• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 18, 2013
    Lovely game and will be a contender for game of the year for sure, The Last of Us is not exactly about the story but the journey for the main characters, Joel and Ellie. The story has quite a few twists and turns and the combat is really well done. Don't expect an indepth fighting system or gunplay as that's not what this game is about. The combat is well done but there's not much there inLovely game and will be a contender for game of the year for sure, The Last of Us is not exactly about the story but the journey for the main characters, Joel and Ellie. The story has quite a few twists and turns and the combat is really well done. Don't expect an indepth fighting system or gunplay as that's not what this game is about. The combat is well done but there's not much there in the first place, which is good as that leaves them more time to focus on the journey of the characters. The development of both Joel and Ellie is very well done and the characters you meet up with on the way are excellently crafted and, when they eventually leave, they will get you to remember their presence for the rest of the game. This game is very dark and depressing. Don't go into it thinking things will go well for Joel and Ellie because nothing goes well for them. You will definitely love the game but know that you won't feel happy at the end of it. It lasts for about 12 hours and you'll definitely remember the whole thing. Highly recommend it and I highly recommend playing on the hardest difficulty and sticking with it. Expand
  2. Jun 14, 2013
    Started playing this game today and thus far, it is a great game. The story got me hooked within the first few minutes. The graphics is top notch and I love the multiplayer.
  3. Jun 15, 2013
    Fantastic, story-driven experience right from the start. Naughty Dog strikes again with compelling and deep characters that force you to care about them. A truly remarkable gaming achievement with memorable moments throughout. Not next-gen level graphics, but about as good as I've seen in my seven years with PS3... Go pick this one up...
  4. Jun 16, 2013
    The zero ratings are quite obviously indicative of Xbox fans looking to hate on a ps 3 winner. While not everyone may love this game......0 out of 10.....come on. I haven't even played the game yet, but would venture to guess that my 10 rating is as accurate as the 0 received by the many who are merely looking to bring the games overall rating down in a biased fashion.
  5. Jun 17, 2013
    Ok... in the past I have given games 10. After playing this game, I realize I have to go back and take all of the 10s back and give them 7s, 8s, or 9s at best. This game isn't perfect, but it is close. I was fully engrossed in every aspect of the game. Story. Characters. Beautiful graphics. Environment. AMAZING emotion and heart! Anyone giving this game a low score is a fan boy of otherOk... in the past I have given games 10. After playing this game, I realize I have to go back and take all of the 10s back and give them 7s, 8s, or 9s at best. This game isn't perfect, but it is close. I was fully engrossed in every aspect of the game. Story. Characters. Beautiful graphics. Environment. AMAZING emotion and heart! Anyone giving this game a low score is a fan boy of other systems and are just mad that they don't have a PS3. This game is worth the price of a PS3 alone, even right before the release of the PS4. I immediately started it again once I finished it. I have NEVER done that before. I am now declaring this as my favorite game of all time. Sorry RE4 and Bioshock. Expand
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    First of all, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. I felt like this is one of the best post apocalyptic story out there, and overall I saw strong connections to other stories like "I am Legend" and the first season of the "Walking Dead." The biggest strength is the character development between Ellie and Joel, and there is a lack of cliches that you'll see inFirst of all, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. I felt like this is one of the best post apocalyptic story out there, and overall I saw strong connections to other stories like "I am Legend" and the first season of the "Walking Dead." The biggest strength is the character development between Ellie and Joel, and there is a lack of cliches that you'll see in other games and stories. The best thing is the drama between the characters feels genuine and not petty drama like the Walking Dead has become on TV.

The other good strength is the combat as it influences survival instincts by limiting the resources you can get as ammo and knifes, therefore you usually have to resort to stealth. If you fail with your stealth, then you'll end up using most of your resources or you'll easily die. The gameplay is setup in which you have various paths to take out your enemies or try to sneak around. The only gripe I have is the enemy AI at times seems to lack logic when they are searching for you, and your companions sometimes make loud noises that don't make sense when you are sneaking around. That said, I was able to look past that as it didn't deprive the gameplay for me.

Finally the environment is the strongest aspect of the game. There is a diverse range of environments from cities to countryside to small towns, and the map design for each areas feels unique. The art direction of the environments is outstanding, and it really feels like a post apocalyptic America with little moments that bring in the immersion such as finding letters in which you learn about random people's past. Overall, I highly recommend people to try the game out as it's one of the best games for the PS3.
  7. Jun 16, 2013
    This game has to be one of the best games I have every played since I have been a Gamer. The game is so smooth and has such a great story that it its unbelievable. I'm an Xbox boy but this game is defiantly on my top 5 favorite games of all time. Enough cant be said about this game this game=Awesome
  8. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is flat out amazing. People are saying its over rated but the truth is this game deserves all of the perfect tens that it has received. The story is fantastic, and the characters are very loveable. Ellie is a very funny but serious character and its cool to see Joel and Ellies relationship go from not giving two about each other to accepting each other as family. The gameplay isThis game is flat out amazing. People are saying its over rated but the truth is this game deserves all of the perfect tens that it has received. The story is fantastic, and the characters are very loveable. Ellie is a very funny but serious character and its cool to see Joel and Ellies relationship go from not giving two about each other to accepting each other as family. The gameplay is great to. You have a choice, either go in guns blazing( only if you have enough ammo, trust me) Or you can go in stealth. The only real gripe I have with the game is some of the encounters seem a little unfair, some times your up against a staggering amount of infected which u have no choice but to take out. Its a lot of fun figuring out ways to unsmart the infected and human survivors. Theres also a very usual and easy to use crafting system which allows u to craft health packs and weapon upgrades. This game is very good plus theres multiplayer for people who want more after the credits roll. This game is worth every penny and is one of the best if not the best ps3 exclusive out right now Expand
  9. Jun 16, 2013
    I've recently played Capcom's Remember Me, a game of which attempted to be an interactive movie, and almost succeeded, only failing slightly in the fact that although the sum of the parts was greater than the whole, the varied types and quality of gameplay and strict linearity of the game sometimes detracted from the whole experience, and left me wanting more. With this in mind, I pickedI've recently played Capcom's Remember Me, a game of which attempted to be an interactive movie, and almost succeeded, only failing slightly in the fact that although the sum of the parts was greater than the whole, the varied types and quality of gameplay and strict linearity of the game sometimes detracted from the whole experience, and left me wanting more. With this in mind, I picked up Naughty Dog's latest game, and a move away from the worldwide globetrotting of Uncharted, but still it is kind of put forward as almost an interactive movie. And its Uncharted that leaps to mind immediately once the breathtaking intro has gone, but give it a little time and you will realise that this is a very different beast that you are playing, and for that matter, one heck of a ride too!! First-up I have to comment on the presentation of the game its really hard for me to say this, but if you pay close enough attention to the graphics and sound, you will quickly realise that this is far, far above anything that Uncharted dazzled with. The graphics are outright beautiful, mixing the dour, deconstructed enviroments with a lighting engine that simply shines (no pun intended), but the real star is the acting and the characters in the game simply beautiful. The cut-scenes use the in-game engine as well, which is evidence enough of how good they are. The sound is used more for background effect (other than the sublime voice-acting obviously) but it ties in a feel to the whole game of a John Carpenter movie, at times almost a western an unexpected risk, but a welcome one. I must say lastly, the sound effects are amazing I've never been so utterly petrified by a clicking sound, and how it moves closer, so this must be a first!! And now to the gameplay thankfully, Naughty Dog knew what they were doing when they cut the gameplay styles down, in order to (a)maintain a due sense of tension that at times hits the roof, and (b)allows them to apply some amazing twists to said gameplay, and (c)stick to the plot, and the central characters, without taking the player unnecessarily out of that plot, and ruin the whole experience, by relying on a cheap gag. And speaking of those characters, the whole thing gels amazingly because everything has been invested in this if anything, feels like the game that Remember Me was trying to be: a superb storyline, well-written characters and script, locations that provide a breathaking spin on an old premise (the apocalypse), and gameplay that simply doesn't tire. As many critics have written, is The Last of Us the best game ever created? No, I don't think so its one of the best of this current generation certainly. But if you like me have had enough of promises from the next-generation of consoles that are soon to be coming out, and simply want to be blown-away right now you should pick this up. Expand
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    I can't think of a game that is so complete and perfect at the same time. There's literally not a single thing I can nitpick. The people who are rating this game down are the angry xbox trolls who don't have the chance to try such a masterpiece. This game is "Everything."
  11. Jun 17, 2013
    Truly one of the greatest games of all time, the last of us has the perfect blend of everything one could want of a game in this genre. Playing this game is like controlling a character in a movie. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The voice acting and direction is fantastic. Somehow Naughty Dog has surpassed their previous uncharted games, something I didnt think was possible. ThisTruly one of the greatest games of all time, the last of us has the perfect blend of everything one could want of a game in this genre. Playing this game is like controlling a character in a movie. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The voice acting and direction is fantastic. Somehow Naughty Dog has surpassed their previous uncharted games, something I didnt think was possible. This game had me on the edge of my seat, yelling at unbelievable turns in the plot, scared at what might be around the corner and afraid at what might happen to the beloved protagonist we get the pleasure of controlling in this outstanding masterpiece of a video game. What a great finish to this generation of consoles. Whoever gave this game of subpar review has ZERO CONCEPT of plot and character development within a story. If you have no interest in these things, keep playing games like call of duty where you just run around mindlessly shooting things. If you want an immersive movie-like gaming experience well worth $60, go buy this game now. You will not regret it. Expand
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    This game made me cry more than 25 times. The story is epic, the gameplay is incredibly good (probably the best one I have ever seen), the graphics are realistic just like the real life would look, and the characters are very interesting and don't give you headaches. Please, make Naughty Dog (the developer) a favor and go buy this game, or in a year or more than a month, you will be cryingThis game made me cry more than 25 times. The story is epic, the gameplay is incredibly good (probably the best one I have ever seen), the graphics are realistic just like the real life would look, and the characters are very interesting and don't give you headaches. Please, make Naughty Dog (the developer) a favor and go buy this game, or in a year or more than a month, you will be crying for not getting this game (unless you never knew about it). Expand
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    There's no words to describe how masterfully crafted this game is; starting from the graphic to the perfect cinematographic cut, the immersive sound, the beautiful story, the engaging characters, everything about The Last of Us screams quality and emotions. An absolute MASTERPIECE.
  14. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is up there with the very best. Everything in this game is exceptional! The voice acting is brilliant, the environments are gorgeous and the emotion is always high and tense.

