• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 17, 2013
    Not playing this game any more makes me sad. It's one of those, like when House finished. It's all
    About the characters, you really care about them. Compared to PC gaming the graphics aren't amazing (needs a little anti aliasing) but it's so beautiful. Makes me want to live in post zombie apocalypse America.
  2. Jul 12, 2013
    I entered the game with mixed feelings as I mostly just enjoy multiplayer competitive games and not single player mode. The game is a must have for any ps3 owner. Somehow it just captures the emotions and struggles faced by the two main characters as well as the others you have quick encounters with. Most games fail in this regard where I do not care even a bit about their past and justI entered the game with mixed feelings as I mostly just enjoy multiplayer competitive games and not single player mode. The game is a must have for any ps3 owner. Somehow it just captures the emotions and struggles faced by the two main characters as well as the others you have quick encounters with. Most games fail in this regard where I do not care even a bit about their past and just want to skip the dialogue to finish the game.

This game makes you afraid of pressing the skip button by accident. Seriously.

*Note have not played the multiplayer
  3. Jun 22, 2013
    A literal masterpiece. I've never had a video game make me experience emotions like this. I literally shed tears in the first 15 minutes of the game. Simply amazing.
  4. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is very detailed it's outstanding. You have to play the game correctly (something Tom Chick at quarter to three obviously didn't do) which means intelligently. Sometimes you will have no choice but to stealth around the enemy with a solid stealth system and at other times stealth isn't an option and you have to smartly use every resource available to survive encounters. The gameThis game is very detailed it's outstanding. You have to play the game correctly (something Tom Chick at quarter to three obviously didn't do) which means intelligently. Sometimes you will have no choice but to stealth around the enemy with a solid stealth system and at other times stealth isn't an option and you have to smartly use every resource available to survive encounters. The game isn't hard if your smart about encounters with enemys, it can be repetitive but it firmly sets it in reality. One section of the game see's you getting a car, another see's you escaping a city, they're all sensible goals which ground the last of us in reality. The story is sweet and touching but the ending took me a while of thinking to properly appreciate it.

But I would be lying if I didn't say the highlights of the last of us are in the story and fighting. The true highlight is exploring the world, some people say the last of us is very linear but the areas you can explore are big and full of hidden rooms and areas with loads of detail. At one point you have to walk down a street but you can enter two of the houses with multiple floors and rooms that feel lived in. I found a note from a 12 year old who over heard his parents speaking about family deaths and had to release his dog into the wild. it was sweet and when I walked downstairs I found Ellie and one of our companions playing darts and talking. It was a touching moment and the game is full of loads of moments like this as long as you look for it. If you run straight through you'll run out of ammo, die regulary, and finish the game to soon and call the game overhyped.

Overall 10/10 this game is special and extremly well made, you need to play this game to experience it
  5. Jul 8, 2013
    Almost 100% total awesome.

Just the random gun play and Ellie running all over the shop when you're sneaking lets it down.

Here's to 150 characters.
  6. Jun 20, 2013
    The Last of Us made me play into an environment that I never seen before. A survival-horror video game with so much complexity among the characters, the story line, the powerful emotions, the intense game play for survival, and the amazing graphics for I could say that I want to play it more often at least on how the game was meant to end up being. It's one of the best games of theThe Last of Us made me play into an environment that I never seen before. A survival-horror video game with so much complexity among the characters, the story line, the powerful emotions, the intense game play for survival, and the amazing graphics for I could say that I want to play it more often at least on how the game was meant to end up being. It's one of the best games of the PlayStation generation; therefore making it another masterpiece created by Naughty Dog. Mainly, I focused on the tense feelings of the two main characters in which how they were able to survive their journey across the post-apocalyptic United States from beginning to end, showing steps through affection they have between each other. That made me cry, but also made my heart filled with joy... Expand
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    One of the few games I played that went beyond the conventional norms of a video games. I played too many games when it's just cut scenes follow by a wave a npc to take down follow buy more cut scenes and repeat. Games where the shooting mechanic just becomes generic, where no real challenge presents itself other than waves and waves of npc to take down. The Last of Us breaks this mold byOne of the few games I played that went beyond the conventional norms of a video games. I played too many games when it's just cut scenes follow by a wave a npc to take down follow buy more cut scenes and repeat. Games where the shooting mechanic just becomes generic, where no real challenge presents itself other than waves and waves of npc to take down. The Last of Us breaks this mold by engrossing me in a epic story with acting (and yes I say acting because that's what if feels like when I watch these living breathing believable characters) worthy of an Oscar. The cut scenes grips me the moment the game begins; and I have to say the introduction engross me so much that for a few moments I truly felt I was in the world of the game. The time when you take control of the character to fend off npc felt real. And there we're many times that I felt a real sense of danger, whether if its from the fungal zombies or the non infected hunting you down. At the end of the day the Last of Us engrossed my in a story that I only thought a movies can do. It really set the bar high for other games and makes me wonder why aren't more games like the Last of Us and less like the generic shooters that lacks substance in the story and character development department that plague this industry? Hopefully other games developers can take note from the Last of Us and understand that great story telling is no longer just in the realms of novels or movies, but it can be implemented into a video game as well. Expand
  8. Dec 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is arguably one of the best titles of this generation. Naughty Dog goes full throttle and delivers their most brutal game yet. This is an experience that will follow you for years to come. If you have ever wanted a reason to purchase a PS3, now is the time. Sony adds another masterpiece to their exclusive collection.
  9. Aug 14, 2013
    Naughty Dog is one of the few game developing companys that I absolutely trust as theey have proven themselves time after time over the years. This game was something refreshing and the first to get me to complete a game in 2 sittings for 16 hours worht of play. The story is fantastic and the game mechanics are solid. The multiplayer worried me that it would be a gimmik but bo no, it fitNaughty Dog is one of the few game developing companys that I absolutely trust as theey have proven themselves time after time over the years. This game was something refreshing and the first to get me to complete a game in 2 sittings for 16 hours worht of play. The story is fantastic and the game mechanics are solid. The multiplayer worried me that it would be a gimmik but bo no, it fit and actually felt like part of the story. If you are a fan of great storys, voice acting, zombie apocalypse and great gameplay mechanics then this will give you everything you want and also replayablilty.
    Masterpiece class game.
  10. Jun 21, 2013
    This is about as good as it gets or is going to get for gaming, at least this generation. It's amazing. Its well written, immersive and fun to play. The game sets a dark tone early and never stops only taking breaks that surprise you and then remind you just how dark it is. Easily my game of the year and I recommend buying it if you enjoy survival horror, theatrical games, third personThis is about as good as it gets or is going to get for gaming, at least this generation. It's amazing. Its well written, immersive and fun to play. The game sets a dark tone early and never stops only taking breaks that surprise you and then remind you just how dark it is. Easily my game of the year and I recommend buying it if you enjoy survival horror, theatrical games, third person shooters, or fun. Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2014
    I think that The last of us is the most brilliant, intelligent, amazing, mature and emotional adventure of the ps360 generation. The better goodbye to PS3.
  12. Jun 19, 2013
    One word, MATERPIECE! This is the most beautiful game that I have played in a long time. The gameplay, graphics, voice acting, and overall flow of the game are spot on which is typical for the best developers in the business Naughty Dog. They truly outdid themselves with this one and I cant wait to see what they will do next for the ps4! Any gamer owes it to themselves to experience one ofOne word, MATERPIECE! This is the most beautiful game that I have played in a long time. The gameplay, graphics, voice acting, and overall flow of the game are spot on which is typical for the best developers in the business Naughty Dog. They truly outdid themselves with this one and I cant wait to see what they will do next for the ps4! Any gamer owes it to themselves to experience one of if not the best game of this console genration. Expand
  13. Sep 12, 2014
    Simply put, the best game ever made. Should be at the top of the list, GTAV, although a good game, should be second as it lacks a lot of stuff GTAIV had, Rockstar are MP benders and sold the SP short.
    The Last of Us was a defining moment in gaming and Naughty Dog are the kings of storytelling
  14. Jun 20, 2013
    If you have a PS3. Do yourself a favor and buy this game new. Please support ND so they can continue on making games like this. Next stop, Beyond Two Souls
  15. Jun 20, 2013
    This game is possibly one of the greatest this generation. After feeling a little underwhelmed with the previous uncharted game, I was beginning to suspect a possible decline in Naughty Dogs ability to create truly fantastic games after making them for so long. Even the great kings must fall, but alas not today.

The Last of Us is an absolute marvel and truly a wonderful, yet dreary

The Last of Us is an absolute marvel and truly a wonderful, yet dreary experience. The combat feels like a fight for survival, whenever you startle an infected or alert a guard, panic sets in and you realize that you have less than enough resources to finish the job. The overall sense of dread throughout might seem as though it would cause some serious burnout late in the game, but Naughty dog manages to keep it interesting all the way through.
    The story is wonderful, though I won't say anything about it to avoid spoiling anything, but it never misses a beat.
    The graphics are possible the greatest on any console at the moment (excluding PC) and the art direction really helps with worn down cities taken over by vegetation.
    unfortunately there are some AI issues in the game, but these are generally few and far between.
    '
    The surprise of the whole package though is the multi-player, seamlessly integrating all of the tactics and resource management that has been learnt in the single player game. I can say that a few times my heart has picked up when it's down to a 1 v 1 and I have only one bullet left, but when you pull through and kick the other guy/gals ass, there is a great sense of relief. The down side is that there are only two mode, but they are both equally as entertaining.

Naught Dog has once again stepped their game up and sent the PS3 out with a last Hoora!
  16. Sep 4, 2013
    This is the most amazing game i have ever played. Though looking forward to GTA V, this game will definitely be my second favorite game of all time. A little taste for PS4 and great graphics!! The story line is second to none. It's GREAT! It deserves full marks. It's not everyday you get a great game you could actually play, over and over again. Congrats Naughty Dog!
  17. Sep 19, 2013
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played. Naughty Dog has maintained it's firm lead as my favorite developer around. No spoilers, promise.

The Last of Us is a post apocalyptic masterpiece. You play the game through the eyes of Joel, a hardened survivor who has seen too much for one person. Joel is not a hero and he's not a good person. He's simply a survivor. As you play through the game you will begin to relate with Joel and understand how he became the way he is. One of the greatest triumphs of this game is putting you in the survival first mindset.

While secondary to the incredible story, cutscenes, and characterization, the gameplay of The Last of Us is fantastic. The game allows you the freedom to choose how to approach almost every engagement. The combat is gruesome and realistic, and only serves to engage you in the action more. The realism of choking an enemy to death reminds you that you are not just choking some random villain, this is just another person trying to survive. The game provides a fantastic illusion of existing in a real world, despite the fact that it is a linear game.

