8.5

1. Sep 26, 2014
    2nd pass. ICO: 9/10. SotC: 7/10. Of the two, I enjoyed ICO a lot more. Puzzles were lucid, gameplay was enjoyable, next to no troublesome mechanics or anything to annoy the player, near-perfect. Though I prefer the aesthetic of SotC, I found it repetitive and frustrating, mostly due to the horrendous camera and the troublesome controls, which a lot of the time were greater foes than the colossi themselves. Poetic and artful, beautiful, even, but not a great game. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2014
    The HD updates are done perfectly. The convincing colossi look as though created for PS3, and the trophies add meaningful challenge and invite for a deeper exploration of the games. The box-art can be turned inside-out revealing all-page artwork for ICO (front) and SotC (back). The extras are not remarkable. A few themes that look PS2-y and a few video clips that take up much HDD space, and you can find on Youtube.

As for the games, how much bland gameplay are you willing to sit through for the unique, sublime peaks of these two games? I'm talking about the mediocre combat and the less exciting puzzles in Ico, as well as the transportation and more awkward climbing moments in SotC. The peaks show unique qualities. The beautifully simple logical coherence of Ico, and the impressively grand and inventive fights of SotC. They would be even better if the player had a chance to work in different ways towards a solution. But the games are designed to be solved linearly, with every next step lying more or less obviously before the player. Plot is not the focus of these games, but they both end with generously well told cutscenes.

Each game clocks in at less than 10 hours (ICO only 7-8 hours), so in full, they don't feel like quantitatively more value than any regular 'big' PS3 release. However, when these games work, they are uniquely atmospheric, lyrical and mythical. They are as far from the FPS/sports segment as you can come on the PS3, and in bursts they revive your faith that video games can express a sense of otherwordly magic.
  3. Oct 7, 2011
    I've played these gems back in their times and I honestly thought my mind was not going to be blown again by these remakes. I was completely wrong. I cried the same tears of before during a very specific scene in Shadow of the Colossus (I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about). These games don't deserve our mundane shelves. They should be in museums.
  4. Oct 14, 2011
    Even though these two games are the only games Team Ico has made for the last ten years, I consider Team Ico one of Sony's most dangerous assets in video gaming. These two games alone are one of my greatest gaming experiences and I am grateful that they are re-imagined in HD. ICO, while now I did find it a bit slow and the controls really awkward and took time getting used to, the build up and emotional depth of the story is just as fantastic as it was ten years ago and Shadow of the Colossus' minimal concept of just fighting giant colossus is still breathtakingly awesome. If you have missed out on these PS2 classics, I suggest getting this on the PS3 while you still have the chance and hope that Team Ico's next release, The Last Guardian, will be released as soon as you wished. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    Un juego que busca innovar y que con una buena base e ideas implementa algo novedoso. Pero la cosa no salió muy bien, la verdad se vuelve algo repetitivo, aburrido y no engancha mucho...igualmente hubiera sido un gran juego de enganchar mas y no ser tan lento...solo lo recomiendo a los que le gustaron el juego, para los amantes de tipo puzzles, pero para los demás no, no me gusto el juego y eso que al principio me agrado la idea, pero se quedó en un quiero y no puedo... Expand
  6. Apr 22, 2014
    The HD hasn't made ICO or Shadow of the Colossus appear any newer, however, when it comes to Team ICO, age doesn't exist. The classics that helped capture the PS2 era and visualize it, in case you missed them, ICO and Colossus give gamers -- casual and traditional -- the opportunity to mine into their dazzling beauty and simplicity. And despite the demographic maybe missing your average action/adventure audience on a more rewarding scale, there's no denying the impact they'll leave during your experience.

Pros? The HD helps introduce ICO and Colossus to the newer era, whilst retaining all the glory experienced during their debuts, respectively; cleaner, crisper pixels; widescreen; breathtakingly beautiful visuals, especially the Colossi sequences during Colossus; excellent -- and eerie -- sound design, specifically the whistling winds while exploring the dungeons in ICO and the vast expanses in Colossus; simple, yet emotionally involving concepts; excellent trophy system; great value.

Cons? The camera and controls in Colossus are annoying at first glance; ICO and Colossus share a minimalist concept that might seem sketchy to some players.
  7. Oct 11, 2011
    When i first started playing Ico all i could think was "Hello am i missing something here?" It just felt so dated and i'm not just talking about the graphics. The controls are terrible and the camera atrocious but i persevered anyway as i figured there's got to be something here that justifies the fanatical cult following it has. But no, hours of gameplay in and still nothing much exciting happens. Ther's no great innovation or surprise to the level design; You just explore the dull castle until you stumble across one of it's simplistic, unimaginative puzzles or another shadow monster to fight and that's it. I'll admit it's not a completely awful game and the main premise of having to protect another character is a good one but really thats all it has going for it. Ther's simply no way this deserves all the 10's it's been getting. All i can think of is that these people have been blinded to the games shortcoming by nostalgia. Oh,and i know the fanboys will mark me down as unhelpful but don't assume i'm someone who only likes games with big explosions or that i don't get slow moving or deep games because my collection is full of games like Portal, Fallout 3 and Limbo.
    To be honest i havn't played SOTC yet and, you know, i probably never will because Ico has pissed me off so much! I could have bought Dark Souls or Arkham City instead of this!
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    When I first played ICO back then, I felt like the enemy encounters were too many, disturbing the rather calm and lost feel this game has. You still have to get the hang of the combat and it's mechanics. Even though it's not that difficult, really, I did have a hard time with them which resulted in some frustration. These enemies always come in packs and they take a lot of hits, so each encounter can drag on pretty much. That didn't prevent me from absolutely loving the game and when you replay it, you will be better and also know when you can run instead of fight, but personally, I think it would have been a good decision to have less enemies o rather, less encounters on the first run and let the game be the way it is now on a "New Game +".

For the actual game, you could check reviews for the PS2 version, nothing has changed (from PAL).

One thing I would like to point out is that unlike a lot of other games, the puzzles are purely environmental, which is neither good, nor bad in itself, but they do feel very "organic and natural", while in many other games, they feel forced and out of place, basically just there to stop you in your tracks. In this game the environment does not contain puzzles, the environment IS the puzzle. It is also really nice how interwoven the castle is with itself. You will come onto a balcony and look down, seeing a courtyard you had been to an hour or re-enter a hall form a different entry and moments like these help creating the feeling you're really exploring this world instead of just running down a hallway.

