6.5

1. Dec 9, 2011
    Curse you bethesda for making such an impossibly addicting and at the same time insufferable game! Believe me folks this game is bigger, better and more ambitious than any of the previous Elder Scrolls. And I happened to love all of them which is why it is very difficult for me to see one of my most beloved series almost reduced to this unplayable mess.. Sure some of the bugs are funny butCurse you bethesda for making such an impossibly addicting and at the same time insufferable game! Believe me folks this game is bigger, better and more ambitious than any of the previous Elder Scrolls. And I happened to love all of them which is why it is very difficult for me to see one of my most beloved series almost reduced to this unplayable mess.. Sure some of the bugs are funny but the 0 FPS when you're just happily trotting in the game world has definitely worn out its welcome. I mean c'mon, I can understand a game of this magnitude would have its share of quirks but literally playing a slideshow is no fun at all dude. I had 75+ hrs in w/ a 14mb save file and I have to restart the game roughly every hour just to play the game at a decent fps (10+ minutes of every hour mind you are also consumed by the loading screens). I'll give it a 1 though, simply because the Sanguine dremora prince quest is a riot but implore you good folks, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE PS3, at least not until they fix that horrible lag. Hmm.. I guess I can go back to playing Morrowind since it is still clearly the BEST in the series, heh I might even play oblivion again even though I hate those damned oblivion gates just so I can kill time waiting for bethesda to patch skyrim. Expand
  2. Dec 8, 2011
    A definite 'buy' If you want to amuse your friends with Dragons that fly spastically backwards, Weapon racks that fail to activate (oh hold on... that is Whiterun only... my Windhelm one activates and places the weapons 'through' the wall), Mannequins that have their assorted body parts that vanish when adding your armor for display, Book shelves that no longer activate to hold books andA definite 'buy' If you want to amuse your friends with Dragons that fly spastically backwards, Weapon racks that fail to activate (oh hold on... that is Whiterun only... my Windhelm one activates and places the weapons 'through' the wall), Mannequins that have their assorted body parts that vanish when adding your armor for display, Book shelves that no longer activate to hold books and of course my favorite... LAGGGGGGGGGGGG Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2011
    This game is broken. The developer is not making any attempt to patch it, well none that it is being up front about. Developer suggests that you should upgrade your hard drive! Hello, its a console game. Developer says keep hard drive space ...100gb and its still broken. Jerks around the crashes and glitches. To put this onto the market knowing that it is broken is daylight robbery. Shame on you.
  4. Dec 8, 2011
    PlayStation LifeStyle,PSFocus,XGN,3DJuegos,PSM3 Magazine UK,GamingXP,IGN,Playstation Universe are lying.DO NOT BUY SKYRIM.It's not worth it.It freezes and lags all the time.There is no tip,tricks or fixes.DO NOT BUY IT
  5. Dec 9, 2011
    I hope that the mere fact that your on metacritic shows that you like to know about the product before you buy it. Well, the negative reviews are just about spot on in my opinion. The game has so much potential, but its broken in its current state. And for those fanboys still giving it ten and calling the bad reviewers "trolls", have you been to Bethesdas forums for ps3? Have you seen ignsI hope that the mere fact that your on metacritic shows that you like to know about the product before you buy it. Well, the negative reviews are just about spot on in my opinion. The game has so much potential, but its broken in its current state. And for those fanboys still giving it ten and calling the bad reviewers "trolls", have you been to Bethesdas forums for ps3? Have you seen igns scathing article about the ps3 version? Maybe you are the trolls (or perhaps desperate Bethesda employees). Hi Todd and Pete. Expand
  6. Dec 9, 2011
    I strongly suggest you wait until the game of the year edition is out and hopefully by then they'll know exactly what's wrong with the PS3 version of Skyrim and how to fix it. The gameplay is great, but in it's current state it is unfortunately unplayable.

