6.2

1. Dec 6, 2011
    Shame on you Bethesda ! It's broken on PS3 and you don't care ? I'll wait to see Skyrim under 5$ to buy it on PC ! That's all you will get from me .
  2. Dec 10, 2011
    As a faulty product that does not work, I can't give it anything above 0.

After about 50 hours into a playthrough, my save file is about 12mb, and the game is unplayable. The slightest bit of action causes a crash. Walking past someone causes a crash. Just walking down a quiet road causes huge framerate issues, I'm talking below 5 frames per second. Something has to be done, some kind of
    As a faulty product that does not work, I can't give it anything above 0.

Something has to be done, some kind of legal action has to take place.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    As others had mentioned earlier, I also suggests people "NOT TO BUY THE PS3 version". The game has the potential to be a masterpiece but it turns out to be a game that full of bugs, glitches, laggy and many more issues. I decided to return the game back to the retailer and got my money back. For those people who are experiencing the same problems, please return the broken game back to theAs others had mentioned earlier, I also suggests people "NOT TO BUY THE PS3 version". The game has the potential to be a masterpiece but it turns out to be a game that full of bugs, glitches, laggy and many more issues. I decided to return the game back to the retailer and got my money back. For those people who are experiencing the same problems, please return the broken game back to the retailer or wherever you got this game from. Let the retailer deal with the Publisher/developer and the retailer may even decided to take game off the shelves. Expand
  4. Dec 5, 2011
    I am writing this because I love video games, and need to bring to light a problem with a game I was looking forward to like nothing else. It is a real shame that a game with as much hype and obvious potential as skyrim was let down by the ridiculous lag issues that plague it. On the PC and Xbox this 'masterpiece' of a game runs fine... and don't get me wrong, it does look like aI am writing this because I love video games, and need to bring to light a problem with a game I was looking forward to like nothing else. It is a real shame that a game with as much hype and obvious potential as skyrim was let down by the ridiculous lag issues that plague it. On the PC and Xbox this 'masterpiece' of a game runs fine... and don't get me wrong, it does look like a masterpiece. However they have truly shafted us PS3 players by not tuning the game's lag issues to an acceptable standard - play with a character for any reasonable amount of time and get your save area in the 5MB+ region, and you will be subjected to something more akin to a PowerPoint slide show than the 30fps game you were promised. The game becomes an agonizing, infuriating, unplayable mess. This is no exaggeration. Google DigitalFoundry (a performance analysis site) along with Skyrim and the evidence is all there, captured on video.
    We, the consumers, deserve some integrity from the developers. They cannot be allowed to get away with ripping countless thousands of people off like this. If you haven't bought this game yet, please hear our appeal, and show Bethesda that we deserve fit-for-purpose products by holding off buying this game. If you have bought it, please help bring to light the problems countless gamers just like you are experiencing by writing honest reviews, posting on forums, sending emails to Bethesda. This is already reaching mainstream news, and you can help get this game fixed and give us PS3 gamers, who have done nothing wrong but happen to use this console instead of Xbox or PC, the game we paid for and deserved.
  5. Dec 5, 2011
    Let me make one thing clear... this game is actually incredible. Maybe one of the best games I've EVER played... so why am I giving it a 0 you may ask... because it's incredible, UNTIL you can't play it anymore due to the most horrible lag EVER in any game ever released!! You have to see it to believe it. You would be horrified to watch it drop to barely 1-2 frames per second... and that'sLet me make one thing clear... this game is actually incredible. Maybe one of the best games I've EVER played... so why am I giving it a 0 you may ask... because it's incredible, UNTIL you can't play it anymore due to the most horrible lag EVER in any game ever released!! You have to see it to believe it. You would be horrified to watch it drop to barely 1-2 frames per second... and that's when it's not just freezing up overall for many seconds at a time! It's obvious Bethesda knew there were problems with the PS3 version (which is why they only released PC and 360 copies for review) but didn't care and released it anyway so they wouldn't hurt their profits. I'm still blown away. Something should be done legally against this company for the FRAUD that was committed here, and that is exactly what it is. Even IGN is calling them out now on this. And it's so sad too... because before you hit the problem, it is truly an incredible game. But one minute playing a true Game of the Year candidate, only to have it turn into an unplayable piece of trash is something I never thought I would have witnessed! Expand
  6. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim: The most anticipated game of 2011. Don't be fooled by the hype, however, especially if you're a PS3 user. The game is, certainly, visually pleasing and full of depth. Locations are, within reason, unique and engaging at times. NPC's (Non-Player Characters) have schedules, moods (based on your actions) and other various quirks about them. On the one hand, this game is an amazingSkyrim: The most anticipated game of 2011. Don't be fooled by the hype, however, especially if you're a PS3 user. The game is, certainly, visually pleasing and full of depth. Locations are, within reason, unique and engaging at times. NPC's (Non-Player Characters) have schedules, moods (based on your actions) and other various quirks about them. On the one hand, this game is an amazing piece of artwork that should be lauded for it's goals. It reached for the heavens, and for a few, shining hours, it achieved it. The Perk system was brilliant, the leveling system was more than acceptable and the level scaling wasn't god-awful. Quests often had a good degree of 'feel' to them and NPC's certainly had personality. Who can forget Cicero?

What we COULD forget, however, is the incredible amount of bugs and holdups that come with playing the game at all. Sometimes, when joining the 'mages guild of skyrim', if you don't do exactly what you're told, you're completely stalled at this point. You can't go back and ask to try again, because the NPC just keeps expecting you to do it, but never actually realizes when you try to do said action again.

Be forewarned, however. PS3 users suffer an extreme case of exponential lag. When first playing the game is pristine and perfect, things move with ease, the graphics blend in ways that are purely amazing. As time goes by, however, you notice little bits of lag, nothing serious at first. Most of the time you won't even notice it right away, a slight jerkiness for a second after sprinting, a lag that goes as quickly as it comes after loading. 30-60 Hours later, however, it becomes much more pronounced. Entire areas will become lagged and jerky for 30 seconds to a minute, if you're lucky (sometimes, it just doesn't go away for some people). After that point, it becomes increasingly difficult to play. Lag increases exponentially as time played goes up and the save file becomes larger. What was once a mild amount of jerkiness becomes incredible amounts of choppiness. You might still get an hour or so, every time you reset your game. One hour, per reset. At most.