I can't possibly end my review without mentioning the graphics. They are stunningly good. I did not think that current generation games would look any better than Uncharted 3, but they have improved their graphics again. While most of the sights you will see will be ruined cities, they all look absolutely fantastic thanks to the fantastic texture quality Naughty Dog stuffed in the game.

Gameplay:
    Story:
    Graphics:
    Sound:
  18. Jul 11, 2013
    This is why I will always own a PlayStation in my house. I am a pc gamer for the most part. This game felt just as good as a pc game. Didn't look as good but since the PS3 is limited so must be the game but that doesn't matter. Naughty Dog shows just how far they can push that limitation and still get an amazing looking game. I wish Naughty Dog would develop one game for the pc. They areThis is why I will always own a PlayStation in my house. I am a pc gamer for the most part. This game felt just as good as a pc game. Didn't look as good but since the PS3 is limited so must be the game but that doesn't matter. Naughty Dog shows just how far they can push that limitation and still get an amazing looking game. I wish Naughty Dog would develop one game for the pc. They are always key to detail and love to do the most with what they have. As for the story. The Story for the most part is the best I have seen for a game. It has some cliche and predictable moments but so does every game or movie in this genre. AI interactions in the game are both good and bad. Sometimes they can be flawless and realistic while other times they will just be your mindless AI patrolling. But that element does sometimes make you get comfortable with a situation that you should be on high alert with. There was a few deaths I had were the AI had grabbed me from about 10 feet away. While annoying it just made me approach the situation differently and fixed the problem. I do give one tip to those of you who have not got it yet and are reading this review. Use ammo sparingly otherwise when you really need it. Its gone. Also thank you Naughty Dog for a great game. For those of you who are still on the borderline about this game go to you tube and watch the first 20 minutes of game-play. Expand
  19. Jun 20, 2013
    This game was a masterpiece. The gameplay was fun, and the limited ammo made you adjust the way you play the game. The stealth was a good option to have, and is very effective. The character's and the story was the star of the game, all the character's had emotions that you can relate with; it felt like a real post apocalyptic world. My only complaints in this game were that the A.I wasThis game was a masterpiece. The gameplay was fun, and the limited ammo made you adjust the way you play the game. The stealth was a good option to have, and is very effective. The character's and the story was the star of the game, all the character's had emotions that you can relate with; it felt like a real post apocalyptic world. My only complaints in this game were that the A.I was overrated, and I would've prefered more infected enemies than human enemies. But yeah if your expecting a dead rising type game, you would be disappointed, I would even go as far as say this game is slow paced in a good way; but it was worth it at the end. It was like a rollercoaster of action, emotion, suspense, fear, drama, etc. I actually didn't want this game to end, and not a lot of games can do that with me. Expand
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    Visually engaging, and with a plot-line that deserves the good reviews, the Last of Us has the same style that Naughty Dog has been bringing to its fans with Uncharted. Being worth the 2 year (or more) development time, the experience is the zombie stuff you always see in these kinds of shooter games, but with some added preservatives (lawl) and an eye for detail, the developers have keptVisually engaging, and with a plot-line that deserves the good reviews, the Last of Us has the same style that Naughty Dog has been bringing to its fans with Uncharted. Being worth the 2 year (or more) development time, the experience is the zombie stuff you always see in these kinds of shooter games, but with some added preservatives (lawl) and an eye for detail, the developers have kept putting in a reason to keep people attached to the game. Expand
  21. Jul 5, 2013
    This is a 10/10. Very well done in all aspects. Well except for few glitches like when directing light to a person it doesn't draw a shadow :).
    Nice story, not a brand new one though. Similar to I'm a legend. Except there are many survivors who divided into groups and fighting each others for resources and surviving.
    The story elements are well connected. Ellie definitely sweet companion
    The story elements are well connected. Ellie definitely sweet companion during this journey.
    From gameplay point of view. I loved it. I got a full screen with almost no HUD elements (not needed really). HUD elements only appears when required like when get shot, hit or healing.
    Upgrade system is cool. And I also loved the side stories found in collectable notes.
    Graphics are awesome. the world look fantastic and well designed.
    This is 10/10
  22. Jun 20, 2013
    This game was quite possibly the greatest game I have ever played, firstly it was a gorgeous game, I caught myself several times just admiring the scenery Naughty Dog created. As soon as I beat the game I did not want to put the controller down, in fact, I didn't. I started a second run through, and that's a first for me.
  23. Aug 23, 2014
    I don't understand the low scores some people have given to this game at all. IMO it is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played. I was so caught up in the story that I cried more than once. Yeah, some of the puzzle type things are repetitive - like finding pallets - but the story, the characters, the environments and the fighting more than make up for it - besides youI don't understand the low scores some people have given to this game at all. IMO it is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played. I was so caught up in the story that I cried more than once. Yeah, some of the puzzle type things are repetitive - like finding pallets - but the story, the characters, the environments and the fighting more than make up for it - besides you don't have a lot to work with after 20 years of a violent plague almost wiping out mankind. I liked finding ammo and things to craft with and, for me anyway, I found the sneaking and fighting very challenging on the Normal setting. I'm an avid 60 year old gamer and I'm not out to prove I can beat the game on super hard mode, I don't try for all the trophies and I'm not a trolling fan boy - I enjoy a good game with a great story and this game has it!!! In spades!! I'm on my 3rd go round and cannot stop playing it. The characters and the things they go through are so realistic. The voice acting is phenomenal and the other sounds in the environment are extremely realistic. The infected enemies are scary as **** and the human enemies are sometimes worse! It was very satisfying whacking the crap out of them with a melee weapon. I found the controls pretty easy once you got used to them. I did have to die a few times in some places but I always managed to figure out different strategies for killing all enemies and getting all loot.
    This game kept me interested all the way through and more - not like the disappointing Watch Dogs where I was bored to death after a few chapters - The Last of US is definitely worth your money and I can't wait for the upcoming movie I heard about. Joel and Ellie get my vote for the best voiced and best written characters in any video game ever made!!
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    This game left me with chills.
    I have played many single player games and none have been as good as this. There were points in this game where I wanted to cry. The dark themes in this game are enough to make anyone's jaw drop and you feel it is your duty to defend Ellie at all costs.
    This game left me with chills.
    Even when you know what you are doing is wrong, you do it without question because you build such a strong attachment to her.
    I recommend this game to anyone who sin't black.
  25. Sep 28, 2013
    Wow, I don't even know what to say. I just finished playing and I'm speechless. I am really reluctant to give any game a 10 but this will be the first. This game is the total package. The game does not break immersion. For me total immersion consists of 4 absolutes. Graphics, story, gameplay and sound. For a last of a generation masterpiece this game has the best PS3 graphics bar none. TheWow, I don't even know what to say. I just finished playing and I'm speechless. I am really reluctant to give any game a 10 but this will be the first. This game is the total package. The game does not break immersion. For me total immersion consists of 4 absolutes. Graphics, story, gameplay and sound. For a last of a generation masterpiece this game has the best PS3 graphics bar none. The story has gut wrenching edge of your seat feel. The gameplay mechanics is way above average for a third person action game. And sound is outstanding from the voice over to the pop of your weapons. Do not move on the PS4 without play this game first. Expand
  26. Jul 2, 2013
    OMG TO LAST OF US IS AMAZING!!! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! except...
    the combat! it's total BS! this game demands you to use stealth! dont try to shoot everyone in the face because you cant! you are extremely underpowered against the others, especially soldiers and clickers are the most annoying thing about the game! that's the only thing that i didnt like about the game, apart from that its amazing!
  27. Jul 16, 2013
    The most important thing to remember about this game is that the gameplay isn't the focus. There are plenty of goofy, quirky Indie platformers out there that are more "fun" and have better gameplay. The game has great atmosphere, good storytelling, believable characters and a great soundtrack. All of those elements combined make it worth it. It's like a good book or a thought-provokingThe most important thing to remember about this game is that the gameplay isn't the focus. There are plenty of goofy, quirky Indie platformers out there that are more "fun" and have better gameplay. The game has great atmosphere, good storytelling, believable characters and a great soundtrack. All of those elements combined make it worth it. It's like a good book or a thought-provoking movie. It's a game that you can discuss with friends, on multiple levels, for hours.

Is it perfect? No. It can be frustrating, tedious and at times glitchy. It has a low replay value because, well, you KNOW the story, you KNOW the characters, what else is there? But it's totally worth the price of the game for such a good story.
  28. Jul 2, 2013
    Last of us них.

В Last of us Naughty Dog Uncharted, Last of us The Walking Dead: The Game интересный.
    Last of us них.

Как внушительную(14-16 придуманно.
    Эмоциональная целом.
    Первые last of us half-life 2,но Naughty Dog The Walking Dead: The Game
    И ps3. 1 5 96/100, Half-life 2(пк) uncharted 2.
    Кароче
  29. Jun 20, 2013
    Everything about The Last of Us is intriguing. If you're going into this game thinking that this will be an Uncharted game with zombies don't bother. Also, if you're going into to this game you should know that you're entering into a game where there's barely any happy moments and violence around every corner.

There's quite a few people who play this game and obviously don't get it. The

There's quite a few people who play this game and obviously don't get it. The Last of Us is a very character drive action-adventure, survival game. The gameplay is constantly an intense experience where you never really know what to expect. You could probably nitpick the crap out of the game because it's not perfect, no game is. My personal experience with the game was a special experience that no game has really delivered yet. The level of attachment you feel for these characters is just incredible. The Ai are smart, your resources within gameplay is sparse forcing you to make strategic decisions, and the story is fantastic.

I'm not a huge multiplayer person so it was a huge shock when I got to the multiplayer and found out I really enjoy it! The multiplayey captures that intensity and gameplay experience the single player had. It is really fun.

This game is the best game to do date (in my opinion) on the PlayStation 3. There's been a lot of great games over the years but I feel this is the perfect swan song for the PS3. By the end of if it you really feel for these characters, and it's one hell of a ride. The ending was pretty incredible also. The Last of Us really stretches your mind to think what is right and what is wrong.
  30. Sep 23, 2013
    The Last Of Us is one of the best games of 2013 and I really don't know what will be the Game Of The Year. I just finished Grand Theft Auto 5 and I played Bioshock Infinite. Those 3 games I loved the best games this year but The Last Of Us just stuck with me and got me emotionally attached. Do yourself a favor and get this game the gameplay is solid and you will connect with the characters.
  31. Aug 8, 2013
    I'll be honest. I do not like the Uncharted series at all. Naughty Dog had a lot to prove to me with this game and they succeeded greatly. Probably the best survival horror game since Resident Evil 4 for sure. The graphics are awesome, and you can see the emotion on Joel and Ellie's faces. The story is amazing, and kept me gripped the whole 12 hours. The gameplay is really fun, and focusesI'll be honest. I do not like the Uncharted series at all. Naughty Dog had a lot to prove to me with this game and they succeeded greatly. Probably the best survival horror game since Resident Evil 4 for sure. The graphics are awesome, and you can see the emotion on Joel and Ellie's faces. The story is amazing, and kept me gripped the whole 12 hours. The gameplay is really fun, and focuses on resource management during combat situations which is incredibly fun with a layer of challenge as well. The only gripe I had was some checkpoints pissed me off. All in all though, great game and second to only BioShock Infinite for Game of the Year. Expand
  32. Sep 2, 2013
    Graphics are spectacular, so yes you heard that millions of the times for this title, now on to the rest.