Sadly their strategy seems to be to rush a game to market, then frantically try and patch the issues while their customers QA it.
  7. Dec 9, 2011
    Game is broken, PS3 locks up during play even with auto saves turned off etc etc. Controller issues - randomly lose control. Freezes and stutters prevalent when save game gets above a certain size. If you enjoy having to reset your console go for it, otherwise avoid until confirmed fixed by others. Great concept, great frustration, great god, did they really release it in this state...
  8. Dec 9, 2011
    Game has become unplayable due to lag. Until it is fixed I'll shall be playing games from companies that have decent QA. Bethesda need to get their act together. Nothing more to be said.
  9. Dec 21, 2011
    Bethesda released beta software on the PS3. I'm amazed I can make my file saves grow by simply saving them over and over without doing anything in the game. They have serious memory leak issues. They need to use a tool like purify on their software to find the issue. After my file size grew to 7MB or more lag hits and now I'm seeing freezes forcing a PS3 reboot. I have turned offBethesda released beta software on the PS3. I'm amazed I can make my file saves grow by simply saving them over and over without doing anything in the game. They have serious memory leak issues. They need to use a tool like purify on their software to find the issue. After my file size grew to 7MB or more lag hits and now I'm seeing freezes forcing a PS3 reboot. I have turned off auto-save and still the problem persists. Its so bad that I even had freezes happen when I go to manually save my game state. Boy this is a fiasco. I guess I'll go back to another PS3 game that has no issues. Expand
  10. Dec 7, 2011
    Feel totally ripped off, trusted Bethesda after some buggy releases in the past but watching interviews I truly thought they had learnt their lesson... but no. Spent £130 on the collectors edition, managed to do most of the game but there was just no enjoyment, I was constantly worried that the game might crash or become so laggy it was unplayable so tried to rush as much as IFeel totally ripped off, trusted Bethesda after some buggy releases in the past but watching interviews I truly thought they had learnt their lesson... but no. Spent £130 on the collectors edition, managed to do most of the game but there was just no enjoyment, I was constantly worried that the game might crash or become so laggy it was unplayable so tried to rush as much as I could, after about 90 hours and a 13mb save file the game did become totally unplayable. I urge people not to buy Skyrim if they are on the fence, the problems with the game affect everyone eventually. Total rubbish Expand
  11. Dec 7, 2011
    I thought I was home free. I played the game for a good 40 hours, but then the lag started the slideshow. This game is not playable in its current state. Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves sell a game thats not fit for retail. They even say there isnt even a problem. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME no matter what anyone says-dont give in the the pretty comercials and the marketing hype,I thought I was home free. I played the game for a good 40 hours, but then the lag started the slideshow. This game is not playable in its current state. Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves sell a game thats not fit for retail. They even say there isnt even a problem. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME no matter what anyone says-dont give in the the pretty comercials and the marketing hype, that is the only thing bethesda is good at! Expand
  12. Jan 5, 2012
    This IS a very good game at heart, but the only reason I know that is because the PS3 version was so buggy and eventually near unplayable that it pretty much forced me to go out and buy the PC version. Whilst my laptop can't run the game at quite the graphics capable on the PS3, it was far more enjoyable because of the lack of frame drops and the game being unhelpful in that respect. ItThis IS a very good game at heart, but the only reason I know that is because the PS3 version was so buggy and eventually near unplayable that it pretty much forced me to go out and buy the PC version. Whilst my laptop can't run the game at quite the graphics capable on the PS3, it was far more enjoyable because of the lack of frame drops and the game being unhelpful in that respect. It really is a shame, because it is a spectacular game, and I loved every minute of it on the PC, but really I should have been able to play it on the PS3, the first copy I bought. This isn't trolling at all, but the game needs fixing BEFORE it ships, Bethesda. I know a few copies mean nothing, but the issues with my game have been so severe that I've recommended that people should not buy this game on the PS3 in various stores I've been in, and they've all either said they'll wait to buy it preowned as a result or just haven't got it if they couldn't purchase it on another console (Not everyone has the privilege of owning a PC, 360 and PS3) So, the score of 1 remains until this garbage is patched. I really recommend buying the game, but not the PS3 version at present. Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2011
    The most broken game ive ever seen on a ps3. This has the potential to be a great game but its so riddled with game breaking bugs and terrible performance. My minimum requirement for game is that it should be at least playable until the end regardless of small issues along the way. If you are considering buying this game please go to bethesda skyrim forums first and just see the pain whichThe most broken game ive ever seen on a ps3. This has the potential to be a great game but its so riddled with game breaking bugs and terrible performance. My minimum requirement for game is that it should be at least playable until the end regardless of small issues along the way. If you are considering buying this game please go to bethesda skyrim forums first and just see the pain which your are about to embark in. Very very poor. Expand
  14. Dec 9, 2011
    Would be decent without the damn lag bug, really, just fix it. It can't be that difficult. I'm not even really that far into the game either. I would give it a 9/10 if it were fixed but this is just annoying.
  15. Dec 8, 2011
    Game froze up after about an hour of playing and it only gets worse as if i try to re log into it. to sum it up this game is busted beyond fixing. Going to take it back as soon as i can
  16. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is horribly buggy on the PS3; basically unplayable after investing some time into it. The recent patches did NOTHING to solve it. I wanted to like this game. I really did. It's beautiful to look at, for awhile. Then it just becomes a crashing, locking-up nightmare. Ugh.
  17. Dec 8, 2011
    I like Bethesda Games, I know they create huge,large games full of many things to do. I know there will always be some bugs. Minor, major, or game breaking. I have played Elder Scrolls starting on the Xbox Original with Morrowind. Then played Oblivion on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Fallout on Xbox 360 and again Playstation 3.

