The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Aug 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. if you like... things. you will probobly love the last of us. this game is easily one of if not the best game i have ever experiensed. everything from the charecters to the story, the combat and the level design is top notch with a huge amout of polish like we have come to expect from a naughty dog game. Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2013
    By the time you read this review, I'm sure you have already decided to get this game or already owned it, beat it, and reflecting on the greatness that is "The Last of Us". From the creators of "Uncharted", "Jak and Daxter" and "Crash Bandicoot", Naughty Dog hits another grand slam with "The Last of Us". Without spoiling anything, I will say that the moment you start up the game, youBy the time you read this review, I'm sure you have already decided to get this game or already owned it, beat it, and reflecting on the greatness that is "The Last of Us". From the creators of "Uncharted", "Jak and Daxter" and "Crash Bandicoot", Naughty Dog hits another grand slam with "The Last of Us". Without spoiling anything, I will say that the moment you start up the game, you instantly care about these characters. You will feel for them, cry with them, and laugh with them all the way through. The controls are solid for the most part. Sometimes I'd have a camera problem and the dark parts, even with a flashlight, was very hard to see anything and had me wandering around in darkness until I found where I had to go even on my second playthrough. But even with that in mind, "The Last of Us" gives what anyone could ever want in a game and stands for how gaming has evolved over time with rich stories and beautiful graphics. Easily the best game of this generation. Expand
  3. Aug 4, 2013
    Naughty Dog hit it out of the park with this one. This is the best game I've played to date. The main characters Joel and Ellie are absolutely phenomenal characters. The human emotion of the game will suck you in from the start. It's very hard to write about the game without giving anything away. All I can say is buy this game. I thought it would be a one and done, but I found myselfNaughty Dog hit it out of the park with this one. This is the best game I've played to date. The main characters Joel and Ellie are absolutely phenomenal characters. The human emotion of the game will suck you in from the start. It's very hard to write about the game without giving anything away. All I can say is buy this game. I thought it would be a one and done, but I found myself playing it again in case I missed anything. I would very much like to see a sequel. Expand
  4. Aug 8, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty entertaining, has different foes require different strategies. One must create a strategy for infected and another for bandits ("hunters" in the game). Playing at some higher difficulties will force the player to evade some of the infected, due to lack of weapons or aid kits. It's a extremely intelligent design.
    The game's visuals are striking, every bush, every
    The game's visuals are striking, every bush, every tree, every building, enemy and character is astonishing and it's pretty fun watching the world being slowly claimed by Nature.
    But the best thing about this game is the story. In no other game have I ever seen such a enticing story. The relationship that slowly grows from Joel and Ellie is the jewel of this game. Both the characters are amazing and the player gets really worried about them surviving in such a cruel world.
    This is undoubtedly one of the best games ever. An experience the player will never forget.
  5. Aug 10, 2013
    The last time I enjoyed a game so much was in 2010, but now, those 3 years i been waiting were no in vain The Last of Us makes it in all the possible ways 11/10, there is no reason to not buy this game
  6. Aug 20, 2013
    The Last of Us takes some of the most cliché gaming concepts (post-apocalyptic world caused by a virus, big mature guy protecting a little girl) and executes them in the best way possible. It creates the most heart-wrenching scenes which become more and more impactful as the story goes on and as the relationship between Joel and Ellie get stronger. Though often viewed as the protagonist,The Last of Us takes some of the most cliché gaming concepts (post-apocalyptic world caused by a virus, big mature guy protecting a little girl) and executes them in the best way possible. It creates the most heart-wrenching scenes which become more and more impactful as the story goes on and as the relationship between Joel and Ellie get stronger. Though often viewed as the protagonist, Joel doesn't seem much like one simply because of his actions and decisions, which is not often seen in games. It shows how far people are willing to go at a time like this. It brings out the best and the worst in people and to me, that is why this game is amazing. Expand
  7. Aug 24, 2013
    "The Last of U.S." is a game where what matters is not the action, nor stealth, nor the fight against infected and other survivors of the disaster that ravaged the world, but the relationship between Joel and Ellie, as this progresses and and do everything necessary to survive in an unforgiving world. Without going into spoiler, is a game that focuses on the development of the story and"The Last of U.S." is a game where what matters is not the action, nor stealth, nor the fight against infected and other survivors of the disaster that ravaged the world, but the relationship between Joel and Ellie, as this progresses and and do everything necessary to survive in an unforgiving world. Without going into spoiler, is a game that focuses on the development of the story and its characters, which gets us End of level bosses that break the ambience of the game (as in "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" to mention one case), and gives us situations that only make sense in a video game.

It is a game atipico, with a magnificent history, that will make you to join the characters, worry about them, and suffer with them. It is, without question, the best way to "Naughty Dog" could say goodbye to the Playstation 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Podemos considerar que "The Last of Us" esta entre los mejores juegos que ha visto esta generación, y es una manera espectacular de culminar el que sin duda sera el ultimo año de lanzamientos importantes de Playstation 3.

"The Last of US" es un juego donde lo importante no es la acción, ni el sigilo, ni la lucha contra los infectados o demás sobrevivientes de la catástrofe que asola al mundo, sino la relación entre Joel y Ellie, como esta progresa y como hacen todo lo necesario para sobrevivir ante un mundo implacable. Sin entrar en spoiler, es un juego que se concentra en el desarrollo de la historia y de sus personajes, que no nos mete Jefes de Final de nivel, que rompen la ambientación del juego (como sucede en "Deus Ex: Human Revolution", por mencionar un caso), ni nos da situaciones que solo tienen sentido en un videojuego.

Es un juego atípico, con una magnifica historia, que hará que te unas a los personajes, te preocupes por ellos, y sufras con ellos. Es, sin lugar a dudas, la mejor manera que "Naughty Dog" podía despedirse de la Playstation 3.
  8. Aug 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. POSITIVES:
    1) A decent story, made excellent by wonderfully written dialogue and brilliant voice acting.
    2) Gorgeous level design.
    3) Thrilling and extremely responsive game play.
    4) Naughty dog.
    5) Realistic, unexaggerated violence adds to the game's dark and desperate tone.

NEGATIVES:
    1) Crafting could have been broader (Knives, man! They should be more common than knives!)
    2) I thought it needed a bit more character development for someone other than Joel and Ellie, like Tess or David.

I have been playing Naughty Dog games since I was 6-7, starting with the Crash Bandicoot series. Now I'm a 24 year old man and I feel as if Naughty Dog has been growing at the same rate as me. Naughty Dog, I love you AND this game.

P.S: A decent set of headphones pulls you in even further.
  9. Aug 24, 2013
    The Last of Us is probably the best game you'll find on the PS3. Period.

The Last of Us is probably the best game you'll find on the PS3. Period.

First of all, no game on the system is prettier, and no game has a better voice cast, including the Uncharted games. There is also so much tension throughout the game that the rare moments that it eases up are incredibly meaningful. Every second of this game has been given so much thought and so much care. I honestly can't imagine a game being better than this.

If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
  10. Aug 25, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A masterclass in emotive nuanced gaming. Imagine Uncharted but much more subtle. Some gut wrenching moments. Just play it, seriously.
  11. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. One of the best games a developer has created for quite awhile, barring two or three other games this year. I see alot of people saying its overhyped, over rated and if it hadn't been Naughty Dogs game, it would have failed. Thousands of people can't be wrong. Its our job to build or crumble hype for a game, and if we are over hyping it, then make theThis game is a masterpiece. One of the best games a developer has created for quite awhile, barring two or three other games this year. I see alot of people saying its overhyped, over rated and if it hadn't been Naughty Dogs game, it would have failed. Thousands of people can't be wrong. Its our job to build or crumble hype for a game, and if we are over hyping it, then make the connection. I hadn't even heard of this game until I spotted it in a shop, I had no preconceptions and the copy I purchased had no ratings or stars dictating how the game did. I went into it completely neutral. I was astonished. Its visually beautiful, unrivaled in my opinion. Its in game sequences and pre rendered cut scenes are stunning. The gameplay is tried and true, reminiscent of many games before, Dead Space, Resident Evil 4. But its the heavy controls and updated stealth mechanics that truly let the game shine. Its heart in your mouth, blood pumping adrenaline tension. Many developers rely on visuals and gameplay to drive a video game, often throwing a half hearted plot in for that little extra push. But The Last of Us is a heartfelt, movie style storyline. It moves you, scares you, and leaves you with a yearning for more. But perhaps the biggest part of this game that sells it, is the characters. Joel and Ellie. Their chemistry was amazing, both learning and growing off of each other. I had two problems with the games though. Something I like to call the unmovable Ellie. I was annoyed that in most parts if Ellie stood in a doorway you would be unable to move her. I was also frustrated by how any survivor you travel with makes alot of noise or even runs in front of the enemy and isn't even noticed. But as a whole this game is fantastic. Recommended to everyone. Expand
  12. Aug 27, 2013
    Amazing gameplay, characters, story and graphics. It was brutally intense and nearly always challenging. Not only is the story one of the best game experiences I've ever witnessed, the Multiplayer is also very good and addicting.
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    Frankly, it's the game of the generation or at least a heavy competitor.
    Naughty has proven itself worthy when it comes to making great and intriguing games, but none have reached the standard and scope like the Last Of Us does.
    Frankly, it's the game of the generation or at least a heavy competitor.
    Right from the offset, you are placed into a world that instantly swallows you up, and has you investing yourself in the main characters the whole way through, straight to it's very tight conclusion.
    Right from the get go, there is a general sense of awareness that the game manages to hold through and through. It understands what it is at it's heart and core, a game, and doesn't lack or overburden itself with unnecessary cut-scenes to tell it's story, allowing the players to truly live out their own experiences and their own viewpoints as they happen.
    The balance of flow is nothing short of spot on when it comes to mixing gameplay with the overall story, which never feels intrusive, unlike some other games that throw exposition at you, in attempting to make you care, when you probably don't give two ****'s.
    Though not a ten out of ten, it is surely a 9.8, and a game deserving of the praise that it is getting.
    Perhaps we have all been over-hyped out of our minds, but there is something special about this game I feel. One that we will look back upon as something marvelous that changed the way games represent themselves amongst other media forms.

