• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 25, 2013
    This is truly one of the best games iv'e ever played. It's really the only game i think deserves a 10/10. The story, the characters, the graphics, the game play, the multiplayer. Everything in this game is damn near flawless, minus some few cliches in the single player. But the game uses those cliches so well. If you haven't played this game i HIGHLY recommend that you do.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is unmissable. It has a few problems, but the game is so great that you can dismiss them completely. The story is great and you should experience it for yourself. Combat is satisfying, but sneaking through an area gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Go buy it.
  3. Mar 28, 2014
    Better than Uncharted series that Naughty Dog created. The gameplay mechanic was really kicking for horror theme and survival. The "in-House" and "Havok Psychic" engine was the best way to running the game system and really kicking!
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    There's only one word that really describes this game. Perfection. Everything about this game is perfect. Gorgeous graphics, amazing voice acting, and the fact that they used real actors and motion captured them makes the characters so much more real than then already are. The storyline is phenomenal, truly Hollywood worthy, it really is a one in all package. 15 minutes into the gameThere's only one word that really describes this game. Perfection. Everything about this game is perfect. Gorgeous graphics, amazing voice acting, and the fact that they used real actors and motion captured them makes the characters so much more real than then already are. The storyline is phenomenal, truly Hollywood worthy, it really is a one in all package. 15 minutes into the game people are fighting off tears (including myself). The relationship between Joel and Ellie really strengthens once advancing into the game. The way that Naughty Dog wrote the story line really makes you care about the characters, and you are always wondering what will happen to them next. Once playing, I'd doubt you'd be able to put the Dualshock down, it keeps you on the edge of your seat as it has a very gripping and compelling storyline that really, really affects you emotionally. Naughty Dog really pushed the PS3 to it's very limits. Very impressed how well the developers created this astonishing looking game will a very limited 256mbs of RAM. I've never been so affected by a video game, but The Last of Us sure changed that. If you have a PS3 then this is a MUST have. If you're considering buying this, then buy it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. This is one of the best, if not the best game I have ever played. Period. Expand
  5. Jun 26, 2013
    OMG not only is this game amazing but it leaves a weird feeling in your stomach when you complete it, almost like your sad because the amazing time you have been having playing it comes to an end. The graphics are great and the storyline is just amazing, will there be a sequel? we will just need to wait and see. This is a great and happy ending for the ps3's life and now with naughty dogOMG not only is this game amazing but it leaves a weird feeling in your stomach when you complete it, almost like your sad because the amazing time you have been having playing it comes to an end. The graphics are great and the storyline is just amazing, will there be a sequel? we will just need to wait and see. This is a great and happy ending for the ps3's life and now with naughty dog bringing games like this out i just cant wait to see what they do with the ps4 Expand
  6. Jun 26, 2013
    When I started playing this game, I was blown away immediately. The graphics, songs, voice acting and story are fantastic. You feel the characters' feelings so well because their facial expressions are extremely well made. This is probably the best game ever made. This game is absolutely a must for every Playstation 3 gamer. Good job, Naughty Dog.
  7. Jun 26, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played, the graphics are beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing and the story is one of the best I've ever experience in an post apocalyptic setting. The gameplay is just plain genius, I'm a huge fan of stealth, action games and survival games, and The Last of Us just blend them all together to create the perfect package, people who complain about enemies notOne of the best games I've ever played, the graphics are beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing and the story is one of the best I've ever experience in an post apocalyptic setting. The gameplay is just plain genius, I'm a huge fan of stealth, action games and survival games, and The Last of Us just blend them all together to create the perfect package, people who complain about enemies not detecting allies must understand this is necessary so the gameplay can stay as good as it is. Naughty Dog made it again, Sony is lucky have one of the best studios on the gaming industry. Expand
  8. Jun 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of us, argubably the greatest gaming experience one can and will have on a now soon to be defunct ps3 system. I for one believe that this game 'does' have features that don't amaze me and one maybe the lack of choice or decision making, because i believe that a game based so much on survival should give options and now you could say you are nearly always given the option of sneaking around a group of bandits or infected, but i mean more than that, i mean you always seemed to be climbing over a truck and jumping down the other side revolver in hand awaiting your next possible foe,in my opinion, you should be made to take risks outside the norm of being insta-killed by the same clicker for 10 minutes straight, after an hour into the game. i think you should in a survival game that you should be rewarded and punished bearing on the things you do,i believe there could have mixed it up a tiny bit more, maybe had two paths and you had to choose one or you could split up, which could then mean that either Joel or Ellie are put in a dire position and that you would need to rescue them(maybe not my greatest idea).And at the end,(i know on thin ice for spoilers) i think that ND could have let you decide the fate of our loved protagonists, (MEGA SPOILERS)--> Also at the very death of the game when Ellie questions Joel on the whole cured humanity lies, and Joel swears by his lies, this to me described how attitude and human nature change in a time of crisis and in this post-apocalyptic world is built on deceit and there is little or no form of an 'honest living' earned by anyone, even the main characters constantly screw people over(and get screwed). But this game is superb and with out a doubt is one of the best that the ps3 has seen, the story is phenomenal, the voice acting makes every other game look brutal, the visuals are truly astounding and to create a kind of awe, and the game will give you plenty of comics, alcohol, rags and ammo if you explore the world. The trophies are intelligent, they are long term and difficult and can only be obtained by a very shrewd and hardworking person, they take effort and thats something i think is great because it reflects on the whole game, basically life isn't easy. Games such as COD award you too easily, you shot a plane out of the air heres a bronze trophy(not great example) and other menial and trivial tasks are performed just for trophies sake. But not in The last of us, this is a thriller an emotional journey with gore and gruesomeness, that aides the stealthy and gives the Rambo types a chance. The only easy trophy this game has other than completing the game(which isn't easy) is the bronze for crafting every item.
    The characters of Joel and Ellie are personified in a way that no other game can live up to, the characters are very relatable to the 14 year old girls and 50+ year old men that played this game(of which there is few). They help the emotional journey, they make it feel worthwhile and on completing this game you feel quite relieved and maybe a bit emotional(ya big girls). It pulls and our heart strings it makes us want to shout at the TV, it makes us want to burn the crap out of some crazy zombie-like people, with a ridiculous flamethrower that you just pick up at a college dorm(sum crazy parties they must have). The workbench is gaming genius, it helps us feel like we are doing something useful that will eventually help us blast runners to bits. I think a lot of people have said its just perfect but I don't think that, it is definitely fantastic but nothing is perfect, everything has flaws but the last of us has quite few and i only believe it can be equaled by others as it has set the bar very high. People say that they actual gameplay, shooting parts aren't great and the running around of your allies at all kinds of times can make it a small bit confusing to whether your actually still in some sort of incognito or if you should start running or firing.
    Another thing this game shows as it develops how humans push themselves to the limits if they believe the cause is just and the game portrays the characters hardships,emotional devastation and losses in a very real and smart way. A game which i wish this could have been slightly more like would be Spec Ops: the line, with its insanity which is already quite similar but spec ops' alternate endings and much decision making really gives the gamer a sense that they are unique and actually trawling through Dubai's sands. That is the only thing this game is missing a tiny extra little bit of individuality to make you feel like you really just stood on that guys face. If your still reading this I'm impressed, 4700 characters ago i didn't think id be writing 500 characters but here i am, the greatest game ever made maybe, some of the most fun I've ever had, definitely.
    I hope you like this, and agree with some of my points, this is my first review and I did it cause the last of us gave me such pleasure.
  9. Jun 27, 2013
    Naughty Dog does it again. As much as I loved Uncharted 3, The Last of Us brings it up to the next level.

I really enjoyed the game. The 'backpack' mechanic as I like to call it is pretty well thought out, and you will be spending some time there, crafting medical kits, molotovs, and checking your collectibles. Joel & Ellie goes far beyond what my expectations were before I played the game for myself. The interaction between the two is awesome, the idle talk they have about the surroundings they're in. Ellie will also find some ammo/supplies for you to use from time to time, kinda like Elizabeth in the amazing BioShock Infinite. The emotion you will have throughout the game with these characters is strong, you will feel a bond and care about the characters.

I also have to mention the soundtrack in this game, composed by Gustavo Santaolalla, really makes you feel like you are in a Post-Apocalyptic scenario

The graphics are stunning with skyscrapers that are destroyed in the background, the dark skies, and the gritty environment that Joel and Ellie is in. I also got to mention that the ambiance is spot on.

Multiplayer is a very nice addition and kept me going after the storyline was over. The multiplayer is called 'Factions' and have you in charge of your own 'clan' that you need to feed. To gather food and supplies you need to go into online matches and pick up supplies off dead bodies or boxes scattered over the map, which i really like. You'll also be spending time in stealth mode while in a match, which I haven't really used in a game with PvP matches.

The Last of Us is a must buy. Naughty Dog nailed this game, and I did not find anything wrong with it at all.
    It is definitely a Game of the Year contender, and I can't wait for what Naughty Dog will bring us next.
    I am looking forward to this year, when the Playstation 4 is coming out and all the awesome looking new games.

This game deserves my full 10 out of 10.