After playing for 75 hours with only a little bit of lag, in which I was incredibly lucky, things very quickly slowed to a crawl. The patch hit, and it seemed better for an extra ten hours or so, but it quickly went straight back to lag-fest-a-palooza. While this game is certainly an amazing work of art, it's more like the rip-off painting you got on the street corner that one time, for PS3 users. Pretty for all of a week or so, until you realize how completely worthless the painting is. Until the PS3 issues can be completely resolved, please avoid the PS3 version. PC/XBox are not nearly as bad right now.
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    As good as the game might be on the PS3 it can't be rated because it is currently unplayable. Reasons are summed up pretty well in this article: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214016p1.html
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    A masterpiece, unfortunately as seems to be normal these days the PS3 version is a complete mess. Want to play it, but the experience is just too frustrating with appalling lag, game breaking bugs. Hopefully it will get fixed but i wont hold my breath. Would be 10/10, in the current state its 0/10 and AVOID IT.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    I can't believe I'm giving a score of 0 to such an amazing game. Yes, Skyrim is amazing. It's huge and immersive and incredibly fun to play....or at least it was incredibly fun to play up until I hit 55 hours and couldn't even leave Whiterun because of the lag. I'm always prepared for glitches and bugs with a game as vast as Skyrim and I don't generally complain but the game is straight upI can't believe I'm giving a score of 0 to such an amazing game. Yes, Skyrim is amazing. It's huge and immersive and incredibly fun to play....or at least it was incredibly fun to play up until I hit 55 hours and couldn't even leave Whiterun because of the lag. I'm always prepared for glitches and bugs with a game as vast as Skyrim and I don't generally complain but the game is straight up UNPLAYABLE. Watching a slideshow is not my idea of entertainment and I am incredibly disappointed as I was not even close to finished. Imagine my surprise when I find hundreds of PS3 owners in the same boat and find out that Bethesda has released an unfinished game fully aware of the problems. I feel pretty insulted. Expand
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    This game would be so much fun but unfortunately it is broken on PS3 and unplayable after a while. Screw you Bathesda for knowingly releasing a full-price AAA game that gets unplayable after a certain amount of time. I will never buy a game of yours for more than 15$ again. I had the same issues wuth Fallout 3 and Fallout NV and tried to ignore it because the I liked the games - but thisThis game would be so much fun but unfortunately it is broken on PS3 and unplayable after a while. Screw you Bathesda for knowingly releasing a full-price AAA game that gets unplayable after a certain amount of time. I will never buy a game of yours for more than 15$ again. I had the same issues wuth Fallout 3 and Fallout NV and tried to ignore it because the I liked the games - but this time it is just too much. Expand
  11. Dec 7, 2011
    Sigh, what to say about this game? Buried in there is perhaps one of the greatest RPGs in history. Unfortunately, in its current state you'll never get to experience it. To say the game is glitchy is an understatement of epic proportions. It freezes, quests are broken, houses pop up, dragons fly backwards, and that's not even mentioning the largest issue. The game cannot handle systemSigh, what to say about this game? Buried in there is perhaps one of the greatest RPGs in history. Unfortunately, in its current state you'll never get to experience it. To say the game is glitchy is an understatement of epic proportions. It freezes, quests are broken, houses pop up, dragons fly backwards, and that's not even mentioning the largest issue. The game cannot handle system memory properly, and so rapidly grinds to a shuttering halt. Your frame rate will drop down to literally 0 fps at times. It becomes unplayable. Completely and totally unplayable. To add insult to injury, Bethesda the developers give little to no communication and insist that somehow "most" players do not experience this. I have yet to find a single person I know on this platform who can play the game. It really should be recalled. Do yourself a favor, stay away, and spend your money on any number of other worthy games. Such a complete and total shame. Expand
  12. Dec 7, 2011
    The truth is that Bethesda rushed this game to all hell, and let a massive memory leak bug disallow further progress for an RPG fan who loves to explore. And there's dozens of bugs that have been overlooked, but Bethesda doesn't care. They got their damn money off of us PS3 players without consideration of letting us play comfortably.
    I will admit this is Oblvion 2.0, its a ton of fun and
    I will admit this is Oblvion 2.0, its a ton of fun and the leveling system actually feels like a leveling system, but what good is a game promising over 300 hours of content when passing 50 hours presents game breaking bugs.
    Shame on you Bethesda, and please dismiss Pete Hines, he speaks and tries to "debunk" facts with his behind.
  13. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is just full of bugs.You cannot complete quests because there bugged.The framerate after your save file gets large makes the game unplayable.Yet another bugged released game by bugthesda.I got this one ps3 and would recommend that no one else buys this game.
  14. Dec 8, 2011
    I would give this game a 10, but my game due to the file size bug has become unplayable for me, i can play for quite some time if i turn ALL autosaving off, which is just right down frustrating to do, saving after i open every door and sell every little item is rediculous.... especially with no quick save function, i cant even have more than 1 save file for my playthrough.... if i do theI would give this game a 10, but my game due to the file size bug has become unplayable for me, i can play for quite some time if i turn ALL autosaving off, which is just right down frustrating to do, saving after i open every door and sell every little item is rediculous.... especially with no quick save function, i cant even have more than 1 save file for my playthrough.... if i do the game crashes and forces me to do a hard restart which we all know can be damaging to your console system as well. As it is.... unplayable = 0 score. Expand
  15. Dec 8, 2011
    The game is very buggy all round and it has major lag if you invest any amount of time at all into it, which you will end up doing if you do buy it! A shame because otherwise its a fantastic game, get it for pc or 360, or better yet wait until the problems are hopefully fixed and pick it up second hand nice and cheap!
  16. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is broken.DO NOT BUY this game.LAGS FREEZES,it can ruin your ps3 and mess up your HDD.DO NOT buy this game until bethesda fix it and according to this http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mza05/skyrim_ps3_framerate_fallout_new_vegas_developer/ it won't be fixed...
  17. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is broken so baddly that you cant finish it, main quest broken, side quests broken, and whats most importent extreme lags that looks likeslide shows. First time in my gameing history i want my money back.
  18. Dec 8, 2011
    Great game made unplayable due to lag, not fit for release. Beth should have held back the ps3 version and their handling of the situation has been very poor. Feel somewhat cheated. should have known better after playing FO3 GOTY
  19. Dec 8, 2011
    With all my heart I WANT to give this game a 10 but that qould in all honesty be cheating people out of hard earned money. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it is bugged plagued with quest issues up and down and all over Skyrim from Riften to Solitude and it will ruin quest chains as a vital npc refuses to acknowledge you and you have to sit on your ass waiting for Bugthesda to sluggishly andWith all my heart I WANT to give this game a 10 but that qould in all honesty be cheating people out of hard earned money. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it is bugged plagued with quest issues up and down and all over Skyrim from Riften to Solitude and it will ruin quest chains as a vital npc refuses to acknowledge you and you have to sit on your ass waiting for Bugthesda to sluggishly and uncaringly churn out a patch that in all honesty WON'T fix the problem.
    Now for the best part the FPS issues as you playthrough this land of should-be-wonder your save file goes up bit by bit leading to eventual FPS drops to 10-15 or even as bad as 8-0 and COMPLETELY FREEZING the game by the time your 60 hours in or have a file of around 5.5(not that large). Restarting over and over again just to have the issue return after around 30 minutes. Fun fact this issue was brought up by Bethesda and apparently 'resolved' in patch 1.2 which actually made this game EVEN BUGGIER and in some cases led the FPS cuts to get worse for some uses at a even shorter time of a 2.5mb file and 20 hours in which is completely unacceptable for a game of this standing and scope.
    TL;DR 0-10 hours: :D 10-25 hours :) 25-50 hours D:< 50+: your in blind rage
  20. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is a crap.DO NOT BUY this game.There are so many problems in the version of ps3 that makes it unplayable.You will regret if you buy it.You wouldn't buy a game that is just full of bugs.You cannot even complete quests because there bugged and the frame drops are constant along with freezes
  21. Dec 6, 2011
    This is oen of the best games I've ever played, massive and diverse however this all falls apart. Play the game for 50 + and the games frame rate drops to single digits. This only affects PS3 versions unfortunately. :'( which is a shame because I'm not sure how well my PC would run it.
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    Initially I was very excited & was ready to make Skyrim my all time favourite game. As time went on however, I became more & more disillusioned. The good - world looks awesome, up to a point ( the bad below); defeating your 1st dragon feels awesome; character customisation allows you to create the character you want; soooo much you can choose to do.
    The bad - combat is as bad as morrowind
    The bad - combat is as bad as morrowind & oblivion, with no lock on it's too hit & miss; creatures in the world do not stand out enough & you often can't see anyone/even when the hud is saying you've been detected; after playing for a while the darker textures started to strobe like lightning! in towns, often 2 or 3 characters will be speaking to you at once, often repeating same dialogue ova & ova (particularly annoying wen trying to follow 1 quest conversation in the middle of it all); often the quests you are given just get you killed, & with no indication as to what's appropriate for your character's level it can get very frustrating.
    My biggest beef however is, once again, I can't play the character I want. I want to be a hunter, sneaking up on animals & taking them down with a single bowshot. This can work if you see the creature 1st. However, in caves & dungeons or where there's multiple enemies such a opcharacter gets swarmed & killed too easily. Ditto, sneaking around hunting. Too often I ran into a bear or saber tooth tiger & was killed in seconds.
    Too many of the problems that plagued Oblivion remain. I hope they get it right next time.
  23. Dec 6, 2011
    5 years. 5 years I have been waiting for this game. Oblivion had a few bugs here and there but nothing that couldn't be ignored when thinking about the scale of the game; after all, it WAS the Game of the Year in 2006. Back then I would've thought the very idea of giving the sequel to such a stroke of genius less than 9/10 to be laughable. However, here I sit, with my near-enough5 years. 5 years I have been waiting for this game. Oblivion had a few bugs here and there but nothing that couldn't be ignored when thinking about the scale of the game; after all, it WAS the Game of the Year in 2006. Back then I would've thought the very idea of giving the sequel to such a stroke of genius less than 9/10 to be laughable. However, here I sit, with my near-enough unplayable copy of Skyrim in my hand. I will give anyone considering buying this product for the PS3 a warning: DO NOT. If you're thinking that we are just being melodramatic and whiny, you sure have a shock in store for yourself when you foolishly decide to play this game for a sustained period of time. Bethesda has always been awful when it comes to Playstation but this is just ridiculous. If it doesn't lessen it's obvious favouritism soon then I can guarantee it will lose itself an awful lot of consumers. I don't see how they couldn't have forseen this glaring, major flaw in their product. Patches have been promised, however, which I pray fix the issue; if not, Bethesda has no way to redeem themselves and I, for one, will have simply had enough. We have put up with these 'issues' for a long time and now I no longer have the faith to defend the game, or the developer. Fix the problem. Expand
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim brings 'all flash no substance' to an entirely new level. Somehow people are impressed by having giant sub-par looking landscapes and tons of NPC's even if it substitutes an actually decent combat system, or basically any gameplay mechanic that's even remotely challenging or polished.