And as any form of quick criticism: "Come on, Bill. If you're telling me to be quiet, don't go f***ing stampeding like a roided up Rhino."
  14. Aug 31, 2013
    The Last of Us are, until now, the best game of the year. But he is also better than any game of 2012. So, it's one of the best games ever. The story is awesome, the relationship beetwen Joel and Ellie is very good.
  15. Aug 31, 2013
    Simply put the last of us is the best PS3 exclusive there is and by a long way at that. It's also a contender for game of the year. The story, characters, world, voice acting, gameplay mechanics and graphics are all phenomenal. Some might think not another zombie game and technically this is not a zombie game but man it's the best zombie game there is. The makers of Uncharted Naughty DogSimply put the last of us is the best PS3 exclusive there is and by a long way at that. It's also a contender for game of the year. The story, characters, world, voice acting, gameplay mechanics and graphics are all phenomenal. Some might think not another zombie game and technically this is not a zombie game but man it's the best zombie game there is. The makers of Uncharted Naughty Dog have done it again and if you're think does it play like uncharted it does but only better. Also this might be a surprise for some the online multiplayer is really, really good and very addictive. Now you won't be getting this game for online multiplayer because the story mode is one of the best in gaming history but from a guy who doesn't play much online and even less shooters the last of us online multiplayer is phenomenal. If there's one game to get this year for PS3 make it the last of us. Expand
  16. Sep 4, 2013
    This is the most amazing game i have ever played. Though looking forward to GTA V, this game will definitely be my second favorite game of all time. A little taste for PS4 and great graphics!! The story line is second to none. It's GREAT! It deserves full marks. It's not everyday you get a great game you could actually play, over and over again. Congrats Naughty Dog!
  17. Sep 6, 2013
    I bought a PS3 just to play this game, so it worked out one of the most expensive games that I have bought. It is an amazing game, and worth buying a PS3 just to play. If you like anything post-apocalyptic, this is a game for you. As a game it's often hard to get the right balance of story and action. So may times there is either too much repetitive action, or too many cut-scenes thatI bought a PS3 just to play this game, so it worked out one of the most expensive games that I have bought. It is an amazing game, and worth buying a PS3 just to play. If you like anything post-apocalyptic, this is a game for you. As a game it's often hard to get the right balance of story and action. So may times there is either too much repetitive action, or too many cut-scenes that drag on for ages when you want to be playing. Overall Naught Dog to my mind got the perfect balance for that they deserve a 10 on it's own. But there are so many subtle things in the game that just have an immense impact, like not being able to pause in order to craft but having to craft in real-time. The people struggle when you fight them, they don't go down easy. Superb.

The game also gets you to ask questions of yourself and ask who are the real monsters? A question that might seem black and white in a game about spore invested mutant zombie types. But it's not that easy, the boundaries become blurred, and the ending... well that doesn't disappoint. Top marks, great first game for me on PS3.
  18. Sep 14, 2013
    There are many parts of this game that are great- the game play, exploration, and the visuals included (actually, I personally found the visuals stunning). By themselves, they aren't groundbreaking. If you wanted to nit-pick them, you could. But together, every part of The Last of Us tells a compelling and frighteningly human story that begs each of us to put ourselves in its world. WhatThere are many parts of this game that are great- the game play, exploration, and the visuals included (actually, I personally found the visuals stunning). By themselves, they aren't groundbreaking. If you wanted to nit-pick them, you could. But together, every part of The Last of Us tells a compelling and frighteningly human story that begs each of us to put ourselves in its world. What lengths would we go to in order to survive? Are emotional bonds worth the risk in a world where loss is all but certain?
    The Last of Us is an amazing game with an astounding narrative in its own right. But it truly shines when you let yourself be drawn into its world and try to understand both the humanity and inhumanity in the characters you play, as well as in the friends and foes that cross your path as you find yourself clawing your way across a dangerous wasteland.
  19. Sep 16, 2013
    WOW......................................................................................................................... AMAZING. It's so sad that there likely won't be any other games near the scope of The Last of Us, it's simply too good. I feel so grateful that I had an opportunity to experience this game, the impact that it has on you is very strong, and so real. Best game of theWOW......................................................................................................................... AMAZING. It's so sad that there likely won't be any other games near the scope of The Last of Us, it's simply too good. I feel so grateful that I had an opportunity to experience this game, the impact that it has on you is very strong, and so real. Best game of the decade, no doubt. Expand
  20. Sep 18, 2013
    I'd been looking forward to this game for months and when it was released i have to say i was disappointed, it didn't grab me from the start, i found it a bit linear and there was nothing new going on, and after a few plays it got put back on the shelf. I picked it up again last month and tried again and this time without any of the expectation i had last time i was completely drawn in toI'd been looking forward to this game for months and when it was released i have to say i was disappointed, it didn't grab me from the start, i found it a bit linear and there was nothing new going on, and after a few plays it got put back on the shelf. I picked it up again last month and tried again and this time without any of the expectation i had last time i was completely drawn in to Joel and Ellie's world, it has got to be the must captivating game i have ever played, and i've been gaming for longer than most gamers have been alive! I loved the characters and the story, it was all quite believable, the game play was excellent, i loved how you could explore some sections without coming across another living think (though you expect something to jump out round every corner!). By the end i didn't want to stop playing. Sequel? Probably, they wouldn't invest this much time and energy(cash!) into developing a game like this then not try to milk it a little more, but in a way i hope not as it can't hope to live up to the first! Expand
  21. Sep 18, 2013
    Incredible game, intense, great looking, full of action and good writing. Ellie and Joel are easily two of the best characters in video games, its just an amazing game
  22. Oct 4, 2013
    Simply amazing. This game delivers an experience like no other, with great script and story, compelling characters and a perfect soundtrack. It really compares to a great movie, and at times, it made me remember Children of Men. I love the way the story unfolds, specially on the killing and supply mechanism, totally make sense to kill almost everyone that crosses your path, and the supplySimply amazing. This game delivers an experience like no other, with great script and story, compelling characters and a perfect soundtrack. It really compares to a great movie, and at times, it made me remember Children of Men. I love the way the story unfolds, specially on the killing and supply mechanism, totally make sense to kill almost everyone that crosses your path, and the supply shortage provide a real feel to the situation. Really recommend this game and any other game by Naughty Dog. Please keep them coming! Expand
  23. Sep 26, 2013
    The best game ever. Simple............................................................................................................................
  24. Oct 2, 2013
    The Last of Us is pretty much perfect...to be honest I do not know any reason why you should not pick this game up but then saying that it has flaws...like every game.First of all the IA at times can be so annoying but then they can be your best friends by throwing brick or bottles at enemies,it can really help.Next? glitches,bugs this game...oh lord this game has a few.Like one I gotThe Last of Us is pretty much perfect...to be honest I do not know any reason why you should not pick this game up but then saying that it has flaws...like every game.First of all the IA at times can be so annoying but then they can be your best friends by throwing brick or bottles at enemies,it can really help.Next? glitches,bugs this game...oh lord this game has a few.Like one I got stuck inbetween a rock and a tree for abit i was then ready to restart.Then the game desides to let me move and after two seconds it kills me off....no enemies about nothing that could kill me i just died.However other then them things this is pretty much the perfect game for this gen witch is filled with brainless shooters and stupid game company's doing what they think is best for the players when it ruins our games.The Last of Us is like a breath of fresh air,it mixes great stealth and action with amazing characters that make the story (witch has been done many times before) amazing it really does because u actually care about Ellie.She is the heart and soul of this game without her the story and your immersion would just fall flat,Thankfully they did a amazing job on having you feel for this character same goes for Joel and pretty much everyone else.I can not tell you how many times i was nearly brought to tears....do yourself a favour pick this game up,you owe it to yourself. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2013
    Simply a masterpiece. This is the must play title of this generation. So well developed with high production value. This game will stick with you and will keep you talking about it for many years to come.
  26. Oct 4, 2013
    Certainly a game to make history!! Gameplay, scene, plot and very attractive. A nice thing for me is the difficult level, from novice to hard, because some people just want to play and watch the storyline without the boring to try and try to get some stage. About the brief, if you like The walking dead, for sure this game is for you.
  27. Oct 11, 2013
    everything in this game is super mother awesome
    the grapichs
    the gameplay
    the story
    the grapichs
    the multiplayer
    the ending
    if you dont like this game you are a retard
  28. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is just perfect. So emotionall title with brilliant characters and fantastic story. Easy one of the best game i ever play and the best in this year. Must have!
  29. Oct 12, 2013
    Wow...just wow. Everything about this game is just fantastic. The story, the characters, the setting, the voice acting (Nolan North is so good that he's unrecognizable) really just everything. The only problem I really had was the ending but even that started growing on me after awhile. Multiplayer's ok but you'll get tired of it after awhile (for me it was like 2 maybe three rounds). ThisWow...just wow. Everything about this game is just fantastic. The story, the characters, the setting, the voice acting (Nolan North is so good that he's unrecognizable) really just everything. The only problem I really had was the ending but even that started growing on me after awhile. Multiplayer's ok but you'll get tired of it after awhile (for me it was like 2 maybe three rounds). This is in my top 2 favorite games for sure (number ones Mass Effect 2 if you're curious). Expand
  30. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is probably the best game ever released for the PS3. Naughty Dog did an astounding job on this work of art. The story between Joel and Ellie feels genuine and impacted me throughout the game. The voice acting is top notch and the gameplay is awesome. The graphics as well were amazing and get me excited for the PS4. The only thing that was kinda game-breaking in any way was theThis game is probably the best game ever released for the PS3. Naughty Dog did an astounding job on this work of art. The story between Joel and Ellie feels genuine and impacted me throughout the game. The voice acting is top notch and the gameplay is awesome. The graphics as well were amazing and get me excited for the PS4. The only thing that was kinda game-breaking in any way was the A.I didn't notice Ellie even though she was right in front of them, but that's explained by the developers so it's not a big deal. If you haven't bought this game yet, go right now and get it. You are missing out. Expand
  31. Oct 24, 2013
    Last of Us actually deserves it's very high critic's metascore. The game is a masterpiece with engrossing characters, story, narration and most importantly, gameplay. I was totally hooked playing the game and had an amazing time with it.
  32. Oct 27, 2013
    Although it isn't a perfect game, it still is one of the best games ever made. This game takes mechanics from many games, and improves on it without feeling undeveloped and it has seemingly made it's own mechanics. The story follows a great framework with characters being it's driving point, not plot unlike many games today. This game has the right idea of realistic horror, it does notAlthough it isn't a perfect game, it still is one of the best games ever made. This game takes mechanics from many games, and improves on it without feeling undeveloped and it has seemingly made it's own mechanics. The story follows a great framework with characters being it's driving point, not plot unlike many games today. This game has the right idea of realistic horror, it does not bring the jumpscares it brings atmosphere and a real disease in a environment you would likely see in your everyday life.