But .. this time for some of my own reasons. I decided to

But .. this time for some of my own reasons. I decided to try it on the Playstation 3 first. So far it has been great. *5MB Save* But i am sad to hear many gamers experiencing such bugs that freeze the game completely. I know one thing for sure. This will happen to me one of this days, but this a completely new bug that is trouble to the system and gamer. What i don't get is why Bethesda is taking so much time to fix this problem. It's like they are ignoring the bug. So for this i have lost trust and support for them. For now. I would completely not recommend getting this on the PS3. Best option would either wait for some miracle. Or .. just ge the 360 or PC version. Thank you.
  18. Dec 8, 2011
    Wait till the Ps3 version is fixed, or get a different version. I love this game, I think it's freaking awesome, but I just can't put up with all the frustration of the constant freezing, framerate drops, bugged quests, etc...

I have friends with the Xbox version and none of them have had anywhere near the amount of problems I've had with the Ps3 version.
  19. Dec 8, 2011
    This is arguably the best game of the year in Artistic Production and imagination in content. Regretfully, the PS3 version turns unplayable after a while. The freezing problem is a game breaker. Some other bugs are important but the freezing and frame rate drop turns the experience unbearable.
  20. Dec 8, 2011
    I'll get about 32$ for a 60$ game at Microplay, in exchange of another game, After that they cry when poeple hack the PC version. Us fellow PS3 user we get what, an unfinished game.
  21. Dec 8, 2011
    Fantastic game; terrible stability. I recommend avoiding the PS3 version until Bethesda fixes the issue with the unplayable lag that's seemingly plaguing many PS3 users, including me, after the 60 hour mark. I would love to give this game a perfect score, but I just can't recommend this to anyone as of now, especially when Bethesda does not seem to be actively and clearly notifying itsFantastic game; terrible stability. I recommend avoiding the PS3 version until Bethesda fixes the issue with the unplayable lag that's seemingly plaguing many PS3 users, including me, after the 60 hour mark. I would love to give this game a perfect score, but I just can't recommend this to anyone as of now, especially when Bethesda does not seem to be actively and clearly notifying its customers that they will fix the problem on the PS3. Until then, this is warning to all potential buyers of the PS3 version of Skyrim to avoid buying this game until they fix the lag. Expand
  22. Dec 8, 2011
    Do not buy this version of the game. The game is completely unplayable after 60 hours or 8mbps save file. The lag is unbearable and I am disappointed at the developers. I will be returning this game and getting it for my box. My buddy has 120 hours on the xbox and it is just fine. Awful! Thank you Bethesda.
  23. Dec 9, 2011
    When the lag starts you better return your copy.It's unplayable.Bethesda doesn't hear or care for us.DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.It's not the bugs,nor the glitches,mamoth lag can ruin your enjoyement and your ps3,after your save file hits a certain MB extent.There will be no fix,nor any further improvement just DLC.
  24. Dec 9, 2011
    Do not buy this version of the game. The game is completely unplayable after 60 hours or 8mbps save file. The lag is unbearable and I am disappointed at the developers. I will be returning this game.SKYRIM PS3 VERSION IS BROKEN
  25. Dec 9, 2011
    this game is an unplayable pile of bugs and lag, bethesda stole our money. they knew it had a problem and they did nothing about it at all. dont waste your money, it will be cash down the toilet
  26. Dec 18, 2011
    PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda until they start releasing products that are done.This game is awful,it lags a lot and freezes after some hour of playing.Quests are borken too,but that's not the problem,the game is unplayable even if you just do free roaming...
  27. Dec 18, 2011
    Skyrim had the potential to be the game of the decade but not any more.I have to mention that still after three patches there are many problems.After my save game data reach 7 MB, the game have become so laggy that it's still after 3 patches unplayable.This game is broken...
  28. Dec 22, 2011
    Runs fine at first, but then turns into a stuttering slide-show mess complete with random freezes. And this is on top of the hundreds of broken quests that leave you angry enough to go on the internet and complain.
  29. Dec 7, 2011
    I gave this game 1 /10 cause it was supposed to be a 9/10 or a 10/10 if it wasn't crippled wit bug and lag when playing at a high level. We now know why bethesda did not ship any ps3 version to the testers, because the game is broken. Such a shame, If I would have known I might have bought it on PC, very very disapointed by Bethesda on the PS3 version....
  30. Dec 8, 2011
    Skyrim has the promise to be the best game of 2011, BUT!! the game on ps3 has been realeased with so many game breaker bugs its unplayable, worst of all most of the problems don't present untill you have invest alot of time and love into you character and game world leaving you with a feeling you have just been robbed, i would have waited for a working game and lavished the love itSkyrim has the promise to be the best game of 2011, BUT!! the game on ps3 has been realeased with so many game breaker bugs its unplayable, worst of all most of the problems don't present untill you have invest alot of time and love into you character and game world leaving you with a feeling you have just been robbed, i would have waited for a working game and lavished the love it deserved instead i'm left wondering if i'll ever see the end of this title or want to Expand

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]