Street Fighter IV PlayStation 3

7.3

1. Aug 11, 2012
    It may not be a balanced game and online is laggy, but as a whole Street Fighter IV is a remarkable game which can easily be recommended to players of all skill levels and those who haven't played a fighting game before, due to its variety of modes and characters which accomodate for different playstyles. On PS3 versionj you don't need to install it either. Definitely worth checking out.
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    The graphic style is cool but everything else is average or unbalanced.
  3. Jun 30, 2014
    I WANT to like this, but I can't. The music is GREAT, the controls are flawless, even the online mode is perfect! But it is way....... WAAAAY too hard for me. Now don't get me wrong, I don't "really" suck at fighting games, don't get me wrong, I can beat MVC2 on expert mode (though I use 1 sentinel, but that's besides the point) but whenever I fight zangief, I always.... ALWAYS, lose.
  4. Nov 20, 2010
    See I loved streetfighter as a teenager and if this had existed then Id have wet my pants. It ticks all the boxes for a fighting game and indeed has wonderful graphics. The moves are easy to grasp but still need practice to master. The atmosphere is fantastic also. My only gripe could be deemed a positive or a negative in that its still the same game it was 20 years ago. Many fans wouldSee I loved streetfighter as a teenager and if this had existed then Id have wet my pants. It ticks all the boxes for a fighting game and indeed has wonderful graphics. The moves are easy to grasp but still need practice to master. The atmosphere is fantastic also. My only gripe could be deemed a positive or a negative in that its still the same game it was 20 years ago. Many fans would cry out for the same game with better graphics and more characters, I guess im just streetfightered out. If you have never played streetfighter this game is a 10. If you have played streetfighter a lot then this is solid but too samey. Expand
  5. Jan 14, 2015
    After many years away from street fighter series. I found this game on sale while back. After few matches, I tried to give this game to my friends for free, but no one wants it. Can't blame them.
    Honestly, if you want a nice street fighter game, I would recommend getting SF2 for SNES emulator or if you happen to have old SNES somewhere, it's even better. But as for this version, I would recommend avoiding it for all costs.
  6. Feb 20, 2013
    I say that SF IV is one of, if that isn't the best fighting game of 7th generation. The game is very nostalgic, and has a wonderful gameplay. The fighting games fans must have respect to this title: Ed Boon said that the greatest inspiration to Mortal Kombat 2011 (9) was SF IV. You don't have to like, but, at least, show a little respect to SF.
  7. Nov 30, 2015
    bom jogo para jogar com os amigos, tem uma boa jogabilidade, uma ótima trilha sonora, e personagens respeitáveis, é muito bom ter um jogo como esse pra quando vai alguém em sua casa jogar e vc desafiar a pessoa.
  8. Aug 28, 2010
    I don't understand why they had to make a whole new game for this. Surely they could just have done a simple software update and DLC for the extra ultras. This was just a way of flogging peoples money. Gameplay wise its slower than the original but everything else remains almost identical, so if anything they've made it worse.
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    I like SF,but this is just ridiculous,the balance is just **** up,story of the characters is crap,the gameplay feels like SFII with some tweaks(which is good) a good roster and online play which will give you a lot of fun!
    Overall the game is good,not great but good!
  10. Sep 24, 2012
    Incredibly unbalanced mess of a game with characters so similar to each other, that there is no point in playing more than one. I regret buying it, since there are much better fighting games out there (Tekken and Mortal Kombat to name a few)
  11. Dec 31, 2012
    The best fighting game of this generation of gaming, bar none. Graphics, Sound, Controls are all top notch, and while I'm not going to say it's better than 2, it has single-handedly restored interest in what was a failing fighting genre.
  12. Jul 22, 2015
    The game can be extremely hard-literally-on normal difficulty and pulling off Super and Ultra combos is a huge pain with the d-pad. More than often i would lose while attempting to execute the super combos without any luck. For someone who likes the d-pad this game doesn't do anything to help the controls for players who'd rather play with something other than an arcade stick.
  13. KevinC
    Jan 10, 2010
    I'm an old school streetfighter fan played it to death in the arcades and owned it on other consoles, I've played the ps3 version and the xbox version. There was a massive difference in how the game played between both consoles, xbox was 100 times better than ps3 version. Plus playing online pretty much killed the game for me, slow to block let alone perform moves. My advice is I'm an old school streetfighter fan played it to death in the arcades and owned it on other consoles, I've played the ps3 version and the xbox version. There was a massive difference in how the game played between both consoles, xbox was 100 times better than ps3 version. Plus playing online pretty much killed the game for me, slow to block let alone perform moves. My advice is if you want to play this game, play it on an xbox not a ps3. Expand
  14. ChazS
    Apr 6, 2009
    I don't quite understand how this game top scores. Its not a horrible game but it definitely doesn't live up the the Street fighter legacy. What really stung me about this game right off the bat is the horrible intro music. Made it seem like a cheesey knock off game....When are we going to see some Capcom vs marvel for the next gen?