- Custer
  10. Jun 27, 2013
    Epic, just epic, but not perfect.
    Some people said its linear or the AI is bad, but the really is linear is perfect for that game, the focus not get out the game and the AI make you think before attack!
    Masterpiece of Playstation 3
  11. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is fantastic one of my favorite games of all time, the gameplay is amazing and the story is one of my favorites, if you can i would recommend buying this game and if you don't have a PS3 then just go on youtube and watch a lets play of it because this is one of those game you don't miss.
  12. Jun 27, 2013
    One of the best Zombie Survival games I have ever played, if not THE best. A must have for PS3 owners that love a good survival/adventure game. Not to mention the online play is intense, especially with a few friends on your team!
  13. Jun 27, 2013
    This is, without a doubt, one of the greatest games ever made. Almost flawless design, excellent execution and an emotionally investing story that can safely be placed among gaming's finest. "The Last of Us" is what many games try to be, yet few succeed an experience. It takes you on a ride through the zombie-infested continent and never allows you to let go. Many are calling it the bestThis is, without a doubt, one of the greatest games ever made. Almost flawless design, excellent execution and an emotionally investing story that can safely be placed among gaming's finest. "The Last of Us" is what many games try to be, yet few succeed an experience. It takes you on a ride through the zombie-infested continent and never allows you to let go. Many are calling it the best PS3 exclusive of all time, and I can certainly see why. "The Last of Us" is a masterpiece! Expand
  14. Jun 28, 2013
    This was a great game. I cried in the first 15 minutes. The slow bond that builds between ellie and joel is awesome. As of now, it is my favorite PS game.
  15. Jun 28, 2013
    I am not going to enumerate what's make this game so good since everything has been said about this game. The last of us is an incredible experience that every PS3 owner should play. This game will be graved in every gamer's head for a long time, like Resident evil or Metal gear did. This is an absolute must have.
  16. Jun 28, 2013
    Without a doubt, the BEST horror survival game I have ever played in my life. A 'Must Have'. The graphics are amazing even for a PS3 game and it is NOT easy. You would think Ellie is a normal annoying video game character, No. Her character is just so badass! Definitely my favorite character next to Joel
  17. Jun 29, 2013
    I will keep this short and sweet.

There are games that we play and enjoy. Then there are games that people say 'immerse' them. I had never had that feeling of 'Immersion' in a video game...I've been playing video games for 18 years. However, this game does pull you in. It sucks you into their world. You feel the characters emotions; Despair, anger, sadness, panic and in some
    I will keep this short and sweet.

There are games that we play and enjoy.

Then there are games that people say 'immerse' them.

However, this game does pull you in. It sucks you into their world. You feel the characters emotions; Despair, anger, sadness, panic and in some moments Joy.

Films are the only media i can say that have made my emotions go up and down.
    However, TLoU managed that within 15 mins.

The game does some some minor tech faults with a combat glitch and an AI glitch here and there.

But this game was an 'experience' for me.

the type of experience where I could feel myself caring so much about the characters that I feared for them, Cared for them, even got chocked up numerous times.

If you want an experience that gripes you. Play TLoU.

On a side Note: If your a big fan of No country for Old Men....Play this game.

I am giving this Game a 10, not because its Naughty Dog, Or its a PS3 Exclusive or down to the fact there is a lot of hype.

I am giving this game a 10 because the experience it gave me was like no other game I have ever played.
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    The last of us is awesome, and so amazingly ambiguous. The story is awesome, and voice acting is top notch. One of the most engaging experiences I've ever played.
  19. Jul 1, 2013
    This game is is amazing. I'd hate to sound like everyone else and say that it's a masterpiece, but it is. It's seriously one of the best games I've ever played. Let's get the bad out of the way first, the AI can be a little bit dumb at times but nothing game breaking. Another thing is that the puzzles fail to challenge you very much, but these are very minor complaints.
    This game
    This game really makes you feel for the characters you're playing as. Whenever you see a clicker attacking Ellie, you really get mad and attack the clicker with everything you have. You really feel like you're in a hopeless, desolate world (which you are), and it really makes the atmosphere memorable. The stealth is nothing too innovative, but it works like it should. The combat system is good and has some really gruesome moments, like when literally blow someone's head right off their neck with a shotgun. The scavenging is a really cool system and it works real well. I often find myself searching every little crack and crevasse for more materials and the collectables (such as Firefly Pendants, comic books, and artifacts) are really cool and really reinforce the atmosphere set by the scenery. The ending is satisfying. I'm not going to spoil anything, but the ending isn't cliche by any means.
    The multiplayer is great. But just because it's great, doesn't mean it's not tacked on. IT IS TACKED ON, but I enjoy it. There are very few guns in the multiplayer (I think there were only like 8 or 9.) and same goes for the maps. There are also multiple glitches that really ruin it for me. This is a kind of multiplayer that you HAVE to play with friends, but most of time my friends can't connect to me at all which is a severe problem. The multiplayer isn't like every other multiplayer. It adds a social aspect with your Facebook friends and it really makes for some funny moments. It's clear they didn't have enough time to finish the multiplayer, and that's sad considering it really had the opportunity to be something really amazing.
    As my review comes to an end, I just want to say that The Last Of Us is truly one of the best games of, not just this generation, but of gaming history. I would say if you can only buy one video game this year, buy this one and you won't be disappointed.
  20. Jul 1, 2013
    I'm practically speechless. Words cannot describe how wonderful this game is. Graphics, gameplay, and especially, story were, well, I don't know how to describe it. Play the game for yourself and you'll see what I mean. This game deserves to be game of the decade. Well done Naughty Dog, well done.
  21. Jul 2, 2013
    I have played this game and watched people play this game and i can say it is by far the greatest video gale I've ever played. The scenery war incredible and the story was an emotional roller coaster. The voice acting is very good except maybe Ellie's. I was not a huge fan of the ending because I think they tried to set it up for a sequel. It seemed to me as if it followed along the sameI have played this game and watched people play this game and i can say it is by far the greatest video gale I've ever played. The scenery war incredible and the story was an emotional roller coaster. The voice acting is very good except maybe Ellie's. I was not a huge fan of the ending because I think they tried to set it up for a sequel. It seemed to me as if it followed along the same lines as Telltale games "The Walking Dead."
    I was surprised at some of the language used by a fourteen year old. Bottom line is it was a great game with a great story. Thats just my opinion
  22. Jul 2, 2013
    Such a fun and entertaining game. Extremely suspense filled. I catch myself holding my breath a lot as I'm exploring dark and murky basements. Would love for a sequel on PS3, but I bet they jump to PS4.
  23. Jul 10, 2013
    Just get the game and play it, as always Naughty Dog never seems to disappoint. The only reason people give this game lower then a 9 would be because the same thing over and over again which tells me they didn't play the game they say." The AI is bad cause they don't react to your allies" but what they are too ignorant to see is that this is a stealth game if they would react like that itJust get the game and play it, as always Naughty Dog never seems to disappoint. The only reason people give this game lower then a 9 would be because the same thing over and over again which tells me they didn't play the game they say." The AI is bad cause they don't react to your allies" but what they are too ignorant to see is that this is a stealth game if they would react like that it would destroy the whole gameplay. This game is very well thought out and in a world where if you make one mistake you could end up dying. But just reading a review wouldn't help you give you any impression of the game more then watching someone play. Get the game and experience it. And if you see a person call the infected zombies then you know they didn't play the game. For proof I have the game look on psn for a person named xwhitekittyx. Yea I named myself that just for fun. Expand
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    Tras un largo proceso de desarrollo durante unos 4 años,Naughty Dog había dado indicios del mismo durante la E3 del 2011.La premisa:otra historia de un mundo postapocaliptico,humanos que huyen de un virus.Como primer idea que se nos viene a la cabeza,vamos a decir con una opinión llana y lisa que se trata de un argumento repetitivo,obvio y trillado.Todas esas dudas quedaron resueltas alTras un largo proceso de desarrollo durante unos 4 años,Naughty Dog había dado indicios del mismo durante la E3 del 2011.La premisa:otra historia de un mundo postapocaliptico,humanos que huyen de un virus.Como primer idea que se nos viene a la cabeza,vamos a decir con una opinión llana y lisa que se trata de un argumento repetitivo,obvio y trillado.Todas esas dudas quedaron resueltas al ver el empeño puesto en el mismo,no solo en gráficos sino también en que ya no veíamos algo parecido a otras cosas,por lo contrario nos encontramos a un juego de soberbia gráfico y una historia capaz de ser contada fuera de los estandartes mas simples,la cual nos hará quedar abrochados al sillón durante sus largas 16 horas(18 si sumamos al hecho de explorar todo,y unas 60 (al menos para un posible platino).Quédense leyendo este articulo pues les mostrare de que se trata esta magistral obra de arte.
    Gráficos:

Habiendo tenido como prueba el superar a su obra maestra de la actual generación,refiriéndonos a Uncharted,Naughty Dog se lo propuso,lo materializo y lo hizo posible,gracias a un potente motor gráfico de la saga anteriormente citada,pero con varias capas de pulido.Tal es así que cuando Joel,Ellie o cualquier otro personaje salido del agua,tendrá su ropa mojada y dejara rastros de su empapada por todo el suelo.En cuanto a los rostros,una increible mejora,al entablar una conversación podemos ver el movimiento justo de labios,ni mas ni menos.Otro aspecto a destacar son los efectos de luz y oscuridad,al estar bajo la luz del sol vemos como la cabellera de nuestros personajes cambian de color tal cual la realidad,las sombras también tienen su papel,pues gracias a ellas veremos el acercamiento de nuestros enemigos cerca y la profundidad de inmersión que pose cada escenario,algunos con oscuridad completa,lo que facilita que seamos presa fácil para los chasqueadores.

Trama:

Historia lineal,repetitiva y obvia,no este no es caso de The last of us.Nos meteremos en la piel de Joel,un hombre común quien ha perdido a su hija 20 años atrás,cuando las infecciones de unos extraños hongos empezaron a producir ciertos comportamientos brutales en la humanidad.A su cargo tendrá a Ellie,joven que es muy importante para un grupo de personas.Se desarrolla de un modo muy crucial,a tales grados que casi pierden sus vidas en su épica aventura,pues no solo los infectados serán su mayor amenaza sino también los humanos quienes ahora se agrupan y matan o adquieren recursos de los fallecidos.Es excelente,un relato en el que todo puede pasar y siempre te dan ganas de saber que habrá en la esquina.