The second important aspect, of course, is Yorda. A lot of the puzzles are about finding ways for her to proceed through the castle as she cannot jump down or climb as high as Ico can. The charm of this game in parts is also about feeling a sort of relationship to this girl, so if you absolutely hate NPC escorting, this game is not for you because it's "the mother of all escort missions". But if you are willing to let it happen, the whole holding her hand literally and pictorially works and you will relate to her even without many dialogue. (There's very little to begin with and on top of it, the first time you play it, Yorda's artificial language is not being subtitled in readable letters.)

Technically, the game looked very nice on the PS2 already and the HD update really makes it shine, but of course, you can still see it's a PS2 game, don't be unrealistic. There are only few moments with music and the rest is birds chirping, wind howling and background noises humming, all of which creates a lonely and melancholic feeling some will love and some will call boring. 10/10

Now I absolutely loved SOTC on PS2. It was unique and pretty. You ride through this forsaken, very varied land and it never gets boring. There's not much too do other than sink yourself into the atmosphere. Yes, you can collect fruits and lizard tails, but that's not why you play the game. As with ICO, there's no music while exploring, but during the boss fights and in cutscenes, there is and it's phenomenal in itself an in how it really fits perfectly to the individual battles. One flaw to point out is that the transition from one version to the more brisk version of a theme once you climbed a colossus can be very clumsy and bumpy, but you'll be too busy to notice it often.

I won't get too much into details as you could always check the older reviews, but instead say a little about the HD remake. First off, nothing has changed besides the graphics. To make it short, it looks phenomenal. You'll realize this even more if you pop in the original game and compare. Wow, just wow.

So with this collection in hand, why did I go back to play the PS 2 version? To compare one thing I wanted to be sure about before I complain and that's that they made Wanda much more susceptible to the colossi's shaking. Even when they just walk, he will lose his grip or stand every whipstitch. It IS different from the original game where he was more sturdy and that change is not for the better as it can become extremely irritating and will base things more on luck and chance than is good for the game. While it's not too much of an issue in story mode, it turns some of the time trials into a bad joke, especially on Hard difficulty. Now it can still be done and the hardcore cracks will high-horsedly tell you it's even better that way, but it's not. Difficulty is okay, luck and tedium are not. 7/10, sadly.

Extras: Extremely disappointing. No interesting or even new footage or insights, mostly some devs praising the games like they cure cancer. Last Guardian? Forget it, just some snippets of years old trailers. On top of it, that garbage has to be downloaded from the PSN store. 0/10

Now I have a hard time giving an overall score. The few disappointments way heavy for me, but objectively, they're not THAT bad. 8/10
  9. Oct 3, 2011
    ICO in my opinion is boring. You explore a mostly empty castle the entire game, while there are occasionally some breathtaking views outdoors the game never truly managed to capture me in its atmosphere, which is all the game has going for it. The combat and platforming are very weak and the puzzles are either too simple or too obtuse, there is no medium. I used the word obtuse because the game fails to teach the player what is and is not possible, for example, swinging, the game never tells you how to swing and the controls are not intuitive enough to learn on your own, so I never knew that was an option until I read it in a FAQ, these instances sound silly, but they infuriate me because I attribute them to poor design.

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS is a masterfully crafted adventure with, unfortunately, little to no replay value. I loved the game when I first played it on PS2 and I highly recommend anyone that has yet to experience this game to give it a try. The reason I cite the games lack of replay value is because the games allure was due to the wonder of seeing each colossus for the first time and discovering (on your own) how to defeat each one, when you replay the game a second time that allure is lost. Naturally the game will never live up to that first experience but the gameplay elements itself, while adequate, aren't enough to make me want to play through the game again. It's a game best played once and remembered for its greatness and uniqueness.
  10. Oct 11, 2011
    Great collection of games! I will keep it short. This franchise of games reminds me of Zelda. To me this is this generations Zelda (I know Zelda is still currently in production). You get a great value for you money with two top rated games. Explore this wonderful world and enjoy a rebirth of 2 PS2 games on the PS3. Scores: Game play 5/5, sound 5/5, graphics 5/5, fun factor 4/5, replay value 4/5.
  11. Oct 8, 2011
    These games are an excellent example of where art combines with console gaming. Both games have the look of De Chirico and Dali in their artwork, and there is an existential depth to the story that goes beyond the usual gaming fare . In Ico the initial abandonment and ultimate friendship of the two characters is achingly beautiful, capturing the essence of childlike innocence and at its heart this is the reason Ico has such a resonance.
    Don't expect to be meeting or talking to other characters, because they are notable by their absence. Sound of wind, running water and birdsong are the predominant sounds that accompany Ico in his adventures, making this a haunting ,moving experience.
    These are not state- of -the -art -next -gen -graphics to be sure, but Shadow of the Colossus still looks gorgeous and the originality of the game-play has enough to keep you interested. With its remastered HD makeover, ( when are we going to get 1080 HD as standard on PS3 games! ) this collection is well worth the purchase price even if you have played it before on Ps2.
    There are some problems however with camera points of view and counter intuitive controls that can make both games frustrating and episodic rather than flowing but this does little to detract from an innovative, beautiful gaming experience.
    Strongly recommended
  12. Aug 26, 2013
    Casual gamer, but ICO was beautiful to say the least. Very innovative for the time and the scenery was just epic. Japan, I bow to your creative brilliance. Next, on to Colossus.
  13. Jul 8, 2013
    SOTC I never played this on the PS2, but judging it as it is, it's a big disappointment. The controls are terrible, and the graphics are just OK I can imagine that it looked good in its day, but time has moved on! There are much better looking and playing games out there.
    ICO sorry, just not for me the continual bleating from girl just got on my nerves. I made it about 30 minutes
    in before turning it off through sheer irritation. Expand
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    Honestly, as someone who had never played either one of these games before, I was legitimately excited to play, at the very least, Shadow of the Colossus. Unfortunately, I found myself extremely bored after the first 30 minutes of the game----I will give it one thing though, they did a great job restoring it, so if you liked the game on PS2 then you probably will still like it today.
  15. Oct 8, 2011
    What can you say about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus? How one can describe these magnificent piece of art? You cant really, you need to experience these games yourself. Both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus proves that games can be more then just simple action games with pretty graphics or anime spirited goofy roleplaying games. Games can be deep, emotional and something that stays with you for rest of your life. Expand
  16. Sep 28, 2011
    By the way I haven't even bothered to play ICO yet. So my score is based on Shadows OT Colossus. I'm not trying to trump ip the score scoring twice.
  17. Aug 15, 2012
    This package includes 2 wonderful games in one. One of the best thing about these games is how different the two of them are. ICO is more of a puzzle platformer game while Shadow of the Colossus features very few puzzles and is instead almost entirely based on boss battles. However, both games manage to totally immerse the player.

