• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Nov 30, 2013
    what can I say about this game???It was awesome the story was great and engaging the cutsces were beautifull and the voice acting the best in every game I ve played so far.Now the most important the gameplay was great overall the things I dint like were sometimes the AI and the button mashing that gets boring preety fast another thing i wasnt very into were the repetitive riddles.overallwhat can I say about this game???It was awesome the story was great and engaging the cutsces were beautifull and the voice acting the best in every game I ve played so far.Now the most important the gameplay was great overall the things I dint like were sometimes the AI and the button mashing that gets boring preety fast another thing i wasnt very into were the repetitive riddles.overall the last of us is for me the best game in 2013 and deserves the reviews it has been getting Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    The last of us, oq eu posso falar sobre esse jogo...
    GOTY, simplesmente um dos melhores jogos que ja joguei na vida, resolvi deixar de lado fazer a analise das partes técnicas do jogo pq pensei "Sera que isso nescessario?"
    The last of us, oq eu posso falar sobre esse jogo...
    A ambientação do jogo M-A-G-N-I-F-I-C-A, eu ja joguei muitos jogos pra pc no VERY HIGH e obviamente as qualidades de texturas são bem melhores e etc, mas o feeling que a ambientação desse jogo passa indescritivel, todo aquele ambiente de caos, todas as evidencias de vidas que ja passaram por ali, aquele cenário tão bonito que faz vc pensar "Como em um mundo tão bonito pode haver tanto caos"
    A modelagem dos personagens muito boa tb, a inteligencia dos inimigos muito boa, ja a dos companheiros bem bugada embora seja proposital, mas no geral aspéctos técnicos como eu disse, não importam nesse jogo, a história que esse jogo tem pra contar oq faz eu entregar o GOTY a ele, a história de um homem totalmente levado pela dor de perder uma filha a mudar tanto o seu cárater e a história de uma garota que nasceu nesse mundo e acha tudo aquilo normal, o relacionamento que construido entre esses 2 magnifico, e tudo ocorre de maneira tão natural que me deixa de boca aberta, a personalidade dos personagens MUUITO REAL, eles tem VIDA, eles fazem ESCOLHAS, e muitas vezes essas escolhas podem ser vistas por outros como escolhas cruéis ou erradas, mas eles são humanos, eles fazem pq seus corações pedem pra eles fazerem.
    O jogo emociona muito, vc REALMENTE se importa muito com aquele personagem, e vc quer o bem dele, e essa imersão toda que o jogo traz na história e GAMEPLAY oq definitivamente faz ele ser merecedor de Game Of The Year 2013
    TLoU mais que um jogo, um verdadeiro aprofundamento do que significa o termo SER HUMANO.
  3. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is perfect. I love how it's not your average zombie game it's a lot more genius with the fungal infection. The story had me hooked since the opening, this is a game where you grow attached to the characters in a heart beat. The graphics are Amazing and the game design for every were beautifully made. This game makes you under stand how it feels to struggle with surviving. TheThis game is perfect. I love how it's not your average zombie game it's a lot more genius with the fungal infection. The story had me hooked since the opening, this is a game where you grow attached to the characters in a heart beat. The graphics are Amazing and the game design for every were beautifully made. This game makes you under stand how it feels to struggle with surviving. The controls are smooth and the only glitch I found was when Ellie turned invisible after the truck crashed and you only see her floating backpack that was funny to see. The fun part for me was the Easter eggs. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    Definite quality, in-the-moment, challenging gameplay and an amazing story, The Last of Us offers something that is extremely powerful and immersive, in terms of experience of the player. Horrifying, heart-touching and deep at the same time, you know that the game is good if they deliver all these three qualities right out at the beginning. Aside from the rather questionable ending thatDefinite quality, in-the-moment, challenging gameplay and an amazing story, The Last of Us offers something that is extremely powerful and immersive, in terms of experience of the player. Horrifying, heart-touching and deep at the same time, you know that the game is good if they deliver all these three qualities right out at the beginning. Aside from the rather questionable ending that ultimately alludes a sequel (the ending could have rather been more expanding), the game would've definitely deserved 10 out of 10. Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    I had a xbox 360,and had no intention of buying a ps3(But i had great interest in Gow 3 and uncharted series).But unfortunately this game conjured me into buying a ps3.And you know what? it's worth it.
  6. Nov 21, 2013
    At first I wasn't sure to buy a brand new copy of this game. I thought I should wait a little more until I could buy it cheaper or lend it from a friend. I don't know why I risked it instead. I swear every cent of this game is worth. The music made by Gustavo Santaolalla has trapped me. The graphics (obviously a better version of the uncharted Engine) are stunning and very detailed. TheAt first I wasn't sure to buy a brand new copy of this game. I thought I should wait a little more until I could buy it cheaper or lend it from a friend. I don't know why I risked it instead. I swear every cent of this game is worth. The music made by Gustavo Santaolalla has trapped me. The graphics (obviously a better version of the uncharted Engine) are stunning and very detailed. The history is deep and it feels like being part of the post-apocalyptic world. There are moments were I felt sorry for some characters and moments were I had fear. It remembered me once more why since my childhood always dreamed to be a game-programmer. Games ARE Art! And this one is a Masterpiece. Hint: There is a lovely making of the last of us documentary. (dlc, psn) Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    The Last of Us story from the start to the end glued me to my ps3 with tears in depth sorrow and wondering what happens next!! just 1 line for this new comer from naughty dogs:

"at the dawn of the current gen. a masterpiece reign supreme against all"
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    Naughty Dog has created one of the greatest game this generation. It's not for everyone because of it's violence but story is one of the best and gameplay fun and smooth. Aiming is great unlike what some people say... Definitely a must-buy if you have a ps3. The multiplayer also is great but has a little problems and it should've included infected. But other than that a GREAT game.
  9. Nov 27, 2013
    What an outstanding game, the story is so gripping I couldn't put the game down!. When I did put the game down I couldn't wait to get back on to play it! Its the only game that I've played and finished within 2 weeks and I have limited play time! Truly outstanding graphics, nice gameplay mechanics and simply the best story I've played this year!