In short it's likely one of the best games ever made. However preference has made it not my most favorite game of all time but 5th best game of all time. In terms of quality however, it is my number 1 game of all time.
  33. Nov 10, 2013
    If you are reading this, then do the following
    A) Buy the game now
    B) If you need convincing read the professional reviews
    C) Enjoy one of the defining games of this generation
  34. Nov 18, 2013
    This game is rich in character depth, story, gameplay, graphics, voice acting and fun.
    It's challenging where it needs to be, beautiful where it needs to be and dark where it can be. With compelling characters, an interesting premise and a jaw dropping story this game is a must play.
  35. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the most unique game I have played. It plays like uncharted but in a survival setting. Arguably Naughty Dogs best work yet. The story is superb, the graphics are superb, the gameplay is superb. Everything about the game has been perfectly crafted. The multiplayer is pretty addictive, and is different than other multiplayer games. Game of the Year material.
  36. Oct 25, 2015
    The game is a masterpiece , albeit a rather short one (took me 15 hours to finish it on normal, 17 hours with Left Behind). It feels like they kinda got lazy with the storyline, they could have added a lot more to it. Must play if you have a PS3 (in fact it would be pretty reasonable to buy one just to play Last of us).
  37. Jul 19, 2016
    A masterpiece! Best game I've ever played! Amazing storytelling, graphics, music, acting, world building, gameplay, and everything else in between. A must have for any gamer, or even story lover for that matter.
  38. Jun 18, 2013
    Here it is the beginning of the end film industry. None of the films made in the last few years, did not cause me so many emotions. If such high quality games will start to appear more frequently than once every 5 years, the movie has no chance!
  39. Jun 17, 2013
    The Last of Us centers around a man and his companion, Ellie. They travel across the country in search of a cure for a virus that has threatened to eliminate mankind. The virus is a fungus, and over time it's victims become very grotesque and disturbing. There are 3 main enemies (not counting the military and other humans), they are "Clickers", "Runners", and "Bloaters". Bloaters being theThe Last of Us centers around a man and his companion, Ellie. They travel across the country in search of a cure for a virus that has threatened to eliminate mankind. The virus is a fungus, and over time it's victims become very grotesque and disturbing. There are 3 main enemies (not counting the military and other humans), they are "Clickers", "Runners", and "Bloaters". Bloaters being the toughest of the tough, and clickers being downright terrifying. Along the way they meet other survivors who are not trying to kill them, and trust me there are a lot trying to kill them, and you begin to develop feelings for these characters. Especially the two main characters. The gameplay was fantastic and left you with enough ammo to have fun, but not enough to make this game centered around action. This game is about stealth and although I went combat due to the amount of time it would have taken me if I would have been sneaky, I still found it to be an incredible game. That's why I give it 10 Clickers out of 10. Expand
  40. Jun 16, 2013
    Great Game! The story is amazing and so is the gameplay! The multiplayer isn't as fun as the singleplayer but it's still a great addition to the game and will keep you busy for a while. The visuals are also the best you can find on current gen consoles. It would be nice if the AI reacted faster as you can sneak infront of them if you're quick. Still this is one of the best games I haveGreat Game! The story is amazing and so is the gameplay! The multiplayer isn't as fun as the singleplayer but it's still a great addition to the game and will keep you busy for a while. The visuals are also the best you can find on current gen consoles. It would be nice if the AI reacted faster as you can sneak infront of them if you're quick. Still this is one of the best games I have ever played and is a must buy for any playstation user! Expand
  41. Jun 17, 2013
    The Last of Us is a marvel of the video game medium. The story is integrated seamlessly into the gameplay, and the mechanics are actually reinforcing unlike many games that try to tell the story of a character who is good on the inside, but then a mass murderer when you take control of them. Joel is a masterfully written character who truthfully displays a moral grey area, while EllieThe Last of Us is a marvel of the video game medium. The story is integrated seamlessly into the gameplay, and the mechanics are actually reinforcing unlike many games that try to tell the story of a character who is good on the inside, but then a mass murderer when you take control of them. Joel is a masterfully written character who truthfully displays a moral grey area, while Ellie represents the last remaining hope of humanity, while still being a deep and likable. The supporting cast also never happens to fall into any cliches or archetypes. The sound design is among the best I've ever heard with impeccable voice acting along with realistic weapon and enemy sounds. Visually the game is equally marvelous with gorgeous graphics and beautiful enviornment design. From a presentation standpoint, The Last of Us is essentially unrivaled and achieves something that most games can only dream of. Enemy encounters are dynamic and engrossing while combat is decisively tense while still reflecting the tone set by the story with it's gritty and intimate encounters, but stealth is king as with limited supplies you must conserve as much as possible, and items are crafted in real time. With every encounter, you have to really think about what you want to do and how you want to do it. Do you want to flank a guy out then go and strangle him, or do you want to take a more guns blazing approach? This is just one of the many scenarios you will face. Exploration is both encouraged and rewarding in The Last of Us due to the interesting collectables, items needed for crafting, and various upgrades spread through out. Sprinkled through out the game there are also adventure elements such as retrieving ladders or making makeshift bridges to get you around your environment. The Last of Us doesn't do anything particularly new or innovative, but does everything it sets out to with flying colors. Overall the gameplay sets yet another milestone in what it means to survive in a video game and is mechanically amazing. There is also a multiplayer aspect to the game which adds a good bit to the overall package. The multiplayer tells a small story of its own while keeping the same tense and stealthy gameplay of the singleplayer, and for that The Last of Us should be applauded.

Although it may seem by that I have nothing negative to say about the game by now, but that is a false notion as I don't believe that The Last of Us is a flawless game. In a package so pretty, even the smallest blemish sticks out sorely. Here and there, texture pop in occurs and shadows may look terrible which brings down the overall presentation slightly. Companion AI is also not perfect as sometimes while sneaking your companions may walk directly into an enemy's line of sight, or make a very loud noise and still not alert an enemy. The only other thing that may be a problem is the chase scenes. In this game, I feel as if chase sequences where you are expected to run from an enemy or horde of enemies go against many of the mechanics that are more heavily established. I personally feel as if I may have missed some of the collectables due to sections of the game where I had absolutely no choice but to run as I did not get to go and explore some of the areas that the enemies appeared from. If I truthfully did mis some collectables due to scenes like this, then I believe that is a problem with game design.

Even with these few and somewhat nitpicky negative points, The Last of Us is still an amazing game and in my opinion one of the greatest games to ever be made. It marks a great leap forward for videogame presentation as a whole while also being extraordinarily enjoyable and rewarding to play.
  42. Jun 16, 2013
    One of my top 10 of all time. Amazing game. This is how you tell a linear story a narrative that moves through the whole game seamlessly. There's only so much you can do with this genre/setting, but Naughty Dog keeps it fresh. Anyone writing crap reviews is angry over the save bug (fixed) or they're just not into a game that's about mood, story & characters. If you just want to shootOne of my top 10 of all time. Amazing game. This is how you tell a linear story a narrative that moves through the whole game seamlessly. There's only so much you can do with this genre/setting, but Naughty Dog keeps it fresh. Anyone writing crap reviews is angry over the save bug (fixed) or they're just not into a game that's about mood, story & characters. If you just want to shoot stuff and be OP, you're more than welcome to stay away. Expand
  43. Jun 15, 2013
    This has definitely to be one of the greatest games in 2013. All the hype for this game has not gone to vain, It delivers more than expected. Naughty Dog has managed to combine good game-play, great graphics and and excellent story-line to create a masterpiece titled The Last Of Us.
  44. Jun 14, 2013
    I cant really say much about this game other than buy it and enjoy one of 2013's best games. This game is amazing. I really enjoy this game.
  45. Jun 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juegazo, aunque la sensación de estar jugando a una mezcla de Uncharted con Enslaved no se me quita de la cabeza. Aunque realmente no tenga nada que ver en la jugabilidad (el sigilo es vital aquí, y los recursos limitadísimos) sí que es cierto que se parece a ambos juegos. Expand
  46. Jun 16, 2013
    The last of us won't make you discovers new things or a revolutionary gameplay. The game picks the best from every genre and makes it great.

