5.3

1. Mar 25, 2013
    SFxT is a really good game because it can be played co-operatively, and the customisation of characters along with a good tutorial make it easy to pick up. Game mechanics are quite good and make for much more satisfying matches compared to SSFIV, but the PS3 version is not the best I'm afraid. The framerate seems slightly lower than PC version, and there is noticeable input delay. However,SFxT is a really good game because it can be played co-operatively, and the customisation of characters along with a good tutorial make it easy to pick up. Game mechanics are quite good and make for much more satisfying matches compared to SSFIV, but the PS3 version is not the best I'm afraid. The framerate seems slightly lower than PC version, and there is noticeable input delay. However, the main problem is not this, but the online. Unless you play with someone on full connection in your region it will be the laggiest game you will ever play. If you want a good fighting game which has a large selection of characters to suit everyone, satisfying, nice to look at and has trials, missions, arcade mode etc. then you won't go wrong with this. Just be wary of the PS3 version if you're planning to play online. Expand
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    I had high hopes for this game as soon as it was announced. Unfortunately it didn't live up to it's potential for me. I should say that while I have been a long time fan of both franchises, I am more of a Tekken fighter. That being said, if you are coming into this game from more of a Tekken perspective...you may not like it too much. In taking Tekken into a 2-D plane, maybe thereI had high hopes for this game as soon as it was announced. Unfortunately it didn't live up to it's potential for me. I should say that while I have been a long time fan of both franchises, I am more of a Tekken fighter. That being said, if you are coming into this game from more of a Tekken perspective...you may not like it too much. In taking Tekken into a 2-D plane, maybe there wasn't any way around it but they completely changed the button setup. It just didn't work for me. Also, being a big fan of Law, I was really disappointed with what they did with his character. He just came off as a desperate, money hungry bum. All in all, if you're really interested in the game I would say rent it or borrow it from a friend. Collapse
  3. Mar 12, 2012
    Thank you Capcom for putting content I cannot use on the disk! I will not pay more just to have all characters unlocked... seriously who cares about Pac-Man in a fighting game! But unfortunatly the DLC content is not just about characters, there is the gem system in that game and if you want to be competitive you will have to pay to get all the gems available in the game. The gem systemThank you Capcom for putting content I cannot use on the disk! I will not pay more just to have all characters unlocked... seriously who cares about Pac-Man in a fighting game! But unfortunatly the DLC content is not just about characters, there is the gem system in that game and if you want to be competitive you will have to pay to get all the gems available in the game. The gem system is not even that interesting anyway. I understand that Capcom tried to attract casual players with this game and I think it's a good idea, but I doubt hardcore player will appreciate it. The one button preset combo thing is really retarded, it defeats the purpose of the game where all the strategy now goes into switching characters. Expand
  4. Jul 14, 2012
    A gem system ruins what should really be quite a solid fighter. However, somehow Capcom thought this long awaited cross-over would be a great time to experiment with P2W concepts in fighting games. Truly a shame.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    My expectation for this game was hoping to see something pretty much similar to Street Fighter II or IV fighting style with certainly adding on to the improvement on the back end engines. Unfortunately, this game is in between Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom (series). It didn't live up to its potential for me. The entire method of the game switched from one of mastering specialMy expectation for this game was hoping to see something pretty much similar to Street Fighter II or IV fighting style with certainly adding on to the improvement on the back end engines. Unfortunately, this game is in between Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom (series). It didn't live up to its potential for me. The entire method of the game switched from one of mastering special moves to learning how to cheese with unblockable combo chains, with or without special moves, that would juggle your opponent to the point where players COULDN'T do anything. The whole idea is juggling your opponent(s) into combos that can't be blocked and can't be broken and then unleashing a series hit strings that takes down their life to near dead. As a result, the "X" factor excitement that exist in Street Fighter series are gone. With the new addition of partner/tag systems, all the strategy now goes into switching partners/characters and more IRRITATINGLY, the tag system of one partner dies, the other dies too. Capcom really need to learn more from SNK in this department. Another new addition to this game is the gem system. I must give this credit to Capcom with this new creative ideas. However, the main problem with the gems are uncontrollable. It is not like I want to execute the gems when I need them; but rather, if it met certain criterias, then the gems is activated automatically. It beats the purpose of having them in the first place. I have also never like them because of the neon color (red, yellow, or green) is activated depending on which gem is activated and it makes eyes very uncomfortable. But if you want to be competitive, you have no choice but to own and to strategize all those gems. The best part is you will have to pay to get all the gems available in the game. When you are in the middle of fight you could not even remember how many times you blocked or attacked. You hardly could monitor this; in the end, it won't matter anymore. It will be a different story if it can be controlled and executed when you want them to be executed according to your own timing. Graphically, the game is OK. It has humorous characters' acting and decent story modes, but meaningless trial challenge. I'm sure people who only started playing Marvel vs. Capcom (series) will be in love with this game. But as someone who grew up with Street Fighter, who remembers learning the moves, the skill and timing of how to deploy them, this game is a much disappointment especially to the Street Fighter II and IV fans. Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2012
    This is a ok fighter. It really doesent have many modes decent amount of charecters and even though the whole dlc on disc its still ok. Not really worth buying wait for super street fighter x tekken gold championship 3d edition.
  7. Nov 18, 2012
    Two completely different fighting inputs put into one game is a bit difficult at first, but you get used to it. However I'd rather play Street Fighter or Tekken as its own game
  8. Aug 9, 2013
    Street Fighter x Tekken is pretty.... different. Here are the things:
    Pro:
    - Fast and easy to learn/hard to master gameplay. - Some cool customiations options. - Gem system is a welcome change, if a little lacking. - Pretty stable roster from both worlds. - Story is actually interresting and compeling. - Megaman and Pacman are just awesome (Make this megaman canon to Street fighter
    Street Fighter x Tekken is pretty.... different. Here are the things:
    Pro:
    - Fast and easy to learn/hard to master gameplay.
    - Some cool customiations options.
    - Gem system is a welcome change, if a little lacking.
    - Pretty stable roster from both worlds.
    - Story is actually interresting and compeling.
    - Megaman and Pacman are just awesome (Make this megaman canon to Street fighter universe Capcom plz!)
    - Great Graphics.
    - ALOT of humor, specially Kuma.