Note: I did not play the Online game
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    Some body say's before and I totally agree, "its masterpiece, that breaks the self imposed barriers of gaming narrative and ensnares the player with intelligent gameplay and brilliant A.I.".
  11. Dec 20, 2013
    Typical naughty dog, which to some means more a movie than a game. Those people are stupid, they balance it just right. You can actually play this game. It has a story, when it's this engaging so what? people do reviews these days like that's a bad thing. But if i want to watch a movie they say. Well go watch a movie then. We will all play this and remember it, unlike the dumb games whereTypical naughty dog, which to some means more a movie than a game. Those people are stupid, they balance it just right. You can actually play this game. It has a story, when it's this engaging so what? people do reviews these days like that's a bad thing. But if i want to watch a movie they say. Well go watch a movie then. We will all play this and remember it, unlike the dumb games where the story is and the gameplay is BANG! BANG! BANG! and all else. Yes this has banging in it, (sicko) but it's paced out well with other great moments. Expand
  12. Dec 9, 2013
    What can I say, an utter masterpiece from skull to toe. The plot is decent, the gameplay is well integrated, the graphics can be called next gen!!!
    Really enjoyed. Hope developer can make more games at such high qualities.
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    I've been a gamer for about 13 years now, I have played probably every game worth playing excluding the xBox exclusives (don't own it), THIS IS THE BEST SINGLEPLAYER GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED! EVER! And it will probably remain THE BEST for a very, very long time! I don't wanna spoil anything so i won't go into details much but this game will give you everything this genre has to offer! II've been a gamer for about 13 years now, I have played probably every game worth playing excluding the xBox exclusives (don't own it), THIS IS THE BEST SINGLEPLAYER GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED! EVER! And it will probably remain THE BEST for a very, very long time! I don't wanna spoil anything so i won't go into details much but this game will give you everything this genre has to offer! I can't remember when is the last time a book movie game had such strong emotional value as this game! I have never been happier to shoot a few "innocent" people in my life (you'll know what I'm talking about when you play trough it). The game manages to awake a sense of happines, anger, grief, excitment, accomplishment and so on. The game itself looks beautiful, its never boring, 90% of the time you're either hunting someone or being hunted, on a few occasions both. If this game was a movie, it would win more oscars then the Titanic and LOTR together.
    I would describe The Last of Us as a brilliant search and destroy with phenomenal characters, an absolutely tremendous story, packed with emotions and exciting moments.
    This isn't a shooter. You won't get anywhere in this game if you go guns blazing 24/7 although, a lot of times you can do it.
    Don't ruin this game by playing it on any difficulty under Hard it just isn't worth it.

If you buy this game, you won't regret it. ever! I don't have a word in my vocabulary which describes the ammount of awesomness in this game.

Story 10
    AI IQ 9
    Character control 9
    ________________________
    Total 9.64

I apologise for any wrong used phrases, wrong spelled words etc. English isn't my first language.
  14. Dec 7, 2013
    TLOUS excelente, não consigo encontrar defeitos. Obrigatório para proprietários de PS3. Uma história profunda que envolve o jogador do início ao fim.
  15. Apr 29, 2014
    The Last of Us is an absolutely beautiful experience that anyone who can get a hold of a PS3 should try. The story is pulled off well, the characters are believable and the gameplay is stunning. I couldn't recommend this more.
  16. Dec 10, 2013
    This is definitely a page turner. I just had to play it to the end to see what happened. This is beautifully rendered with characters that are endearing. Although I was not a fan of the constantly killing, it did keep me on the edge of my seat. There were several times in the game when my heart was wrenched from my chest, played with then stitched back in! I would definitely recommendThis is definitely a page turner. I just had to play it to the end to see what happened. This is beautifully rendered with characters that are endearing. Although I was not a fan of the constantly killing, it did keep me on the edge of my seat. There were several times in the game when my heart was wrenched from my chest, played with then stitched back in! I would definitely recommend this game for a mature audience. There is quite a bit of violence and shocking moments. Expand
  17. Dec 11, 2013
    Simply put, this game is epic. From start to finish it's like an intense, deep experience whilst having a movie feel at the same time, it is unique with the way you get attached to characters. In the top 5 games I have ever played due to the quality of dialogue, atmosphere, general mechanics of game play etc etc..I could go on. You know you have played a truly decent game when you areSimply put, this game is epic. From start to finish it's like an intense, deep experience whilst having a movie feel at the same time, it is unique with the way you get attached to characters. In the top 5 games I have ever played due to the quality of dialogue, atmosphere, general mechanics of game play etc etc..I could go on. You know you have played a truly decent game when you are finished and think, "damn.. am I really finished?" Expand
  18. Jan 24, 2014
    A beautiful looking game on every console. This was a very fun game that i enjoyed very much, It was pretty hard and challenging at some spots in the game, but keeps you gripping your seat because you can get super scared. the zombies in the game seemed mostly realistic the names were funny two for the zombies (The Clickers) lol for example. overall a great game and definitely worth getting.
  19. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is simply gorgeous. It gives the sensation that is the best game ever for the PS3, and since the new gen consoles are here, it will be forever. Hopefully it's the beginning of a series, because anybody that played it would surely like to play a new TLOU story as soon as possible. Do not miss it.
  20. Jul 26, 2014
    The Last of Us is my favorite Playstation 3 game. The gameplay and story are just perfect. Online multiplayer is engaging and extremely addicted. This is one of the best games ever made.
  21. May 6, 2014
    The Last of Us is a masterpiece, it is easily the BEST game I have ever played. The graphics are absolutely amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the storyline....well the storyline is just perfected. I can't imagine rating this game any lower than 10/10 In my opinion.
  22. Dec 14, 2013
    "Oh no, ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME?!" That was what first struck me when I saw this game top the charts. I'm not ashamed to say I couldn't have been more wrong. There is nothing to dislike about this game. The story line is so diverse with emotional tragedies, drama, and comedy that you will lose yourself if you aren't careful. I wasn't careful. and completed the game in 2 days. The"Oh no, ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME?!" That was what first struck me when I saw this game top the charts. I'm not ashamed to say I couldn't have been more wrong. There is nothing to dislike about this game. The story line is so diverse with emotional tragedies, drama, and comedy that you will lose yourself if you aren't careful. I wasn't careful. and completed the game in 2 days. The graphics appear next-gen, despite being ps3. Ellie and Joel are, to this day and forever, my favorite video game characters of all time. You will cry, laugh, and the ending will probably have you staring an inch from the screen. When it's over, you feel like a part of you has died. This is coming from someone who prides himself on maintaining an emotional middle ground and scoffed at the idea of another Apocalypse game. Holy was I wrong. Best game of all time. Expand
  23. Dec 16, 2013
    ground braking, amazing, worth be played 10 times more, visually its astonishing, storytelling its a masterpiece, maybe the end is a little unexpected but does not change the feeling of truth about the all thing.
  24. Dec 18, 2013
    Simply put; one of the best games I've ever played! Entertaining throughout. Definitely buying a PS4 just for this game and of course the Uncharted series.
  25. Dec 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is more of an interactive movie than a game? There is lots of cutscenes and stuff which help the story but the gameplay is ok at best. I am not hating on the game I'm just saying the story is so good that it makes the semi repetitive gameplay not an issue. Hell I didn't even notice it while playing but once I was finished I didn't feel like playing it again. Some cheatsThe Last of Us is more of an interactive movie than a game? There is lots of cutscenes and stuff which help the story but the gameplay is ok at best. I am not hating on the game I'm just saying the story is so good that it makes the semi repetitive gameplay not an issue. Hell I didn't even notice it while playing but once I was finished I didn't feel like playing it again. Some cheats would have been nice to help mix up the gameplay either to help or make it harder for you depending on the cheat. The online was horrible. Some things just kill you too fast like a Molotov or the stick. An offline mode with bots would have been nice but the game just has to have an online pass so no hope for offline multiplier with bots ever. Also a lack of game modes online is disappointing but that's not even what the game is about and doesn't effect my score on the game in the slightest. So it has a great story and feel was amazing I just wish there was some more replay value with offline bots and cheats for the story. Expand
  26. Dec 19, 2013
    this game is the game that you should play if you are only going to play one game this year. am that kinda guy who skips the story goes to the mutiplayer but this game i tried the story and have beaten this game 4 times and going back for another round its just that good. the looks in this game make me go who that's ps4 quality. just play in and ignore all the negative reviews they are lying
  27. Nov 13, 2014
    EPIC adventure, the last of us, brings us, one of the best adventures that we can have in PS3, A very good worked game, it has a very charismatic characters, it shows how strong a friendship can be. with intense scenes that remind me scary games like Silent hill 1... the game is absolutely recommended!
  28. Dec 20, 2013
    My god, that game took me on one hell of an emotional ride. Even the intro was a hard emotional hit. The cutscenes looked like real life, and the gameplay looked like really good cutscenes. I have to give Naughty Dog a huge applause for producing such a masterpiece. The gameplay was immersive, the voice acting was the best I've ever heard, the story was believable and realistic, theMy god, that game took me on one hell of an emotional ride. Even the intro was a hard emotional hit. The cutscenes looked like real life, and the gameplay looked like really good cutscenes. I have to give Naughty Dog a huge applause for producing such a masterpiece. The gameplay was immersive, the voice acting was the best I've ever heard, the story was believable and realistic, the sneaking system was good, the characters were very likable and realistic, and the enemy A.I. was simple yet effective. The only thing I can criticize here is the god-awful friendly A.I. We can all agree that the friendly A.I. sucked. When Ellie walked out right in front of an enemy and he didn't see her, I burst out laughing because that was so bad. Though I see why they made it so that the enemies don't see friendly A.I., since it's too dumb that it would walk right out in the open and expose your position. Stuff like this was quite game-breaking, and it sometimes kept me from getting "in the zone". Until the A.I. is dramatically improved, I can't give this game a 10. Expand
  29. Dec 21, 2013
    This game was made for grow ups and only real grow ups can feel the entire game without questioning that this is a masterpiece. It's so immersive been Joel and Ellie, that you will worry about then as family.
  30. Dec 22, 2013
    I feel that this game would have been better served had it been purely designed as a point and click adventure game. The story and pacing was well executed, the actors all did an amazing job with their performances. Unfortunately the game is weighed down by generic and downright forgettable gameplay.