I'm not a single player person at all, I actually despise it now since I've been spoiled with online coop etc, but I will say this is well worth your $60 just for the single player experience alone. Does the multiplayer hold it as well? Hell yes! It's very fun once you learn

Does the multiplayer hold it as well? Hell yes! It's very fun once you learn tactics and learn what you are doing as well!
    Definitely deserves the 10!
  33. Nov 3, 2013
    If you don't have a Playstation 3 yet, then this game is the reason to buy one. I need to write something more to have at least 150 characters. It's done.
  34. Jun 19, 2013
    The Last of Us is the best post-apocalyptic game I've ever seen. The characters are well portrayed and look really alive. AI can be annoying sometimes, but it's insignificant compared to all the positive sides of this game.
  35. Jul 14, 2013
    I loved this game. It loved me back

I turned into a monster and the game new that. It then lead into monster terrritory and released me.
    TGhed game was amazingly good this hoop is the worst
  36. Jun 20, 2013
    Possibly one of the best and now my favourite game of this generation. I cannot fault it, the design, story, characters, music and of course the game play are all sublime, this game will go down as a classic for all the right reasons and i don't want to give anything away so i wont go into it but you really have to get this.
  37. Jul 19, 2013
    wow what a great amazing game naughty dog did it again after the amazing uncharted and brought us The last of us first let's talk about the graphics the graphics in this game are up good they're so good best graphic ever on ps3 ,the lighting the shadows the way their mouth and body moves is so realistic you feel like they're real people ,The gameplay familiar?yes awesome yes, itwow what a great amazing game naughty dog did it again after the amazing uncharted and brought us The last of us first let's talk about the graphics the graphics in this game are up good they're so good best graphic ever on ps3 ,the lighting the shadows the way their mouth and body moves is so realistic you feel like they're real people ,The gameplay familiar?yes awesome yes, it is as if naughty dog wanted to tell capcom you didn't have to turn survival horror into action to succeed also the crafting in this game is awesome some games make it bad and makes you hate it but in this game it's easy and works really well the ammo is a bit rare in this game but you'll end up saving many ammo as the game urges you to play more stealth which by the end you'll be so good at it stealth kill in this game are amazing when you strangle someone the man tries to resist you'll feel like that's how strangling should be ,the story in this game is so damn good it has so many emotional dark and sad moments you'll ever see in a game and the ending believe me you'll never see it coming but after all that what naughty dog did really well in this game is the AI it so good although friendly AI can be bad at some moment bad the enemy's AI is so good for example i took one as a human shield but his friend shot him and killed to be able to kill me that's AI right there in the end i loved the character loved the story and loved the game play
    so is this an overrated game no believe me it deserves to be one of the finest games of this generation
  38. Jun 27, 2013
    This is an absolutely great game that grabs ahold of you from the opening scene and doesn't let go. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is polished and the soundtrack sets the tone for all of it. The only minor complaint I have is that "the infected" don't play a large enough role.
  39. Jun 20, 2013
    I have been a gamer for many many years and I have to say,this could possibly be the best game i`ve ever played in my life.Everything about it is amazing.The story,the acting,the gameplay. Everything.I don't want to spoil anything for you so I wont go into detail,but the story is so enthralling.It just sucks you right in.Even the multiplayer in great.Its not just some tacked on trash.ItsI have been a gamer for many many years and I have to say,this could possibly be the best game i`ve ever played in my life.Everything about it is amazing.The story,the acting,the gameplay. Everything.I don't want to spoil anything for you so I wont go into detail,but the story is so enthralling.It just sucks you right in.Even the multiplayer in great.Its not just some tacked on trash.Its actually great and it ports over the single-player experience perfectly.I would recommend this game to anyone.If you have a PS3 you must own this game. Expand
  40. Jun 20, 2013
    I have to say, this is definitely one of the best game I have ever played in my life. And when the reviews said this game takes 16 hours to finish, they weren't kidding.

Let's pick the obvious positives that this game nails: graphic, atmosphere, voice acting, music and gameplay. The graphic is like Uncharted 3, but with more realistic gore and with a post apocalyptic environment that's like Enslaved with greens all around. The character's facial expressions itself looks almost photo realistic with great voice acting from each characters. It's easily the best graphic I have ever seen in any game period. The music fits the various situations of the game, ranging from beautiful soft somber music to upbeat when going into battle.

The gameplay itself is also excellent. It uses a modified Uncharted engine which makes hand to hand combat feels brutal and satisfying to pull off. Each enemy takes 7 punches to kill, but you can grab a weapon like a baseball bat to increase the melee damage that takes enemies out in 3 hits, or even better a bladed weapons that kills them with 1 hit, though weapons can break depending on their durability. Shooting weapons in the game feels powerful and awesome, but the game is very2 strict on ammo though. The max ammo that you can store for the handgun for example is only 21 bullets, revolver is only 18 while the rifle is only 7. You can upgrade the maximum ammo capacity but it'll only give you 1 bullet extra that you can store per upgrade, so every bullet counts. You can also build various tools such as a shiv or a small dagger and a Molotov to roast enemies into dust that can be crafted by having the right ingredients. If you want to see the game in action, look no further than the E3 2012 demo. You can do everything in the demo in this game, and as you can see from that demo, the enemy ai is smart and will react realistically.

People say this game is an action adventure survival horror game, but I personally believe it's more like Splinter Cell Conviction only without the ability to do mark and execute and without the ability to climb like a monkey, and a lot more gore. This game is very heavy on stealth as every encounter with an enemy always involves hiding from them and outsmarting them to take them all out. If you go out in the open like usual third person shooter games nowadays, you will die quick. So I suggest doing stealth kills really often by getting behind an enemy, press triangle and press square to immediately knock them out unconscious. Or if you are gunned down, either go behind an enemy or beat the crap out of an enemy up front until you can press triangle button to use them as a human shield. This is one of the save way to shoot at an enemy without getting killed, so I recommend this strategy often as it save ammo and it feels badass.

The upgrade system in this game comprises of 2 categories: weapon upgrades and skill upgrades. For the weapon upgrades you have to collect gears to get enough points to upgrade a weapon, and occasionally you will have to collect a toolbox to allow further weapon upgrades. Skill upgrades on the other hand requires you to collect vitamin pills....... yeah you heard that right, you have to collect vitamin pills to upgrade your skill. Pretty funny. I recommend stacking up 75 pills to get the useful skill of counter attacking the "clicker" mushroom head enemies and not buy the other skills before you got that. These mushroom heads are a pain in the ass to kill. You have to collect daggers, or shiv, to stealth kill them or else you will have to beat them up JUST in time before they grab you or shoot them from afar. If they grab you and you don't have that skill I mentioned or you don't have any dagger, you're instantly dead.

The game's multiplayer is pretty interesting and very well done. Unlike the usual multiplayer games with modes like capture the flag, free for all and team deathmatch, this game only have 2: raid and survivors. Raid is team deathmatch only with 20 allowable respawns per team, while survivors is like Counter Strike. At the main menu, you can choose between 2 factions: Fireflies (good guys) and the Hunters (bad guys). After you select your faction, you are given this interesting micro management minigame where you have to handle survivors staying in your camp. So basically, you have to kill enemies in multiplayer and collect blue pills as required by the survivors in your camp. If you perform well, the number of survivors will grow and the more they are the more items you unlock. But if you don't perform well in multiplayer, the survivors can get sick and get hungry which will decrease their numbers.It plays exactly like the singleplayer and it makes for some intense hide and seek battle.

Overall, a must buy for every PS3 owners out there. One of the best games of this generation.
  41. Jul 27, 2013
    I've always been a Sony guy but not everything Sony has done is great (check Motorstorm, Playstation All-Stars, and the original Killzone). This game is one that truly caught me off guard. I originally wrote it off as being Sony's attempt at cashing into the Survival Horror genre but this was not the case whatsoever. This is Naughty Dog's swan song for the PS3 and this current generationI've always been a Sony guy but not everything Sony has done is great (check Motorstorm, Playstation All-Stars, and the original Killzone). This game is one that truly caught me off guard. I originally wrote it off as being Sony's attempt at cashing into the Survival Horror genre but this was not the case whatsoever. This is Naughty Dog's swan song for the PS3 and this current generation of consoles. Only a couple of games really come close to being this good in this generation. The story was amazing, the graphics are very impressive even for PS3, and the gameplay is perfect for this type of game. I get why this game gets a lot of criticism but it doesn't (and shouldn't) be compared to any other game. If Naughty Dog could surpass Uncharted 2, then they truly have limitless potential. 10/10 Expand
  42. Jun 19, 2013
    I can't help but give this a perfect 10. This was one of the best journeys I have taken as a gamer and as a lover of a beautiful story told through gameplay, conversation, gestures, relationships and the evolution of an individual and their experiences. I have never felt so immersed in a game and felt so connected to the protagonists. Never felt cheap and always had a surprise around everyI can't help but give this a perfect 10. This was one of the best journeys I have taken as a gamer and as a lover of a beautiful story told through gameplay, conversation, gestures, relationships and the evolution of an individual and their experiences. I have never felt so immersed in a game and felt so connected to the protagonists. Never felt cheap and always had a surprise around every corner. A hefty 16 hours to beat and huge replay value. Bravo Naughty Dog. A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Expand
  43. Jun 20, 2013
    Why are you reading reviews?? Go buy the damn game already!

This is seriously the game that can offer you THE best apocalyptic movie experience. This game was very well executed. Graphics are well designed, brilliant models and textures. Every moment in the story line is engaging and you bond with the characters so well. This is not just a 3rd person shooter, you actually need to
    Why are you reading reviews?? Go buy the damn game already!

Every moment in the story line is engaging and you bond with the characters so well. This is not just a 3rd person shooter, you actually need to preserve your ammunition and only use it in emergencies. This being said, it is quite hard to stay calm with adrenaline pumping through your body while you are surrounded by infected.
  44. Sep 14, 2014
    I have to admit this is one of the best games I've ever played. Everything in this game is perfect: the music, the story, the characters, the atmosphere, environments, graphics, etc.., Joel and Ellie are some of the best characters ever. The story is excellent. Oh yes, let's not forget the really good multiplayer game.

