• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 30, 2013
    This game was just amazing. I don't know what to say, I had found nothing bad. Characters were very good, the graphics were just amazing, best story I have ever experienced, and I found the multiplayer very good too. I must say that this game was an amazing experience, this just proves that Naughty Dog yet again have gave us a perfect game.
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    "There was no violence for violence sake" That quote says it all. I pay attention to the other reviews & most of the negative ones come from users who don't even own a PS3 & therefore don't have the game to play. Personally I don't give games perfect scores that often & the only ones to previously get this sort of commendation from me would be Mass Effect 2 & the most recent Bio-shock. Had"There was no violence for violence sake" That quote says it all. I pay attention to the other reviews & most of the negative ones come from users who don't even own a PS3 & therefore don't have the game to play. Personally I don't give games perfect scores that often & the only ones to previously get this sort of commendation from me would be Mass Effect 2 & the most recent Bio-shock. Had to get used to the shooting mechanics in this game but other than that there's not much negativity I can bestow on this title. Graphics, sounds, game play, storyline, voice acting, the realism, it all tied together perfectly to create a game that ended up being better than I thought. You don't often get 87/87 critics to write positive reviews on a game, and when you do, you know its some thing special. Game of the year for me & arguably game of the decade. Expand
  3. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is truly a GREAT GAME!

First let me tell you about the SINGLEPLAYER. I did my first playthrough on the hard difficulty setting, it took me about 20 hours to complete my first playthrough. On the hard difficulty setting the game gives you the perfect amount of tension, because it makes the enemies tough and it limits the amount of resources that you will find throughout the
    This game is truly a GREAT GAME!

First let me tell you about the SINGLEPLAYER.
    I did my first playthrough on the hard difficulty setting, it took me about 20 hours to complete my first playthrough. On the hard difficulty setting the game gives you the perfect amount of tension, because it makes the enemies tough and it limits the amount of resources that you will find throughout the environment. Thus making you fully think about how to approach each situation, and every encounter is unique thanks to these gameplay mechanics. I cant speak for the easier difficulty settings but on the hard setting it did not allow me to run and gun through the entire game. You learn to think differently with this game, you approach combat strategically because of limited resources. The game is forgiving though in the sense that it does frequent autosaves so if you die, you dont have to go back too far. In my playthrough the longest time that I saw between autosaves was 8 minutes. Naughty Dog did a fantastic job of keeping the combat fresh you arent just fighting "zombies" this whole game and the different enemies require different tactics. The crafting in the game adds depth with a slight RPG elements, in the future I would love to see more crafting options. I had a lot of fun with this game and had a hard time turning it off every time, the gameplay is fun and addicting and the story is very compelling.

Now for the MULTIPLAYER.
    The multiplayer has the same controls as the singleplayer and the mechanics are the same for the most part. There are two different multiplayer modes both are basically death match modes and they both pit 4 players against another 4 players, however one gives each side 20 lives (tickets) and the last team standing wins. The other mode gives the players only one life and last team standing wins that round and they do several rounds per match. The multiplayer can be very frustrating at times especially if you have a bad team or no one has microphones, I havent cussed this much at a game in a LONG TIME. IN ORDER TO DO WELL IN THIS GAME YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR TEAM. Sorry for all the caps but I cant emphasize this point enough.
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    [Story]-
    [Story]-
    I just finished playing the game for the second time, i have never experienced something so amazing, all the story and places you travel, all the little things like Ellies jokes and Joel's little grumpy comments and how throughout playing the game they're personality changes. Watching these characters transform and bonding when they meet each other for the first time. I loved how both of the main characters were what they were looking for. Both with survivor guilt. They both needed someone. Also very interesting how they took the virus from the real world and implanted it in the game, very creative.Game has my respects, comedy/action/thriller/Adventure/Horror/Mystery/Drama.

[Gameplay]-
    Gameplay wise, the game does have minor issues like when Ellie keeps bumping on you and moving around in front of enemies, keeps making the game feel unrealistic at times Not all the time But other then that, the gameplay is truly amazing, i like how they integrated the eye candy along with the gameplay. And i noticed that the developers put 100% effort Start to Finish really amazing. I would say the puzzles were not so difficult but then again, who said this was a game about solving puzzles? All Locations make you feel like if you were playing an open world game, i took my time to enjoy the view every single part of the game is outstandingly detailed every object has it's story, when you walk everything you see makes you wonder about the world your in. You care about the characters so much that when you run from infected it makes you look back for Ellie and you feel bad if you leave her on her own.

Game has different weapons and ways to use and create upgrade your weapons health stamina etc.

[overall]
    Finally the game is a must buy, it has intense gameplay not repetitive, i'm playing the game for the third time and i'm half way through still not bored or irritated, it has replay value multiplayer. It has multiple ways to pass through every level and every level has it's own unique design.You could play the game in front of you're mom, dad, friends family, they will be amazed and will want to be part of this amazing story. DLC for the The last of us is yet to come so sit tight.

Game receives a big ol 10 because it's the closest to perfection i'm not saying it's perfect but 10 is the closest you can get. I do not recommend this game to Hack and slash players, rpg or call of duty players. And last but not least little kids.

P.s
    If you played the game and you say joel is the bad guy, truly you did not play the game it was intended to. This game makes you talk to your t.v. I'm a Battle field 3/ Darks souls/Mario galaxy /Amnesia/Uncharted/God of war/ Red dead redemption, player and i approve of this game to my favorite games collection.

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. (or at least scrolling down to this).
  5. Jul 1, 2013
    There's very little I can say about this game that hasn't been said already. I'm going to try and sum up this review really quickly, saying that this is an ABSOLUTE MUST BUY for any PS3 owner. Heck, even Xbox owners should spend the money and buy a PS3 (even just before the new generation comes out!) just to experience this game. And that's my main point about this game. It's anThere's very little I can say about this game that hasn't been said already. I'm going to try and sum up this review really quickly, saying that this is an ABSOLUTE MUST BUY for any PS3 owner. Heck, even Xbox owners should spend the money and buy a PS3 (even just before the new generation comes out!) just to experience this game. And that's my main point about this game. It's an experience. You see the characters changing, the story is fantastic and the atmosphere unforgettable. After playing 'The Walking Dead' by Telltale, I was skeptical as to whether any other game can meet the character development and story levels that Telltale games had produced. Naughty Dog have met if not surpassed the levels set by The Walking Dead. Yes there are a few glitches and the AI for followers such as Ellie can be a little cumbersome but the positives outweigh the negatives by so much that the Last of Us is worthy of a 10/10. Expand
  6. Jul 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed playing this game. It showed how great things can come from something that didn't intend to change the gaming community. I didn't expect much from this game, that might be the reason that I thought that this game was so great. This game had amazing graphics and an awesome story line. An as the game progressed I got more attached to the characters. I would like a sequel toI really enjoyed playing this game. It showed how great things can come from something that didn't intend to change the gaming community. I didn't expect much from this game, that might be the reason that I thought that this game was so great. This game had amazing graphics and an awesome story line. An as the game progressed I got more attached to the characters. I would like a sequel to this game but I know that they couldn't do it with the same characters because that would total screw up what they had going with the ending. Naughty dog does always make games with sequels so who knows. Expand
  7. Jul 1, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Naughty Dog has added so much detail and depth into this game it is extraordinary, best graphics I've seen on a PS3, intense gameplay with its survival horror aspects, and such a thrilling and immerse story. The multiplayer may not be the main purpose of The Last of Us, but it sure fun to kick back and play it. The only problem is probably the AIOne of the best games I have ever played. Naughty Dog has added so much detail and depth into this game it is extraordinary, best graphics I've seen on a PS3, intense gameplay with its survival horror aspects, and such a thrilling and immerse story. The multiplayer may not be the main purpose of The Last of Us, but it sure fun to kick back and play it. The only problem is probably the AI and a few bugs, though this did not change my mind on the game at all. 10/10 Expand
  8. Jul 1, 2013
    This game is is amazing. I'd hate to sound like everyone else and say that it's a masterpiece, but it is. It's seriously one of the best games I've ever played. Let's get the bad out of the way first, the AI can be a little bit dumb at times but nothing game breaking. Another thing is that the puzzles fail to challenge you very much, but these are very minor complaints.
    This game
    This game really makes you feel for the characters you're playing as. Whenever you see a clicker attacking Ellie, you really get mad and attack the clicker with everything you have. You really feel like you're in a hopeless, desolate world (which you are), and it really makes the atmosphere memorable. The stealth is nothing too innovative, but it works like it should. The combat system is good and has some really gruesome moments, like when literally blow someone's head right off their neck with a shotgun. The scavenging is a really cool system and it works real well. I often find myself searching every little crack and crevasse for more materials and the collectables (such as Firefly Pendants, comic books, and artifacts) are really cool and really reinforce the atmosphere set by the scenery. The ending is satisfying. I'm not going to spoil anything, but the ending isn't cliche by any means.
    The multiplayer is great. But just because it's great, doesn't mean it's not tacked on. IT IS TACKED ON, but I enjoy it. There are very few guns in the multiplayer (I think there were only like 8 or 9.) and same goes for the maps. There are also multiple glitches that really ruin it for me. This is a kind of multiplayer that you HAVE to play with friends, but most of time my friends can't connect to me at all which is a severe problem. The multiplayer isn't like every other multiplayer. It adds a social aspect with your Facebook friends and it really makes for some funny moments. It's clear they didn't have enough time to finish the multiplayer, and that's sad considering it really had the opportunity to be something really amazing.
    As my review comes to an end, I just want to say that The Last Of Us is truly one of the best games of, not just this generation, but of gaming history. I would say if you can only buy one video game this year, buy this one and you won't be disappointed.
  9. Jul 1, 2013
    I'm practically speechless. Words cannot describe how wonderful this game is. Graphics, gameplay, and especially, story were, well, I don't know how to describe it. Play the game for yourself and you'll see what I mean. This game deserves to be game of the decade. Well done Naughty Dog, well done.
  10. Jul 2, 2013
    This game is the best game I ever played in my life. There's nothing wrong about it, the story is great!!! Characters facial expressions looks very realistic, gets attach to the characters. The gameplay is great and also very long. Easily top 5 games maybe even top 3. The graphics are amazing! Storyline, the gameplay, the characters. Speechless how great this game turn out to be. TrulyThis game is the best game I ever played in my life. There's nothing wrong about it, the story is great!!! Characters facial expressions looks very realistic, gets attach to the characters. The gameplay is great and also very long. Easily top 5 games maybe even top 3. The graphics are amazing! Storyline, the gameplay, the characters. Speechless how great this game turn out to be. Truly game of the year. Expand
  11. Jul 2, 2013
    I have played this game and watched people play this game and i can say it is by far the greatest video gale I've ever played. The scenery war incredible and the story was an emotional roller coaster. The voice acting is very good except maybe Ellie's. I was not a huge fan of the ending because I think they tried to set it up for a sequel. It seemed to me as if it followed along the sameI have played this game and watched people play this game and i can say it is by far the greatest video gale I've ever played. The scenery war incredible and the story was an emotional roller coaster. The voice acting is very good except maybe Ellie's. I was not a huge fan of the ending because I think they tried to set it up for a sequel. It seemed to me as if it followed along the same lines as Telltale games "The Walking Dead."
    I was surprised at some of the language used by a fourteen year old. Bottom line is it was a great game with a great story. Thats just my opinion
  12. Jul 2, 2013
    Such a fun and entertaining game. Extremely suspense filled. I catch myself holding my breath a lot as I'm exploring dark and murky basements. Would love for a sequel on PS3, but I bet they jump to PS4.
  13. Jul 10, 2013
    Just get the game and play it, as always Naughty Dog never seems to disappoint. The only reason people give this game lower then a 9 would be because the same thing over and over again which tells me they didn't play the game they say." The AI is bad cause they don't react to your allies" but what they are too ignorant to see is that this is a stealth game if they would react like that itJust get the game and play it, as always Naughty Dog never seems to disappoint. The only reason people give this game lower then a 9 would be because the same thing over and over again which tells me they didn't play the game they say." The AI is bad cause they don't react to your allies" but what they are too ignorant to see is that this is a stealth game if they would react like that it would destroy the whole gameplay. This game is very well thought out and in a world where if you make one mistake you could end up dying. But just reading a review wouldn't help you give you any impression of the game more then watching someone play. Get the game and experience it. And if you see a person call the infected zombies then you know they didn't play the game. For proof I have the game look on psn for a person named xwhitekittyx. Yea I named myself that just for fun. Expand
  14. Jul 5, 2013
    Tras un largo proceso de desarrollo durante unos 4 años,Naughty Dog había dado indicios del mismo durante la E3 del 2011.La premisa:otra historia de un mundo postapocaliptico,humanos que huyen de un virus.Como primer idea que se nos viene a la cabeza,vamos a decir con una opinión llana y lisa que se trata de un argumento repetitivo,obvio y trillado.Todas esas dudas quedaron resueltas alTras un largo proceso de desarrollo durante unos 4 años,Naughty Dog había dado indicios del mismo durante la E3 del 2011.La premisa:otra historia de un mundo postapocaliptico,humanos que huyen de un virus.Como primer idea que se nos viene a la cabeza,vamos a decir con una opinión llana y lisa que se trata de un argumento repetitivo,obvio y trillado.Todas esas dudas quedaron resueltas al ver el empeño puesto en el mismo,no solo en gráficos sino también en que ya no veíamos algo parecido a otras cosas,por lo contrario nos encontramos a un juego de soberbia gráfico y una historia capaz de ser contada fuera de los estandartes mas simples,la cual nos hará quedar abrochados al sillón durante sus largas 16 horas(18 si sumamos al hecho de explorar todo,y unas 60 (al menos para un posible platino).Quédense leyendo este articulo pues les mostrare de que se trata esta magistral obra de arte.
    Gráficos:

