5.5

1. Apr 16, 2014
    Well worth the $15. I love the animations. You really get a strong feel for each of their unique martial arts styles. And the combat is pretty rad. All the combos can get pretty sweet.
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    I never played the Xbox or PC version, so I can't compare what they fixed with the PS3 version.

So basically we were told that this game was delayed so long for PS3 because it was being 'polished'. All the bugs and glitches were being fixed. That has to be a lie. Like I said, I can't compare.... so maybe they did fix a few things, but this game is buggy and glitchy. The truth is,

The truth is, they probably waited until the TMNT movie trailer was released so it would boost sales for the video game. (yes, I know the two aren't related story wise)

The camera angles in the game make it unplayable sometimes. The camera angle will glitch into the ground so you can't see what you're doing (in the middle of a fight). At one point the same cutscene kept playing over and over (DURING a fight), I had to restart my game. Even when the camera is working the way it's suppose to, it isn't very good.

I feel like they got lazy with the cutscenes (comic book style). But that's just my opinion, some people might like it. (you can check them out on youtube to see what I mean)

As far as the 'good' goes...... the fighting is pretty fun. There are a lot of combos and a good amount of upgrades for the Turtles. Arcade mode is fun too.

Definitely NOT Batman Arkham Asylum fighting style (like a lot of people were thinking it looked like when it was revealed last year).

As far as scoring it based on being $15.... compared to other games on the pan which are $15, I would say this game falls in the middle. There are some AMAZING $15 games.... but then there are obviously some horrid.

Honestly, this game probably deserves more of a 5/10.... but I give it a 4/10 being of the poor job of fixing the bugs and glitches... or they just lied to us..... .either way, it loses 1 point because of it.
  3. Apr 17, 2014
    I am a huge Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. As a kid I had the toys, played the classic video games and of course I watched the cartoons and the movies quite a few times as well. When I heard they will release another game, this time for the current gen, I got pretty excited. And FINALLY for us PS3 owners the game got released as well a couple days ago and I must say, I absolutely loveI am a huge Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. As a kid I had the toys, played the classic video games and of course I watched the cartoons and the movies quite a few times as well. When I heard they will release another game, this time for the current gen, I got pretty excited. And FINALLY for us PS3 owners the game got released as well a couple days ago and I must say, I absolutely love this game. The combat system is deep and lots of fun, the turtles look awesome and there is tons of content. The arcade mode is also outstanding, it's retro-style beat 'em up game with nice graphics and controls, plus fighting at the dojo, mastering all the upgradable moves, counters and specials is addictive too. But there are plenty more unlockables and trophies and the co-cop mode with friends is superb. There are bugs and camera problems here and there but nothing gamebreaking or annoying. For 15 bucks it should be a must buy for TMNT and fighting game fans. So don't believe the negative critics, they just suck at this game because it is not a button masher, it actually takes skill to master. Expand
  4. May 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game should have been amazing but some serious issues have cropped up including collision detection, poor camera angles and most disappointing of all the online mode is bugged and even suggest that you delete and reload the game which I for one have done twice already and can't be bothered to sit through the opening scene a third time. Expand
  5. Apr 17, 2014
    Best looking turtles game to date! I love how the combat feels because everyone feels so distinctly different in combat and makes you really think about your next move unlike a button masher. Raph just brutalizes those foot guys with good old ground and pound! Everything just feels so smooth. Sure there may be some bugs, but nowadays who doesn't? I've haven't had any game stopping issuesBest looking turtles game to date! I love how the combat feels because everyone feels so distinctly different in combat and makes you really think about your next move unlike a button masher. Raph just brutalizes those foot guys with good old ground and pound! Everything just feels so smooth. Sure there may be some bugs, but nowadays who doesn't? I've haven't had any game stopping issues at all. For $15, you have made me a happy man.

