The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 9, 2013
    The best game for the PS3, and one of the best games out there. It's simple immersion on everything just makes it wonderful. The story of the game is very rich; it's dark, unpredictable and best of all immersing. The game-play itself is one of the best, though it could have been improved at some points, it' easily on of the best. For example, characters don't interrupt you when you'reThe best game for the PS3, and one of the best games out there. It's simple immersion on everything just makes it wonderful. The story of the game is very rich; it's dark, unpredictable and best of all immersing. The game-play itself is one of the best, though it could have been improved at some points, it' easily on of the best. For example, characters don't interrupt you when you're sneaking, or doing that type of stuff. Talking about AI, the AI is not bad, while some might disagree, I think that in combat they act realistically, because when people are in plain combat, they don't think about anything else, that isn't survival. People in combat sometimes lose their head and do something stupid, and I think the game represented that very well in that aspect. So let's go with characters now, the protagonists of the game are deeply made in my opinion; They have a rich back-story, a good past, and the most important thing, a good story in the course of the game. The game also has good scenarios, deepening very much on the details of the maps and in some cases the AI of the people who live on those places. They feel alive. The difficulty of the game varies upon the way you are, because combating a dozen of zombies, is different than just a few of them, which applies for the armed enemies also. It can be very difficult in some places, while it can be a walk in the park in other situations. That's it for the campaign.
    About the multiplayer, we can tell it's a good MP, like a mix of popular shooters, but improved in a lot of ways. The customization you can give to your character isn't the most biggest one, but I won't say it's small, cause it's not. You can customize your "flag" or logo, your clothing, your attributes and your weapons, all of this helping on the actual game-play. And that's it for most of the game, I think if YOU play it, you'll feel the same. This game is worthy of GOTY, and worthy of being remembered.
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    I really don't have much to say but anyone who's reluctant to buy this game should read all the critics reviews. I was blown away by the fact that I was so attached to these characters. Once I finished it I just couldn't get over that mind boggling ending which made me lose sleep at night. A mesmerizing story and it truly bridge the gap between games and cinema. I'm sure we can expectI really don't have much to say but anyone who's reluctant to buy this game should read all the critics reviews. I was blown away by the fact that I was so attached to these characters. Once I finished it I just couldn't get over that mind boggling ending which made me lose sleep at night. A mesmerizing story and it truly bridge the gap between games and cinema. I'm sure we can expect amazing things from ND in the future. I will have my fingers crossed for TLOU 2. Expand
  3. Aug 10, 2013
    The first review I gave this game was an 8. Needless to say, I've changed my score to a 10 now.

There are very, very minor flaws in this game. Every game has them but in The Last of Us they're so minor that they're not even worth mentioning. When you quit nit picking you can truly appreciate a game for what it is, and The Last of Us smacks everything out of the park.
  4. Jul 28, 2013
    Technisch geht auf der PS3 wohl kaum mehr. Allerdings ist es aufkeinen Fall den Hype Wert der um das Spiel gemacht wird. Gutes Spiel aber ab der Hälfte hat man Gameplaytechnisch schon alles gesehen und die Story ist interessant gehalten, beeindruck am Ende aber doch nur ehr mittelmäßig.
  5. Aug 1, 2013
    This is one of the best games i ever played. The story is awesome also the characters are convincingly.
    You really care about joel and ellie. The graphic and the music and every thing else is fantastic.
    I want such games for other consoles so every gamer can play it.
  6. Aug 9, 2013
    I will have to start out by saying that The Last of Us really does make the end of this Playstation 3 generation something to look back on how it started to where it is now. Naughty Dog is the creator of the "Uncharted" series, and also many other big Playstation games. But the reason i bring the "Uncharted" series up is that "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" was made in November 2007...oneI will have to start out by saying that The Last of Us really does make the end of this Playstation 3 generation something to look back on how it started to where it is now. Naughty Dog is the creator of the "Uncharted" series, and also many other big Playstation games. But the reason i bring the "Uncharted" series up is that "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" was made in November 2007...one year after the PS3 release date in 2006. So if you see how beautiful that game was in 2007 you can see in The Last of Us that Naughty Dog really knows how to push the PS3 to the limits graphics wise. Don't get me wrong, graphics aren't the biggest thing about this game but the game sure does look beautiful and its unique that we get to see one developer at the start of a console's generation and at the end of it. That's not what this is about though, so just take that in as you play this game.
    This game is a masterpiece by its design, story, and game play. When this game was first revealed at E3 with just a teaser trailer I had so much hope for this game based on its post-apocalyptic world also with Naughty Dog as its developer. Well I'm glad I did because the story I think is the best thing about this game because when you play as Joel for the first time in awhile in games you feel like the character, so whatever happens to him good or bad you feel as if its really happening. The game is so emotional you may even forget it's a video game sometimes because it also seems like this summer's best movie at the box office. As for the story, it's amazing but it's also amazing because you don't know what is going to happen and that is exactly why I can not tell you anything about the story. For gameplay this game plays like Uncharted which isn't a bad thing but there are other features in this game Uncharted will never have. There is a crafting system because throughout the game you will pick up items and you will need to use those items to craft weapons and med kits. Also this game has different ways to play. You can be stealthy in some parts of the game, where someone else may run and gun. It depends on how much ammo you were able to come across. For graphics it uses the PS3 to the max, it seems like, on everything possible. For now that is...

Adam
  7. Aug 10, 2013
    This Game is Phenomenal I Loved every Part of this Game though Few Glitches But they never ruined my Fun in the Game from the START and to the END you will get Those "FEELS" and it really will make you think that World is Real Joel Ellie Everyone. I Love This Game i thought about it after Days and Week after completing it and it will stay with me Forever Kudos to Naughty Dog
  8. Aug 17, 2013
    Worst game ever. Not worth playing even if you got it for free. Graphics are too good, it just makes no sense to have something this uncanny in a video game. The story line is too good, I felt uncomfortable being blown away. But worst of all, there is just way too much character development, why would I want to feel this kind of emotional connection to a 14 year old girl? It's just silly.Worst game ever. Not worth playing even if you got it for free. Graphics are too good, it just makes no sense to have something this uncanny in a video game. The story line is too good, I felt uncomfortable being blown away. But worst of all, there is just way too much character development, why would I want to feel this kind of emotional connection to a 14 year old girl? It's just silly. Copy of CoD. Expand
  9. Aug 20, 2013
    The game is the best zombie game I've played The game is simply amazing There are few bad things about it thought Since everyone else is hailing this game i'll point out some of the flaws The Multiplayer can be fun but there are some balance issues. The single player is mostly awesome but there are few sections that can be a bit boring and there are some parts which are impossible toThe game is the best zombie game I've played The game is simply amazing There are few bad things about it thought Since everyone else is hailing this game i'll point out some of the flaws The Multiplayer can be fun but there are some balance issues. The single player is mostly awesome but there are few sections that can be a bit boring and there are some parts which are impossible to not get detected The ending is I'll just shut up than Well no game is flawless so 10 Expand
  10. Aug 22, 2013
    Sorry for my English, I'm from Poland.

A lot of producents thinks "Maybe we give new engine and that game will be the best", No. The Last Of Us have something, what other games never had climate in game. Without story that game will be have 6/10.

IT IS THE BEST GAME FOR PS3 EVER. AND THAT'S ALL.
  11. Sep 4, 2013
    awesome maybe the best game ever made me cry more than ive ever cried in all video games combined and the combat was amazing especially the melee combat always made you on the edge
  12. Feb 19, 2014
    10/10 This is my favorite game ever, the game play is stellar, with the crafting and challenging stealth give you satisfaction when you finally make it through a part.

The visuals are intense, contrasting from the gloomiest lows to the most beautiful outdoor parts. While the Playstation's ancient hardware leaves much to be desired, this game makes the best of it. With the help of

While the Playstation's ancient hardware leaves much to be desired, this game makes the best of it. With the help of some tricks Naughty Dog was able to maintain a mainly solid 30FPS at 720p. Unfortunately with that said the noisy PS3 can sometimes be a bother.

The story is where this game just leaves everything else behind, everything, ever, this game is an epic of a scale no other game even gets close to. Character so human with real reactions and no superpowers, it is a nice change to see.
  13. Jun 15, 2013
    Amazing game, great levels and story events, but it don't deserve a score that high. It's a stealth/action third person game like many others. I would compare it to Hitman: Absolution with poorer graphics and a better storyline.
  14. Jun 16, 2013
    The Last of Us is an above average game, but no where near perfect. The world and characters are simply amazing and watching the story play out is one of the better experiences in video games. The game it's self is nothing more than above average. The graphics look great, character animations and interactions with the environment and each other are great to watch, but there are someThe Last of Us is an above average game, but no where near perfect. The world and characters are simply amazing and watching the story play out is one of the better experiences in video games. The game it's self is nothing more than above average. The graphics look great, character animations and interactions with the environment and each other are great to watch, but there are some definite issues with objects popping into and out of environments, including an entire building that I was in at one point, and a strange shimmer and glow to a lot of objects in the environment. The Uncharted-esque style of game play is translated fairly well, but does take some time to get used to. The gun play and stealth are again, above average, but do leave a little bit to be desired. There are collectibles hidden everywhere, and if you're into trophies you'll definitely have to play the game numerous times. Overall, I can't deny the enjoyment I got from this game, I beat the entire story in two sittings, including powering through the last 8 hours in one sitting. The story, world, and characters and simply amazing to watch, but with some strange graphical glitches, and some game play mechanics that just seem a little off on occasion, The Last of Us is an great game with some basic issues that are pretty easy to overlook, and should make you happy to be a gamer in 2013. Expand
  15. Sep 15, 2013
    I'm currently half the way first playthrough but there is absolutely nothing that could spoil pure 10 score for this game. Awesome graphics, incredible story and probably most balanced stealth gameplay in history make this game one of top games ever made.