If a game based around conflict doesn't have a good combat system, it has nothing. Plain and simple. Bethesda opted for a big world instead of a well designed one, and that's what they got. I'd rather play several better smaller games then waste my time playing one bad big one.
  25. Nov 17, 2011
    This game, like any other bethesda games, just suck!

I try hard to understand HOW this game can have all this hype. I mean, take a look at the game. Just doesn't go with the flow. I think 90% of the players like just because most like it. It cant be good because ITS NOT. Its all broken, physics sux, textures, graphics, story... all extremely bad! I feel like Im playing a 1997 PC game
    This game, like any other bethesda games, just suck!

I feel like Im playing a 1997 PC game from a bad game maker. If I could, I would give -10. I dont give this bad score unless the game REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY deserves. Congratulations Skyrim!
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    Despite the universal acclaim coming from all the usual gaming websites, this game is not as amazing as they would have you believe. We shouldn't be surprised really considering these sites get their revenue from advertising the very games they are reviewing (what a surprise, the game in the ad banner next to this review is getting a 9.5/10!!!). This game is broken. Glitches, like beingDespite the universal acclaim coming from all the usual gaming websites, this game is not as amazing as they would have you believe. We shouldn't be surprised really considering these sites get their revenue from advertising the very games they are reviewing (what a surprise, the game in the ad banner next to this review is getting a 9.5/10!!!). This game is broken. Glitches, like being hit and flying through the air and into some weird black boxy computer-land is, I presume, not part of the elder-scrolls story. Others, like NPCs having what look to be epileptic fits while they talk to a wall (instead of you), are completely ridiculous and show a lack of polish. It is sad to think that game-makers like Bethusda spend so much money on advertising when they could have instead channelled the funds into having programmers put together a game which doesn't look half-finished. If you have to buy this, then get it on PC where hopefully it will be fixed up with mods and/or patches. In the meantime, avoid.â Expand
  27. hav
    Nov 11, 2011
    I loved Morrowind and oblivion. This is no different. Absolutely sunning visuals and game play.