Much of the action felt bland and in fact really didn't add much to the overall

Much of the action felt bland and in fact really didn't add much to the overall narrative. While it's great to see more games with deeper storylines, the designers have to step up their game to be on par with the writers on the team.

In the end of the day, it's a rental as it really is light on the replayability so I can't recommend the game as a purchase unlike most people. For what it offers though it is worth a single playthrough though, you really owe it to yourself at least.
  31. Dec 23, 2013
    Ok so first things first I'm here to give an honest review not to praise or rip on the game, I'm going to point out all the flaws and positives withing Last of Us. Without further introduction here is my review of The Last of Us.

Let's begin on a good note, Naughty Dogs is a remarkable studio, Crash and Jak are some of my favorite platformers ever and Uncharted provides a very fun narrative. But The Last of Us was very underwhelming in my eyes, simply because it was so hyped up and received so many 10s. I'm simply here to present evidence as why TLOU is not perfect, I'm not calling it a bad game by any means.

My first negative statement is going to be about the genre most people classify this game under, survival-horror. This isn't true in my eyes I never once felt pressured to survive or scared at all, this game fits more under the third-person shooter or stealth genre but it is by no means a survival horror. Now to talk about something that actually matters, the story. I will admit that The Last of Us does present a very well crafted story that is brought forth even more by the tremendous voice acting and animations, however I found the story to also be very predictable maybe that's because we are predictable creatures but that's not a valid argument as I often found myself annoyed will how predictable the plot was, not to mention a plot like this has been seen before in other post-apocalyptic narratives The Walking Dead comes to mind quickly. Another thing The Last of Us is praised for is it's unique and memorable characters, but outside of Joel and Ellie I only found three characters that stuck with me: Sam and Henry two brothers that are just trying to get by and David, because he's a dick. Overall I do think that The Last of Us has very good story, voice acting, and presentation. But that's where it starts to end for me.

To me the core part of the negatives lie in the gameplay, the main reason I play a game. The gameplay is very reminiscent of Uncharted, excepted it's not nearly as good. The shooting mechanics are weighed down by the weapon sway, and before you jump on me yes I know this was intentional and that you can upgrade to fix this but it shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. Most people claim The Last of Us to be a very hard game when it's not at all, there is absolutely no penalty for dying as checkpoints are frequent. But the game does have some difficult moments and I see that those come from intentionally bad design; weapon sway, insta-kill enemies, swarms of enemies, enemies that can hit you even when your behind cover it's all so frustrating. And before someone starts saying it's for the sake of realism, Joel can see through wall by using sound.

Earlier I praised the presentation, but outside of cut scenes there are some issues. Textures up close look just plain bad at times and there is texture pop-in, however these issues aren't very frequent but they're jarring when they do occur. Speaking of jarring how about that quick black transition before cut scenes, that tends to take me out of the experience at times and the only reason I'm making notice of this is because Uncharted handled transitions to cut scenes much better. And now it's time for the thing most people complain about is AI, my god it's polarizing. In some cases the enemies can shoot you perfectly from great distances and in others they have the perception of a genome soldier from MGS. But Ellie's AI is the worst as she won't stay still, this is a problem that severely puts me out of the experience and even more so companies in other games like Uncharted and Enslaved can stay put, so why can't Ellie?. But to leave on a positive note I absolutely love the crafting and weapon upgrade systems.