  15. FelipeL
    Dec 1, 2009
    The best fighting game ever for ps3 system, and a really well done job on art by bringing back from the past one of the worlds most famous games ever. Fans have to have it.
  16. RickC.
    Feb 20, 2009
    This game is crap. I was a huge fan of the street fighter series back when II hit the arcades. Well... This might as well be part II version 26. Not a lot has changed if you ask me. Sure there are some new characters. whoopdeedoo. I think Part III had more new characters then this one. It will be ok if you have never played any of the previous 25 versions of street fighter.
  17. SuleimanM.
    Feb 20, 2009
    Fantastic! Back to its roots. No more tag teams, or any non sense of that kind. Great roster, incredible graphics, and most importantly, it's Street Fighter. Anyone that even has a SLIGHT interest in the genre must pick this up. Anyone giving this game under an 8 is clearly playing it by themselves, enough said.
  18. imadf
    Mar 30, 2009
    This is by far the best street fighter game ever made!!!!! in fact it si the best fighting game ver made!!!! possibly the best game ever made. This game has made the fighting genre appealing after a massive downturn. It is very accessible yet very depp if you are willing to invest some time in it. The characters are well balanced, fighting is graceful and fluid and the graphics are This is by far the best street fighter game ever made!!!!! in fact it si the best fighting game ver made!!!! possibly the best game ever made. This game has made the fighting genre appealing after a massive downturn. It is very accessible yet very depp if you are willing to invest some time in it. The characters are well balanced, fighting is graceful and fluid and the graphics are astounding and need to be seen to be appreciated. Great art style!!!!! My only issue with the game is its online component. While you can get into some robust games that play well i still encounter times where it becomes virtually unplayable. This is due to the fact that i reside in Austrlia and playing someone the other side of the world is in fact a challenge. However with all that said there is a considerable amount of cheaters online. Players that quit early once they are about to lose are all over the place and they go unpunihed. Also there are a few people that use lag switches to gain advantages. Simply these actions reck what is otherwise a perfect experinece. Get this game, you simply must play this. Expand
  19. NeT
    Jun 9, 2009
    I was expecting a lot more from this game, especially after reading all the reviews. It's far from a bad game, but in my opinion, it was very over hyped. The new characters are cool, and it feels good to play with the classic fighters, but the game doesn't move as fast as I enjoyed it back then. Maybe it's just me, but the controls don't feel very responsive when I I was expecting a lot more from this game, especially after reading all the reviews. It's far from a bad game, but in my opinion, it was very over hyped. The new characters are cool, and it feels good to play with the classic fighters, but the game doesn't move as fast as I enjoyed it back then. Maybe it's just me, but the controls don't feel very responsive when I input a special move. Sometimes instead of doing my revenge super, I end up just doing a regular super, even if I hit the button that's suppose to be all three kicks or punches. Also, restricting us with only one revenge super and only one watered down normal version of THAT super sucks. (The exception being Dan... and that special is totally useless... ) EX moves are okay and the animations are very nice, but I feel that a lot has been lost in Street Fighter 4... to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer Street Fighter Alpha 3 or 3rd strike over this... Still, good try Capcom. Hope you guys deliver way more with Street Fighter 5. Expand
  20. SquidJ.
    Feb 17, 2009
    Move over third strike...Sf4 is the true sequel and the best SF period.
  21. JeffLundy
    Mar 14, 2009
    Poor, poor game. It's a shame, because I was looking forward to this. The graphics are good -- certainly a fascinating application of 3d means to 2d methods. The controls are clunky, the menus are bad, and the music...my God, the music. It is easily the worst game music I've ever come across. This was a real disappointment.
  22. KevinB
    Mar 21, 2009
    As of writing this I have played through the Arcade with about half the characters and unlocked Akuma and Gouken. The only reason that I have played this much is that I really want to like this game, but I can't justify why. There is only one time that this game is truly fun, when playing with a friend who is in the same room as you. This game lacks innovation, ambition, and As of writing this I have played through the Arcade with about half the characters and unlocked Akuma and Gouken. The only reason that I have played this much is that I really want to like this game, but I can't justify why. There is only one time that this game is truly fun, when playing with a friend who is in the same room as you. This game lacks innovation, ambition, and enjoyment. Graphics: They are cell shaded, 3D modeled, and nice looking, but not that great. They look good for a Street Fighter game but compared to anything else on next-gen consoles they don't actually look that great. Right after I bought the game my roommate saw it and said "that doesn't look that great for a PS3 game." It is an interesting look that is behind the times. Gameplay: It pays to be as cheep as possible. Playing through Arcade mode with different characters the first thing that I do is try and find the cheapest move that I can and just do that over and over and over. This is especially true on the last boss Seth. If you actually try and fight him he will usually kill you really fast, he teleports all over the screen then when he actually ends up teleporting next to you he will just grab and throw you. If you do manage to get his health low he will use his Ultra Combo (which there really isn Expand
  23. BilltheIceman
    Mar 3, 2009
    It's funny that 360 owners are screaming that both versions need a 3rd party controller to fully enjoy the game, yet PS3 owners seem to find the default controller to work just fine. I've played both versions at home and can't find a difference worth noting. If you want to shell out an extra 59-99 dollars on a special controller, go with the 360 version - but the PS3 It's funny that 360 owners are screaming that both versions need a 3rd party controller to fully enjoy the game, yet PS3 owners seem to find the default controller to work just fine. I've played both versions at home and can't find a difference worth noting. If you want to shell out an extra 59-99 dollars on a special controller, go with the 360 version - but the PS3 controller works fine for me. Expand
  24. jhagla
    Mar 9, 2009
    This is the best fighting game ever, I can't get enough. When i first started playing i didn't think too much of it. I decided to give it a chance and mastered a few characters went online and pwned some noobs. Now i just can't stop pwning noobs. I sit at work all day long thinking about Pwning Noobs! It PWNS!!!!