It takes a bit of an artistic eye to really appreciate
    how great these games really are. The stories are very good and deep, although on the surface there really isn't a whole lot there. If you're able to look into the game it becomes so much more deep.

2 beautiful and great games in one package. The added HD brings a little bit to the table, but not a whole lot. Still, a very worthwhile package.
  18. Apr 10, 2013
    Wow. This game is bad. I have no idea what all the fuss was about. I tried to play it twice once on the PS2 and once again on the PS3 when the collection came out. There is nothing interesting going on here you ride a horse and climb on top of a couple of big monsters. I think i would have more fun watching someone play a bass masters fishing simulator.

I never played ICO because of how
    bad shadow of the colossus is. I was so disappointed after all the buildup and hype. I have never been as disappointed in a video game as this one. Expand
  19. Oct 7, 2011
    ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are two games unlike any other. They require you to think, feel and are not afraid to test you both physically and emotionally. In ICO, you control an imprisoned young boy (that's Ico) who finds a mysterious girl who speaks an strange language (thus, it's not translated for the player), Yorda, and decides to escape the shadowy castle that confines them. Yes, for most of the game, you'll have to escort a completely helpless companion but the game does a wonderful job of making you feel connected to Yorda... the way you hold her hand to guide her, the way Ico helps her up from a high cliff, her body language to signify hesitation or pain, the way she gasps when Ico falls & hurts himself are just some examples of how emotional attachment is created between you (as Ico) and Yorda. You're basically thrown into the game and are given no tips or advice, only subtle clues on how to complete the masterfully designed puzzles. In Shadow of the Colossus, you'll have to fight 16 colossi in order to revive your lost love. You have to travel a vast land on your horse, find each colossi and kill it. Of course, killing a colossi isn't simple and each one is a puzzle in and of itself. Both games look fantastic in HD (though Shadow does suffer from some texture pop-in) and have amazing soundtracks. The controls are a bit rough and the character animation/movement might feel outdated but consider that they were made to move as realistically as possible using the PS2 hardware. Overall, you're getting two magnificent games for $40 and the additional game content for ICO (minor changes to puzzles, secret ending from PAL version, New Game+ co-op play and translation for Yorda's dialogue), 2 dynamic themes and bonus videos all make it a fantastic value. If you have some patience and can open up your mind, these two games will forever change your perception on video games. Collapse
  20. Feb 13, 2013
    Two masterpieces on one disk in HD it's just amazing! If you do not play on PS2 can not skip, and if the game is able to do it on the big screen with the best texture a great reason to buy.
  21. Nov 4, 2011
    This remastered version of the beloved game ICO and Shadow of the Colossus truly brings back memories playing these fantastic games on the PS2. Both of these games are emotional and artistic masterpieces and this gets me pumped for Last Guardian. If you like platformers or games with huge boss fights get this games right now.
  22. Nov 8, 2012
    If you havent played either of these games, then this is a must buy. These games are a calling card to modern games about how to give the player motivation in their goals, without shoving it in your face. When people reviewed the game Journey, they mention that it reminds them quite a bit of Ico, due to its vast environments, great soundtrack(note though that most of the game is filled with the sound of empty castle winds, yet when the music does play its great), and gameplay based on pure empathy. Granted, its easier to want to help a complete stranger when they're of the opposite gender and its literally defenseless, but its still empathy none the less. Ico is all about atmosphere, environments, motivation for the player, and subtle story telling. As far as SOTC goes, I shouldn't need to explain why you need to get it. You roam a distant far off land fighting giant stone monsters with just a sword and a bow, that's all you need. Not only that, but its also got an immensely good soundtrack, even better subtle storytelling, and graphics that were literally bogged down by the limitation of the ps2. The HD conversion is done brilliantly for both games, however Ico has aged more noticeably, as seen in textures that, while cleaned up, still look muddy. There are 2 reasons this game doesn't get a 10. 1st is control gripes, such as Ico being clunky at times, or Yorda, the princess, being fickle. The other is that you cannot switch between the 2 games, you have to pick one, then if you want to switch, you have to quit out to the XMB. Overall, a great collection that cant be missed. Expand
  23. Jul 21, 2012
    ICO was decidedly average for me, worth trying perhaps but nothing more.

SOTC was certainly the better game, but is quite a poor quality HD port.

Other than nostalgic purposes there's nothing stand out here, 2 good decent games different to what you can buy today, but both dated both dated in terms of controls, gameplay and graphics (even after the HD "upscale")
  24. Nov 6, 2011
    What is better than a masterpiece? That's right TWO. Although I prefer Shadow of the Colossus more then Ico this collection is one of the best I've seen in years.
  25. Oct 3, 2011
    Two old games with controls that have NOT converted well to the PS3 , I don't see why they could of cost around £5 each on PSN instead of the £25 plus they are charging,. not good value at all.....................
  26. Nov 8, 2011
    One of the Best games of all time comes to the PS3 remastered in full HD. The game looks Beautiful, the soundtrack is the one of the best IF not the best soundtrack of all time. Both games have a unique charm that most games lack. Do not pass out on this game, you will regret it!
  27. May 26, 2012
    Two amazing games. Ico is much harder to get into compared to it's twin brother Shadow of The Colossus, but both games are worth a shot if you have an open mind to something different.
  28. May 23, 2013
    One of the best experiences I've been through in gaming. So why the 8? The controls and camera are very poor, but if you are persistent, you will get used to them and beat the game.

Great boss fights, environment, and soundtrack. It would get a 10 if it weren't for the physics problems on cliffs and the colossi.
  29. Sep 7, 2013
    These classic games are from a time when graphics were not great and controls were clunky as hell. Of course this is a comparison with current generation games. I may have enjoyed this collection more if the games had been remade rather than re-released.
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    Ico was boring so I turned it off after about an hour. I got towards the end of Shadow of the Collosus. Shadow is such a great concept...too bad it's executed poorly. The controls are immeasurable to wear it's hard to look around and the horse is just a mess to deal with. The camera freaks out nonstop so that I can't see anything. If you get knocked down in the game by an enemy then you cannot ever get back up before he hits you again. The nicest thing I can say about this gay is that it sucks. I will never play a Team ICO game again. Expand
  31. Jan 13, 2014
    I'm not sure why, but neither delivered quite what I was hoping for. ICO: Pros: Nice design choices, solid ending and passable controls. Cons:Frustrating/boring puzzles and combat, not amazing story, little emotion felt for characters and bad AI. Overall: 4 SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS: Pros: Interesting premise, huge boss fights, satisfying gameplay Cons: Slightly drags on with a few obscure solutions to the fights, quite over the top ending.
    Overall: 7

In theory, I could have chosen a score of either 5 or 6, yet I chose six as Ico really did show some flashes of excellence and Shadow delivered on quite a few occasions. These two games just did not pack the emotional punch I was lead to believe. And I know people will read these review and be disgusted and think that I am some mainstream gamer whose only needs in a game are bullets to be constantly sprayed but the truth is I loathe many of those games and rarely play them unless they have something interesting to say. I just don't think these games lived up to the hype
  32. Sep 15, 2014
    A nostalgic return to two of the most beautiful games ever made, proof that games can be a form of interactive art with such a broad use of emotions often through the most simple of means. This is definitely a game for the generation adores something deeper, something more immersive, not the simple game/CoD generation who need everything handed to them on a plate with lush "grafficks".