To conclude TLOU does have a wonderful(yet predictable) story and the production values are top notch with great voice acting and animations. Nevertheless this game falls short in the one thing games need, gameplay. To match this there are AI issues, texture problems, and a forgettable soundtrack. I'm not saying TLOU is bad, not by any means, but it doesn't deserve all the perfect scores. Do to the repetitive and occasionally poor designed gameplay I'd rate this game a 7, however the story and presentation do help my experience. The Last of Us receives an 8 out of 10.
  32. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is a fantastic and incredible story. But as a game ehh not so much. The gameplay while fun sometimes gets very boring as you progress through this game and the sluggish controls don't help at all.The AI both friendly and hostile can be incredibly stupid at times and that serves to break the immersion the rest of the game does so perfectly. Over all, the graphics are THE BEST youThis game is a fantastic and incredible story. But as a game ehh not so much. The gameplay while fun sometimes gets very boring as you progress through this game and the sluggish controls don't help at all.The AI both friendly and hostile can be incredibly stupid at times and that serves to break the immersion the rest of the game does so perfectly. Over all, the graphics are THE BEST you will find on the PS3 they are just stunning, the story is one of the greatest video game stories ever with characters that are relatable and make you care for them, the soundtrack is fantastic, but the gameplay can sometimes be boring, the controls are sluggish and the AI is broken. Other than that if you own a PS3 you have no choice you must buy The Last of Us. Expand
  33. Mar 16, 2014
    Naughty Dog have hit a home run with this one. So glad that Neil Druckmann and his team are taking over the Uncharted series, as if they produce anything close to the utterly outstanding gaming-experience which the 'The Last of Us' provided then then I'll be buying Uncharted 4 on release day...10/10.
  34. Dec 31, 2013
    If the video game industry wants to place itself as a mainstream media like Hollywood, it should use this game (along with Ico and Shadow of the Colossus) as a benchmark. The Last of Us is an absolute masterpiece. Period. There is nothing like a game with a beautiful gameplay, outstanding characters, emotions and atmosphere, and rightfully demands a place in your heart.
  35. Dec 31, 2013
    Firstly, I am a mom in her 40's who finished playing this game recently. Although I've been a casual game player for over 25 years across various platforms, I'm pretty selective about what I play and spend my money on.

In my opinion, this has to be one of the best games ever. As a mother, I could identify with the loss of Joels daughter in the beginning (what a tense, standout opening scene!) as well as Ellie's loss of her parents and friends. I thought she was a great female character, swearing and all! Joel was also an excellent protagonist, not only dealing with the loss of his daughter but also handling the responsibility of caring for Ellie. I loved the overall story, narrative and game play. Whilst the enemies were a bit predictable, the plot was not, and I enjoyed the various twists and turns along the way.

I really liked the fact that they progressed Ellie from a girl who was barely allowed to hold a weapon at the beginning of the game to a character who ended up wielding knives, guns and a rather nasty machete to good effect at the end due to the changing circumstances and challenges of their situation.

Game play is very immersive and atmospheric working out whether to go in guns blazing or try to sneak around or even silently stalk and strangle an enemy makes every scene a mini mental challenge, especially if your ammo or health is low. Some of the scenarios in the gloomier parts of some buildings are pretty tense and definitely make for a few heart- stopping moments!

Overall, a memorable game and well worth every penny.
  36. Feb 3, 2014
    I'm going to keep this review short and sweet because you really need to play the game to understand its brilliance. I finished the game 3 months ago and I still mention it in every games conversation. This simply is a must have game. Naughty Dog have pushed the ps3 to its limits to create a beautiful looking game with a fantastic engaging story and unforgettable characters. You reallyI'm going to keep this review short and sweet because you really need to play the game to understand its brilliance. I finished the game 3 months ago and I still mention it in every games conversation. This simply is a must have game. Naughty Dog have pushed the ps3 to its limits to create a beautiful looking game with a fantastic engaging story and unforgettable characters. You really come to care for Ellie (the young girl you are protecting) during the game and this is something so many games cannot do.

The controls work very well and really give you the feeling you are fighting for your life. The level designs are genius and look stunning. The story is exciting and moving, Once scene had me having to pause the game and just take ten minutes to think to my self as it was so upsetting. The zombies and monsters are terrifying, the clickers really are the things of nightmares. You really do feel like you are in an the middle of a zombie apocalypse, no game has ever felt this real. Once you pick up the pad you will not put it down until you have completed it.

Oh and the ending! Wow, this game does not give you choices or alternative endings. You play as Joel and you are forced to see life through his eyes, you make his decisions not your own and these some times take you to dark, gritty places. You come out of the game feeling a true emotional response. Even a joy that the world you live in is not like in the game. I found myself happy to kiss my kids goodnight in the safety of my warm home. People who jokingly say they want a zombie apocalypse may think twice after experiencing The Last Of Us.

The greatest game on the PS3? Buy it and decide for your self, you will not be disappointed.
  37. Jan 8, 2014
    The Last of Us does an amazing job of immersing you in a great story, with well written characters and cleverly subtle level design. This design makes you feel empathy with the characters and feel the utter lack of hope of the world they live in.
    But this design has been very much focused on how to tell the story, with game play being built around this. Subsequently I felt at times that I was constricted in the choices I could make and directions I could go. Though I don't think there's any way to reconcile this constriction with the way you met being told the story.
    I found the hand to hand combat too basic as well, given that mashing the same button would generally work, I would have liked to have been challenged more by this.
    I enjoyed the stealth sections more than any other sneaking game I've played and liked the way weapons and 'experience' could be customised.
    Well worth playing.
  38. Mar 3, 2014
    Esse jogo foi um dos melhores que já joguei na minha vida, adorei a historia, adorei os personagens, e também a vida de cada um deles, e nunca vou esquecer desse jogo fantástico que é o The Last of Us.
  39. Jan 6, 2014
    Last of Us is a masterpiece, the relationship between Joel and Ellie is strong and make you really care about them, some moments i became sad and this is awesome, only few games make you feel inside of the story, soundtrack is amazing as the scenario, the cities and towns beautiful, the game in maximum difficulty is really interesting.
  40. Jan 6, 2014
    10 out of 10 is not high another to tell you how perfect this game is the story is so deep you will not stop playing this games story for day's which you will need because of it's long story that hook's you from the beginning of a girl in her house looking for dad Joel the main character to the end spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler. so again the ending Spoiler Spoiler makes the game even10 out of 10 is not high another to tell you how perfect this game is the story is so deep you will not stop playing this games story for day's which you will need because of it's long story that hook's you from the beginning of a girl in her house looking for dad Joel the main character to the end spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler. so again the ending Spoiler Spoiler makes the game even thought it's not as good as Bioshock infinite and Gone home but it's the most emotional excluding (Gone Homes) ever Expand
  41. Jul 17, 2014
    A great game and one of the best of 2013, but a tad overrated. The Last of Us hits me with it's great story and extremely well developed and memorable characters. The gameplay is fun and it keeps you alert at all times, the visuals are stunning, the atmosphere is intense, just everything about this game is amazing. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's worth every penny.
  42. Jan 11, 2014
    The whole game was amazing(especially the beginning)! Everything in this game was so well-organised and so good.The story was very good.The characters were also very good(Ellie was amazing).The graphics were very good and very real.Excellent atmosphere for this type of game.The environment was also very good and very real.The game has the perfect gameplay to be called a survival game and IThe whole game was amazing(especially the beginning)! Everything in this game was so well-organised and so good.The story was very good.The characters were also very good(Ellie was amazing).The graphics were very good and very real.Excellent atmosphere for this type of game.The environment was also very good and very real.The game has the perfect gameplay to be called a survival game and I like it very much.You explore the world to find ammo and components and you combine the components to create useful tools(melee weapons,explosives,...).The music was also very good.With less words, the campaign is excellent.I haven't played competitive yet because I borrowed the game from a friend of mine but It seems to be very good and very special.Of course I recommend everyone that hasn't played this game to buy it.This game is in my top 4 favourite games of all time!I hope that Naughty Dog will come up with a second The Last Of Us game some time. Expand
  43. Jan 22, 2014
    The Last Of Us:
    +Best Storyline+
    +Best Characters+
    +Amazing Graphics+
    +Great Voice Acting+
    +Nice Sound Effects+