  25. GK
    Apr 2, 2009
    I normally don't post on forums, but having just sold my SF4 copy to Gamestop for $30, I feel compelled to speak up and warn wary buyers. Clonic M. above summarizes this game's problems well, so I'm just adding to on his comments, which I fully adopt here: -unresponsive controls -SLOW loading times (yes, even after installing 2GB of data onto the hard drive), which you have I normally don't post on forums, but having just sold my SF4 copy to Gamestop for $30, I feel compelled to speak up and warn wary buyers. Clonic M. above summarizes this game's problems well, so I'm just adding to on his comments, which I fully adopt here: -unresponsive controls -SLOW loading times (yes, even after installing 2GB of data onto the hard drive), which you have to endure after every match -stupid menus (you'll enjoy this while going into the moves list in practice mode) -did I mention that the controls are unresponsive? this is why you have to mash the h*ll out of your directional pad just to do a simple hadoken. In conclusion, RENT before you buy...which you probably won't until the price drops significantly below $60. Expand
  26. AJ
    May 7, 2009
    This is by far the best street fighter ever! It is probably worth the big price tag coz this game will always be in my library. it plays amazingly smooth. turned out alot better than I thought. will be a difficult task if they are to top this game. I say well done. JUST GET RID OF SETH!
  27. kevincroughan
    Jul 6, 2009
    o.k i dont tend to vote on metacritic but street fighters 4 is constantly annoying me by getting good scores.i really cant understand why people think its so good.i understand that the graphics are lovely but the fights arent that fluent or fun and the caracters are unbalenced.i rented this once and i could only make my self play it twice in a week.i would also recemend every one to rento.k i dont tend to vote on metacritic but street fighters 4 is constantly annoying me by getting good scores.i really cant understand why people think its so good.i understand that the graphics are lovely but the fights arent that fluent or fun and the caracters are unbalenced.i rented this once and i could only make my self play it twice in a week.i would also recemend every one to rent before they buy.basicly its simple not fun and not well done i really hoped i was going to enjoy this but i didnt.THANKS FOR READING!!! Expand
  28. shad
    Aug 7, 2009
    Pretty much the best fighter since Street fighter 3.For all the fags sayin its unbalanced you have probably never played any other SF in your life.SF4 probably the most balanced SF up to date.the boss seth is cheap but the playable version isnt that great.Go watch some abel or c.viper videos and then say they suck.The only bad character i find in this game is vega he was nerfed a bit tooPretty much the best fighter since Street fighter 3.For all the fags sayin its unbalanced you have probably never played any other SF in your life.SF4 probably the most balanced SF up to date.the boss seth is cheap but the playable version isnt that great.Go watch some abel or c.viper videos and then say they suck.The only bad character i find in this game is vega he was nerfed a bit too much but overall probably the most balanced game till date for its roseter. Expand
  29. PhilG.
    Feb 17, 2009
    I really well balanced, polished fighting game wich merges the best of mechanics of Street Fighters past with the new Focus Attack system. Awesome
  30. NadimK.
    Feb 17, 2009
    An awesome fighting game and the true continuation to the Street Fighter series.

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    By striking a balance between fresh and familiar, and by delivering the best aspects of Street Fighters past, Street Fighter IV is easily one of this console generation's best fighting games. [Feb 2009, p.66]
  2. PSM3 Magazine UK
    SFIV had to be a Street Fighter that can be played by anyone who’s ever picked up Street Fighter II, and a Street Fighter that gives everyone all the help they’ll need if they’re starting completely from scratch. It’s effortlessly both of those things. While every other fighting game has become an elitist club for the best of the best, Capcom have given Street Fighter back to the people, where it belongs.
    At the end of the day, that's really what this Street Fighter is: it's a title that's built for newcomers, yet tweaked for old school vets from the arcade and console days. [Mar 2009, p.75]