The best thing about this game though is the relationship that grows between the two main characters of Joel and Ellie. You NEED to buy this game... You won't regret it!
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece Best. Great. Phenomenal. Brilliant Absolutely amazing. 1010. 100100
    Naughty dog you are best!

I'm done. Thank you very much.
  16. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best, game of this generation. The trifecta of scenic environments, immersive storytelling, and awesome gameplay promises to pull you in to the very heart of the game; as if you were part of the characters themselves. A must MUST play!!
  17. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us has been a long time coming, and the wait is finally over, the question is does this game live up to the hype and the Metacritic user reviews? The answer is yes and it seems that Sony has saved the best of it's exclusives for last.

Story: To not go over what has been said before in reviews before me, I will start by saying that the opening ten minutes of this game

Story:
    To not go over what has been said before in reviews before me, I will start by saying that the opening ten minutes of this game explain so much with so little. Naughty Dog has went to great lengths to make sure characters we play as and pull for have deep narratives that compels the player to continue forward. The setting is very much out of the book, "The Road" but with a twist. The use of infection as a fungus that creates fast zombies and as I have dubbed them with my roommate, "Bat Raptors". We ended up playing for about three hours before we knew it, which is a testament to the games pacing and narrative.

Gameplay:
    The idea of this game is basically Uncharted meets survival horror and it pulls this off extremely well. From someone who was played survival horror since it's inception, no other game since Resident Evil 4 and at for what I have played of Amnesia, has me had be panic under pressure. This is the key point of the entire game and regardless of how well you prepare for the next encounter, most first time players will barely scrap through each wave of attacks. The basic stealth mechanic is maybe the highlight to this terror was it is the most effective and painless way to get through a combat issue, but since the AI seems to hug you at all times, combat quickly turns to oh no, oh god quick find cover, where the hell did Ellie go?! Since you don't have regenerative health like in most games, you have to add that to the list of things to juggle when in combat, along with having a extremely finite amount of ammunition and supplies. Players quickly find that bricks and bottles can be thrown at enemies to distract and stun which allows for brutal hand to hand combat which becomes the weapon of choice when all other methods have been exhausted. The real time crafting system adds to this mayhem, it can be both a life saving move or a costly mistake when used mid-combat. The game also rewards players for fully exploring the environment as players will find equipment, bullets, collectable items, vitamins for upgrading Joel himself and scrap metal to upgrade the equipment Joel has. The game does have shortcomings, the AI seems to be invisible when sneaking or always getting caught and at times and I have found a few cheap deaths that are due to bugs. The overall package however is one worth replaying a least one time to max out all the equipment as the game boosts a new game plus and a survivor mode for those how have nerves of steel.

Visuals:
    The game may not be as visually up to par after looking at what is to come this holiday season or even the recent visuals of Metro: Last Light on PC. Once again however, the artwork of the landscapes and maddening attention to detail makes the world come alive. The destroyed Boston which players will first encounter, drops them from the tense and depressing opening to a near hopeless setting of 2033 America. (wink wink to Metro 2033 yet again). Nature is taking back a country that is run by the American military and opposed by the Fireflies who wish to bring back a system of government. What final graphic push that could be brought out of the aging PS3 was done to only compliment a excellent story and setting which immerses the player into the game, a extremely difficult visual feat .

Verdict:
    The Last of Us is not just a great game, it transcends that of what a game should be, it takes what other games have done and refines and uses them to create a unique experience. The best parts of this game are those when you as the player are being forced to play combat by ear and pray that your last supplies will solve the problem. Not all the parts of this game are perfect, they could have used some work, but when your story, atmosphere, combat and characters are this good, you can over look some issues.

Metacritic only allows a 9 or a 10 but honesty this game is a 9.5 or A.
  18. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is just so good. The storytelling, graphics and the attention to detail just blew me away. Even the multiplayer is refreshing and fun. Naughty has done it again with the last of us and i recommend it to every one with a PS3
  19. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is drop dead gorgeous, has incredibly engaging story and some of the most believable characters I've ever encountered in a game. The soundtrack is superb, melancholic and beautiful, the voice acting puts other games to shame. The gameplay awesome. It lets you chose different strategies and playstyles (just sneak past enemies, sneak in and assassinate or all out firefights). TheThis game is drop dead gorgeous, has incredibly engaging story and some of the most believable characters I've ever encountered in a game. The soundtrack is superb, melancholic and beautiful, the voice acting puts other games to shame. The gameplay awesome. It lets you chose different strategies and playstyles (just sneak past enemies, sneak in and assassinate or all out firefights). The crafting system is well thought out and adds to the atmosphere and the rest of the gameplay instead of being an aside.

It just doesn't get better than this. Naughty Dog. Thank you for creating this wonderful experience. You're what other developers should aspire to be.
  20. Jun 17, 2013
    This is definitely GOTY. Besides the stunning motion capture acting, graphics, and solid gameplay, this game delivers an intense, emotional, and engaging experience. The best part about this game is its story. This is not farcry3 or bioshock infinite where you are killing the same, predictable, AI every time while scavenging for extra ammo, or collectibles. This is a game where everyThis is definitely GOTY. Besides the stunning motion capture acting, graphics, and solid gameplay, this game delivers an intense, emotional, and engaging experience. The best part about this game is its story. This is not farcry3 or bioshock infinite where you are killing the same, predictable, AI every time while scavenging for extra ammo, or collectibles. This is a game where every decision you make has an immediate consequence. You cannot survive if you don't pay attention to your surroundings, your ammo, and your craft-able items. This sense of urgency and fear at being overwhelmed only adds to the superb and engaging story. There was never a moment while playing (story and multiplayer) that i wasn't on the edge of my seat, chewing my nails and wondering what was going to happen next. This experience was essentially like reading a really fantastic book, but you were not only seeing it, but partaking in it. Sure the plot was somewhat predictable, that didn't retract from my experience or enjoyment because it was predictable because of the game's context (zombie apocalypse) not because of any lack of originality. When playing this game (Story or Multiplayer) you are always on your toes, you are always conscious of what you are doing, and what is happening around you. This isn't COD where you can run in guns blazing and live to tell the tale. This is the Last remnants of society. There is not unlimited ammo. Your survival depends on how effective you can manage your limited resources and skills. You cant let any second of your time go to waste. This game is the most engaging game i have played in ages, and i would recommenced it to any gamer (of age, this is a brutal game that had a LiveLeak survivor like me cringing) who is willing to experience some of the most innovative and engaging experiences in their gaming career. You don't have to be an avid gamer to enjoy this. As long as you aren't a 12 year old COD fan-girl, this will most likely be your favorite game of the year, and defiantly one of the most memorable out of your entire gaming experience. If you can scavenge the money, buy it ASAP Expand
  21. Jun 17, 2013
    They weren't kidding when they say that this game is a masterpiece, IT IS!First of all, i would still like to complain about some of the things that bugged me.The most obvious of all is the lack of immersion from the other AIs.Especially when you try to be stealthy.Wait,that's the only gripe i have with this game.The combats are superb,and considering your low supply,it makes you thinkThey weren't kidding when they say that this game is a masterpiece, IT IS!First of all, i would still like to complain about some of the things that bugged me.The most obvious of all is the lack of immersion from the other AIs.Especially when you try to be stealthy.Wait,that's the only gripe i have with this game.The combats are superb,and considering your low supply,it makes you think before you do anything.The story,the graphics are top notch.The multiplayer is fun.Take a bow Naughty Dog!For anyone who has a PS3,this is a must buy game! Expand
  22. Jun 17, 2013
    There isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with theirThere isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with their conversations tears can also be provoked from the games opening that may possibly be the saddest opening to any story that I have ever seen; this being said about the games beginning the tension and suspense that is felt from the games final moments are also the strong point for The Last of Us while being just as emotional as it's opening moments if not even more. Enough about the games emotional points the key point of the gameplay is to forge to survive and craft your weapons to your best advantage; Naughty Dog succeeds on a larger level than I could have ever though possible after playing through scavenging for tools and scraps to craft several items that are required to complete your journey west, such as shivs, first-aid kits, and even molotov Along with the great crafting system something that constantly plagues games in our modern market is the poor artificial intelligence, but with The Last of Us this will only be a problem for someone who gets upset from being outmaneuvered by a computer controlled bot as this game proves to have AI that works together to find a tactical advantage over the player. In my closing remarks I have to say that The Last of Us is a MUST PLAY game that constantly had me saying out loud "I can't believe this was created by Naughty Dog" due to it's dark tone and unforgiving characters. Stop reading now and buy it full price. Expand
  23. Jun 17, 2013
    We face the possible game of the year, perhaps the best of the generation and one more part of the great games in history, along with MGS1 and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