With the HD sheen the graphics do look improved, both games also make a brilliant use of extreme lighting to really set a dark atmosphere with piercing light coming in from outside. Ico depends more on the emotion, the urge to protect thus the gameplay has a lot of co-op style mechanics whilst SotC is a more wide open adventure with character stat growth and progression through eating fruit and lizard tails.

Personally I didn't experience the same problems with the camera, since you simply press the position reset button and regained control of it, I actually found the disorientation felt more realistic either way when you were tossed to the ground by one of the colossi.

Ico's controls are simple with SotC adding more mechanics due to the variety of colossi and the need to climb, jump and stab.

The soundtrack on both games is also immense, especially on SotC with the music changing depending on the stage of the battle, it had the knack of making you feel you really were facing a towering fiend.

A very unique set of games where you really do get the feeling they were trying for something different in an experience unlike companies who pump out the same games over and over with a lack of originality... yet they get brilliant reviews and sell by the bag load.
  33. Oct 2, 2011
    When the game Shadow of the Colossus came out I never bought the game, but I played the demo. By just playing the demo I was blown away by how amazing it was. I never bought the game though (I do not even know why myself). Right after shadow of the Colossus came out people were mentioning about the game ICO that was from the same developers of SotC. I never got around to playing the game ICO. Finally after 6 to 10 years both games have been released on the PS3 as a collection. So I made sure I went out and bought the games and I am not disappointed.
    ICO is a game about a boy with horn born in some village and appearently the village uses kids who are born with horn as sacrifices to keep the village safe. The boy is taken to a temple and put in a stone tomb. When the boy is trying to get out there is a little bit of shaking and the tomb comes loose releasing the boy. Soon after the boy finds a girl and tries to escape the temple with the girl. Playing ICO feels different than most games. The flow of the game is very slow and quite, which might turn of players that get bored easily. The relationship between the boy and girl is very heart warming and helps make the game engrossing. The soundtrack to the game is also a very strong point of the game intense at times and calm in others and also creepy when it needs to be. Shadow of the Colossus is the other game in the collection. The story to SotC is a young man's girlfriend is dead so he takes her into the forbidden land, which legend has it can bring people back to life. When the man gets to a temple and lays the body on the alter a spirit tells the man that he must kill 16 Colossi that roam the land in order to bring the woman back to life. The battles in SotC are intense, but also very fun. Using your sword on the game you will climb the colossi and find their weak spots. The colossi are huge some are almost the size of skyscrapers. When you enter a battle the music becomes intense. I love the music on this game, it has a feel to it that is rare in most soundtracks. When the player defeats a colossus, you actually start to feel sorry for the colossi. You do not know if the colossi are good or bad. Most do not even attack you on site. So you actually start to question the acts you are commiting. The colossi are the only creature on the game that you fight. So much of the time you are traveling to the next colossus. It takes a while and it is very quite, but the land is amazing to look at. It is truly art. I am a believer that video games can be art. If you thought about playing these game, but never bought them on their release now is the time to play them.
  34. Sep 5, 2013
    I really can't enjoy this game, Ico looks dated but with a simple and good gameplay while Shadow of Colossus looks yet good visualy but the gameplay feel horrible and i really tried to enjoy this because everyone calls a "masterpiece", but even considering me a player i didn't like...
  35. Mar 19, 2012
    I absolutely loved ICO. The game isn't very challenging, unfortunately, but I loved the artistic design. I absolutely loved the enigmatic castle experience. I also love that these games don't try to hold your hand like the current era of retard-proof games. I'm playing through Shadow of the Colossus right now, and I'd say that it's difficulty is mildly higher than ICO. The game also seems more focused on the art than the gameplay, but I do enjoy it immensely. The world is beautiful. Also it's not that both games have terrible gameplay, the gameplay is simplisitic but engaging. There are no explosions, so if you like Micahel Bay films stick with the next Call of Duty and stay away. If you were a fan of the original Silent Hill games, Fatal Frame, Bomberman, or anything involving puzzles, you're bound to enjoy these two games. Enjoy! Expand
  36. Mar 22, 2012
    Only reason I am typing review is because stupid metacritic would not let me just give the game a score.
    I wish metacritic had a score so I can score it right for it's lagging service.
    I wanted to give the collection a 10 because it deserves it. Those games took me places and made me feel things no other games did. In ICO, responsibility and care I felt for the girl was awesome, and in
    Shadow of colossus it was a conflict between fight for bringing the loved one back to life and having to slay those great beasts in order to do so.
    Both games are true masterpieces of the game design supported by awesome and appropriate visuals and manage to get the player emotionally involved much better than most of the rest.
    Looking forward to the next one.
  37. Sep 27, 2011
    I had previously played Ico, but never picked up shadow of the colossus. I had a lot of people tell me shadow of the colossus was a must play so I picked it up. Both of these games are excellent and well worth 20 dollars a piece(since it is 2 games in the bundle.) The graphics on Ico are quite a bit better than before and shadow of the colossus is a beautiful game as well. I can stop playing it
  38. Dec 6, 2011
    I really dislike the idea of game companies releasing old games for a few bucks. However, I had not played the originals of these games so ya, i purchased this. These games are unique and have nostalgia but that does not serve as a reason for a high score. The games are pleasant and intriguing enough to the point that I give it an above average score. I refuse to jump on the band wagon and accept these games today deserve anything more than a 6. These should have been remade from the ground up and a continuation of the originals. Expand
  39. Sep 27, 2011
    2 of the most underated and best games ever made for price of 1, if your a long time fan of team ico's work or even if you missed out on these hidden gems id highly recommend you pick this collectoion edition up.

The games are more of an experiance than a game, the animation, lighting, gameplay, charectors and asthetic design all culminate to create an atmospheric and beutiful adventure.

ICO is about a young boy who must escape a strange land with a mysterious girl who is held captive by strange shodowy creatures, you must work together to solve puzzles, escape enemies and traps, defeat monsters and ultimately win your freedom, truely one of the most beutiful and atmospheric games out there on any generation of console, this game deserves to sit proudly amongst your collection.