The graphics are great and put Uncharted 3 in the abyss. But it's not the look when you see the character's facial expressions you really think they are human. The voice cast is a wonder and the musics add this senses of sadness you'll feel all along the game

The best part for me is the story. This game makes you feel something as you grow attached to Joel and Ellie. The secondaries char's are not just simple adds they have an important place. Rarely a game scenario was this good and well written.

MEGA SPOILER DON'T READ IT !!!

At the you wonder if really the humanity is worth saving and what is the price we are ready to pay for it
  47. Jun 16, 2013
    I´m gonna´ be honest, i don´t own the game, haven´t played it because i don´t own a PlayStation 3, so i decided to watch just a small part of the game on YouTube, just the prologue specifically.
    But after watching the prologue my curiosity asked me to watched more and more, and wouldn't´t stop watching the videos, it was like a marathon of your favorite TV show (series) and it really felt like one.
    I mean the characters, not only the main, but all of them had this special meaning in the story, anyways the protagonist where the ones that surpassed my thoughts, the character development, the emotional link and relation between Joel and Ellie was so good and convincing. The plot, storytelling was magnificent, to the point that i was like "Why is this not a movie or something?".
    I really felt like i was inside the story, and keep in mind i was just watching the play-through on YouTube, imagine if i was actually playing the game, i cared about the characters that almost dropped tears.
    And that´s not all, but the feeling they putted in the scenery, the beauty of the landscapes plus the soft guitar music in the background, they really knew the mood of the situation.
    If you want to hear good music and think of the taken decision just wait till´ the credits are gone.
    Best game ever. 1000/10, i´m not overrating, i just explained why i liked it so much, but remember, i watched through YouTube, so the experience you will get while playing it must be AMAZING.
  48. Jun 18, 2013
    Absolutely brilliant! If you have a PS3, get this game. Some people may get turned off by the brutality of the combat and the style of gameplay, as it is unlike anything before it, but give it a chance and you wont regret it.
  49. Jun 25, 2013
    the last of us is a stunning game every gameplay is like the cutscene the characters are awesome joel is like a protective father but didn't want to show his feelings ellie is a survival girl who trying to bond his feelings with joel it's an awesome game BEST NAUGHTY DOG GAME FOR YEARS
  50. Jul 11, 2013
    if you're reading this,get your computer,get out of your house and drive to a gameshop and buy this friggin' game,because if you don't have this game it means either you're poor or you have a suckish taste in games
    ,and I mean it
  51. Jun 18, 2013
    Gorgeous game that done almost perfectly. You just start playing and time disappears to you! Superb characters and storytelling. The toughest and bloodiest fightings feels very real. Unprecedented attention to details. Great graphic, especially interior lighting have never seen such great almost photo-realistic light! Must have for everyone that plays!
  52. Jun 15, 2013
    Truly a masterpiecee. Not a dull moment in the game. It took me 12 and a half hours to beat game on normal and I will be replaying it. Never has a game ever went into the mind of a person like this. The addition of stealth is very good. The chance of just walking by people or just shooting them makes it a completely different feel to the game. The story is so well made you really fall inTruly a masterpiecee. Not a dull moment in the game. It took me 12 and a half hours to beat game on normal and I will be replaying it. Never has a game ever went into the mind of a person like this. The addition of stealth is very good. The chance of just walking by people or just shooting them makes it a completely different feel to the game. The story is so well made you really fall in love with Joel and Ellie on there adventure. Even the multiplayer is surprisingly very fun. The best game I have EVER played 10/10. Expand
  53. Jun 15, 2013
    This is not a zombie game, for all the people who are saying this is a zombie game. They have seriously missed a freaking awesome plot and completely missed a major part of the game.

http://youtu.be/XuKjBIBBAL8 watch this short video ,it explains what is going on. dont watch if you dont wanna know.
  54. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Despite a few minor glitches, the character development and the story within each one pulls me away that lets me accept The Last of Us into a perfect well made game. The gameplay for me was very smooth and I had no trouble at all. My slight complain would of been that I hardly found any ammo, but I figured that was just part of the survival and the hard mode. I do wish the music was more vibrant throughout the entire game, like in the ending, where you are holding Ellie and escaping. Rather than your typical good ending (save the day, everyone is cure), or your bad ending (Ellie dies, no cure), I like how Naughty Dog went super in-depth with Joel's character. We see him at the beginning loose his daughter, and we all know something like that can be seriously painful to a person. If you payed attention to the game, you'll notice Joel starts to get attached with Ellie and eventually he just doesn't want to let her go. At some point he even says he can't live without her (he paraphrased it differently). Joel knew Ellie could have done so much for humanity and the vaccine's progression would have been successful, but he lost himself with her because of his loss. His heart was broken and he wanted to replace it with something similar to his daughter's heart. I think (at least me) I would of just done the same and just carried on my life with Ellie rather than see her perish before my eyes just for some vaccine, despite lying to her and not telling her the truth about what happened. (I actually kind of felt bad there when he said "I swear". She deserves to know the truth, especially since she lost everyone as well, or was abandoned).

The ending to me was rather more depressing than any other emotion, and it seriously struck me hard. Naughty Dog, you truly are naughty. Thank you for an amazing experience.
  55. Jun 17, 2013
    This isn't just the best game of the year, but it's easily the best game of this console generation. Somehow Naughty Dog were able to push the PS3 beyond what Uncharted 2 & 3 did and managed to make the best looking PS3 game hands down. Quite honestly, this is next-gen game on the PS3 and it is breathtaking. Naughty Dog has also crafted a beautiful, emotional story that engages you fromThis isn't just the best game of the year, but it's easily the best game of this console generation. Somehow Naughty Dog were able to push the PS3 beyond what Uncharted 2 & 3 did and managed to make the best looking PS3 game hands down. Quite honestly, this is next-gen game on the PS3 and it is breathtaking. Naughty Dog has also crafted a beautiful, emotional story that engages you from the very beginning and doesn't let go until you reach a very emotional conclusion. The personality injected into Joel and Ellie is awe-inspiring. These aren't just characters in another video game; these are living breathing people that you care about deeply. Moving on, everything else about the game is top-notch. The A.I. is challenging and extremely smart. Quite a few times I thought I was safe behind cover, when an enemy would sucker punch me and cause me to rethink my strategy. The music is brilliant and used to great effect. The sound design overall is amazing, especially at creating suspense. The "Clickers" noise is especially eerie and you can't help but freeze and hide as soon as you hear it. The voice acting is also superb from the entire cast. There are a couple of glitches or oddities, like friendly NPCs walking through you or the fact that if your character is hiding, enemies will not react to your friendly NPCs running around looking for cover. These are forgivable though, considering that they are no such things as perfect games. Regardless, this game deserves a perfect score. One of the best games of the year. Definitely worth your time and money. I recommend you play this as soon as possible. Expand
  56. Jun 14, 2013
    Started playing this game today and thus far, it is a great game. The story got me hooked within the first few minutes. The graphics is top notch and I love the multiplayer.
  57. Jun 15, 2013
    Fantastic, story-driven experience right from the start. Naughty Dog strikes again with compelling and deep characters that force you to care about them. A truly remarkable gaming achievement with memorable moments throughout. Not next-gen level graphics, but about as good as I've seen in my seven years with PS3... Go pick this one up...
  58. Jun 16, 2013
    The zero ratings are quite obviously indicative of Xbox fans looking to hate on a ps 3 winner. While not everyone may love this game......0 out of 10.....come on. I haven't even played the game yet, but would venture to guess that my 10 rating is as accurate as the 0 received by the many who are merely looking to bring the games overall rating down in a biased fashion.
  59. Jun 17, 2013
    Anyone who rates this under 9 hasn't played through. it starts slow but all in all it is 1/2 Uncharted, 1/2 Resident Evil. With a good story to boot. That CAN'T be bad!
  60. Jun 18, 2013
    Lovely game and will be a contender for game of the year for sure, The Last of Us is not exactly about the story but the journey for the main characters, Joel and Ellie. The story has quite a few twists and turns and the combat is really well done. Don't expect an indepth fighting system or gunplay as that's not what this game is about. The combat is well done but there's not much there inLovely game and will be a contender for game of the year for sure, The Last of Us is not exactly about the story but the journey for the main characters, Joel and Ellie. The story has quite a few twists and turns and the combat is really well done. Don't expect an indepth fighting system or gunplay as that's not what this game is about. The combat is well done but there's not much there in the first place, which is good as that leaves them more time to focus on the journey of the characters. The development of both Joel and Ellie is very well done and the characters you meet up with on the way are excellently crafted and, when they eventually leave, they will get you to remember their presence for the rest of the game. This game is very dark and depressing. Don't go into it thinking things will go well for Joel and Ellie because nothing goes well for them. You will definitely love the game but know that you won't feel happy at the end of it. It lasts for about 12 hours and you'll definitely remember the whole thing. Highly recommend it and I highly recommend playing on the hardest difficulty and sticking with it. Expand
  61. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best, game of this generation. The trifecta of scenic environments, immersive storytelling, and awesome gameplay promises to pull you in to the very heart of the game; as if you were part of the characters themselves. A must MUST play!!
  62. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us has been a long time coming, and the wait is finally over, the question is does this game live up to the hype and the Metacritic user reviews? The answer is yes and it seems that Sony has saved the best of it's exclusives for last.

