8.6

1. Nov 6, 2011
    I know this is going to sound like an exaggeration buy I am completely serious. I have played video games nearly all my life, I even worked in a game store in high school. What I am getting at is I know my games. And this is, in my option, the best sports video game of all time. I would also consider it the best split-screen multiplayer game for 4 people. Be warned the learning curve onI know this is going to sound like an exaggeration buy I am completely serious. I have played video games nearly all my life, I even worked in a game store in high school. What I am getting at is I know my games. And this is, in my option, the best sports video game of all time. I would also consider it the best split-screen multiplayer game for 4 people. Be warned the learning curve on this game is very-very high so it is best to start playing the game with a group of people near the same skill level. Why is this game one of my favorite games of all time? Well there are alot of reasons. For one it is the perfect mix of strategy and execution. The game is very complex, well actually the game is very simple, but the possible approaches to the game are infinite. I used to play alot of shooters (mostly halo), it was really fun but after awhile my strategy for almost any given situation became static. Almost the same could be said for execution. However in this game, while a few strategy do remain constant, so many (after four years of play) are dynamic. You really have to improvise on situations in this game, the result is that the game always seems fresh. Again same can be said with execution in this game. I have been playing for years and there is always more for me to learn, and it continually feels like i am moving towards being a better player. ( If you want an example of how good people can be at this game just go to youtube, some of the people that play this game are unbelievably good ). Again i will use shooters as a counter example, where execution performance converges on an asymptote at a quicker rate. (I'm not trying to bash shooter i like them alot, but almost all the skill is based on reaction time) Scoring goals in this game requires an almost undefinable finesse that leads you to feel a real sense accomplishment. Anyway I am just rambling now. My main point, buy this game.

Oh and also Psyonix, the company that makes this game, is really cool. In an age where DLC cost usually as much as most games itself, Psyonix has released two patches (doubling the original amount, of maps and car skins / fixing glitches ext,) for free. The later of the patches, i think, was released over two years after the game came out. Anyway it's a great little company that is worthy of support.
  2. DanK
    Jan 7, 2009
    Extremely underrated little soccer game which is deceivingly challenging and addicting. Since it's release, it's been patched (fixed online lag) and is now only 10 bucks. Some of these reviews complained it was 'too hard' but that isn't a good reason to give an mediocre review to a great game. Best gem on the PSN that no one knows about.
  3. KasparU.
    Oct 15, 2008
    This game is a blast to play, thanks to excellent controls and great physics. You can even have mixed spliscreen and internet games, whereby you and a friend can play (in splitscreen) versus two people, who are splitscreening on another console, through the Internet. Also works for 3x3 and 4x4 matches. Plus, there is a replay system in place, which allows you to save entire games, and This game is a blast to play, thanks to excellent controls and great physics. You can even have mixed spliscreen and internet games, whereby you and a friend can play (in splitscreen) versus two people, who are splitscreening on another console, through the Internet. Also works for 3x3 and 4x4 matches. Plus, there is a replay system in place, which allows you to save entire games, and watch them again, controlling the cameras and editing a video to upload directly to YouTube from in-game. This is my favorite game of the moment, and I think everyone should give the demo a try (and remember to select the Split Screen menu option to try out the bots). Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2010
    With all bugs fixed this is one of THE best multiplayer games on PSN. Supersonic is hugely enjoyable with friends or by yourself, and if you have not played it yet I recommend you download the demo and try it out.
  5. Dec 9, 2010
    One of the finest games on the PSN. Fun, accessible, and with long-term skill-learning possibilities. You can play this for months and still continue to hone and learn new techniques.

Sure, it doesn't have the slickest presentation, or the greatest graphics. But in the gameplay department, it is rock solid.
  6. Mar 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is one of the best games I ever played, at first, you starts like a novice and is very hard to play well, but anyway is very funny, once you adquire experience, you could play this game on a very competitive level and enjoy with a lot of friends and people online. For me it's the greatest game on playStation store. Expand
  7. Jul 20, 2011
    This game rocks, no other way to put it. Multi player is where the game shines through as a post pub laugh or where you can exercise a few of the days frustrations. Its a basic game of no rules football, the ball has to go into the net the other end, however the car is rocket powered. Drive over the rocket fuel pads to get momentum and perform tricks that will help you jump high and outThis game rocks, no other way to put it. Multi player is where the game shines through as a post pub laugh or where you can exercise a few of the days frustrations. Its a basic game of no rules football, the ball has to go into the net the other end, however the car is rocket powered. Drive over the rocket fuel pads to get momentum and perform tricks that will help you jump high and out play your opponent. Use the car to knock the ball and just about everything else into the goal. Simple !? Well not quite. Its fast and the arrow on the car telling you where the fast moving ball is located is a great addition. . . . and much needed. You can hand break flip the car forward and back also side to side. These skills help avoid other and kinda 'kick' the ball in interesting ways. Its fast for sure and the frame rate never suffers online or in single player / split screen.