This draws from Morrowind's more graphic style and leans away from the quiet quaintness of Oblivion. It's a very very fun and detailed game.
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is at the epitome of amazing RPG's. Games like Dark Souls and Mass Effect are close to the elder scrolls series but never succeed it. The graphics are tight, the gameplay (albeit still a bit floaty) has been improved vastly, the story not a great as morrowinds but has been improved from oblivions. And the general feeling of being able to have total freedom to do whatever youThis game is at the epitome of amazing RPG's. Games like Dark Souls and Mass Effect are close to the elder scrolls series but never succeed it. The graphics are tight, the gameplay (albeit still a bit floaty) has been improved vastly, the story not a great as morrowinds but has been improved from oblivions. And the general feeling of being able to have total freedom to do whatever you desire makes this a must have game. Expand
  29. Nov 27, 2011
    this game is made for people with no friends, its a PC **** game that has invaded the consoles. people say with pride I've been play for 800 hours I'm on my 9billionth guest. get a life. the game is broken i needs a patch, why release a unfinished game.
  30. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim is an excellent game hidden under many game breaking bugs. Unfortunately due to the huge marketing behind the release date 11/11/11...the game was rushed in order to meet the date. Two weeks after the game comes out...Bethesda releases a useless patch which actually breaks the game further. I'm fed up of being a games tester for a company more interested in profit than theSkyrim is an excellent game hidden under many game breaking bugs. Unfortunately due to the huge marketing behind the release date 11/11/11...the game was rushed in order to meet the date. Two weeks after the game comes out...Bethesda releases a useless patch which actually breaks the game further. I'm fed up of being a games tester for a company more interested in profit than the satisfaction of it's customers. Head on over to the Bethesda forums to view the ongoing trouble across all three platforms. Expand
  31. Dec 6, 2011
    This would be a great game if it wasn't for the bugs, the framerate issues and the way it basically collapses in on itself the more you play it. If it worked, I'd give it a ten. Right now I'm giving Bethesda a zero, because this thing needed a lot more time in the oven before it was done. Don't sell me a broken product and expect to get away with it.
  32. Dec 5, 2011
    After awhile my ps3 freezes and after all the corrupt game file stories i quit playing until they release a patch that probably wont fix it. Also all the cool weapon racks and bookshelves in my house do not work which is really half the fun in a game like this.
  33. Dec 5, 2011
    This game should be one of the best ever PS3 titles but has been released with game destroying framerate/crash issues. As a result this game is frustrating, it lures you in with an amazing world, great graphics and fun gameplay then snatches it away as the game crumbles in front on your eyes. The framerate drops so much that the game is virtually unplayable, at the very least unenjoyable.This game should be one of the best ever PS3 titles but has been released with game destroying framerate/crash issues. As a result this game is frustrating, it lures you in with an amazing world, great graphics and fun gameplay then snatches it away as the game crumbles in front on your eyes. The framerate drops so much that the game is virtually unplayable, at the very least unenjoyable. Bethesda must have known about this common bug so they have essentially ripped off their PS3 fanbase with a broken game. AVOID. Expand
  34. Dec 5, 2011
    I love this game, it had all that it takes to be GOTY, except that it does not work on the ps3. The lag and the crashes, with a bit of broken main quests sprinkled on top makes this the most frustrating expirience in all my years of ps3 gaming. Get this game on the xbox, avoid the ps3 version like the plague. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!
  35. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is absolutely incredible. The graphics and beautiful vistas will blow your mind, as will the decapitations and sweet victory that follows creatively slaying a Dragon. That being said; the game is a disaster. It's unplayable with lag, and it's now becoming clear (thanks to a head dev at Obsidian(new Vegas)), that the game is eventually breaking for everybody, due to it beingThis game is absolutely incredible. The graphics and beautiful vistas will blow your mind, as will the decapitations and sweet victory that follows creatively slaying a Dragon. That being said; the game is a disaster. It's unplayable with lag, and it's now becoming clear (thanks to a head dev at Obsidian(new Vegas)), that the game is eventually breaking for everybody, due to it being neglected by Bethesda(big surprise there.). My advice: Don't buy it, but save up money for it. The moment people report it's fixed, go buy it, and prepare to lose countless nights questing. Expand
  36. Dec 6, 2011
    Good graphics, good story, good sounds, big beautiful world to explore.. but that's pretty much it. That's why I give it a 4. This review is an honest one, and I'm not even taking into consideration the amount of game breaking bugs and frame rate issues this game has. The gameplay, combat system, level design, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface are all mediocre or average at best.Good graphics, good story, good sounds, big beautiful world to explore.. but that's pretty much it. That's why I give it a 4. This review is an honest one, and I'm not even taking into consideration the amount of game breaking bugs and frame rate issues this game has. The gameplay, combat system, level design, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface are all mediocre or average at best. I do not understand how such an average game can get scored 9 and 10 by supposedly professional and impartial reviewers. Especially when a game like New Vegas, who was much better than Skyrim in every possible way (except for graphics) was scored only 8. That doesn't make sense to me. Has the game industry really sunken so low, that we consider appearances and quantity more important than gameplay and quality? Now with all that said I will say that Skyrim is still fun to play.. when it works properly that is. That is why I strongly suggest you get it on Xbox360 or PC instead of PS3. But even then, I do not believe that this game deserves the title of GOTY. That is an absolute insult to all the other developers who designed much better games this year. Expand
  37. Dec 6, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!! At least until they actually have it fixed.
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!! At least until they actually have it fixed.
    Only giving game a zero for down-voting purposes(Because it needs to be). Has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever made. Loved the first 60 hours or so of it. The problem is after you invest so much time into the game, it becomes unplayable. Some people say that they can play through the lag. This is false! Sure you could play through it, but it is seriously so laggy that it makes your eyes hurt. I quit playing 2 weeks ago in the hopes that the patch would fix the problem, but sadly it didn't. Now Bethesda has nothing to say as to whether or not the game is even fixable. So Don't buy this game until you are sure it works properly.
  38. Dec 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is completely broken , at first everything looks fine, but after a while this lagfest and stutterfest takes over and never looks back. Do not buy this game, the people at BEthesda should be ashamed of this fiasco and scam/ Expand
  39. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is nearly unplayable for me on the PS3, I must first address that the lag is inexcusable especially for them having known of this issue since at least 2008 when Fallout 3 was out, to release in this state is simply lazy and dishonest to their user base.

The games story is shallow, the plot involves very little actual player choice nor any consequences. I found the guilds equally shallow... From the perspective of one who plays the elder scrolls games, and PnP RPGs usually as a thief rogue character, they have included a "Thieves Guild" my problem with this guild in Skyrim is that it contains 2 quests of actually thievery and 10 dungeon crawling hack and slash quests. They are generic uninteresting and reflect on just how lazily this game was written.
  40. Dec 6, 2011
    Game is a NIGHTMARE on the PS3. Starts out fine but after awhile BOOM! Lag city. We're talking slideshow people. If you manage to deal with that sooner or later you'll get hard lock on loads, when you wait, or sometimes for no reason at all. If it hard locks enough you may end up corrupting your HDD.

If THAT isn't bad enough there are countless quests that are glitchy, some to the point that you can't even complete them. Also a ton of minor bugs, like home items (weapons racks, bookshelves, etc.) that don't work or cause items to fall into a black hole. My advice: DO NOT buy this game. If you already have it, shelf it until it gets fixed, assuming it ever does.
  41. Dec 6, 2011
    Oh dear......Let me start by saying the first time I loaded this game into the PS3 I thought this was gaming bliss, gorgeous looking game absolutely stunning. Many of you probably thought the same thing......however, I booked a week off work and....ummm...well I racked up 120 hours on it in a week. At this point in time with a 15 Mb file the frame rate was insanely slow after around 30Oh dear......Let me start by saying the first time I loaded this game into the PS3 I thought this was gaming bliss, gorgeous looking game absolutely stunning. Many of you probably thought the same thing......however, I booked a week off work and....ummm...well I racked up 120 hours on it in a week. At this point in time with a 15 Mb file the frame rate was insanely slow after around 30 mins of gameplay. I put up with it for a few days, with the only way to cure the framerate issues was a reload of the game, which cured it for a few moments.......but this is no way to play a game!, fighting dragons appeared to be a slideshow and heaven forbid if more than 2 people attacked me, the game froze.....