Jugabilidad:

Apadrinado quizás en parte por su hermano mayor,la saga Uncharted,The last of us toma esa base y la vuelve mas estratégica. Tal es así que podremos crear desde botiquines hasta armas caseras como subir de nivel y mejorar nuestro equipo.Sumado a eso,Joel subirá sus capacidades mediante la cantidad de pastillas que recuperemos y las gastaremos en sus habilidades. Dinámico,sagaz y en todo momento sin descanso alguno y con los ojos bien abiertos a cualquier enemigo o trampa.

Música:

A cargo del compatriota argentino Gustavo Santaolalla,el entramado sonoro de las pistas de audio se hace tan versátil como acompañante a lo largo de la aventura.Un charango en un paraje desierto,fuertes toques de guitarra cuando la acción es desenfrenada,un escape inintencionado con golpes leves de música de fondo,estamos delante de una película,y siendo sincero nada tiene que envidiar a grandes producciones cinematográficas actuales.

Adicción:

¿Cuantas horas dura el juego?,es la pregunta de muchos fanáticos frente a este survival de aventura,pues les diré con toda franqueza que unas 16 horas nos costara pasárnoslo en dificultad normal,unas 18 con todo explorado y si queremos subir las habilidades de Joel al menos pasar el juego unas 2 veces.Eso sin contar que también tenemos a nuestra disposición un vistoso multijugador online,en el cual prima la estrategia y no la fuerza bruta,grupos de 5 contra 5 en una lucha sin cuartel entre Cazadores y Luciérnaga.Si tu plan es sacarle el jugo y platinar,al menos como mínimo tienes unas 65 u 70 horas.

Conclusión:

En exclusiva para el sistema de entretenimientos Playstation 3,nos encontramos frente a uno de los ya establecidos estandartes que esta generación nos dejara,y el cual consagro una vez mas a Naughty Dog como una first party de renombre.Historia palpitante,gráficos soberbios,banda sonora de lujo,y una jugabilidad que hasta los mas nuevos no desaprovecharan,si tienes una PS3 no puedes no haber vivido y no jugado a The last of us.

NOTA FINAL :9,8
  25. Jul 3, 2013
    I made an account especially to praise this game in what is probably my second favourite game ever as a single player experience alone. That is before I even consider the multiplayer.

I enjoyed so much of this game, below is a comment I made on another site while still playing through the campaign. 'I'm about 80% through on hard and loving it, every time I go to play for two hours I

'I'm about 80% through on hard and loving it, every time I go to play for two hours I find I've been playing it 4 hours and it's pitch black outside and everyone's asleep.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played, it does have flaws but they pale into insignificance over the course of the game.

Just wow, I don't want it to end.'

Well it did eventually end and I honestly can't say a games story telling, connection to the characters have ever effected me in the way the last of us did. I literally was stunned for days afterward thinking about the journey I had just travelled and whether the outcome was justified. I have eventually come to terms with my emotions through the final sections of the game and my assessment still stands. A brilliant game, not without flaws but they really do pale into insignificance. This is a brilliantly gorgeous, thought provoking, simple, enjoyable, gritty adventure that avoids cheap scare tactics and also avoids many things which might draw comparisons to Uncharted.

This game is like that brilliant film you watch and you pray to god there isn't a sequel as you know it'll struggle to compete.

My score 9.99/10, not everyone will love it, but those who do will adore it.
  26. Jul 3, 2013
    Naughty Dog has done it again with the PS3! A deserving send off to the console. This game is what every game should be. The visuals and the sound design just add on to the entire pacing of the game. The game is emotional, it starts rather slow on that plot but when the things get going I am sure you will never put the controller down. ITS THAT GOOD!
  27. Jul 3, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a masterpiece, it may not be a perfect game, but what does, does it well. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie,The Last Of Us is a masterpiece, it may not be a perfect game, but what does, does it well. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie, but that is the only problem that the game has. The way the game plays, and the way that the game ends, it will keep you on edge from start to finish. And I can say that The Last Of Us is one of this generations best, and a very solid game that could be Game Of The Year 2013. Expand
  28. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece, I have to say this is the best game I have EVER played, me being a gamer I have played a lot of games in my time and this game tops God of War 3. The motion capture is AMAZING in this game!! In the first five minutes of the game I was already glued to my seat. Here is the storyline: Joel, a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross, lives in one ofThis game is a masterpiece, I have to say this is the best game I have EVER played, me being a gamer I have played a lot of games in my time and this game tops God of War 3. The motion capture is AMAZING in this game!! In the first five minutes of the game I was already glued to my seat. Here is the storyline: Joel, a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross, lives in one of the last remaining Quarantine Zones. These walled-off, oppressive cities are run by what's left of the military. Despite the strict martial law, Joel operates in the black market of the city, smuggling contraband for the right price. Joel is asked by a dying friend to look after Ellie, a fourteen-year-old girl with courage beyond her years. What starts out as a simple job to deliver Ellie to another Quarantine Zone, soon transforms into a profound journey that will forever change Joel and Ellie. As they trek across a post-pandemic United States, Joel and Ellie will encounter different factions of survivors that have each found a unique way of dealing with the infected humans, the lack of supplies, and the threat of other survivors. As Joel and Ellie struggle to persevere, they must learn to trust each other and work together in order to survive the realities of this new world. At its core, The Last of Us is about the bond that forms between Joel and Ellie it is the story of love, loyalty, and redemption. If you loved Uncharted 3: Drake's Deceptions gameplay you will love The Last of Us gameplay, it's much more evolved and has a lot more to offer. If you have a PS3 and have not played this masterpiece then I feel very very sorry for you. The multiplayer is ok but the real deal is the single player! 10/10, a must buy!! Expand
  29. Jul 6, 2013
    Playing The Last of Us we can see a work of years by Naughty Dog. I never played something incredible like this game, it has the fun of Uncharted series in a perfect post-apocalypse world. The graphics are probably the best that you can have with your Playstation 3, and I can say that in different ways! Facial expression, ambience and the details of Joel and Ellie.
    The plot will get you
    The plot will get you in 15 minutes and it will just get better and better for like 14 hours of gameplay.
    The game could not be with another name, because Naughty Dog sent us to feel like we're really the last of us. The best game of my life.
  30. Jul 6, 2013
    There is not much to say about the game apart from flawless. It has excellent performance from both Ashley and Troy, also the deep emotional feelings that comes with it.