Story: To not go over what has been said before in reviews before me, I will start by saying that the opening ten minutes of this game

Story:
    To not go over what has been said before in reviews before me, I will start by saying that the opening ten minutes of this game explain so much with so little. Naughty Dog has went to great lengths to make sure characters we play as and pull for have deep narratives that compels the player to continue forward. The setting is very much out of the book, "The Road" but with a twist. The use of infection as a fungus that creates fast zombies and as I have dubbed them with my roommate, "Bat Raptors". We ended up playing for about three hours before we knew it, which is a testament to the games pacing and narrative.

Gameplay:
    The idea of this game is basically Uncharted meets survival horror and it pulls this off extremely well. From someone who was played survival horror since it's inception, no other game since Resident Evil 4 and at for what I have played of Amnesia, has me had be panic under pressure. This is the key point of the entire game and regardless of how well you prepare for the next encounter, most first time players will barely scrap through each wave of attacks. The basic stealth mechanic is maybe the highlight to this terror was it is the most effective and painless way to get through a combat issue, but since the AI seems to hug you at all times, combat quickly turns to oh no, oh god quick find cover, where the hell did Ellie go?! Since you don't have regenerative health like in most games, you have to add that to the list of things to juggle when in combat, along with having a extremely finite amount of ammunition and supplies. Players quickly find that bricks and bottles can be thrown at enemies to distract and stun which allows for brutal hand to hand combat which becomes the weapon of choice when all other methods have been exhausted. The real time crafting system adds to this mayhem, it can be both a life saving move or a costly mistake when used mid-combat. The game also rewards players for fully exploring the environment as players will find equipment, bullets, collectable items, vitamins for upgrading Joel himself and scrap metal to upgrade the equipment Joel has. The game does have shortcomings, the AI seems to be invisible when sneaking or always getting caught and at times and I have found a few cheap deaths that are due to bugs. The overall package however is one worth replaying a least one time to max out all the equipment as the game boosts a new game plus and a survivor mode for those how have nerves of steel.

Visuals:
    The game may not be as visually up to par after looking at what is to come this holiday season or even the recent visuals of Metro: Last Light on PC. Once again however, the artwork of the landscapes and maddening attention to detail makes the world come alive. The destroyed Boston which players will first encounter, drops them from the tense and depressing opening to a near hopeless setting of 2033 America. (wink wink to Metro 2033 yet again). Nature is taking back a country that is run by the American military and opposed by the Fireflies who wish to bring back a system of government. What final graphic push that could be brought out of the aging PS3 was done to only compliment a excellent story and setting which immerses the player into the game, a extremely difficult visual feat .

Verdict:
    The Last of Us is not just a great game, it transcends that of what a game should be, it takes what other games have done and refines and uses them to create a unique experience. The best parts of this game are those when you as the player are being forced to play combat by ear and pray that your last supplies will solve the problem. Not all the parts of this game are perfect, they could have used some work, but when your story, atmosphere, combat and characters are this good, you can over look some issues.

Metacritic only allows a 9 or a 10 but honesty this game is a 9.5 or A.
  63. Jun 16, 2013
    First of all, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. I felt like this is one of the best post apocalyptic story out there, and overall I saw strong connections to other stories like "I am Legend" and the first season of the "Walking Dead." The biggest strength is the character development between Ellie and Joel, and there is a lack of cliches that you'll see inFirst of all, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. I felt like this is one of the best post apocalyptic story out there, and overall I saw strong connections to other stories like "I am Legend" and the first season of the "Walking Dead." The biggest strength is the character development between Ellie and Joel, and there is a lack of cliches that you'll see in other games and stories. The best thing is the drama between the characters feels genuine and not petty drama like the Walking Dead has become on TV.

The other good strength is the combat as it influences survival instincts by limiting the resources you can get as ammo and knifes, therefore you usually have to resort to stealth. If you fail with your stealth, then you'll end up using most of your resources or you'll easily die. The gameplay is setup in which you have various paths to take out your enemies or try to sneak around. The only gripe I have is the enemy AI at times seems to lack logic when they are searching for you, and your companions sometimes make loud noises that don't make sense when you are sneaking around. That said, I was able to look past that as it didn't deprive the gameplay for me.

Finally the environment is the strongest aspect of the game. There is a diverse range of environments from cities to countryside to small towns, and the map design for each areas feels unique. The art direction of the environments is outstanding, and it really feels like a post apocalyptic America with little moments that bring in the immersion such as finding letters in which you learn about random people's past. Overall, I highly recommend people to try the game out as it's one of the best games for the PS3.
  64. Jun 16, 2013
    I've recently played Capcom's Remember Me, a game of which attempted to be an interactive movie, and almost succeeded, only failing slightly in the fact that although the sum of the parts was greater than the whole, the varied types and quality of gameplay and strict linearity of the game sometimes detracted from the whole experience, and left me wanting more. With this in mind, I pickedI've recently played Capcom's Remember Me, a game of which attempted to be an interactive movie, and almost succeeded, only failing slightly in the fact that although the sum of the parts was greater than the whole, the varied types and quality of gameplay and strict linearity of the game sometimes detracted from the whole experience, and left me wanting more. With this in mind, I picked up Naughty Dog's latest game, and a move away from the worldwide globetrotting of Uncharted, but still it is kind of put forward as almost an interactive movie. And its Uncharted that leaps to mind immediately once the breathtaking intro has gone, but give it a little time and you will realise that this is a very different beast that you are playing, and for that matter, one heck of a ride too!! First-up I have to comment on the presentation of the game its really hard for me to say this, but if you pay close enough attention to the graphics and sound, you will quickly realise that this is far, far above anything that Uncharted dazzled with. The graphics are outright beautiful, mixing the dour, deconstructed enviroments with a lighting engine that simply shines (no pun intended), but the real star is the acting and the characters in the game simply beautiful. The cut-scenes use the in-game engine as well, which is evidence enough of how good they are. The sound is used more for background effect (other than the sublime voice-acting obviously) but it ties in a feel to the whole game of a John Carpenter movie, at times almost a western an unexpected risk, but a welcome one. I must say lastly, the sound effects are amazing I've never been so utterly petrified by a clicking sound, and how it moves closer, so this must be a first!! And now to the gameplay thankfully, Naughty Dog knew what they were doing when they cut the gameplay styles down, in order to (a)maintain a due sense of tension that at times hits the roof, and (b)allows them to apply some amazing twists to said gameplay, and (c)stick to the plot, and the central characters, without taking the player unnecessarily out of that plot, and ruin the whole experience, by relying on a cheap gag. And speaking of those characters, the whole thing gels amazingly because everything has been invested in this if anything, feels like the game that Remember Me was trying to be: a superb storyline, well-written characters and script, locations that provide a breathaking spin on an old premise (the apocalypse), and gameplay that simply doesn't tire. As many critics have written, is The Last of Us the best game ever created? No, I don't think so its one of the best of this current generation certainly. But if you like me have had enough of promises from the next-generation of consoles that are soon to be coming out, and simply want to be blown-away right now you should pick this up. Expand
  65. Jun 16, 2013
    This game has to be one of the best games I have every played since I have been a Gamer. The game is so smooth and has such a great story that it its unbelievable. I'm an Xbox boy but this game is defiantly on my top 5 favorite games of all time. Enough cant be said about this game this game=Awesome
  66. Jun 16, 2013
    I can't think of a game that is so complete and perfect at the same time. There's literally not a single thing I can nitpick. The people who are rating this game down are the angry xbox trolls who don't have the chance to try such a masterpiece. This game is "Everything."
  67. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is just so good. The storytelling, graphics and the attention to detail just blew me away. Even the multiplayer is refreshing and fun. Naughty has done it again with the last of us and i recommend it to every one with a PS3
  68. Jun 17, 2013
    Truly one of the greatest games of all time, the last of us has the perfect blend of everything one could want of a game in this genre. Playing this game is like controlling a character in a movie. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The voice acting and direction is fantastic. Somehow Naughty Dog has surpassed their previous uncharted games, something I didnt think was possible. ThisTruly one of the greatest games of all time, the last of us has the perfect blend of everything one could want of a game in this genre. Playing this game is like controlling a character in a movie. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The voice acting and direction is fantastic. Somehow Naughty Dog has surpassed their previous uncharted games, something I didnt think was possible. This game had me on the edge of my seat, yelling at unbelievable turns in the plot, scared at what might be around the corner and afraid at what might happen to the beloved protagonist we get the pleasure of controlling in this outstanding masterpiece of a video game. What a great finish to this generation of consoles. Whoever gave this game of subpar review has ZERO CONCEPT of plot and character development within a story. If you have no interest in these things, keep playing games like call of duty where you just run around mindlessly shooting things. If you want an immersive movie-like gaming experience well worth $60, go buy this game now. You will not regret it. Expand
  69. Jun 17, 2013
    This is definitely GOTY. Besides the stunning motion capture acting, graphics, and solid gameplay, this game delivers an intense, emotional, and engaging experience. The best part about this game is its story. This is not farcry3 or bioshock infinite where you are killing the same, predictable, AI every time while scavenging for extra ammo, or collectibles. This is a game where everyThis is definitely GOTY. Besides the stunning motion capture acting, graphics, and solid gameplay, this game delivers an intense, emotional, and engaging experience. The best part about this game is its story. This is not farcry3 or bioshock infinite where you are killing the same, predictable, AI every time while scavenging for extra ammo, or collectibles. This is a game where every decision you make has an immediate consequence. You cannot survive if you don't pay attention to your surroundings, your ammo, and your craft-able items. This sense of urgency and fear at being overwhelmed only adds to the superb and engaging story. There was never a moment while playing (story and multiplayer) that i wasn't on the edge of my seat, chewing my nails and wondering what was going to happen next. This experience was essentially like reading a really fantastic book, but you were not only seeing it, but partaking in it. Sure the plot was somewhat predictable, that didn't retract from my experience or enjoyment because it was predictable because of the game's context (zombie apocalypse) not because of any lack of originality. When playing this game (Story or Multiplayer) you are always on your toes, you are always conscious of what you are doing, and what is happening around you. This isn't COD where you can run in guns blazing and live to tell the tale. This is the Last remnants of society. There is not unlimited ammo. Your survival depends on how effective you can manage your limited resources and skills. You cant let any second of your time go to waste. This game is the most engaging game i have played in ages, and i would recommenced it to any gamer (of age, this is a brutal game that had a LiveLeak survivor like me cringing) who is willing to experience some of the most innovative and engaging experiences in their gaming career. You don't have to be an avid gamer to enjoy this. As long as you aren't a 12 year old COD fan-girl, this will most likely be your favorite game of the year, and defiantly one of the most memorable out of your entire gaming experience. If you can scavenge the money, buy it ASAP Expand
  70. Jun 17, 2013
    They weren't kidding when they say that this game is a masterpiece, IT IS!First of all, i would still like to complain about some of the things that bugged me.The most obvious of all is the lack of immersion from the other AIs.Especially when you try to be stealthy.Wait,that's the only gripe i have with this game.The combats are superb,and considering your low supply,it makes you thinkThey weren't kidding when they say that this game is a masterpiece, IT IS!First of all, i would still like to complain about some of the things that bugged me.The most obvious of all is the lack of immersion from the other AIs.Especially when you try to be stealthy.Wait,that's the only gripe i have with this game.The combats are superb,and considering your low supply,it makes you think before you do anything.The story,the graphics are top notch.The multiplayer is fun.Take a bow Naughty Dog!For anyone who has a PS3,this is a must buy game! Expand
  71. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is up there with the very best. Everything in this game is exceptional! The voice acting is brilliant, the environments are gorgeous and the emotion is always high and tense.