Even walking through the wilderness it became a slide show. So I shelved the game, waited for the latest patch....which DID improve the framerate.......for 40mins. I desperately want to love this game and want other to love it, but I have to give my honest opinion and say please dont buy this game in the current state it is in. Bethesda MUST have know about this problem....how can they not? They should NOT be allowed to release this sorry state of a game......I wouldn't even buy this if it was in the bargain bin. Due to the huge disappointment and the unplayability of this game now it deserves a 0.
    I traded it in for MW3. I will not be buying this game again, unless the frame rate is sorted.
    Sorry Bethesda, I will NOT be buying your products again. I've been stung by you too many times. I'll be renting your releases from now on.
  42. Dec 6, 2011
    It could really be the GOTY favourite, but PS3 version is so screwed up that in fact it cannot be played to its full extent at all. FPS down to zero, broken quests, dragons glitch and so on, it can't be played until it gets fixed.
  43. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken, laggy, and full of bugs. This is a very poor release on Bethesda's part and anyone who rates this game over a 6 hasn't put any honest time into it. Don't waste your money here till we get serious confirmation of game play enhancing patches.
  44. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is still under production DO NOT BUY IT.IT has lags,freezes ans serious bugs.This thing is a giant bug that can ruin even your PS3.it's awfull.It has many many flaws
  45. Dec 6, 2011
    I bought Skyrim with the intention to play until my hands bled. I was really looking forward to play the game and at first I could! For about 45 hours playing Skyrim was more or less amazing, not including all the bugs I am used to in a Bethesda game. But after 45 hours the game started to freeze, crash and generally stop acting like it should. 50 hours in, its impossible to play anymore.I bought Skyrim with the intention to play until my hands bled. I was really looking forward to play the game and at first I could! For about 45 hours playing Skyrim was more or less amazing, not including all the bugs I am used to in a Bethesda game. But after 45 hours the game started to freeze, crash and generally stop acting like it should. 50 hours in, its impossible to play anymore. I have read on the Bethesda forums that its not just me that is having problems, even IGN have written an article about this! It seems the problems lies with the size of our saved games, something that most PS3 gamers will suffers from sooner or later. Unfixable! I am sorry Bethesda, I cant accept this, regard my vote as trhe last thing you will ever hear from me. Expand
  46. Dec 6, 2011
    The game is broken. Dont buy it. When you play 100 hours ( more or less) the game becomes unplayable. Bethesda can´t go off so easily. They must pay for try sell us a broken product.
  47. Dec 6, 2011
    Horrible lag, mass amount of bugs, just go read posts anywhere from players on forums and websites!! Can't play due to incredible lag, runs like a slideshow! Horrible waste of money, NO MORE Bethesda games for me, paying to beta test their junk. Unacceptable!! Here, see for yourself!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214016p1.html http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/182-playstation-3/
  48. Dec 6, 2011
    I own the PS3 version of this game and because of the immense amount of game breaking bugs I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone. Bethesda knowingly released a broken game to the public. This a shameful act and therefore the score needs to reflect that. The only reason it gets a 2 instead of 0 is because when the game works its a lot of fun but right now my copy isI own the PS3 version of this game and because of the immense amount of game breaking bugs I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone. Bethesda knowingly released a broken game to the public. This a shameful act and therefore the score needs to reflect that. The only reason it gets a 2 instead of 0 is because when the game works its a lot of fun but right now my copy is unplayable so the score will reflect it. Expand
  49. Dec 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game works for a week. When you get deep into quests and storyline PS3 just can't handle all the data. Then the GAME GET'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY. Lag, low fps and freezes the ps3 on about 5% of the loading screens, forcing you tu reset the console.

Sony, you should demand this guys.

Bad move Bethesda.
  50. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is unplayable and NOT FIT TO BE ON SHELVES!

Logically, the issue cannot be exclusively hardware â
  51. Dec 6, 2011
    The publisher doesn't care for the PS3.I want my money back.This thing is unplayable unfortunately.It's a gross.After your save hits 6 MB lag and freezes will be your amusement.
  52. Dec 8, 2011
    Skyrim is not what it seems.It's a laggy laggy laggy game on the PS3.Patches dont help.DO NOT BUY it.It freezes and lags as hellIt can ruin your PS3.
  53. Dec 8, 2011
    10/10 for most professional reviews?I wonder how much have you played this game?This game it has bugs ok,it has freezes ok but IT HAS SUCH AN ANNOYING LAG.that's not ok.Beth doesn't care for us and wont gonna fix this.It worth a 0.
  54. Dec 12, 2011
    This game is completely broken on the ps3. The game will slowly wither away the more you play it, until it becomes absolutely unplayable. The lag starts around the 30 hour mark and gets progressively worse. If you must have this game, wait until it's patched or DO NOT BUY THIS GAME
  55. Dec 12, 2011
    Bethesda intentionally shipped a broken version of the game on PS3 and I would bet at this moment they have no idea of how to address the issue. The issue is lag. After a period of time playing the game and your save file size starts to exceed 7mb, The game will start lagging so bad that it becomes impossible to play. I have played this game today and it has crashed 7 times. Everyone whoBethesda intentionally shipped a broken version of the game on PS3 and I would bet at this moment they have no idea of how to address the issue. The issue is lag. After a period of time playing the game and your save file size starts to exceed 7mb, The game will start lagging so bad that it becomes impossible to play. I have played this game today and it has crashed 7 times. Everyone who is having these problems with Skyrim on thier PS3 should be trading their games in to keep Bethesda from taking money from customers and selling them a broken product Expand
  56. Dec 12, 2011
    An incredible game when you first start, but the game degrades into a buggy mess the further you play, and the bigger your save file gets.
    I was hoping I wouldn't run into the same slow-down and bugs others people have complained about, (or that I've seen on youtube), and for the most part, the lag and slowdown wasn't that bad, the game was still playable. But then the crashing started. Crash after crash. Even with auto-saving turned off, I found the game would randomly freeze, with the auto-save msg at the top. (wait what?!) That's right, It was still auto-saving after I turned off ALL the auto-save options. I double, and triple checked. They were all disabled. There is a HUGE amount of bugs, new ones being discovered daily. It seems the PS3 players are beta testing for Bethesda..