Habiendo tenido como prueba el superar a su obra maestra de la actual generación,refiriéndonos a Uncharted,Naughty Dog se lo propuso,lo materializo y lo hizo posible,gracias a un potente motor gráfico de la saga anteriormente citada,pero con varias capas de pulido.Tal es así que cuando Joel,Ellie o cualquier otro personaje salido del agua,tendrá su ropa mojada y dejara rastros de su empapada por todo el suelo.En cuanto a los rostros,una increible mejora,al entablar una conversación podemos ver el movimiento justo de labios,ni mas ni menos.Otro aspecto a destacar son los efectos de luz y oscuridad,al estar bajo la luz del sol vemos como la cabellera de nuestros personajes cambian de color tal cual la realidad,las sombras también tienen su papel,pues gracias a ellas veremos el acercamiento de nuestros enemigos cerca y la profundidad de inmersión que pose cada escenario,algunos con oscuridad completa,lo que facilita que seamos presa fácil para los chasqueadores.

Trama:

Historia lineal,repetitiva y obvia,no este no es caso de The last of us.Nos meteremos en la piel de Joel,un hombre común quien ha perdido a su hija 20 años atrás,cuando las infecciones de unos extraños hongos empezaron a producir ciertos comportamientos brutales en la humanidad.A su cargo tendrá a Ellie,joven que es muy importante para un grupo de personas.Se desarrolla de un modo muy crucial,a tales grados que casi pierden sus vidas en su épica aventura,pues no solo los infectados serán su mayor amenaza sino también los humanos quienes ahora se agrupan y matan o adquieren recursos de los fallecidos.Es excelente,un relato en el que todo puede pasar y siempre te dan ganas de saber que habrá en la esquina.

Jugabilidad:

Apadrinado quizás en parte por su hermano mayor,la saga Uncharted,The last of us toma esa base y la vuelve mas estratégica. Tal es así que podremos crear desde botiquines hasta armas caseras como subir de nivel y mejorar nuestro equipo.Sumado a eso,Joel subirá sus capacidades mediante la cantidad de pastillas que recuperemos y las gastaremos en sus habilidades. Dinámico,sagaz y en todo momento sin descanso alguno y con los ojos bien abiertos a cualquier enemigo o trampa.

Música:

A cargo del compatriota argentino Gustavo Santaolalla,el entramado sonoro de las pistas de audio se hace tan versátil como acompañante a lo largo de la aventura.Un charango en un paraje desierto,fuertes toques de guitarra cuando la acción es desenfrenada,un escape inintencionado con golpes leves de música de fondo,estamos delante de una película,y siendo sincero nada tiene que envidiar a grandes producciones cinematográficas actuales.

Adicción:

¿Cuantas horas dura el juego?,es la pregunta de muchos fanáticos frente a este survival de aventura,pues les diré con toda franqueza que unas 16 horas nos costara pasárnoslo en dificultad normal,unas 18 con todo explorado y si queremos subir las habilidades de Joel al menos pasar el juego unas 2 veces.Eso sin contar que también tenemos a nuestra disposición un vistoso multijugador online,en el cual prima la estrategia y no la fuerza bruta,grupos de 5 contra 5 en una lucha sin cuartel entre Cazadores y Luciérnaga.Si tu plan es sacarle el jugo y platinar,al menos como mínimo tienes unas 65 u 70 horas.

Conclusión:

En exclusiva para el sistema de entretenimientos Playstation 3,nos encontramos frente a uno de los ya establecidos estandartes que esta generación nos dejara,y el cual consagro una vez mas a Naughty Dog como una first party de renombre.Historia palpitante,gráficos soberbios,banda sonora de lujo,y una jugabilidad que hasta los mas nuevos no desaprovecharan,si tienes una PS3 no puedes no haber vivido y no jugado a The last of us.

NOTA FINAL :9,8
  15. Jul 3, 2013
    I made an account especially to praise this game in what is probably my second favourite game ever as a single player experience alone. That is before I even consider the multiplayer.

I enjoyed so much of this game, below is a comment I made on another site while still playing through the campaign. 'I'm about 80% through on hard and loving it, every time I go to play for two hours I

'I'm about 80% through on hard and loving it, every time I go to play for two hours I find I've been playing it 4 hours and it's pitch black outside and everyone's asleep.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played, it does have flaws but they pale into insignificance over the course of the game.

Just wow, I don't want it to end.'

Well it did eventually end and I honestly can't say a games story telling, connection to the characters have ever effected me in the way the last of us did. I literally was stunned for days afterward thinking about the journey I had just travelled and whether the outcome was justified. I have eventually come to terms with my emotions through the final sections of the game and my assessment still stands. A brilliant game, not without flaws but they really do pale into insignificance. This is a brilliantly gorgeous, thought provoking, simple, enjoyable, gritty adventure that avoids cheap scare tactics and also avoids many things which might draw comparisons to Uncharted.

This game is like that brilliant film you watch and you pray to god there isn't a sequel as you know it'll struggle to compete.

My score 9.99/10, not everyone will love it, but those who do will adore it.
  16. Jul 3, 2013
    Naughty Dog has done it again with the PS3! A deserving send off to the console. This game is what every game should be. The visuals and the sound design just add on to the entire pacing of the game. The game is emotional, it starts rather slow on that plot but when the things get going I am sure you will never put the controller down. ITS THAT GOOD!
  17. Jul 3, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a masterpiece, it may not be a perfect game, but what does, does it well. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie,The Last Of Us is a masterpiece, it may not be a perfect game, but what does, does it well. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie, but that is the only problem that the game has. The way the game plays, and the way that the game ends, it will keep you on edge from start to finish. And I can say that The Last Of Us is one of this generations best, and a very solid game that could be Game Of The Year 2013. Expand
  18. Jul 4, 2013
    My top two favorite games of this gen are The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption, and both are easily up there with the greatest I have ever played. Giving a score a 10/10 doesn't mean it is perfect, but rather it is a complete, quality product that sets a standard for other games to come in that genre, and for me The Last of Us does that and more. I feel justified in spending 60 dollarsMy top two favorite games of this gen are The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption, and both are easily up there with the greatest I have ever played. Giving a score a 10/10 doesn't mean it is perfect, but rather it is a complete, quality product that sets a standard for other games to come in that genre, and for me The Last of Us does that and more. I feel justified in spending 60 dollars on an extremely well made product that I will be playing through again and spending many hours I'm sure on the fantastic multiplayer. With a game that has so much hype and attention there will be much criticism by a lot of people that feel it doesn't deserve all of it, and The Last of Us is not without faults. The friendly A.I. at times was a bit clumsy and could be annoying, but for the most part helped out and was never really a problem. The human enemy A.I. were by no means strategic geniuses but kept me on my toes and moving around for cover. I noticed minor glitches here and there but nothing that ruined the game at all, like getting stuck by a tree and having a hard time moving. The story is fantastic and one of the most well done in any game I have played, and the music adds so much to the dramatic feel without ever being cheesy. The gameplay is tense and a good mix between shootouts and stealth, with the infected it's nice to just slip by them without having to fight. Speaking of the infected, I shouted about 3 or 4 times playing the game when being spotted, accidentally knocking over something you didn't see and hearing them scream and run at you can be disturbing. The feeling you get as you move through the story and characters interact in different ways is strange for a game, it's almost like you're watching real people interact and it can affect you. Some people don't like or understand the ending, but I thought it was extremely human and the decisions Joel has to make would be very hard for anyone, you will see what I mean. The multiplayer is a bit more slow paced and extremely team oriented, you must stick together to succeed! I love it and am fully addicted to it, I like it more than uncharted 3 multiplayer, even though uncharted 3's was great too. I just feel they need more types of multiplayer modes and options, but so far so great. The Last of Us is a hard game at times, if you don't want a challenge you may want to play on easy. Don't miss out on one of the greatest gaming experiences you can have from this gen! Expand
  19. Jul 4, 2013
    STORY: The Last of Us is dark, intense, suspenseful, and at the most unexpected times... it's beautiful. Be warned this is not Uncharted, nor is it a standard zombie apocalypse story. The main narrative follows the relationship between Joel and Ellie, two of the most complex and fleshed-out characters you will ever encounter. From the start you will understand where they are coming fromSTORY: The Last of Us is dark, intense, suspenseful, and at the most unexpected times... it's beautiful. Be warned this is not Uncharted, nor is it a standard zombie apocalypse story. The main narrative follows the relationship between Joel and Ellie, two of the most complex and fleshed-out characters you will ever encounter. From the start you will understand where they are coming from but over the course of the game you will form such a deep and profound connection with them that you will want to play it all over again. At it's core The Last of Us is a tale of survival and is constantly begging questions, tossing around morals and justifying causes, but it never feels forced, they want you to explore this topic and are letting you decide how you feel about it. This game somehow manages to find beauty in even the bleakest of moments, but I'm not talking about visuals yet, I'm talking about the unexpected moments that will make your heart wrench and your eyes water without overwhelming you with giant epiphanies. Bioshock Infinite, a game I also enjoyed, had moments where the plot was too much, where the twists and turns made your head ache, The Last of Us never does that though, instead it plays with your emotions, effectively drawing you deeper into the experience. This story has so many layers and dives into such profound issues that you will continue to gain appreciation. This is where many of the negative jabs come from, from those not mature or ready enough to handle the narrative it offers.

GAMEPLAY: The way you can bash an enemy's face against a desk or blow the head off another survivor is undoubtably brutal and intense. This is definitely not a game for children and can have a strong impact on even the most prepared adult. There was not a life I took in this game that didn't feel real, every kill is felt, and every murder pushes you further on the edge of your couch. Ammo is scarce, as well as the supplies you need to collect to craft weapons, traps, and medical kits, making you feel truly desperate. There is no regenerative health, no ammo crates, no stores to buy upgrades, you must scavenge everything. With most enemy encounters you will have the option to stealthily take out your opponents, attack head-on, or occasionally sneak away. There are 2 basic enemy types, human and infected, human encounters are fierce, brutal, and desperate, while infected encounters are much more subtle, terrifying, and stealthy. What makes the gameplay so amazing though is the balance of everything, you never feel like a portion is too easy or too hard, too stealth-based or too combat-heavy, all of the upgrade systems coincide well and there are few weapons you won't have a need or desire to use.