Shadow of the Collosus is the sequal to ICO, your charector has grown into a young man and travels to a forbiden land to seek the aid of a demon to save the life of your mysterious companion from the previous adventure. Whilst the game keeps the sthetic qualitys of the origional it has vastly differant gameplay, for a start it is an open world sandbox adventure, your main task is to destroy huge giants, there are no minions to fight, only the hugely intimidating creatures which the game has you clambering up like some sort of animated structure, theryre made of part stone part flesh and each colossus has its own individual way of defeating it whether it be climbing up it back hair and gripping to it back for dear life plunging a sword into its weak spot, leaping fromyour stampeding stalion onto a giants wing and slowly working your way along its snake like body and 100 mph 10,000 ft in the air or even being tossed around on a giants beard as you desperately slash at its face with your sword, truely epic in every sense of the word, if you regard yourself as a serious gamer you owe it to yourself to experiance the adventures of a young boy named ico.
  40. Jan 5, 2012
    I'm bored of the games they publish nowadays. Skyrim, Batman, Gears, even Dark Souls slightly, have all been more or less disappointments for me. Year after year these so called AAA+ games repeat the same game mechanics and contain only minimalistic improvements with a bit more details than the last incarnation. We get the same games with a slightly more polished production value. So you can guess how eager I was to try out the re-released ICO & Shadow of the Colossus bundle. Not only because the great reviews they received back in the days, but the reviews combined with the promisingly different gaming experience. So, now I'm thinking it was either the hype that got to me or people are overly nostalgic. Because, boy was I disappointed (again) when I put the disc in... If I had to describe these two games with one word, it would be "boring". Another would be "artistic". I felt no suspense, excitement, challenge or plain old fun when playing either of these. Just... bored. SOTC seemed vastly hollow content-wise and ICO too easy and straight-forward. However, I think I understand why these games are held in so high esteem. They do have an enigmatic story going on, a distinct goal, and take place in a simplistic yet unique world. Now, if you're one of those persons who can forget the lack of degree in the gameplay and just let yourself immerse into the game world, this game's for you. Didn't work for me though, I put the box back into the shelf after playing for only two hours, and this kind of rejection hasn't happened to me for a very long time! Some might think that I've just lost my interest in games, but I'd have to disagree, even thought my taste has grown much more select. I highly suggest you try this out somewhere before buying it. Expand
  41. Oct 5, 2011
    alright. the graphics werent improved really. which is whta a collection hd thing is supposed to do. these games are really great but i dont think it really deseves a 91. maybe an 85. if the graphics were way improved then id sagree with the meta score
  42. May 7, 2012
    This is a very atmospheric game. Not really sure its everyone's cup of tea, but the visuals still impress today. The HD update hasn't really added much, but it's made it possible to enjoy all over again. Its all worth it for the ending that definitely is up there with the greats.
  43. Sep 9, 2013
    Excelente jogo na era Ps2 e agora remasterizado pra Ps3 Uma ótima jogabilidade e a movimentação a trilha sonora também recomendo. nada melhor de enfrentar gigantes
  44. Sep 27, 2011
    For those who missed out on these two amazing PS2 titles, now is the time to go and rectify that. This HD collection brings together Team Ico's flagship title 'Ico' along with it's cult hit 'Shadow of the Colossus' is a subtle yet expansive way.

The HD reworking of 'Ico' delivers to the United States features that were only included in the Europe and Japanese versions of the title,
    including a secret ending, 2-player mode, and several Easter Eggs. The game has been cleaned up and the frame-rate is solid.

'Shadow of the Colossus' might be the best reason to pick up this HD collection. The best inclusion is the locked 30 frames per second. In the original PS2 version of the game, the frame-rate dropping was the biggest issues during the massive Colossi encounters. Now that it has been fixed, the game looks amazing during the games action scenes, and handles amazing.

As the game is 3D enabled, I had a chance to play an hour or so of each game with 3D on. While Ico doesn't feel much different with 3D on, Shadow of the Colossus increases the scope and size of the game world more than I though possible, especially while atop a giant boss with the threat of being thrown hundreds of feet to the ground.