The game at its core is beautiful, but with all these problems, it's BROKEN. This is the most unpolished buggiest game I have EVER played on a console. I play on a console to AVOID games crashing. Anyone on the fence about buying this game, goto the official Bethesda forums, the "Technical Issues" section for the PS3. Peruse some threads, and see for yourself just how insanely unfinished and broken this "GOTY" actually is...
  57. Dec 15, 2011
    BE WARNED! PS3 game is very broken and theres not much hope for it to ever work properly. It's so nice to play for tens of hours to find out that it becomes unplayable after that because of freezing and lagging + other "fun" glitches. If you have a chance of returning the game, DO IT and demand you get your money back. It's just unreal how Bethesda f***s their fanbase with such brokenBE WARNED! PS3 game is very broken and theres not much hope for it to ever work properly. It's so nice to play for tens of hours to find out that it becomes unplayable after that because of freezing and lagging + other "fun" glitches. If you have a chance of returning the game, DO IT and demand you get your money back. It's just unreal how Bethesda f***s their fanbase with such broken release!
    GOTY my ass.
  58. Dec 13, 2011
    PROS: everything that isn't broken is superbly crafted. The main storyline, the side quests, the UI, even the simplistic combat--which if described to me, I would surely assume to be jejune and not worth my time--is actually very satisfying. Bethesda gets a standing ovation. With the exception of maybe Red Dead, I've never been so engrossed in the fixed narrative of an open-world game.PROS: everything that isn't broken is superbly crafted. The main storyline, the side quests, the UI, even the simplistic combat--which if described to me, I would surely assume to be jejune and not worth my time--is actually very satisfying. Bethesda gets a standing ovation. With the exception of maybe Red Dead, I've never been so engrossed in the fixed narrative of an open-world game. Usually I have to be stripped of freedom to enjoy a well-crafted story (e.g. uncharted) but Bethesda gives you the best of both worlds. Bravo! Definitely worth full-price...but with an asterisk* *CONS: the game is broken. I got to 6MB bug free. More frequent bugs after 8MB and ater 11MB, it became unplayable. If you play games for the story (whether crafted by you in an open-world or supplied by a fixed narrative) you won't be able to finish this game and enjoy the fruits of your labor. I've wasted at least 3 hours replaying parts due to crashes/freezes and another 1-2 hrs due to retarded frame-rates (literally retarded not the juvenile malapropism). What makes this more frustrating is that to fix the frame rate issues, it's recommended that you disable auto-saves. So my choices are either unplayable frame-rates or constant disruptive manual saves multiple times an hour, or replaying 30-60min sections due to crashes. I only have 45-90min every evening to either watch TV, surf the net or play games. To have the majority of that time be wasted is quite frustrating. What's that Einstein quotation about insanity? Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? Yeah... this game made me crazy. But I'm afraid I have to return to the world of the sane; I sadly won't be able to finish this fantastic game. Maybe in a few years, I'll pick up the GOTY edition for 20 bucks used and finish it but right now, I can't imagine anyone with a career, family-- your every day person with a life--being able to deal with the game-breaking technological deficiencies. RECOMMENDATION: buy it for the PC if you are lucky to have the specs to play it. DO NOT BUY on PS3 unless you are un(der)employed, sick and quarantined with nothing to do, or are on an extended vacation that you'd like to spend replaying sections of a game but never finishing. For those who want numbered scores: without game-breaking bugs: 10/10. With bugs: 0/10. Since the PS3 has bugs...I sadly have to give it a zero as I've wasted about 30hrs... Expand
  59. Dec 12, 2011
    I'm sorry and I truly hate to do this. This was one of the best games I've truly ever played until everything fell apart before my very eyes. My first 50 hours or so were some of the most complete bliss I've ever had playing a game, but then it started to get worse and worse on my system. Also yeah, the update made my game worse... I can't believe how awfully this was handled, it'sI'm sorry and I truly hate to do this. This was one of the best games I've truly ever played until everything fell apart before my very eyes. My first 50 hours or so were some of the most complete bliss I've ever had playing a game, but then it started to get worse and worse on my system. Also yeah, the update made my game worse... I can't believe how awfully this was handled, it's embarrassing honestly. Don't buy this game for PS3 or for any system honestly. Don't support them for making products with this kind of complete lack of care. I want my money back honestly... Expand
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    In good ...

This game has a very serious problem ... It is impossible to stop playing! I'm at level 22 and level 100 in conjuration and the more it evolves into something, the more you see that still has much in progress! It is a work of art, where the vaunted Nordic is from the soundtrack to the buildings and clothing. Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place
    In good ...

This game has a very serious problem ...
    It is impossible to stop playing!

Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited.

For Odin ... I'm speechless ...
  61. Nov 15, 2011
    Greatest game rver made. Breathtaking graphics/art design, epically good and perfectly fitting soundtrack. They took everything that worked best in the elder scrolls and fallout to make the best game they have ever done. Dont let the trolls fool you, the critics are right for once.
  62. Dec 6, 2011
    The game is beautiful... if it would work! If the game would be working I'd give it a 9 but this game is clearly the biggest flop to ever be created. The framrate drop and the overwhelming bugs are just gamebreaking. Do not get this game until they fix it... if they ever will.
  63. Dec 6, 2011
    I give this game a 10 all the way!!!.......until the lag kicks in. The fact that this game was released in such a broken state is unbelievable and completely inexcusable. I highly suggest holding off on the purchase of this game until you begin to see the complaints on the Bethesda forums go WAAAYYY down! At this point in time, the game is broken. Don't waste your money. Continually checkI give this game a 10 all the way!!!.......until the lag kicks in. The fact that this game was released in such a broken state is unbelievable and completely inexcusable. I highly suggest holding off on the purchase of this game until you begin to see the complaints on the Bethesda forums go WAAAYYY down! At this point in time, the game is broken. Don't waste your money. Continually check the forums for updates on the progress of its updates and game-breaking bug fixes. Expand
  64. Dec 6, 2011
    This rating is specifically for the ps3 version which is currently completely broken for myself and if you believe the forums, a great many others.

Pre patch 1.2 I very much enjoyed this game and would have rated it around a 9/10 but now with it crashing constantly when walking through any door its unplayable and I worry about the risk to my new ps3 with having to constantly reboot it. The developer, Bethesda have said a new patch is coming but that was days ago and they have not been forthcoming with information which given the current state of the game on ps3 is unforgivable.
  65. Dec 6, 2011
    I really, really wanted to love this game but I just can't recommend it in its current condition. After 65 hours of play, it just collapsed on me with serious lag, it was like playing a slideshow. Quest items began to disappear and dragons flying backwards made the game impossible to progress. I would love to have the faith of others that a patch will fix it but I'm still waiting forI really, really wanted to love this game but I just can't recommend it in its current condition. After 65 hours of play, it just collapsed on me with serious lag, it was like playing a slideshow. Quest items began to disappear and dragons flying backwards made the game impossible to progress. I would love to have the faith of others that a patch will fix it but I'm still waiting for patches to fix Fallout and Oblivion.