MULTIPLAYER: There is not a gamer in the world who doesn't get a little annoyed or put off by the fact that some story-heavy games put a focus on multiplayer. However usually multiplayer for games like this are just bland. Games like Tomb Raider, God of War Ascension, Bioshock 2, or even the Uncharted sequels, but The Last of Us just isn't like those. There are only two game modes to play, the one I prefer is called Survivors. It pits two teams of four against each other on a map where crates of supplies are scattered everywhere, they are essential to your survival as they contain scraps and parts used to make weapons and health kits, they are also very necessary because if you die, you die, and you don't re-spawn, you play until one team wins four rounds. It re-envokes that desperate feel I mentioned earlier when talking about the campaign, and to put matters worse your enemies are human, not AI, and they are just-as clever as you. Plus the multiplayer has an overarching meta-game where you are put in charge of a camp of survivors and must continue to provide food for them as your camp grows and as problems occur. The way this integrates with the matches is that parts you collect in matches from crates or players you kill goes towards getting food, plus you will occasionally be given challenges such as killing a certain number of enemies in a match to prevent sickness from breaking out in your clan. The larger your clan gets, the more upgrades to your weapons and character you receive.

And yes everything else I haven't discussed is amazing, the graphics are easily the best of this console generation, the characters you encounter are awesome (TESS!!!), and the subtle, yet epic soundtrack. This is easily my favorite game of this generation and maybe my most favorite of all time, when rating games I never giver perfect scores but because this ranks so high, I can't help but reward a 10 out of 10.
  20. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece, I have to say this is the best game I have EVER played, me being a gamer I have played a lot of games in my time and this game tops God of War 3. The motion capture is AMAZING in this game!! In the first five minutes of the game I was already glued to my seat. Here is the storyline: Joel, a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross, lives in one ofThis game is a masterpiece, I have to say this is the best game I have EVER played, me being a gamer I have played a lot of games in my time and this game tops God of War 3. The motion capture is AMAZING in this game!! In the first five minutes of the game I was already glued to my seat. Here is the storyline: Joel, a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross, lives in one of the last remaining Quarantine Zones. These walled-off, oppressive cities are run by what's left of the military. Despite the strict martial law, Joel operates in the black market of the city, smuggling contraband for the right price. Joel is asked by a dying friend to look after Ellie, a fourteen-year-old girl with courage beyond her years. What starts out as a simple job to deliver Ellie to another Quarantine Zone, soon transforms into a profound journey that will forever change Joel and Ellie. As they trek across a post-pandemic United States, Joel and Ellie will encounter different factions of survivors that have each found a unique way of dealing with the infected humans, the lack of supplies, and the threat of other survivors. As Joel and Ellie struggle to persevere, they must learn to trust each other and work together in order to survive the realities of this new world. At its core, The Last of Us is about the bond that forms between Joel and Ellie it is the story of love, loyalty, and redemption. If you loved Uncharted 3: Drake's Deceptions gameplay you will love The Last of Us gameplay, it's much more evolved and has a lot more to offer. If you have a PS3 and have not played this masterpiece then I feel very very sorry for you. The multiplayer is ok but the real deal is the single player! 10/10, a must buy!! Expand
  21. Jul 5, 2013
    he Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played. Imagine Uncharted 2/3, that looks better, sounds better, has more engaging characters and a more emotional plot.
    Imagine that with combat which encourages not just multiple playthroughs to try a different strategy, but reloading checkpoints to get your first strategy just right. But that doesn't really do it justice.
  22. Jul 6, 2013
    Playing The Last of Us we can see a work of years by Naughty Dog. I never played something incredible like this game, it has the fun of Uncharted series in a perfect post-apocalypse world. The graphics are probably the best that you can have with your Playstation 3, and I can say that in different ways! Facial expression, ambience and the details of Joel and Ellie.
    The plot will get you
    The plot will get you in 15 minutes and it will just get better and better for like 14 hours of gameplay.
    The game could not be with another name, because Naughty Dog sent us to feel like we're really the last of us. The best game of my life.
  23. Jul 6, 2013
    There is not much to say about the game apart from flawless. It has excellent performance from both Ashley and Troy, also the deep emotional feelings that comes with it.

Stealth gameplay is well thought of, and starting a generator might invite unwanted attention but needed to be done in order to progress. Crafting system in real time adds to that 'omg omg' moments, especially when low in heath. In saying that, the game is generous in terms of giving off crafting supplies in some places that requires a little of exploration and puzzle solving. It can also act as indication to events that will happen such as incoming horde or boss fights.
  24. Jul 6, 2013
    The Last Of Us, a game that was anticipated for a long while, I really did not see it at first, but now I definitely do. I can't start to express on how this was one of the best journeys I have been through and believe me i have been through alot. The story, the gameplay, the character development was all just perfect. I have grown get attached and love most of the characters butThe Last Of Us, a game that was anticipated for a long while, I really did not see it at first, but now I definitely do. I can't start to express on how this was one of the best journeys I have been through and believe me i have been through alot. The story, the gameplay, the character development was all just perfect. I have grown get attached and love most of the characters but especially Ellie. Ellie's character development just completed the game to its fullest. It is a must buy for everyone, Naughty Dog has really pushed through and showed us that a game can be a masterpiece and at the same time have a long in depth story. The dark feel and atmosphere in the game was just perfect, makes you feel really intense and on your toes on all times. The graphics were just out of this world, never in my life have a I witnessed such lively pixels. The voice acting was perfect, gives you goosebumps when ever someone shouts or screeches or anything of that sort. The ending really makes you want a sequel, which I do. The overall performance of the game has lead it to become a masterpiece, in my eyes at least. Kudos Naughty Dog for giving us this beautiful game. Expand
  25. Jul 6, 2013
    If you feel that this game deserves less than a 10, than I will not argue, because there are some bugs that may be hard to overlook. For me however, I give it a ten, because the entire package makes up for the short comings. Don't listen to angry Xbox fanboys giving the game a 0. This game deserves higher than that. Only major short coming for me is the A.I. They could be retarded. My tenIf you feel that this game deserves less than a 10, than I will not argue, because there are some bugs that may be hard to overlook. For me however, I give it a ten, because the entire package makes up for the short comings. Don't listen to angry Xbox fanboys giving the game a 0. This game deserves higher than that. Only major short coming for me is the A.I. They could be retarded. My ten does not mean the game is perfect. ALL GAMES ARE FLAWED, but this game makes up for all of it. It deserves anywhere from 8 10. Expand
  26. Jul 7, 2013
    I finished the game on Hard and Survivor and wow, I am amazed by the quality of the graphics, I loved the storyline and the soundtrack is beautiful, I've already learnt the theme song on guitar...
  27. Jul 7, 2013
    The last of us is an interesting game that strikes all the right notes from good music, to an interesting and famillar yet different story. The last of us is not zombies, and it's not about defeating them or anything generic that some people on here swear it is and hand out 0 or 1's. What makes The Last of Us great is its very real out take and sense of urgency the looming doom and gloomThe last of us is an interesting game that strikes all the right notes from good music, to an interesting and famillar yet different story. The last of us is not zombies, and it's not about defeating them or anything generic that some people on here swear it is and hand out 0 or 1's. What makes The Last of Us great is its very real out take and sense of urgency the looming doom and gloom that comes from a world that is left in ruins. The infection is not viral and is not made up. It's a fungus, a real fungus found in the wild although incapable of infecting human species but can and doe affect insect in the forests. The story plays out as it's trying to accomplish one thing, chronicle the lore and struggles of the protagonist and his companion Ellie. The varying people they encounter and the state of what society has been reduced too are remainders of a world that is besieged by fear and the loom of death that gives us a psychological horror and the need to "survive". The combat found in the last of us an get repetitive but it's also very real, in the sense that one bite is game over. Ammo and items are found very scarcely and most of it must be crafted from the supplies squandered as you go along journey. There is no OMEGA 6 Anti Viral Agent Team Zeta elite trained special assassin here, nor should there be; with that sad the combat is stealth and a fight or flight orientation often forcing the players to play quitley and think before they make an action. All together it's playing a movie that you control, from the voice actors to the quality of the game (We must remember this is a 6 year old console that has 6 year old parts and limitations) is very good given what is available.
    The game has you grow to appreciate the unique story of just a normal man and his companion attempting to make a living and maybe even find a future amongst a world of ruin and destruction. That is the masterpiece that is "The Last of Us" and I'd highly recommend it
  28. Jul 7, 2013
    For a long time i've fought internally over whether to consider video games as a form of art or as a simple diversion. For the most part, I haven't come across many that I would consider worthy of the distinction of being called "art". That being said, I just finished "The Last of Us" and to be frank i was completely blown away. Simply put, the game put out by Naughty Dog is truly anFor a long time i've fought internally over whether to consider video games as a form of art or as a simple diversion. For the most part, I haven't come across many that I would consider worthy of the distinction of being called "art". That being said, I just finished "The Last of Us" and to be frank i was completely blown away. Simply put, the game put out by Naughty Dog is truly an amazing experience and deserves to be given the aforementioned distinction of being called "art". The story was so compelling and so incredible that more than once i got goosebumps going through it and if a video game can do that, then in my eyes, it's rightly on par with any motion picture or book that has ever made me encounter the same feelings.... Childish or not, experiences like i had with The Last of Us are the whole reason ill always be a gamer. Expand
  29. Jul 7, 2013
    i can't describe it.it is above than awesome.above than masterpiece.and....i can't describe it with my tongue.10 out of 10 isn't enough for this game.story is a new idea.some people says it is repetitive.they say:we had this story in resident evil 6?!!!!!!!!!!!!realy.WTF!jake just had a special blood type not any more.but look at last of us.look at emotinal relations beetween joel andi can't describe it.it is above than awesome.above than masterpiece.and....i can't describe it with my tongue.10 out of 10 isn't enough for this game.story is a new idea.some people says it is repetitive.they say:we had this story in resident evil 6?!!!!!!!!!!!!realy.WTF!jake just had a special blood type not any more.but look at last of us.look at emotinal relations beetween joel and elly.did we have this relations in that game?graphic is the best graphic in 7th generations.halo4 just is a usual graphic when you compare it with last of us.game play in normal difficulty is't very hard.but in hard(i don't remember what was the difficulty name)it redact your sweat.music is.....i don't know what should i say.every thing in this game is better than you can think.just buy it if you have ps3 and if you don't have it borrow someone's!it is the best 7th generations and GOTY! Expand
  30. Jul 7, 2013
    This is one of those rare games that is worth the full $60 retail price. The story mode is among the finest I have ever experienced. Each character is so well developed and if you find that you can't make a connection with the leads in the first couple of hours, don't stop playing. Eventually you will grow a strong bond with Joel and Ellie as you take them across the desolated UnitedThis is one of those rare games that is worth the full $60 retail price. The story mode is among the finest I have ever experienced. Each character is so well developed and if you find that you can't make a connection with the leads in the first couple of hours, don't stop playing. Eventually you will grow a strong bond with Joel and Ellie as you take them across the desolated United States after a medical outbreak wipes out most of civilization. The graphics are phenomenal and the voice acting is superb. Most criticisms I have heard of this game are regarding the enemy AI, and the fact that your comrades will run into the sight of the enemy yet pass unnoticed. My argument is that this game wouldn't work if the enemies noticed your allies and would turn into a frustrating mess. Why would you want to worry about the stealth of a character that you can not control? You have to suspend your beliefs a little. After all, it is a video game. The campaign took me about 13 hours to complete on normal, and even after all that time I wanted more. Thankfully there is a decent online multiplayer mode to accompany the story. Ultimately this game ends up being my favorite Playstation 3 experience by an interstellar mile. I still can't get some of its vivid images out of my head. I highly recommend it. Expand
  31. Jul 7, 2013
    Truth be told this is a game not for the faint of hart but its compelling story and imaginative villains make this an unmissable game for any gamer that is brave enough to play it. It also has amazing multiplier mechanics that will be the bench mark for next gen online gaming.
  32. Jul 7, 2013
    Excelente jogo, qualquer fã de videogame deve jogá-lo, forte candidato a melhor game do ano e até da geração, a Naughty Dog se superou mais uma vez.
    Positivo:
    -História marcante e envolvente -Jogabilidade fantástica e diferenciada, com a exploração,combate e criação de itens ótimos -Gráficos soberbos -Áudio fantástico mesmo sem muitas músicas, o silêncio e som dos inimigos te dão um
    Positivo:
    -História marcante e envolvente
    -Gráficos soberbos
    -Áudio fantástico mesmo sem muitas músicas, o silêncio e som dos inimigos te dão um tom de suspense e tensão muito gratificantes
    -Um dos melhores Multiplayers em terceira pessoa que tem, com tons do singleplayer muito bons
    Negativo:
    -Em alguns momentos a I.A. dos inimigos falha para ver/ouvir os personagens secundários, porém nada que comprometa ou tire o mérito do jogo
  33. Jul 7, 2013
    This game will be something i will definitely remember for years to come. The story kept me intrigued right up until its final moments. The combat through-out felt important, i never felt like i was just making my way through cannon fodder. Also on combat, the shear brutality of it was amazing, finally something that shuns the child safe coating of other games and appeals directly to aThis game will be something i will definitely remember for years to come. The story kept me intrigued right up until its final moments. The combat through-out felt important, i never felt like i was just making my way through cannon fodder. Also on combat, the shear brutality of it was amazing, finally something that shuns the child safe coating of other games and appeals directly to a mature audience without glorifying the act. I can't wait to see what naughty dog does next. Expand
  34. Jul 8, 2013
    This game took us to a whole new level of gaming, it made the other games looks like "Just Games" for me.. "The Last Of Us" it's almost a Hollywood movie with this highly character performance and graphics quality