Now on the cons:
    - Some combinatons are kinda.... off like Kuma and Heihachi... what? i know he trained him but isnt there any better choises?

- Some exeptions that may make angry fans like Blanka is not here (Capcom's DLC crap all over again) and they add Ogre but not Jinpachi Mishima?? i would prefer to fight him that Ogre personally and that take me to my other point.

- Some characters feel weak. Ogre's fighting style feels odd and not as powerful as it should be. Hell hes easier than any other char you will fight in Arcade. Ryu and Ken also feel a bit off power wile Akuma is just outright OP if used well. That wouldnt be sso hard to SF fans.

- Normal dificulty my I usually play my games in Normal just to get use to the gameplay but somehow normal dificulty is incredibly punishing specially after the 3 fight.

- this game has a serious balance problem. Akuma as a boss is irritating as in Normal dificulty he will dodge, block and infinite combo you until you die. Ogre is underpowered compared to other chars, Bison is incredibly annoying using that lame slide attack over and OVER and OVER again. m not kidding in any dificulty Bison's strategy is basically sliding to you, grab if you get too close then the soul pierce or however is called that pink spiral of doom. and he wont change it at all.

- WHY the sub boss due before the real boss is always the same? if your using a SF char your sub boss and boss will be Jin and that girl that is always whit him charged whit Pandora, then Orge. If you play as a tekken char then its Bison and Juri then Akuma. Its sad because the Rival mach is always cool but out of place most of the time.

- Online game while solid it will constantly put you against enemies WAY STRONGER THAN YOU.

There are many others but i would make it too long.

For the next game PLEASE VARY THE LAST FIGHTS, WHY NOT THE PANDORA TEAM UP IS AGAINST THE RIVALS. AND BALANCE THE DAM CHARS.