Took it back and got a refund instead. Wake up Bethesda. You could make great games if you learnt how to make them work properly :( .
  66. Dec 6, 2011
    Let me start off by saying this game started out fantastic. The story is great, the music is epic, the environs are outstanding.... But there is just too many bugs. especially on the ps3 version. The lag is horrible, we all know this, bethesda knows this, they just dont seem to care... i originally would have given this game a 9 or 10, but it gets a 3 because of bethesda's continuedLet me start off by saying this game started out fantastic. The story is great, the music is epic, the environs are outstanding.... But there is just too many bugs. especially on the ps3 version. The lag is horrible, we all know this, bethesda knows this, they just dont seem to care... i originally would have given this game a 9 or 10, but it gets a 3 because of bethesda's continued tight-lipped reaction to it, and the proverbial middle finger they keep giving to their customers. Expand
  67. Dec 6, 2011
    As most of the owners of Skyrim on PS3 i rushed to buy the game on its release date, i played without any problems the first two weeks, 41 hours total. After that the game was literally a slideshow! Patch 1.2 came up, didn´t fix the lag at all and the game is unplayable. I rushed to the forums, and surprise!! everyone on the PS3 having the same issue, it's really a majorAs most of the owners of Skyrim on PS3 i rushed to buy the game on its release date, i played without any problems the first two weeks, 41 hours total. After that the game was literally a slideshow! Patch 1.2 came up, didn´t fix the lag at all and the game is unplayable. I rushed to the forums, and surprise!! everyone on the PS3 having the same issue, it's really a major problem. I give the game a 0 score because you can´t play the game at all once the lag comes. I hope Bethesda fix this problem, but it is a shame that they released Skyrim with this HUGE problem, there is no way that Bethesda did not know about the lag before release. Expand
  68. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is completely broken. Shame on Bethesda for releasing this clearly unfinished game. Go buy Batman or Uncharted or something that was actually completed before launch.
  69. Dec 6, 2011
    Ditto. Bethesda is selling a broken game to people for $60 + tax. Do not be the next one to be swindled. Very Disappointing. The lag and frame rate issues on the PS3 render the game unplayable for everyone at a certain point; Shame on Bethesda.
  70. Dec 6, 2011
    Despite of the first GREAT hours inside the world of Skyrim, it soon became a torture, where I couldnt play in that awesome open world, swing my axe in glory. The lagfest started and made it unplayable. Instead of telling people not to buy, I would recommend waiting for at least 3 more patches before buying it. A game that should be GOTY became the most shameful frustration of the year.
  71. Dec 6, 2011
    My save file is only at about 4MB right now, so I have yet to see the major lag issues (the game has crashed about 3 times, though) I am scoring this game a zero here as a gesture of solidarity with other PS3 Skyrim players who are experiencing this problem. I think it is unethical that Bethesda would release a game in such a condition. It is a tragedy because, like others, I feel thatMy save file is only at about 4MB right now, so I have yet to see the major lag issues (the game has crashed about 3 times, though) I am scoring this game a zero here as a gesture of solidarity with other PS3 Skyrim players who are experiencing this problem. I think it is unethical that Bethesda would release a game in such a condition. It is a tragedy because, like others, I feel that this would have been one of the greatest video games ever made. Now, I'm off to to wait for the inevitable onset of lag, as if I were sitting with a terminally ill loved one. Expand
  72. Dec 6, 2011
    Sigh... I wanted to love this game as much as I did Morrowind and Oblivion and I did right up until the point my PS3 seemed to choke to death. Sure a reboot clears the problem for a short amount of time but the ugly problem of display lag appears again to taunt you one more time. What I have played is fantastic, it is only the framerates and broken quest lines that are the deal breaker forSigh... I wanted to love this game as much as I did Morrowind and Oblivion and I did right up until the point my PS3 seemed to choke to death. Sure a reboot clears the problem for a short amount of time but the ugly problem of display lag appears again to taunt you one more time. What I have played is fantastic, it is only the framerates and broken quest lines that are the deal breaker for me. I never expected zero bugs, just not such glaringly obvious ones. Expand
  73. Dec 7, 2011
    Bethesda has decided that they are going to treat PS3 users as Beta testers so they could release this game for the Christmas Season. I have tried calling them, e-mailing them asking for resolutions to the lag issues.

This game doesn't work. Don't buy it at all if you can help it.
  74. Dec 8, 2011
    Extremely poor, broken game. It's almost unplayable on the PS3 and the developer have no intentions of completely fixing it. The game should never have been released in this state.
  75. Dec 8, 2011
    BETHESDA=EPIC FAIL...I WON'T BUY ANYTHING IN THE FUTURE! EVEN IF IT WILL BE THE GAME OF THE GENERATION OR THE CENTURY! DO AN EXCLUSIVE XBOX GAME ONLY, OR IF YOU WANT EXTRA CASH FROM PS3 USERS DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL...YOU WALK AROUND WITH XBOX T-SHIRTS AND YOU THINK PS3 USERS ARE STUPID...LET IT BE GOTY AND USER SCORE A POOR 5!
  76. Dec 8, 2011
    Buy this game for Xbox or the computer. Score on PS3 is a big fat ZERO. The game is amazing. But on PS3 it is completely broken. I should have known better after Fallout. Alarm bells were ringing for me when they did not release the PS3 version for review, but I had no idea it could be this bad. Bethesda has huge balls to outright lie the way they have been.
  77. Dec 12, 2011
    Skyrim is something unique in many ways,it's a fantastic huge epic world,one of the most massives on the consoles RPG standars.But there is a great deliverance between that and what hides beneath it.Dragons aren't so scary as the frame drops are,Freezing issues are more dangerous than dungeons and beware,beware my brave warriors the Skyrim itself problems can kill your beloved kingdom ofSkyrim is something unique in many ways,it's a fantastic huge epic world,one of the most massives on the consoles RPG standars.But there is a great deliverance between that and what hides beneath it.Dragons aren't so scary as the frame drops are,Freezing issues are more dangerous than dungeons and beware,beware my brave warriors the Skyrim itself problems can kill your beloved kingdom of PS3.Do not let this happen... Expand
  78. Dec 12, 2011
    The lack of acknowledgement by so many reviewers about how broken this game is for some people on PS3 only makes the fact that it is unplayable a bit curious about what happened with the PS3 version.Visit Beth forums and you will see why so many users here give it a zero.I will give it a zero too.The truth is not in the professional reviews,it's here and in the forums...
  79. Dec 8, 2011
    Game is Broken

Game is Broken

For the first 2 days of playing, I was thinking "wow this game is awesome". I was even flirting with the possibility that I liked the game more than Morrowind which is one of my favorite games of all time. Unfortunately as the hours went by and the save grew larger and larger and the lag crept in and the broken quests added up.... you get the point. The game is BROKEN, it becomes a slide show, you can't finish quests and I'm talking main storyline quests not miscellaneous junk. It's sad this game was released on 11/11/11 only because of greed. I mean that date was so cool it didn't matter that the game was BROKEN. Bethesda knew it too, they didn't even send out PS3 copies for review. Disgusting. I hope it can be fixed but as of now it's BROKEN.
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    Easily one of my favorite games ever. So much to do, and no serious bugs (only glitchy things I've run into have been comical). Good work Bethesda... you delivered another classic.
  81. Dec 6, 2011
    I am unable to continue playing after reaching only level 4, this is unbearable to play and not worth any time spend on it, being unable to play after playing a few hours should not be allowed in this time and age...

worthless game
  82. Dec 6, 2011
    I hesitate to give the game a zero, but I feel it's the only way to help make our frustrated voices heard. The game is broken and should have never been released on the PS3. My brother owns the xbox 360 version, and with nearly the same amount of hours played, it runs amazingly better than mine. I have long load/save times, intense framerate drops, and constant freezes. For the first bunchI hesitate to give the game a zero, but I feel it's the only way to help make our frustrated voices heard. The game is broken and should have never been released on the PS3. My brother owns the xbox 360 version, and with nearly the same amount of hours played, it runs amazingly better than mine. I have long load/save times, intense framerate drops, and constant freezes. For the first bunch of hours I played, the game was fantastic, but if a game is ultimately broken, I fail to see reason to award it any points. Expand
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    I Love This Game!!! iam so turned on by it!!!
    I wanna make love to it!!! I wanna make baby's with it!
    I wanna worship it!! I wanna scream at it!!!!