The Last Of Us is absolutely one of the best games ever.
  44. Jan 9, 2014
    An apocalypse like NO OTHER! This game combines Dead space 2, with uncharted and makes a beautiful healthy baby game!
    With a game that will test your stealth skills and shooting skills! Play as joel, an avarage smuggler and Ellie, a teenager that makes you smile every time she talks.
    With awesome shooting mechannics and really good stealth segments, but the cover system COULD get some work... Seriously...
    A.I needs a bit of work, specially ellie's AI. But Naughty dog said that he did that on purpouse so im OK with that (She's invisible to the enemy)
    The story and some parts in it has some cliches and you can see whats going to happen.. but the characters makes up for it.
    Another thing that needs some serious work, is the Melee combat, I expected something a bit like uncharted 3, but this time they decided to go for a more, movie like approach.

Now the multiplayer, The MP is one of the most original aspects I have seen, Outside of battle you have a Minigame, where you build up your clan (Which can be filled with the names of your facebook friends, just for laughs) and complete missions as you struggle to survive 12 weeks. In order to survive you need to earn supplies from matches.

It has 3 game modes:
    *Supply Raid -Basic Team Deathmatch, but you have a limited amount of respawns.
    *Survivor: Adrenaline at its purest! No respawns, 4 rounds.
    *Interrogations: The newest addition to multiplayer, and a very original as well. Down your opponents and interrogate them to earn intel, and locate the Lockbox to win!

All of these modes needs TEAMWORK. Specially Survivor mode. So if you have a couple of friends with you, invite them. Or you may need to rely on strangers on your next match... And that might not be good...

Now i know that the multiplayer might sound perfect but.. It has alot of glitches.

*If you're discconected from PSN, and you choose "Factions" from the main menu to connect, you might get a message saying that your connections isnt strong enough (When it IS.)

*If you attack an enemy at the same time he attacks you with both a nail board you might or not die instantly... Even if you hit him first...

*Nail Bombs may NOT explode if the enemy lands on top of it.

Also, there is no Horde mode or anything (Naughty dog said that they have a hard time making the infected work on multiplayer..)

The game has one of the most beautiful soundtracks in games, with really awesome SFX.
    And the graphics is one of the best of the PS3.

This game gets an 8.5/10.

THE GOOD:
    AWESOME SHOOTING AND STEALTH MECHANICS.
    BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS AND SOUNDTRACK
    ORIGINAL MP.

THE BAD:
    The story is filled with Cliches...
    Cover system needs some work.
    Melee combat also needs some work.
    Multiplayer has some annoying glitches...
  45. Jan 11, 2014
    This was the best experience I had playing a game. PERIOD. The story is an emotional investment that is not to disappoint. Gameplay wise, the stealth mechanics are intuitive and responsive. Not to mention a surprisingly deep multiplayer mode. All in all, best game of my gaming career. A must see for any true gamers out there.
  46. PMG
    Jun 18, 2014
    NaughtyDog has done it again. Creating a new spectacle as far as story and presentation goes, you really wanna see how the story ends. It is also a superb combat system, with risk and reward, stealth, unsteady aim, and deadly enemies. A true masterpiece, and with a fun multiplayer, the only word i truly feel descripes The Last Of Us, is complete. Like with Uncharted 3, you absolutely haveNaughtyDog has done it again. Creating a new spectacle as far as story and presentation goes, you really wanna see how the story ends. It is also a superb combat system, with risk and reward, stealth, unsteady aim, and deadly enemies. A true masterpiece, and with a fun multiplayer, the only word i truly feel descripes The Last Of Us, is complete. Like with Uncharted 3, you absolutely have to own this game if you have a PS3. Expand
  47. Jan 12, 2014
    This is a very violent, dark, yet beautiful adventure brought in a very masterful way that few gaming companies (and writers) do. It´s not like Uncharted at all, where the action is in your face every five seconds: this game keeps a slow pace, and it kept my attention all the way through. I don´t think I felt so engaged to a pair of characters so much since Bioshock Infinite. Naughty DogThis is a very violent, dark, yet beautiful adventure brought in a very masterful way that few gaming companies (and writers) do. It´s not like Uncharted at all, where the action is in your face every five seconds: this game keeps a slow pace, and it kept my attention all the way through. I don´t think I felt so engaged to a pair of characters so much since Bioshock Infinite. Naughty Dog made a fantastic work into Joel and Ellie, and I absolutely loved Ellie´s development as, both a survivor and a badass female protagonist, a very brave teenager living in a cruel and rough world with Hunters and Bloaters on the way. Gameplay was ferocious, violent and intense, with lots of unique survivor horror elements, and I liked how Joel´s anger when he fights, combined with the context in the combat sections as well knowing the enemy, really made me hate the Hunters and Fireflies standing in my way, thus proving a very intense (and dramatic) gameplay experience. Now, it´s not without its faults: friendly A.I. was sometimes sloppy, and it had some glitches, like when an enemy was stuck in a chair or table after I strangled him, it would move in a very creepy way. But in the end, this was an emotional experience, with a very shocking ending, and I would definitely replay it again. Game of the Generation? That can be discussed a lot, but I could see this game go to a lot of people´s top Game of the Year list, and hearts. Expand
  48. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played on my life, the story is great, the voice acting is some of the best, if not the best ever, the gameplay is dynamic, and different than most games, and the zombies are different than any other type of other zombies, the ending isn't a clichéd ending that a Hollywood blockbusters have, and the multiplayer is actually a lot of fun.
    This is a perfect game.
  49. Jan 16, 2014
    The last of us is a game which has been surrounded by a lot of hype and during the first few hours of gameplay you would be forgiven for being a little disappointed. The level design is linear and claustrophobic, the controls are cumbersome and the puzzles are simplistic to say the least.
    The limited ammunition theme (though it feels artificial most of the time - e.g. happening to always keep you around 7 or 8 pistol rounds whether you use them or not) as well as the crafting mechanic serve to up the tension though. Unfortunately, this tension is relieved somewhat when one of your companions bumps into an enemy and they don't react. It seems that only the player is visible when sneaking in the last of us and that's a cop out that really hurts this game.