-Great gameplay, different to see in survival games.
    -Awesome story, once you enter, you aren't free.
    -Extraordinary graphics.
    -Good technical section, but with your details.

Do not forget this game. Play it.
  24. Jun 17, 2013
    The best game I've ever played, a true masterpiece from start to finish. This took Uncharted's 2 spot as my favorite game of all time, Naughty Dog continues to wow me with each game they craft, while playing The Last Of Us I felt as if it were just me and the game, nothing else mattered, it was the most immersive game I've ever played. I simply didn't want the game to end, the story, I'veThe best game I've ever played, a true masterpiece from start to finish. This took Uncharted's 2 spot as my favorite game of all time, Naughty Dog continues to wow me with each game they craft, while playing The Last Of Us I felt as if it were just me and the game, nothing else mattered, it was the most immersive game I've ever played. I simply didn't want the game to end, the story, I've never felt this way about a game before. Expand
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    In a market that is filled with bland, repetitive and copy paste type games, it's nice to own a game that dares to be different. While some things might seem obvious, a lot of stuff is not. Most people will miss a lot of the fine details that are present within the game. Such as the many hidden Easter eggs and lore.
    Even characters will have their own surprises. Naughty dog does Survival
    Even characters will have their own surprises. Naughty dog does Survival horror justice, it depicts it's idea on how a post Apocalyptic world would look like, and does a good job doing so.

From start to finish you get to learn about the world, you get to know the characters and watch them grow as individuals. To me It was way more than a mere cinematic experience with gameplay elements. I felt a connection with the characters, I put myself in their shoes and asked myself what I would have done in certain situations. This is the first game since Bioshock 1 ("Would you kindly" message) that has tested my morals, my basic instincts/impulses and made me question my own logic behind the decisions I've made. Towards the end of this game I felt so connected to the characters that I would literally put myself in harms way just to protect Ellie, even though I knew she was just an A.I I felt as if I needed to be there for her.

One of the fun parts of this game is the way you struggle to get supplies, it's one of those games that "kinda forces" you to scavenge for resources or find those little treasures (not really necessary, but it does make your life easier). But it's not something that you will hate, it's not some tedious task. It's something that (at least in my experience) you will want to do, I spent hours on end, just looking around for pendants, comic books, health packs, crafting resources, tool kits, supplements and much more. I sat down reading notes, trying to learn as much as I could, always looking for clues as to what happened here, what happened to this family/person, trying to solve riddles such as why the world is the way it is, and I loved every second of it.

I spent 16 hours on this game on my first run through, most people will also finish the game at around this time. For anyone rushing the game it may last 8-10 hours on normal difficulty, but in doing so you miss so much of the game. I recommend you take your time, search every little inch of the world and have fun doing so.

The Last of Us may not be for everyone, but it's a game that gave me an awesome experience that I will not soon forget. I hope that you at least give the game a try, it might just be the best game you've played in a long time.
  26. Jun 26, 2013
    I went into this this game thinking it was kind of overhyped and overrated, however when I started playing I was almost immediately hooked. This title offers one of the greatest stories told in gaming, a cast of very well developed characters, and amazing graphics. Gameplay is pretty good too, although there have been a lot of complaints about the "clunky" shooting/ fighting mechanics, iI went into this this game thinking it was kind of overhyped and overrated, however when I started playing I was almost immediately hooked. This title offers one of the greatest stories told in gaming, a cast of very well developed characters, and amazing graphics. Gameplay is pretty good too, although there have been a lot of complaints about the "clunky" shooting/ fighting mechanics, i personally think that it makes the game more realistic. I was completely interested from start to finish as the suspense in this game is constant. At some points in the game, you will die many times and it is frustrating, but it never feels unfair as it makes you think of new ways to approach the situation at hand. The only negative thing I have to say is very minor and that is that the AI can't detect Ellie during stealth moments so she'll be doing something stupid like whistling, telling jokes, or sometimes even walking into enemy while you're trying to quietly sneak by. All in all, this is an amazing game, possibly the best PS3 exclusive available, and I would highly recommend it to anyone Expand
  27. Jul 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is an amazing experience from its incredibly lush graphics to the absolutely superb character animation and dialogue. It navigates through the ever popular post apocalyptic genre with great finesse and manages to tell a story all it's own. From the game play to the cinematic moments everything in this title is tailored to give the player an idea of the dire scope of JoelThe Last of Us is an amazing experience from its incredibly lush graphics to the absolutely superb character animation and dialogue. It navigates through the ever popular post apocalyptic genre with great finesse and manages to tell a story all it's own. From the game play to the cinematic moments everything in this title is tailored to give the player an idea of the dire scope of Joel and Ellie's harrowing journey through the remnants of society.

This is a great addition to any PS3 owners library and an amazing experience for any survival game enthusiast
  28. Jun 16, 2013
    Best game ever, I'm at the museum and I can't believe how so well made is everything... I don't get the bad critics, probably come from.angry xbox fans, there is nit other reason.
  29. Jun 17, 2013
    Game of the generation. I never thought I would give that title to a AAA title, but this game has it all. Great writing, amazing graphics, pitch-perfect gameplay, and loads of suspense. If Uncharted was a horror franchise it would be The Last of Us. Take all of the action/adventure set pieces of the UC franchise and turn them into suspense/horror. I was literally on the edge of my seatGame of the generation. I never thought I would give that title to a AAA title, but this game has it all. Great writing, amazing graphics, pitch-perfect gameplay, and loads of suspense. If Uncharted was a horror franchise it would be The Last of Us. Take all of the action/adventure set pieces of the UC franchise and turn them into suspense/horror. I was literally on the edge of my seat last night when I was playing this game. I think I'm pretty far in, and so far I'm completely blown away by how amazing this game is. If Naughty Dog could make this on the PS3, I can;'t wait to see what they do on the PS4. Expand
  30. Jun 15, 2013
    "...Even the best video games that have the most consistent worlds haven't been able to match their individual elements in such a way as to give you what Naughty Dog's game can give you..."

Greek Review http://goo.gl/2WUxN
  31. Jun 14, 2013
    This is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. GetThis is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. Get it people. Irs a must have foreach and every PS3 owner and every real gamer who appreciates real games...and art. Oh man its just so cool. So awsome.it deserved a 10 Expand
  32. Jun 15, 2013
    Dark, gritty, tense, some small things that make this THE GAME OF THE GENERATION! Not for the faint of heart. Some scenes really dig deep with the human fear to die, and really make you think about it.
  33. Jun 15, 2013
    A perfect combination of story, characters and atmosphere. This game speaks for itself. This is not just a game its an art. An unprecedented masterpiece in gaming industry to date.
  34. Jun 17, 2013
    This game will make you care about the characters, and you won't forget the story anytime soon. The fact that it is interactive makes you even more immersed in the experience than a movie ever would. I won't spoil it but it is the greatest story gaming has ever told.
    The gameplay is fresh and undeniably exciting, stealth is key, it isn't a ADHD shoot em up', and you won't be able to play it that way. The whole game has sense a suspense over it, you really don't know what will happen and you fear for the characters lives. The mood music helps this cause.
    I finished it awhile ago and i still can't stop thinking about, this game will literally make you believe there you are in an apocalypse.
    Naughty Dog has proven themselves as the best developer and the best teller of stories in gaming. The game is the by far the best of this generation, no other game comes close to touching it.
  35. Jun 16, 2013
    I bought The Last of Us: Survival Edition, and I have to say that I am really impressed, and really satisfied with what my money has bought me. The contents of the package exceeded all my expectations.