If you have a PS3 you will be forced to play this masterpiece. If

If you have a PS3 you will be forced to play this masterpiece. If you do not have a PS3, this game is a reason to buy it.
  45. Jun 20, 2013
    If the Last of Us has shown us anything it's that a linear 3rd person action-stealth game with no truly original gameplay mechanics can deliver one of the finest, most intense gaming experiences ever created. The gameplay is not revolutionary, 3rd person stealth mixed up a bit with a see through walls mechanic is definitely not new but there is a huge level of polish with the system. ThisIf the Last of Us has shown us anything it's that a linear 3rd person action-stealth game with no truly original gameplay mechanics can deliver one of the finest, most intense gaming experiences ever created. The gameplay is not revolutionary, 3rd person stealth mixed up a bit with a see through walls mechanic is definitely not new but there is a huge level of polish with the system. This is one of my favourite cover systems in a game, you crouch and in true video game fashion all walls are a convenient height for you to hide behind but transitioning in and out of cover is seemleess because there is not transition. you are not locked to cover and are free to move anywhere. Another thing that shines is how real bullets feel, when shot you will not only flinch, you will fall backward like you are actually hurt and there is no regenerating health and health kits are not instant either, you take time to apply them which when not considered can be fatal. Crafting is awesome because you are never pulled out of the game. Story and atmosphere are what trulky bring the game together though. This is not a happy story about saving the world from the apocalypse, its a personal journey about the relationship between Joel and Ellie and how they care for each other, the emotion between them and how they're companionship grows. Ellie is a great companion to have not just because of her usefulness in tricky spots, but because she is so human. She asks questions about what life was like before and watching her change throughout the story is brilliant. The journey with these 2 characters takes place in a world with some of the best graphics in gaming history with such intricate attention to detail. Everything in the worls is placed there for a reason with notes scattered that you take the time to read because they look human. This helps create one of the best and most immersive atmosphere's in a game. Lets not forget of course about the infected, the whole reason the world is like this at all. The game is mostly balanced between fighting human and infected but you fight humans a little more often so its surprising that most of your deaths will come from the infected. Hearing the sound of the clickers, infected that are blind but have sensitive hearing creates for some very tense gameplay as you try to sneak past. This game is riddled with these tense moments. It is taking some highly polished gameplay and wrapping it in a beautiful immersive world that revolves around Joel and Ellie. Most people that say the game is boring have only played the first couple of hours and if they have finished it they just don't understand what the game is doing. You must play this game alone, with no distractions like chatrooms and play in long sittings and just let the game fill you up. One of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Expand
  46. Jul 21, 2013
    simply amazing, a must play. you must buy this game the story is simply perfect. and naughty dog finishes it off with a quite good multiplayer offering for replay ability
  47. Jul 4, 2013
    I give the story a 10, the graphics a 9, gameplay an 8, and mulitplayer a 6.

Story This is one of the best stories in video games. Starting right from the beginning become invested in Joel's story and when Ellie comes along, their relationship is what drives the story and it's almost flawlessly written. Graphics The graphics are as good as you're going to get on the PS3, especially
    I give the story a 10, the graphics a 9, gameplay an 8, and mulitplayer a 6.

Story

Graphics
    The graphics are as good as you're going to get on the PS3, especially the cut scenes. I could only imagine if they would have waited and released the game on the PS4 and how it would have looked on that. There are a few technical glitches that I saw, but that will happen with almost every game.

Gameplay
    There are some comparisons to Uncharted, however in order to survive, especially on harder difficulties, stealth is key in getting through most of the game. When actually shooting it does feel a lot like Uncharted which is not necessarily a bad thing. One caveat, to this is the fact that Ellie and your other companions you travel with will sometimes walk right in front of enemies without them even noticing. While this breaks some of the immersion, I can see why they did it. They didn't want your success of stealth to be determined by your companions movements which would have made the stealth more frustrating The puzzles in the game and the gathering of supplies to craft items are fairly generic except that when crafting, time continues on so you may have to be quick when crafting something of importance.

Multiplayer
    I have played a little mulitplayer and while it's interesting, it doesn't really appeal to me and it appears to be a fairly large learning curve for it. However, this is not why you buy this game.

This game is on my list for top games of 2013.
    If you own a PS3 and are on the fence about this game, I recommend renting it because the multiplayer is fairly average. If you don't own a PS3, go watch a playthrough on YouTube.
  48. Jun 20, 2013
    The Last of Us is the most emotionally gripping, immersing, engaging, and artfully beautiful video game I have ever played. This is the epitome of what a this medium can achieve given all the right elements. Truly a masterpiece. From the luscious environments, to the most subtle yet enriching interactions, what Naughty Dog achieved is unique and unrivaled. I truly cared about theThe Last of Us is the most emotionally gripping, immersing, engaging, and artfully beautiful video game I have ever played. This is the epitome of what a this medium can achieve given all the right elements. Truly a masterpiece. From the luscious environments, to the most subtle yet enriching interactions, what Naughty Dog achieved is unique and unrivaled. I truly cared about the characters, feeling the continuum of emotions as the story took unexpected twists and turns and as Joel and Ellie's relationship grew and developed. This game has been called "the best of gaming", and rightfully so. In any term, this game stands tall to any movie I've ever watched. Expand
  49. Jun 28, 2013
    This must be one of the best games i have ever played. I bought this game, as i wanted a great story game, and the reviews looked great- so i bought it. I was expecting a great game, and what i got was not a great game, it was perfect.

The game has an amazing story, with very deep characters, and intresting athmosfere. I don't think this game was designed to be a horror game, but it still is pretty creepy at times. Nor was the game designed on the infected, but more on the story, and around the main characters. Thats a good thing, as you will be pulled into the story right after the beginning. Thats not to say the infected are not intresting, not at all. The infected in the game have diffrent abilities, making it extreamly fun encountering many infected at one time.
    For example the normal walkers, will hear and see you (better eyesight than hearing), and the clickers will hear almost anything you do, but they can't see you. Not to mention they will kill you very fast. I have not seen more than these types yet, but i am certain there is bloaters and more infected later on.

Then theres the multiplayer. The multiplayer is awesome. It is not only focused at teamwork, but also very focused at scavenging items around the maps, to create bombs, smoke bombs, and lots of other stuff. Also what is very intresting is how you have to be careful with your shots, as you have a very limited amount of bullets. The only ways to get more shots is to scavenge dead bodies, find toolboxes with ammo, or purchase ammo ingame with money you have from killed enemies, revives etc. You may also purchase some special weapons ingame, or better armor, or upgrade your main weapons ingame. Its all up to you how you spend that money, which makes the online so intresting. Want a better revolver? Go for it, wanna upgrade you hunting rifle? Go ahead. The game's multiplayer also features character customization, and a great class system, where you can equip diffrent abilities, like faster reviving, faster crafting, and more zoom on your handguns.

Well that was my review, i hope you enjoyed it- and that you will enjoy the last of us. Do yourself a favor and buy this game. Sorry if my english is not that great, my main language is not english
  50. Jun 20, 2013
    This is really the first time in months that I have played a game and enjoyed playing it as much as I should.

I don't want to go into detail about gameplay mechanics and other shenanigans because I'm sure you heard about them before and if you haven't, check the next review right here and you are sure to find an insanely long and boring description of what cannot be described properly with words but can only be understood through experience.

Instead I will tell you why this game deserves 10/10 despite the many issues it has, some of them being the fact that majority of the time you will keep dying over and over if you play it on hard and higher and/or suck at the game, or that it can be very mundane and repetitive after a while (coming from a guy who played it for 15 hours straight and finished in one sitting). I guess the easiest way to quickly describe how the game plays is to compare it to a different title. In this case it feels a lot like Tomb Raider with a few differences, such as stealth being a huge part despite having absolutely no silenced weapons the platforming being a little lacking and blatant usage of one hit killing enemies, which I also think is justified.

In any case, yes, the game has a ton of problems, yes, it can be frustrating as hell and slightly boring at times... However, all of these issues, despite sometimes being very major ones, become absolutely meaningless when you take into account all of the brilliance coming from voice acting, character design and the story, which I want to get deeper into without spoilers.

The story... ah, the story. I honestly didn't feel like this game had any story at all, no concrete plot to speak of. It really felt more like... just life. A story is always designed to be something, there is always a plan and no matter how good a writer is, it's impossible to completely conceal the future from the audience because stories are predictable. They aren't real, you can figure out what will happen or assume more or less what the outcome will be. The Last of Us however, absolutely dominated this issue.

It drew me in so deep into its world that for the first time in months if not years, I paid completely no attention to storywriting whatsoever. I wasn't questioning why the writer has made this decision or the other or what may or may not come out of all of the events that took place along the way. All of the time it felt natural. Nothing drove the story forward, it just kept going on its own because... well, what else was it really supposed to do? It felt as real as it gets.

The brilliant voice acting and character creation was incredibly helpful in that respect as well. This is also one of the few times where I felt the crispness of characters. They felt natural. They felt real. It isn't even about the ability to relate to them or them being likable or not. A character doesn't have to be likable to be well designed. I cannot say I specifically liked anybody in The Last of Us. But despite that I got attached to them because their emotion and their story felt so convincing and real. The feelings I had went much deeper then they usually go when I invest myself in video games. Much deeper than they went in The Walking Dead a game which so far was my absolute top and example of how to attach a player to the characters. Here it was different. Here the game has managed to defeat my mind. I no longer reasoned with myself whether or not do something or not or why I am doing it. I did it because I felt I had to. I did it because my heart told me it's how it should be. And afterwards after I logically thought about it I saw how my mind was screaming that nothing about this makes sense and cannot be justified but even then I didn't care and if face with the choice again I would not be able to change my decision.

For this, despite the game deserving a 6.5 out of 10, it gets an entire 10. Not because it was exceptional or perfect in doing something, but because it had a charm. A charm I have found in a number of games lower than the number of fingers in my palms. Because despite my mind saying no, my heart cannot give any less than a 10.
  51. Jun 19, 2013
    After fully beating the game on Hard, I can say that this was one hell of a ride. Some characters you bond with right off the bat, and once there gone, you feel sorrow. The game is extremely depressing at times, but also gives you life.
    The combat is a really nice change up from your average third person games. The hand to hand combat, the gun play, and character movements feel great.
    The voice acting also adds to the experience.
    The whole concept of crafting was a nice addition.