Stealth gameplay is well thought of, and starting a generator might invite unwanted attention but needed to be done in order to progress. Crafting system in real time adds to that 'omg omg' moments, especially when low in heath. In saying that, the game is generous in terms of giving off crafting supplies in some places that requires a little of exploration and puzzle solving. It can also act as indication to events that will happen such as incoming horde or boss fights.
  31. Jul 6, 2013
    The Last Of Us, a game that was anticipated for a long while, I really did not see it at first, but now I definitely do. I can't start to express on how this was one of the best journeys I have been through and believe me i have been through alot. The story, the gameplay, the character development was all just perfect. I have grown get attached and love most of the characters butThe Last Of Us, a game that was anticipated for a long while, I really did not see it at first, but now I definitely do. I can't start to express on how this was one of the best journeys I have been through and believe me i have been through alot. The story, the gameplay, the character development was all just perfect. I have grown get attached and love most of the characters but especially Ellie. Ellie's character development just completed the game to its fullest. It is a must buy for everyone, Naughty Dog has really pushed through and showed us that a game can be a masterpiece and at the same time have a long in depth story. The dark feel and atmosphere in the game was just perfect, makes you feel really intense and on your toes on all times. The graphics were just out of this world, never in my life have a I witnessed such lively pixels. The voice acting was perfect, gives you goosebumps when ever someone shouts or screeches or anything of that sort. The ending really makes you want a sequel, which I do. The overall performance of the game has lead it to become a masterpiece, in my eyes at least. Kudos Naughty Dog for giving us this beautiful game. Expand
  32. Jul 6, 2013
    If you feel that this game deserves less than a 10, than I will not argue, because there are some bugs that may be hard to overlook. For me however, I give it a ten, because the entire package makes up for the short comings. Don't listen to angry Xbox fanboys giving the game a 0. This game deserves higher than that. Only major short coming for me is the A.I. They could be retarded. My tenIf you feel that this game deserves less than a 10, than I will not argue, because there are some bugs that may be hard to overlook. For me however, I give it a ten, because the entire package makes up for the short comings. Don't listen to angry Xbox fanboys giving the game a 0. This game deserves higher than that. Only major short coming for me is the A.I. They could be retarded. My ten does not mean the game is perfect. ALL GAMES ARE FLAWED, but this game makes up for all of it. It deserves anywhere from 8 10. Expand
  33. Jul 7, 2013
    I finished the game on Hard and Survivor and wow, I am amazed by the quality of the graphics, I loved the storyline and the soundtrack is beautiful, I've already learnt the theme song on guitar...
  34. Jul 7, 2013
    The last of us is an interesting game that strikes all the right notes from good music, to an interesting and famillar yet different story. The last of us is not zombies, and it's not about defeating them or anything generic that some people on here swear it is and hand out 0 or 1's. What makes The Last of Us great is its very real out take and sense of urgency the looming doom and gloomThe last of us is an interesting game that strikes all the right notes from good music, to an interesting and famillar yet different story. The last of us is not zombies, and it's not about defeating them or anything generic that some people on here swear it is and hand out 0 or 1's. What makes The Last of Us great is its very real out take and sense of urgency the looming doom and gloom that comes from a world that is left in ruins. The infection is not viral and is not made up. It's a fungus, a real fungus found in the wild although incapable of infecting human species but can and doe affect insect in the forests. The story plays out as it's trying to accomplish one thing, chronicle the lore and struggles of the protagonist and his companion Ellie. The varying people they encounter and the state of what society has been reduced too are remainders of a world that is besieged by fear and the loom of death that gives us a psychological horror and the need to "survive". The combat found in the last of us an get repetitive but it's also very real, in the sense that one bite is game over. Ammo and items are found very scarcely and most of it must be crafted from the supplies squandered as you go along journey. There is no OMEGA 6 Anti Viral Agent Team Zeta elite trained special assassin here, nor should there be; with that sad the combat is stealth and a fight or flight orientation often forcing the players to play quitley and think before they make an action. All together it's playing a movie that you control, from the voice actors to the quality of the game (We must remember this is a 6 year old console that has 6 year old parts and limitations) is very good given what is available.
    The game has you grow to appreciate the unique story of just a normal man and his companion attempting to make a living and maybe even find a future amongst a world of ruin and destruction. That is the masterpiece that is "The Last of Us" and I'd highly recommend it
  35. Jul 7, 2013
    For a long time i've fought internally over whether to consider video games as a form of art or as a simple diversion. For the most part, I haven't come across many that I would consider worthy of the distinction of being called "art". That being said, I just finished "The Last of Us" and to be frank i was completely blown away. Simply put, the game put out by Naughty Dog is truly anFor a long time i've fought internally over whether to consider video games as a form of art or as a simple diversion. For the most part, I haven't come across many that I would consider worthy of the distinction of being called "art". That being said, I just finished "The Last of Us" and to be frank i was completely blown away. Simply put, the game put out by Naughty Dog is truly an amazing experience and deserves to be given the aforementioned distinction of being called "art". The story was so compelling and so incredible that more than once i got goosebumps going through it and if a video game can do that, then in my eyes, it's rightly on par with any motion picture or book that has ever made me encounter the same feelings.... Childish or not, experiences like i had with The Last of Us are the whole reason ill always be a gamer. Expand
  36. Jul 7, 2013
    i can't describe it.it is above than awesome.above than masterpiece.and....i can't describe it with my tongue.10 out of 10 isn't enough for this game.story is a new idea.some people says it is repetitive.they say:we had this story in resident evil 6?!!!!!!!!!!!!realy.WTF!jake just had a special blood type not any more.but look at last of us.look at emotinal relations beetween joel andi can't describe it.it is above than awesome.above than masterpiece.and....i can't describe it with my tongue.10 out of 10 isn't enough for this game.story is a new idea.some people says it is repetitive.they say:we had this story in resident evil 6?!!!!!!!!!!!!realy.WTF!jake just had a special blood type not any more.but look at last of us.look at emotinal relations beetween joel and elly.did we have this relations in that game?graphic is the best graphic in 7th generations.halo4 just is a usual graphic when you compare it with last of us.game play in normal difficulty is't very hard.but in hard(i don't remember what was the difficulty name)it redact your sweat.music is.....i don't know what should i say.every thing in this game is better than you can think.just buy it if you have ps3 and if you don't have it borrow someone's!it is the best 7th generations and GOTY! Expand
  37. Jul 7, 2013
    This is one of those rare games that is worth the full $60 retail price. The story mode is among the finest I have ever experienced. Each character is so well developed and if you find that you can't make a connection with the leads in the first couple of hours, don't stop playing. Eventually you will grow a strong bond with Joel and Ellie as you take them across the desolated UnitedThis is one of those rare games that is worth the full $60 retail price. The story mode is among the finest I have ever experienced. Each character is so well developed and if you find that you can't make a connection with the leads in the first couple of hours, don't stop playing. Eventually you will grow a strong bond with Joel and Ellie as you take them across the desolated United States after a medical outbreak wipes out most of civilization. The graphics are phenomenal and the voice acting is superb. Most criticisms I have heard of this game are regarding the enemy AI, and the fact that your comrades will run into the sight of the enemy yet pass unnoticed. My argument is that this game wouldn't work if the enemies noticed your allies and would turn into a frustrating mess. Why would you want to worry about the stealth of a character that you can not control? You have to suspend your beliefs a little. After all, it is a video game. The campaign took me about 13 hours to complete on normal, and even after all that time I wanted more. Thankfully there is a decent online multiplayer mode to accompany the story. Ultimately this game ends up being my favorite Playstation 3 experience by an interstellar mile. I still can't get some of its vivid images out of my head. I highly recommend it. Expand
  38. Jul 7, 2013
    Truth be told this is a game not for the faint of hart but its compelling story and imaginative villains make this an unmissable game for any gamer that is brave enough to play it. It also has amazing multiplier mechanics that will be the bench mark for next gen online gaming.
  39. Jul 7, 2013
    Excelente jogo, qualquer fã de videogame deve jogá-lo, forte candidato a melhor game do ano e até da geração, a Naughty Dog se superou mais uma vez.
    Positivo:
    -História marcante e envolvente -Jogabilidade fantástica e diferenciada, com a exploração,combate e criação de itens ótimos -Gráficos soberbos -Áudio fantástico mesmo sem muitas músicas, o silêncio e som dos inimigos te dão um
    Positivo:
    -História marcante e envolvente
    -Gráficos soberbos
    -Áudio fantástico mesmo sem muitas músicas, o silêncio e som dos inimigos te dão um tom de suspense e tensão muito gratificantes
    -Um dos melhores Multiplayers em terceira pessoa que tem, com tons do singleplayer muito bons
    Negativo:
    -Em alguns momentos a I.A. dos inimigos falha para ver/ouvir os personagens secundários, porém nada que comprometa ou tire o mérito do jogo
  40. Jul 7, 2013
    This game will be something i will definitely remember for years to come. The story kept me intrigued right up until its final moments. The combat through-out felt important, i never felt like i was just making my way through cannon fodder. Also on combat, the shear brutality of it was amazing, finally something that shuns the child safe coating of other games and appeals directly to aThis game will be something i will definitely remember for years to come. The story kept me intrigued right up until its final moments. The combat through-out felt important, i never felt like i was just making my way through cannon fodder. Also on combat, the shear brutality of it was amazing, finally something that shuns the child safe coating of other games and appeals directly to a mature audience without glorifying the act. I can't wait to see what naughty dog does next. Expand
  41. Jul 8, 2013
    This game took us to a whole new level of gaming, it made the other games looks like "Just Games" for me.. "The Last Of Us" it's almost a Hollywood movie with this highly character performance and graphics quality

I finished the game on "hard mode" and it was amazing, and now I'm repeating this wonderful experience on "Survival mode" and I really feel as a survival in this mode. in

in the end i advice all PS3 owners to play this masterpiece which called "The Last Of Us" with no hesitation.
  42. Jul 8, 2013
    I finished the game on Hard, and it was absolutely fantastic, though since it was such a short amount of time for the main story (20 or so hours, when I'm accustomed to getting at least 40 hours out of RPG type games I pay such high amounts for) I normally would have only rated it an 8 or a 9. However, I just started a new game on Survivor, and it is even more glorious. Survivor mode isI finished the game on Hard, and it was absolutely fantastic, though since it was such a short amount of time for the main story (20 or so hours, when I'm accustomed to getting at least 40 hours out of RPG type games I pay such high amounts for) I normally would have only rated it an 8 or a 9. However, I just started a new game on Survivor, and it is even more glorious. Survivor mode is what earns this game the high reviews it has received and it is what is earning the 10 score from me.

Survivor mode is a true gaming experience with reduced requirements of cognitive dissonance. I say this because lower level difficulties give you extremely useful but overpowered tools to get through the game. My biggest gripe with lower level difficulties is that you can essentially hear everything around you.

Not so in Survivor mode! You CANNOT use echo-location to hear where your opponents are and how they are moving. This fact raises the tension through the roof and makes every single encounter an experience in and of itself. When you're in a room with 10 clickers and you cannot track their movements through superhuman hearing, the realism of the danger really digs itself in and you experience moments of sheer and utter panic at not knowing what is coming from around the corner at you, and this lack of an out forces you to plan your actions very carefully.

I will list what I see as the PROS of this game and the CONS of this game in order to explain my exuberance at this piece of art.

PROS

-Immersive and believable post-apocalyptic world, with an extremely well-researched and developed backstory and framework.
    - Stellar graphics, truly amazing, look around and in every single moment you will find yourself enjoying the view and the effort that was made to make the environment credible.
    -Every single action taken regarding combat decisions is a battle in and of itself
    -Extreme prejudice is required in order to survive from one encounter to the next
    -The most excruciating gaming experience I ever encountered was when I ended an encounter and had to survive without enough medical supplies to last to get to the next encounter. This game forces you to think very hard about the consequence of every bullet used.
    - The story is one of the best I've ever encountered in both literature and media of this nature. The intro is a real hook, and the emotional involvement and attachment that the player develops for the characters is bar none some of the most impressive character building ever. When the end comes there is a real connection to the choices that are made by the storytellers and a clear understanding for why the ending makes sense.
    - The cinematic quality of the game: I love movies, and this game feels like you are playing the protagonist of a very long film.

CONS

- Cognitive dissonance heightened in lower difficulty levels
    - As others have complained, the lack of a credible melee weapon is rather unfortunate. It makes no sense that the protagonist doesn't have a knife or machete or something that doesn't break after a couple of hits. Yes, melee weapons and upgrades are great, and yes it is another part of ensuring careful shepherding of resources, but it was still rather irksome.
    - Ammo is really scarce, though your opponents seem to be able to blast you like crazy. Really concerning when you are killing soldiers and somehow they don't have any ammo for you to gather. This is both a pro and a con, as it raises tension and forces innovation in combat situations but is still super annoying.
    - Lack of narrative choice the story is extremely linear and though it is wonderfully told and the ending is truly incredible, I am still disappointed that choice wasn't calculated to make this a far more realistic game.
    - Bugs, though not game-breaking, there are still some that are really bothersome if you encounter them (but easily fixed through going back to a checkpoint, though it gets annoying if you have to go back after 30 minutes of fighting your way through only to have to do it again).
    - The absolute scarcity of some necessary materials
    - No meaningful death: this is not a survival game but is instead a movie where you play the protagonist.