Games are either duel or up to 4 v 4 online ranked or friendly games, with team based invites thrown in too. While this is a world away from football - the game is an out and out arcade title. The graphics will never win many awards, the menu system is basic, controls are slightly more complicated than they should have been but I can kinda see why they are there. Just have to remember them which can be tricky when the pressure is on to score.

SARPBC does have a trick up its sleeve that most developers seem to forget to think about. PSN titles or all budget game titles have got the idea that games should be fun. I can think of PAIN and Wipeout HD, Modern Combat all on the PSN which are fun. SARPBC does that too and then some. Even in single player the game will have you pushing your fist skywards to celebrate a goal scored in overtime or with a few seconds left. Its not pretty, its fun to play with friends and its highly recommended. Free to PSN+ users this month or £4 or £5 in the PSN Store. Get it play it. 4/5
  8. Jul 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is simply the best Playstation 3 exclusive. But so much is known but underestimated what a shame. This game is perfect for the gameplay, good graphics, epic theme song ! The online is alway full and we can meet awesome players. The game is a little difficult so we must have some skill for win, and this is the only game of this generation which need this. SARPBC is Awesome Expand
  9. Mar 19, 2012
    One of the most addictive and challenging downloadable titles I've ever played. There's some nice variation between the different arenas (including differences in gravity), and they all look gorgeous. The controls are responsive, if a little tricky to get used to. AI is smart and will keep you on your toes, but the real fun in SARPBC is in playing two on two with some mates. This really isOne of the most addictive and challenging downloadable titles I've ever played. There's some nice variation between the different arenas (including differences in gravity), and they all look gorgeous. The controls are responsive, if a little tricky to get used to. AI is smart and will keep you on your toes, but the real fun in SARPBC is in playing two on two with some mates. This really is an indie gem, I just wish it had a bigger fanbase. Expand
  10. Feb 25, 2012
    Not going to lie, this is a hidden psn gem. Thanks to playstation plus I get to paly it for free, and I advise others to go try it out. Reminds me of source engine soccer. Awesome couch game as well as online. Only reason I played this was because twisted metal's network was down...
  11. DanielHinkles
    Feb 21, 2009
    This game might not look out of place on a Playstation 2, the graphics are nothing special but the gameplay is among the most addictive seen on any system.
    When I first played the demo I went straight to competative online play and started to enjoy basically rocket powered car football. Doesn't sound great huh - after 10 minutes of play I was hooked and the timed aspect of the demo lasted about 3 hours. I found that strange because the timer was counting down really slow.
    Anyhow, it wasn't until the online demo timer was up that I relised the sheer volume of the game and where the fun lives. Mini-Games. There are tourniments, there are box shaped balls, time warps, destruction derby style games, etc. I swear to god the demo is worth the price they are asking for the full game.
    The developers behind this have demonstrated the power of tweaking one aspect of the game to make a whole new gameplay experiance/mode. For example you can swap out the ball for a crate (box). This changes the whole dynamics of the game. Now when you hit it at full speed doing a barrel roll, it might not move as far and if it lands on one of its corners it might spin away from where you hit it. - That might not sound great but then when you master it you can pull off some fantastic goals with it.
    The two things I have marketed it down for are graphics (which to be fair suit the game) and network errors that seemed to plague my online experiance. I don't notice lag ever in the game but more often than I would like I get a "connection error" which pauses the game for a second or so. It is not a deal breaker though it can be annoying and could possibly be fixed.

Money could not be better spent and if you don't believe me - go try the demo for the best, which had me hooked for the best part of a week before I even bought it.