99% people with bad scores for this game are XBox trols because this is their only PS3 review after a lot of Box reviews. If you already don't have PS this is one of the games which make worth to buy. Hope they will make PS4 version and give us cheap upgrade!!!
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is a truly phenomenal game,I literally cannot find an issue with it. It will draw you into the characters and make you genuinely care for them, the voice acting is flawless, and overall the game is fantastic from start to finish, and oh god that finish.
  17. Jun 16, 2013
    I personally find 10 out of 10 a little bit overrated, and here's why:

I personally find 10 out of 10 a little bit overrated, and here's why:

It's still an incredible playthrough but very, very, linear. There are moment where you can't even go offtrack and explore around a little bit while I kind of expected it from the few trailers I've watched, while in other areas you suddenly gain a lot more freedom but are still very limited by impenetrable bushes and thin broken fences.

Combat becomes kind of repetitive after a while, it does look good and is animated really well but halfway through the game you keep seeing the same thing over and over again. It becomes really irritating when you have to redo the same part 10 times over because the sometimes clunky aiming controls with melee weapons in small rooms can cause a bit of trouble when dealing with those Clickers, or that you can't get your health up (or have no ability to craft health packs) at the very moment.

This is a bit of nitwitting and I know ND had to cut out some stuff somewhere, but at some parts the textures are really bad, I've seen some very low quality metal and glass alike textures and at several moments in the game I've seen clipping issues where the entire world started flickering or disappearing taking away from the immersion, at some points I could then even see through walls and what not. Near the end of the game I even ran into some NPC's that managed to catch me and I got to see a short cutscene of how they killed me, but in that cutscene I didn't see any environment at all, just the characters on a bluescreen background...

For me this game has no replay value at all, I was really pissed off when I figured out after playing the first 4 hours that it couldn't save my game... Even tho' I had patched the game the very morning and downloaded an additional 14gb for the language (I assumed English was on the PSN download already, but guessed wrong).

The ending (don't read if you don't want to spoil yourself in any way) is kind of '...ok, and now what'-ish. There doesn't really feel like any closure and it kind of left me wondering what's about to happen really.

I'd definitely recommend it for players that are into good single player story and character development but don't expect to make any choices themselves in doing so.

All in all a very good game but it's lack of openworld, repetitive combat and linear story deducts those 2 points for me, I give it an 8 out of 10.
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    Playing this game I got the same feeling as playing Half-Life 2(HL being in my top 3).
    Sure the game had some technical issues but story wise it was perfect; fun game play, one of the most enjoyable stealth time game. I think that I would like to have the possibility to move the bodys.
    The weapons have a very good feeling and the melee attacks the best I ever experienced. I got a very satisfying feeling when I could use successfully the bow and a shiv attack.
  19. Jun 23, 2013
    This game is amazing, so beautiful! the only thing I would have changed was to have the ability to choose what storylines to follow. like choosing your ending and seeing what happens after youve made the choice like 10 years in the future! But overall an amazing game! naughty dog killed!
  20. Jul 19, 2013
    EXTRAORDINÁRIO! Até hoje um dos melhores jogos que tive o privilégio de jogar, um inicio emocionante, enredo espetacular e final surpreendente.Controle do jogo muito bom, onde em diversas situações preciso ter paciência para realizar uma ação.Gráficos até então não visto em qualquer jogo lançado para esta geração, confirmando que o jogo utilizou todos os recursos possíveis doEXTRAORDINÁRIO! Até hoje um dos melhores jogos que tive o privilégio de jogar, um inicio emocionante, enredo espetacular e final surpreendente.Controle do jogo muito bom, onde em diversas situações preciso ter paciência para realizar uma ação.Gráficos até então não visto em qualquer jogo lançado para esta geração, confirmando que o jogo utilizou todos os recursos possíveis do console.Compra certa para quem gosta de um bom jogo.Garanto, vocês irão gostar muito do que vão ver! Expand
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    The Last of Us is what proved to me that video games are going exactly where I want them to go. This game concretes my argument that video games are not only the greatest interactive art form, or the greatest storytelling medium, but just the greatest art medium the world has to offer. It's a beautiful, emotionally agonizing, epic journey that is unmatched by an book I've read, paintingThe Last of Us is what proved to me that video games are going exactly where I want them to go. This game concretes my argument that video games are not only the greatest interactive art form, or the greatest storytelling medium, but just the greatest art medium the world has to offer. It's a beautiful, emotionally agonizing, epic journey that is unmatched by an book I've read, painting I've seen, Movie I've watched and so forth. The strange thing about the game is that the experience isn't your experience; It's Joel and Ellie's. Even though this is true, you create a massive emotional investment in the characters and everything they're going through. The story is told so flawlessly. It takes special pieces of their journey together and tells these bits at the perfect pace. The world Naughty Dog created is beautiful, yet depressing. The struggles and emotional hits the characters take in this dog-eat-dog world are hidden under the the green, bright, beautiful streets and woods. The Last of Us only has 2 issues; One being that the gameplay becomes bland at points. So much that you might be relieved when it's time for a cutscene. The other is very average AI. The Last of Us, for me, not only defined this generation of video games, but is the culmination of everything video games have been building towards for the past 40+ years. All of that said, the fact that the gameplay got bland in a video GAME stops it from being a 10 for me. Expand
  22. Jul 2, 2013
    Aside from a sometimes wonky AI and a little too much ladder climbing, the flaws are totally compensated for by everything the game does right. Many good games I've played either have better story than gameplay or vice versa but The Last of Us excels at both. I would recommend this game for anyone.
  23. Jun 26, 2013
    Very rarely do books, movies or video games alike leave you feeling empty, tense and heartfelt all at the same time; the Last of Us did just that.

The Last of Us is set in a typical post-apocalyptic world which makes players vulnerable to subjecting the game to the clichés and the tropes it is founded on. As a result, Naughty Dog actively plays with these clichés to create a fresh and innovative world. Where the standard dark shades of brown in typical zombie environments usually dominate, the Last of Us opts for a rich, green environment which poetically demonstrates nature reclaiming the urban environment. Furthermore, we have the artefacts not only give pockets of information about the lost world but also document the lives of off-screen characters and how they coped with society’s decay. It is these small details that give the Last of Us a believable and enjoyable setting, whilst keeping with the overall sombre and broken tone.

Beyond the collectables and the environment, the storytelling in the Last of Us is where the game truly shines. In opting for a linear narrative, the game gets likened to that of a novel which allows it to effectively tell a story. Throughout the game, players are never actually given choice as to how the storyline proceeds which sets it apart from other apocalyptic games. Right from the prologue, we get the sombre and hopeless world, whilst caring and rooting for the characters, often to no avail.

That is where the focus of the game lies character interaction. Throughout the game you play as Joel, a middle-aged man hardened by the events of the outbreak who is accompanied by Ellie, a highly convincing, snark 14-year old girl. Their interactions serve to be one of the most endearing and realistic conversations in this generation’s games. Even secondary characters are given great depth which is very refreshing, with amazing voice acting complementing this remarkable cast of characters.

Where the Last of Us differs from its conventional gaming counterparts is its realism. The violence never feels gratuitous; rather it feels necessary in order to survive. Instead of opting for psychedelic drugs a la Far Cry, the game sticks to traditional human tactics such as stealth, crafting, and conventional weaponry.

As a result, the gameplay may feel lacklustre compared to those used to games such as Uncharted or Red Dead Redemption however that calculating gameplay only serves to add to that tense atmosphere. Everything from crafting and interacting are all done in real time which makes every action deliberate and urgent. Scavenging can be time consuming but is quite necessary to survive in this harsh world. This is especially true for harder game modes such as “Hard” and “Survivor” modes where supplies are scarce. From bullets, to alcohol, to rags and tape, everything you collect has purpose and how you use these tools is how Naughty Dog gives its players freedom. What was slightly disappointing was the lack of variety the crafting can be used for late game but that is a small complaint compared to the realistic gameplay the Last of Us offers.

Overall the game seems designed for older players, but as a teenager myself, I can recommend The Last of Us to any players looking for a good narrative, so long as they are mature enough to handle the dark themes the Last of Us deals with. Don’t go in a slave to expectations and I can guarantee you will go out with your emotional strings tugged, and a gaming experience unforgettable.

And the game ended perfectly.
  24. Jun 26, 2013
    I love this game, but I have some major issues with the gameplay and setpieces. Do not get me wrong, the game looks amazing, but that's the problem, the game "looks" so good that people forget to address the problems of the poor and boring 3 person shooting game. Downtime between shooting and story bits are filled with poorly made puzzle that serve no other purpose then to fill the time inI love this game, but I have some major issues with the gameplay and setpieces. Do not get me wrong, the game looks amazing, but that's the problem, the game "looks" so good that people forget to address the problems of the poor and boring 3 person shooting game. Downtime between shooting and story bits are filled with poorly made puzzle that serve no other purpose then to fill the time in between the shooting and the story or the next cutscene Expand
  25. Jul 13, 2013
    A good game but certainly an overhyped one!The story is very interesting,but the ending is a little bit controversial.The characters ,and most importantly Joel and Ellie,are really realistic and interesting.The gameplay is a good one but not perfect.Overall, TheLastOfUs is one of the best video games of 2013,if not the best, but not the best one of this generation
  26. Aug 29, 2013
    muy buen juego, sin duda el mejor de su generación, por lejos vale la pena jugarlo les recomiendo probarlo y sin duda es lo mejor en este momento para esta consola, vamos denle los botos!!!.
  27. Sep 2, 2013
    9.7/10. A game being my favorite really just depends on my mood and what I want from a game at a given time, but right now, TLOU is my favorite game, bar none. The combat mechanics are a bit shaky, true, but I didn't buy this game and start playing it for a shoot-em-up style. The character writing is fantastic. The game is very linear but it doesn't feel that way, because you're often left9.7/10. A game being my favorite really just depends on my mood and what I want from a game at a given time, but right now, TLOU is my favorite game, bar none. The combat mechanics are a bit shaky, true, but I didn't buy this game and start playing it for a shoot-em-up style. The character writing is fantastic. The game is very linear but it doesn't feel that way, because you're often left to consider what you need to do next. The relationship between Joel and Ellie, and the world that they're traveling through, is beautiful. The storywriting and setting are stunning. I don't know what it is, but seeing civilization break down and become overgrown and largely back-to-nature once more is beautiful.

