like, "Oh, let me just *Kicks Gen*" and Gekiro's timing is sooo anoyying, it has almost no range as an antiair and the timing is horrible when trying to pull it off completely. Capcom must have been like "Hey, let's annoy people more by making Gekiro's timing really really gay." El Fuerte as well is a decent character, but not even that good. You have to time crap so well and once people figure out how he works, just like Gen, he'll fall down to the ground. He's just a character that is a bit unpredictable, but very much punishable. He's complex to use and you have to time crap so well that it's almost not even worth the time and effort, I could have been doing something with that tame wasted on trying to figure someone like out, like being overpowered with Akuma. Some characters are kind of fine, like Guile, Cammy, Abel, Rufus, they seem like characters that are good in the point of being balanced and fair without having something that can win the match without requiring skill. Dan doesn't seem as bad as those losers who don't know how to play him, make him out to be. I have MORE complaints about this game as well. The graphics suck my balls in 9 different dimensions and from the point of view that can look at 3D design and tell if effort was really put into it and not from some noob who goes like "OH! 3D graphics are always better even though I don't know crap and that it takes alot more effort to make 2D graphics, but I'm too ignorant to realize that using a program like 3D studio max is easier than drawing something on paper and making sure that everything is proportioned to the character's size and image. Not to mention the backrounds kinda suck and aren't even that memorable The music is really... What IS that? Is that even FIGHTING music? The badass music in Street Fighter 2 was one of the reasons SF2 was so amazing! I played on Guile's stage and everything just comes out at you while that badass music just keeps on playing and you're feeling the spirit of a fighter or some shit. But THIS is a disgrace to what WAS Street Fighter. I could have made better music with just my bass guitar alone! The storyline is horrible, the voice acting is TERRIBLE and what makes it more flat out obvious is El Fuerte's. I mean, come on, you give the guy a gay introduction, a gay look, a gay voice, a kinda gay fighting style, now a gay storyline? Hasn't he suffered enough? They put too much crap into the Focus Attack though, it's sooo annoying trying to pull off combos based on focus attack dash cancel combos in order to create something worth some form of effort. Was Capcom thinking one day "Hm... Say! Let's take Street Fighter 4 and make it into the most mainstream fighting game ever!" and someone else was probably like "What about the gamers who have stuck with us through and through and actually care about the quality of gaming?" I guess that guy was probably fired... Anyhow, I have played many fighting games and really, I'm so disappointed with Street Fighter 4... You'd think with all the lack of everything else, the gameplay would have made up for it by a LOT. Not to be a "fanboy" or some bull, but King of Fighters 11 had WAY more characters than Street Fighter 4 and it could STILL remain more or just as balanced as SF4. Some newbies that made a game called Akatsuki Blitzkampf that has around 12 characters that is more balanced than SF4. Now, I know 12 characters isn't that much, however, this was their FIRST GAME. Capcom has made ALOT of Fighting games and they still can't keep it that balanced... Anyhow, I really think this game was just made to make money from any person who would play it and don't care about what gamers want as long as money gets into their wallet and everybody's favorite characters are overpowered. The only few upsides of this game is that if you play a character that doesn't suck, the game doesn't seem so unbalanced and even though the game does suck, it's fun. Expand
  28. DanielH
    May 14, 2009
    Through the last 18 years, since the first Street Fighter was launched, Capcom has been polishing the games structure and entertainment value. With this release, Capcom shows us the meaning of perfect balance and speed between gameplay and characters. Street Fighter IV is an absolute must have for fans of this genre and for next-gen console owners as well.
  29. AJ
    May 7, 2009
    This is by far the best street fighter ever! It is probably worth the big price tag coz this game will always be in my library. it plays amazingly smooth. turned out alot better than I thought. will be a difficult task if they are to top this game. I say well done. JUST GET RID OF SETH!
  30. ChazS
    Apr 6, 2009
    I don't quite understand how this game top scores. Its not a horrible game but it definitely doesn't live up the the Street fighter legacy. What really stung me about this game right off the bat is the horrible intro music. Made it seem like a cheesey knock off game....When are we going to see some Capcom vs marvel for the next gen?

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    By striking a balance between fresh and familiar, and by delivering the best aspects of Street Fighters past, Street Fighter IV is easily one of this console generation's best fighting games. [Feb 2009, p.66]
  2. PSM3 Magazine UK
    SFIV had to be a Street Fighter that can be played by anyone who’s ever picked up Street Fighter II, and a Street Fighter that gives everyone all the help they’ll need if they’re starting completely from scratch. It’s effortlessly both of those things. While every other fighting game has become an elitist club for the best of the best, Capcom have given Street Fighter back to the people, where it belongs.
    At the end of the day, that's really what this Street Fighter is: it's a title that's built for newcomers, yet tweaked for old school vets from the arcade and console days. [Mar 2009, p.75]