I gave this score based solely on the primary game, though I'm sure the multi-player features are wonderful. Since this game is in absolutely no way whatsoever effected by multi-player (as opposed to, say, Dark Souls, where multi-player is fairly important), I won't review it here.

All-in-all one of the best gaming experiences I've ever encountered, and I've been around the block a few times (started playing video games/computer games back in 1992 on pretty much every major system that has come out)
  43. Jul 8, 2013
    Definitely the best game of current generation. Not only a single player but multiplayer as well.
    Also that it's the most intense game I've ever played.
  44. Jul 8, 2013
    Best game i'v played in ages. Worth 100$. Single player is worth 60$ alone. I haven't been so addicted to a multiplayer since my old xbox days with halo 3. All my friends find it just as addictive. The single player is the only game i'd play through a few times alongside RDR, Just amazing. If you own a ps3, you owe it to yourself to buy this. If you don't...your just missing out.
  45. Jul 8, 2013
    This game really had proved me wrong when I had first played this game. My first thought on the game was "Wow, this game has mad graphics" but once you start this game, you will finish it. This game has lots to offer and to be honest has some minor problems but because i enjoyed this game so much i gave it a 10. I've read some of the other reviews and one thing I have to agree on is thatThis game really had proved me wrong when I had first played this game. My first thought on the game was "Wow, this game has mad graphics" but once you start this game, you will finish it. This game has lots to offer and to be honest has some minor problems but because i enjoyed this game so much i gave it a 10. I've read some of the other reviews and one thing I have to agree on is that there should have been more puzzle into the game. When I first figured out that we needed to use the bin or the ladder/plank I was amazed. Once you got further into the game you just knew that you had to find one of them to get over/across.

One more thing that I personally believe would be the most amazing feature would be to control the way you speak to others. For example you have a couple of lines pre-made by Naughty Dog and you just select which one on how you think your character should talk to the person. If anyone wants to see what I mean, get the game 'The Walking Dead' probably one of the favourites too. All in all this was AMAZING. thanks naughty dog!
  46. Jul 8, 2013
    "The Last Of Us" is truly one of the best games i ever played. You can really connect will Ellie and Joel. Joel and Ellie relationship improves after they save each others lives. Joel sees Ellie as his replacement daughter, Ellie just wants to go to the Fireflies. Ellie did not know that they were going to sacrifice her life for a vaccine. If she died for a cure, what are the chances that"The Last Of Us" is truly one of the best games i ever played. You can really connect will Ellie and Joel. Joel and Ellie relationship improves after they save each others lives. Joel sees Ellie as his replacement daughter, Ellie just wants to go to the Fireflies. Ellie did not know that they were going to sacrifice her life for a vaccine. If she died for a cure, what are the chances that the cure would work?, How would they deliver the cure to world of people infected. Joel decided to lie to Ellie and tells her there are many other immune to the disease like herself and that the Fireflies have stopped looking for a cure. Ellie asks Joel" Swear to me everything you said about the Fireflies is true". Joel replies "i swear". Ellie then takes a little bit of a pause which suspects that she does not believe him, but says ok. Truly an amazing game, which has amazing graphics. By far the best PS3 exclusive and game. Expand
  47. Jul 9, 2013
    One of the best games that I have ever played. It has great gameplay, a deep and emotional story, and to top it off, It has a challenging multiplayer. A 10/10 in my opinion.
  48. Jul 10, 2013
    The last of us is one of the best game of this generation. The single player has already been praised a lot so i'll just talk about the multiplayer. The multiplayer remains true to the story, it does break the illusion of the game world (Tomb raider MP is great example where it felt out of place). Both single player and multiplayer are very similar in story and gameplay. The crafting isThe last of us is one of the best game of this generation. The single player has already been praised a lot so i'll just talk about the multiplayer. The multiplayer remains true to the story, it does break the illusion of the game world (Tomb raider MP is great example where it felt out of place). Both single player and multiplayer are very similar in story and gameplay. The crafting is very well done in MP. The in game upgrades are awesome and add tension to the game. Expand
  49. Jul 11, 2013
    This is by far one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics are amazing and all the stuff to do and collect. By far my favorite game ever. I would love it, if there was a The last of us 2 in the near future.
  50. Jul 13, 2013
    Never have I played a better game... The graphics ,the story all are beyond expectations.Naughty Dogs have put in Great efforts to give us fourteen hours of entertainment.the story is very realistic and this game could be made one hell of a movie.
  51. Jul 15, 2013
    it is very rare a game this good is released, let alone an exclusive. With a story so good it could fit into a million pound blockbuster movie and scripting worth an award its hard to not get attached to The Last Of us' fantastic characters. Throughout the game I cared very much for Joel and Ellie and the great game play and combat mechanics puts a cherry on the cake for a game what canit is very rare a game this good is released, let alone an exclusive. With a story so good it could fit into a million pound blockbuster movie and scripting worth an award its hard to not get attached to The Last Of us' fantastic characters. Throughout the game I cared very much for Joel and Ellie and the great game play and combat mechanics puts a cherry on the cake for a game what can only be challenged by the likes of GtaV for game of the year. Expand
  52. Aug 25, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A masterclass in emotive nuanced gaming. Imagine Uncharted but much more subtle. Some gut wrenching moments. Just play it, seriously.
  53. Jul 18, 2013
    Everything about this game deserves true praise to have a great storyline to feel connected to the characters emotionally throughout the entire story the game play and presentation all blew me away. But to cap it all off to question ourselves what is right and wrong. Overall a fantastic game.
  54. Jul 19, 2013
    Pros:
    - Best game i ever played
    - Best story of all time
    - Cinematic action intense gameplay
    - Masterpiece
    - This is the only game beside (Final Fantasy Crisis Core) made me cry :(
    - Just buy it!

Cons:
    - Some AI issues but managable
  55. Jul 26, 2013
    Let me begin by saying that this game deserves all the praise it has gotten. From the opening scene to the final credits, I was enthralled. The sheer emotional experience that The Last of Us achieves is unheard of, for me anyway, in the gaming industry. I have never cried during a movie, book or game, but I did during this game. The story is amazing, because every single character has aLet me begin by saying that this game deserves all the praise it has gotten. From the opening scene to the final credits, I was enthralled. The sheer emotional experience that The Last of Us achieves is unheard of, for me anyway, in the gaming industry. I have never cried during a movie, book or game, but I did during this game. The story is amazing, because every single character has a depth, a realism, to them, and I couldn't help but connect with. Not only did this game make me connect to the main characters, but it also resonated with the people that I fought. I remember, during the first fight against other people, I was sneaking around cover, and overheard a conversation that the enemy AI's were having. One of them was telling the other one about his little cousin that ran off to join the fireflies (a group searching for a cure), and ended by saying that he hoped that his cousin was OK, and that he would see him again. I had to go into that room and smash that man's head into a table, so I guess he will never see his cousin again. The game puts a weight on death that makes you feel remorse for a guy that was on screen for three minutes. The Last of Us has an amazing story, that is augmented by its extremely impressive graphics. Everything moves realistically, and looks amazing while it is. The environment is beautiful, and because of the bleak outlook, brings to mind a sadness for the destruction that brought humanity so low. Although the AI was a bit wonky in some sections, it does not detract from the game, and is not noticeable in the majority of combat. The combat is brutal, as anyone will say, and gives greatness to the multiplier. The tactical matches give as much tension as the main story does. Overall, The Last of Us is an experience, one that cannot be passed up. I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone. The story is impeccable, it's the best movie I've ever played. Do not miss this game. If you own a ps3, get this game; you will not be sorry. Expand
  56. Jul 28, 2013
    I'd like to start by saying that this is a phenomenal game and is very deserving of a 9/10 at least, if not 10/10. I'm definitely not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the best games I've ever played.

This is one of the only games that I've seen that can evoke emotions through it's masterful use of dialogue and storytelling. Naughty Dog definitely took a risk with such an emotional introduction and it paid off. This game had me hooked from the beginning. The narrative takes a cliche idea and gives it a refreshing twist. The voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a game thus far, only being slightly beat out by Mass Effect 3. The characters are dynamic and clearly develop as the story progresses. The combat system is very fluid and easy to use for first time players of 3rd person shooters. The enemies are intelligent and actually do use tactics to try to make your life as hard as possible; a pleasant change from the common enemies in most shooters. The landscapes are beautiful and very detailed. Each location is set apart from the others with its own individual weather patterns and foliage, making it difficult to become bored with exploring each setting.

The crafting/upgrade system could be a bit more complex since scavenging for supplies is such a large part of the game. The friendly AI is somewhat dodgy in that they are apparently not ever seen or heard by enemies when in stealth mode. This could be helpful in that it could cause much frustration if they were seen. I have not experienced any bugs that you may read about in other reviews. The ending left me somewhat unsatisfied, but rumors that it may become a series quickly relieved me.