And then there's Ellie. I wouldn't call it a character-crush, but rather almost a fatherly affection. She is living example that the state of affairs in the world doesn't ruin everyone; Ellie is basically untouched by what is happening around her, and you very much feel the need to protect her (and her innocence) and keep her safe. And it's quite sad, in a way, to watch her become more accustomed to the world. Not to mention, she (along with Joel of course) is quite well written.

The game was short, and does not have much replay-ability, but I'm on my second playthrough simply because I enjoy walking around and seeing the setting so much.

I understand that there are nitpicks about the gameplay that turn people off the game, and they're entitled to that, but I believe that the game was certainly worth its hype. You can't quite put a finger on how perfect it is.
  28. Nov 20, 2013
    Un juego increíble, la trama te enganchará desde el primer minuto hasta el último, el modo historia dura mas de 15 horas, con una jugabilidad excepcional, te enganchará, va mas allá de lo que prometía, el doblaje esta genial, los gráficos son excelentes, los escenarios tan inmensos para poder indagar de casa en casa, para poder investigar, descubrir, tiene momentos de mucha tensión y masUn juego increíble, la trama te enganchará desde el primer minuto hasta el último, el modo historia dura mas de 15 horas, con una jugabilidad excepcional, te enganchará, va mas allá de lo que prometía, el doblaje esta genial, los gráficos son excelentes, los escenarios tan inmensos para poder indagar de casa en casa, para poder investigar, descubrir, tiene momentos de mucha tensión y mas de una vez te llevarás algún susto, una vez mas los creadores de Uncharted vuelven a sorprenderme con un juego exquisito y que pone el broche de oro al catalogo de Playstation 3, compra obligada, juego fascinante, totalmente recomendado. No te arrepentirás. Expand
  29. Jun 5, 2014
    A true masterpiece. I have never felt so engaged with characters of any game (or movie) like I did with these in the Last of Us. The story, the world, the music is all refreshingly honest.
  30. Jun 14, 2013
    Consider the recent New York Times review, which includes perceptive insights into the role of female characters in video games.

31. Jun 16, 2013
    This game, like all games, has its faults. Whether it's the save game messing up, having to find a ladder every 15 minutes. The Last of Us is a story that all of the other great stories will have to be compared to. The Stealth of this game is by far one of the best of any game. Their are very few choices but they are there, throughout the whole game you have a major choice. Are you goingThis game, like all games, has its faults. Whether it's the save game messing up, having to find a ladder every 15 minutes. The Last of Us is a story that all of the other great stories will have to be compared to. The Stealth of this game is by far one of the best of any game. Their are very few choices but they are there, throughout the whole game you have a major choice. Are you going to play stealthily or run in guns blazing. Expand
  32. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is hands down the best thing I have played in a long time. It had me more emotionally invested than I thought i could ever be in a game. You really feel the characters. Stories in games can sometimes be overdone or not realistic. And sometimes the animation doesn't live up to standards. But this game has everything. Literally, everything.
  33. Aug 7, 2013
    This is my favorite game this generation and possibly my best game ever as it's storytelling is excellent, voice acting is superb, graphics are extremely good, and the characters are very well made.Get this game now it may become your favorite too
  34. Feb 18, 2014
    As many of you know this a naught dog production, the same developers which produced the stellar uncharted series. It is set in a future post-apolyptic desolate setting of america and is based round a few key and vital characters. The story is about survival and gathering resources for your character to use in crafting aid items, weapon upgrades etc. The game is linear in nature howeverAs many of you know this a naught dog production, the same developers which produced the stellar uncharted series. It is set in a future post-apolyptic desolate setting of america and is based round a few key and vital characters. The story is about survival and gathering resources for your character to use in crafting aid items, weapon upgrades etc. The game is linear in nature however not that it detracts from its special cinematic sequences or it's beautiful yet eerie setting, plus there is subtle player choice to be had in naughty dog's latest outing say upgrading your weapons, crafting molotovs and first aid items like in rage the video game, very similar. The main aspects of the last of us is its realistic and wonderful graphics, stellar voice acting/animation and the feeling that grips you tight of how close you get to the two main characters in the game. There is certainly a emotional link to them throughout your adventure, and in time it will only grow. the combat system in the game is for the most part very smooth and fluid-like, you can sprint, jog, vault, take cover, sneak etc which all helps to take out your enemies in a stealthy manner or in a brutal, satisfying way. The game does from a story point of view pulls you right in and doesn't let go. It is a mix of survival horror/action adventure with both elements ever so subtle and seamless in their exchange. The aiming in the game is quite bothersome and has a lot of natural sway on the reticle, which can be reduced slightly by finding supplements and herbs to upgrade it with. The level design in the game is top notch, It is very diverse and with that allows you utter freedom to play the game how you want. The story line is very simple but expertly well done. And the ending in my opinion is truly satisfying and well scripted. The attention to detail with the graphics is outstanding, everything is so ironically full of life and colour, the water effects excel with everything i have ever seen. I do however have some minor gripes, but due to being so minor that they do not affect my final score, but there are infrequent graphical bugs, with items disappearing and entire parts of the game as well, but there are seldom seen and only last barely a second. And you can only alter the sensitivity of both analog sticks rather than individually change them. Also the cover mechanic is automated and sometimes you simply cannot stick to a certain wall and on occasion has given my position away. And i do also wish the survival skill system was more abundant in which you had more choice on given gameplay aspects like vaulting and running speed, melee moves, etc. The enemies are fantastic within the game and choose random paths, are quite perceptive and just generally fun to take out. The game has a multiplayer mode which has several modes and about 11 maps, the survival skills, crafting system, weapons, and gameplay mechanics are borrowed from the campaign, which is a good thing. It always for a slow paced and tense experience, certain mechanics are tweaked to allow for a more smoother and balanced play. And is generally a lot of fun, and the one of few multiplayers in which i have enjoyed and dedicated a lot of my time to. But with all the praise, the main reason i love this game is the colourful cast of characters and the emotionally driven storyline. Its a pure gem of a game and one that ill be playing for some years, a masterpiece. Expand
  35. Jun 27, 2013
    I have played the single player about 2 and a half times and not a second of got boring or repetitive. Great story, great graphics, great gameplay and solid AI. The multiplayer adds a good bonus to keep you playing and it in itself is unique. Their are very minor flaws such as AI sometimes break out of character but those quickly become an afterthought as the story will suck you back in.I have played the single player about 2 and a half times and not a second of got boring or repetitive. Great story, great graphics, great gameplay and solid AI. The multiplayer adds a good bonus to keep you playing and it in itself is unique. Their are very minor flaws such as AI sometimes break out of character but those quickly become an afterthought as the story will suck you back in. Totally worth $60 Expand
  36. Jun 16, 2013
    While, not a game for everyone, the Last of Us immerses you in its atmosphere so well that you feel you are right there in this apocalyptic zombie future. The motion capture, subtle emotion, and voice work are all top notch and the best I've ever seen/heard. Also, the vastness of space combined with the amount of detail in this game is jaw dropping. At times, I was so immersed I forgot IWhile, not a game for everyone, the Last of Us immerses you in its atmosphere so well that you feel you are right there in this apocalyptic zombie future. The motion capture, subtle emotion, and voice work are all top notch and the best I've ever seen/heard. Also, the vastness of space combined with the amount of detail in this game is jaw dropping. At times, I was so immersed I forgot I was watching a video game and felt like I was watching real people trek through a journey of survival. I think the overall gameplay experience will be a love it or hate it. Like some games that focus solely on action combat, this game focuses solely on survival combat. Theres not a lot of variety between core gameplay mechanics. Its always either stealth, survival combat, or environmental traversal. So if you love those mechanics, you'll love this game, but if you wish for something more, this game may not satisfy you completely. Also, this is not really a horror game, its a survival game. It not scary in the sense that when you see a monster you are horrified by its look and sound, its horrifying in the sense of hopelessness the present world evokes. Its horrifying to see how people now interact with each other because of this hopelessness in the world. The reason I didn't give the game a 10 was the survival of the main characters at times seemed so far fetched and forced to keep the story going. While I know this is just a "game" and pretty much every game does this, I think it stood out more in this game because everything else was so much more immersive. Also, the core gameplay wasn't my cup of tea. Overall tho, I enjoyed Naughty Dog's unique take on the zombie videogame genre. Expand
  37. Jul 4, 2013
    Can i give it 10 twice? I wish i could, because that's what this Masterpiece deserves! Few times in my life i was so engaged in a story, this script tops enven Walking Dead from telltale, it's awesome, the gameplay is so well polished, this for sure is the Game of Generation!
  38. Sep 5, 2013
    Although i had high expectations for this game, nothing could prepare me for the amazing experience i had with it. And it gradually gets better as you go on a journey across America. It is amazing how the developers managed to hold my attention from start to finish. The music, graphics, sound design, lovable characters, breathtaking story all of this things combined make this game not onlyAlthough i had high expectations for this game, nothing could prepare me for the amazing experience i had with it. And it gradually gets better as you go on a journey across America. It is amazing how the developers managed to hold my attention from start to finish. The music, graphics, sound design, lovable characters, breathtaking story all of this things combined make this game not only best Ps3 exclusive but the best game I have ever played. My biggest problem now is that I don't know if I will ever play a game that is as good. Great job guys at Naughty Dog. You have proven once again that you are at the top of the gaming industry. Expand
  39. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros:The technology,graphics/physics is like a half PS4 game,Pro logic 2 support!.Story,Joel..
    Cons:The ending is a cliffhanger and there will be a trilogy again...i never gonna understand why need to make every game a trilogy!? This is a true masterpice and masterpice games do not need idiot sequels.
    im dissapointed in Naughty Dog because they said this: No sequel planned for The Last of Us
  40. Jun 16, 2013
    Having been affected by the AutoSave glitch I started off pretty much hating this game... Having to replay 7 hours on the trot makes a guy really pick out the things he dislikes about a game: camera is too close to Joal when sneaking, slightly heavy controls and cumbersome movement, too much repetition (go here fight these guys, go here fight these guys), the recycled soundtrack used overHaving been affected by the AutoSave glitch I started off pretty much hating this game... Having to replay 7 hours on the trot makes a guy really pick out the things he dislikes about a game: camera is too close to Joal when sneaking, slightly heavy controls and cumbersome movement, too much repetition (go here fight these guys, go here fight these guys), the recycled soundtrack used over and over in different tones...