As for the game, incredible. Being a fan of Naughty Dog since their early development days, I have noticed they continue to shine by creating amazing works of art, and this game is at the top of the list. The story, cinematic's, modeling, texturing and game play overall is astounding. Being a 3d modeler, I can definitely appreciate the work that went into this. Completely blew my mind.
  36. Jun 15, 2013
    Pros: Excellent graphics for the nearly eight year old PS3 with consistently smooth frame rates and animations. The level design is not very complex, but the attention to detail is astounding. I never felt like I was visiting the same place twice. Areas are also designed in such a way that multiple paths or styles of play are possible for completing them. Great story, believable andPros: Excellent graphics for the nearly eight year old PS3 with consistently smooth frame rates and animations. The level design is not very complex, but the attention to detail is astounding. I never felt like I was visiting the same place twice. Areas are also designed in such a way that multiple paths or styles of play are possible for completing them. Great story, believable and memorable characters. Superb voice acting. The crafting system is not revolutionary but, because multiple items require the same materials, forces you to make tough decisions regarding what you think you will need and what kind of play style you're going for. For example, molotovs and med packs use the same supplies, so you're forced to balance increased offense with survival. Also, because crafting takes place in real time and because you can only carry a limited amount of equipment, you can't simply pause the game to craft a bomb and then throw it at your foes. Combat and stealth are really tense and every shot counts. You absolutely cannot run and gun this game.

Cons: Sometimes you have to figure out how to traverse certain areas in the game, a bit of light puzzle solving. But all of this boils down to searching an area for a ladder or plank and becomes pretty transparent after the first few times. Character movements and animations can sometimes get a bit clippy. When in melee combat a number of times, attacks would not connect when enemy NPCs were in certain animations. Additionally, my melee attacks also pushed NPCs into terrain or objects making me unable to hit them, but they were still able to attack me. I was forced to back up a bit and leave myself open to other attacks just so the NPC I was attacking would get itself unstuck. The stealth segments are great, but tend to break the immersion when you have Ellie or other friendly NPCs following you. Certain zombies in the game use sonar and are attracted to loud noises. You have to crouch and move very carefully, but the NPCs following you will often sprint short distances when these zombies are only a few yards away and no enemies are alerted. When sneaking around human NPCs, those following you will sometimes expose themselves trying to keep up with you but again not get detected by the enemy NPCs. I admit the game would be unnecessarily difficult if goofy AI quirks broke your stealth, but once you figure this out, stealth segments are far less challenging than they first appear.

The multiplayer at first glance appears tacked on, but the real time crafting is a major component of the gameplay. Sneaking around with your team, scavenging materials, and crafting equipment to use against your enemies is ridiculously rewarding. The multiplayer levels are well designed, too.

Even though I've never been a fan of the Uncharted games, I find The Last of Us way more enjoyable. The characters are more believable, the story is more engaging, and while the gameplay in some ways has less to offer, the real time crafting, tension, and pace of combat are way more impactful than what Uncharted offered.
  37. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematicI'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematic experience without sacrificing anything in the gameplay department. It's a survival game with a fantastic story and characters. Having to constantly scrounge around for supplies really gives you the feeling that you're doing whatever it takes to survive in this harsh world. Combat is always intense and brutal. I have to give special praise to the games satisfying melee combat because it's truly awesome. By far the best part of the story mode is the actual story. I don't want to spoil anything but I can tell you that it's an emotional tale filled with characters so human you can't help but care about them. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun and something different than the norm. You choose one of two factions and battle it out for supplies to grow your own virtual faction and keep them alive. The actual gameplay revolves around teamwork and making smart use of your limited supplies. Even in multiplayer you'll be scrounging to survive. The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that pull you in and wont let you go. Go pick it up now, if you don't you wont just be missing out on one of the best games of this year, but also one of the best games of all time. Expand
  38. Jun 16, 2013
    This is truly a brilliant masterpiece of a game, it has one of the best and most powerful openings to a game I have seen, and the story does not stop with these kind of moments. The characters are the most believable characters I have seen in a game to date, and the story is top notch. And the pacing is perfected I think.

The gameplay is some of the best third person action I have

The gameplay is some of the best third person action I have played, the sneaking is great and better than some games that focus on stealth, but the action is just brutal and so exhilarating. There is not that many games that makes the blood pump with excitement like this game. The graphics are amazing for PS3, some of the characters looks better than anything I have seen, even games on PC which have generally better graphics, can't compare to the amazing detail on some of the characters in this game.
    I wish it was released on PC, as some higher res and AA would have made this game one of the best looking games ever, but still it looks more than good enough.

The game is long to, which is great as I spent a bit over 15 hours to finish the game, and I did not wish it to end at all, so I really hope there will be some sequels for this series.

Naughty Dog is one of the reasons why you would buy a PS3, and I truly hope that a sequel to this game comes out to the PS4. If they can make something this great for PS3, then I can't even imagine what they have in store for the PS4. This is the best game for a console yet, and that says a lot.

If you own a PS3 and never play this, you don't deserve to own a PS3 as it is the best way to end the current generation of consoles.
  39. Jun 16, 2013
    I just finished this game and Naughty Dog did it again. They are the best developers by far and they delivered their best game to date. The Game looks stunning, the atmosphere gives you chills at times and the game as a whole is nearly perfect. It reminded me a lot of Walking Dead and other Survival/Zombie Movies and the story was really interesting and was a perfect fit. The animationsI just finished this game and Naughty Dog did it again. They are the best developers by far and they delivered their best game to date. The Game looks stunning, the atmosphere gives you chills at times and the game as a whole is nearly perfect. It reminded me a lot of Walking Dead and other Survival/Zombie Movies and the story was really interesting and was a perfect fit. The animations and soundeffects are top notch, i cant recall a game with better animations. The Crafting system is interesting, you constantly search for loot and this is finally a game where you really have to make every bullet count. There were a couple of times where i had 5 shots left and had to manage somehow. This added to the tension a lot and made it even better. There is so much small stuff to explore, the world feels real and believable. I seriously can´t point out a single bit i didn´t like, this is the best game of this console generation. Seriously play this game! Even the length was good. It took me 12.30 hours to finish it, but i didn´t find every hidden detail. I will replay the game for sure and get everything next time. I just had to know how it ended.
    I can´t wait for Naughty Dogs next game, they deliver the best gaming experiences that you can get.
  40. Jun 15, 2013
    What a game. From the visuals and voice acting, to the tight and high stakes combat system this game has it all. My only complaint is the slow character progression in the first play through. Resources are scarce and scavenging consumes an appropriate amount of time while maintaining the flow of the game. Nothing like walking into a room full of clickers with one shiv and two bullets. I amWhat a game. From the visuals and voice acting, to the tight and high stakes combat system this game has it all. My only complaint is the slow character progression in the first play through. Resources are scarce and scavenging consumes an appropriate amount of time while maintaining the flow of the game. Nothing like walking into a room full of clickers with one shiv and two bullets. I am thoroughly enjoying The Last of Us and recommend it to anyone curious about the Naughty Dog Apocalypse. Expand
  41. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. best game i have played this gen nothing come close to it story AI gameplay music
    the story is very deep and rish
    you care abot the characters
    the music is top notch
    the AI have minor flaws yet better than any game i have played