Some things that kind of upset me were the fact the graphics did not look or at least as great as the Uncharted games, then again, the tone of the game was completely different, and it may just be the art direction.
    Another thing that really upset me was the character Joel. You learn to love him, but by the end, I got mixed feelings about him.
    Other things that upset me were points such as only finding bricks and bottles to throw. With such a variety of things around the environment, I got the feel you should have been able to use them. Also while finding plenty of bags across the grounds, we could have had the chance to scavenge more.
    There were plenty of pop in effects, and tears in some parts of the game. In environments to be exact.. Another thing that irritated me was the water physics. Not as good as Uncharted. But since this is my little rant on what I did not like. I really cant take points off from Naughty Dog.
    Naughty Dog did a phenomenal job on this game. And although it seems that this is a standalone game, I feel that there is still much to be seen from Naughty Dog for this game, and hoping we see more installments in the PS4 life.
  52. Jun 17, 2013
    If The Walking Dead and I am Legend had a baby it would be The Last of Us. You can truly appreciate the work done here by Naughty Dog. Their heart and soul was poured into this game and it shows it. The story was written by writer of both Uncharted 1 and 2 and he delivers magic once again. The introduction is arguably in the top 10 and the story continues to impress until its finalIf The Walking Dead and I am Legend had a baby it would be The Last of Us. You can truly appreciate the work done here by Naughty Dog. Their heart and soul was poured into this game and it shows it. The story was written by writer of both Uncharted 1 and 2 and he delivers magic once again. The introduction is arguably in the top 10 and the story continues to impress until its final moments. The characters are well designed and the use of experienced actors help convey the fear the protagonists are going through as they adventure into the most detailed environment seen in a game to date. Stealth and kicking in the front door guns blazing fans rejoice! The player determines how they want to take on the game whether it be whipping out the firearm and taking on the Clickers head on or sneak around the corner and Shiv them to death, the choice.. ultimately yours. The use of physical objects is a great touch, however one could argue that there would be more out there then a single brick, a glass bottle, a baseball bat and a two by four to meddle with in a post apocalyptic world. The scarcity of bullets makes the player count their chickens prior to an engagement, a rather nice touch. The sound is top notch turn up the volume and get ready to jump in fright. The music is perfect. There is not much you can criticize this game is the overall package. If the end of the world was from a zombie attack, The Last of Us is a believable representation of what might happen. Overall this game is highly enjoyable and recommended to anyone. Expand
  53. Jun 20, 2013
    I'm calling out Kracatu. You are wrong about this game in every aspect in your review. You are horrendous at reviews. Please, for the love of all of us, stop reviewing. You're on drugs or something
  54. Sep 20, 2013
    Never in my life have I been so emotionally invested and attached in a game before. The only other game that can get there is Bio-shock Infinite. It never lets you forget that your in this apocalyptic world, people die all around you the game is pretty hard to play, its not forgiving. The story is just amazing I love the characters and actually feel some sympathy for them when somethingNever in my life have I been so emotionally invested and attached in a game before. The only other game that can get there is Bio-shock Infinite. It never lets you forget that your in this apocalyptic world, people die all around you the game is pretty hard to play, its not forgiving. The story is just amazing I love the characters and actually feel some sympathy for them when something goes wrong. The game-play is solid and it adds challenge to each encounter making you never feel at ease. Naughty Dog has proved again that they are one of the best developers. Expand
  55. Jun 20, 2013
    Best playstation 3 exclusive ever and also the best of 2013 so far.
    If you are someone who buys games for great graphics, amazing storyline, brillant character development and a game that keeps you on the edge of your seat than this is a must buy.
  56. Jun 20, 2013
    All i can say is all of the people who are rated this spectacular game can't be wrong right i followed this game since i saw the first trailer and on the day of release i jumped at getting it and recommend you do if you haven't already. I'm not a big fan of the survival genre but the games i have played can't even clean the boots of The Last of Us and now it has become the benchmark forAll i can say is all of the people who are rated this spectacular game can't be wrong right i followed this game since i saw the first trailer and on the day of release i jumped at getting it and recommend you do if you haven't already. I'm not a big fan of the survival genre but the games i have played can't even clean the boots of The Last of Us and now it has become the benchmark for game to beat this year in my opinion. I haven't mentioned anything about the games story as i don't want to give the readers any spoilers. Expand
  57. Jun 18, 2013
    Just a beautyful game for ps3!!! Just a right way to end this gen with a such a masterpiece! Looking forward to seee what naughty dog gonna make to PS4. Cant wait ,hope they make a simiöar last of us with the ps4 machine. Couöd be soo awesome
  58. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is amazing, the voice acting is superb as is the immersion and the connection between you and the characters. The graphics on this game are the best on the playstation 3 so far and the lighting in this game is very good and adds to the atmosphere
    The game feels like a single journey to your destination unlike uncharted 3 and it feels more open with more options to complete your objective. The game feels really open as you have the option to create a certain weapon once you find materials, this game does a good job of branching small pathways to find extra materials.
    This is one of the best games on the playstations and another great game to the name of Naught Dog.
  59. Jun 24, 2013
    The graphics and sounds are okay so with the slow start on the story and gameplay, it was starting to look
    like a 8.0 game. Then you start caring about the characters and there's a couple of great scenes in there
    that that makes the graphics shine. Graphics are good but not a masterpiece in my opinion. Love the wild animal roaming in the university scene. These are the things that makes a game a great place to visit. I would have given this game a 10.0 if it was a true opened world.
  60. Jun 26, 2013
    Wow! what a game. I just played this game for 2 hours And i would say the truth is that, The Last of us is a very good game. Its a must buy game. I would rate it a 10 but i know i cant put it a 10 because everybody puts a 10 on this because is the best game. And if i put a 10, thats pretty much this game is the best in the world. Il gave you some pointers about the last of us. The gameplayWow! what a game. I just played this game for 2 hours And i would say the truth is that, The Last of us is a very good game. Its a must buy game. I would rate it a 10 but i know i cant put it a 10 because everybody puts a 10 on this because is the best game. And if i put a 10, thats pretty much this game is the best in the world. Il gave you some pointers about the last of us. The gameplay is great keeps you very interested. The controllers is easy, reminds me of a game "Uncharted" The characters of the game are great, Great sound and graphic Better than Uncharted Graphics. Naughty Dogs Did A great job again making this game..Anyways it is a must get game for the summer. I know everybody is home for summer vacation, so play The Last Of Us..SO my last saying is, If you like UNCHARTED games, you will LOve this game. Almost a perfect 10 game for me. Expand
  61. Aug 4, 2013
    I suppose you're going to wonder (I hope not rage) after I give this game a 9, well actually I give it a 9.5 as Naughty Dog have outdone themselves with The Last of Us, Keep in mind I still haven't played Bioshock Infinite yet (I know the story) but TLOS represents the best so far of 2013 and the first game that delivers a level of immersion, emotion and gameplay we haven't had for a longI suppose you're going to wonder (I hope not rage) after I give this game a 9, well actually I give it a 9.5 as Naughty Dog have outdone themselves with The Last of Us, Keep in mind I still haven't played Bioshock Infinite yet (I know the story) but TLOS represents the best so far of 2013 and the first game that delivers a level of immersion, emotion and gameplay we haven't had for a long time.

Not to ruin the Story, the Plot involves a breakout of spores from the unfictional fungi "cordyceps" that in this story have mutated to be able to infect humans, cut to 20 years later nature has taken back a lot of the cities and landscapes of America you'll traverse as Joel a man now in his 40's-50's who's lost large parts of his life to this epidemic. Joel's mission is to escort a young teenage girl Ellie across these wastelands in a tale that spans all four seasons (approx. one year duh XD), Unfortunately this also means coming across a lot of desperate people who are willing to do almost anything in means of "survival"...

That's as much as I'm willing to say without spoiling the ever expanding story and deeper sense of urgency, the areas in the game are superbly creepy and upsetting, many times you'll find yourself triggering inappropriate conversations with Ellie that do wonders in immersing you and building up personalities that do invest you deeply in caring how the situation will pan out for these characters.

Looking after Ellie I found myself comparing it to the recent "Walking Dead" Telltale games, who do you find yourself caring more for Clementine or Ellie?, I suppose I decided I cared more for Clementine being a younger, more vulnerable person, however I preferred Ellie as she was all the more well developed (also given the fact she's older and well aware of the situation).

That's an argument for fan boys and I suppose I wanted to throw in my two cents. :-)

The Music by Gustavo Santaolalla is superb and deeply planted into my mind as fresh as any memory I had while playing this game, It always shows up at the right time just to pull you in that little deeper. But getting to the gameplay aspects do you finally realize how deep Naughty Dogs efforts were, Improvisation is absolutely essential to survival, you'll get those all important tools to see you through depending on your level of skill at the game yet you'll always find yourself wanting more regardless how much or how little you have, it goes from part drama part adventure to even survival horror seamlessly and it never becomes overwhelming that you'll find the situation and areas you get put into over the top as say the recent Resident Evil games, Start in Africa, finish in a Volcano my Ass XD.

My final thoughts on this game go to the terrific performances from Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson for captivating us so well throughout this story, Motion Capture is starting to really help blur the lines between Movies and Games, Sooner or later I believe that stories like The Last Of Us, will help define how we will view both mediums in terms of the word "ART" and dare I say "Expression".

Final Verdict: I consider myself an avid gamer, no question I went out and bought a PS3 mostly just to play this game. Naughty Dog, I loved Crash Bandicoot as a kid, Uncharted held me over during the 2000's The Last of Us is your Masterpiece, to anyone yet to experience it's entirety I urge you to as soon as. Sublime Entertainment
  62. Jun 17, 2013
    I have mixed feelings about this game, overall the game is awesome and it is a definite buy (greatest hits most likely).

But... I have some problems.. I felt like I was promised more then what I got. (not content wise, mind you) but mechanic wise, from watching trailer after trailer and game-play video after game-play video (prior to release), I felt like the game was more serious

But... I have some problems..
    I felt like I was promised more then what I got. (not content wise, mind you) but mechanic wise, from watching trailer after trailer and game-play video after game-play video (prior to release), I felt like the game was more serious (towards weapons) then it currently is.

For example, there is a game-play video (from E3 2012) (one of the firsts, and it's obvious they made some changes to the story and the way you get to certain points are different then the video) but it was the game-play that stood out (in the video), bullets were scarce and the fighting seemed extremely realistic (as you point a gun to someone who doesn't have one (they will act all scared and flee or beg for their life), I have not seen this once (even at the same location). Usually the character just fights you even if you have a gun, I felt stupid pointing a gun to someone as they just flailed at me with their fists.

I guess I can't expect a game from Naughty Dog; that never promised anything, and from a video that is over a year old.

The real reason I played the game though (and kept playing through thick-and-thin), is for the story.

What an amazing story.

Bravo Naughty Dog.
  63. Jun 18, 2013
    The low scores surprises me. This game is awesome in both story telling and compelling you to play. It is top notch in presentation and the game mechanics are tuned and tight. Want to try a stealthy approach...go for it. Balls out-guns blazing...give it a shot.

I give a nod to ND as I did love Uncharted 3 but I am rating the game on this game. Not every dev puts out a stunning game.(Blizzard Diablo 3 was a let down for me and I am a Blizzard fan.)