You'll spend as much time hiding as shooting as you evade the decent enemy AI which will seek to flank you when given the opportunity. That being said, the tiny environments limit the AI's tactics as much as they limit the player. Though they get slightly bigger as the game progresses, they never feel open and the game can feel like it's on rails. Even on hard difficulty the game gives you hints of what to do next every 30 seconds and the "listen" mechanic means that enemies will be unable to sneak up on you or hide. There are no choices to be made except whether to shoot or sneak behind obstacles which are haphazardly placed like those at a paintball event. It's pretty obvious when an enemy encounter is imminent as coherent level design gives way to random crates for you to hide behind.

There are other annoyances too - sometimes your torch won't be pointing the same was as the light coming from it would suggest and "infected" will drop ammunition even though they have been zombies for "years" as one of the main characters comments.

Stick with this game, however, and you will be rewarded - the story is what really makes this game great . I won't spoil the surprise by telling you too much but the relationship between the two main characters and how that relationship develops is captivating. The environments are pretty enough by PS3 standards but you won't be waxing lyrical about them if you are used to PC visuals. As mentioned earlier, the crafting mechanic adds a lot to the game and the limited availability of ammunition and weapons makes finding either feel like Christmas each and every time. It's just a shame that enemies don't drop ammo relevant to the weapon they are using. It's little things like that which break the immersion in the game.

Overall the last of us is a good effort. It takes some decent if "safe" gameplay, tarts it up with a few interesting little elements and then smothers it in a great story. People say this is more of an interactive film than a game and I can see their point. You come back to it in the same way you come back to an episode of your favourite TV series - curious to find out what happens next. Ultimately though, however good the story is, it can't disguise the linear, by the numbers gameplay and that simply isn't good enough in this day and age of open worlds and decisions which have consequences.

It's a solid 8 and everyone should play it but ratings of 10 out of 10 are just silly.
  50. Jan 18, 2014
    By far the game of the year, and maybe the best game of all time. The best graphics I've ever seen, great gameplay, a terrific story and characters, and a surprisingly good multiplayer makes this game a incredible farewell to the PS3. Anybody who writes a negative review is probably a Xbox fanboy.
  51. Jan 19, 2014
    This game is one of the best games I've ever experienced. Beautiful graphics, a clear and an amazing story that won't get played confused about the plot. The voice acting is incredible. The story is so heartbreaking in some of the scenes. As in Tess. And the way Ellie bonds with Joel. I can't imagine anyone giving this a negative rating. ood job, Naughty-Dog.
  52. Jan 23, 2014
    Well although there were lots of 10/10s,but the combat system compared to the one they showed before they released the game(I know the release will be different from before...)was so much more realistic,even though i never do get bored of the combat,but it's variety is not really that good and multiplayer is screwed by CoD and BF4,it took me 10 minutes just to find a group of people,andWell although there were lots of 10/10s,but the combat system compared to the one they showed before they released the game(I know the release will be different from before...)was so much more realistic,even though i never do get bored of the combat,but it's variety is not really that good and multiplayer is screwed by CoD and BF4,it took me 10 minutes just to find a group of people,and people wanted zombie mode but naughty dog said that it can't work because that the zombies would mess up some stuff.The new customization items,this is how i see it:you pay for a dlc so that you can pay more money for a dlc within a dlc,wow(eventhough I had the online pass code.) Expand
  53. Jul 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is to me at least the best game on the PS3. The graphics are great the story's great the game play's great and the voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a Video Game.
  54. Jan 24, 2014
    journeyfreak787
    Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.
  55. Jan 27, 2014
    It held a place in my heart. Naughty dog brought us what everyone wanted. Definitely revolutionized the voice acting aspect in games. Hands down, best game on the ps3, a must buy. Not to mention addictive multiplayer as well.
  56. Jan 30, 2014
    Just a great game. I loved the story, the characters and the gameplay. I even like the multiplayer. It's my personal pick for GOTY and my favorite game. If you have a PS3, I seriously recommend the game.
  57. Aug 21, 2014
    I not going to lie, but this game is nearly perfect. The story is good. Though if you a story like this before is no surprise. The writing makes the game feel and sound real. The story feel a natural pace. There's zombie, but they're not zombies. The game calls them "Infected". There's three types of them: Runners will run and smack you. Clickers will walk up to you and kill you in oneI not going to lie, but this game is nearly perfect. The story is good. Though if you a story like this before is no surprise. The writing makes the game feel and sound real. The story feel a natural pace. There's zombie, but they're not zombies. The game calls them "Infected". There's three types of them: Runners will run and smack you. Clickers will walk up to you and kill you in one move. And Bloaters just Clickers but stronger. This game claim to be horror but the game isn't scary. To the people say I just going to watch it on Youtube are dumb. Is not the story that's makes the game good is the experience. There's online and is good as the game. I say get it. This game is at PS3 and PS4. Expand
  58. Feb 4, 2014
    {Minor Spoilers} As simply as I can put it, The Last of Us is an accomplishment. This is the game to beat in the coming years and the first game I've played that masterfully melds gameplay with narrative in a way that seems effortless done by the masterful team at Naughtydog. This is a game about the best and worst of people that is heightened by the intensity and great use of tension in a{Minor Spoilers} As simply as I can put it, The Last of Us is an accomplishment. This is the game to beat in the coming years and the first game I've played that masterfully melds gameplay with narrative in a way that seems effortless done by the masterful team at Naughtydog. This is a game about the best and worst of people that is heightened by the intensity and great use of tension in a post apocalyptic setting. You play as the character of Joel; a person that has been affected very personally by the fungal outbreak and has few morale lines left to cross after surviving for twenty years after everything changed. He lives in a quarantine zone within what's left of Boston and is controlled by the military under martial law. He survives through smuggling things in and out of the city and is eventually tasked by a rebel group he has ties with to smuggle a teenage girl named Ellie to a checkpoint which eventually turns into a journey across the country. The character of Joel is more complex than many protagonists and isn't necessarily meant to be the "good guy". He's a person with a past and his own set of morals which makes him very believable. While Joel had a life before the outbreak, Ellie was born into this world and didn't know life outside of the quarantine zone before Joel reluctantly took the job that defines the game. You see the contrast between Joel and Ellie very early on. Ellie doesn't have anything to miss before the outbreak and often asks Joel about things in the environment that served a purpose before the infection spread. Joel will often describe things very vaguely early on almost like he doesn't want to get to close and form a relationship he fears he'll lose. The whole game has moments like these that can be dissected and more eloquently described but I just wanted to put my voice out there for how much I love this game and figured people who haven't played yet might be reminded by all the hype surrounding the next DLC so hopefully this helped someone. Expand
  59. Jul 28, 2014
    Very good game but I got bored shooting at humans, I think it should be all about killing zombies which is much more fun. And what is the point in a fight between survivors?
  60. Feb 5, 2014
    This game truly deserves the game of the year citation. It has a mix of action, suspense and drama that only a few game developers can provide. Naughty Dog has achieved video game greatness unlike any other so far.