I finished the game on "hard mode" and it was amazing, and now I'm repeating this wonderful experience on "Survival mode" and I really feel as a survival in this mode. in

in the end i advice all PS3 owners to play this masterpiece which called "The Last Of Us" with no hesitation.
  35. Jul 8, 2013
    I finished the game on Hard, and it was absolutely fantastic, though since it was such a short amount of time for the main story (20 or so hours, when I'm accustomed to getting at least 40 hours out of RPG type games I pay such high amounts for) I normally would have only rated it an 8 or a 9. However, I just started a new game on Survivor, and it is even more glorious. Survivor mode isI finished the game on Hard, and it was absolutely fantastic, though since it was such a short amount of time for the main story (20 or so hours, when I'm accustomed to getting at least 40 hours out of RPG type games I pay such high amounts for) I normally would have only rated it an 8 or a 9. However, I just started a new game on Survivor, and it is even more glorious. Survivor mode is what earns this game the high reviews it has received and it is what is earning the 10 score from me.

Survivor mode is a true gaming experience with reduced requirements of cognitive dissonance. I say this because lower level difficulties give you extremely useful but overpowered tools to get through the game. My biggest gripe with lower level difficulties is that you can essentially hear everything around you.

Not so in Survivor mode! You CANNOT use echo-location to hear where your opponents are and how they are moving. This fact raises the tension through the roof and makes every single encounter an experience in and of itself. When you're in a room with 10 clickers and you cannot track their movements through superhuman hearing, the realism of the danger really digs itself in and you experience moments of sheer and utter panic at not knowing what is coming from around the corner at you, and this lack of an out forces you to plan your actions very carefully.

I will list what I see as the PROS of this game and the CONS of this game in order to explain my exuberance at this piece of art.

PROS

-Immersive and believable post-apocalyptic world, with an extremely well-researched and developed backstory and framework.
    - Stellar graphics, truly amazing, look around and in every single moment you will find yourself enjoying the view and the effort that was made to make the environment credible.
    -Every single action taken regarding combat decisions is a battle in and of itself
    -Extreme prejudice is required in order to survive from one encounter to the next
    -The most excruciating gaming experience I ever encountered was when I ended an encounter and had to survive without enough medical supplies to last to get to the next encounter. This game forces you to think very hard about the consequence of every bullet used.
    - The story is one of the best I've ever encountered in both literature and media of this nature. The intro is a real hook, and the emotional involvement and attachment that the player develops for the characters is bar none some of the most impressive character building ever. When the end comes there is a real connection to the choices that are made by the storytellers and a clear understanding for why the ending makes sense.
    - The cinematic quality of the game: I love movies, and this game feels like you are playing the protagonist of a very long film.

CONS

- Cognitive dissonance heightened in lower difficulty levels
    - As others have complained, the lack of a credible melee weapon is rather unfortunate. It makes no sense that the protagonist doesn't have a knife or machete or something that doesn't break after a couple of hits. Yes, melee weapons and upgrades are great, and yes it is another part of ensuring careful shepherding of resources, but it was still rather irksome.
    - Ammo is really scarce, though your opponents seem to be able to blast you like crazy. Really concerning when you are killing soldiers and somehow they don't have any ammo for you to gather. This is both a pro and a con, as it raises tension and forces innovation in combat situations but is still super annoying.
    - Lack of narrative choice the story is extremely linear and though it is wonderfully told and the ending is truly incredible, I am still disappointed that choice wasn't calculated to make this a far more realistic game.
    - Bugs, though not game-breaking, there are still some that are really bothersome if you encounter them (but easily fixed through going back to a checkpoint, though it gets annoying if you have to go back after 30 minutes of fighting your way through only to have to do it again).
    - The absolute scarcity of some necessary materials
    - No meaningful death: this is not a survival game but is instead a movie where you play the protagonist.

I gave this score based solely on the primary game, though I'm sure the multi-player features are wonderful. Since this game is in absolutely no way whatsoever effected by multi-player (as opposed to, say, Dark Souls, where multi-player is fairly important), I won't review it here.

All-in-all one of the best gaming experiences I've ever encountered, and I've been around the block a few times (started playing video games/computer games back in 1992 on pretty much every major system that has come out)
  36. Jul 8, 2013
    Definitely the best game of current generation. Not only a single player but multiplayer as well.
    Also that it's the most intense game I've ever played.
  37. Jul 8, 2013
    Best game i'v played in ages. Worth 100$. Single player is worth 60$ alone. I haven't been so addicted to a multiplayer since my old xbox days with halo 3. All my friends find it just as addictive. The single player is the only game i'd play through a few times alongside RDR, Just amazing. If you own a ps3, you owe it to yourself to buy this. If you don't...your just missing out.
  38. Jul 8, 2013
    This game really had proved me wrong when I had first played this game. My first thought on the game was "Wow, this game has mad graphics" but once you start this game, you will finish it. This game has lots to offer and to be honest has some minor problems but because i enjoyed this game so much i gave it a 10. I've read some of the other reviews and one thing I have to agree on is thatThis game really had proved me wrong when I had first played this game. My first thought on the game was "Wow, this game has mad graphics" but once you start this game, you will finish it. This game has lots to offer and to be honest has some minor problems but because i enjoyed this game so much i gave it a 10. I've read some of the other reviews and one thing I have to agree on is that there should have been more puzzle into the game. When I first figured out that we needed to use the bin or the ladder/plank I was amazed. Once you got further into the game you just knew that you had to find one of them to get over/across.

One more thing that I personally believe would be the most amazing feature would be to control the way you speak to others. For example you have a couple of lines pre-made by Naughty Dog and you just select which one on how you think your character should talk to the person. If anyone wants to see what I mean, get the game 'The Walking Dead' probably one of the favourites too. All in all this was AMAZING. thanks naughty dog!
  39. Jul 8, 2013
    "The Last Of Us" is truly one of the best games i ever played. You can really connect will Ellie and Joel. Joel and Ellie relationship improves after they save each others lives. Joel sees Ellie as his replacement daughter, Ellie just wants to go to the Fireflies. Ellie did not know that they were going to sacrifice her life for a vaccine. If she died for a cure, what are the chances that"The Last Of Us" is truly one of the best games i ever played. You can really connect will Ellie and Joel. Joel and Ellie relationship improves after they save each others lives. Joel sees Ellie as his replacement daughter, Ellie just wants to go to the Fireflies. Ellie did not know that they were going to sacrifice her life for a vaccine. If she died for a cure, what are the chances that the cure would work?, How would they deliver the cure to world of people infected. Joel decided to lie to Ellie and tells her there are many other immune to the disease like herself and that the Fireflies have stopped looking for a cure. Ellie asks Joel" Swear to me everything you said about the Fireflies is true". Joel replies "i swear". Ellie then takes a little bit of a pause which suspects that she does not believe him, but says ok. Truly an amazing game, which has amazing graphics. By far the best PS3 exclusive and game. Expand
  40. Jul 9, 2013
    Everybody who gives this game less than a 6 only wants to draw attention and try to be original since this game can only have a 6 to 10 grade. It's imposible for you to find so many errors in the game because it is nearly perfect
    - Perfect Gameplay
    - Perfect Story line
    - Perfect Characters
    - Incredible Graphics