If you own a ps3 you deserve this treat.
  64. Jun 26, 2013
    After finishing this game for the first time all I could think was what a masterpiece, I have never been so involved in a story and its characters in a game before, or even in a movie for that mater. Naughty Dog have managed to intertwine a compelling story and a brilliant game, better than anyone has done in the past.
  65. Jun 19, 2013
    The Last of Us is a must own. With great gameplay, stellar visuals, and phenomenal voice acting, The Last of Us is a masterpiece. The game is a survival game. And, just like a real apocalypse, you care for your partners and kill to survive. Many other survival games nail the "survive" factor but cannot create a human-like attachment between characters. Naughty Dog has nothing to proveThe Last of Us is a must own. With great gameplay, stellar visuals, and phenomenal voice acting, The Last of Us is a masterpiece. The game is a survival game. And, just like a real apocalypse, you care for your partners and kill to survive. Many other survival games nail the "survive" factor but cannot create a human-like attachment between characters. Naughty Dog has nothing to prove and might have just made the best game of the year. Joel and Ellie might be the best duo in years (much better than Mario and Luigi). Truly The Last of Us is the epitome of a great video game. Expand
  66. Jun 19, 2013
    The most outstanding game of this fading generation. Naughty Dog have created something so unique and so beautiful, and yet profound and heart-breaking at the same time. I've been made to truly care about the characters and what happens to them, in a way I didn't think was possible in a video game. This coupled with varied and thoughtful gameplay makes for a wonderful viewing/playingThe most outstanding game of this fading generation. Naughty Dog have created something so unique and so beautiful, and yet profound and heart-breaking at the same time. I've been made to truly care about the characters and what happens to them, in a way I didn't think was possible in a video game. This coupled with varied and thoughtful gameplay makes for a wonderful viewing/playing experience. The gameplay itself consists of stealth, problem-solving, gun-play and scavenging. These all blend together, and mean the gameplay never feels repetitive or boring. I particularly like the way the main two characters interact and work together in certain parts of the game. The wide range of landscapes, and the mix of slower paced, and sometimes hectic gameplay means you won't want to put down your controller. The graphics are truly phenomenal, making excellent use of lighting and shadows, and an insane amount of detail is embedded throughout. The collision of urban and jungle environments makes for a breathtakingly beautiful, yet believable world. In fact, it makes you question whether we need next-gen consoles with graphics like this! The music is sets the tone of the game, and does a wonderful job of injecting the right emotion into the on-screen action, both in cut-scenes and actual gameplay. All these components together create an unforgettable gaming experience. If you're after a non-stop, action packed game such as Uncharted, then perhaps you're looking in the wrong place. But if you're looking for a beautiful, immersive, emotional, character-driven, cinematic game with a compelling storyline, and amazing graphics and gameplay, then you will not be disappointed. The Last of Us is without a doubt the best game I've ever played, and after you have experienced it, I'm sure you will feel the same way! Expand
  67. Jun 20, 2013
    I really can't put a "score" on this game, but seriously get this game, It's totally worth it. For people that doesn't like "zombie games", this is not one of these, this games is more focused on the story and how you choose to play it.
  68. Jun 20, 2013
    i just got the last of us few days ago. trust me. it is amazing! the stories completely immerses you feeling like what it would be like when you are actually in a post apocalypse never let down i would be willing to play this game again unlike bioshock infinite i felt like i was talking to real people.

gameplay wise it really made me jump whenever i would go into a room with a clicker i would get scared to death trying not to get caught and looting a whole room making sure i have all bullets which is a key element to a post apocalyptic game i hardly used my gun only for runners trying to kill me. the graphics are amazing whenever i go take a walk in a shop i would notice all the detail and how naughty dog took so much effort into making this. if you are not a gamer or not a one who enjoys survival horror this is not the game for you i seen critics giving the game a 8/10 which is completely stupid.

the story is so good having a team and ending up with just a partner pulls you into the sorrow and devastation into what happened to these people or what will. crafting is really important element in this game, i never used building both healing kit and shivs to stealth kill a clicker. i truly love this game having guilt whenever i would pass a conversation or a cut scene with joel and ellie. these characters have such a way of bonding it us unlike any other game i have experienced. ever. ellie was bought into this cruel world where joel has not having different view points about the world around them. very sad which is really good. this game is better than uncharted. im serious i hate playing this game because whenever i do i have less time to get to the end. i wish i could just wipe out my memory and play it again. i think ellie is my favorite game partner ever. despite ellie being invisible why would you want to get caught if she was visible. i would just be walking and she would start whistling or swear at something. throw a brick at an enemy A.I. and i would kill them instantly. i did not use most of my weapons in my storage i mostly used the shotgun for clickers whenever i did not have a shiv to stab a clicker in the neck. this game is so amazing i wonder what time it took naught dog to make it because i just loved playing the game and i hope there is some story DLC coming because i just love watching the bond between joel and ellie and how they change whenever they work together. if you have not played the game i am going to say a spoiler. joel and ellie find two survivors called henry and sam. as you progress you go to their hide out at their last cut scene. sam is very upset and asks ellie about her fears when they finish and ellie goes to bed sam shows a bite on his leg. the following day ellie wakes up to get sam for breakfast and is attacked. henry shoots sam and tells joel it his fault. while joel tries to take the gun henry commits suicide and shoots himself in the head. that is a 10/10 game showing how cruel the world they live in is and how people go insane and dont know how to react. i just love playing the game no joke it is the best game i have ever played. ever. some people might not understand but you have to understand the game genre and how people react to these types of situations that is due to low scores. this is how you leave a mark on a console the playstation 3 with the upcoming playstation 4 this game is a mark of great games a masterpiece.

i have to talk about ellie she is the best characters i have encountered in a game and how she is just used to killing infected people is just amazing i remember playing sleeping dogs and a 20 year old guy shot a man in the head and got depressed about it. some characters cant live with themselves when they kill. but thats it ellie kills for her partner joel and helps him showing their bond of not having any guilt whatsoever and just doing it for a helping hand and not reconsidering and going into devastation like other characters. ''it was either him or me'' thats what joel told ellie when joel was nearly gonna die from a murderer. knowing to keep an eye out for each other and not caring. thats why ellie is such a good character knowing their a team and always will be a team. basically ellie is the main character even on the main hardcover on the game

the characters are what make this game so believable and real and so in depth that you can actually feel the emotion of a character and what there going through and being so interested in what there doing so simple as enjoying a view makes it a masterpiece

the textures on the characters look like actual people. i started wishing that joel and ellie where real people because i have never seen such personality and bond is so refreshing and enjoyable. the years and effort put into this game pays off as one of the best video games ever made.

time to wrap this up. this game is amazing truly a wonderful experience i will never forget i know that this game will be the game of the year masterpiece
  69. Jun 20, 2013
    From start to the ned it is quality, thank you for this masterpiece ND. Game of the year Hell no! Its the Game Of The Generation and I know that they will won the title.
  70. Jun 20, 2013
    I beat The last of Us a while ago. It was the most amazing story in a video game I've ever seen. The game itself is amazing, and It's easily among the top 5 best games I've EVER played, and I've been playing games since 2001! It's got fantastic mechanics, a "feels" filled story, and the gameplay is fantastic.
    I spent 12.5 hours playing it in my first boot up. Second time I spent 2-3 hours and beat it!
    I only have 3 issues: 1.) recycled goons 2.) glitches/bugs and 3.) Multiplayer costs an extra 9.99!
    All in all, I'd give The Last of Us a 9.7/10~
    I am still deciding whether or not to buy the online pass...
  71. Jun 20, 2013
    Not only is the story top notch, but so are the actors portraying everyone. You can also find a stellar multiplayer worked into this deluxe package which will surely win game of the year. While it's certainly not perfect with AI, it's not enough to hault this massive train of a game. Easily the best game I've played all year.
  72. Jun 20, 2013
    Hands down one of the best games I have ever played. One of the finest bits of storytelling I have come across in any medium. I will spare you the long review and simply urge you to play this wonderful game.
  73. Jun 21, 2013
    naughty dog is very good company this game is beautiful graphic and sound is very good and gameplay amazing like sony for game and naughty dog is very best game in year2013
  74. Jun 21, 2013
    Is the world worth saving? Or will we become a mirror of despair, absent of hope, trapped in hell, sucked into the wake. You have to understand the impact of what exactly this game is trying to do, Its not a zombie story (despite popular belief) because in fact the virus cordyceps doesn't kill its victims. Instead it grows around the brain, and in time completely alters the victims faceIs the world worth saving? Or will we become a mirror of despair, absent of hope, trapped in hell, sucked into the wake. You have to understand the impact of what exactly this game is trying to do, Its not a zombie story (despite popular belief) because in fact the virus cordyceps doesn't kill its victims. Instead it grows around the brain, and in time completely alters the victims face and movement. These infected are alive. Its disturbing to think about, unsettling at times. But why is this so important? Why is this game getting so much phrase?

Take a look at naughty dog for a second, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, these guys just don't make mature games. So how did they pull off making one of the most mature games in history? Because for every action you take in The Last of Us you remember that your characters Joel and Ellie aren't your typical protagonists. They kill, they steal, they run, they hide, and despite what we think is so horrifying, they are used to this desolated world around them, in short, they aren't normal, they are a new brand of human. An evolution of what we will become if we allow our self's to fall to darkness. The moment you have down time Joel and Ellie instantly talk casually about life and what the world used to be like. This is not a game about killing and blood, and terror. Its about sacrifice, hope, destiny. This is not a typical survival horror game, this is a compelling third person journey that once you get sucked in, you wont want the experience to come to an end.

Well Mike that's all great but I want to play a game not watch a movie. That is the stroke of genius here, apart form being one of the best written games Ive played this generation, and one pulls some of the best performances, the games gameplay is some of the best to date. Its brutal, unforgiving, impact full, the ending will say with you for days, you'll want to play a second or third time. You'll want more, you'll want to know why naughty dog waited so long to show off there true talent. This game is a marvel, but I didn't always thing that, I wasn't convinced until I had the controller in hand, And I suggest you do the same.

I will warn though, this game isn't for the faintest of hearts. Its violence is the most disturbing aspect, and here its done exceptionally well because it truly has meaning. The 15 to 18 hour game will teach you a lot about life if you allow it, don't limit yourself, if you are a true gamer, who likes compelling experiences stop reading the this and buy the game.

Graphics, believe it or not uncharted 2 (at one time a fantastic looking game) is now wildly outdated, thanks mostly to this games superb art style. You'll want to reach out and touch your tv at times, each interior tells an interesting story, at times the game is at its best when you can just stop and explore the world around you.

Sound, some uncharted call backs with weapon draws, but ultimately the sounds have just further add to the suspense. Clickers and infected in general are horrify. The entire cast is phenomenal, and the soundtrack is unbelievable.

Story, I can say without hesitation that the real root of the story and its end will require some real thought, the game doesn't go into full detail at times, most of the story is told with strong symbolism.. so naturally many will hate it. I look for mature adult experiences, immature teens, kids, and adults for that matter will be left clueless. This game requires brains, I know, crazy right?