Oh, and that inclusion of side scroller mode as a throwback to the old arcades, Sick!
  6. May 2, 2014
    Next gen my ass. This looks like a ps2 game, map design is lazy and linear and the gameplay almost bored me to death. Seriously, i couldn't play this for two hours straight because it was just so stupid and repetitive. The kids might like this, i don't know. For me this is just another bad turtles game (there's a lot of those for sure). Something positive: The arcade mode was a bit of funNext gen my ass. This looks like a ps2 game, map design is lazy and linear and the gameplay almost bored me to death. Seriously, i couldn't play this for two hours straight because it was just so stupid and repetitive. The kids might like this, i don't know. For me this is just another bad turtles game (there's a lot of those for sure). Something positive: The arcade mode was a bit of fun for a while, and it was nice that they used the classic theme song that was in the 90's turtles movie. Go watch it and don't buy this game. Expand
  7. Aug 6, 2014
    This game was disappointing. The PS3 version is *very* buggy, probably the most unoptimized game I've ever picked up on PSN....not even sure how it was allowed to get published. The combat seems to start off crisp, then as one or two more characters appear on screen, everything starts slowing down. The button inputs get incresingly laggy to the point of frustration.

The only challenging

The only challenging part was having to deal with all the bugs just to try and make it to the end. I gave it a 4/10 because there is some piece of a video game in there somewhere, and when that shows up for a few seconds...it feels slightly fun.
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    I really love TMNT and I was excited to hear about this game. However, I was disappointed for the long wait for the PS3 release but I heard it was fixing some bugs so that's good. I figure it was because of the new TMNT live action trailer. I played mostly on multiplayer with a friend and it was a bit glitchy. We couldn't even get the lobby going cause my screen who just show blank. TheI really love TMNT and I was excited to hear about this game. However, I was disappointed for the long wait for the PS3 release but I heard it was fixing some bugs so that's good. I figure it was because of the new TMNT live action trailer. I played mostly on multiplayer with a friend and it was a bit glitchy. We couldn't even get the lobby going cause my screen who just show blank. The gameplay was really great though and I had fun. The combos, fighting style and great little player perks were awesome. I think playing with a friend or two makes this game a little more great then just solo.
    There were several times when we encounter 'invisible enemies' and had to restart the game. The camera angles were sometimes odd. I would be up on the ceiling trying to fight a guy or inside the wall.

Another thing that disappointed me was that the challenges modes aren't multiplayer just the campagin. I would have really liked that to be multiplayer once we finished the game. My friend and I had a lot of fun with the game, I wished it was a bit longer and had more options for online stuff. It was 15$ so you can't really complain. I would actually replay the story just for fun with friends though. If you like TMNT then you will enjoy this game.
  9. Apr 22, 2014
    Absolutely terrible. I don't know how bad the game was/is on Xbox and PC... but the game must not have been playable on those consoles because it sure isn't playable on PS3. The only reason I give this game a 1 and not a 0 is because I am a huge Ninja Turtles fan.

During a boss fight 3 of the turtles (including the one I was playing with at the time) glitches inside of a building for the remainder of the fight... I BARELY beat the boss with 1 turtle. Glitches like this and other glitches run wild through out this game

I was at the menu in the game and clicked on "continue to HQ" and got a message saying that the game file was corrupted and I had to delete the game and re-install it from the playstation store.

Camera angles are really bad, I can't even see what I'm doing half the time. The buttons they chose to perform combos are absolutely horrendous. The game is FAR from polished.

I think this studio/developer lied about fixing the game.
    I think they waited to release it on PS3 because of how horrible the game is and they knew after all the bad reviews it got on Xbox and PC that they only way they would sell the game on PS3 is if they waited until the Ninja Turtles movie trailer was released and got people hyped about playing this game.

Not worth $15.... only 4 chapters in the main story... al though there is Dojo for training and classic arcade mode.

I'm one of those people who thought there should have been a discount for making us wait 7 months with ZERO news about the game. But I fell for the lie and I bought the game for $15, figuring it would be worth it.

Big mistake paying $15 for this game when there are so many other game for $15 or less on PSN that are miles better than this game.

I wanted so bad to love this game... I am a huge Ninja turtles fan and grew up with the original cartoons (no, I never read the original comics though, but those weren't for kids).

Save your $15.... or if you're a big Turtles fan, at least wait until the game goes on sale.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Apr 28, 2014
    This PS3 port may be more stable than its counterparts, but that doesn’t redeem its archaic gameplay and bland visuals.