Its good to play against or whit friends but otherwise try something else.
  9. Mar 9, 2012
    A fun game with easy to get into game mechanics - maybe a bit to easy! Street Fighter x Tekken will be a little polarizing for those Tekken purists. SFxT uses the Capcom-standard 6 button layout for punches and kicks (L/M/H). This is different from Tekken's four-button layout, Capcom did a decent job adapting the crossed-over characters to fit their new molds. Graphics are detailed with aA fun game with easy to get into game mechanics - maybe a bit to easy! Street Fighter x Tekken will be a little polarizing for those Tekken purists. SFxT uses the Capcom-standard 6 button layout for punches and kicks (L/M/H). This is different from Tekken's four-button layout, Capcom did a decent job adapting the crossed-over characters to fit their new molds. Graphics are detailed with a more cartoony look,. Backgrounds on a few occasions don't seem to quiet fit in with the game; esp when compared to the more down-to-earth looks of Tekken and early Street Fighter games. They just seem more akin towards Marvel Vs Capcom backgrounds with over-the-top ideas such as dinosaurs, mammoths chasing (which just don't seem right for this game). I do find the semi-2d quiet annoying at times, esp when pulling of special moves. Special Moves causes the camera to zoom inn-out and all over the place - making it fairly confusing to focus on what is happening. It's way too over the top and flashy for its own good. This does spoil the focus of the special attacks and can go on far to long. Pulling off specials can cause the game to become a bit tedious watching again and again!. Single player is as straight forward as most fighters. Matches are laid out like Tekken Tag Tournament matches instead of Marvel vs Capcom, meaning that instead of cycling out your characters when they get knocked out, you lose the round if one of your fighters falls. The action is fast paced and akin somewhere between the button mashing of MvsC, and the control of SF IV (not as deep as SFIII); with signature moves retained by characters from Tekken and SF games. Online, the game handles itself pretty well, with a very similar set-up as with SF IV. Added extra such as Gems that allow the biggest addition to Street Fighter X Tekken, allowing specific boosts to your fighters adding an extra layer of depth and skill. Overral a quality mix of of two well known games - not quiet as deep and elegant as the excellent King Of Fighters XIII game (PS3/360); which I do consider a better game. SFxT is still very enjoyable and easy to get into. A bit over-the-top at times and little to familiar if already played previous Capcom 2.5d beat-em ups! Online is a joy and with added extra added features. A joy to play and will probably please the SF IV fans more then the Tekken fans. Personally the I would say this is third or maybe fourth best 2d(well 2.5d) fighter available: 1st goes to Kinf Of Fighters XIII, 2nd goes to Street Fighter III: Third Strike, and maybe 3rd Blazblue: CS. Expand
  10. Mar 9, 2012
    Street fighter x tekken is a fun game with a great roster, but has a tough learning curve for people new to fighters, and the gem system isnt much to write home about. The online is fun and seems to have consistant connection, but the system of losing because one fighter dies is very frustrating. IMO you should try it but dont buy this game for anything over $40.
  11. Apr 4, 2012
    Between Capcom vs SNK, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Marvel, we already saw associations of prestige in the world of the fight. But the point of marrying two series as diametrically opposed as Tekken and Street Fighter, the most popular in their register 3D / 2D, the gamble seemed daring. Yet this is the statement by Capcom with Street Fighter X Tekken, which benefits the comeback of the fightBetween Capcom vs SNK, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Marvel, we already saw associations of prestige in the world of the fight. But the point of marrying two series as diametrically opposed as Tekken and Street Fighter, the most popular in their register 3D / 2D, the gamble seemed daring. Yet this is the statement by Capcom with Street Fighter X Tekken, which benefits the comeback of the fight to impose its strike force. Enough to forget the big names like that?
    Street IV X Tekken Tag

Loyal to one or the other franchise, you are entitled to ask you what game Tekken X Street follows the trail. No useless crap, the baby has inherited most of the X / Y of his great uncle, Street Fighter IV. Inbreeding requires, we find almost the same engine, the same six buttons, and hence the same overall feel, in the inertia of the characters as the game speed Moderately heavy, less air so less goofy than Marvel, the game are much less wise, others say less square than its illustrious predecessor. With a cast too bloated, it was logical, almost forced, to incorporate a mechanical Tekken Tag inspired. In Tekken X Street, it is possible to appeal to its ally in three main scenarios: at any time, at risk of being beaten up if timing is not right, following a basic sequence, the Cross Rush , a simple combo which concludes on a launcher, to keep the opponent in the air time of handover, and finally, more technical, Cross Cancel, which allows to switch characters in the middle attack, the sacrifice of one third of the gauge.