Priced at $39.99, this collection should have a proud spot in any gamers PS3 collection. The HD doesn't make these games look brand new, but these timeless classics are aesthetically pleasing no matter what year it is.
  45. Dec 7, 2011
    The complete Package. When i first played these games back in 07 they were considered to be at or near the top of the gaming world. Ico was considered to be one of the best, and most innovative puzzle games ever made, and Shadow of the Colossus, was the best action packed, heart racing game to ever grace the ps2. Now steeping ahead more than 5 years it's interesting to see how these games stack up to modern games. I'm glad to say that this time around neither of these game's left me feeling disappointed, In fact together they manage to make this collection masterful. The first thing i would like to note is that these game's got the much needed face lift they deserve. Not only that, but there was a lot of work that went into making these games look the best they will ever look. Before and after i got done playing shadow of the colossus/ico i pop'ed in the original ps2 disk's just to check out the difference between them. And on a 46" flat screen, the difference was outstanding. The ps2 version's looked more like a high-mid end psp games, you can barley make out any of the textures or even some of the objects in the game, not to mention that Shadow of the colossus didn't even play at 30 fps. The remakes however look like they could be early, flat ps3 games. Not to say that the games look bad in any way, both of these games were made with the developers understanding the hardwhere they were working on, so both of them are more focused on aesthetic value rather than textures or high end models or environments. Even without the use of high end textures, effects, and animation these game look exactly like they were supposed to, and both have their own very unique look . At no point in Shadow of the Colossus, or Ico did i louse the sense of immersion, because of how the game's looked. The only gripes that i had with these game's is that the controls are not perfect. Now as i mentioned before i have played both of these game's before so when i got around to playing the collection i already knew exactly how to work each game. So the controls were only off putting for one of two brief moment's of either game, but i can defiantly see new players having issues with the camera, horse and climbing controls of these games. However even the greatest issues never ruined either game for very long, and don't diminish the over all experience of the games at all. The thing that makes these games shine however isn't the game play, or the graphics, these games gave birth to an entirely new way that game's could be looked at.One where the player experienced the story through the game play. When Fumito Ueda was creating Ico he didn't even think of it as a game, it was to be a new experience. It didn't have life bars, stamina, engaging combat none of the elements found in traditional games.It doesn't even have a many elements of conventional story telling, the game doesn't use dialogue,character expression, or music most of the time. Nothing in the game tells you how you should feel about the relation of the two main characters except for how they interact with each other. The game proves that, it doesn't need anything, but game play to tell a complex story. Ico was the fist game to ever do such a thing, it literally turned game play into an art from. Shadow of the colossus also did the same to a certain extent. Even though wanderer almost never speaks, and doesn't display much emotion, at the end of the game i felt a great deal of empathy, and sadness for him, and the colossus he slew because of how the game played out. These game's are not conventional, and should not be judged by most conventional game standers. In fact the games would ultimately be ruined by adding modern innovation, especially Ico. You play as a kid that's twelve or so years old, who has to defend himself with a stick, modernizing the combat to make it even a little more like god of war, or devil may cry would kill the experience. The experiences that these games offer is complete, out side of some control issues nothing about them need's to be changed. If your just looking for a new game to play or want to experience some of the finest work in video game history this collection should not be over looked. Expand
  46. Sep 27, 2011
    What is needed to be said? This collection contains two artistic masterpieces that capture the imagination. Ico provides wonderful puzzles with a companion tagging along while SotC has some of the most epic and dynamic gameplay around. Ignore the trolls who try to mark this down, the collection is well worth the money!
  47. Sep 29, 2011
    This game may have been a 9 about five or ten years ago... Now it seems cludgy, and I'm annoyed that it is NOT in 1080, just a stretched 400 or so lines and maybe about 720p?
    They are cool 'ambient' games, but games have moved on so much that the controls seem non-intuitive and unresponsive. I give it a 7, for subtlety and ambiance, not worth $40 this holiday season.
  48. Oct 8, 2011
    A masterpiece! Two of the most before their time games repackaged with crisp visuals. Although there is room for improvement, there is something satisfying about knowing they stayed true to their original game - flaws and all. Brilliant.
  49. Oct 25, 2011
    Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are both great games, both have a unique gameplay and storyline, if you want a great game experience and a beatiful storyline, this is for you.
  50. Feb 14, 2012
    ico is wonderful and worth the price alone for the atmosphere. shadow is a much improved game graphically, yet some of the gameplay was lost in the remake. wander now needlessly shakes about making climbing the collossi extremely discouraging. the ps2 version had its moments, but some of the bosses are controller-throwing when you cant even remotely get to a resting point on the beast to regain your grip meter. this needs to be patched. if you can look past that negative mark, shadow is still a good (but now frustrating) game. if you still own your ps2 hunt down an old copy of shadow, and just pick up ico on psn. Expand
  51. Jun 7, 2012
    Is this game good or bad? Trick question...it's amazing. The more unfavorable reviews have been by the players who sit at home and cut fruit on their iPads. Theyre more into games that send you into the action immediately, games that require no investment on your part. Though those games can be fun they are not the kind of game this is. To get anything out of these games you must put time into them. Let's start with SotC. The music is absolutely phenomenal. When you climb unto your first colossus and that music starts beating away in the background it feels so overwhelming. It's just that it though...it FEELS... That's what's lacking in some games... soul.... Every colossus is an epic encounter that just makes you think about how beautiful and surreal it all is. There are 16 colossus in the game but no conventional grunts. That could be a turn off for some players not being occupied enough between colossus encounters. I never understood that though. Why is it that for a game to be played over and over there has to be some generic enemy that you fight all the time? It's shows how un creative society has become. What were games on the Atari 2600? I'll tell you, bee boo bee bloop, some squares and a bunch of sounds. Kids still played the heck out of them though. When every gamer falls into that horrible shooter/casual cliche it leaves little room for a new ip to bust its way in. Nobody wants to work on things that are 'different' anymore. They feel they need a AAA Call of Duty/Battlefield type game to feel current. When you bought your first play station, what was parappa the rapper? Some game that was uniquely different, a game that no one in this day and age would even conceive of much less make it. SotC is a game that needs to be played not on the play station 3 though but rather on the play station 2. It brings me to another thing.. Graphics. I used to think Oot had the best graphics ever. All the jaggies and pixels never stood out. Sure graphics give the game a layer of but they don't make the gameplay better. It's just pissy little 14 year olds who are more into their Skyrims and Call of Dutys than homework, sports, etc. They talk about graphics this graphics and saying that the games they play are innovative and awesome. Games that require no brains or anything but rather a higher sensitivity setting. Games that get 9/10's on the biased IGN are considerd best game ever. Why? Why when a game like chu chu rocket provided everlasting fun? A game like chu chu rocket would not be accepted into today's gaming society because of the appeal towards Micheal Bay-esque video games. A game that was good 10 years ago cannot get the same score today because of graphics and other small details. How does Code Veronica get 9.5 editors choice award back in the day but now gains a paltry 6/10? I'll tell you why. Today's gamers are the worst there's ever been. Developers are following a trend that has turned into a spiral. A spiral into garbage games and half assed ideas. If arcades were still around, they never will be back in a big way because of the lazy everyday gamer, they would be populated by 3 kinds of people. Average joes, wannabes and people who played these games as a kid. If time crisis and house of the dead came back into arcades I personally would dump quarters into the machines like BP dumping toxic waste into the Michigan River. Ico whoever is not as good sat SotC. It's more puzzle than adventure. I do agree with it being slow but it's still a solid game. Can't wait for the Last Guardian to come out.

Shadow of the Colossus 10/10
    Ico 7.5/10
  52. Jan 6, 2013
    As a person who played the original version of Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2, I must say that I was expecting very much of this HD version. I haven't played ICO yet, but unfortunately, my experience until now was kind of a disappointment. The controls are terrible! The camera... WTF are those camera controls? I don't remember those kind of problems in the original version. And also, the graphics are bad, comparing to other HD versions of old games I played, like Okami HD (PS3) and Metal Gear Solid (Xbox 360). Don't get me wrong here, I like these games a lot, but I think that maybe the conversion to PS3 and HD was not well done. Expand
  53. Sep 27, 2011
    Shadow of the Colossus was one of my all-time favorite games and nothing has changed. There's not much else that's needed to be said, the games are beautiful, fun and full of life. This collection is well worth the money spent.
  54. Nov 11, 2011
    Two games that epitomize art for video games in general. Ico stars just one character and to some people is the PlayStation version of Zelda. Shadow of the Colossus may seem like a lonely game at first, but your trusty steed and the amazing colossi make up for some of the most memorable boss battles ever.
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    Full stop. You HAVE to play these games! It makes me sad that they won't come out on xbox, because everyone should play these masterpieces. Ico may not have aged as well as Shadow, but Shadow remains to this day one of the greatest games of all time! Must buy!
  56. Feb 24, 2013
    So I never played the PS2 version, and I didn't hear about it until shortly before I played it, it was probably mainly reading the reviews, and hearing some of the praise it got, I must admit it really deserves it, the game feels epic, the music is awesome, and feels like a part of the whole experience. Although I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the PS3 HD release, as it still looks like a PS2 game, this doesn't ruin the game, but you'd think they could update some of models, like I did see screenshots of someone emulating the old PS2 edition 1080p and I couldn't really tell the difference.

