6.5

1. Feb 24, 2012
    Awesome game I don't see what everyone is complaining about. The only thing wrong with this is the short campaign and difficult boss fights other than that great game.
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    This game is quite fun. I've only had time to play through the first few levels of the campaign and have had a great time with it. I would recommend it to those that perfer a more simplified and fun game. I mention this because Deus Ex was, IMO, a big old pain in the ass. ie a FPS with **** shooting, redundant hacking(i think you might have to hack to take a **** in the game) and theThis game is quite fun. I've only had time to play through the first few levels of the campaign and have had a great time with it. I would recommend it to those that perfer a more simplified and fun game. I mention this because Deus Ex was, IMO, a big old pain in the ass. ie a FPS with **** shooting, redundant hacking(i think you might have to hack to take a **** in the game) and the out of place and ridiculous boss battles. Syndicate seems to take all of this and simplify it with the Dart 6 chip implanted in your brain. There is hacking but with less complication and frustration, shooting that is solid, and the boss battles seem appropriate to the game play style. This game also has lots of style and colors which adds to that cyberpunk feel, which I have been longing for in a game for a while. Color is good. I never played the original game that this is based off(RTS)---I think this game still holds lots of strategy elements and levels can be played the way you want to play them, either upclose and person, or with strategic use of Dart6 and distance weapons. The real selling point, which I was sold on by the demo, was the co-op missions, 4 people doing missions together, helping each other out to heal, reboot, etc. The weapon upgrading system is quite in depth, or comparable to that of say BF3--though don't forget to queue up your weapon upgrades or skill upgrades--or else you are playin for nothing. Also there is a skill tree and ability upgrades that require tokens/experience points in order to upgrade. So fairly in depth. Also the bosses in coop need and require you to work together with your team--whether there is 1 or 4. I would recommend those people that enjoy games that require you to work together with people. Also there are about 12 coop missions now, but I have heard that the devs are planning to release more content on the 1st and 15th each month. The missions are located on a world map in the coop menus, and only a small portion of the map is filled in right now...my hope is that the missions keep stacking up to cover the world map. We'll see. Enjoy. It's definitely a fun FPS. Expand
  3. Feb 22, 2012
    I was surprised about how great this game really is! The single player is good, and I just love the coop. If you by some reason haven't decided to get the game, check out the demo that won me over.
  4. Feb 24, 2012
    Waoo the best FPS I have ever tried. The Co-op is brilliant and worth playing many many hours!

The sound is excelent, must say I love it.

Hope Starbreeze will make Syndicate 2, I want it !

Go get your own copy, its worth every penny in my opinion :-)
  5. Feb 24, 2012
    Have now played and finished the single player campaign and also done a lot of co-op. can´t really say I understand those complains that some have over the storytelling in the campaign. IMO everything including the story was just great and the game in general is AWSOME.
  6. Feb 24, 2012
    The co-op really sets the standard for fps´s and is really great paying, feels like you can´t get enough (o **** the clock is 0200 am already..:)) think you all know what I mean. Campaign is great aswell but co-op rocks!
  7. IGN
    Feb 28, 2012
    This is the greatest game ever. I feel like they took the original and built upon it; but they didn't just build upon it. THEY BUILT TOWER OF BABEL ON IT! The graphics are so good that I couldn't tell when I had stopped playing the game and started beating my wife. Some of you might be asking, "What about the framerate?" I am getting well over 90fps on my Compucolor II. This gameThis is the greatest game ever. I feel like they took the original and built upon it; but they didn't just build upon it. THEY BUILT TOWER OF BABEL ON IT! The graphics are so good that I couldn't tell when I had stopped playing the game and started beating my wife. Some of you might be asking, "What about the framerate?" I am getting well over 90fps on my Compucolor II. This game definitely deserves "Game of the Year". Expand
  8. Mar 1, 2012
    Very good shooting mechanics, the use of the cybernetic powers and blending that with gunfire leaves lots of ways to tackle situations. The AI is fairly robust also. The Campaign is very short but the story is solid with some great voice acting. If you are a fan of EDM you will like the soundtrack.