I haven't finished the game to be honest, but I love what I am encountering so far. And I just started the Fall chapter, which from feed back seems like things are about to stir up even more.
  61. Feb 6, 2014
    PlayStation 3 isn’t only well-known for its number of exclusive games, but for the sheer number of quality exclusives. That’s what makes The Last of Us even more impressive, because not only does it join the ranks of Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, Infamous and more, but it bests them all. In short, Naughty Dog has crafted a game that impresses in virtually every way. The Last of Us is aPlayStation 3 isn’t only well-known for its number of exclusive games, but for the sheer number of quality exclusives. That’s what makes The Last of Us even more impressive, because not only does it join the ranks of Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, Infamous and more, but it bests them all. In short, Naughty Dog has crafted a game that impresses in virtually every way. The Last of Us is a true feat.

Its unrivaled presentation in particular sets the bar even higher than the Uncharted trilogy already did, and its writing, voice acting and layered gameplay combine to create what is very easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013.
  62. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best storylines of any game I've played (ever), phenomenal graphics, above-average gameplay (good hints, no frustrating levels) and long playtime
  63. Feb 8, 2014
    All that can be said of how good the game is too obvious to be told, I just want to give a bow to naughty dog for being such a great company capable of such evolving from crash bandicoot to the last of us.
  64. Feb 17, 2014
    Just Amazing, Another Masterpiece by Naughty Dog
    Just Amazing, Another Masterpiece by Naughty Dog
    The Gameplay gives a nice challenge to the player. What you do is while progressing, find some scattered bullets, guns and objects since it is about survival. The combat can give an awesome atmosphere, and a fight with the small supply that you're given in the game, becoming longer with how much you collect within the game, you can give very brutal attacks to the enemy using melee with bats, axes and wooden planks, giving a satisfying combat, Stealth elements are a good part of the game as everything else, especially with the hearing ability. Exploration is not so much of a Problem, but it becomes better as a puzzle. The only problem is the AI, Enemy AI often seems to ignore a companion and they sometimes glitch a few times.
    The Story is the best of many video games, giving emotional and tear jerking moments, and the characters, especially Joel and Ellie, are extremely likeable.
    The Multiplayer has great gameplay elements in the game to it's deathmatches, but it's filled with annoying Micro-Transactions, typical Naughty Dog, always giving micro-transactions to a multiplayer.
    Overall, even though it has a few problems, This game is a Masterpiece and the best game i have played in the generation.
  65. Feb 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i love this game i dont think it is really about the game play which is amazing anyway i think it is about joel losing his daughter and over twenty years becoming cold and not caring about anyone . then ellie comes into his life at first he doesnt like her but as the game goes on you see there relationship develop and joel starts to really care about her as if she was his own daughter for all the gore and violence in this game i think it is probably one of the most touching games ive ever played really really brilliant stuff naughty dog Expand
  66. Feb 11, 2014
    I can't really get enough of this game. I just can't see why people hate this game so much, this is probably the best game I have played in my life so far, it has changed my life and the way I see the world. Most people that play GTAV (for those that prefer GTAV) haven't really grasped the concept of TLOU's story, they haven't grasped the feelings, the hate, the love, and the loyalty thatI can't really get enough of this game. I just can't see why people hate this game so much, this is probably the best game I have played in my life so far, it has changed my life and the way I see the world. Most people that play GTAV (for those that prefer GTAV) haven't really grasped the concept of TLOU's story, they haven't grasped the feelings, the hate, the love, and the loyalty that stands between Ellie and Joel. This is a remarkable game, and if you don't have a PS3, I highly recommend that you get this game. This isn't a game where you can roam around and do whatever you want, this is story, and the story is heartbreaking and it keeps you on your couch. Ellie and Joel are really great dynamic protagonists that go through a lot of pain and fear to travel across America. When you play the game, you will see that the relationship between Ellie and Joel we'll start building up to a point where they can trust each other and care for each other. It warms my heart and it's understandable that you have to cooperate with others to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

The Last of Us has left a scar on me, that scar will never be forgotten, because it will remind me of that one game in 2013 that changed my life. I really do recommend this game for players that have never even heard of it or have never played it. It's truly a masterpiece, it may not be GOTY for some people, but it's a masterpiece.

Ellie is by far my favorite character that has impacted my experiences in gaming so far, probably the best female character I know so far. She's just a little 14 year old girl that's born in a QZ for 14 years, eventually she is taken out across the country by a man who has been through a lot of rough times, Joel. Ellie isn't familiar with the outside world and it's lovely to see her talk about things she doesn't know about. You get to learn about her more when you progress through the single-player.