BRAVO Psyonix, I only hope Yukes/THQ would take as much time with their match options in the Smackdown series as you did with yours.
  12. Dec 15, 2011
    Too bad I found this game late... Really amusing and addictive game.. It's the game that gets under your skin, it annoys you, it's really really unfair and sometimes you just quit the game because it is hard as hell. But the next day.. you go back and try again. In Germany they have this saying "Das aha erlebnis"... It translates "And suddenly you 'got' it"... that goes for this game. YouToo bad I found this game late... Really amusing and addictive game.. It's the game that gets under your skin, it annoys you, it's really really unfair and sometimes you just quit the game because it is hard as hell. But the next day.. you go back and try again. In Germany they have this saying "Das aha erlebnis"... It translates "And suddenly you 'got' it"... that goes for this game. You s*ck and you stink at this game and then suddenly you got it. Expand
  13. Dec 18, 2013
    Fun for a short while but the controls and camera are really bad. I never felt in control of my Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. And the enemy A.I is too tough.
  14. Apr 13, 2013
    This is the best game ever made. When you start out playing, you aren't very good, and it may not seem like a very good game, however as you get better at the game, which will take several months, you learn new skills and techniques through watching people online that will make the game much funner. After about 6 years there is still a large fan base, you can always find a server. ThisThis is the best game ever made. When you start out playing, you aren't very good, and it may not seem like a very good game, however as you get better at the game, which will take several months, you learn new skills and techniques through watching people online that will make the game much funner. After about 6 years there is still a large fan base, you can always find a server. This game also has one of the best communities I have ever seen, I know almost every person by name who is good at the game, we organize tournaments for ourselves on the facebook group and on the forum. Expand
  15. Oct 23, 2013
    I've been a gamer for 20 years. Played mostrly multiplayer games, both local and via internet.
    This game is one of the best 4-player console-games ive played. Must be the best one since Golden Eye,
    Incredible balance between gameplay and presentation, but what makes this game a truly Perfect game, is the responsiveness of the engine and Controls that make the game 100% skill-based without ruining it for noobs playing against pros..
  16. Nov 26, 2013
    I have been playing SARPBC for the last year or so, and I have been playing with some people who bought the game shortly after release, and most of the time I get beaten by double (or more) the amount of goals I score, because I am inexperienced and the game is hard to learn, however there is no better feeling than pulling off a shot, dribble or aerial successfully even if its againstI have been playing SARPBC for the last year or so, and I have been playing with some people who bought the game shortly after release, and most of the time I get beaten by double (or more) the amount of goals I score, because I am inexperienced and the game is hard to learn, however there is no better feeling than pulling off a shot, dribble or aerial successfully even if its against people 5 times better than you, even if you lose 10-1 but can still say "you might be better than me but I'm not giving you a clean sheet" is the best feeling of any sports based game I have ever had, I would recommend this game to anyone with access to PSN, it is only £2 in the UK, and definitely worth it, an amazing game for anyone with enough time to be a decent player, or just to have fun. Expand
  17. Dec 25, 2013
    Why this game isn't more popular, I don't know...Easily one of my favorite games of all time. I have spent over 100 hours into this game. Yea, the community isn't very big, but online was amazing. Can't wait for SARPBC 2...I wish it was on PC, but unfortunately it isn't.
  18. Nov 20, 2014
    This game is, without a doubt, the best PSN game I've ever had the pleasure of owning and playing. Over the last 5 years we've had tournaments or quick matches every time friends have come over. This is the perfect 2v2 or 3v3 rocket-car soccer game you'll ever play. I've seen some critic reviews mention tough controls, and I agree, the game has a steep learning curve. However, once youThis game is, without a doubt, the best PSN game I've ever had the pleasure of owning and playing. Over the last 5 years we've had tournaments or quick matches every time friends have come over. This is the perfect 2v2 or 3v3 rocket-car soccer game you'll ever play. I've seen some critic reviews mention tough controls, and I agree, the game has a steep learning curve. However, once you know how to control your car, when and how to jump and double-jump, and get your positioning on the field down and communicate with your team, it's ridiculously fun, with every single match (for us, at least) ending in screaming joy or frustration. It's provided endless fun and it's sad to think that some people may turn away from even checking this game out based on critic reviews. It's good for hours of fun with your friends, not even considering there's an online component that's still active! Expand

I fear they may have spent too long with the game and made it just a bit too difficult for someone to pick up and play right off the bat.
  2. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars delivers a unique concept that stands out among the increasingly populated downloadable pack. It's too bad this charm wears off quickly, resulting in a game that feels more like a novelty than a crafty idea brought to realization.
    Supersonic seems a tad overpriced at $15 -- especially considering the nigh-featureless multiplayer and bland aesthetics -- but the single-player is short and sweet, and the core mechanics are simple and rewarding.