6.5

1. Aug 20, 2013
    I don't understand the bad reviews

Solid Third person shooter, not very innovative in this department but gets the job done and is very enjoyable(why take points away for that)

The tactics are fun and different the game took a lot of risk and i applaud that rather than just being a mass effect 2 clone. I will add the tactics in battle may not be for everyone but if your not a fan of
    tactics don't rate this game badly because your not good at it

The story is entertaining enough and made me want to finish the game what else could you ask for? i see too much complaining about what the game isn't but it does not get any credit for what it is

reviewers rather give games like Saints Row 4 which was just a clone of saints row the third with super powers great scores because its simple minded and easy. I give a game like SR4 a 4-5 its the same thing as saints row the third with annoying super powers i did not even want them in the game wish they were optional.

Thank you 2k Marin for trying something different the game is solid and fun I hope these biased reviews don't completely mess up your sales game is worth the money
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    This is overall been a good game so far. Not as good as Enemy Unknown, but still awesome. If this game had been named something else, came out three years ago instead of the end of the current generation of systems or had not been associated with the original concept of an FPS, it would have scored better. Controls were solid, game play so far is good and story is decent.
  3. Aug 21, 2013
    I can't say that the overall gameplay dynamics are as clean as I would want them to be, but the background and story of this game are absolutely genius. I'm glad they are deciding to move away from strictly WWII and actually tap into more current and interesting American political struggle. Really great game.
  4. Aug 20, 2013
    Aunque digan lo contrario las Criticas,The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Es un gran Juego! te gusta la serie Falling Skies, este es tu Juego, que mezcla tercera persona, shooter, estrategia tactica!
  5. Aug 28, 2013
    Good game, very fun. Just like everybody here says, it could be more polished. The reviews are too low, this game really deserves at least a 8. Buy it, you won´t be disappointed.
  6. Jan 29, 2014
    Critics are wrong. It has the most expensive polygons i've ever seen. It is wonderfully voiced. It's gorgeously tactical yet perfectly first ''persony''. Theres even a perk/upgrade system not unlike Mass Effects.

If i made this game i'd have expected better reviews.

I suspect the people reviewing this game were chosen by the editors for their expertise in reviewing tactical games.
    This game is half tactical ergo the half-hearted reviews.

This game failed to disappoint me and im saddened it took me so long to play it because of my respect for the average metacritic review score. Lesson learned
  7. Jan 7, 2014
    After 3 days on my back (with a knackerd back) with nothing to entertain me and take my mind off the pain but 'the bureau' heres my review after about 10 hours playing.

What is it with xcom games?

Overall its an enjoyable game a 3rd person squad based tactical shooter set in the xcom universe. real time with 'slow time' for orders to be issued, rather than the more common xcom
    turn based.

BUT it gets increasingly glitchy as the game progresses. Just like its predecessor 'enemy unknown'. Same sorts of problems too. Units have major line of sight issues, shooting and moving through walls (or getting stuck in them), characters talk out of sync in cut scenes (or interact with objects like terminals several yards away from them), sound effects shut off during missions, main character enters a sort of game stopping 'ghost mode' mid mission able to move but with no ability to interact with the world, game freezes on transition into or out of missions aaaaaaaaaargh frustration. and these problems happen on two different PS3 (I swapped my units over halfway through) so its definitely the game not the PS3.

Aside from being spotted and fixed before release, its well over 3 months after release and this stuff should have been patch fixed by now.

Aside from the bugs its a good(ish) game, good story, good xcom integration, excellent 50s/60s USA nostalga/setting, good integration with 'real world' UFO lore (abductions and xfiles stuff) BUT with some real immersion destroying mechanics like squad support specialists calling down 'artillery strikes' inside rooms in alien space stations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much of the xcom alien tech is 'magic' just call it a 'cluster bomb grenade' or something less immersion destroying than an artillery strike inside a sealed room.

Well worth playing for xcom fans, like me, but prepare to be frustrated.
  8. Aug 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Xcom enemy uknown. игру?
    Конечно лунатиками.
    Еще DLC приходится.
    Ну
  9. Sep 18, 2013
    The two u's sum up the Bureau underwhelming and unfulfilling and it is even more disappointing because it was made by 4k the same people that did Bioshock and to be honest with you this game looked a lot more interesting when it was a first person shooter.
  10. Aug 21, 2013
    You walk around your base, talk to people, and nothing else. after that, you go to a mission, where you take cover and shoot things, then move to the next combat zone and do the same thing until the mission is over. That's it! Nothing else. Nothing that makes this into an X-COM game.
  11. Sep 2, 2013
    The Bureau is a solid built and enjoyable game that will appeal to all of those that are fans of the XCOM games, but it must be noted that this is a distant relation to the usual strategy gameplay of Enemy Unknown. The art and presentation are well put together and the story itself is a joy to play out. The problems come with clunky controls and squadmates that need constant instruction. I spent most of the game feeling as I had killed everything and I had 2 people with me to keep me company. The other floor is that the research system seems totally absent and the XCOM HQ itself feels like it could of had so so much more to keep you active between missions.

Overall its playable and XCOM fans will get something from this.

1. Oct 13, 2013
    After everything I've written, it should be quite clear to XCOM fans that The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is an entirely different kettle of fish despite sharing a few superficial elements. If the developers hadn't tried to connect the two, I suspect that more people might be pleasantly surprised by what it offers—a fantastically detailed 60's setting, an interesting approach to squad-based shooting, and a genuinely surprising sci-fi story that's told with panache.
  2. The Bureau is a though game to get into, not because of the difficulty but because of the unreliable Battle Focus, which you use to issue commands to your two companions. Another problem are the seemingly unending waves of enemies bearing down on you. [September p.50]
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    Technical issues, iffy storytelling and some questionable choices make for an uneven experience that fails to capitalise on what a fantastic license XCOM is. [Issue#235, p.76]