Nothing else to say. A Masterpiece from Naughty Dog
    (Wish theres a sequel)
  41. Jul 9, 2013
    One of the best games that I have ever played. It has great gameplay, a deep and emotional story, and to top it off, It has a challenging multiplayer. A 10/10 in my opinion.
  42. Jul 9, 2013
    The best game for the PS3, and one of the best games out there. It's simple immersion on everything just makes it wonderful. The story of the game is very rich; it's dark, unpredictable and best of all immersing. The game-play itself is one of the best, though it could have been improved at some points, it' easily on of the best. For example, characters don't interrupt you when you'reThe best game for the PS3, and one of the best games out there. It's simple immersion on everything just makes it wonderful. The story of the game is very rich; it's dark, unpredictable and best of all immersing. The game-play itself is one of the best, though it could have been improved at some points, it' easily on of the best. For example, characters don't interrupt you when you're sneaking, or doing that type of stuff. Talking about AI, the AI is not bad, while some might disagree, I think that in combat they act realistically, because when people are in plain combat, they don't think about anything else, that isn't survival. People in combat sometimes lose their head and do something stupid, and I think the game represented that very well in that aspect. So let's go with characters now, the protagonists of the game are deeply made in my opinion; They have a rich back-story, a good past, and the most important thing, a good story in the course of the game. The game also has good scenarios, deepening very much on the details of the maps and in some cases the AI of the people who live on those places. They feel alive. The difficulty of the game varies upon the way you are, because combating a dozen of zombies, is different than just a few of them, which applies for the armed enemies also. It can be very difficult in some places, while it can be a walk in the park in other situations. That's it for the campaign.
    About the multiplayer, we can tell it's a good MP, like a mix of popular shooters, but improved in a lot of ways. The customization you can give to your character isn't the most biggest one, but I won't say it's small, cause it's not. You can customize your "flag" or logo, your clothing, your attributes and your weapons, all of this helping on the actual game-play. And that's it for most of the game, I think if YOU play it, you'll feel the same. This game is worthy of GOTY, and worthy of being remembered.
  43. Jul 10, 2013
    The last of us is one of the best game of this generation. The single player has already been praised a lot so i'll just talk about the multiplayer. The multiplayer remains true to the story, it does break the illusion of the game world (Tomb raider MP is great example where it felt out of place). Both single player and multiplayer are very similar in story and gameplay. The crafting isThe last of us is one of the best game of this generation. The single player has already been praised a lot so i'll just talk about the multiplayer. The multiplayer remains true to the story, it does break the illusion of the game world (Tomb raider MP is great example where it felt out of place). Both single player and multiplayer are very similar in story and gameplay. The crafting is very well done in MP. The in game upgrades are awesome and add tension to the game. Expand
  44. Jul 11, 2013
    This is by far one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics are amazing and all the stuff to do and collect. By far my favorite game ever. I would love it, if there was a The last of us 2 in the near future.
  45. Jul 12, 2013
    This game, this is the greatest game. Every single detail is artfully crated and made uniquely for it's place in the game. The story is brilliant and the game play changes constantly with the story. The gameplay is simple to learn and incredibly immersive. New gameplay is introduced all the way up to the end of the game. There really isn't a better game, Naughty Dog has made a masterpieceThis game, this is the greatest game. Every single detail is artfully crated and made uniquely for it's place in the game. The story is brilliant and the game play changes constantly with the story. The gameplay is simple to learn and incredibly immersive. New gameplay is introduced all the way up to the end of the game. There really isn't a better game, Naughty Dog has made a masterpiece that redefines how games should be. It doesn't just beat games though, this is better than most other pieces of media, movies, music, books and all. Everything comes together in a perfect symphony of music, story telling and performance. Expand
  46. Jul 13, 2013
    Never have I played a better game... The graphics ,the story all are beyond expectations.Naughty Dogs have put in Great efforts to give us fourteen hours of entertainment.the story is very realistic and this game could be made one hell of a movie.
  47. Jul 13, 2013
    AWESOME! This game has everything a game needs. Perfect story, good graphics, characters are perfect, What disappointed me a little bit, was the ending. It was kind of weird. But after all, perfect game. 10/10
  48. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game story and gameplay this year. Almost up there with ocarina of time. The low score come form people who have not played the game, so sad that have to review a game they have not played. Expand
  49. Aug 18, 2013
    Really! Awesome game! 200 negative rewie? Who is this little boys? I think they have no PS3 and orc-raging. True story, 120% gameplay, best atmosphere, amazing graphic. MUST HAVE!
  50. Jul 14, 2013
    The Last Of Us is new my favorite single player game. It has been perhaps a decade, if not more, since I had this much fun playing a SP. The mechanics are sound and good, but it's the story that makes this game. The setting is appealing and executed perfectly, and character development is truly engaging. I want to add that for the first couple of hours, there is a sentiment of been thereThe Last Of Us is new my favorite single player game. It has been perhaps a decade, if not more, since I had this much fun playing a SP. The mechanics are sound and good, but it's the story that makes this game. The setting is appealing and executed perfectly, and character development is truly engaging. I want to add that for the first couple of hours, there is a sentiment of been there done that. It's not boring by any means, and I'd argue that it's essential for the game's greatness, but you'll only see that about a third of the way into the game, at which point you'll appreciate the first few steps.

People who endlessly complain about the state of videogaming should play The Last Of Us with an open mind and they'll see that there's some hope. There are voice actors out there who can still sound like real people rather than action heroes. There are still writers who will make you feel that something matters. This game may not be the best zombie shoot-em-up game, mechanically, but it does not compare to anything else. It has something that, to my knowledge, has never been pulled off by any other game.

I'm not usually one to comment online about games, but I'm so incredibly enthusiastic about TLOU that I just have to get it out there. I definitely want to see more the main characters, if Naughty Dog can pull it off gracefully. I don't know if it can be done, but one can hope. Play this game, if not now, buy it later when the price drops, but play it. And give it an honest shot.

Cheers.
  51. Jul 15, 2013
    The Last of Us is not a game, it's an experience. Debuting at the end of the PS3's life cycle, i'll be damned if it's not the best game on the console, and a beautiful Swan Song. Naughty Dog has crafted a vast, emotional, intense cinematic experience that you wouldn't get from any other game. Joel and Ellie are some of the most intriguing characters in recent history, also the mostThe Last of Us is not a game, it's an experience. Debuting at the end of the PS3's life cycle, i'll be damned if it's not the best game on the console, and a beautiful Swan Song. Naughty Dog has crafted a vast, emotional, intense cinematic experience that you wouldn't get from any other game. Joel and Ellie are some of the most intriguing characters in recent history, also the most compelling. The universe we are inserted into is rife with peril, emotion, chaos, and beauty as you toil through the 10-12 hour campaign, playing as Joel accompanying a young girl named Ellie, whom must be protected. These are characters you invest it, and care about genuinely, and want to make it to the end. The enemies range from the Instant-Death bringing Clickers, among other infected creatures, but also human antagonists, some of which are quite demented and vile themselves, thus bring the emotional tone up even more. The Last of Us is also a gorgeous game, pushing the limits of Graphical Fidelity that we are accustomed too on the Playstation 3, and looking like a Next-Generation experience at most times. There is nothing else to be said on the game without delving into spoilers or mentioning things that you need to experience yourself, but simply put, The Last of Us is a genre defining title, a beautiful Swan Song to the PS3, a breathtaking, emotional experience, and most of all, a masterpiece. If you do not play The Last of Us, you are doing an immense disservice to yourself. Do not miss this game. Expand
  52. Jul 15, 2013
    There is rarely a PERFECT game. Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Halo: CE, FF7. The Last of us is as close as it gets though, and I can sum up everything about this game in two words. Genius. It wraps you in it's story, the combat is smart yet doesn't get boring, and you actually care about the characters, because their dialogue is natural and doesn't get bogged down in heavy handed theming orThere is rarely a PERFECT game. Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Halo: CE, FF7. The Last of us is as close as it gets though, and I can sum up everything about this game in two words. Genius. It wraps you in it's story, the combat is smart yet doesn't get boring, and you actually care about the characters, because their dialogue is natural and doesn't get bogged down in heavy handed theming or excessive exposition. Expand
  53. Jul 15, 2013
    it is very rare a game this good is released, let alone an exclusive. With a story so good it could fit into a million pound blockbuster movie and scripting worth an award its hard to not get attached to The Last Of us' fantastic characters. Throughout the game I cared very much for Joel and Ellie and the great game play and combat mechanics puts a cherry on the cake for a game what canit is very rare a game this good is released, let alone an exclusive. With a story so good it could fit into a million pound blockbuster movie and scripting worth an award its hard to not get attached to The Last Of us' fantastic characters. Throughout the game I cared very much for Joel and Ellie and the great game play and combat mechanics puts a cherry on the cake for a game what can only be challenged by the likes of GtaV for game of the year. Expand
  54. Jul 17, 2013
    After Uncharted 3, I expected much from The Last of Us.
    Many reviews mentioned a great atmosphere and emotional depths. I looked forward to it, but didn't expect much. Trying to deliver emotions often feels forced in a game.
    So I started the game and the first chapter of the game was simply impressive and quiet shocking. I instantly felt attached to the characters, supported by great
    After Uncharted 3, I expected much from The Last of Us.

I instantly felt attached to the characters, supported by great design choices and the realistic setting.
    Right away I knew this game does it right and has some really unsetting twists. You often feel alone.

The graphics are also amazing, I guess it takes the hardware to its limit. Especially in more open areas, the graphics surprised me several times. They still managed to improve graphic wise, I´d say it's even better than Uncharted 3. It really helps setting the mood. They already added some small but impressive graphical details to the Uncharted series before, which I can't remember seeing in a game before. In Uncharted 2, it were the effects when walking through the snow. In Uncharted 3, it was how the sand reacted to your steps. The Last of Us combined those graphical achievements and also added some which make the places look very realistic, with e.g. snow falling from trees.
    The sound design is also great here, some of the enemies sound really disturbing.

The dialogue is also great and feels natural. Ellie seemed sometimes too optimistic to me, whistling during creepy situations which made me jump and cuss at her sometimes. The often criticized ladder and panel gameplay is commented by the characters in a funny way later. I wonder why Naughty Dog always adds those "give me a lift" moments in their games hidden loading times? Building a relationship between the characters? It must have a meaning...

Regarding the Multiplayer, I can't say much about it because everyone has to decide whether to like it or not. I personally like it. It's always 4 on 4 with 2 different match types. In one match type, the team which loses 20 lifes first also loses the game. I recommend using this mode for missions which take longer to complete. In the other match type, which I prefer, each team whipes each other out ones one team is down, the next round begins and everyone re-spawns at the starting point. Regarding the missions: You play 12 ingame weeks before you can change your fraction again and start from the beginning. Each round is one day. You gather points and your camp population grows, which leads to you having to gather more points. If you don't get enough points in a round, your people get hungry or sick and eventually die when you keep failing getting enough points. Inbetween, there are events where you have 3 days to e.g. prevent a certain percentage of your people getting killed. You manage that by choosing a "challenge" e.g. shooting a certain amount of enemies from a long distance, healing a certain amount of teammates etc. You can choose a mission you´ve chosen before as often as you want, but it gets harder to succeed with each time. I found this pretty addictive and exciting, especially when you´re about to lose 100% of your population and try to prevent it.

While bugs are mentioned online, I´ve never seen one. Ever.

Here are the flaws I´ve experienced while playing. To me, they were minor:

1. It wasn't a flaw to me but should be mentioned. This is not an open world game! Sometimes it gets quiet open, with parts of towns which can be explored, with many houses to go inside but it's not GTAish. Uncharted fans expected that I guess, but those who didn't play Uncharted might be disappointed.

2. Some players might be annoyed that characters keep talking if you get away from them or turn your back on them, which will cause their voice to get quieter. This makes sense, but sometimes it gets TOO quite. Don't walk away during a longer dialogue, you might miss something.

3. On week 10 in multiplayer, I accidently joined a match seconds before it ended. For that reason, I couldn't get any points and my population of 70 survivors got ill and sick. All of them. That was really frustrating that late in the game. Also, I met a really douchy team which only walked in a group, killing everyone with wooden planks for 2 rounds, which almost killed my population (those moments are terrifying), and there are players tending to leave a match when the team is about to lose (especially annoying if the game can be turned around). 3 vs 4 is very hard to win.

Well, this is another masterpiece by Naughty Dog. I´m barely affected by games nowadays, but this one was able to surprise and impress me. Thankfully, many cliché plot parts I expected didn't happen.
  55. Jul 16, 2013
    I'm going to start with this. If you own a PS3, your not getting your money's worth out of buying one if you don't buy The Last of Us. If you don't own a PS3, buy one just for this game. It's that good.

Good: - Story: Twists and turns, an unexpected plot point and an ending you will never see coming. - Survival: The fact resources are limited, as is ammo is great. It really makes you

Good:
    - Survival: The fact resources are limited, as is ammo is great. It really makes you think about if you should craft, say, a med kit or a molotov. Survivor mode definitely has a challenge to be found.
    - Multiplayer: Surprisingly, very good! Unique and will definitely keep you occupied.

Bad:
    - Everyone but Joel somehow has the ability to Usain Bolt past a clicker without making a noise, whereas you can't even move at maximum crouching speed next to one with out it killing you.

Verdict: 10/10. The complaints I had are minor, and nothing compared to how much I enjoyed the game.
  56. Aug 25, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A masterclass in emotive nuanced gaming. Imagine Uncharted but much more subtle. Some gut wrenching moments. Just play it, seriously.
  57. Jul 18, 2013
    Everything about this game deserves true praise to have a great storyline to feel connected to the characters emotionally throughout the entire story the game play and presentation all blew me away. But to cap it all off to question ourselves what is right and wrong. Overall a fantastic game.
  58. Jul 18, 2013
    I am sick and tired of zombie games and I love this one. If you own a ps3, you should definitely play this game. It's one of those transformative experiences you go through, when there is a before and after playing the game. I felt the same way when I first played Street Fighter II, Zelda, Mario or Day of the tentacle.

In The Last Of Us, the writing is revolutionary. A true labor of

In The Last Of Us, the writing is revolutionary. A true labor of love. Playing it feels like playing a game that treats you like an intelligent adult! It's odd that this should even be mentioned but it's a really big deal and I hope it feels like a big slap to many game directors out there, because it should!