The short campaign and linearity brings the score down, its a good game but it could have been a great game.
  9. Mar 18, 2012
    Ignore these starbreeze employers, its a generic, simplistic shooter with no strategy or much story to speak of, not sure why they stole the syndicate brand as people who buy this wont know of it, and the ones who do will be pissed they made it into a dumb brainless shooter, utter crap!
    I'll give it a 1, they spelled syndicate right I guess.
  10. Mar 12, 2012
    This game is pretty sick.The co-op is definitely the reason to get it... although the story is not bad, as someone else already mentioned. The online isn't 100% stable right now, but it's not a big issue.
  11. Apr 12, 2012
    I can not do a full review of the solo campaign due to the game constantly freezing and locking up the ps3 every-time the game auto saves and sometimes even when the game is not saving. On-line the problem is still present intermittent graphics freezing while auto saving and when entering the next area of the map render syndicate for the most part unplayable in any enjoyable way in theI can not do a full review of the solo campaign due to the game constantly freezing and locking up the ps3 every-time the game auto saves and sometimes even when the game is not saving. On-line the problem is still present intermittent graphics freezing while auto saving and when entering the next area of the map render syndicate for the most part unplayable in any enjoyable way in the games present state. It is now two months after release and no attempt seems to have been made to patch these issues. Syndicate graphics are below average and look very dated. But the guns and upgrade paths are good and the enemies present a nice challenge. Its a shame because this game is a Good co-op game but the bugs spoil it making it no fun to play i can not recommend Syndicate and i will be returning it for a refund. Yet another title that seems to have been released unfinished or fully tested. The demo was great such a shame the same cannot be said about the full game. Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2012
    For all people loving sci-fi movies like Bladerunner this might be the game of the year!
    It´s a bit hard for the not hardcore gamers (but you can always go for the easy level) ;)
    Shure a couple of boss fights is not pefect, but the atmosphere in the game is just so lovely it still get a full score from me!
  13. Feb 24, 2012
    A terrible pity, but the PC port is so dreadful that I must caution people not to waste money on this. Hopefully the console versions provide a nicer experience, but the awful after taste of a rip-off is too much for me to use anymore money on this
  14. Feb 26, 2012
    A fun, gun toting, cybernetic getting, head snapping adventure that is short but sweet. Has a less than compelling story made up for by immensely fun combat. Could have improved in the graphics and story categories. Has a fun co-op mode with a lengthy repeatability value.

More in my video review: http://youtu.be/PTU6bcwvnPE
  15. Feb 28, 2012
    Great singleplayer and excellent co-op! Hands down the best FPS of the year so far.

Starbreeze har done a solid job with this reboot, the campaign is on the short side but a lot of fun and on top of that they've created a unique and amazingly fun co-op experience.
  16. Feb 28, 2012
    Its a great game i usually just play the campaign but the multi is great! I was very happy with the game. Its really fun and interesting. I really like dubstep and the music just makes it!
  17. Jop
    Mar 6, 2012
    The campaign is ok, but the multiplayer mode "Co-op" is brilliant. Once you tried, you cant stop. Force your friends to buy it and play it together, you won't regret it.
  18. Apr 11, 2012
    this game could do whole lot better game ok if the was second game to this it should improve on one thing longer game play..