The Last Of Us is a Masterpiece
  42. Jun 16, 2013
    This game brings back the survival-horror and stealth genre into business, with tight controls, like a polished Uncharted if you must. Totally immersive dialogue, sound and graphics, and the story is nicely spread out through cut-scenes and in-game dialogue-- and everything, from the story to the gameplay, is nicely constructed in a learn-as-you go structure. The gunplay could be better,This game brings back the survival-horror and stealth genre into business, with tight controls, like a polished Uncharted if you must. Totally immersive dialogue, sound and graphics, and the story is nicely spread out through cut-scenes and in-game dialogue-- and everything, from the story to the gameplay, is nicely constructed in a learn-as-you go structure. The gunplay could be better, but over-all this is a must buy, genre redefining, swan song for the PS3. Expand
  43. Jun 15, 2013
    Amazing game. I woke up to play it this morning played for 10 hours, than started on a harder difficulty. Really great story, has an emotional weight laced throughout the game, and had great game play to boot with the addition of the crafting system. Definitely a must own, and game of the year. Story beats the Walking dead telltale series, and Infinite Story. If you can handle the tearAmazing game. I woke up to play it this morning played for 10 hours, than started on a harder difficulty. Really great story, has an emotional weight laced throughout the game, and had great game play to boot with the addition of the crafting system. Definitely a must own, and game of the year. Story beats the Walking dead telltale series, and Infinite Story. If you can handle the tear jerking I highly suggest you get this game and experience the pS3s Swan Song. Expand
  44. Jun 18, 2013
    From the time this game starts to when it ends, The Last Of Us is truly a breathtaking experience. Naughty Dog has managed to craft a game that truly resonates with the players through an emotional story and perfectly developed characters. I've used a lot to big words to describe this game so far,, but what really makes this game truly special is the amount of detail and love that NaughtyFrom the time this game starts to when it ends, The Last Of Us is truly a breathtaking experience. Naughty Dog has managed to craft a game that truly resonates with the players through an emotional story and perfectly developed characters. I've used a lot to big words to describe this game so far,, but what really makes this game truly special is the amount of detail and love that Naughty Dog put into this game. You can tell that they put every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears into this game, and it shines through the incredibly smooth engine utilized by TLOU. I've intentionally left this review spoiler free, so if you want to know more specifics feel free to look online, but by all thats holy BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  45. Jun 16, 2013
    Absolute perfection. I didn't think a game would beat Bioshock Infinite this year, but I just completed the game that did. This game had everything, and everything was perfect. The most emotional intro to a game I've ever played. The best character/player involvement, and the best emotional ride I've ever experienced from a video game. It will take a long time for this game to beAbsolute perfection. I didn't think a game would beat Bioshock Infinite this year, but I just completed the game that did. This game had everything, and everything was perfect. The most emotional intro to a game I've ever played. The best character/player involvement, and the best emotional ride I've ever experienced from a video game. It will take a long time for this game to be dethroned. Right now I have to say it. "Best. Game. Ever! Expand
  46. Jun 16, 2013
    Masterful. Environments are beautiful. Game play is deep. The characters are ones that you actually care for. And the story one of the best in gaming. The ending is truly amazing. You must play this game. It might not be for everyone, but if you've got no problems with some freaky mutated zombies, then play this game.
  47. GFC
    Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start this review I will just say I haven't come close to beating this game yet. I have made it to around when you meet Bill for the first time. Well anyways the story so far. It starts off as you playing as Joel's daughter. She woke up from a phone call then went off to find her dad. After an explosion her dad comes in the house. That is where you encounter your first zombie. You get a vehicle with Tommy? He wasn't in the game to much so far so sorry if I got the name wrong. After some retards getting in your way Joel"s daughter gets shot starting off the game From that moment on you know this will be a very sad story. 20 years later Joel is in a little apartment were a girl who seems to be friends with Joel shows up. I forgot her name as well so lets call her Plot Point. The two of them want to kill some guy who stole their guns. After some serious ass kicking Joel and Plot Point find out he sold the guns to the Fireflies. Then out of nowhere the leader of the fireflies shows up. She tells the they have to smuggle something to get their guns back. It turns out the thing they are smuggling is a girl named Ellie. So then Joel and Plot point take Ellie and they proceed to smuggle her. After some luck it turns put Ellie was bitten three weeks ago. When bitten it takes up to 2 days to turn. So Ellie explains to them she might be the cure. After going to the main Firefly place it turns out they just left. that is where it turns out Plot Point was bitten. She wasn't in the game very much and didn't have much character progession so I wasn't sad from her death. I feel like most other characters aren't developed enough so I wonder why even bring them in? After that the plot just kind of goes on.

As for the gameplay it is pure survival horror. There are three enemy types. Infected, Clickers and people. All these enemies feel natural because none of them are overpowered. Humans because they think logically and its easy to shoot them. Infected because they are stupid. And then there are clickers who are interesting. If I clicker gets to you, you are dead. But their downfall is they are blind and they see through sounds much like bats. When ever there is an enemy I feel a rush, Also this game is very stealth based. Since it stays true to survival horror ammo is rare. There are many ways to kill your enemies and I like that.

Some finishing thoughts:

This game looks FANTASTIC! I have never seen a game more beautiful. Also the voice acting is great. It brings the characters to life.

I was going to give this game and 8 from silly things in the story and from under developed characters but Joel and Ellie easily gives this game a 9/10

-GFC
  48. Jun 23, 2013
    The only thing I can really say about The Last of Us is that its something, as a gamer, your gonna want to experience. It has no Uncharted esc moments of epic superhero fun. In fact in this game you can't really say that you are playing as "heroes" and the people you are brutally killing, aren't always bad guys. Its the sort of game that sends chills up your back and keeps you up at nightThe only thing I can really say about The Last of Us is that its something, as a gamer, your gonna want to experience. It has no Uncharted esc moments of epic superhero fun. In fact in this game you can't really say that you are playing as "heroes" and the people you are brutally killing, aren't always bad guys. Its the sort of game that sends chills up your back and keeps you up at night after you finish it. I can't recommend this enough to lovers of good games or good stories. Not only is this a definitive system seller for the Playstation is cements Naughty Dog as a system seller themselves. After seeing this sort of game I don't need to have an announcement or knowledge of what NG will bring to the PS4. Just knowing that they're gonna keep making games is enough to make me fork out my cash and put my faith in Playstation. Expand
  49. Jun 16, 2013
    There isn't a game that can be called "perfect", however there are games where the pros are so many and are so perfectly executed that there is no way a couple of flaws in the game are going to affect your entire experience while playing it.
    The Last of Us is one of those games where even if the game has his fare share of flaws they never seemed to affect the entire experience.
    The good
    The good things about the game are well... pretty much everything that you would consider to make an amazing modern game, everything is in there, the voice acting is incredible, the graphics and visuals are stunning.
    Meanwhile i was playing i couldn't avoid to just stop for a minute to look at every inch of detail that is being put on to the graphics, is just stunningly beautiful to just see how much effort was put into this specific department.
    Aside from that, the gameplay is just excellent.
    To me playing the last of us was an amazing experience, that not that many games out there makes me have for so long as the last of us has had me experiencing, the crafting system is clean, fast, easy, and rewarding, whenever i felt like i was in a foxhole because a hunter was coming straight at me, i just went and checked what i could craft that might kill him or at least distract him long enough for me to make my next move, and the end result was just him going up into flames caused by the just crafted molotov that i threw to him.
    The story is the huge thing about "The Last of Us" is just one of those stories that keep getting much more complex and at the same time much more interesting while you keep playing it through, without getting to a point where it becomes tedious or annoyingly complex like some other amazing games might happen to have.
    Every character is just extremely likable, even the ones that want you to feel mildly disgusted by them they just seem to have such an appreciation that comes from the player just on how well done they are for you to feel that way about them.
    This being made by the excellent voice acting the top notch animations both in cutscenes and in gameplay and of course the stunning visuals that are the most noticeable aspect of the game by many.
    So the story is excellent, the graphics are gorgeous, and the gameplay is fun and entertaining, well, how about the audio, the voice acting and the animations?
    Im pleased to say that each and every single one of those departments delivers such an awesome and dedicated job just as the others.
    The voice acting is amazing one of the best i've ever heard in any video game, is just flawless in most of the different situations that you hear it.
    You can tell when they're scared and shocked by something, even if in some cases it my recycle, like when you bash someones skull with a pipe and then you take cover, Ellie would say "holy s**t Joel!" and then you just go and shoot someone in the head and she would say the line again. But it's never something that breaks you out of the experience although is something obviously noticeable.
    The animations are are the most incredible animations that i've ever seen in a game in my life, and i've played pretty much 90% of games that have come out since the snes, is just flawless when i saw Joel's mouth cringe and his general facial expression showing a sign of struggle coming from a hunter trying to slit his throat with a glass shard, it just adds so much to the experience seeing the animations of this game perform flawlessly in combat or in different small chats that Joel and Ellie might have from time to time.

In conclusion i think "The Last of Us" is the best game for the ps3 and one of the best games that i've ever played is just impressive how Naughty Dog just used every single tool from modern technology and managed to deliver an incredible experience that is gruesome, heartbreaking, and extremely violent in every single way possible, and at the same time just leave you with your stomach tight, your head still and your jaw dropped from playing such a masterpiece.
  50. Jun 17, 2013
    WOW! WOW! WOW! I can just keep saying this because that's what this game is... it's WOW! I cannot stop playing this game. I am already thinking of playing it again, and I'm not even done with it! Just simply amazing!
  51. Jun 15, 2013
    Okay, currently this game is rivalling Uncharted 2 and MGS4 for the best game of this gen.

This game is not afraid to KICK YOU IN THE BALLS, over and over and over again. You'll know what I mean once you play it. The paralyzing opening sequence is one of the best of all time. This game is also the first game ever to be genuinely SCARY. It's the only time in any game (or movie because

This game is also the first game ever to be genuinely SCARY. It's the only time in any game (or movie because horror movies suck these days and are predictable) that I've actually felt fear. The dark areas with clickers will make your heart pound constantly.

And the jaw-dropping artistic visuals, expert voice acting, and insanely detailed animations are the best on consoles ever.

The multiplayer, too, gives the same experience as the story, due to its brilliant design. It feels extremely tense, and sometimes scary too, with so many video-worthy moments per match. Think of a survival-themed SOCOM. Yeah it's almost that tactical.

If you're reading this review, it means you're not playing the game. So get back to playing it!