This game oozes love everywhere. Naughty Gods wanted to totally blow our minds and had both the means and the skill to do and the result is a great, great ride. Gaming's Casablanca moment.
  59. Jul 18, 2013
    At the risk of sounding cliché, I feel I have no choice but to give this game a 10. The Last of Us is yet another masterpiece by Naughty Dog that cannot be overlooked by anyone whom 1) owns a PS3 and 2) enjoys a game rich in detail both graphically and the story line.

Story line Naughty Dog has always had a knack for telling a good story and The Last of Us is no exception. Instead of other "zombie-apocalypse" games, it focuses more on Joel and Ellie's mission (no spoilers) than it does on the infected. It's refreshing to play a "zombie" game without having to fight off hoards of zombies all the time. In my opinion, this allows more depth in an otherwise stale and lackluster genre.

Game play Is what we expect from Naughty Dog. The controls are responsive and easy to use. Enemy AI can be a little hit and miss, especially with Ellie. When in stealth, she tends to wander off, sometimes running into the enemy, yet they never notice her unless they notice you. I can see why people write negatively about this flaw but in my opinion, I'd rather the enemy not react to an NPC (Ellie) than have my cover blown all of time. With that said, I doesn't happen often and in no way will hinder your experience. Otherwise, Naughty Dog delivered a very fluid experience here. It makes for a pretty awesome experience when a hunter runs after you, then duck and dives when you pull a gun it gives you a realistic sense of combat, unlike anything I've seen in a game to date.

Graphics I won't spend much time here. The Last of Us is probably one of Naughty Dog's last productions for this console generation. It pushes the PS3 to its limits and rightfully so. This game is worth every painstakingly realistic detail that you will encounter. From water, both above and under; forestry; run-down towns and cities; no detail was overlooked.

The Last of Us is a game that shouldn't be overlooked from any PS3 owner. A must have for every library. Normally I find it difficult to find replay value in games, but I will definitely replay this game. The story is just that good.
  60. Jul 19, 2013
    Pros:
    - Best game i ever played
    - Best story of all time
    - Cinematic action intense gameplay
    - Masterpiece
    - This is the only game beside (Final Fantasy Crisis Core) made me cry :(
    - Just buy it!

Cons:
    - Some AI issues but managable
  61. Jul 19, 2013
    I almost passed on The Last of Us I had previously decided I was not going to by any more games until next generation to save money. Everyone kept talking about how great this game was however, and how good the story an characters were, and for me that is the main reason I game. From FF7 to Mass Effect to the Bioshock games (to name a few) I love games that tell a story and haveI almost passed on The Last of Us I had previously decided I was not going to by any more games until next generation to save money. Everyone kept talking about how great this game was however, and how good the story an characters were, and for me that is the main reason I game. From FF7 to Mass Effect to the Bioshock games (to name a few) I love games that tell a story and have interesting characters. So I decided to give The Last of Us a try and am I ever glad I did.

The Last of Us, as I am sure you have read elsewhere, is a masterpiece. It is a truly brilliant achievement in entertainment and should be experienced by as many people as possible. The thing is, to truly understand why so many people keep saying this you have to experience if for yourself. Nevertheless, this is a review so I will do my best to verbalize why I feel this way.

Lets start with the story. The big picture is nothing we haven’t seen before to be honest an outbreak, followed by infected and people are left trying to survive in the dystopic aftermath. It’s a brutal world, and in the opening scene Naughty Dog lets you know very quickly that they are not pulling any punches in this story it’s not a nice place and anything can happen. This is one of the game’s masterstrokes from the opening scene you as the gamer feel uneasy with the idea that anything can happen and you are almost tentative to get attached to characters because you have the feeling anyone can be killed at anytime.

The Last of Us is not about the big picture so much as it is about the story of Joel and Ellie and their plight and the bond that forms out of necessity and genuine emotion. It is how this unfolds that makes this game special they are the two most believable characters I have come across in gaming. Due to incredible voice acting and brilliant writing you can’t help but become emotionally invested. If something is important to Joel or Ellie it is important to you. One more than one occasion I found myself wanting to rush due to a sense of urgency that one of the characters had in the game. There were cut-scenes that were so well done that when they would finish I would forget I was playing a game and wait for things to continue like a movie. To further drive the point my wife, who is not generally interested in video games, started watching me play and couldn’t stop. There were nights if I was off work and she had to get up in the morning where I would have to stop playing so she would go to bed a decent time. She also made sure I waited until she was home before I would continue playing it’s that captivating.

Of course games are also about the game play and the game play in The Last of Us is excellent. You can kill enemies a variety of ways, and there is something immensely satisfying about this. Whether it be sneaking up behind someone and driving a knife in their neck or throwing a Molotov and listening to screams of pain as several infected get caught in the blast it never gets old. You can take a slow approach, or if you have the gear you can be more direct. Be careful though, this is a survival game and resources are in a limited supply making you evaluate the best way each encounter should be handled.

The small things in The Last of Us and the attention to detail really stand out. Whether it be a background conversation, some small environmental detail or the facial expressions on the characters it is all done well and adds to the ambiance. One thing I really liked about the game was how it rewards you for exploration. More often that not if you take the time to look around you are rewarded with collectibles, crafting supplies or parts for upgrading weapons. The game is also beautiful as someone who spends a lot of time PC gaming I have grown jaded with the old consoles and find so many of the games to look dated…this was not the case with The Last of Us. I am not sure how Naughty Dog did it, but they must be squeezing every last ounce of power out of the PS3.

The game is not perfect of course, nothing is. There were occasions in combat when I would land a clean head shot only to have an enemy shake it off. As well sometimes in combat I would try to stealth and party members would not get out of the way. There were also times that an NPC would start a conversation with me when they were not close so I could not hear what they were saying as a result I found I had to have sub-titles on when I played as I did not want to miss anything. These are all minute next to the greatness of this game and easy to deal with as they are the exception, not the rule.

The Last of Us is the best video game I have ever played and I have been playing games since Colecovision and Atari. While it may not take this mantle for you I can guarantee that the vast majority of players with love this game. Or at the very least respect and admire the work that Naughty Dog put in it. Buy this game, play this game you won’t regret it.
  62. Jul 20, 2013
    Truly the best game I have ever played, it is fair to say the the game designers went full throttle to make sure that this game was to be one of the most iconic games of the year and for the 3rd gen console. The plot is perfect, very well planned and executed, it keeps the player's interest throughout the struggle that the protagonist and his young companion endure, highlighting their bondTruly the best game I have ever played, it is fair to say the the game designers went full throttle to make sure that this game was to be one of the most iconic games of the year and for the 3rd gen console. The plot is perfect, very well planned and executed, it keeps the player's interest throughout the struggle that the protagonist and his young companion endure, highlighting their bond and will to survive. A perfect swansong for the Playstation 3 that keeps to strapped in until the end. Buying this game is definitely a no-brainer. Expand
  63. Jul 22, 2013
    Although the game does have repetitive gameplay here and there, the story and plot driven aspect of it is enough to completely overlook any sort of familiar "already been done" gameplay. The mechanics and physics of the game are flawless. The acting and character development is by far better than 99% of movies out there and the fact that you get to play as these characters is the cherry onAlthough the game does have repetitive gameplay here and there, the story and plot driven aspect of it is enough to completely overlook any sort of familiar "already been done" gameplay. The mechanics and physics of the game are flawless. The acting and character development is by far better than 99% of movies out there and the fact that you get to play as these characters is the cherry on top. If you're a fan of the Uncharted series, you will not be disappointed. But if you're a fan of Uncharted and looking for a completely different way to shoot your gun, you will be somewhat disappointed because that aspect of the game is somewhat similar between the two. The game isn't really about zombies or action, its how the characters develop and survive. The only thing that i can see most survival game enthusiasts would have a beef with is the fact that when you die in the game, u just redo the same scenario until you get it done. But even that wasn't a big concern to me because if you spend a good amount of stealth time killing and one zombie takes you out, you'd have to redo all your strats again. My final comment....i was depressed when the game ended cause i loved it so much. Expand
  64. Jul 22, 2013
    Superb graphics. epic and emotional story, realistic combat, intense horror. This game contains all of those. You won't be disappointed. It gives the feeling that you ARE Joel, not just playing as him while bashing monsters, sneaking around enemies and exploring the amazingly detailed USA wasteland. I strongly recommend
  65. Jul 23, 2013
    Let me start off straight, this game is so delightful and promises to give you joy. Troy Baker, who voiced Joel, has done an excellent job in giving the character much power. Same appreciation goes to Ashley Johnson who managed to voice a 14-year old girl who is so innocent in the beginning and then slowly becomes the star of the show. Then I'll have to praise the sound which is done soLet me start off straight, this game is so delightful and promises to give you joy. Troy Baker, who voiced Joel, has done an excellent job in giving the character much power. Same appreciation goes to Ashley Johnson who managed to voice a 14-year old girl who is so innocent in the beginning and then slowly becomes the star of the show. Then I'll have to praise the sound which is done so perfect. The clicking sound of the clickers, the footsteps and every sound which is possible to happen in real life too.

Naughty Dog, creators of legendary franchises like Crash and Uncharted, didn't disappoint with the gameplay and story. I am not going to spoil the story but it's a well written story for a post-apocalyptic survival adventure. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is weak in the beginning and then slowly evolves into a relationship stronger than anything else. Under gameplay, I don't have words to describe. It is so fluid in terms of switching weapons, healing during combat and since it's a survival video game, crafting is very much necessary. Crafting a scissor into a melee weapon is so realistic and helpful killing the infected. Besides combat, you have stealth too. The developers have done an incredible job making this part of the game. Sneaking around the infected keeps your heartbeat high all the time. You enter Listen Mode which acts like seeing through wall but it's realistic in the way that the target's position is judged by their sound of their footsteps, their voice and the clicking sound of the clickers. Sometimes you can't locate the enemies/infected because they don't make any sound. The different types of the infected is smart and it's better you find them out when you play the game.

You collect supplements to improve your skills and collect parts to improve your weapons in a bench. The brutal violence in this game is as close to God of War only you don't rip enemies apart but mashing their head into a table is so mature. Ellie is not only a girl who follows you all the time but helps you in combat too. During the first hours, she throws bricks and bottles at enemies to stun them and giving you a clear opportunity to finish them off. Ellie can be a trouble sometimes. She stands in your way while you are in cover and can spoil your stealth plan. This is nothing compared to the stealth mechanics.

Overall, this game is a sure masterpiece. There is so much content in this game that gives an immerse experience which probably none game could have delivered before. It's a must buy for all PS3 owners and I guarantee that you will not regret buying the game. There is a Multiplayer mode and new game for the people who wants to keep playing this game.
  66. Jul 23, 2013
    Look, this game is amazing because it is a fully immersive experience. Once you get the controls, if you pretend and play as if you actually are the character, it is one of the most exciting and engaging games I've ever played. The dialogue and action flow seamlessly into one another. Amazing!
  67. Jul 23, 2013
    An absolutely gorgeous experience delivered to us by the studio that brought us the Uncharted series. The scenery, the game play, the characters, the plot and the dialogue are all delivered masterfully. One of the most anticipated games of the year lives up to the hype, if not, it exceeded it. Never has a game brought so many tears to my eyes like The Last Of Us is. Its just absurdlyAn absolutely gorgeous experience delivered to us by the studio that brought us the Uncharted series. The scenery, the game play, the characters, the plot and the dialogue are all delivered masterfully. One of the most anticipated games of the year lives up to the hype, if not, it exceeded it. Never has a game brought so many tears to my eyes like The Last Of Us is. Its just absurdly entertaining and thrilling. The game is just flawless to the core, it's just a true masterpiece. Expand
  68. Jul 24, 2013
    Easily the best game I've ever played. The character development, scenery, everything! I highly suggest you play this game. No matter how you get it it will definitely be worth the time and money. This game has the best characters ever as well!
  69. Jul 24, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have played. The graphics are fantastic for PS3, the story is unlike anything you've seen and the effort that has been put into this game is breathtaking. Hats off to Naughty Dog. The gameplay is well thought-out and the decisions you make will impact on the way you tackle enemies. The world you are in is just so devastating, and right from the opening youThis is one of the best games I have played. The graphics are fantastic for PS3, the story is unlike anything you've seen and the effort that has been put into this game is breathtaking. Hats off to Naughty Dog. The gameplay is well thought-out and the decisions you make will impact on the way you tackle enemies. The world you are in is just so devastating, and right from the opening you will be stunned at everything the game has to offer. Ellie is one of the best characters I have come across, and the way she grows and becomes more independent is fantastic.