This game took less then 6 hours to complete to my horror it was worthless waste of money. Even so why it was ban in australia is beyond me this game was rubbish.
  19. Feb 16, 2013
    Single player game is absolutely forgettable. Shallow characters with indecipherable motivations, alright but ultimately uninteresting story, and huge missed opportunities in gameplay. Using pseudo-quicktime events, you use hacking applications via an implanted biochip to manipulate both enemies and objects in the world. One early level features an operating room where you can hack theSingle player game is absolutely forgettable. Shallow characters with indecipherable motivations, alright but ultimately uninteresting story, and huge missed opportunities in gameplay. Using pseudo-quicktime events, you use hacking applications via an implanted biochip to manipulate both enemies and objects in the world. One early level features an operating room where you can hack the power supply of operating tables forcing them to retract thereby exposing the enemies hiding behind them. These moments are few and far between and sometimes scripted. There are only a few apps or powers to choose from throughout the story mode. Enemies are fairly generic but there are some challenges. Some enemies are invulnerable to damage until you hack their chip to lower their defenses. This makes timing and positioning hugely important. The game also features xray vision that also slows down time. Despite these cool powers and rare opportunities to interact with the environment in a meaningful way, the gameplay is standard fare FPS. Levels are cramped but the style is great. Most of that style is lost by the overdone bloom and outlandish lighting effects which sometimes impair the FPS gameplay. The co-op multiplayer is better than I expected but so few people are playing at this point. More powers to choose from than in singleplayer, working together is a must, and there's a good selection of challenging stock levels. Don't buy it for the story; buy it for the online co-op with friends. Expand
  20. May 24, 2012
    I really like this game. I thought the campaign was alright. But the really good part of this game is the co-op. It's AWESOME. Once this game goes down to around 30 dollars GET IT.
  21. Jul 5, 2012
    First of all I have no attachment to the original and only played it a few times. I know it has some kind of "Don't touch" policy with the PC community but I would rather review the game based on it's own merits. Something tells me if this game was not a :Syndicate" reboot but just a new franchise it probably would of been more welcomed. Either way, it is a great game that has been underFirst of all I have no attachment to the original and only played it a few times. I know it has some kind of "Don't touch" policy with the PC community but I would rather review the game based on it's own merits. Something tells me if this game was not a :Syndicate" reboot but just a new franchise it probably would of been more welcomed. Either way, it is a great game that has been under appreciated. Story- Same as Deus Ex and every other sci-fi shooter set in the future. You (Miles Kilo) work for a corporation called Eurocorp and you are not sure if you are working for the right folks. I am not a fan of revealing stories so let's just leave it at that. I will say the developers (Starbreeze) are known for their story telling in previous work like The Darkness and Riddick. Expect the same here. I will say the voice work is marvelous. Brian Cox is great, Rosario Dawson does good voice work as well. The best is probably Michael Wincott of The Crow, Aliens Resurrection, and Metro fame. Gameplay Is actually great and I was worried about this coming in. Starbreeze really struggled with The Darkness in this category and I could never get comfortable playing it. No problems here. They nailed the gameplay. The weapons in the game are the normal variety and most of them have secondary functions. You get the Machine guns, rifles of all varieties, and shotguns and pistols with very few standouts opening along the way. The few grenade types are standard as well. Again without to many spoilers the weapons are effective and you do get a few surprises. The standout weaponry here is the special powers you have. The DART inlay shows the different augmentations you have and you get a small practice area you are graded on when opening these up. Just a few are vision enhancements, a suicide augmentation that cause the enemy to turn the gun on themselves, and the standard mine jack where they turn on their fellow soldiers. Plenty of more and they are cool to use. Also- Getting these by digging into the boss characters you put away through the game is cool as well. Speaking of the boss fights are very well done. The first boss for example can only be killed be a certain weapon (No spoilers here....remember) and he gets help from fellow soldiers when you get the upper hand To make it harder for you he can teleport as well as split his body from one to four different individuals. There is also fights on top of a train against a military copter and that is all in the first hour of the 8 to 10 hour game. It is well paced however the challenge, even on normal is pretty high. There is a certain do it once to learn, and the do it again to succeed pace that can throw some people