Tekken The inspiration is not limited to changes in characters full combo. Could focus on the lack of stun or raised to the game a little more varied, with rolls forward to free it. One might also focus on the correct integration of Tekken characters. This is true, passed through the mill Street Fighter, can not be found or their inertia, let alone their entire range of shots. But given the magnitude of the task, we are pleased to see some specific gameplay kept in the timing of shots or projections: between the sequences of syncopated blows low / medium (Lili, Xiaoyu) who are ravaging the melee, the manip 'rarely seen in Street (the Mist Step Kazuya / Jin) or the mugs in three stages (Nina), the winks are still numerous. More generally, it is mainly the desire to make the game accessible hyper reflected this association unlikely.
  12. Mar 14, 2012
    HI,
    Before anything else I will not criticize the fact that the DLC is already on disk, this kind of trading strategy existed and will always exist.
    In addition the pack of additional character is still not confirmed paying ;) I have two views on this game, if you want a game to have fun and laugh with your friends, just take it, the four games is downright fun and you can find a bit
    HI,
    In addition the pack of additional character is still not confirmed paying ;)

I have two views on this game, if you want a game to have fun and laugh with your friends, just take it, the four games is downright fun and you can find a bit of strategy.
    If you are looking for a game balanced, fussy, highly strategic, move along nothing to see there! The gem system is horrible and totally unbalances the game; it's a shame because the game without the gems has been a real pleasure for casual or hardcore gamer.

Big plus for every gamer that played all street fighter: the characters of Tekken, I feel like full of new character and seen that it has been 10 years that we have the same. This gives fresh air.

Bye
    Sorry for my bad english.
  13. Jul 1, 2013
    Street Fighter X Tekken is a brilliant fighting game that has gotten so much hate just because Capcom is charging players for access to characters locked on the retail disk, That doesn't ruin the whole game! In short, don't buy the DLC and just play the game then you'll see how good it is.

If you've played a decent fighting game, then the fighting mechanics should be familiar but the game takes a few risks of its' own. It's unique features, Gem System and Pandora Mode, does have some balance issues but it gives novice players a chance to fight competitively with more experienced fighters.

Just like SSFIV, the combat is fast-paced and fun. The rosters are impressively huge and varied with all the SF as well as Tekken favourites, complementing each other well, although Blanka is missing. In short, Street Fighter X Tekken is a fun game that moderate and hardcore players can both enjoy.

Newbies will find that some of the best moves can be pulled off much more easily than other fighting games, such as SSFIV, while the game does offer the complexity that hardcore fighting games fans would expect from a fighting game such as this one.
  14. Feb 16, 2016
    I forgot about this game nearly the moment it came out. I was expecting something memorable but I didn't really get the feel for it much. For someone who plays fighting games casually, it really feels like a rehash of SF4.
  15. Oct 12, 2015
    First things first: This can be an incredibly fun game to play. Offline the game really shines. What paid DLC is concerned, you always have to look at how well the game performs without the DLC installed. The only three downsides to not owning the DLC are as follows: 1) the character grid shows the unavailable characters and it makes it a bit awkward to select those you can 2) it teasesFirst things first: This can be an incredibly fun game to play. Offline the game really shines. What paid DLC is concerned, you always have to look at how well the game performs without the DLC installed. The only three downsides to not owning the DLC are as follows: 1) the character grid shows the unavailable characters and it makes it a bit awkward to select those you can 2) it teases you by showing what you're "missing out on" - and the most important of all - 3) you can't learn the matchup well against the DLC characters because you can't play them yourself in training mode. This 3rd point is the only valid point to be against DLC like this - period. Whether they released it on day 1 (because it's on the disc!) or on day 180 is irrelevant if you think about it, you still have to pay for the same product except there's a time displacement at work.

Gameplay: The gameplay itself is great, for the PS3 version at least. On Xbox 360 you're supposedly not able to play tag online, which makes no sense whatsoever. You can completely ignore the Tekken cast if you want to, and play it as if it's another Street Fighter clone, but with a twist. Being able to charge into specials and super arts adds dynamic to the fight, along with Alpha Counters and Pandora as an X-factor-ish defensive last ditch attempt at victory, or canceled into as an offensive push.

This game deserves more love. It is truly a shame the game doesn't seem to get more patches for the network lag issues and the laggy menus altogether.

Real actual gameplay: 7.5 (9 offline), graphics 8 (8.5 at the time of release, music 8, network 5 (varies, naturally, and this includes random drops we know so well from NRS games)
  16. Jun 1, 2012

1. May 19, 2012
    Street Fighter X Tekken isn't as ground-breaking as Street fighter IV, but it offers a wholly different and most of all innovative look on a well established formula.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 7, 2012
    The Tekken draftees are the new Street Fighter characters you don't want to go home. Apart from integrating them visually into Ryu and co's saturated universe, each has had their exhaustive move set refocused to align with Capcom's different play style. It doesn't just work, it's brilliant. [May 2012, p70]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 25, 2012
    Maybe it's not the fighting game of the century but it still has its appeal and magical mix of two distinct worlds which works great. [Apr 2012]