However, once I caught up with my original play through I started warming to it again. I am seeing a lot of 10/10 scores for this game which leads me to suspect that professional games reviewers are a bit like sheep, with no-one daring to buck the trend... and whilst I don't think its a 10/10 game it is certainly VERY GOOD. The voice acting and animation are second to none and the visuals are very impressive. The sound effects are fitting and the music does occasionally change to a different track once in a while... I think the crafting system could have been much deeper and also the skills that you level up make little to no difference on the easier modes, so that could have done with tweaking...

I recently reviewed remember me on the Xbox... to me this game feels a lot like that did in the sense that something great was made but a masterpiece was possible. I love everything they did with the direction of this game... I just wanted even more (hunting for food, more craftable items, a deeper skill system...).

A must play game of this generation. Makes you wonder why we even need the XBOXONE and PS4...
  41. Jun 16, 2013
    Excellent and good game, but I expect more of this and the reason that the ads suggest you do so!
    We hope to be next to be much better by adil khojah from saudi arabiya
  42. Aug 4, 2013
    It's the cohesiveness that astonishes The best script and cut scenes in computer games meets extremely polished gameplay and stunning set pieces all held together with pitch perfect pacing to create something that looks like an amazing movie yet still feels like a amazing game.
    Computer games aren't meant to be swimming around your head days after you complete them but this one did. Computer games shouldn't leve you open mouthed in awe but this one did. Computer games aren't meant to make you cry but this one did. Enough said.
  43. Feb 17, 2014
    even though this game is EXTREMELY overrated, i still think "The Last of Us" is a pretty great game. my hugest issue with the game is that unlike every other stealth game there is no failsafe. once you've been spotted, there is no way out of "alert mode". besides that complaint, everything else i have to say about this game is praise. the story is excellent, the gameplay can be quite scaryeven though this game is EXTREMELY overrated, i still think "The Last of Us" is a pretty great game. my hugest issue with the game is that unlike every other stealth game there is no failsafe. once you've been spotted, there is no way out of "alert mode". besides that complaint, everything else i have to say about this game is praise. the story is excellent, the gameplay can be quite scary at times, the game can be brutally difficult if you don't play wisely, the graphics are better than most ps4 games out right now and even the multiplayer is really fun Expand
  44. Sep 18, 2013
    This is my first review for metacritic. And there's no better game to start off with.

If the Last of Us isn't game of the year, demand a recount. This is one of the most enjoyable games for the PS3. The story, although often rehashed with the premise of surviving a zombie ridden world, TLOU provides a great story. Joel, is paired up with Ellie, a young girl who seems to be the key to ending or at least surpress the spread of zombies. Ellie is immune, and a group called the Fireflies wants to get a hold of Ellie. That's all I'll say for now. The presentation or visuals, gritty, dark, perfect. You really get that feeling of wanting to survive. The sound, music fits right in with what's happening on screen, the voice acting is great. The clickers are as creepy as they look. I dare anyone to play this on their sound system at night, late night. The combat is where it shines. You are limited in ammunition and weapons in general. I really felt the need to move around and make sure my shots count. There's an excellent crafting system as well. You get to craft shivs), bombs, smoke bombs, and molotovs. The enemies, a rebel group of hunters, the aforementioned fireflies, and the zombies, which are called clickers. They come in different versions depending on how long someone has been infected. This might be my only real gripe about the game. There were many variations of clickers but I felt as if there should have been more. It's minor. Once you complete the game, you have the option to try it again on harder difficulties. I'm on new game plus.

And then there's the online. This is a breath of fresh air! Warning, if you're a COD gamer, the online is not for you. The online is much slower paced and incorporates the crafting system found in the single player. Nicely done. Teamwork is the main key to the online. In one mode, supply raid, each team has 20 reinforcements or tickets. When a player dies, a reinforcement is used. The team that runs out of reinforcements loses. There's also a no supply raid (no respawn) mode and an interrogation mode. The downside is there are only 3 modes but there's much potential to have more. Interrogation was the new mode added recently.

If you're looking for a great adventure/survival game, The Last of Us is the game to play.
  45. Jul 3, 2013
    While this game has a great storyline, great acting and great single player although extremely linear...Naughty Dog failed to provide decent multi-player which has the same tired feel of the COD games levelling up rubbish. Totally unbalanced until you level up past a certain point. This alone will make most newcomers to the multi-player game not want to bother. Also, while I'm sure thereWhile this game has a great storyline, great acting and great single player although extremely linear...Naughty Dog failed to provide decent multi-player which has the same tired feel of the COD games levelling up rubbish. Totally unbalanced until you level up past a certain point. This alone will make most newcomers to the multi-player game not want to bother. Also, while I'm sure there will be DLC with new modes...its basically Team Death match.

All in all just rent the game and enjoy it that way...instead of selling it in a couple of weeks.
  46. Jun 19, 2013
    I have always said that my favourite games of all time are Zelda OoT, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy (8&10) as they are great childhood memories, however this game is now in my top 5 games I have played... Ever! I prefer Playstation however I have been more of a 360 gamer apart from PS3 exclusives (although PS4 seems to have sorted things out for online chat etc) but noI have always said that my favourite games of all time are Zelda OoT, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy (8&10) as they are great childhood memories, however this game is now in my top 5 games I have played... Ever! I prefer Playstation however I have been more of a 360 gamer apart from PS3 exclusives (although PS4 seems to have sorted things out for online chat etc) but no matter what your preferred console is ANY bad review for this game is just retarded and a joke on you for wasting your time. Naughty Dog amazed me with Uncharted but TLOU is better, honestly this game is just pure epic and is better then ANY game I have played in the last 10 years. Some people on here say Bioshock was better, I was a massive fan of Bioshock 1 but I actually sold Bioshock Infinite without even getting half way through the game. Anyway if you still reading reviews on this (I know I'm a bit late to write a review but I've been playing the game) just go out and buy it! I rate MGS incredibly high in my best games ever list and TLOU I actually prefer over MGS4. Don't know what else to say but a massive thank you to the whole team at Naughty Dog, I will be playing this game for years to come and buying old consoles in 10 years time to play it again. Masterpiece and its up there with the best games of all time for me. Brilliant Game!! Expand
  47. Jun 20, 2013
    I'm about 75% through this game right now and it's been a blast so far. The visuals, environments, and character models are gorgeous. The post apocalyptic world/zombie theme has been done over and over again, but the characters and their struggles in this game more than make up for it. The gameplay is very much Uncharted, but less action heavy and more stealthy, as you really have to haveI'm about 75% through this game right now and it's been a blast so far. The visuals, environments, and character models are gorgeous. The post apocalyptic world/zombie theme has been done over and over again, but the characters and their struggles in this game more than make up for it. The gameplay is very much Uncharted, but less action heavy and more stealthy, as you really have to have a good strategy to take down enemies in this game. The Last of Us is kind of a miss mash of open world, third person action, stealth, and shooter all in one. This game is definitely not a mindless shooter though, you need to strategize and actually think about how to proceed with certain situations in the game. The only complaints I have about the game is the confusing weapons menu system, having to "create" health packs and hold up R1 to use it, and the fact that some can somehow survive multiple shotgun blasts...A solid 9/10 though. Expand
  48. Feb 15, 2014
    Best Game of 2013. Gameplay, story, graphics, characters design... every single thing.
    The only thing i didnt like of it was its soundtrack, pretty lame work by Santaolalla, as always.
  49. Jul 5, 2013
    This game singlehandedly glued me back to my PS3. So far, the great games of 2013 like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite found its way into my Steam library on my PC, but exclusives like The Last of Us is what keeps me going back to my PS3. This new release from Naughty Dog features mind-blowing graphics that somehow took advantage of the PS3’s dated hardware and provides smoothThis game singlehandedly glued me back to my PS3. So far, the great games of 2013 like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite found its way into my Steam library on my PC, but exclusives like The Last of Us is what keeps me going back to my PS3. This new release from Naughty Dog features mind-blowing graphics that somehow took advantage of the PS3’s dated hardware and provides smooth performance and framerates without any screen tearing. The storytelling and characters was done so freakin’ perfectly, I don’t even know where to start. Some characters, like Ellie, I just adored, while I truly despised the military and the hunters. More importantly, the actual relationships that develop between characters left me captivated with Naughty Dog’s ability to portray characters reacting and cooperating with one another during moments of extreme crisis. At no point throughout the entire 15+ hour campaign did my interest in the characters diminish. In fact, the pacing of the story was so flawless, I actually grew more and more interested in the characters as I progressed further into the game. The voice acting had the quality of a high budget Hollywood film, and cut scenes featured lifelike animations, giving me the impression that I was watching a movie. I’m not sure if The Last of Us has the best story *ever* in a video game. CD Projekt’s The Witcher franchise or Bioware’s Mass Effect series have impressed me more with their incredible background stories and game worlds, but no game can compete with The Last of Us’ cinematic presentation of its story and character development.

The Last of Us features a hybrid formula of gameplay with new creative ideas in addition to some old gaming elements that I’ve missed from classic games. In The Last of Us, you won’t regenerate your health over time like you normally would in other shooting games, and the various gadgets that you can craft allows you to use your imagination when engaging a group of hostiles. You could stealth kill a couple enemies, bait the rest into a confined area from the sound of a tossed bottle and have a nail bomb waiting to greet them. Or perhaps you’re low on supplies and will have to manage by tossing that bottle at an enemy and race towards your dazed target to use him as a human shield while gunning down the rest of your foes. The Last of Us offers incredible replay value with its new game plus feature. There are around 10 upgradable weapons, 7 different skills and a dozen training manuals that carry over into NG+. You’ll feel like a juggernaut once everything’s maxed out and will have a ton of fun adventuring through future playthroughs with all your previous equipment and collectibles. The Last of Us features the best gameplay Naughty Dog has offered yet.