As well as the single player, the multiplayer is also a great experience. I can't wait for DLC...

The replay value for the single player is quite low, but this is because you will already know the whole story and everything that will happen so I'm leaving it at 10.

Looking forward to a sequel ND ^-^
  70. Jul 26, 2013
    Excellent story, great game play, fantastic graphics, non-repetitive and plenty of hours of fun.Best 60 dollar spent.. EVER!! Oh and great multi-player as well, extremely addictive
  71. Jul 25, 2013
    I don't think there's such a thing as a perfect game, but The Last of Us comes damn close. Everything from the gameplay to the visuals to, most importantly, the narrative, meshes together to create an experience I know I'm never going to forget. You'd be forgiven for thinking this sounds like hyperbole, and trust me, I was sceptical too but TLOU is one of the few games that genuinelyI don't think there's such a thing as a perfect game, but The Last of Us comes damn close. Everything from the gameplay to the visuals to, most importantly, the narrative, meshes together to create an experience I know I'm never going to forget. You'd be forgiven for thinking this sounds like hyperbole, and trust me, I was sceptical too but TLOU is one of the few games that genuinely lives up to its hype.

First, there's the characters. Ellie is far and away the most well drawn AI companion you're likely to see this generation, and one you truly grow to care for. Joel is a perfect counterpart grim and violent, but with a plethora of emotions lying beneath his gruff exterior, you may not agree with every decision he makes (particularly towards the game's end) but you completely understand the reasoning behind it. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson have wonderful chemistry and did a wonderful job giving these characters life. Impressively, the gameplay not only matches the quality of the story but actually complements it. The combat is weighty and tense without feeling repetitive; this is a game which makes you feel every gunshot and every blow. Enemies struggle as you strangle the life from them, beg for their lives as you line up their head in your crosshairs make no mistake, this game is dark. One particular enemy type the Clickers ranks as one of the most terrifying creatures I've had the misfortune of facing. But this darkness and violence never feels contrived or gratuitous instead it feels necessary to the story, which is the game's strongest asset. Such is the strength of the narrative that you will be completely hooked right from the prologue. This comes to a head in the Winter section which, without giving anything away, is simply one of the most masterful game sequences I've ever experienced. If you ever plan to play this game, avoid spoilers at all costs it's an experience which deserves to be played with as little prior knowledge as possible, and contains some of the most beautiful moments on PlayStation.

This game will suck you in and not let go for its entire 14-18 hours. I've been playing games for nearly 20 years, and this is quite possibly the best one I've ever played. Just do yourself a favour and buy it.
  72. Jul 26, 2013
    Let me begin by saying that this game deserves all the praise it has gotten. From the opening scene to the final credits, I was enthralled. The sheer emotional experience that The Last of Us achieves is unheard of, for me anyway, in the gaming industry. I have never cried during a movie, book or game, but I did during this game. The story is amazing, because every single character has aLet me begin by saying that this game deserves all the praise it has gotten. From the opening scene to the final credits, I was enthralled. The sheer emotional experience that The Last of Us achieves is unheard of, for me anyway, in the gaming industry. I have never cried during a movie, book or game, but I did during this game. The story is amazing, because every single character has a depth, a realism, to them, and I couldn't help but connect with. Not only did this game make me connect to the main characters, but it also resonated with the people that I fought. I remember, during the first fight against other people, I was sneaking around cover, and overheard a conversation that the enemy AI's were having. One of them was telling the other one about his little cousin that ran off to join the fireflies (a group searching for a cure), and ended by saying that he hoped that his cousin was OK, and that he would see him again. I had to go into that room and smash that man's head into a table, so I guess he will never see his cousin again. The game puts a weight on death that makes you feel remorse for a guy that was on screen for three minutes. The Last of Us has an amazing story, that is augmented by its extremely impressive graphics. Everything moves realistically, and looks amazing while it is. The environment is beautiful, and because of the bleak outlook, brings to mind a sadness for the destruction that brought humanity so low. Although the AI was a bit wonky in some sections, it does not detract from the game, and is not noticeable in the majority of combat. The combat is brutal, as anyone will say, and gives greatness to the multiplier. The tactical matches give as much tension as the main story does. Overall, The Last of Us is an experience, one that cannot be passed up. I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone. The story is impeccable, it's the best movie I've ever played. Do not miss this game. If you own a ps3, get this game; you will not be sorry. Expand
  73. Jul 28, 2013
    I'd like to start by saying that this is a phenomenal game and is very deserving of a 9/10 at least, if not 10/10. I'm definitely not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the best games I've ever played.

This is one of the only games that I've seen that can evoke emotions through it's masterful use of dialogue and storytelling. Naughty Dog definitely took a risk with such an emotional introduction and it paid off. This game had me hooked from the beginning. The narrative takes a cliche idea and gives it a refreshing twist. The voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a game thus far, only being slightly beat out by Mass Effect 3. The characters are dynamic and clearly develop as the story progresses. The combat system is very fluid and easy to use for first time players of 3rd person shooters. The enemies are intelligent and actually do use tactics to try to make your life as hard as possible; a pleasant change from the common enemies in most shooters. The landscapes are beautiful and very detailed. Each location is set apart from the others with its own individual weather patterns and foliage, making it difficult to become bored with exploring each setting.

The crafting/upgrade system could be a bit more complex since scavenging for supplies is such a large part of the game. The friendly AI is somewhat dodgy in that they are apparently not ever seen or heard by enemies when in stealth mode. This could be helpful in that it could cause much frustration if they were seen. I have not experienced any bugs that you may read about in other reviews. The ending left me somewhat unsatisfied, but rumors that it may become a series quickly relieved me.

I'm usually not a fan of super hyped games, but I'm glad people talked me into getting this game. I would highly recommend buying this game if you have a PS3. If not, I would urge you to get a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing this game. It is definitely one of the best games of the year thus far and quite possibly one of the best of my generation.
  74. Jul 26, 2013
    The only thing I can think of that would have made this game even better, would be to make it more of an open world game. Everything was very structured as you dabble just lightly into open world while searching. Once you move on though, you can never go back. Decision based story would have really nailed it down, but I suppose there are plenty of other games for that opportunity. ThisThe only thing I can think of that would have made this game even better, would be to make it more of an open world game. Everything was very structured as you dabble just lightly into open world while searching. Once you move on though, you can never go back. Decision based story would have really nailed it down, but I suppose there are plenty of other games for that opportunity. This game is a MUST BUY. Expand
  75. Jul 26, 2013
    I really don't have much to say but anyone who's reluctant to buy this game should read all the critics reviews. I was blown away by the fact that I was so attached to these characters. Once I finished it I just couldn't get over that mind boggling ending which made me lose sleep at night. A mesmerizing story and it truly bridge the gap between games and cinema. I'm sure we can expectI really don't have much to say but anyone who's reluctant to buy this game should read all the critics reviews. I was blown away by the fact that I was so attached to these characters. Once I finished it I just couldn't get over that mind boggling ending which made me lose sleep at night. A mesmerizing story and it truly bridge the gap between games and cinema. I'm sure we can expect amazing things from ND in the future. I will have my fingers crossed for TLOU 2. Expand
  76. Jul 26, 2013
    As I played through the first hour or so, with 'best game of the generation' reviews fresh in my head, I couldnt help but think it couldnt possibly live up to the hype. It was a great game, sure, with a great story, but perfect? I wasnt so sure. But as i continued to immerse myself in the story, I knew I was playing something special. The story, is in fact, one of the best, if not the bestAs I played through the first hour or so, with 'best game of the generation' reviews fresh in my head, I couldnt help but think it couldnt possibly live up to the hype. It was a great game, sure, with a great story, but perfect? I wasnt so sure. But as i continued to immerse myself in the story, I knew I was playing something special. The story, is in fact, one of the best, if not the best story I have experienced in a video game. Visually, the game paints an absolutely stunning portrait of your surroundings.. beautiful, or haunting.. abandoned subway station, or serene forests, the visuals are unforgettable. The great thing about The Last of Us, is the gameplay keeps up step for step with everything else. It's Uncharted taken to another level.
    I had fun playing situations over and over, trying to figure out how to succeed. The game is brutally unforgiving, every single round of ammo is worth twice its weight in gold, which is how it should be given the setting. You will find yourself scouring every corner of the environment, trying to find an extra couple rounds, or a few scraps of materials to help construct a health kit or shiv.
    But it will always come back to the story.. the characters.. the incredible world that Naughty Dog created. Do NOT miss this game. As the final credits are rolling, you will sit there like the rest of us, thinking of how special what you just experienced really was.
  77. Aug 10, 2013
    The first review I gave this game was an 8. Needless to say, I've changed my score to a 10 now.

There are very, very minor flaws in this game. Every game has them but in The Last of Us they're so minor that they're not even worth mentioning. When you quit nit picking you can truly appreciate a game for what it is, and The Last of Us smacks everything out of the park.
  78. Jul 28, 2013
    I want to thank Naughty Dog for this excellent videogame. I really enjoyed it. Very interesting gameplay. I like that there is no enough ammo all the time and you should survive somehow. I can't wait for "The Last of Us 2".
  79. Jul 28, 2013
    This game was beautiful in everything it was. Although I loved the story, the gameplay too was very compelling. The ammunition and usability of items were realistic and made sense unlike most games that make you repare items every other battle. I really also like the exploration and no map concept. Overall, the battles always seemed like different puzzles in a world that is really detailed.
  80. Jul 28, 2013
    I don't even know where to begin with this game... I've been an avid gamer for almost my entire life, and I consider myself quite fluent in the world of gaming. After beating this game, I can honestly say that it may take a spot in one of my top games of all time. At the bare minimum, it's one of the best games of this past decade. Over the past few years, I've played good games, butI don't even know where to begin with this game... I've been an avid gamer for almost my entire life, and I consider myself quite fluent in the world of gaming. After beating this game, I can honestly say that it may take a spot in one of my top games of all time. At the bare minimum, it's one of the best games of this past decade. Over the past few years, I've played good games, but nothing compares to how well crafted The Last of Us is. Although the post apocalyptic trope is somewhat overused now a days, Naughty Dog has succeeded in using this theme to create a compelling, immersive, beautiful, story with The Last of Us. Although some game mechanics are somewhat faulty, I usually can forgive some misgivings for a good game and story, and all of this makes me completely forget the bad about this game (which really there isn't much). Naughty Dog created a story that does not glorify the main characters, but makes them human. Most games, movies, and TV create this sort of "hero" identity with their protagonist, which yes, you of course want to root for the main character, but at the same time we, as the audience, know that no one is perfect. I think this in itself was probably the most important facet of the game that made it so compelling, Joel and Ellie are VERY human. Naughty Dog brilliantly builds upon their relationship through the game to create not only a bond between the characters, but uses it as a catalyst for what ultimately happens at the end. Without spoiling anything, I will say that the ending of The Last of Us is definitely one of the most emotional, impactful, and compelling endings that I have ever played. This game will stick with me and I cannot help but think about how morally dense this game is. Expand
  81. Aug 1, 2013
    I should start off by saying that this game is a stunning experience, and that Naughty Dog has yet again proven that they are one of the best Developers in the industry. The story is phenomenal, gripping and a joy to play through. The gameplay/combat is also quite fun, and fits good into both single-player and multiplayer. All though i must say that the multiplayer in this game is underI should start off by saying that this game is a stunning experience, and that Naughty Dog has yet again proven that they are one of the best Developers in the industry. The story is phenomenal, gripping and a joy to play through. The gameplay/combat is also quite fun, and fits good into both single-player and multiplayer. All though i must say that the multiplayer in this game is under developed, they could of done so much more with it and made it even better. But, that's not to say the multiplayer is bad, the multiplayer is fun, unique and gives the player more replay-ability. The game does have technical difficulties like all games, but none to the extent where it ruins the experience, so there is no need to worry about that. If you own a PS3, go and get this game as soon as you can. It is a must own. Expand
  82. Jul 29, 2013
    This game is such a masterpiece. Naughty Dog should definitely teach how to produce a game. The gameplay, the story, the setting, everything is completely perfect. I really enjoyed playing this game, hopefully give it to my grand children to play. Do not listen to bad reviews, just buy this game and start playing. If you like survival and post-apocalyptic games, The Last of Us is just for you.
  83. Aug 2, 2013
    Last of us should be considerd as art like metro last light .Excelent story not unique zombie game when you are full of ammo and shoot them in heads this disese realy excists but on insects so that mean it is not stupid zombie story .graphics and caracter animations best very realistic game It has some sad moments but only thing i dont like that the game is linear so when you completeLast of us should be considerd as art like metro last light .Excelent story not unique zombie game when you are full of ammo and shoot them in heads this disese realy excists but on insects so that mean it is not stupid zombie story .graphics and caracter animations best very realistic game It has some sad moments but only thing i dont like that the game is linear so when you complete it you dont have reason to get back and play it again.to bad it is only on ps3 Expand
  84. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is already a classic. Not thanks to its gameplay, or its AI, because they both have a few flaws.
    But thanks to its storytelling, its voice acting, and its atmosphere.
    But thanks to its storytelling, its voice acting, and its atmosphere.