The best thing about this game though is the relationship that grows between the two main characters of Joel and Ellie. You NEED to buy this game... You won't regret it!
  72. Jun 17, 2013
    Having completed 1 play through, this is just another one of those outstanding games from Naughty Dog. Of course this is only my opinion and as such, they will vary throughout the gaming circles. However, one thing is crystal clear from doing any search of reviews on the game: The Last of Us is an amazing game. The graphics, sound, acting and story are everything folks have come toHaving completed 1 play through, this is just another one of those outstanding games from Naughty Dog. Of course this is only my opinion and as such, they will vary throughout the gaming circles. However, one thing is crystal clear from doing any search of reviews on the game: The Last of Us is an amazing game. The graphics, sound, acting and story are everything folks have come to expect from Naughty Dog and more. The numbers don't lie, so if say, 690 people (at the time of my review) gave it a positive score and 55 gave it a negative score what does that tell you? Search for reviews on this game and you will find the same results everywhere. Win or lose, The Last of Us will be the 4th consecutive entry (following Uncharted, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3) from Naughty Dog to be nominated for game of the year by various mainstream gaming websites. Expand
  73. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is drop dead gorgeous, has incredibly engaging story and some of the most believable characters I've ever encountered in a game. The soundtrack is superb, melancholic and beautiful, the voice acting puts other games to shame. The gameplay awesome. It lets you chose different strategies and playstyles (just sneak past enemies, sneak in and assassinate or all out firefights). TheThis game is drop dead gorgeous, has incredibly engaging story and some of the most believable characters I've ever encountered in a game. The soundtrack is superb, melancholic and beautiful, the voice acting puts other games to shame. The gameplay awesome. It lets you chose different strategies and playstyles (just sneak past enemies, sneak in and assassinate or all out firefights). The crafting system is well thought out and adds to the atmosphere and the rest of the gameplay instead of being an aside.

It just doesn't get better than this. Naughty Dog. Thank you for creating this wonderful experience. You're what other developers should aspire to be.
  74. Jun 25, 2013
    This game made me cry more than 25 times. The story is epic, the gameplay is incredibly good (probably the best one I have ever seen), the graphics are realistic just like the real life would look, and the characters are very interesting and don't give you headaches. Please, make Naughty Dog (the developer) a favor and go buy this game, or in a year or more than a month, you will be cryingThis game made me cry more than 25 times. The story is epic, the gameplay is incredibly good (probably the best one I have ever seen), the graphics are realistic just like the real life would look, and the characters are very interesting and don't give you headaches. Please, make Naughty Dog (the developer) a favor and go buy this game, or in a year or more than a month, you will be crying for not getting this game (unless you never knew about it). Expand
  75. Jun 26, 2013
    I went into this this game thinking it was kind of overhyped and overrated, however when I started playing I was almost immediately hooked. This title offers one of the greatest stories told in gaming, a cast of very well developed characters, and amazing graphics. Gameplay is pretty good too, although there have been a lot of complaints about the "clunky" shooting/ fighting mechanics, iI went into this this game thinking it was kind of overhyped and overrated, however when I started playing I was almost immediately hooked. This title offers one of the greatest stories told in gaming, a cast of very well developed characters, and amazing graphics. Gameplay is pretty good too, although there have been a lot of complaints about the "clunky" shooting/ fighting mechanics, i personally think that it makes the game more realistic. I was completely interested from start to finish as the suspense in this game is constant. At some points in the game, you will die many times and it is frustrating, but it never feels unfair as it makes you think of new ways to approach the situation at hand. The only negative thing I have to say is very minor and that is that the AI can't detect Ellie during stealth moments so she'll be doing something stupid like whistling, telling jokes, or sometimes even walking into enemy while you're trying to quietly sneak by. All in all, this is an amazing game, possibly the best PS3 exclusive available, and I would highly recommend it to anyone Expand
  76. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is flat out amazing. People are saying its over rated but the truth is this game deserves all of the perfect tens that it has received. The story is fantastic, and the characters are very loveable. Ellie is a very funny but serious character and its cool to see Joel and Ellies relationship go from not giving two about each other to accepting each other as family. The gameplay isThis game is flat out amazing. People are saying its over rated but the truth is this game deserves all of the perfect tens that it has received. The story is fantastic, and the characters are very loveable. Ellie is a very funny but serious character and its cool to see Joel and Ellies relationship go from not giving two about each other to accepting each other as family. The gameplay is great to. You have a choice, either go in guns blazing( only if you have enough ammo, trust me) Or you can go in stealth. The only real gripe I have with the game is some of the encounters seem a little unfair, some times your up against a staggering amount of infected which u have no choice but to take out. Its a lot of fun figuring out ways to unsmart the infected and human survivors. Theres also a very usual and easy to use crafting system which allows u to craft health packs and weapon upgrades. This game is very good plus theres multiplayer for people who want more after the credits roll. This game is worth every penny and is one of the best if not the best ps3 exclusive out right now Expand
  77. Jul 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is an amazing experience from its incredibly lush graphics to the absolutely superb character animation and dialogue. It navigates through the ever popular post apocalyptic genre with great finesse and manages to tell a story all it's own. From the game play to the cinematic moments everything in this title is tailored to give the player an idea of the dire scope of JoelThe Last of Us is an amazing experience from its incredibly lush graphics to the absolutely superb character animation and dialogue. It navigates through the ever popular post apocalyptic genre with great finesse and manages to tell a story all it's own. From the game play to the cinematic moments everything in this title is tailored to give the player an idea of the dire scope of Joel and Ellie's harrowing journey through the remnants of society.

This is a great addition to any PS3 owners library and an amazing experience for any survival game enthusiast
  78. Jun 16, 2013
    Best game ever, I'm at the museum and I can't believe how so well made is everything... I don't get the bad critics, probably come from.angry xbox fans, there is nit other reason.
  79. Jun 17, 2013
    Game of the generation. I never thought I would give that title to a AAA title, but this game has it all. Great writing, amazing graphics, pitch-perfect gameplay, and loads of suspense. If Uncharted was a horror franchise it would be The Last of Us. Take all of the action/adventure set pieces of the UC franchise and turn them into suspense/horror. I was literally on the edge of my seatGame of the generation. I never thought I would give that title to a AAA title, but this game has it all. Great writing, amazing graphics, pitch-perfect gameplay, and loads of suspense. If Uncharted was a horror franchise it would be The Last of Us. Take all of the action/adventure set pieces of the UC franchise and turn them into suspense/horror. I was literally on the edge of my seat last night when I was playing this game. I think I'm pretty far in, and so far I'm completely blown away by how amazing this game is. If Naughty Dog could make this on the PS3, I can;'t wait to see what they do on the PS4. Expand
  80. Jun 15, 2013
    A perfect combination of story, characters and atmosphere. This game speaks for itself. This is not just a game its an art. An unprecedented masterpiece in gaming industry to date.
  81. Jun 15, 2013
    "...Even the best video games that have the most consistent worlds haven't been able to match their individual elements in such a way as to give you what Naughty Dog's game can give you..."