I'm not some huge fan of Japanese games, I enjoy games from everywhere, so I'm not a apologist, I find Final Fantasy (10 billion) As engaging as watching the weather forecast in the middle of winter, but this game is awesome, and if you want a unique gaming experience that's challenging and visually impressive, then I'd encourage you to get this game. It's also one of the few games that can get my heart pumping, I think that's a mixture of the music and the intensity of the Colossus battles.

No game is perfect though, there was the lack of enthusiasm put in the HD release, and some of the Colossi are so un-intuitive to figure out how to fight, you just have to praise the fact we have the internet(The worst imho was the Gecko-like one).
  57. Mar 2, 2013
    There can be no argument that these games are something of an acquired taste I would never universally recommend them. There is a quiet, elegant feel to them both that could be lost on some gamers, but ultimately for me they are probably the best games out of Japan for the last ten years, and are certainly in my Top 10 of all time. SotC is probably the better of the two with the awe inspiring colossi giving the game the edge over the more intimate castle environment of Ico. That said, the relationship between Ico and Yorda is one of the sweetest captured in games. I long for more games like this and can't wait for The Last Guardian (if it ever comes out!). Highly recommended to anyone who likes to play games that feel a little different (If you liked Journey, Braid, Year Walk etc you won't go too far wrong). Just a small warning the ending of SotC can leave you feeling a little conflicted! Expand
  58. Aug 19, 2013
    The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection for the PlayStation 3. My favourite game of last generation in high definition. SOTC deserves the utmost praise for it's sheer brilliance in storytelling and awe inspiring visuals, the only thing that could be better is if they completely remade the game with this generations graphics. That would be amazing.

I have no problems with these
    games and will not spoil a thing. I recommend this to everyone, but be warned the games will not cater to everyone, the gameplay is a mixture between action adventure and puzzle gaming. DO NOT READ A WALKTHROUGH it will defeat the object of learning the strategies of the games.

Either love or hate the HD collection is a wonderful game and you should try give it a shot.
  59. Nov 2, 2013
    Amazing Game The Story Never Gets In The Way And Has A Big Impact At The End Its A Tale Of A Wander Who Will Risk Everything For His Beloved But Seems Like So Much More When U Finally Learn The Truth There's 16 Colossi To Defeat All Offer A Unique Challenge That Requires You To Use Your Surroundings The Music Masterfully Done There's haunting tunes, there's peaceful tunes, and heroic tunes that make you feel unstoppable the bosses even look like real life creatures in a way like horses, bears, lizard etc. Otherwise This Game Does Everything It Set out To Do Its Unique, shows how boss fights should be done, and shows games can also be a piece of Art I Only Give It A 9 because other then Time Attack and Hard Mode There's No Much Else Do I Would Like To Perhaps Have More Animals To Inhabit The Lands Just So It Doesn't Feel Has Empty But I Understand its a design choice and its does it well with the feeling your in a land long forgotten by man bottom-line if you haven't played you owe it to yourself to play it at least once but its not for everyone now to play Ico Expand
  60. Sep 29, 2011
    Let me start by stating the facts: not everyone will understand these games, not everyone will enjoy them, and there's nothing wrong with that. Certain people can't watch a movie unless it has explosions, certain people can't watch Public Television because it educates rather than entertains, and certain people will pick this up on the recommendation of another and feel 100% cheated because it doesn't involve wanton killing, busty women, rampant foul language and guns.

If you are one of these types of people, it's okay. I'm not going to judge you or your tastes. I'll just let you know that i feel sorry for you, because whatever "eye of the beholder" thing it takes to truly enjoy these games, you don't have it, and believe me, your life is worse because of that. You don't know what you've missed.

Ico is definitely the harder game to get into, out of the two games in the collection. It will involve you solving puzzles and leading a girl to safety by escaping the castle where the both of you are imprisoned. It will involve her speaking in a language you don't understand, and it will tax the part of the brain that won't help you fire a gun. For those patient enough to brave the journey, you may find yourself with an incredibly emotional experience at the end of the road, and you'll be amazed a video game could make you feel that way. I'm trying to spoil as little as I can for you, and I'm sorry if this sounds a bit paltry, but this is the gist of the experience.

On the other hand, Shadow Of The Colossus is the most beautifully haunting game I've ever played. It too is about solving puzzles, but the goal in this game is not to figure out how you'll escape a castle, it's how to kill sixteen giant beasts that dwarf you in scale. No other game has made me feel so overwhelmingly powerful by making me feel so insignificant throughout the entire process - the expansive overworld with no enemies or even epic travel music, the loneliness between your character and the horse he rides, it all seems so pointless until you find your next enemy. The silence is the calm before the storm, and that storm is the next giant beast you will have to locate, climb and somehow kill. It will give you a sense of wonder, dread and most of all, it will prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that video games deserve to be called an artistic medium. As I said, it won't be for everyone. But if you find yourself looking for something that could make you proud to own your PlayStation, and you don't mind not shooting a gun or scoring a goal, then you may find yourself in for the best games that the previous generation had to offer. There's a very good reason why the PlayStation 2 was the home of the best franchise titles of the last hardware generation, and that didn't have as much to to with Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, Madden, Final Fantasy or God Of War as it did games like Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus. Now, these games have been given a 1080p HD facelift, and given trophies for the player to earn as well. Any individual who considers themselves a gamer, in any sense of the term whether broad or niche, needs to try these two games. You may find that you don't like them, and like I said earlier, that's okay. Caviar isn't for everyone, and one man's delicacy can be another's poison. If you're in the mood for something besides controller McDonalds, though, this is your wake-up call.