Naughty Dog has no limits when it comes to creativity. The Last of Us will have other developers quaking at the prospect to match the quality of this masterpiece. I had very high and unrealistic expectations for this new release, and I *still* got what I expected and more. The Last of Us induced emotional reactions from me that few Hollywood movies have accomplished. The Witcher 2 will most likely remain as my favorite game of all time, but I’ve never been immersed into a video game this much since The Witcher 2’s release back in mid-2011. From a climactic cut scene making me shed a tear to laughing at Ellie’s silly joke book, The Last of Us has given me an unforgettable gaming experience and won me over for game of the year for 2013. This was, by far, the most gratifying 60 dollars I’ve spent in a long, long time.
  50. Aug 21, 2013
    The Last of Us is a REALLY difficult game to review. On one hand, it has hands down the best story, characterizations and acting I've ever come across in a game. It even puts the likes of Telltale's The Walking Dead to shame. The game makes you feel sad and angry at all the right moments. It is absolutely perfect in that regard and a new benchmark for gaming. That said, gameplay wise, TheThe Last of Us is a REALLY difficult game to review. On one hand, it has hands down the best story, characterizations and acting I've ever come across in a game. It even puts the likes of Telltale's The Walking Dead to shame. The game makes you feel sad and angry at all the right moments. It is absolutely perfect in that regard and a new benchmark for gaming. That said, gameplay wise, The Last of Us often treads uneven ground. The game is very repetitive. You enter an area, kill or sneak past a finite amount of enemies and then escape that area via a ladder wheely bin garage door floating pallet. Then you enter the next area and do exactly the same. Aside from aesthetic changes, there is almost no deviation in this routine. Why Joel and Ellie can seemingly always find a ladder or pallet whenever they need one is quite the mystery indeed. It kind of reminds me of the old Adam west Batman TV show, where the Bats had a repellent for every known situation ever developed (shark repellent bear repellent heterosexual repellent... etc). The sheer stupidity of that mechanic broke immersion many, many times. The combat is decent enough. The human enemy A.I is nice, with lots of flanking and cover tactics being employed. The stealthy monster takedowns feel very gamey and arena based but they're OK too. The difficulty can be pretty harsh at times. This was a game that I had to repeat many different sections of. It can get frustrating because the checkpoint system sends you right back to the start of the 'arena' you're in, sometimes deleting a fair amount of hard-fought progress. Overall, The Last of Us was a very memorable experience. There was far too much stupidity and frustration in the gameplay for it to be perfect but that story... Wow! Expand
  51. Jun 22, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece. Great single player mode and fantastic online mode.Online mode is so good its addictive.What a way to end the ps3 with a last exclusive.I can see why all critics are giving this game a glowing review.Absolutely wonderful.
  52. Jul 26, 2013
    A masterpiece that redefines what games can accomplish at multiple levels. Excelent storytelling, great mechanics, addictive gameplay and technically the most advanced current gen game.
  53. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is unrivaled in everything it succeeds at... which is everything that it does. Undoubtedly one of the greatest games of this (or any) generation. The PS3's swan song is a testament to what games have become; story-driven epics that bring out all human emotion.

The Last of Us is truly a masterpiece and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.
  54. Jul 7, 2013
    Any title as well reviewed as the Last of Us will always be a target for people looking for attention. All I can say is ignore them because this is undoubtedly one of the games of the current console generation.

Anything this ambitious will of course have a few minor flaws (the most noticeable being the odd occasion in which your companion stands out in the open and doesn’t get seen) but these are easy to ignore thanks to the virtually perfect mix of cinematic storytelling and superbly tense gameplay that kept me enthralled for the entire 17 hours it took me to complete it. If you don’t own a PS3 there is no better reason to buy one than The Last of Us.
  55. Sep 29, 2013
    The Last Of Us is an amazing game with an amazing graphics and a great story. The characters are great, I really fell in love with Ellie and this was actually the first game I cried during the game :D. So, the story is great, graphics are great, characters are great, but when it comes to the gameplay, it was nothing special, it was okay, but it was not smooth enough for my taste. The gameThe Last Of Us is an amazing game with an amazing graphics and a great story. The characters are great, I really fell in love with Ellie and this was actually the first game I cried during the game :D. So, the story is great, graphics are great, characters are great, but when it comes to the gameplay, it was nothing special, it was okay, but it was not smooth enough for my taste. The game is amazing, but it's a game so for me the gameplay is the most important thing and that's why I can't give it 10/10, but I'm really looking forward what kind of masterpiece ND will make for PS4, and if they make TLOU 2 with better graphics, it will probably get 10/10 from me. Expand
  56. Jun 19, 2013
    I am speechless, absolutely flawless. What an experience! This is some milestone type of game for the video game industry right there. Naughty Dog really over got over themselves. Imagine what they can do with the Playstation 4, can't wait!
  57. Jul 14, 2013
    This is a damn good movie, err--- I mean game... The Last of Us has knocked the graphics section out of the park, and although the gameplay isn't too exciting to watch; when you actually play it, it feels surprisingly accurate and refined (for a videogame, that is.) The game is partially flawed however, introducing us to (very) bad characters and a movie-like setup, but it can be forgivenThis is a damn good movie, err--- I mean game... The Last of Us has knocked the graphics section out of the park, and although the gameplay isn't too exciting to watch; when you actually play it, it feels surprisingly accurate and refined (for a videogame, that is.) The game is partially flawed however, introducing us to (very) bad characters and a movie-like setup, but it can be forgiven as the writers try to show what standards have to be set in such a world their characters are living it. It's not out of the question that this has me feeling just how to well this game was designed and set up (overall). It really is worth your time, go for it! Expand
  58. Jul 2, 2013
    Before the release of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog expressed their focus with the game: Narrative and emotion. These two things are arguably the weakest overall aspects of games on the market, and this issue has been addressed and the bar set. The characters are full of depth and realism, and you deeply care for them by the end. You are emotionally connected to these characters. When aBefore the release of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog expressed their focus with the game: Narrative and emotion. These two things are arguably the weakest overall aspects of games on the market, and this issue has been addressed and the bar set. The characters are full of depth and realism, and you deeply care for them by the end. You are emotionally connected to these characters. When a person is emotionally invested in something, every aspect about it is highlighted or emphasized in some way. The gameplay is slow, but perfect. Combat is brutal and heavy. Every shot, punch, and swing of the bat feels satisfying. The stealth is largely basic, but any other editions would have felt contrived. The multiplayer is amazing as well. Similar in pace to the singleplayer, small teams allow for strategic play and refreshing competitive competition. You'll be hoping that the future DLC will add on to the somewhat slim experience. For some time now, many others have tried to do what Naughty Dog has done, but have failed. They've sacrificed interesting gameplay for a strong narrative. These games are not balanced, and split their audience. The Last of Us hits this balance perfectly. It's refreshing to see a game succeed in every objective it set out to do. You won't forget this classic game anytime soon. One of the generation's greats. Expand
  59. Jul 27, 2013
    Whilst some may find the 10/10 surrounding thus game hyperbole, and they are in some ways correct it is still very deserving of its 10 nonetheless. There are hundreds of other user reviews on here but what I want to deliver is my critique of the game and what despite this being a masterpiece could have had significant improvement.

So The Last Of Us at first appears a typical

So The Last Of Us at first appears a typical post-apocalyptic zombie story with all the tropes to prove it, burning buildings, panic and quarantine zones. But at the heart of the story is something more profound a story that in its trope filled plot has a deeper vein that tells an altogether more important story than anything before it in this medium. It is a narrative that from its first 15 minute intro engrosses the player into the game and has you controlling events that would usually be relegated to the work of only the CG. These 15 minutes are poignant, poetic and thought provoking just as the final 15 minutes of the game are too this story is about humanity's decline from what once was and most of all the relationships that form in these situations, those who have never known anything outside of this 'dying' world. Though the word 'dying' might not quite fit. Building structures appear heavily damaged cars ravaged by nature and yet without spoiling the plot nature continues to live on past the remnants of humanity's previous luxuries.

But whilst the story does all these things there are certain immersion breaking moments that can take you completely out of it in gameplay. The gameplay can at times feel frustrating with the occasional check point that spawns you right in the middle of combat being shot at or the loud footsteps of Ellie as you stealth kill a clicker. Whilst these aren't completely game breaking they are issues that could have been addressed. Of course the gameplay for the most part has some of the best survival gameplay of any game so far and there are certain areas in the game that are scarier than the last 3 RE games. This is survival as you craft together the items you need in real time, change weapons in real time and bandage yourself up in real time. The real time (seeing how many times I can say it in a couple of sentences!) elements are extremely effective and give a sense of panic as your pistol runs out of ammo and you need to switch gun but the enemy is coming straight at you, it means deep, tactical combat both in multiplayer and in single player as you find the right time to craft items or change weapons for certain situations.

Another issue for some might be the pacing. The game is split into chapters which are then split into 4 distinct sections Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. However the first section of the game is undoubtedly the slowest. It starts off at an extremely fast pace with many plot elements but towards the middle of this initial section it might feel too slow for some despite being at a nice steady pace which allows for characterisation and development. From here on in the game picks up the pace in more short and distinct sections that allow the player to still explore but also throws in more unique situations for the player to deal with.

Finally the AI from the game is a bit strange because although for the most part it is seemingly quite intelligent there are certain parts of the game where you will wonder why the AI performs a specific action, though these are rare they can be frustrating to see. Although hardly happening to me the friendly AI occasionally shot in sections when I wanted to stealth the enemies and it lead to disaster in a situation that could altogether have been avoided. Although again there was only two occurrences with this it is worth noting still. Also enemies will occasionally see a body and not even question its presence there and at other times are so smart they can deduct your position like they are using a GPS.

In conclusion the Last Of Us then is a Masterpiece but not one without some issues as Uncharted, Mass Effect, Ocarina of time and other greats are not without their issues, The Last Of Us stands as one of the best games of the last 7 years (this console generation) and deserves its time at the top of the charts and its critical acclaim. It is a game which undoubtedly cements Naughty Dog as one of the best AAA development houses in the world, and one of the biggest assets Sony has acquired in the last decade.