I'm usually not a fan of super hyped games, but I'm glad people talked me into getting this game. I would highly recommend buying this game if you have a PS3. If not, I would urge you to get a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing this game. It is definitely one of the best games of the year thus far and quite possibly one of the best of my generation.
  57. Jul 26, 2013
    As I played through the first hour or so, with 'best game of the generation' reviews fresh in my head, I couldnt help but think it couldnt possibly live up to the hype. It was a great game, sure, with a great story, but perfect? I wasnt so sure. But as i continued to immerse myself in the story, I knew I was playing something special. The story, is in fact, one of the best, if not the bestAs I played through the first hour or so, with 'best game of the generation' reviews fresh in my head, I couldnt help but think it couldnt possibly live up to the hype. It was a great game, sure, with a great story, but perfect? I wasnt so sure. But as i continued to immerse myself in the story, I knew I was playing something special. The story, is in fact, one of the best, if not the best story I have experienced in a video game. Visually, the game paints an absolutely stunning portrait of your surroundings.. beautiful, or haunting.. abandoned subway station, or serene forests, the visuals are unforgettable. The great thing about The Last of Us, is the gameplay keeps up step for step with everything else. It's Uncharted taken to another level.
    I had fun playing situations over and over, trying to figure out how to succeed. The game is brutally unforgiving, every single round of ammo is worth twice its weight in gold, which is how it should be given the setting. You will find yourself scouring every corner of the environment, trying to find an extra couple rounds, or a few scraps of materials to help construct a health kit or shiv.
    But it will always come back to the story.. the characters.. the incredible world that Naughty Dog created. Do NOT miss this game. As the final credits are rolling, you will sit there like the rest of us, thinking of how special what you just experienced really was.
  58. Jul 28, 2013
    I want to thank Naughty Dog for this excellent videogame. I really enjoyed it. Very interesting gameplay. I like that there is no enough ammo all the time and you should survive somehow. I can't wait for "The Last of Us 2".
  59. Aug 1, 2013
    I should start off by saying that this game is a stunning experience, and that Naughty Dog has yet again proven that they are one of the best Developers in the industry. The story is phenomenal, gripping and a joy to play through. The gameplay/combat is also quite fun, and fits good into both single-player and multiplayer. All though i must say that the multiplayer in this game is underI should start off by saying that this game is a stunning experience, and that Naughty Dog has yet again proven that they are one of the best Developers in the industry. The story is phenomenal, gripping and a joy to play through. The gameplay/combat is also quite fun, and fits good into both single-player and multiplayer. All though i must say that the multiplayer in this game is under developed, they could of done so much more with it and made it even better. But, that's not to say the multiplayer is bad, the multiplayer is fun, unique and gives the player more replay-ability. The game does have technical difficulties like all games, but none to the extent where it ruins the experience, so there is no need to worry about that. If you own a PS3, go and get this game as soon as you can. It is a must own. Expand
  60. Aug 2, 2013
    Last of us should be considerd as art like metro last light .Excelent story not unique zombie game when you are full of ammo and shoot them in heads this disese realy excists but on insects so that mean it is not stupid zombie story .graphics and caracter animations best very realistic game It has some sad moments but only thing i dont like that the game is linear so when you completeLast of us should be considerd as art like metro last light .Excelent story not unique zombie game when you are full of ammo and shoot them in heads this disese realy excists but on insects so that mean it is not stupid zombie story .graphics and caracter animations best very realistic game It has some sad moments but only thing i dont like that the game is linear so when you complete it you dont have reason to get back and play it again.to bad it is only on ps3 Expand
  61. Aug 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is easily the best game of this gaming generation. I do not say this statement lightly. I truly and sincerely believe that this game has set the standard for video games. Naughty Dog has once again created a masterpiece and have proven, once again, they know how to make games. The gripping story, amazing graphics, the characters, the dialogue, and the overall immersiveThe Last of Us is easily the best game of this gaming generation. I do not say this statement lightly. I truly and sincerely believe that this game has set the standard for video games. Naughty Dog has once again created a masterpiece and have proven, once again, they know how to make games. The gripping story, amazing graphics, the characters, the dialogue, and the overall immersive experience create a memorable experience. The best game I have played in a long time. You will love this game to death. It is as close to perfect as possible. Expand
  62. Aug 2, 2013
    I knew this game was going to be special and was really excited for it, When I first saw a gameplay video of it and saw that IGN gave it a 10/10 I was thinking it can't be a perfect score, maybe close but not perfect. After playing it a few weeks after release, I now see why it was given so many perfect scores. I would personally rate it an 11/10 if I could.The Last of us is aI knew this game was going to be special and was really excited for it, When I first saw a gameplay video of it and saw that IGN gave it a 10/10 I was thinking it can't be a perfect score, maybe close but not perfect. After playing it a few weeks after release, I now see why it was given so many perfect scores. I would personally rate it an 11/10 if I could.The Last of us is a masterpiece.It us does everything right, It's the first game I've played in my entire life where I can actually say that a game made me cry. This game just provokes your emotions and is hands down my Game of the year, probably my game of the generation. It has really set the bar for storytelling and future games and has possibly given us a sneak peak of future PS4 games. Bottomline, The Last of us isn't a game, it's an experience that everyone should see. It's crazy knowing that the last of us's story is just as complex as say a movie. Expand
  63. Aug 3, 2013
    I finished playing this game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was playing through the story. First of all the story is brilliant, thrilling, exciting and even at times funny. The mechanics are extremely clever and makes the whole game-play much more realistic than what many people might be used to. Being depended on creating and upgrading different weapons byI finished playing this game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was playing through the story. First of all the story is brilliant, thrilling, exciting and even at times funny. The mechanics are extremely clever and makes the whole game-play much more realistic than what many people might be used to. Being depended on creating and upgrading different weapons by finding different tools and not to mention the interactions of the other characters makes it a overall a realistic gaming experience. The characters are genuine and likable especially Ellie and Joel -which makes you hope the adventure between them never stops. The art design and the graphics really do make a rare realistic environment of what would happen to cities if the systems went down, by showing the true beauty of nature. It's a clever contrast between all of the horrifying stuff you go through and becomes a sort of reminder of what's good and "human". The soundtracks are flawless. I remember entering the ending credits without even noticing the credits because of the amazing soundtracks that just bombed me with nostalgia from the wonderful journey I just finished. The online multiplayer experience is quite unique but extremely risky that takes time to get used to. Still The Last of Us is truly amazing and it might not only be the best game of the year, but also one of the best games ever created. What are you waiting for? Go buy it now! Expand
  64. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is a big step on gaming in terms of how you can transmit a very good story and feel without abusing cutscenes. As a gamer who is not a big fan of horror games this one truly impressed me for the fact that it is a horror game without jump scares. This is one of the only games which have really put a big emphasis on how gun fights really are and that we don't have unlimited ammoThis game is a big step on gaming in terms of how you can transmit a very good story and feel without abusing cutscenes. As a gamer who is not a big fan of horror games this one truly impressed me for the fact that it is a horror game without jump scares. This is one of the only games which have really put a big emphasis on how gun fights really are and that we don't have unlimited ammo and that bullets indeed mean something and that is a incredible feat. Just a well rounded game that is tons of fun. Expand
  65. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After seeing some incredible scores here on metacritic, I decided to remove the dust from my PS3, which I haven't used for about 1.5 years and give this game a try. And what can I say... best decision I made in a while. :-)

[WARNING: Spoilers ahead!^^] I'm quite happy that I didn't watch any trailers/videos/screenshot before and also completely ignored the box dvd cover, because it led me (thinking I would go along with Joel and Sarah since this game was obviously about a man and a girl trying to survive in a post-zombie-apocalypse-scenario, as far as I could tell^^) to a complete state of shock, when Sarah died right at the beginning of the game.

While recovering from this shock, the evolving story & brilliant cutscenes pulled me right into that game more than I could ever have imagined. Even though some parts (gameplay, graphics, etc.) reminded me on other games and movies (I am Legend, The Walking Dead, Uncharted,...), The Last of Us was/is a really unique masterpiece, which made me absolutely feel with the characters and kept me thrilled for almost 24 hour straight. I've been almost as busy with hoping/thinking/fearing about things that possibly might happen to one of the characters, as with actually "playing" the game to progress in the story.

And even though it's been two days already since I finished the game, I just can not let go... I'm still thinking about the ending, the whole story, the characters... and it's really absurd: Fot the whole game I thought that Ellie and Joel would both die in the end... or at least one of them... but although they survived, I'm not really happy. Sony somehow managed to make me love them and I want to see more from Joel & Ellie and their future story. So I REALLY hope, there will be (a) sequel(s) or at least some DLCs that will make this possible.
  66. Aug 3, 2013
    This by far the best looking game and the best game i have ever seen and played my god i love it I love it so so much. This game is 10/10 all across love you play station and love you naughty dog
  67. Aug 5, 2013
    If i could give more than 10, i would without hesitation. This game is phenomenal. The voice acting.. the story.. the game play. All perfect. I bought a PS3 despite having an Xbox and PC to play this and it was a great decision, this is what all games should aspire to be. You must play this game, at any cost.
  68. Aug 6, 2013
    With its widespread perfection across gameplay mechanics, voice acting, and storytelling, Last of Us leaves its players in awe, contemplation, and satisfaction.
  69. Aug 7, 2013
    I would have to say this is the most fantastic game I have ever played. Great graphics and the whole game feels real. Love the characters. I had split emotions throughout the game like my wanting to strangle some of the people, being terrified of those damn clickers, and where I cried several times. Overall a game that I am glad I spent my time on and will play once again soon.
  70. Aug 10, 2013
    Best title Naughty Dog has yet released....... hoping for a sequel... My favorite PlayStation 3 game...One of THE BEST video games of the seventh-console generation that surpasses every standard in every way.
  71. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is one of the finest games I've ever played, from the very strong beginning to the end, is proof that video games are getting better and better, and this game makes you feel what everybody is feeling, even better than movies. If you don't have this game, go to the nearest games shop and buy it, you won't regret it.
  72. Aug 17, 2013
    The best game I have ever played. And I have played them all. It has it all, story dialogue, game play that continuously evolves everything. The thing I liked the best was the pacing. This game does not get old. It constantly offers something new. 70% in you change characters (and the way you play). It was amazing. Playing it a 2nd time thru right now and I have NEVER played aThe best game I have ever played. And I have played them all. It has it all, story dialogue, game play that continuously evolves everything. The thing I liked the best was the pacing. This game does not get old. It constantly offers something new. 70% in you change characters (and the way you play). It was amazing. Playing it a 2nd time thru right now and I have NEVER played a game twice. Expand
  73. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Upon buying this game from what little I'd seen, through not wanting to ruin anything for myself, I was more excited than I'd been for any game in a while. This, and only a few other games that I've played have put me in a position of "Well, what do I do now?" after I've completed it. What this game brings to the table is none-other than the greatest story ever told on console, maybe you could push that to ever in gaming, it is certainly the best story ever told to me. One of only two games that's ever made me shed tears and the only game that's ever made me genuinely care for a character's wellbeing as if it were a real person. From a storytelling standpoint, it's phenomenal. I would urge anyone out there who even has the slightest bit of interest to pick this game up immediately. The positions it puts you in with the people you're placed with is brilliant to say the least.