IN NAUGHTY GOD WE TRUST

Also, who are these poor jealous pathetic xbox teenagers coming here to rage and give this game a zero for a save bug that could be fixed by restarting the system and no progress was lost. (and the bug itself was fixed within hours of the game's release)
  52. Jun 19, 2013
    i had just finished this game and i have say this... this game is epic mind blowing character design is awesome chemistry between Joel and Ellie cool cinematic cut screen epic way capture the emotion action all of plants type zombie where really cool the gun fight between other survivor and bandits where not to bad my personally favorite was Ellie she love to swear a lot lol

to see

to see drama go thru this horror apocalyptic setting was intense and really capture the thrill
    i give this game 10 out of 10
  53. Jun 25, 2013
    A beautiful and emotional piece of art. A magical world that is completed by amazing characters. All items are brought to perfection, is one of the more important games in the history of the computer game.
  54. Jun 14, 2013
    Probably the most emotive and engaging game I have played in years. The shooting mechanics and repetitive combat are the only reasons this doesn't get a 10
  55. Jun 15, 2013
    Im giving this game a 10 out of 10, wish I could give it more. This game is a mixture of amazing voice acting, stunning visuals, great graphics,immersive AND believe world, realistic and attaching characters, and some solid and smooth stealth gameplay. Overall this game is right down my alley in terms of what I like, story driven game, post-apocalyptic world, AMAZING soundtrack. Masterpiece.
  56. Jun 15, 2013
    15 hours in this game i dont know why people talkin about graphics,graphics are insane legendary gameplay ,great conversation it is a masterpiece.
  57. Jun 16, 2013
    Very dark, brutal, and visceral game. The depiction of the last surviving humans after a apocalyptic/extinction event, has never been shown better in a video game. After completing the game, and looking back at everything that took place, I kind of understand not only the main characters but the actions taken by everyone in the game. Gameplay is fairly simplistic and perhaps a littleVery dark, brutal, and visceral game. The depiction of the last surviving humans after a apocalyptic/extinction event, has never been shown better in a video game. After completing the game, and looking back at everything that took place, I kind of understand not only the main characters but the actions taken by everyone in the game. Gameplay is fairly simplistic and perhaps a little repetitive for some, and is the only reason its not getting a 10, However the game excels with the voice performances and writing. Expand
  58. Jun 18, 2013
    The last of us is simple mind blowing, the story it tells and the way it tells it, along with the fluint gameplay makes this debatable the best game within the past 5 years, even better than telltales walking dead, 2k's bioshock infinite, better than ubisofts AC II. This is something you must own, theres no words to explain how good it is, honestly ive only come to find 1 glitch throughoutThe last of us is simple mind blowing, the story it tells and the way it tells it, along with the fluint gameplay makes this debatable the best game within the past 5 years, even better than telltales walking dead, 2k's bioshock infinite, better than ubisofts AC II. This is something you must own, theres no words to explain how good it is, honestly ive only come to find 1 glitch throughout the whole game and all it was was ellie going through me and that was once. It has only the most mior glitch it has great multiplayer that doesnt lag at all, it has the greatest campaign of all time. Expand
  59. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is superb. I'm at a loss of words when trying to figure out how Naughty Dog could come up with such a masterpiece, but yet again, when have they not? This is a must own for ALL gamers.
  60. Jun 16, 2013
    Honestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This shouldHonestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This should be experienced by everyone. Expand
  61. Jun 17, 2013
    To Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides BioshockTo Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides Bioshock infinite has a score of 9.4/8.5 so your argument is invalid. Giving this game a 0 is unnecessary. You clearly have a sour taste in your mouth. A game of this caliber does other deserve a zero. There are FAR worse. Let's just put it this way, your all haters.

-my review in a nutshell-
    Compelling story.
    Great graphics.
    Smooth game play.
    Entertaining Multiplayer.
  62. Jun 15, 2013
    Very nice game. I play something about 2 hours, but was enough to make this review.
    The graphics is the best of ps3, however make we miss the next gen or a game for hardcore pc.

The story is very nice, the ambient is very beatiful. I didnt look for multiplayer yet.
  63. Jun 15, 2013
    I have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. NothingI have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. Nothing makes me feel better than putting someone in a sleeper hold and being able to turn the camera and see the perfeft expression, rather than most games where they pass out with this face And *short tiny unimportant spoiler) when the first important character dies, the FACIAL EXPRESSION URGHHH eminated real emotions :P anyways completely worth the money. Why are you still reading this you could've bought the game already and seen for yourself. ALSO if you can't appreciate a good game and prefer something like Dead Island, I pity your console. Expand
  64. Jun 14, 2013
    Yet another amazing game from the studio Naughty Dog. Phenomenal voice acting, gameplay, soundtrack, immersion, atmosphere. The multiplayer is also very interesting with its tense, strategic, gameplay mechanics. You know you are getting your money's worth and more when you purchase a Naughty Dog game.
  65. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games this gen. I'm not overhyping it to get people to buy it. Nope. This is a genuine review. The Last of Us is a masterpiece, in ever way. From story to gameplay to graphics (which might not seem that impressive to some after the next gen reveals at E3) to voice acting, etc. The game is simply perfect. Get it as soon as possible.
  66. Jun 15, 2013
    TLOU is the best game I have ever played to date. Never mind about the negative comments which I believe came from users who never played the game. If you are a gamer get this game ASAP.
  67. Jun 15, 2013
    A masterpiece! What I look for in a game is how well I am immersed. This game is completely gripping. Its long there is no follow me markers on the characters and it seamlessly blends realism and fiction. Just Incredibly well done. Did I mention how gorgeous the graphics are?
  68. Jun 14, 2013
    Para empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficosPara empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficos son realmente geniales, el entorno, la atmósfera que transmite el juego es genial! al que le gusta ir con paciencia y no corriendo y matando, este es tu juego para jugarlo muchas horas! Ojo a mi me gusta jugar flippers! Expand
  69. Jun 15, 2013
    I haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almostI haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almost every time an event occur in this game... Also the characters, even the secondary ones, are absolutely memorable and you can feel they are truly alive with their fears and motivations. The atmosphere is absolutely phenomenal with all those plants growing trough the city concrete, the dak zones where you need your torch (which finally it's of unlimited use). The game punishes you so hard if you play trigger happy or if you take damage relying on the health packs that you will realize how easy are the vast majority of the games we actually play. If you are looking for an Uncharted type of game with its one-liners, grenades, assault rifles,regenerative health bars... just forget it. If you want to live a different really hardcore experience with scarce checkpoints just buy the game, select the hard difficulty and let the game drive you to the best experience in gaming i had in years. Expand
  70. Jun 14, 2013
    this is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying everythis is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying every min i play. this game is a must buy Expand
  71. Jun 17, 2013
    As much as the game's presentation is fantastic, I can't help but escape the feeling that for most of the game, I'm playing a film. This screams great things for the graphics, level design and voice acting, however not being in the action can make the game feel slow and, at times, there is no real urgency to press on. On top of this, the game's difficulty appears to increase dramaticallyAs much as the game's presentation is fantastic, I can't help but escape the feeling that for most of the game, I'm playing a film. This screams great things for the graphics, level design and voice acting, however not being in the action can make the game feel slow and, at times, there is no real urgency to press on. On top of this, the game's difficulty appears to increase dramatically in the first few hours of the story; after complaining about one Clicker accompanied by three or four Runners (not because I thought it was too much, Clickers just require an element of tactical play), I was shortly presented with a situation in which I was expected to fend off upwards of three Clickers. Dying in what is effectively one hit can be frustrating, although it becomes quite rewarding when you achieve what you set out to in situations dealing with the infected.
    The Last of Us is without a doubt the best looking console game to have existed, and the immersive gameplay does well to keep you interested in the story. I cannot comment on the multiplayer as I have not yet tried it, however I have heard good things about it.
  72. Aug 20, 2013
    I have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you newI have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you new abilities in combat. Overall this game is almost without flaws. Get this game, submerge yourself in its world, explore the world and characters that naughty dog have created for us. Amazing. Expand
  73. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. EitherOne of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. Either way, the stealth aspect is very rewarding. It's excellent, no doubt. Easy GOTY candidate. Expand
  74. Jun 14, 2013
    Perfection this game is awesome omg, must buy, recommended to anyone 17+, only suitable for the mature crowd, but what a ride. I simply dont understand the nay sayers, but as with anything there will be haters
  75. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOROne of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOR XBOX pay attention to that detail.. a 10/10 masterpiece mark. Yeah.. How realible is their criteria huh? I can do nothing but laugh at their stupidity The game is a masterpiece simply as that. The ones who are real gamer will enjoy it. The ones who started playing this generation will eventually get bored since they doo not know nothing about videogamjes. I actually readone guy saying 10 minutes in cover because of the licer.. that is not fun at all'' Here`s your answer You suck at playing real video games.. Go and play Halo or COD or another generic shooter like fast food for the moroons with bitter taste :P ...

Wann keep fighting lowering the socre? Bring it on.. I`lll raise it till heaven.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  76. Jun 15, 2013
    After a ridiculously long download time that set me back by an entire day, I finally played the game, and I'm at 46% completion (according to my save file).