Gameplay 9.6
    Sound 10
    Story/Plot: 10
    Lasting Appeal: 10
    Presentation: 10

Overall: 10/10 Masterpiece, If you have a PS3 you owe it to yourself to try this out even if it isn't your cup of tea!
  60. Jun 21, 2013
    "The Last of Us" is a crowning masterpiece. Some of the most incredible story telling I've ever seen. Unlike anything I've ever experienced in a video game. With a "No Country For Old Men" & "I Am Legend" like feel to it, but mostly something entirely of it's own. With this post apocalyptic setting, you will travel with Joel & Ellie through one hell of a crazy, intense & emotional journey,"The Last of Us" is a crowning masterpiece. Some of the most incredible story telling I've ever seen. Unlike anything I've ever experienced in a video game. With a "No Country For Old Men" & "I Am Legend" like feel to it, but mostly something entirely of it's own. With this post apocalyptic setting, you will travel with Joel & Ellie through one hell of a crazy, intense & emotional journey, as these two characters fight & struggle to survive this impossible, terrifying world, and will build, over time, a stronger bond together because of it. You have NEVER experienced anything like this before. Trust me. If you have a PlayStation 3 The Last of Us must NOT be missed. Hell, if you don't have a PS3 already BUY a PS3 just for this game. That's money you won't regret spending, and THAT is a guarantee. Expand
  61. Jun 16, 2013
    Ok, I like this game but it wasn't what I was expecting. It's a great story, great atmosphere, sound effects, music, etc. The shooting mechanics are very clunky which makes shooting difficult (for me at least). I was expecting a game more focused on gameplay rather than story and atmosphere. I thought it would have a lot of platforming and puzzles but it hardly has any. And anyone thatOk, I like this game but it wasn't what I was expecting. It's a great story, great atmosphere, sound effects, music, etc. The shooting mechanics are very clunky which makes shooting difficult (for me at least). I was expecting a game more focused on gameplay rather than story and atmosphere. I thought it would have a lot of platforming and puzzles but it hardly has any. And anyone that wrote a review here that said that graphics are good, hasn't actually played the game because the graphics are absolute garbage, for any developers standards, let alone ND which is supposed to be the best in the biz when it comes to graphics. The design of the levels are really good, but it looks terrible. I was really upset with this game because I have been looking forward to it for so long. It still gets an 8 because despite the issues I mentioned, its still a great game my expectations were just too high... oh yeah, multiplayer is garbage too but at least they have round based, non respawn Expand
  62. Xon
    Mar 16, 2014
    Truly an extraordinary game. An incredible work of art. The game might falter here and there, but this doesn't detract from a game that sets out - and achieves - to create an immaculately immersive world with characters that have real presence who elicit an emotional response. I wish there were more games like this, but it is "one of a kind".
  63. Jun 21, 2013
    Excellent gaming experience, and I hope they don't explore Ellie's and Joel's relationship in any post ending DLC because the ending was phenomenal. Very slight texture problems in the distance but I don't blame Naughty Dog its still beautiful
  64. Jun 20, 2013
    Naughty dog has outdone themselves again. The story draws you in to loving characters based on how human their flaws are and has a distinct Cohen brothers style of ending that makes you think about the characters and how nuanced they are. All of this is built on top of a sturdy foundation of stealth gameplay and a great leveling system. It's broken into 4 chapters that all have theNaughty dog has outdone themselves again. The story draws you in to loving characters based on how human their flaws are and has a distinct Cohen brothers style of ending that makes you think about the characters and how nuanced they are. All of this is built on top of a sturdy foundation of stealth gameplay and a great leveling system. It's broken into 4 chapters that all have the emotional impact to stand on their own. Expand
  65. Jun 20, 2013
    The Last of Us is the best game on the PS3, and one of the best games I have ever played. The gameplay is unique/challenging, the characters are lovable and the story is poignant. While the game is violent, it's never gratuitous out of the blue, the violence makes sense in the world Naughty Dog created.

The gameplay practically requires treading carefully through levels. This is

The gameplay practically requires treading carefully through levels. This is something I love in games. This, coupled with limited ammo/health while throwing in a slew of infected enemies, provides a genuinely nerve racking experience. If you got shot, you feel Joel's pain. When you have 3 bullets and numerous enemies surrounding your position, you have to out-think/out-maneuver the enemies by using the environment to your advantage.

The graphics are superb. It's the best looking game on PS3 no question about it. The Sound is amazing as well, from the music to the enemies, everything is top notch. One of the infected, aptly known as "Clickers" use echolocation to hunt humans. While they are blind, their keen sense of sound allows them to track your location with the slightest movement. When this happens, they make a terrifying clicking sound to alert other infected nearby. It is genuinely terrifying when this happens.

All in all, it is a terrific game that I would recommend to most people. With that said, this game isn't for everyone. For one, if you like action adventure games where you are supplied with countless weapons, armor and ammo, The Last of Us isn't for you. If you are offended by mature violence, themes and language, The Last of Us isn't for. If however, you can handle the mature themes, this game is a MUST PLAY. It's a Masterpiece, plain and simple.
  66. Jul 17, 2013
    Not playing this game any more makes me sad. It's one of those, like when House finished. It's all
    About the characters, you really care about them. Compared to PC gaming the graphics aren't amazing (needs a little anti aliasing) but it's so beautiful. Makes me want to live in post zombie apocalypse America.
  67. Jul 12, 2013
    I entered the game with mixed feelings as I mostly just enjoy multiplayer competitive games and not single player mode. The game is a must have for any ps3 owner. Somehow it just captures the emotions and struggles faced by the two main characters as well as the others you have quick encounters with. Most games fail in this regard where I do not care even a bit about their past and justI entered the game with mixed feelings as I mostly just enjoy multiplayer competitive games and not single player mode. The game is a must have for any ps3 owner. Somehow it just captures the emotions and struggles faced by the two main characters as well as the others you have quick encounters with. Most games fail in this regard where I do not care even a bit about their past and just want to skip the dialogue to finish the game.

This game makes you afraid of pressing the skip button by accident. Seriously.

*Note have not played the multiplayer
  68. Jun 22, 2013
    A literal masterpiece. I've never had a video game make me experience emotions like this. I literally shed tears in the first 15 minutes of the game. Simply amazing.
  69. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is very detailed it's outstanding. You have to play the game correctly (something Tom Chick at quarter to three obviously didn't do) which means intelligently. Sometimes you will have no choice but to stealth around the enemy with a solid stealth system and at other times stealth isn't an option and you have to smartly use every resource available to survive encounters. The gameThis game is very detailed it's outstanding. You have to play the game correctly (something Tom Chick at quarter to three obviously didn't do) which means intelligently. Sometimes you will have no choice but to stealth around the enemy with a solid stealth system and at other times stealth isn't an option and you have to smartly use every resource available to survive encounters. The game isn't hard if your smart about encounters with enemys, it can be repetitive but it firmly sets it in reality. One section of the game see's you getting a car, another see's you escaping a city, they're all sensible goals which ground the last of us in reality. The story is sweet and touching but the ending took me a while of thinking to properly appreciate it.

But I would be lying if I didn't say the highlights of the last of us are in the story and fighting. The true highlight is exploring the world, some people say the last of us is very linear but the areas you can explore are big and full of hidden rooms and areas with loads of detail. At one point you have to walk down a street but you can enter two of the houses with multiple floors and rooms that feel lived in. I found a note from a 12 year old who over heard his parents speaking about family deaths and had to release his dog into the wild. it was sweet and when I walked downstairs I found Ellie and one of our companions playing darts and talking. It was a touching moment and the game is full of loads of moments like this as long as you look for it. If you run straight through you'll run out of ammo, die regulary, and finish the game to soon and call the game overhyped.

Overall 10/10 this game is special and extremly well made, you need to play this game to experience it
  70. Jul 8, 2013
    Almost 100% total awesome.

Just the random gun play and Ellie running all over the shop when you're sneaking lets it down.