The story sounds like something you've heard before, but that couldn't be further from the truth in reality. I can't quite put into words the significance of the story in this to someone who would be considering this purchase or playthrough. It may be because there's nothing immediate to compare it to in gaming? I don't know, but something about this game is just touching, emotionally and mentally. The tale forces you to think about what could happen to Ellie if this or that went wrong, what could happen to every little object in the world and every person and city in the wake of what has happened in the game. It can bring about sadness, complete and utter heartbreak right through to light giggles (Ellie's dialogue is riddled with them) to outright outbursts of game-pausing laughter (also, mainly due to Ellie's dialogue). It can bring about fear and terror and hype as Joel forces his way to getting what he wants when he wants it when it comes to Ellie safety, the relationship develops beautifully between Ellie and Joel in a father-daughter way. The game will at some point during your playthrough, bring about every emotion you know of, I guarantee it.

From a technical standpoint, it's easily the best looking game on the PS3, a label that seems to come stuck to Naughty Dog like a watermark recently. The lighting is perfect, the textures are excellent and the motions, physics and mechanics in the gameplay are second to none. Voice acting is like something stripped out of a Pixar movie, a dark, morbid Pixar movie to put it awkwardly accurately. Gameplay is smooth and fluid, the gunplay and combat is polished and creative, the weapons you can create and customise/improve are simple and easy to follow, yet superbly detailed. The cutscenes are something you'd expect from a story-based game of this level, if I told you I was surprised by the motion-capture technology used in this game and the beauty of the cutscenes, I'd be lying. Just because I expected them, doesn't mean they don't amaze me. The world looks stunning as well alongside playing brilliantly, obstacles occasionally difficult to follow, yet it keeps the same mechanics so as to keep the gameplay familiar and non-too confusing, but you can make of this what you wish. Back to the main point, the world and the environments look amazing, sublimely crafted and thought up, aesthetically, it's perfect.

The one gripe I have about the game on a serious note, is how the AI interacts with your partner(s). It doesn't, not when in sneaky-sneaky mode anyway. You could be hiding from Hunters, Runners, Clickers, Soldiers and all of a sudden, your buddy is standing in the middle of the hallway in plain sight of the bad guy, and yet they don't acknowledge their existence. While this doesn't happen often at all, it almost certainly will at some point. On a less serious gripe, the game ends too early and for me leaves too much out for me to be perfectly satisfied. You seem to jump from one place to another without taking into account this really important place that you'd have to go to first, places that could've been added to the story to add even more to the game. But then one could make the argument about whether this would make the game tedious and boring through having too much content in the game. But, that's just what I'd have liked to see.

Overall, the game is perfect. I'm afraid to say that it's better than Red Dead Redemption or The Walking Dead, but for me, I think it's worthy of that title on a personal note. Full 10/10.
  74. Aug 22, 2013
    This game is perfect, my only complaint is the load time. The graphics, gameplay, weapons, voice acting, the reality are all phenomenal. Everytime you face a clicker it has the intensity of starting WW3. The game keeps you so in depth that you lose track of time and you just don't want to stop.
    Very excited for multiplayer but trying to restrict myself to singleplayer so i can get the most out of it.
  75. Aug 29, 2013
    muy buen juego, sin duda el mejor de su generación, por lejos vale la pena jugarlo les recomiendo probarlo y sin duda es lo mejor en este momento para esta consola, vamos denle los botos!!!.
  76. Dec 3, 2013
    i had mixed emotions buying this game, was it going to be like some other games being overrated and completely thank god it wasn't, in fact this game lived up to all the rants and even went beyond. its story telling was brilliant and even left me with emotional scars which may never heal...(spoiler) and that was in the first 15 minutes of the game. everything else that follows is just ai had mixed emotions buying this game, was it going to be like some other games being overrated and completely thank god it wasn't, in fact this game lived up to all the rants and even went beyond. its story telling was brilliant and even left me with emotional scars which may never heal...(spoiler) and that was in the first 15 minutes of the game. everything else that follows is just a masterpiece that has to be witnessed by all.
    10/10 would 100% recommend
  77. Feb 24, 2014
    Only one word can describe this game: masterpiece. Great, emotionally driven story, great and relatable characters, and wonderful gameplay, I greatly recommend The Last Of Us to anyone who hasn't played it. While I wish it could have been a few hours longer in length, this game was still nothing short of a masterpeace.
  78. Feb 15, 2014
    This is the best game I have played in the last gen of games, it was creepy and scary at times and it looked fantastic, naughty dog really out did themselves in this game, hope there next game/franchise if even better. If that is at all possible.
  79. Feb 20, 2014
    One of the best PS3 games I have ever played. The graphics, voice acting, plot, and the relationship between Joel and Ellie made this a game that has stuck with me well after completion. There were several moments that completely took me by surprise, but I don't want to list them here due to spoilers. The only complaint with the game is that the partner AI was sometimes a little buggy. ButOne of the best PS3 games I have ever played. The graphics, voice acting, plot, and the relationship between Joel and Ellie made this a game that has stuck with me well after completion. There were several moments that completely took me by surprise, but I don't want to list them here due to spoilers. The only complaint with the game is that the partner AI was sometimes a little buggy. But there are so many great things about this game that somewhat glitchy AI is not too significant.

Overall, I highly recommend this game to any PS3 owner. One of the best games of the generation indeed.
  80. Feb 18, 2014
    To put it simply, if they did a re-release of this game on the PS4, i'd buy it again full price and buy a PS4 in the process even though i played through this game 6 times and done achievement runs.

This game is not without its flaws, the auto-save system isn't the best, there really isn't anyone playing the multilayer, and as a mainly PC gamer i found the lack of AA annoying (but i guess that's most console games).. but even with the flaws the experience I've had with this game is possibly one of the best.