This game will take your breath away, and won't give it back to you until the end of the credits. You won't find any cliché in this game. The characters are incredibly human. The whole game, you'll ask yourself this question: "What would I do in this situation".

The game's story is violent, mature, and quite depressing if you think about it.

It is full of surprises, it is incredibly good, etc...

To sum it up, as I said, it is a classic, no matter what some people say.

Oh, and by the way, it is gorgeous.
    Don't hesitate, buy it. It's worth your money.

The greatest game of this gen, along with Red Dead Redemption. 10/10
  85. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is the best zombie type game i've ever played! Naughty Dog sure did it again with their amazing games! I was stoked about this game when it first was released in stores. The emotions in this game are powerful. This is the finest game i've ever played. Can't wait if theres a sequel
  86. Aug 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is easily the best game of this gaming generation. I do not say this statement lightly. I truly and sincerely believe that this game has set the standard for video games. Naughty Dog has once again created a masterpiece and have proven, once again, they know how to make games. The gripping story, amazing graphics, the characters, the dialogue, and the overall immersiveThe Last of Us is easily the best game of this gaming generation. I do not say this statement lightly. I truly and sincerely believe that this game has set the standard for video games. Naughty Dog has once again created a masterpiece and have proven, once again, they know how to make games. The gripping story, amazing graphics, the characters, the dialogue, and the overall immersive experience create a memorable experience. The best game I have played in a long time. You will love this game to death. It is as close to perfect as possible. Expand
  87. Aug 1, 2013
    This is one of the best games i ever played. The story is awesome also the characters are convincingly.
    You really care about joel and ellie. The graphic and the music and every thing else is fantastic.
    I want such games for other consoles so every gamer can play it.
  88. Aug 2, 2013
    I knew this game was going to be special and was really excited for it, When I first saw a gameplay video of it and saw that IGN gave it a 10/10 I was thinking it can't be a perfect score, maybe close but not perfect. After playing it a few weeks after release, I now see why it was given so many perfect scores. I would personally rate it an 11/10 if I could.The Last of us is aI knew this game was going to be special and was really excited for it, When I first saw a gameplay video of it and saw that IGN gave it a 10/10 I was thinking it can't be a perfect score, maybe close but not perfect. After playing it a few weeks after release, I now see why it was given so many perfect scores. I would personally rate it an 11/10 if I could.The Last of us is a masterpiece.It us does everything right, It's the first game I've played in my entire life where I can actually say that a game made me cry. This game just provokes your emotions and is hands down my Game of the year, probably my game of the generation. It has really set the bar for storytelling and future games and has possibly given us a sneak peak of future PS4 games. Bottomline, The Last of us isn't a game, it's an experience that everyone should see. It's crazy knowing that the last of us's story is just as complex as say a movie. Expand
  89. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is in the top 3 best game I've ever played. The athmosphere is incredible. The characters are so attaching. Each moments of this game stay in your mind. This game is a Masterpiece to the beginning until the end. Ellie and Joel are the perfects characters for this game. The story is great but what makes this game unique is the relations between Ellie and Joel. The graphics areThis game is in the top 3 best game I've ever played. The athmosphere is incredible. The characters are so attaching. Each moments of this game stay in your mind. This game is a Masterpiece to the beginning until the end. Ellie and Joel are the perfects characters for this game. The story is great but what makes this game unique is the relations between Ellie and Joel. The graphics are amazing...well this game is wonderfull. There's still annoying lags and AI are quite idiotic but the rest is awesome. Expand
  90. Aug 3, 2013
    I finished playing this game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was playing through the story. First of all the story is brilliant, thrilling, exciting and even at times funny. The mechanics are extremely clever and makes the whole game-play much more realistic than what many people might be used to. Being depended on creating and upgrading different weapons byI finished playing this game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was playing through the story. First of all the story is brilliant, thrilling, exciting and even at times funny. The mechanics are extremely clever and makes the whole game-play much more realistic than what many people might be used to. Being depended on creating and upgrading different weapons by finding different tools and not to mention the interactions of the other characters makes it a overall a realistic gaming experience. The characters are genuine and likable especially Ellie and Joel -which makes you hope the adventure between them never stops. The art design and the graphics really do make a rare realistic environment of what would happen to cities if the systems went down, by showing the true beauty of nature. It's a clever contrast between all of the horrifying stuff you go through and becomes a sort of reminder of what's good and "human". The soundtracks are flawless. I remember entering the ending credits without even noticing the credits because of the amazing soundtracks that just bombed me with nostalgia from the wonderful journey I just finished. The online multiplayer experience is quite unique but extremely risky that takes time to get used to. Still The Last of Us is truly amazing and it might not only be the best game of the year, but also one of the best games ever created. What are you waiting for? Go buy it now! Expand
  91. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is a big step on gaming in terms of how you can transmit a very good story and feel without abusing cutscenes. As a gamer who is not a big fan of horror games this one truly impressed me for the fact that it is a horror game without jump scares. This is one of the only games which have really put a big emphasis on how gun fights really are and that we don't have unlimited ammoThis game is a big step on gaming in terms of how you can transmit a very good story and feel without abusing cutscenes. As a gamer who is not a big fan of horror games this one truly impressed me for the fact that it is a horror game without jump scares. This is one of the only games which have really put a big emphasis on how gun fights really are and that we don't have unlimited ammo and that bullets indeed mean something and that is a incredible feat. Just a well rounded game that is tons of fun. Expand
  92. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After seeing some incredible scores here on metacritic, I decided to remove the dust from my PS3, which I haven't used for about 1.5 years and give this game a try. And what can I say... best decision I made in a while. :-)

[WARNING: Spoilers ahead!^^] I'm quite happy that I didn't watch any trailers/videos/screenshot before and also completely ignored the box dvd cover, because it led me (thinking I would go along with Joel and Sarah since this game was obviously about a man and a girl trying to survive in a post-zombie-apocalypse-scenario, as far as I could tell^^) to a complete state of shock, when Sarah died right at the beginning of the game.

While recovering from this shock, the evolving story & brilliant cutscenes pulled me right into that game more than I could ever have imagined. Even though some parts (gameplay, graphics, etc.) reminded me on other games and movies (I am Legend, The Walking Dead, Uncharted,...), The Last of Us was/is a really unique masterpiece, which made me absolutely feel with the characters and kept me thrilled for almost 24 hour straight. I've been almost as busy with hoping/thinking/fearing about things that possibly might happen to one of the characters, as with actually "playing" the game to progress in the story.

And even though it's been two days already since I finished the game, I just can not let go... I'm still thinking about the ending, the whole story, the characters... and it's really absurd: Fot the whole game I thought that Ellie and Joel would both die in the end... or at least one of them... but although they survived, I'm not really happy. Sony somehow managed to make me love them and I want to see more from Joel & Ellie and their future story. So I REALLY hope, there will be (a) sequel(s) or at least some DLCs that will make this possible.
  93. Aug 3, 2013
    This by far the best looking game and the best game i have ever seen and played my god i love it I love it so so much. This game is 10/10 all across love you play station and love you naughty dog
  94. Aug 4, 2013
    The story is quite good but, in my opinion, the ending is sort of anti-climatic. But the way Naughty Dog designed the characters and their personalities and how they interact with each other is just amazing! And the gameplay... borderline perfect. The game doesn't feed you loot all the time, and you have to make up your mind quick if it's worth to shoot that clicker or if you just have toThe story is quite good but, in my opinion, the ending is sort of anti-climatic. But the way Naughty Dog designed the characters and their personalities and how they interact with each other is just amazing! And the gameplay... borderline perfect. The game doesn't feed you loot all the time, and you have to make up your mind quick if it's worth to shoot that clicker or if you just have to sneak by. But all and all, awesome game personally; top 5 games of all time. Expand
  95. Aug 5, 2013
    If i could give more than 10, i would without hesitation. This game is phenomenal. The voice acting.. the story.. the game play. All perfect. I bought a PS3 despite having an Xbox and PC to play this and it was a great decision, this is what all games should aspire to be. You must play this game, at any cost.
  96. Mar 1, 2014
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered.

Naughty Dog have made a masterpiece. The Last of Us brings you a story that will touch you. The characters, the world and overall the gameplay itself make this game the best that I've ever played. Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered.

Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with
    The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking each other they become best friends and even more.

Throughout the game you will find interesting items that you can use to craft bombs, shivs, med kits and other things to help you survive in the environment which is done beautifully. The combat system is one of the most interesting things you will see. It's not about run and gun, you have to use your brain and think before you act which will be a blast because of the many different ways to approach each fight. You can even chose to avoid conflict completely.

The graphics of the game are one of the most satisfying graphics you'll see not because of how well they are done (and they are done VERY well) but because of the way they make the game look so believable and so much mor satisfying.

You might find yourself crying while playing the game and you might feel attached to the character which will make you think about the world that we live in and how people treat one another. Joel and Ellie will touch your heart and you will have an experience that you would want to remember forever and make you wish that they were real.
  97. Aug 6, 2013
    With its widespread perfection across gameplay mechanics, voice acting, and storytelling, Last of Us leaves its players in awe, contemplation, and satisfaction.
  98. Aug 7, 2013
    This is my favorite game this generation and possibly my best game ever as it's storytelling is excellent, voice acting is superb, graphics are extremely good, and the characters are very well made.Get this game now it may become your favorite too
  99. Aug 7, 2013
    I would have to say this is the most fantastic game I have ever played. Great graphics and the whole game feels real. Love the characters. I had split emotions throughout the game like my wanting to strangle some of the people, being terrified of those damn clickers, and where I cried several times. Overall a game that I am glad I spent my time on and will play once again soon.
  100. Aug 8, 2013
    This is the best game I have ever played. From beginning to end it had me on the edge of my seat. Everything about this game from the story to gameplay even multi-player. If you want to experience a great edge of your seat single player campaign this is the game for you. Visually this game has those little touches that makes everything you encounter believable. Great Experience.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]