Greek Review http://goo.gl/2WUxN
  82. Jun 15, 2013
    Dark, gritty, tense, some small things that make this THE GAME OF THE GENERATION! Not for the faint of heart. Some scenes really dig deep with the human fear to die, and really make you think about it.
  83. Jun 16, 2013
    I bought The Last of Us: Survival Edition, and I have to say that I am really impressed, and really satisfied with what my money has bought me. The contents of the package exceeded all my expectations.

As for the game, incredible. Being a fan of Naughty Dog since their early development days, I have noticed they continue to shine by creating amazing works of art, and this game is at the top of the list. The story, cinematic's, modeling, texturing and game play overall is astounding. Being a 3d modeler, I can definitely appreciate the work that went into this. Completely blew my mind.
  84. Jun 17, 2013
    This game will make you care about the characters, and you won't forget the story anytime soon. The fact that it is interactive makes you even more immersed in the experience than a movie ever would. I won't spoil it but it is the greatest story gaming has ever told.
    The gameplay is fresh and undeniably exciting, stealth is key, it isn't a ADHD shoot em up', and you won't be able to play it that way. The whole game has sense a suspense over it, you really don't know what will happen and you fear for the characters lives. The mood music helps this cause.
    I finished it awhile ago and i still can't stop thinking about, this game will literally make you believe there you are in an apocalypse.
    Naughty Dog has proven themselves as the best developer and the best teller of stories in gaming. The game is the by far the best of this generation, no other game comes close to touching it.
  85. Jun 17, 2013
    WOW! WOW! WOW! I can just keep saying this because that's what this game is... it's WOW! I cannot stop playing this game. I am already thinking of playing it again, and I'm not even done with it! Just simply amazing!
  86. Jun 15, 2013
    Pros: Excellent graphics for the nearly eight year old PS3 with consistently smooth frame rates and animations. The level design is not very complex, but the attention to detail is astounding. I never felt like I was visiting the same place twice. Areas are also designed in such a way that multiple paths or styles of play are possible for completing them. Great story, believable andPros: Excellent graphics for the nearly eight year old PS3 with consistently smooth frame rates and animations. The level design is not very complex, but the attention to detail is astounding. I never felt like I was visiting the same place twice. Areas are also designed in such a way that multiple paths or styles of play are possible for completing them. Great story, believable and memorable characters. Superb voice acting. The crafting system is not revolutionary but, because multiple items require the same materials, forces you to make tough decisions regarding what you think you will need and what kind of play style you're going for. For example, molotovs and med packs use the same supplies, so you're forced to balance increased offense with survival. Also, because crafting takes place in real time and because you can only carry a limited amount of equipment, you can't simply pause the game to craft a bomb and then throw it at your foes. Combat and stealth are really tense and every shot counts. You absolutely cannot run and gun this game.

Cons: Sometimes you have to figure out how to traverse certain areas in the game, a bit of light puzzle solving. But all of this boils down to searching an area for a ladder or plank and becomes pretty transparent after the first few times. Character movements and animations can sometimes get a bit clippy. When in melee combat a number of times, attacks would not connect when enemy NPCs were in certain animations. Additionally, my melee attacks also pushed NPCs into terrain or objects making me unable to hit them, but they were still able to attack me. I was forced to back up a bit and leave myself open to other attacks just so the NPC I was attacking would get itself unstuck. The stealth segments are great, but tend to break the immersion when you have Ellie or other friendly NPCs following you. Certain zombies in the game use sonar and are attracted to loud noises. You have to crouch and move very carefully, but the NPCs following you will often sprint short distances when these zombies are only a few yards away and no enemies are alerted. When sneaking around human NPCs, those following you will sometimes expose themselves trying to keep up with you but again not get detected by the enemy NPCs. I admit the game would be unnecessarily difficult if goofy AI quirks broke your stealth, but once you figure this out, stealth segments are far less challenging than they first appear.

The multiplayer at first glance appears tacked on, but the real time crafting is a major component of the gameplay. Sneaking around with your team, scavenging materials, and crafting equipment to use against your enemies is ridiculously rewarding. The multiplayer levels are well designed, too.

Even though I've never been a fan of the Uncharted games, I find The Last of Us way more enjoyable. The characters are more believable, the story is more engaging, and while the gameplay in some ways has less to offer, the real time crafting, tension, and pace of combat are way more impactful than what Uncharted offered.
  87. Jun 16, 2013
    This is truly a brilliant masterpiece of a game, it has one of the best and most powerful openings to a game I have seen, and the story does not stop with these kind of moments. The characters are the most believable characters I have seen in a game to date, and the story is top notch. And the pacing is perfected I think.

The gameplay is some of the best third person action I have

The gameplay is some of the best third person action I have played, the sneaking is great and better than some games that focus on stealth, but the action is just brutal and so exhilarating. There is not that many games that makes the blood pump with excitement like this game. The graphics are amazing for PS3, some of the characters looks better than anything I have seen, even games on PC which have generally better graphics, can't compare to the amazing detail on some of the characters in this game.
    I wish it was released on PC, as some higher res and AA would have made this game one of the best looking games ever, but still it looks more than good enough.

The game is long to, which is great as I spent a bit over 15 hours to finish the game, and I did not wish it to end at all, so I really hope there will be some sequels for this series.

Naughty Dog is one of the reasons why you would buy a PS3, and I truly hope that a sequel to this game comes out to the PS4. If they can make something this great for PS3, then I can't even imagine what they have in store for the PS4. This is the best game for a console yet, and that says a lot.

If you own a PS3 and never play this, you don't deserve to own a PS3 as it is the best way to end the current generation of consoles.
  88. Jun 17, 2013
    This is a game that brings together many familiar ideas from the great games of my childhood and pulls them all off spectacularly well. The voice acting/motion capture is the best I've seen in a video game & the writing top notch to match. There is much to be found in the wonderful tale. P.S. Multiplayer (and I never play this part of games) is actually really fun!
  89. Jun 17, 2013
    There isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with theirThere isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with their conversations tears can also be provoked from the games opening that may possibly be the saddest opening to any story that I have ever seen; this being said about the games beginning the tension and suspense that is felt from the games final moments are also the strong point for The Last of Us while being just as emotional as it's opening moments if not even more. Enough about the games emotional points the key point of the gameplay is to forge to survive and craft your weapons to your best advantage; Naughty Dog succeeds on a larger level than I could have ever though possible after playing through scavenging for tools and scraps to craft several items that are required to complete your journey west, such as shivs, first-aid kits, and even molotov Along with the great crafting system something that constantly plagues games in our modern market is the poor artificial intelligence, but with The Last of Us this will only be a problem for someone who gets upset from being outmaneuvered by a computer controlled bot as this game proves to have AI that works together to find a tactical advantage over the player. In my closing remarks I have to say that The Last of Us is a MUST PLAY game that constantly had me saying out loud "I can't believe this was created by Naughty Dog" due to it's dark tone and unforgiving characters. Stop reading now and buy it full price. Expand
  90. Jun 17, 2013
    -Delete my other review i give tlou a 10/10 not 4!!!

-Delete my other review i give tlou a 10/10 not 4!!!