if you have not played this, it is definitely worth checking out as i think its one of the (if not the) best games on last gen consoles.
  81. Feb 23, 2014
    What a piece of work this is! Beautiful graphics, terrific voice acting, gripping gameplay, and such a compelling story! Naughty Dog has delivered one of the most compelling, ambitious, and emotional games of the 21st century.
  82. Mar 15, 2014
    The last of us is my favourite game ever, It's story is fantastic with great characters like Joel and Ellie who are both expertly acted by Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson. The gameplay is exicting and terrifiying whether you're fighting the hunters or infected it's exilarting with one especially scary sequence in the basement of a hotel in which i cowardly hide in a corner with my shotgunThe last of us is my favourite game ever, It's story is fantastic with great characters like Joel and Ellie who are both expertly acted by Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson. The gameplay is exicting and terrifiying whether you're fighting the hunters or infected it's exilarting with one especially scary sequence in the basement of a hotel in which i cowardly hide in a corner with my shotgun aimed nervously. The multiplayer of The Last of us is suprisingly great, it's not just a reskin of uncharted's but a tense team driven experince that's defintly worth a try. The Last of us is argubaly the best PS3 game yet with an excellent story, tense gameplay and great multiplayer it should be in every playstation gamers collection. Expand
  83. May 19, 2014
    From the graphics, which almost seem like they belong on a PS4, to the top-notch voice acting, to the subtle and moving soundtrack, The Last of Us proves that video games can be a form of art. You owe it to yourself to play The Last of Us. It's that good. Read more here. http://intelligentgamer.org/2014/03/11/the-last-of-us-review/
  84. AKR
    May 28, 2014
    Just ... WOWJust ... WOW . Expand
  85. Jun 14, 2013
    Don't know how people can review this game red. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but come on! Zero?! I noticed that the reviewer who scored it this low also scored Battlefield 3 a 10 out of 10. I think multiplayer FPSs are probably more his cup of tea. I'm not a massive fan of that genre but I do know good gameplay, a strong narrative and great graphics when I see them.Don't know how people can review this game red. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but come on! Zero?! I noticed that the reviewer who scored it this low also scored Battlefield 3 a 10 out of 10. I think multiplayer FPSs are probably more his cup of tea. I'm not a massive fan of that genre but I do know good gameplay, a strong narrative and great graphics when I see them. This game has got a few flaws I agree, but bad graphics is definitely not one of them (he surely must have been playing a different game). This is a slow paced, stealth orientated adventure game. You have to be patient and play strategically. The multiplayer might be a bit more fast paced but I wouldn't know as I haven't experienced that side of it yet. This is a game you take your time with, lose yourself in and you really will get the best out of it. On a side note, what about that prologue? In a word...stunning. As is the game overall. Expand
  86. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played in my life!!!!!! I will certainly play this again after i finish it.Those who gave it a negative review are just Xbox fanboys who are stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!
  87. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is sick, from the demo to the full release it deserves a 10 all the way! I'm tired of people saying this game is over-rated or not a survival game, because dieing has no adverse effects other then having to re-do a segment of the game. First off, you want to talk about over rated? Go look up some reviews for COD or Halo or Gears. I mean these god damn fan boys ruin gaming for allThis game is sick, from the demo to the full release it deserves a 10 all the way! I'm tired of people saying this game is over-rated or not a survival game, because dieing has no adverse effects other then having to re-do a segment of the game. First off, you want to talk about over rated? Go look up some reviews for COD or Halo or Gears. I mean these god damn fan boys ruin gaming for all of us you can have your own personal opinion but please, you wouldn't know over rated if it smacked you in the face? Naughty Dog is possibly one of the best video game developers around every game they make is a top tier triple A blockbuster and idc what anyone says. And touching on the point of survival NOT EVERY GAME IS DAY Z OR STATE OF DECAY. I mean its absolutely foolish to say it doesn't punish you enough for dieing so its not a survival game? I mean really? Is dead space not survival horror? Is RE 4 not survival horror, i mean honestly people complain that current gen games are running out of creativity and then you don't make it like another game and every bi**hes its crazy. But for everyone out there who's not a fool, this game deserves your attention. Stunning graphically, combat and controls are perfect, I started playing last night and had a serious debate about calling out of work! Multiplayer is fun but not as good as the campaign if you haven't picked this game up yet DO IT, NOW!! lol Expand
  88. Jun 14, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. No game has ever provoked such desperation in me. I thrive to stay alive even though you get to repeat a section if you fail. This truly is a milestone in gaming. The amount of appreciation I have for naughty dog is at an all time high. Wizardry!
  89. Jun 14, 2013
    Amazing game, from minute you'll be hooked by the story, one of, if not the best story in a game ever.
    The world is deep and credible, you will want to look around and see the story that even just the environment is telling.
    Character's are some of the most lovable in modern gaming, you will be surprised by how much you care about them when playing. Sound, graphics are all top notch,
    Sound, graphics are all top notch, gameplay works great.
    GOTY right here!
  90. Jun 14, 2013
    What more is there left to say, the brutal journey that Joel and Ellie go through is something I have never experienced in gaming. If you don't feel any kind of emotion throughout their adventure.. then you are indeed a clicker.
    Z
    No movie can get you so emotionally involved in all the characters you meet along the way. That is why I love Naughty Dogg, that is why I love The Last of
    Z
    That is why I love Naughty Dogg, that is why I love The Last of Us..
    and that is why I love Video Games!
  91. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us, a survival game with an amazing story, soundtrack, and characters. The gameplay is also very nice (the limited amount of ammo, adds a survival feeling to it). Multiplayer is great as well, but to me thats just icing on the cake. The story is where this game really shines.
  92. Jun 14, 2013
    Naughty Dog at it's Best!

Brilliant Characters, Storyline and Gameplay Maybe to Hard for some, but the apocalypse is not for ****

A Milestone!
  93. Jun 14, 2013
    Of of the best games available on the Playstation 3. The story withing The Last of Us is absolutely amazing, you get a real sense of what the characters are going through and feel the tension through every area. The voice acting is fantastic as is expected. Naughty Dog really have created a wonderfully unique game that is going to be hard to beat in the running for game of the year. OtherOf of the best games available on the Playstation 3. The story withing The Last of Us is absolutely amazing, you get a real sense of what the characters are going through and feel the tension through every area. The voice acting is fantastic as is expected. Naughty Dog really have created a wonderfully unique game that is going to be hard to beat in the running for game of the year. Other reviews criticize the slow pace of the game but this all adds to the atmosphere and tension within the game. I don't think everyone can appreciate the excellence that is within this game but judging by most of the user reviews and critic reviews most of us can agree that this game is truly amazing. Expand
  94. Jun 15, 2013
    There is nothing really more that I can say about this game other than this is the decades finest. From the beautiful overgrown cities and the dark corridors and amazing character models this game looks stunning. The games length is surprising I finished my walkthrough in 10hrs 35mins which is good I normally complete games quickly and can still see and do everything I completed BioshockThere is nothing really more that I can say about this game other than this is the decades finest. From the beautiful overgrown cities and the dark corridors and amazing character models this game looks stunning. The games length is surprising I finished my walkthrough in 10hrs 35mins which is good I normally complete games quickly and can still see and do everything I completed Bioshock infinte in 7hrs 40mins to give you a rough idea, I thought it was going to be shorter just because of the past games Naughty Dog has delivered like Uncharted. From start to finish it really does not disappoint so it was a nice surprise that the story keeps on going. The cast of characters are nicely varied, brining in there own experiences and problems along the way with superb voice acting through out. The sound throughout this game is superb its suttle but only comes in when needed you will spend most of your time listening to birds, wind, tree branches crackle and the sound of Ellie whistling but its to create a atmosphere that works in every situation but I recommend playing with headphones. No matter what difficulty you play on you will find yourself fearing for your life and scavenging the environment for pick ups, it makes exploration in The Last of Us more entertaining, strategic and more of a realistic approach. The stealth and combat are of a more brutal and realistic nature making fighting an enemy all more worth while it really does make you fight for your life.The AI is smart and will flank and will go to your last known position if moved, the only criticism i had was that some of the AI just stand and look at nothing but it takes nothing out of the experience. Animation in this game is the best I have ever seen from the faces to ducking behind cover and shielding Ellie its makes conveying an emotion in this game so clear. No matter what type of gamer you are sport, shooter or platformer you will love The Last of Us this is Naughty Dog at its peak and for people that are giving the game below a 9 don't listen to them because Naughty Dog should really be applauded at the masterpiece this legendary games company has made. A easy 10/10 It really just shows Naughty Dog is the best games company out there and Sony exclusives are the best on the current market, I recommend buying it as this will be a game to be talked about in years to come. Expand
  95. Jun 14, 2013
    This game has that come-back-for-more effect on the player. Naughty Dog has once again delivered on a fantastic game that's both mature and thought-provoking. All of its elements work to a synergistic masterpiece. Tiny details in the game's presentation also breathe life to the already believable world. Do yourself a favor and let The Last of Us immerse you in a world full of wonder,This game has that come-back-for-more effect on the player. Naughty Dog has once again delivered on a fantastic game that's both mature and thought-provoking. All of its elements work to a synergistic masterpiece. Tiny details in the game's presentation also breathe life to the already believable world. Do yourself a favor and let The Last of Us immerse you in a world full of wonder, danger, and everything else in between. Let's just hope that this isn't the last of The Last of Us! Expand
  96. Jun 14, 2013
    Questo gioco e fantastico!Non ho mai provato emozioni cosi in un videogame!La trama e a livelli superlativi complice un'atmosfera e una recitazione stratosferica che ti fanno vivere in prima persona l'avventura di joel e co. Per non parlare della grafica la migliora mai vista su console a livelli da pc!
  97. Jun 14, 2013
    Surpreendente jogo, a volta do genero survival com uma imersão profunda nas hisotria e nos personagens. Um ponto positivo para o audio que impressiona muito. O melhor jogo de survival da geração.
  98. Jun 14, 2013
    I rarely give a 10 to any game, but since I started playing The Last of Us, I just cannot put it down. It is an awesome experience. Whoever says the graphics are not that good clearly have no idea what they are talking about and are just hating for the sake of hating, this game is gorgeous, nothing better out there right now.
  99. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is why I play video games, and is truly the PS3's mantra for games to come.. I've yet to ever post any type of fan boy esque review, but if there ever was a time, this is it. Sucker Punch has continued to provide my beloved console with gems (ie Uncharted) but this epic creation is on a whole new level. Almost enough for one to buy the console just to experience it. From itsThe Last of Us is why I play video games, and is truly the PS3's mantra for games to come.. I've yet to ever post any type of fan boy esque review, but if there ever was a time, this is it. Sucker Punch has continued to provide my beloved console with gems (ie Uncharted) but this epic creation is on a whole new level. Almost enough for one to buy the console just to experience it. From its breathtaking visuals, it's writing, it's ability to make you feel and keep you glued in from setpiece to setpiece, it is perhaps the best video game I've ever played (30+ years of gaming). MGS4 set the bar a while ago and this has blown it out of the water. Don't even think about it. Go out and not only buy this today, but keep it as it will be talked about for years to come. God bless you Sucker punch and PS3. Expand
  100. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us is a masterpiece. The story is heartwarming and the characters are incredible. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson are amazing in The Last of Us. The gameplay gives you some amazing AI with intense combat, cool crafting elements and freedom, most areas let you explore to (in most cases) a great extend which will help make the game last longer (which I clocked in 14+ hours on myThe Last of Us is a masterpiece. The story is heartwarming and the characters are incredible. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson are amazing in The Last of Us. The gameplay gives you some amazing AI with intense combat, cool crafting elements and freedom, most areas let you explore to (in most cases) a great extend which will help make the game last longer (which I clocked in 14+ hours on my first run on hard). The graphics and environments are beautiful and just a sight to look at (and that's not even considering how old the hardware is). The metal system from Uncharted 1 and 2 have returned in the form of 'tags' which extend your replay value as well as many collectibles and hard trophies. You also have the 'survivor' difficulty to handle and lots of cool goodies to play with (like a Jak & Daxter T-shirt for Ellie). There was one point near the end of the game that showed just how powerful the story is that just really touched me so deeply, it was that moment I said I don't care about the minor glitches with the AI, I' am giving this game a 10 out of 10... My first 10/10 (with me giving Uncharted 2 a 9.9)! I have not yet played the multiplayer of the game, but regardless of how good or bad it could be, The Last of Us is the one video game you must absolutely play in your lifetime.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]