Gameplay, 10. Weapons range from bricks to nail bombs, from revolvers to shotguns and all between. Which ever you chose to us, you will immediately feel the impact of each hit, each cry of pain and each blood spray. Its a small selection that never seems limited considering how each encounter feels dramatically different. You never quite know what will be around the next corner, you are constantly on edge and never unprepared, that is if you search each nook and cranny for various supply's, and you'll want too. This precision and attention to detail are unmatched. This flaws are easy to overlook, considering it is so much better than what has been passing as a new $60 release in recent years.

Its flaws, I hate the idea of giving a game a 10. No game is perfect. The last of us suffers from A.I. problems here and there, and at launch I was hit will and autosave bug which made me lose my first two hours of progress. This bug has been fixed, but whats important to note, even after all that, the game was so beyond what I had imagined, it didn't even bother me. I hope every developer takes something away from this game. This is the true future of games, I have no doubt in my mind.

If you liked these games, you'll love The Last of Us.

Alan Wake 9/10
    Uncharted (whole series) 8/10
    Tomb Raider (New) 7/10
    Red Dead Redemption 9/10
  75. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A good game for certain, a very good one in fact. But it is not the earth shattering 7th generation masterpiece it has been hailed. There are three flaws to the game, two (which I will start with) are minor: The depth in the game is pretty bad in my opinion, 7 guns is pretty stingy, especially considering you get one in the last mission. And if you want to nitpick you can reduce the usable number to 5, the revolver and hand shotgun are useless when compared to El Diablo and the magazine based pistol. The reason this is not a massive issue is due to the very short length of the game (which ties into the depth complaint). I clocked in at 11 hours, and that is with struggling mightily on two sections. I suppose you can argue that they didn't want the gameplay to get get stale, but if you give the fighting more variety (get a bowie knife sometime? what about getting to keep that sniper rifle used in the suburbs mission? The hunting rifle hardly fills the sniper category.) Then you can expand some on their journey across the Midwest, you could have a cool Midwest level in St. Louis or Chicago. The last complaint regarding the depth is the lack of variety of enemies, you only have 3 types of zombies, that is just a poor showing. You could add a zombie type that crawls on the ceilings, and when you are in dark areas they could pounce on you, that would both add a lot more tensions and increase the variety. There are many other things you could have done with the enemies that Naughty Dog neglected to do. My second complaint is the fights. They are formulaic, predictable, and rather uninspired at times. When this game was announced I dreamed of a mission where you have to fight your way through abandoned areas fighting BOTH infected and enemies at the same time, something unheard of in gaming. Instead you only fight one or the other, which is not nearly as exciting. Imagine the chaos in a fight where you are popping shots at bandits and then a group of clickers into the fray, this makes it difficult to continue the gunfight while dealing the powerful, but blind clickers. Little things like that would've prevented the gameplay from dragging the game down. The third complaint has spoilers so don't read and further if you don't want to know the ending. My third complaint is Joel's decision to save Ellie. What the was that? I realize that it was supposed to show how attached he was to Ellie but Naughty Dog does nothing to morally justify his decision to annihilate the FireFlies and then proceed to lie to her about how things went down. All he does in retort to Marlene's explanation about why it is important to kill her is "That's all but does nothing to extrapolate. Why? Because Marlene is probably right, ultimately killing Ellie is the better thing to do, ESPECIALLY since Ellie is so selfless, which is why Joel lies to her, because he knows that should would be infuriated with him if he had told her the truth. Thus, in my mind, their relationship post game is based on a lie and is artificial. This is the only major complaint because this game was always based on the story, which is why I am not too upset with them forsaking the gameplay some. The game really is very good, the story does a fantastic job building the relationship, making sure that none of the emotions felt between Ellie and Joel is forced. Which is ultimately why the game is still a 9, because the main component of the game, the story, is fantastic until the last 15 minutes. Expand
  76. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is amazing, I have only ever played a game with this much depth in story wise since the Metal Gear Solid Franchise. Everything from the story to the interaction with characters is top-notch. This game is 10/10 for me as I feel that this game has had a huge impact at me. Since working in a game shop i get bored with games easy, I rarely buy games but this is just wow, I do notThis game is amazing, I have only ever played a game with this much depth in story wise since the Metal Gear Solid Franchise. Everything from the story to the interaction with characters is top-notch. This game is 10/10 for me as I feel that this game has had a huge impact at me. Since working in a game shop i get bored with games easy, I rarely buy games but this is just wow, I do not regret buying this game at all. Pure fun all the time with this. Suspense at the right time, laughter at the right time and sadness at the right time. Naughty Dog has done exceptional work this time. If you need an awesome game please buy this one!
    I will recommend this to anyone!
  77. Jul 2, 2013
    The post-apocalyptic world of The Last of Us, where an infection caused by mutated mushroom turns people in raging beast with rabies, and later after years of infection, into joyfully clicking, blind clickers, who navigate with echo-sounding. After twenty years of infection, the protagonist Joel, your friendly neighborhood smuggler, gets an unusual task, which takes him throughThe post-apocalyptic world of The Last of Us, where an infection caused by mutated mushroom turns people in raging beast with rabies, and later after years of infection, into joyfully clicking, blind clickers, who navigate with echo-sounding. After twenty years of infection, the protagonist Joel, your friendly neighborhood smuggler, gets an unusual task, which takes him through post-apocalyptic America, through areas, which are controlled by either the infected or the hostile gangs. This game is PS3 Exclusive and, my god, it is awesome. With up-to-date graphics and mechanics mixed with original story and the feeling of that survival instinct, this game really feels like a true story of survival and struggle. The game has also great upgrade system, crafting and journal using Joels backpack. The character development is also excellent, seeing Joel turn from a lowly smuggler into a tough guy and sadistic torturer. The games combat and exploration mechanics, as mentioned, are fantastic. From trying to reach a certain place to eliminating rooms full of enemies silently. The game also has a lot of different weapons from machetes and bows to sawed-off shotguns and flamethrowers. Weapons can be upgraded at a workbench with scrap metal that you can find by exploring. Even though the game has variety of weapons, the ammunition is limited, you must shoot with precision and make almost every shot count. You also can craft first-aid kits, nailbombs, molotov sugar-explosives that work as smokescreen and of course: homemade prison shanks for opening treasure rooms and taking out enemies more quickly and silently than choking them to death. The weaponry, sneaking, mechanics, story and realistic AI make this game a blockbuster. Expand
  78. Jun 27, 2013
    Okay, so here is my honest, fair review of The Last Of Us, no biased opinion.
    When I first started to hear the hype about this game, it excited me, I was eager to embark on this survival/horror genre, as a change from the games I would usually review.
    Okay, so here is my honest, fair review of The Last Of Us, no biased opinion.
    When I finally set up the game, and experienced the first mission, that first mission stunned me. Considering the PS3's now out of date hardware, the visuals were impecible, truly a piece of art from naughty dog from many of the console games I have experienced.
    The physics of 'Sarah' (Joel's daughter) albeit fairly clumsy at times, werevery realistic, the sway and the way she would react to certain actions I found quite astonishing. Playing further across the game, I did start to notice a few hiccups here and there. For one, the strangling animation from Joel, there is only one of these animations, you will pick up on it, and it does become old fairly quick. Not to say the combat is repetitive, I actually find the bloodthirst and the interactive environments quite amusing, but it's just the little things like a mix up of animations I would like to see more of. Getting into the enemies of this game, they can also be very annoying, for the simple fact that this game makes you want to use bullets as it shows off the game to be another shoot' em up, but you are actually very lacking in bullets and equipment which you must find.
    Aside from these few annoyances, I must say that this is still a very spectacular experience, and the story alone is the thing that will make you want to play to the end, it will leave you speechless, with some satisfying multiplayer for replayability.
    I give this game 9/10, for the fact that its nearly perfect, but not quite a 10 yet.

- PublicStatement.
  79. Jun 28, 2013
    OMG! Best game ever!! technically I havent "played' it.. i was a scardy cat. BUT i watched my husband play as if we were watching a movie together.. couldnt miss a second of it. I had to pee the game went on pause.(hey i helped though I observed and assisted in spotting infected, ruffians and goods) No complaints in this house for playing 6-7 hours straight every day. we couldnt turn theOMG! Best game ever!! technically I havent "played' it.. i was a scardy cat. BUT i watched my husband play as if we were watching a movie together.. couldnt miss a second of it. I had to pee the game went on pause.(hey i helped though I observed and assisted in spotting infected, ruffians and goods) No complaints in this house for playing 6-7 hours straight every day. we couldnt turn the ps3 off..The fact that its like playing a movie and the story line..WOW. ready to start it right over and do it all again. mesmerizing, enthralling, riveting, outstanding. Bring on part 2 of the game and an actual movie (i vote jeffry dean morgan as joel.. whos with me?). You go Naughty Dog! Expand
  80. Jul 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think that this game was pretty good, the end was a little weird to me, i think personally, they should've ended in the car or something, but it seemed almost useless to make us play as Ellie in the end. I mean it seems like such an odd cut off.

Other then that, the game was really well made, the controls were really good and i feel like the game was pretty well thought through and i never really knew what happened next. I'm also glad it wasn't one of those full zombie post apocalyptic games. Like it was nice to have some of that kinds of element but I'm glad there were normal people too other then just your characters.
  81. Jul 2, 2013
    The Last Of Us is without a doubt in my mind a great game. Like Bioshock Infinite, you are really just escorting a girl from one place to another. However in Bioshock Infinte you end up caring a lot about Elizabeth (the girl you escort). However Bioshock's gameplay was just a bit above average in my opinion. The Last Of Us's gameplay is good. If you have played any of the Uncharted gamesThe Last Of Us is without a doubt in my mind a great game. Like Bioshock Infinite, you are really just escorting a girl from one place to another. However in Bioshock Infinte you end up caring a lot about Elizabeth (the girl you escort). However Bioshock's gameplay was just a bit above average in my opinion. The Last Of Us's gameplay is good. If you have played any of the Uncharted games then you should be a bit familiar with the gameplay here. The story here is great and you end up caring for the girl, Ellie. The voice acting here is great, Troy Baker kills it as Joel. The graphics are gorgeous for a ps3 game. Overall I think it's a great game and one that should definitely be considered for GOTY. Expand
  82. Jul 3, 2013
    This has stolen by far the position of best game of the year.
    It is probably ranked in my top 10 video games of all times...
    Playing this game I felt like at times I was sharing the universe of the walking dead, mad max, I am legend.. cinematically beautiful the game play is amazing and the amount of choices you have when encountering enemies is great!! This game kept me glued to my
    This has stolen by far the position of best game of the year.
    It is probably ranked in my top 10 video games of all times...
    This game kept me glued to my console for now more than 30 hours. and I find replaying in harder difficulties making every situation unique.
    I would recommend this to all my friends.
  83. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us is a beautiful, brutal and full out mesmerizing game that Naughty Dog truly pushed to high speed to make it the best PS3 exclusive and one of the best game of all time. I've got to admit, i really kinda left Survival Horrors after Resident Evil 5 and went more on to Sports, Action/Adventure and Shooter but The Last of Us massively restored my faith in Survival Horrors as the scarcity of ammo and skill to sneak past the enemy (or kill, known or unknown) makes it a very realistic and tension filled game. Possibly the best thing about The Last of Us is that you get emotionally attached to the characters. I love it how most of the story line is unpredictable and the way the characters get closer together to understanding each other better. I would definitely recommended this to Pros and Amateurs (or in between) of Survival Horrors as The Last of Us is very hard to be disappointed at. Expand
  84. Jul 3, 2013
    This is my favorite ps3 game I have ever played. The story is very emotional and unpredictable. It made me feel for the characters.The AI of the enemy's are very intelligent flanking you and guessing your movements.Its very tense and you have to manage your supplies carefully to live.The multiplayer is very engaging and can has a lot of innovation.I would recommend the Last Of Us to anyone.
  85. Jul 3, 2013
    Beautiful game!