Ok first off where to start in response to Calvincrack you have some major issues son....ADD probably the main one...to say these characters are mildly fleshed out & your not the only person but in going to pick on you anyway....mildly fleshed out are you actually smoking crack then? Did you play the game with your eyes shut & the volume on mute or something? This of all points is by far the most ridiculous thing I've read in these hater reviews!!! Joel & Ellie are by far two of the best developed characters of any game in history, the fact that you build a connection to both characters & develop a sense of protectiveness over Ellie is absolutely astounding for a video game & it shows how far the industry has matured unlike your brain. I mean did you really play the game with a preconceived notion that you won't like it just because it got 27 10/10s or are you also a bioshock infinite fan? I've played hundreds of games & character wise nothing compares!! If you paid attention, listened to every word spoken, interacted with every optional conversation then there's no way you could say these characters are underdeveloped it's plain stupidity on your part! I guess your just a COD kid who has no clue as to what makes a good game & good story....maybe there wasn't enough explosion for you to get excited over!! Oh and because there isn't a scripted set piece every 30secs maybe that's why you didn't enjoy it....BUT this is where you made the mistake of assuming this was uncharted2 because its not!! No where near because its not meant to be....it's a completely different tone & genre! This game is about subtle details, the ambience of a post apocalyptic world, the sheer beauty of the world that's been created is phenomenal on (7yr old hardware-and people moan about a few popups or graphical glitches here & there?!!nonsense/nitpicking fools...name 1 game with no errors...ye thought so) ...each room tells a story of the deceased, there's so many finite details in this game that it blows my mind every time I find something new!! The gameplay is also amazing, a guy said its all the same? What the? There's melee, melee with bats,wood,machetes etc multiple weapons-guns,rifles,bows etc & there's items you craft which adds like another 3-4 methods to dispatch enemies...I guess the guy that complained was just terrible at the game if all he did was punch every enemy!! The sound is pitch perfect & quite haunting from the clickers etc....another major beef I have with haters is that they think this is a survival zombie game...ND never said that they never titled it a zombie game? The infected are infected they don't die & come back to life they are infected & the cordyceps take control of the brain-people say this isn't an original idea but compared to every zombie game ever released which has a generic zombie I would say its definitely unique!! I think it's fantastic! I don't think I'll ever play a game that gripped me or made me have an emotional connection to the characters like this ever again in my life! Unless naughty dog pull it off again! But I doubt this can be topped!! I would strongly recommend this game to anyone who has a decent IQ, doesn't play COD....& doesn't rely on explosions & bullet time effects to think a game is cool, who want an amazing story driven game, to see two characters be developed masterfully & to see the end outcome & just experience a post apocalyptic America looking gorgeously crafted on the PS3!!
  91. Jun 25, 2013
    I don't know what to say about this game, first of all, if game developers are brilliant enough to personally hand over to you a emotional connection to the characters in the first 20 minutes of the game, they should be given an award. The gameplay was was extremely difficult, which added to the fun of the game, I had to try my best to learn new ways around certain areas, and do everythingI don't know what to say about this game, first of all, if game developers are brilliant enough to personally hand over to you a emotional connection to the characters in the first 20 minutes of the game, they should be given an award. The gameplay was was extremely difficult, which added to the fun of the game, I had to try my best to learn new ways around certain areas, and do everything I could to properly get through a building, hell, just a small obstacle, like snow, can change the entire game you're playing, which is a really great mechanic. Although this made me mad, EXTREMELY mad, at some points, like that snow part, but, it was still amazing! The story was overall emotionally heartbreaking, and when I mean emotionally heartbreaking, I mean that I had such a connection with the characters, that at the end of it, I felt like I needed more of the game, not only that, but after beating the game, I went in my brothers room, watching him play Skyrim for at least 3 hours because I was extremely upset, thinking about the last hour of the game. It's also really long, and it has ton of replay value, more or less, this game is a masterpiece, theres is usually only 1 or maybe 2 game every year that I love this much, and I am happy that The Last of Us is the one I have committed to and complete, and I have never made a review this long, because there weren't many other games that I could write a review this long for. Here's a tip, if you happen to be reading this, buy this game, and if you don't, trust me and all the critics, and user reviewers, this game, is brilliant on every level. Expand
  92. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematicI'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematic experience without sacrificing anything in the gameplay department. It's a survival game with a fantastic story and characters. Having to constantly scrounge around for supplies really gives you the feeling that you're doing whatever it takes to survive in this harsh world. Combat is always intense and brutal. I have to give special praise to the games satisfying melee combat because it's truly awesome. By far the best part of the story mode is the actual story. I don't want to spoil anything but I can tell you that it's an emotional tale filled with characters so human you can't help but care about them. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun and something different than the norm. You choose one of two factions and battle it out for supplies to grow your own virtual faction and keep them alive. The actual gameplay revolves around teamwork and making smart use of your limited supplies. Even in multiplayer you'll be scrounging to survive. The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that pull you in and wont let you go. Go pick it up now, if you don't you wont just be missing out on one of the best games of this year, but also one of the best games of all time. Expand
  93. Jun 15, 2013
    What a game. From the visuals and voice acting, to the tight and high stakes combat system this game has it all. My only complaint is the slow character progression in the first play through. Resources are scarce and scavenging consumes an appropriate amount of time while maintaining the flow of the game. Nothing like walking into a room full of clickers with one shiv and two bullets. I amWhat a game. From the visuals and voice acting, to the tight and high stakes combat system this game has it all. My only complaint is the slow character progression in the first play through. Resources are scarce and scavenging consumes an appropriate amount of time while maintaining the flow of the game. Nothing like walking into a room full of clickers with one shiv and two bullets. I am thoroughly enjoying The Last of Us and recommend it to anyone curious about the Naughty Dog Apocalypse. Expand
  94. Jun 16, 2013
    This game brings back the survival-horror and stealth genre into business, with tight controls, like a polished Uncharted if you must. Totally immersive dialogue, sound and graphics, and the story is nicely spread out through cut-scenes and in-game dialogue-- and everything, from the story to the gameplay, is nicely constructed in a learn-as-you go structure. The gunplay could be better,This game brings back the survival-horror and stealth genre into business, with tight controls, like a polished Uncharted if you must. Totally immersive dialogue, sound and graphics, and the story is nicely spread out through cut-scenes and in-game dialogue-- and everything, from the story to the gameplay, is nicely constructed in a learn-as-you go structure. The gunplay could be better, but over-all this is a must buy, genre redefining, swan song for the PS3. Expand
  95. Jun 16, 2013
    I just finished this game and Naughty Dog did it again. They are the best developers by far and they delivered their best game to date. The Game looks stunning, the atmosphere gives you chills at times and the game as a whole is nearly perfect. It reminded me a lot of Walking Dead and other Survival/Zombie Movies and the story was really interesting and was a perfect fit. The animationsI just finished this game and Naughty Dog did it again. They are the best developers by far and they delivered their best game to date. The Game looks stunning, the atmosphere gives you chills at times and the game as a whole is nearly perfect. It reminded me a lot of Walking Dead and other Survival/Zombie Movies and the story was really interesting and was a perfect fit. The animations and soundeffects are top notch, i cant recall a game with better animations. The Crafting system is interesting, you constantly search for loot and this is finally a game where you really have to make every bullet count. There were a couple of times where i had 5 shots left and had to manage somehow. This added to the tension a lot and made it even better. There is so much small stuff to explore, the world feels real and believable. I seriously can´t point out a single bit i didn´t like, this is the best game of this console generation. Seriously play this game! Even the length was good. It took me 12.30 hours to finish it, but i didn´t find every hidden detail. I will replay the game for sure and get everything next time. I just had to know how it ended.
    I can´t wait for Naughty Dogs next game, they deliver the best gaming experiences that you can get.
  96. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. best game i have played this gen nothing come close to it story AI gameplay music
    the story is very deep and rish
    you care abot the characters
    the music is top notch
    the AI have minor flaws yet better than any game i have played

The Last Of Us is a Masterpiece
  97. Jun 15, 2013
    Amazing game. I woke up to play it this morning played for 10 hours, than started on a harder difficulty. Really great story, has an emotional weight laced throughout the game, and had great game play to boot with the addition of the crafting system. Definitely a must own, and game of the year. Story beats the Walking dead telltale series, and Infinite Story. If you can handle the tearAmazing game. I woke up to play it this morning played for 10 hours, than started on a harder difficulty. Really great story, has an emotional weight laced throughout the game, and had great game play to boot with the addition of the crafting system. Definitely a must own, and game of the year. Story beats the Walking dead telltale series, and Infinite Story. If you can handle the tear jerking I highly suggest you get this game and experience the pS3s Swan Song. Expand
  98. Jun 16, 2013
    Masterful. Environments are beautiful. Game play is deep. The characters are ones that you actually care for. And the story one of the best in gaming. The ending is truly amazing. You must play this game. It might not be for everyone, but if you've got no problems with some freaky mutated zombies, then play this game.
  99. GFC
    Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start this review I will just say I haven't come close to beating this game yet. I have made it to around when you meet Bill for the first time. Well anyways the story so far. It starts off as you playing as Joel's daughter. She woke up from a phone call then went off to find her dad. After an explosion her dad comes in the house. That is where you encounter your first zombie. You get a vehicle with Tommy? He wasn't in the game to much so far so sorry if I got the name wrong. After some retards getting in your way Joel"s daughter gets shot starting off the game From that moment on you know this will be a very sad story. 20 years later Joel is in a little apartment were a girl who seems to be friends with Joel shows up. I forgot her name as well so lets call her Plot Point. The two of them want to kill some guy who stole their guns. After some serious ass kicking Joel and Plot Point find out he sold the guns to the Fireflies. Then out of nowhere the leader of the fireflies shows up. She tells the they have to smuggle something to get their guns back. It turns out the thing they are smuggling is a girl named Ellie. So then Joel and Plot point take Ellie and they proceed to smuggle her. After some luck it turns put Ellie was bitten three weeks ago. When bitten it takes up to 2 days to turn. So Ellie explains to them she might be the cure. After going to the main Firefly place it turns out they just left. that is where it turns out Plot Point was bitten. She wasn't in the game very much and didn't have much character progession so I wasn't sad from her death. I feel like most other characters aren't developed enough so I wonder why even bring them in? After that the plot just kind of goes on.

As for the gameplay it is pure survival horror. There are three enemy types. Infected, Clickers and people. All these enemies feel natural because none of them are overpowered. Humans because they think logically and its easy to shoot them. Infected because they are stupid. And then there are clickers who are interesting. If I clicker gets to you, you are dead. But their downfall is they are blind and they see through sounds much like bats. When ever there is an enemy I feel a rush, Also this game is very stealth based. Since it stays true to survival horror ammo is rare. There are many ways to kill your enemies and I like that.

Some finishing thoughts:

This game looks FANTASTIC! I have never seen a game more beautiful. Also the voice acting is great. It brings the characters to life.

I was going to give this game and 8 from silly things in the story and from under developed characters but Joel and Ellie easily gives this game a 9/10

-GFC
  100. Jun 16, 2013
    Absolute perfection. I didn't think a game would beat Bioshock Infinite this year, but I just completed the game that did. This game had everything, and everything was perfect. The most emotional intro to a game I've ever played. The best character/player involvement, and the best emotional ride I've ever experienced from a video game. It will take a long time for this game to beAbsolute perfection. I didn't think a game would beat Bioshock Infinite this year, but I just completed the game that did. This game had everything, and everything was perfect. The most emotional intro to a game I've ever played. The best character/player involvement, and the best emotional ride I've ever experienced from a video game. It will take a long time for this game to be dethroned. Right now I have to say it. "Best. Game. Ever! Expand

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]