For those who do pick it up and find themselves lost in the most incredible worlds, your curiosity will be rewarded hundredfold. Then, you'll understand why people like myself are so excited for The Last Guardian...and chances are, you will be too after playing through these two games (and especially SotC). Don't pass this up, whatever you do.
  61. Sep 29, 2011
    This is a great chance for the new generation to experience two games that are timeless artistic masterpieces. Prepare to be amazed, you just don't come across games of this quality nowadays.
  62. Oct 2, 2011
    It doesn't matter if you have or haven't played the PS2 versions of both games, seeing them back in HD after more than 5 years it worth your time and money. Games with an originality and gameplay like these are rarely made. You won't be disappointed.
  63. Oct 3, 2011
    It's amazing how mood and atmosphere, combined with intriguing gameplay, can make a game timeless. Despite being ported over from the PS2, and the most recent of the two games included is 6 years old, one could still get completely immersed in this world. Granted, Ico has suffered a little more from aging, and even Colossus is starting to show its age (Colossus animations aren't quite as awesome as the mind's eye remembers them, and geography/geometry pop is more obvious in HD than ever before), but once you start playing, all technical criticisms seem to vanish and it's easy to get drawn into the gameplay. Both of these games were highlights of the PS2's game library, and they still hold up great today. My only criticisms are the aging factor (as I mentioned above) and the camera (though there are manual controls, it often has a mind of its own, and it's frequently stupid); the controls take some getting used to, and are not always intuitive, but they are very customizable so this can be negated. But so much is right with this collection: Both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are presented in widescreen HD; though this serves to show some of the imperfections and limitations of the old platform, it also shows just how much detail they put into the games that wasn't even obvious on the PS2's limited resolution (which was, at best, 480p). Throw in 3D support (for those of you who have the setup) and these games are even better than before. That said, should you get them if you already have them? Yes! Definitely! Had they been priced at a full $60, I may be slightly harsher, but $40 is a great deal for both of these games presented as such, not to mention the handful of cool bonuses that come on the disc as well (a few documentaries and a couple of dynamic themes). If you liked the games before, you will like them just as much now, and if you've never played them before, you will probably be pleasantly surprised at just how awesome these games are (even if you are slightly underwhelmed at the technical aspects). Expand
  64. Oct 21, 2011
    Amazing. Pure art. Beautiful. Masterpiece.
    There's nothing else to be said about this game.
    BUY IT NOW!
    ICO is so fantastic that almost made me cry. It's so beatiful!
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Great HD remix of these delightful games. These games are story based, fairy tale adventures. ICO is a puzzle-based, exploration game with light platforming. Shadow of the Colossus is much like the boss battles in Castevania, where you must find weak spots on giant titan-sized bosses. While gameplay in the latter can get repetitive, getting both of these triple-A titles is a bargain for the price.
    One last note, the 3D effect is nice and most impressive in Shadow of the Colossus. Definitely bust out the 3D glasses if you have this available.
  66. Nov 9, 2013
    Shadow of the Colossus is an amazing game. The collection is worth it for that game alone. However, Ico on the other hand, is a prime example of a developer being Artsy for the sake of being different. Nothing about this game stands out. The art design, point blank, sucks. It's grey. Gray, Gray and more Gray. The castle is gray, the sky is gray, and there is nothing interesting to look at in the entire game. there is no art on the castle walls. It's a big, empty building with nothing to see. This is exacerbated by the fact that there is nothing to hear. In doors, there is no music. Outside all you hear is wind and the ocean. It's not interesting.

What the biggest problem with the game is though, is that the quest, honestly, offers nothing. Yorda is quite possibly the worst companion in a video game ever. She says nothing to you. She offers no help. She just stands there like a drugged up crack whore, having you do all the work for god knows what reason. You have to manually drag her around the entire game. She will literally do nothing if you leave her be. She just stands there. The two characters cant understand each other, so there is no dialogue between them. It's just dragging this weird, albino chick around for five to ten hours. And that's when the game is enjoyable. Then there is the combat. Oh the god awful combat. You swing your stick around at monsters hoping to eventually get them to fall over. It takes forever, and is incredibly boring after the first few combat sequences. Coupled with the fact that there is no reason to attach yourself to Yorda, you'll eventually just wish that they'd take her and the game would be over.

The puzzles are annoying, but at least it isn't the dull combat. They're difficult at times, but not by design. The game tells you nothing, so half the work for the puzzles is figuring out what exactly it is that you can interact with in this bland, gray works that Ico inhabits.

Ico all boils down to being just a very drab, dull, bland game. If you enjoy it as a bonus game, go ahead. But do not buy this collection for Ico. It's just not that interesting. Buy the collection for Shadow.
  67. Jan 19, 2014
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll333llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll222lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll333lllllllllllllllllllllllll
  68. Sep 29, 2011
    When they were originally released, each of these games made a strong argument for the games-are-art crowd. They are both patient and beautiful games, with much of their sophistication shown even between the battles. Neither try to be all action, they are all immersion. Yes, the controls are dated, and yes, the poly count is low. But these two games set the standard for emotional, engrossing environments that games today still have trouble touching. If you've never played either and want to know what inspires amazing games today, got get it. And if you played either on the PS2, and wonder how they look and play on modern technology, the answer is: timeless. Expand
  69. Oct 3, 2011
    This is a definite game for anyone who loves puzzlers and a very in depth story without much being said but with a great deal of emotion. These games are phenomenal, unique, and will be cherished by many for a long, long time. This time around both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus have had a wonderful HD make over. A lot of gaming sites/magazines rant and rave about SotC and how it looks so much better and made the transition to HD very well, but Ico still has some problems. Well I totally disagree. Both games look amazing for being games built on older technology. If you didn't know this, Ico was originally designed for the first Playstation and before it was completed it moved platforms to the PS2. With the depth of gameplay in Ico and SotC, it's very surprising that the earlier platforms would have and did work. There's just so much beauty in these games, from the artwork to the emotion and all that went into delivering such deep stories. If you enjoy games like Tomb Raider or Soul Reaver, you'll love these games as they have very similar styles, but of course a totally different story that's easily enjoyable. I'm glad to add these classics to my collection, even though I still have them for the PS2 I totally love playing them in HD. It's too bad I don't have a 3D TV; I'd love to try that out with SotC, but alas, I don't. Get this as soon as possible if you cherished them the first time. Expand
  70. Dec 16, 2011
    These games ARE NOT art. They're just damn good games. Just because the art design of the game world, charcters, colossi are sublime; and the musical scores are perfect, and the stories are so well crafted into the actual gameplay does not mean we need to parade these games around like they are something other. I do consider Fumito to be an artist however. These are two innovative ass games point blank period. Expand
  71. Nov 12, 2012
    Maan...dont waste your money! The controls are a disaster, which ruins everything about these two games. I played the original ico and shadow of the colossus on the Ps2 and the controls were much tighter than this disaster.
  72. May 17, 2014
    This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap.
  73. Oct 7, 2011

1. Feb 2, 2012
    If video games aren't art, then ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection is not a video game. It's a staggering compilation of two of the most creative, intimate and emotional pieces of interactive entertainment ever conceived.
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    They're absolutely, without a doubt, worth buying. [Issue#210, p.78]
    High Def remake is one of the shiniest gaming jewels – this conversion is an extraordinary and unique game that is a must have for any PlayStation 3 owner. [Nov 2011]