Here's to 150 characters.
  71. Jun 20, 2013
    The Last of Us made me play into an environment that I never seen before. A survival-horror video game with so much complexity among the characters, the story line, the powerful emotions, the intense game play for survival, and the amazing graphics for I could say that I want to play it more often at least on how the game was meant to end up being. It's one of the best games of theThe Last of Us made me play into an environment that I never seen before. A survival-horror video game with so much complexity among the characters, the story line, the powerful emotions, the intense game play for survival, and the amazing graphics for I could say that I want to play it more often at least on how the game was meant to end up being. It's one of the best games of the PlayStation generation; therefore making it another masterpiece created by Naughty Dog. Mainly, I focused on the tense feelings of the two main characters in which how they were able to survive their journey across the post-apocalyptic United States from beginning to end, showing steps through affection they have between each other. That made me cry, but also made my heart filled with joy... Expand
  72. Jun 21, 2013
    One of the few games I played that went beyond the conventional norms of a video games. I played too many games when it's just cut scenes follow by a wave a npc to take down follow buy more cut scenes and repeat. Games where the shooting mechanic just becomes generic, where no real challenge presents itself other than waves and waves of npc to take down. The Last of Us breaks this mold byOne of the few games I played that went beyond the conventional norms of a video games. I played too many games when it's just cut scenes follow by a wave a npc to take down follow buy more cut scenes and repeat. Games where the shooting mechanic just becomes generic, where no real challenge presents itself other than waves and waves of npc to take down. The Last of Us breaks this mold by engrossing me in a epic story with acting (and yes I say acting because that's what if feels like when I watch these living breathing believable characters) worthy of an Oscar. The cut scenes grips me the moment the game begins; and I have to say the introduction engross me so much that for a few moments I truly felt I was in the world of the game. The time when you take control of the character to fend off npc felt real. And there we're many times that I felt a real sense of danger, whether if its from the fungal zombies or the non infected hunting you down. At the end of the day the Last of Us engrossed my in a story that I only thought a movies can do. It really set the bar high for other games and makes me wonder why aren't more games like the Last of Us and less like the generic shooters that lacks substance in the story and character development department that plague this industry? Hopefully other games developers can take note from the Last of Us and understand that great story telling is no longer just in the realms of novels or movies, but it can be implemented into a video game as well. Expand
  73. Sep 3, 2013
    The game has very poor AI that ruins the sense of immersion and results in inconsistent gameplay. Enemies disregard your followers when sneaking and react in ways that don't make sense to the player's input. Enemies might see you when hiding behind a wall, or they might ignore you when hiding behind clear glass. Overall though the game is great and I won't go over the good points coveredThe game has very poor AI that ruins the sense of immersion and results in inconsistent gameplay. Enemies disregard your followers when sneaking and react in ways that don't make sense to the player's input. Enemies might see you when hiding behind a wall, or they might ignore you when hiding behind clear glass. Overall though the game is great and I won't go over the good points covered by hundreds of users and reviews, but it is not worthy of a perfect score due to the clearly flawed AI. Expand
  74. Dec 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is arguably one of the best titles of this generation. Naughty Dog goes full throttle and delivers their most brutal game yet. This is an experience that will follow you for years to come. If you have ever wanted a reason to purchase a PS3, now is the time. Sony adds another masterpiece to their exclusive collection.
  75. Aug 14, 2013
    Naughty Dog is one of the few game developing companys that I absolutely trust as theey have proven themselves time after time over the years. This game was something refreshing and the first to get me to complete a game in 2 sittings for 16 hours worht of play. The story is fantastic and the game mechanics are solid. The multiplayer worried me that it would be a gimmik but bo no, it fitNaughty Dog is one of the few game developing companys that I absolutely trust as theey have proven themselves time after time over the years. This game was something refreshing and the first to get me to complete a game in 2 sittings for 16 hours worht of play. The story is fantastic and the game mechanics are solid. The multiplayer worried me that it would be a gimmik but bo no, it fit and actually felt like part of the story. If you are a fan of great storys, voice acting, zombie apocalypse and great gameplay mechanics then this will give you everything you want and also replayablilty.
    Masterpiece class game.
  76. Jun 21, 2013
    This is about as good as it gets or is going to get for gaming, at least this generation. It's amazing. Its well written, immersive and fun to play. The game sets a dark tone early and never stops only taking breaks that surprise you and then remind you just how dark it is. Easily my game of the year and I recommend buying it if you enjoy survival horror, theatrical games, third personThis is about as good as it gets or is going to get for gaming, at least this generation. It's amazing. Its well written, immersive and fun to play. The game sets a dark tone early and never stops only taking breaks that surprise you and then remind you just how dark it is. Easily my game of the year and I recommend buying it if you enjoy survival horror, theatrical games, third person shooters, or fun. Expand
  77. Feb 22, 2014
    I think that The last of us is the most brilliant, intelligent, amazing, mature and emotional adventure of the ps360 generation. The better goodbye to PS3.
  78. Jun 19, 2013
    One word, MATERPIECE! This is the most beautiful game that I have played in a long time. The gameplay, graphics, voice acting, and overall flow of the game are spot on which is typical for the best developers in the business Naughty Dog. They truly outdid themselves with this one and I cant wait to see what they will do next for the ps4! Any gamer owes it to themselves to experience one ofOne word, MATERPIECE! This is the most beautiful game that I have played in a long time. The gameplay, graphics, voice acting, and overall flow of the game are spot on which is typical for the best developers in the business Naughty Dog. They truly outdid themselves with this one and I cant wait to see what they will do next for the ps4! Any gamer owes it to themselves to experience one of if not the best game of this console genration. Expand
  79. Sep 12, 2014
    Simply put, the best game ever made. Should be at the top of the list, GTAV, although a good game, should be second as it lacks a lot of stuff GTAIV had, Rockstar are MP benders and sold the SP short.
    The Last of Us was a defining moment in gaming and Naughty Dog are the kings of storytelling
  80. Jun 20, 2013
    If you have a PS3. Do yourself a favor and buy this game new. Please support ND so they can continue on making games like this. Next stop, Beyond Two Souls
  81. Jun 20, 2013
    This game is possibly one of the greatest this generation. After feeling a little underwhelmed with the previous uncharted game, I was beginning to suspect a possible decline in Naughty Dogs ability to create truly fantastic games after making them for so long. Even the great kings must fall, but alas not today.

The Last of Us is an absolute marvel and truly a wonderful, yet dreary

The Last of Us is an absolute marvel and truly a wonderful, yet dreary experience. The combat feels like a fight for survival, whenever you startle an infected or alert a guard, panic sets in and you realize that you have less than enough resources to finish the job. The overall sense of dread throughout might seem as though it would cause some serious burnout late in the game, but Naughty dog manages to keep it interesting all the way through.
    The story is wonderful, though I won't say anything about it to avoid spoiling anything, but it never misses a beat.
    The graphics are possible the greatest on any console at the moment (excluding PC) and the art direction really helps with worn down cities taken over by vegetation.
    unfortunately there are some AI issues in the game, but these are generally few and far between.
    '
    The surprise of the whole package though is the multi-player, seamlessly integrating all of the tactics and resource management that has been learnt in the single player game. I can say that a few times my heart has picked up when it's down to a 1 v 1 and I have only one bullet left, but when you pull through and kick the other guy/gals ass, there is a great sense of relief. The down side is that there are only two mode, but they are both equally as entertaining.

Naught Dog has once again stepped their game up and sent the PS3 out with a last Hoora!
  82. Sep 19, 2013
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played. Naughty Dog has maintained it's firm lead as my favorite developer around. No spoilers, promise.

The Last of Us is a post apocalyptic masterpiece. You play the game through the eyes of Joel, a hardened survivor who has seen too much for one person. Joel is not a hero and he's not a good person. He's simply a survivor. As you play through the game you will begin to relate with Joel and understand how he became the way he is. One of the greatest triumphs of this game is putting you in the survival first mindset.

While secondary to the incredible story, cutscenes, and characterization, the gameplay of The Last of Us is fantastic. The game allows you the freedom to choose how to approach almost every engagement. The combat is gruesome and realistic, and only serves to engage you in the action more. The realism of choking an enemy to death reminds you that you are not just choking some random villain, this is just another person trying to survive. The game provides a fantastic illusion of existing in a real world, despite the fact that it is a linear game.

I can't possibly end my review without mentioning the graphics. They are stunningly good. I did not think that current generation games would look any better than Uncharted 3, but they have improved their graphics again. While most of the sights you will see will be ruined cities, they all look absolutely fantastic thanks to the fantastic texture quality Naughty Dog stuffed in the game.