off. Also I got stuck in certain sections of the game because it was hard to tell where to go or where you were being ambushed from. Yet in certain big battles I flew through it. Not a deal breaker but it interrupts flow in a way. Presentation- This is EA. For all the hate they receive they know presentation. The menu's and voice acting is outstanding. Menu's are slick. Options are well done and laid out well. Graphics- I think the cyberpunk look is outstanding but it is probably a preferred taste. They love their whites such as buildings and walls. Think Mirror's Edge. The game also has a soft sheen to it and the lighting and bloom is the best I have seen in a game. The problem is it is way overdone. Some people will not like it. But it is unique to say the least. Another thing is everything gets read by your DART inlay. Small thinks like cans and pictures will have a little ad pop up above them. It is not uncommon to have 10 to 15 things lighting up with the white ad above it at one time while you are fighting 8 enemies at once. Not to mention the normal things onscreen like the life bars, ammo clips,ECT. It gets distracting at times but again, it is unique. The sound is great as well. Guns, the ambiance, the city streets all sound alive. Again, It is EA. The multiplayer is co-op only and is probably for the best because Starbreeze has not made a good multiplayer game yet. It is like the rest of the game, unique. It is also very team based and there will be problems finding three other players that will work with you and talk with you on how to beat the level. It is a big co-op experience but the difficulty setting is high. But it is worth it. You will get a sense of accomplishment beating a level and the teamwork aspect will make you appreciate the players skills and teamwork you beat a level with. A rare thing these days. EA took a chance with this game and sales or not, Starbreeze made yet another excellent title. I cannot stress enough how unique the game feels and even though the weapons and most augmentations have been seen before, it is done well here. A smart shooter worth picking up regardless of the absence of a Versus mode. Expand
  22. Sep 7, 2012
    Według mnie ta gra jest fajna i można się przy niej dobrze bawić,ale czasami jest po prostu nudna.Miejscami żeby znaleźć urządzenie,które mamy zhakować (czytaj:nacisnąć odpowiedni przycisk na padzie) trzeba celować po całej lokacji.
    Muzyka jest dobra,są to przede wszystkim utwory elektroniczne (np. podczas walki z pierwszym bossem usłyszymy fajny kawałek dubstepowy).
  23. Mar 14, 2013
    Story and Characters: Interesting story with a cool cyberpunk environment. Brian Cox voice character the best of the game. The others (including the lead) are kind of forgetful.
    Gameplay: When the original came out the isometric view was awesome and i think that this one would have gained if it where in a 3rd person view but that's just my opinion.
    Presentation: Great visuals although
    Presentation: Great visuals although exaggerated light effects affecting the gameplay.
    Multiplayer: Interesting concept although i'd prefer competitive to cooperative.
  24. Feb 5, 2013
    The single player campaign is a serious mess, the game forces horrible boss fights on you at times and these should never be in a FPS. The story and characters are so forgettable you won't even remember the main characters name after finishing although the environments are suitably futuristic and interesting but ruined by the most overblown lighting effects in gaming. There are alsoThe single player campaign is a serious mess, the game forces horrible boss fights on you at times and these should never be in a FPS. The story and characters are so forgettable you won't even remember the main characters name after finishing although the environments are suitably futuristic and interesting but ruined by the most overblown lighting effects in gaming. There are also various visual glitches and my game crashed twice when playing through. However the multiplayer is actually very fun left 4 dead style teamwork focused shooter that I had alot of fun with. If you're interested in co-op shooters and you see this cheap then give it a go, but if you want a solid single player campaign then look elsewhere. Expand
  25. Jun 25, 2014
    Don't get me wrong it's a fun game but comes across as a poor rip off of Deus ex.
    Story's kind of the same.
    You don't feel like your up grades do anything.
    Graphics are good.
    The weapons are good and unique.
    But end of the day you don't really feel like you had an impact in this games world.
  26. Apr 10, 2015
    Pouquíssima inspiração em pontos cruciais de um FPS: enredo, variedade de armas, cenários e CGs. Multiplayer bom e mecânica muito interessante, mas estas qualidades são ofuscadas pela incompetência dos pontos citados acima.

1. Right from the start, you feel like a demigod, dispatching enemies with ease thanks to an overpowered arsenal and a whole bunch of 'breaching' powers that let you slow time, enhance damage and decrease ouchies from incoming bullets. [April 2012, p65]
  2. Mar 28, 2012
    No classic, but it's still easily one of the year's stronger shooters so far. [Issue#216, p.74]
  3. Mar 21, 2012
    Awful bosses, poor story, and unimaginative level design bury sexy guns and good looks. [Apr 2012, p.92]