I really like it, the slow movement actually works well with the pacing and seem very realistic. the characters are great, and the environments make sense. It's has some very classic survival horror elements (dark, claustrophobic

It's has some very classic survival horror elements (dark, claustrophobic areas, enemies that respond to different things (some sight, some sound). It works very well.

As for the downsides, they're mostly minor, I wish there was a wider array of melee options, large melee weapons are either 2x4's, baseball bats, or pipes, though you can attach blades to them later for a single use instant-kill).

The small melee weapons, are either bottles, or bricks... which might be my biggest gripe... why can't I use a big rock? or hell, I can use bat, why not the baseball? Hit someone in the face with a baseball, and you can do some serious damage...

The only bug I've come across was one time during a tough fight, The enemy got hung up on a railing that was below me, but still within striking distance, it basically allowed him to punch me to death, while I was unable to hit back or break loose, but that only happened the once.'

Overall, a GREAT game
  77. Jun 18, 2013
    Stellar graphics, Great Story, Awesome Gameplay. This game takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions, so don't even think about missing it. It is honestly like playing a movie.
  78. Jun 16, 2013
    Last Of Us is an action oriented 3rd person shooter with some survival moments. The story is what makes this game epic! The story is deep and captivating and you'll love the main characters. Fighting to survive in a world of doom is something a lot of developers are doing nowadays. Naughty Dog found the middle road between a great story and entertaining game play. The story takes place atLast Of Us is an action oriented 3rd person shooter with some survival moments. The story is what makes this game epic! The story is deep and captivating and you'll love the main characters. Fighting to survive in a world of doom is something a lot of developers are doing nowadays. Naughty Dog found the middle road between a great story and entertaining game play. The story takes place at the beginning of the outbreak and takes you across the country meeting new NPC's and discovering new areas. Spectacular graphics and great voice acting also help tell this epic story (one of the best cinematics up to now). Notable game play elements are, the shooting mechanics and cover system are one of the best I've seen to date (smooth and responsive). Crafting ability is simple to understand and use. You can also upgrade your characters skills and weapons. For me the most disappointing thing was there just was too much combat as I was expecting less. In combat situations Naughty Dog does give you the option to either do stealth or guns a blazing if you prefer. For casual gamers I recommend to put this game on easy setting so you can enjoy the story with less frustration at certain times. At the end I was greatly satisfied with The Last OF Us and I do recommend buying this one. Expand
  79. Jun 16, 2013
    Trust me people yes the gameplay and story start off slow but if you give a chance it starts to kick in around the 3 hour mark your're in for one hell of a ride trust me
  80. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is AMAZING, very good plot, breathtaking graphics for a console game, controls are perfect for a survival game. And you'd think the multiplayer's nothing special, but surprisingly it's awesome.
  81. Jun 17, 2013
    A truly brilliant game minus the awful upgrade system and terrible A.I for Ellie, not game of the year it has nothing on Bioshock infinite but never the less truly stunning. It is quite a shame that this isnt multiplatform, i would love to play it on PC
  82. Jun 25, 2013
    What can I say? The game is a masterpiece in story telling and and a brilliant exhibition of gameplay.

The controls are tight and intuitive, whether shooting the infected, strangling hunters or traversing the world. The game itself is well paced, enough action and down time to keep up excitement as well as time to immerse oneself in the world, the environments of post pandemic America.

The dialogue is well scripted and acted, while avoiding Cliches masterfully.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. 10/10.
  83. Jun 18, 2013
    They made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll beThey made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll be frustrated because you don't have it down yet, and then just puts you right in it and you're just wrapped up in the story you won't want to quit. The music is great, the character development is the best I've seen. This is no Hollywood Uncharted game like a Jason Stratham movie this is like Breaking Bad, The Killing, the Walking Dead, it's just fantastic. I haven't touched the multi-player, but that's supposed to be pretty fantastic as well. 10/10, the xbots are missing out on greatness. Expand
  84. Jun 16, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game just beat it for the first time, words cannot explain...PLAY IT AND PLAY IT NOW THEN PLAY IT 20 MORE TIMES THEN MAYBE 5 MORE TIMES JUST TO BE SAFE
  85. Jun 25, 2013
    I don't know what to say about this game, first of all, if game developers are brilliant enough to personally hand over to you a emotional connection to the characters in the first 20 minutes of the game, they should be given an award. The gameplay was was extremely difficult, which added to the fun of the game, I had to try my best to learn new ways around certain areas, and do everythingI don't know what to say about this game, first of all, if game developers are brilliant enough to personally hand over to you a emotional connection to the characters in the first 20 minutes of the game, they should be given an award. The gameplay was was extremely difficult, which added to the fun of the game, I had to try my best to learn new ways around certain areas, and do everything I could to properly get through a building, hell, just a small obstacle, like snow, can change the entire game you're playing, which is a really great mechanic. Although this made me mad, EXTREMELY mad, at some points, like that snow part, but, it was still amazing! The story was overall emotionally heartbreaking, and when I mean emotionally heartbreaking, I mean that I had such a connection with the characters, that at the end of it, I felt like I needed more of the game, not only that, but after beating the game, I went in my brothers room, watching him play Skyrim for at least 3 hours because I was extremely upset, thinking about the last hour of the game. It's also really long, and it has ton of replay value, more or less, this game is a masterpiece, theres is usually only 1 or maybe 2 game every year that I love this much, and I am happy that The Last of Us is the one I have committed to and complete, and I have never made a review this long, because there weren't many other games that I could write a review this long for. Here's a tip, if you happen to be reading this, buy this game, and if you don't, trust me and all the critics, and user reviewers, this game, is brilliant on every level. Expand
  86. Jun 14, 2013
    Even though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, soEven though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, so is the story (this is no funny action adventure like uncharted, expect less laughs :P). Extremely nice shadows and lightning for a dx9 game. There are still small sound bugs, and sometimes clipping issues, but the more complex a game gets the more bugs sneak in.

I beat 1/3 of the game, and so far the story is damn entertaining. its an pretty rough world, but believable as well. i had many jaw dropping moments, and there will be even more following for sure. if you like uncharted, then you know naughtydog's skills. this game differs in the gameplay alot, dont think its gonna feel like uncharted.
  87. Jun 14, 2013
    The glitch/bug preventing people from saving has been fixed. Slight bug in the first patch was quickly removed. Any scores based on that should be ignore as the problem is now solved. Go enjoy this amazing game worry free.
  88. Jun 14, 2013
    Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

With that being said this game is fantastic. I haven't beaten it yet but the game is quality from every point. Visuals, combat, dialogue, crafting items, upgrading weapons, and even using a shiv to jimmy open a door during the down time scavenging the ruins of abandon cities is fun. I don't know what else to say, do some research watch some gameplay, interviews with the creators and then make the decision for yourself.
  89. Jun 17, 2013
    This is a game that brings together many familiar ideas from the great games of my childhood and pulls them all off spectacularly well. The voice acting/motion capture is the best I've seen in a video game & the writing top notch to match. There is much to be found in the wonderful tale. P.S. Multiplayer (and I never play this part of games) is actually really fun!
  90. Jun 17, 2013
    -Delete my other review i give tlou a 10/10 not 4!!!

-Delete my other review i give tlou a 10/10 not 4!!!

Ok first off where to start in response to Calvincrack you have some major issues son....ADD probably the main one...to say these characters are mildly fleshed out & your not the only person but in going to pick on you anyway....mildly fleshed out are you actually smoking crack then? Did you play the game with your eyes shut & the volume on mute or something? This of all points is by far the most ridiculous thing I've read in these hater reviews!!! Joel & Ellie are by far two of the best developed characters of any game in history, the fact that you build a connection to both characters & develop a sense of protectiveness over Ellie is absolutely astounding for a video game & it shows how far the industry has matured unlike your brain. I mean did you really play the game with a preconceived notion that you won't like it just because it got 27 10/10s or are you also a bioshock infinite fan? I've played hundreds of games & character wise nothing compares!! If you paid attention, listened to every word spoken, interacted with every optional conversation then there's no way you could say these characters are underdeveloped it's plain stupidity on your part! I guess your just a COD kid who has no clue as to what makes a good game & good story....maybe there wasn't enough explosion for you to get excited over!! Oh and because there isn't a scripted set piece every 30secs maybe that's why you didn't enjoy it....BUT this is where you made the mistake of assuming this was uncharted2 because its not!! No where near because its not meant to be....it's a completely different tone & genre! This game is about subtle details, the ambience of a post apocalyptic world, the sheer beauty of the world that's been created is phenomenal on (7yr old hardware-and people moan about a few popups or graphical glitches here & there?!!nonsense/nitpicking fools...name 1 game with no errors...ye thought so) ...each room tells a story of the deceased, there's so many finite details in this game that it blows my mind every time I find something new!! The gameplay is also amazing, a guy said its all the same? What the? There's melee, melee with bats,wood,machetes etc multiple weapons-guns,rifles,bows etc & there's items you craft which adds like another 3-4 methods to dispatch enemies...I guess the guy that complained was just terrible at the game if all he did was punch every enemy!! The sound is pitch perfect & quite haunting from the clickers etc....another major beef I have with haters is that they think this is a survival zombie game...ND never said that they never titled it a zombie game? The infected are infected they don't die & come back to life they are infected & the cordyceps take control of the brain-people say this isn't an original idea but compared to every zombie game ever released which has a generic zombie I would say its definitely unique!! I think it's fantastic! I don't think I'll ever play a game that gripped me or made me have an emotional connection to the characters like this ever again in my life! Unless naughty dog pull it off again! But I doubt this can be topped!! I would strongly recommend this game to anyone who has a decent IQ, doesn't play COD....& doesn't rely on explosions & bullet time effects to think a game is cool, who want an amazing story driven game, to see two characters be developed masterfully & to see the end outcome & just experience a post apocalyptic America looking gorgeously crafted on the PS3!!
  91. Sep 9, 2013
    It's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might beIt's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might be turned off by this who would rather play games that allows them to sustain massive amount of damage, but I believe in a genre game like this, the combat fits in perfectly. Naughty Dog was already the masters of great graphics, but this game really tops everything they've done so far from the graphics, texture and lighting, it's all marvelous. I don't do multiplayer, so I can't comment on that aspect. But basing the score on single player alone...it's an easy ten. Expand
  92. Nov 5, 2013
    THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. The story telling is incredible, the characters are incredible, and the graphics are incredible. It is absolutely a must play game.
  93. Oct 16, 2013
    This game doesn't need any more positive reviews to be honest. Everyone should now know how amazing it is.