Gameplay:
    Story:
    Graphics:
    Sound:
  83. Jul 11, 2013
    This is why I will always own a PlayStation in my house. I am a pc gamer for the most part. This game felt just as good as a pc game. Didn't look as good but since the PS3 is limited so must be the game but that doesn't matter. Naughty Dog shows just how far they can push that limitation and still get an amazing looking game. I wish Naughty Dog would develop one game for the pc. They areThis is why I will always own a PlayStation in my house. I am a pc gamer for the most part. This game felt just as good as a pc game. Didn't look as good but since the PS3 is limited so must be the game but that doesn't matter. Naughty Dog shows just how far they can push that limitation and still get an amazing looking game. I wish Naughty Dog would develop one game for the pc. They are always key to detail and love to do the most with what they have. As for the story. The Story for the most part is the best I have seen for a game. It has some cliche and predictable moments but so does every game or movie in this genre. AI interactions in the game are both good and bad. Sometimes they can be flawless and realistic while other times they will just be your mindless AI patrolling. But that element does sometimes make you get comfortable with a situation that you should be on high alert with. There was a few deaths I had were the AI had grabbed me from about 10 feet away. While annoying it just made me approach the situation differently and fixed the problem. I do give one tip to those of you who have not got it yet and are reading this review. Use ammo sparingly otherwise when you really need it. Its gone. Also thank you Naughty Dog for a great game. For those of you who are still on the borderline about this game go to you tube and watch the first 20 minutes of game-play. Expand
  84. Jun 20, 2013
    This game was a masterpiece. The gameplay was fun, and the limited ammo made you adjust the way you play the game. The stealth was a good option to have, and is very effective. The character's and the story was the star of the game, all the character's had emotions that you can relate with; it felt like a real post apocalyptic world. My only complaints in this game were that the A.I wasThis game was a masterpiece. The gameplay was fun, and the limited ammo made you adjust the way you play the game. The stealth was a good option to have, and is very effective. The character's and the story was the star of the game, all the character's had emotions that you can relate with; it felt like a real post apocalyptic world. My only complaints in this game were that the A.I was overrated, and I would've prefered more infected enemies than human enemies. But yeah if your expecting a dead rising type game, you would be disappointed, I would even go as far as say this game is slow paced in a good way; but it was worth it at the end. It was like a rollercoaster of action, emotion, suspense, fear, drama, etc. I actually didn't want this game to end, and not a lot of games can do that with me. Expand
  85. Jun 19, 2013
    Visually engaging, and with a plot-line that deserves the good reviews, the Last of Us has the same style that Naughty Dog has been bringing to its fans with Uncharted. Being worth the 2 year (or more) development time, the experience is the zombie stuff you always see in these kinds of shooter games, but with some added preservatives (lawl) and an eye for detail, the developers have keptVisually engaging, and with a plot-line that deserves the good reviews, the Last of Us has the same style that Naughty Dog has been bringing to its fans with Uncharted. Being worth the 2 year (or more) development time, the experience is the zombie stuff you always see in these kinds of shooter games, but with some added preservatives (lawl) and an eye for detail, the developers have kept putting in a reason to keep people attached to the game. Expand
  86. Jul 5, 2013
    This is a 10/10. Very well done in all aspects. Well except for few glitches like when directing light to a person it doesn't draw a shadow :).
    Nice story, not a brand new one though. Similar to I'm a legend. Except there are many survivors who divided into groups and fighting each others for resources and surviving.
    The story elements are well connected. Ellie definitely sweet companion
    The story elements are well connected. Ellie definitely sweet companion during this journey.
    From gameplay point of view. I loved it. I got a full screen with almost no HUD elements (not needed really). HUD elements only appears when required like when get shot, hit or healing.
    Upgrade system is cool. And I also loved the side stories found in collectable notes.
    Graphics are awesome. the world look fantastic and well designed.
    This is 10/10
  87. Jun 20, 2013
    This game was quite possibly the greatest game I have ever played, firstly it was a gorgeous game, I caught myself several times just admiring the scenery Naughty Dog created. As soon as I beat the game I did not want to put the controller down, in fact, I didn't. I started a second run through, and that's a first for me.
  88. Aug 23, 2014
    I don't understand the low scores some people have given to this game at all. IMO it is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played. I was so caught up in the story that I cried more than once. Yeah, some of the puzzle type things are repetitive - like finding pallets - but the story, the characters, the environments and the fighting more than make up for it - besides youI don't understand the low scores some people have given to this game at all. IMO it is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played. I was so caught up in the story that I cried more than once. Yeah, some of the puzzle type things are repetitive - like finding pallets - but the story, the characters, the environments and the fighting more than make up for it - besides you don't have a lot to work with after 20 years of a violent plague almost wiping out mankind. I liked finding ammo and things to craft with and, for me anyway, I found the sneaking and fighting very challenging on the Normal setting. I'm an avid 60 year old gamer and I'm not out to prove I can beat the game on super hard mode, I don't try for all the trophies and I'm not a trolling fan boy - I enjoy a good game with a great story and this game has it!!! In spades!! I'm on my 3rd go round and cannot stop playing it. The characters and the things they go through are so realistic. The voice acting is phenomenal and the other sounds in the environment are extremely realistic. The infected enemies are scary as **** and the human enemies are sometimes worse! It was very satisfying whacking the crap out of them with a melee weapon. I found the controls pretty easy once you got used to them. I did have to die a few times in some places but I always managed to figure out different strategies for killing all enemies and getting all loot.
    This game kept me interested all the way through and more - not like the disappointing Watch Dogs where I was bored to death after a few chapters - The Last of US is definitely worth your money and I can't wait for the upcoming movie I heard about. Joel and Ellie get my vote for the best voiced and best written characters in any video game ever made!!
  89. Jul 5, 2013
    This game left me with chills.
    I have played many single player games and none have been as good as this. There were points in this game where I wanted to cry. The dark themes in this game are enough to make anyone's jaw drop and you feel it is your duty to defend Ellie at all costs.
    This game left me with chills.
    Even when you know what you are doing is wrong, you do it without question because you build such a strong attachment to her.
    I recommend this game to anyone who sin't black.
  90. Sep 28, 2013
    Wow, I don't even know what to say. I just finished playing and I'm speechless. I am really reluctant to give any game a 10 but this will be the first. This game is the total package. The game does not break immersion. For me total immersion consists of 4 absolutes. Graphics, story, gameplay and sound. For a last of a generation masterpiece this game has the best PS3 graphics bar none. TheWow, I don't even know what to say. I just finished playing and I'm speechless. I am really reluctant to give any game a 10 but this will be the first. This game is the total package. The game does not break immersion. For me total immersion consists of 4 absolutes. Graphics, story, gameplay and sound. For a last of a generation masterpiece this game has the best PS3 graphics bar none. The story has gut wrenching edge of your seat feel. The gameplay mechanics is way above average for a third person action game. And sound is outstanding from the voice over to the pop of your weapons. Do not move on the PS4 without play this game first. Expand
  91. Jul 2, 2013
    OMG TO LAST OF US IS AMAZING!!! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! except...
    the combat! it's total BS! this game demands you to use stealth! dont try to shoot everyone in the face because you cant! you are extremely underpowered against the others, especially soldiers and clickers are the most annoying thing about the game! that's the only thing that i didnt like about the game, apart from that its amazing!
  92. Jul 16, 2013
    The most important thing to remember about this game is that the gameplay isn't the focus. There are plenty of goofy, quirky Indie platformers out there that are more "fun" and have better gameplay. The game has great atmosphere, good storytelling, believable characters and a great soundtrack. All of those elements combined make it worth it. It's like a good book or a thought-provokingThe most important thing to remember about this game is that the gameplay isn't the focus. There are plenty of goofy, quirky Indie platformers out there that are more "fun" and have better gameplay. The game has great atmosphere, good storytelling, believable characters and a great soundtrack. All of those elements combined make it worth it. It's like a good book or a thought-provoking movie. It's a game that you can discuss with friends, on multiple levels, for hours.

Is it perfect? No. It can be frustrating, tedious and at times glitchy. It has a low replay value because, well, you KNOW the story, you KNOW the characters, what else is there? But it's totally worth the price of the game for such a good story.
  93. Jul 2, 2013
    Last of us них.

В Last of us Naughty Dog Uncharted, Last of us The Walking Dead: The Game интересный.
    Last of us них.

Как внушительную(14-16 придуманно.
    Эмоциональная целом.
    Первые last of us half-life 2,но Naughty Dog The Walking Dead: The Game
    И ps3. 1 5 96/100, Half-life 2(пк) uncharted 2.
    Кароче
  94. Jun 20, 2013
    Everything about The Last of Us is intriguing. If you're going into this game thinking that this will be an Uncharted game with zombies don't bother. Also, if you're going into to this game you should know that you're entering into a game where there's barely any happy moments and violence around every corner.

There's quite a few people who play this game and obviously don't get it. The

There's quite a few people who play this game and obviously don't get it. The Last of Us is a very character drive action-adventure, survival game. The gameplay is constantly an intense experience where you never really know what to expect. You could probably nitpick the crap out of the game because it's not perfect, no game is. My personal experience with the game was a special experience that no game has really delivered yet. The level of attachment you feel for these characters is just incredible. The Ai are smart, your resources within gameplay is sparse forcing you to make strategic decisions, and the story is fantastic.

I'm not a huge multiplayer person so it was a huge shock when I got to the multiplayer and found out I really enjoy it! The multiplayey captures that intensity and gameplay experience the single player had. It is really fun.

This game is the best game to do date (in my opinion) on the PlayStation 3. There's been a lot of great games over the years but I feel this is the perfect swan song for the PS3. By the end of if it you really feel for these characters, and it's one hell of a ride. The ending was pretty incredible also. The Last of Us really stretches your mind to think what is right and what is wrong.
  95. Sep 23, 2013
    The Last Of Us is one of the best games of 2013 and I really don't know what will be the Game Of The Year. I just finished Grand Theft Auto 5 and I played Bioshock Infinite. Those 3 games I loved the best games this year but The Last Of Us just stuck with me and got me emotionally attached. Do yourself a favor and get this game the gameplay is solid and you will connect with the characters.
  96. Sep 18, 2013
    When I say 8, I mean an 8.8/10. While I don't think this game is the most epic PS3 exclusive out there, it is am amazing game. It has great graphics, great gameplay, great story, the list goes on. While the game honestly didn't do anything new, it just does it so well. And on top of already a great game, they actually bothered to add multiplayer! As you can tell from my short sentences IWhen I say 8, I mean an 8.8/10. While I don't think this game is the most epic PS3 exclusive out there, it is am amazing game. It has great graphics, great gameplay, great story, the list goes on. While the game honestly didn't do anything new, it just does it so well. And on top of already a great game, they actually bothered to add multiplayer! As you can tell from my short sentences I love this game, then why didn't it get a 9 or 10? It's because after a while of the theme and nothing that new or innovative, it gets boring at about the half way mark. But despite that one flaw, it is a great game! Expand
  97. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was a good game. meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Expand
  98. Aug 8, 2013
    I'll be honest. I do not like the Uncharted series at all. Naughty Dog had a lot to prove to me with this game and they succeeded greatly. Probably the best survival horror game since Resident Evil 4 for sure. The graphics are awesome, and you can see the emotion on Joel and Ellie's faces. The story is amazing, and kept me gripped the whole 12 hours. The gameplay is really fun, and focusesI'll be honest. I do not like the Uncharted series at all. Naughty Dog had a lot to prove to me with this game and they succeeded greatly. Probably the best survival horror game since Resident Evil 4 for sure. The graphics are awesome, and you can see the emotion on Joel and Ellie's faces. The story is amazing, and kept me gripped the whole 12 hours. The gameplay is really fun, and focuses on resource management during combat situations which is incredibly fun with a layer of challenge as well. The only gripe I had was some checkpoints pissed me off. All in all though, great game and second to only BioShock Infinite for Game of the Year. Expand
  99. Jul 4, 2013
    +Voice acting
    +Visuals
    +Music score and general atmosphere +All characters are shady and morally ambiguous. Even the lead character seems this way after they have essentially killed more than a 100 people.. I think I prefer this over pacifist characters or the kinds that say they good honest people when in reality they would do anything that the raiders would do if they got desperate
    +Voice acting
    +Visuals
    +Music score and general atmosphere
    +All characters are shady and morally ambiguous. Even the lead character seems this way after they have essentially killed more than a 100 people.. I think I prefer this over pacifist characters or the kinds that say they good honest people when in reality they would do anything that the raiders would do if they got desperate enough. The question of whether its self defense props up a few times.. you steal all the raiders food/ammo so its pretty clear its more about survival than morals. The only clear moral line is not raping or torturing someone.

-I don't really get why the developers always seem so invested in telling us how the zombies came to be. Does it matter? That they are not the living dead but simply infected? All I know is that killing zombies through a headshot is ingrained in popular culture... coming up with an excuse like that so we can shoot them in the torso to kill them is just lame.

-The problem with the enemies all ignoring Ellie. In stealth situations Naughty Dog skipped this part of the coding so she just walks right passed zombies.... I always wonder how developers will show us the friendly AI sneak past zombies, either sneak with you, take their own route, or hide while you get passed, then later meeting up with you. Come on guys.. be a bit more professional.

-The smoke bomb is useless, but not because they are not necessary, it's just that they don't seem to work properly. The enemy never stopped firing at me when I threw them either when it was at their feet or at mine.
  100. Sep 2, 2013
    Graphics are spectacular, so yes you heard that millions of the times for this title, now on to the rest.

I'm not a single player person at all, I actually despise it now since I've been spoiled with online coop etc, but I will say this is well worth your $60 just for the single player experience alone. Does the multiplayer hold it as well? Hell yes! It's very fun once you learn

Does the multiplayer hold it as well? Hell yes! It's very fun once you learn tactics and learn what you are doing as well!
    Definitely deserves the 10!

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]