Michel
  84. Dec 5, 2011
    I just don't see how anyone could give this game on PS3 a 10 unless they aren't having any of the many issues I've had playing this game. It would be funny if the game hadn't been so expensive. By the time I reached level 40 and invested 150+ hours of gameplay, I couldn't finish 3 major side quests and I couldn't get past a certain point in the main quest, all because of glitches. II just don't see how anyone could give this game on PS3 a 10 unless they aren't having any of the many issues I've had playing this game. It would be funny if the game hadn't been so expensive. By the time I reached level 40 and invested 150+ hours of gameplay, I couldn't finish 3 major side quests and I couldn't get past a certain point in the main quest, all because of glitches. I understand that some of the issues I had with my original NPC was my fault (I explored the world and killed bad guys as I came across them, thus glitching future quests). If Bethesda has some souped-up super-modded PS3 is apparent because they either didn't produce any problems or they knowingly released a product that is crap on PS3.

I really want to give this game a high score, I do but if you only get about 40% way through the game and your progress has been halted because of quest glitches, whats the point in playing any further? And the patch they released? All I got out of it was backwards flying dragons that I couldn't catch or kill. Kinda ruins the game, ya know?
  85. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim is BROKEN on the PS3 - the game becomes unplayable after your save file passes a certain file size. Do not waste your money. Bethesda is aware of this and has refuse to fix it or even publicly acknowledge this game-breaking bug.
  86. Dec 6, 2011
    When you start the game you are gripped with the shear size of the world you can explore. The storyline is interesting, combat is fun, however the longer you play the worse the game preforms. I purchased at midnight, got into the game appx. 70 hrs, hit around 9mb for my save file size and I began to get stuttering frame speeds, "lag" if you will, which turned the game unplayable. AfterWhen you start the game you are gripped with the shear size of the world you can explore. The storyline is interesting, combat is fun, however the longer you play the worse the game preforms. I purchased at midnight, got into the game appx. 70 hrs, hit around 9mb for my save file size and I began to get stuttering frame speeds, "lag" if you will, which turned the game unplayable. After the patches, all the workarounds, reinstalling game data and the like the game continues to freeze and crash intermitently after a few minutes of play to a few hours, you never know when it'll happen. The game in a true case of what could have been, glorious start, marvelous ideas but poor follow through and the consumers are the ones stuck with a broken not even half finished product. Stay away from this game unless you are a glutton for punishment and enjoy wasting your time. Expand
  87. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken. All available evidence suggests that they won't even be attempting to fix the major framerate issue, as it has been a problem with all of their most recent games. Don't buy this.
  88. Dec 6, 2011
    The PS3 version is virtually unplayable after your save file reaches a certain size. Lag, huge frame rate drops, quest breaking glitches, game breaking glitches, and did I mention lag? And it's a shame, too. The game could be a masterpiece if it worked.
  89. Dec 6, 2011
    this is a potentially a great game but as of now this game is broken on the PS3, the game starts out good but as you get farther into and log more hours the game becomes slower and begins to lag, and all that time you invested was for nothing, as of now this game is broken!
  90. Dec 6, 2011
    Having played both Xbox 360 (92 hours), and PS3 (48 hours) I can personally confirm that the lag issue is so extreme Skyrim is virtually unplayable. At first around the 40 hour mark it began as a stutter..then when I started killing a dragon on a mountain it began to lag a bit harder. Saved, restarted, seemed to help. Now logging back in, travelled to Riften..unable to walk in the townHaving played both Xbox 360 (92 hours), and PS3 (48 hours) I can personally confirm that the lag issue is so extreme Skyrim is virtually unplayable. At first around the 40 hour mark it began as a stutter..then when I started killing a dragon on a mountain it began to lag a bit harder. Saved, restarted, seemed to help. Now logging back in, travelled to Riften..unable to walk in the town without extreme slowdown. Only one ONE occasion did I ever have slow down on the 360 and i've doubled the play time and it hasn't happened again. It may, but right now it hasn't.

The game is broken and unplayable on PS3. I feel terribly sorry for PS3 owners who picked this up. Bethesda messed up. Zero score. No regrets.
  91. Dec 6, 2011
    What starts off as an epic adventure as advertised quickly becomes an exercise in patience as constant framerate drops and input lag plague the game a handful of hours into your play session. Unless you like playing the first 1/5 of every game and then restart, this is not for you.

It's unfortunate, but Bethesda gets a 2 for this as it stands now. Until patched, the game is unplayable.
  92. Dec 6, 2011
    What started as an amazing adventure turned into a nightmare after my save file exceeded 8MB. Donâ
  93. Dec 6, 2011
    Poteva essere un gioco stupendo...ma è afflitto da troppi problemi!! Sembra una versione beta: Lag esasperanti, bugs vari e hanno pure avuto il coraggio di rilasciare una patch che ha solamente creato ulteriori problemi! Non vi fidate dei voti delle recensioni della critica, ascoltate gli utenti. non buttate i vostri soldi!! Far uscire un gioco in queste condizioniPoteva essere un gioco stupendo...ma è afflitto da troppi problemi!! Sembra una versione beta: Lag esasperanti, bugs vari e hanno pure avuto il coraggio di rilasciare una patch che ha solamente creato ulteriori problemi! Non vi fidate dei voti delle recensioni della critica, ascoltate gli utenti. non buttate i vostri soldi!! Far uscire un gioco in queste condizioni è una presa in giro, una vera e propria TRUFFA! Expand
  94. Dec 6, 2011
    DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! the game is not fit for purpose, should never have been released in its current state Pre patch and now even worse post patch, The lag will escalte during your game play ultimately making the game un playable.

The main quests is bugged and chances are if it bugs out on you to bad you cant do a thing and so far neither has Bethesda. They refuse to acknowledge the extent of the lag issues still saying it only effects a few people. This game will corrupt your ps3 hard drive, crash your ps3, and freeze up forcing you to reboot the ps3. potentially causing further damage. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE.
  95. Dec 6, 2011
    This game consists of an excellent blu-ray,LAG,lag,bugs,freezes,lag,bugs,freezes and lag and lag,lag,lag,lag and lag.Did i tell you that skyrim has lag?LAG.DO NOT BUY THIS GAME
  96. Dec 6, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.DO NOT LISTEN TO LIES.LAG problems are still very serious,there conastt freezes after your save hits 6-10 MB and after that you cant continuw playing.This game deserves a 0 at the present state
  97. Dec 6, 2011
    DO NOT BUY! Game was released with too many issues to count. Can potentially cause corrupted data in hard-drives due to freezing and crashing, thus killing the PS3 system. Quests can NOT be completed due to dialogue not triggering. Framerate is the equivalent of a Powerpoint presentation.
  98. Dec 7, 2011
    Great game untill the lag and freezing kicks in. This game has put my PS3 in to recovering corrupt files mode several times a day. I won't let Skyrim anywhere near my PS3 untill it's fixed, if it's ever fixed...
  99. Dec 30, 2011
    Fantastic, really genuinely great, right up until the point when it comes unstuck and becomes unplayably bugged. Don't believe the "professional" reviews, which are all of the X360 build (excepting one single publication which gave the PS3 version 7/10). Wait for the patches that fix the game and then buy it used; you'll save yourself stress, time and money.
  100. Dec 8, 2011
    Fix all the bugs and lagging. Then we'll talk -__- i was so excited for this game to...dissapointing. I wish Bethesda actually realeased a half way decent game with a few bugs...but this. The game would probably be amazing aside from the never ending list of problems. Why release a game thats nowhere ready to be played?

1. This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]