It's one of those games that makes you wonder if you're ever going to experience another game like it, and then you start worrying that maybe you won't and then will gaming will lose all it's enjoyment..

You get the picture. It's amazing. Get it.
  94. Sep 3, 2013
    Best Game Ever Made!!.The Story is absolutely well written and characters voice acting is superb.The gameplay mechanics are truely next gen and the music is mind-blowing.
  95. Oct 1, 2013
    "The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story"The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story progresses, there are multiple moments where I noticed myself tearing up and getting a lump in my throat. These moments don’t only occur during the cinematic cut scenes, but through normal game play, especially as you near the end.

The story of “The Last of Us” is about survival as our heroes try to make it to the Fireflies, a resistance group, to find a cure for the infestation of plant-like zombies. Along the way they face the infected and other humans who, much like them, are trying to survive the harsh environment created by the infected outbreak. Through this journey, themes of survival, sacrifice, loyalty, fate, and hope are all tackled and handled very well to where by the end, you begin to question some of the decisions made by the characters.

The game play is superb and the controls are solid. I had a weird time adjusting to the controls, but within a couple of hours, I couldn’t imagine myself playing it any other way. The game play on the other hand is quit satisfying. The melee, shooting, stealth, and cover system are all executed well. The great part about the game play is that it requires the player to think, rather than just rely on a couple of weapons or strategies. Ammo is very scarce and guns in general attract a lot of attention, so when playing you must be smart about using it. Weapons also break and you are required to make some of them yourself, however, the challenge is finding the right materials. This game is also pretty hard. The A.I. is incredibly intelligent as they react to your slightest mistakes and capitalize on it. So you’ll be in constant terror of enemies appearing out of nowhere and just ruining some of your progress.

The characters, Joel and Ellie, are fantastically written. Joel is a hardened survivor, who has a lot of baggage and is very closed off emotionally, but also has a strong protective instinct. Ellie is a foul mouthed teenager, who, much like Joel, is all alone in this world and has to learn to grow and become more independent. There are so many little quirks to these characters that make them seem so very real and relateable. For instance, when nothing is happening and Joel is just scavenging around, Ellie will start whistling or humming. These little things make us fall in love with these characters. Their interactions are charming as they have a father daughter relationship and it great watching it develop. All the supporting characters are fantastic as well and one thing to really appreciate is that there are no blatant black and white character. Not even our heroes can be justified as “do-gooders” as everyone has a reason for what they are doing. The voice work is some of the best I’ve ever heard. The voice actors really put a lot of effort into making these characters radiate off the screen.

Visually this game is amazing. The character designs and movement are pleasing to the eyes. The bleak and apocalyptic world that has been crafted is something to marvel at as there are a lot of little things to look out for. The architecture and environments all have a story to tell of what might have happened. It’s a world that we don’t want to live in as there is nothing that remotely resembles an ideal living location. However, when, we actually do see signs of beauty, much like how the characters react, we too get a sense of wonderment. The musical score is also beautiful. Most of the time it’s very subtle and almost not there, but when something is about to go down, it kicks in. Giving us feelings of sheer fear for our lives in the more survival orientated moments to a more emotional sensation in the intense story driven moments.

Overall, “The Last of Us” is a truly amazing game that must be experienced by everyone and has become my personal favorite of all time. It is a game that isn’t revolutionary in its concept, but groundbreaking in its execution. From strong game play, to likable and relateable characters, to an intense story and emotionally draining experience, this game defies expectations and becomes a new standard for the industry. I give it an extremely high 5/5, an experience unlike anything else and the ending will leave you speechless.

Having waited several months to write this review, I have come to the conclusion that “The Last of Us” is one of the greatest games ever made. From a storytelling perspective, it is a game that is as revolutionary to the industry as Mario was for the very first time so long ago. Naughty Dog has made a game that is going to shift the way story is going to be handled in video games. Much like how many games after “Uncharted 2: Among Theives” released became more cinematic and like a Hollywood blockbuster, “The Last of Us” is going to make developers want to create a more intimate and a more emotional experience with characters that are well developed and relatable.
  96. Jun 19, 2013
    A superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. TheA superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. The Last of Us shines in being the most realistic fictional game I have ever played. The fungi/cordyceps concept of zombifiying people is intriguing enough. There aren't enough good things to say about this game. The gameplay is stupendous, and while it takes time getting adjusted to, it feels fluent and right when you do. There's enough variety in crafting weapons and upgrading them to spice the game up when pacing gets tough. That's one of my only problem are pacing issues, but the game is so damn good and the story is so great that you trudge through the slower spots. Often times the difficulty has unreasonable spikes, but all is forgiven, when you pass a more difficult section, the payoff and reward is well worth it. The single player itself is incredible alone and worth a buy, but the multiplayer works excellently too. You have two characters that just grow so much and it's incredible to watch their journey and participate with them in a dark, realistic, beautiful disaster of a world that feels very real. Expand
  97. Jun 22, 2013
    9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in video games. The combat can be trying at times but mostly fulfilling and engaging, as it's covered with lots of small details that add to the atmosphere of the game, such as scripted events to keep you on your toes, conversations that add to characters or mood, and a crafting system that will have you thinking about what to save for the next encounter. There will be some moments when the game slips up, such as your AI companions running in front of the bandits you are trying to hide from, and they don't bat an eyelid, or you are too busying scavenging for the necessary items that you miss the interesting conversations that pop up in the game, but these small things are easily forgiveable for what the game offers as a whole experience. The visuals are stunning, with some environments that will take your breath away, and detailed characters whose eyes convey what is unsaid. This game might not be for everyone, especially those who aren't interested in the stories games have to offer or are looking for something that will completely redesign their previous experiences. But for those looking for a game that has that solid and special blend of gameplay and story, this is it. It's tense, evocative and beautiful. I finished the game in about 14 hrs, and I can't wait for a second play through. Expand
  98. Jun 16, 2013
    An absolute master piece. Such an amazing gaming experience. This is a must be for any PS3 owner. This is the reason to buy a PS3 even with the new generation of consoles coming out it's that damn good.
  99. Jun 16, 2013
    I didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for theI didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for the next cutscene which also were beautifully made. I haven't been a super fan of Uncharted but I loved the gameplay in The Last of Us, I never had any problems with the stealth parts and the firearms worked very good with the design, the feeling and the sound. I think that it was a good thing to make the allies invincible to the targets but sometimes they could get in the way and pull you out of the game sometimes, but it wasn't any gamebreaking things or over all annoying. The customization was good but it would be nice with something yet more deep. The story was so immersive and fantastic that it will be a experience that will never leave me. I'm not gonna talk to much about the multiplayer but I will say that it's as everything else, fantastic. I expected something decent but what I got was one of the funniest mulitplayer I've played for a long time, this coming from a high end spec pc gamer. Since I'm also a pc gamer I got to talk about the graphics, they literally are MIND blowing for the PS3, I sometimes just stopped playing and just started looking at the graphics. This game could be my favorite game of ALL time and I've played games for a long time. Hats of to Naught dog for making this amazing game. This is easily going to be my game of the year but I really recommend Bioshock, up yours GTA! (I'll buy yo though!) Expand
  100. Aug 22, 2013
    Let me be the first to say this game is not without its problems (some AI glitches and a few other glitches) but what i can say is that what this game does right, it does SO RIGHT. The story is the best i've played and the game play although it doesn't recreate the survival/horror series, but it refines it and remains to this date the best game i have ever played.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]