My full review: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/314666/scitech/reviews/game-review-the-last-of-us-is-beautifully-heartbreaking
  86. Jul 4, 2013
    Giving an authentic feel to the characters, it draws you in so tightly and you just hope for it not to end. The combination of unmatched voice acting and the incredible use of mo-cap makes this one of the most engaging games I've ever played. It's not about the fall of civilization that makes this game amazing, it's the characters whom are being forced to survive in the hell it hadGiving an authentic feel to the characters, it draws you in so tightly and you just hope for it not to end. The combination of unmatched voice acting and the incredible use of mo-cap makes this one of the most engaging games I've ever played. It's not about the fall of civilization that makes this game amazing, it's the characters whom are being forced to survive in the hell it had wrought. This is a game that will not be forgotten. Expand
  87. Jul 4, 2013
    The Last of Us is truly a masterpiece. I was amazed at not only how beautiful the world Naughty Dog had created looks, but the whole presentation of the game itself. The game begins with a very cinematic opening almost movie like and continues to get better and better as you progress through the game. You really start to feel for theses characters as the go through many difficulties inThe Last of Us is truly a masterpiece. I was amazed at not only how beautiful the world Naughty Dog had created looks, but the whole presentation of the game itself. The game begins with a very cinematic opening almost movie like and continues to get better and better as you progress through the game. You really start to feel for theses characters as the go through many difficulties in their journey and learn to get along. Overall The Last of Us was every thing and more that i wanted it to be. As for any flaws with the game i only found that occasionally the ai would be visable to enemy's but due to them being ai the game doesn't penalize you so i don't feel it is something game breaking. Expand
  88. Jul 5, 2013
    Undeniably the most dark and violent game I have ever played. However, looking past this violence and its macabre atmosphere, it's hard to call this a "game" at all. It's a masterpiece, a work of art, Naughty Dog's magnum opus, and it lives up to all of the hype it's garnered. The story and graphics overshadow the games from the previous months of this year. It's gameplay and combatUndeniably the most dark and violent game I have ever played. However, looking past this violence and its macabre atmosphere, it's hard to call this a "game" at all. It's a masterpiece, a work of art, Naughty Dog's magnum opus, and it lives up to all of the hype it's garnered. The story and graphics overshadow the games from the previous months of this year. It's gameplay and combat feel gritty and real, with blood spattering with each impact of blunt force or bullet. The connection between Joel, the games protagonist, and Ellie, the deuteragonist, are the pith of the game's story. Their appearances and dispositions contrast sharply in the beginning but they begin to bond with the months and the few serene moments they spend together.

The multiplayer is unique and hard to get into at first, but after a couple of hours I've been playing it constantly. Hardcore fans of first-person shooters probably won't enjoy it, but I suggest that anybody play the campaign, as it is an experience of this generation. Unless you're an emotional person, as some scenes will leave you with tears.
  89. Jul 5, 2013
    This game does some things that no other game has quite perfected. The uncanny valley doesn't exist here. Best animation and voice acting I've seen in a game. The main story is well thought out, and it lays it all out there. There are several threads to delve into by picking up artifacts from other survivors, or worse, the dead. But you learn more about the world and you will appreciateThis game does some things that no other game has quite perfected. The uncanny valley doesn't exist here. Best animation and voice acting I've seen in a game. The main story is well thought out, and it lays it all out there. There are several threads to delve into by picking up artifacts from other survivors, or worse, the dead. But you learn more about the world and you will appreciate the extra time you put in.

This game conveys emotion better than most. It sets a great pace, and it rewards you with understanding the more you invest in it.

There are a couple graphical bugs, and sometimes your NPCs can get in your way. But overall, they detract very little from the experience. The Last of Us produces an intense story and atmosphere that will keep you from wanting to put it down. This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
  90. Jul 10, 2013
    A masterpiece....Is the only description that comes to mind for this game from its incredible story, action characters and set pieces every thing blends beautifully into an experience that every gamer has to experience. Be warned though this game involves intense violent scenes. 10/10
  91. Jul 13, 2013
    This game is Amazing and by far the best game i have ever played this game is a must play i would even go to the extent of buying a PS3 just to play this game. The characters in this game are unbelievable well write and acted you can see the amount of time and dedication that Naughty dog used in creating these characters. Joel is a best way to describe it a survivor at the beginning of theThis game is Amazing and by far the best game i have ever played this game is a must play i would even go to the extent of buying a PS3 just to play this game. The characters in this game are unbelievable well write and acted you can see the amount of time and dedication that Naughty dog used in creating these characters. Joel is a best way to describe it a survivor at the beginning of the game Joel is not a good guy but he is also not a bad guy he just does what he has to do to survive in this world of his however Joel seems to be more of a good guy throughout the game however we learn that he has done bad things in the past when Ellie asks Joel when they are fighting some bandits if he has ever been in a situation like this before or something along them lines i can't remember but Joel answers he has been on both sides. Then you got Ellie who was born after the out break who is also an amazing character who you as Joel feel the need to look out for but she is not dependent on Joel and shows how she can quite easily handle herself in combat.

The game also looks amazing with graphics which i would be happy with on next gen consoles with amazing detail and instead of the classic abandoned decaying cities in zombie survival games we see a city that is very slowly being taken back by nature.

So that is why i give a game a ten and if you buy this game you will not regret it seriously if you have a PS3 then get this game.
  92. Jul 18, 2013
    Sorry, but I have to again, write something very quickly here. Topic: stealth.
    No, stealth is not useless if you can't avoid every enemy. The WHOLE GAME would be useless if you could sneak through every enemy. Why bothering playing if you just dodge everywhere and walk around like it's your house? Take a stroll instead in the real world and DONT BUY A GAME.
    Stealth is for the atmosphere
    Sorry, but I have to again, write something very quickly here. Topic: stealth.
    Stealth is for the atmosphere purpose only! It is intense when you hide from an enemy and he does not see you and you see that he is coming closer and you need to act quick and don't know what to use...knife? Bat? Your hands? You heartbeat is rising, etc.
    Dont you ge that, Acedualblade?

You got to be kidding me...I wrote like novel here and just wanted to add something with another post and now the original one is gone?
    **** this!
  93. Sep 23, 2014
    EN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, beEN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, be prepared for a new kind of game.

PT-BR: Poucos jogos na história ganharam tanta hype quanto The Last of Us, e menos ainda fizeram por merece-la. The Last of Us está entre esses. Ele é uma impecável expressão de arte e emoção através de um game violento entre as finas linhas de beleza e horror, inocência e brutalidade. Se essa história potente não teve nenhum impacto em você, eu não te entende. Se você ainda não jogou, esteja preparado pra uma nova espécie de jogo.
  94. Jul 21, 2013
    is alright, the chaacter's look strage and i dont like the infecton, is just to unrealstic the menu screen is great but overal that was the best part of the experince

al togethre really disapointingn and not worth time

95. Sep 29, 2013
    Game of the year and of this generation.... Is you have a PS3 you have to get this game, if not, you need to get a PS3 to play it... :P

The storey is great, the introduction, some events, the end.
    The two main characters are great!!
  96. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. Like a good arthouse movie. But beware the game is pretty hard even on easy level. I was so tired to pass it. And I've finished Resident Evil 1 twice.
  97. Aug 7, 2013
    Technically and mechanically the best game I have ever played and will go down as one of my favorites. Naughty Dog once again create s a visually striking game that takes familiar concepts and perfects them to create another great AAA title. Everything you do throughout the game carries weight and further immerses you into the atmosphere and story like no other game has ever done.
  98. Aug 7, 2013
    Can I just briefly point out to all those unaware, this is NOT a zombie game The Last of Us exceeded all of my expectations, high as they were, and I can only find an incredibly small amount of problems. For starters, any of the characters other than the one you are playing (Joel) can make as much noise as they would like and stand in the open and not attract attention from enemies, butCan I just briefly point out to all those unaware, this is NOT a zombie game The Last of Us exceeded all of my expectations, high as they were, and I can only find an incredibly small amount of problems. For starters, any of the characters other than the one you are playing (Joel) can make as much noise as they would like and stand in the open and not attract attention from enemies, but when Joel sneezes it brings on a herd of infected/survivors. Other small things, like being allowed to pass through a door in the middle of a fight and not be followed, as if the enemy forgot you were there the moment you left the scene, or lack of any true brain-teasing puzzles kind of takes you out of the deep immersion you would be in at any other time. Other than that, I have to say the ambiance, combined with the stunning voice acting and truly amazing graphics of the game took my breath away. I hope Naughty Dog gave themselves a good pat on the back, because this game is most definitely in my top 3 favorites of all time. Expand
  99. Aug 14, 2013
    I'll start off by saying that The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The characters have realistic and fantastic personalities and relationships. The atmosphere is gritty and always lacking hope which helps to even further immerse yourself in the game and it's fantastic story. With most story driven games, the gameplay seems to lack. However, that's not the case here.I'll start off by saying that The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The characters have realistic and fantastic personalities and relationships. The atmosphere is gritty and always lacking hope which helps to even further immerse yourself in the game and it's fantastic story. With most story driven games, the gameplay seems to lack. However, that's not the case here. Supplies are scarce, as they should be, and getting past a room with infected/hunters takes skill and planning. There is almost no music, despite the beautiful soundtrack, and this makes the gameplay even more suspenseful and exciting. Even the multiplayer manages to be unique and exciting! This is a must play for anyone who appreciates story, atmosphere and stealth. Expand
  100. Aug 17, 2013
    10 out of 10.
    Masterpiece.

Sure there can be some AI-problems here and there, but it's nothing that pulls away from the outstanding story-telling, amazing visuals and the over-all mind-boggling experience. It's simply a must-own addition to anyone with a PS3 lying around.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]