Get the game, it's a masterpiece, even I will never forget it. Never... 10/10
  67. Aug 23, 2014
    This is THE most overrated I have ever played. But read on - I'm not a mindless hater. The game is good, It's just not as good as everyone is leading you to believe.
    So The Last of Us is a game from Naughty Dog, and as such - it comes with some privileges, like better understanding of PlayStation Tech and a pretty huge budget. This guarantees it won't be a bad game, and it's not. But let me tell you why it isn't the masterpiece everyone has been leading all of us to believe it is.
    Graphically, it's a pretty game. A lot of people go out of their way to tell us how beautiful it is. And sure, some scenes do look awesome, some views are indeed, as Ellie points out at least 50 times during the game, pretty good, but it isn't the best looking PS3 game, nor the best that Naughty Dog have delivered. If you disagree, go back and play Uncharted 3 again - better design, better texture quality. It is pretty obvious that this game has been toned down from the PS4 version to be released on PS3.
    The sound and voicework are pretty awesome, as most games from this dev delivered thus far. Some soundtrack choices are peculiar, but haunting and moving none the less.
    However, the writing of the game is noticeably worse than what we've come to expect from Naughty Dog. Particularly, Ellie's part is written terribly, giving the actress no actual words to work with. And the overall plot has huge issues, mainly the fact that the game is not about anything. It isn't about Joel and Ellie and their relationship, it's not about a journey, it's not even about saving human kind - it's just a game with nothing to say. It's a empty, fun vessel and nothing more. The Director missed too many of opportunities to make this experience special or noteworthy. The most interesting part of The Last of Us are the Infected, though the game isn't much about them either. / SPOILERS / And the ending is too disappointing to even be considered a proper ending. Without giving too much away, it practically makes the whole game entirely pointless. Most games end with the player saving the world, or someone special. The world - obvious choice, it makes everyone feel at least a bit happy with their experience. However, this game forces you to make the other choice and save someone special. However, the game didn't give me not one reason to really care and like neither Joel or Ellie, and even if you like them - the thing is that the game does not make you feel for Ellie as Joel feels for her, and that is where the problems lie, in my opinion. / END SPOILERS /
    Gameplay is probably the strongest point of The Last of Us, however there are a few issues with pacing here and there, along with a few really awkward decisions that lead nowhere. Even at that, both stealth sections and gunfights are intense, well-thought out and balanced - probably the best we've seen from Naughty Dog.
    And that is pretty much it. It's a weak "The Walking Dead" spinoff, that is not that great. It's not a "masterpiece" - a 100%, a 10/10 or a 5/5. A game considered a masterpiece must have meaning, better writing, and not only good looks, but good design too. To me, everyone who gives this game above an 8 is either dumb or has been paid to do so. If you don't agree on my points - go play The Walking Dead Season 1, there you can see how much better executed is a very similar plot.
    Most people have heard probably of BioShock Infinite - a game that was not so overhyped. I'm bringing it up, because it's a good example to compare The Last of Us with - about writing, about how the game is directed to make you care and about the fact that it contains meaning, it contains something that will haunt you until you die. This is something The Last of Us strives to achieve, but I believe that ultimately it's bad directing and a weak plot that bring it down from greatness.
    The Last of Us is indeed the most overrated game I have ever seen and played. However, that does not mean it's not a good game - it is. It's fun, very fun in fact, and I do recommend it, because there is something to it. It's just not the masterpiece everyone is now almost taught to say it is.
  68. Feb 13, 2014
    The Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The combat is brutal in fact VERY BRUTAL. 15mins into the game had me crying and that's a hard thing to do. The story is very good. It has 1 boss battle but its a creative one and a little tip in that boss fight throw a bottle or whatever at the third knife try then run up and knife that him like an animal. The few glitches I foundThe Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The combat is brutal in fact VERY BRUTAL. 15mins into the game had me crying and that's a hard thing to do. The story is very good. It has 1 boss battle but its a creative one and a little tip in that boss fight throw a bottle or whatever at the third knife try then run up and knife that him like an animal. The few glitches I found are small and don't effect the gameplay much or at all. Crafting is easy very easy and needed unless you want to die.... a lot..... The soundtrack is legendary and I'm listening to it now as I type this. They eve added small and unnecessary details that are great like you making a laptop fall or blowing off limbs. Aiming is hard but it adds to the tension and there is a lock on assist in the options. The difficulty is very hard even on easy. Each character is remember able. This game is action and adventure combined with survival horror its a genre really. Game of the year here game of the year. Expand
  69. Feb 14, 2014
    The game is the best I've played so far, but if I had to criticize anything it would be the length. It's quite short. I finished it in 20 hours. Make the count... Nevertheless one feels the emotion of this story in every step.
  70. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us is the pinnacle of this generation. Everything video games has to offer was brought to the maximum level. Storytelling, graphics, gameplay...

Few games made me cry, made me think about the message it passes, and made me be sure video games are also art.

The focus of the game isn't zombies, but the human condition. Who is, in fact, "the last of us"? The non-infected humans, or the humans who haven't lost their humanity?

Naughty Dog shows a lesson for the video game industry and even for movies. You'll love seeing Joel and Ellie together as they go through every sort of trouble together. A story like no other, a story few will manage to make it better and many will fear to copy.

At the end of the game, you don't get a feeling of "it's already over?" or "finally!". You get a exact dose of the game. As the credits roll, you get a sensation of "Damn. This was one of the best experiences I've had." Finishing the game is like finishing reading a book or watching a series. You don't know what to do next. Real life seems boring after completing it.

The Last of Us is a masterpiece in digital form. It also shows video games have come a very long way. Video games aren't toys, but a way of art and culture, of debate and thinking, of entertainment and joy, immersion and reality, and The Last of Us is the proof of that.
  71. Feb 22, 2014
    The story for this game is amazing, emotional, breathtaking, and intense throughout. Once I started playing I couldn't stop. The graphics and gameplay is great. The game is about 12 hours long and the replay value in my opinion is pretty low. However, I'm still giving it a 10 just because the story was so awesome.
  72. Feb 24, 2014
    The last of us is one of the greatest game ever made. The story is just something amazing and touching. The end is cliffhanger in my opinion and i wish that there is going to be The last of us 2.
  73. Feb 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games of 2013 and probably one of the best games I ever played. Incredible plot, amazing characters, dark world and amazing atmosphere never let you start feeling bored. By the way, I cried in the end) Expand
  74. Mar 20, 2014
    Beautiful game. Pushing the art of storytelling in to a new age. Gritty, emotional, tense and fun. No one has created a more immersive story and involving characters than Naughty Dog.
  75. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Great game - great story - great everything. If you like the Uncharted series but want a little more gore or realism from the game then this is for you. Just watch out for the clickers...
  76. Feb 28, 2014
    I am giving The Last of Us a 10 out of 10 because A: It deserves it, and B: in order to try to balance the overall user score against the idiots giving it a 1 or 2 just to be **** If anyone has issues with the game it is understandable (everyone has opinions after all), but none of the negative comments I read warranted anything less than a 6! "This game is great, buy it is full ofI am giving The Last of Us a 10 out of 10 because A: It deserves it, and B: in order to try to balance the overall user score against the idiots giving it a 1 or 2 just to be **** If anyone has issues with the game it is understandable (everyone has opinions after all), but none of the negative comments I read warranted anything less than a 6! "This game is great, buy it is full of cliches... 1.0" or "This game has amazing graphics and enjoyable characters but the shooting is hard.... 2.0" I mean come on. If your review is objective and you dislike certain parts of a game, the objectiveness of the review should cause you to give credit where credit is due.

If you like third person action stealth game play with solid mechanics. you will love this game.
    If you like post apocalyptic settings with dynamic level design, you will love this game.
    If you desire well fleshed out characters and top notch voice acting, you will love this game.
  77. Mar 2, 2014
    I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy. This game is a must have if you are a ps3 fan. It is one of the better exclusives for the system.
  78. Apr 26, 2014
    even though i have not played this game . i did watch it on youtube .Last of us is a game of fun , epic and a romantic story behind it . Its not a die had zombie game like [ dead rising 3 ] or any fun games . its actually a zombie classic . The realtionship between the ellie and joel during a zombie apocalypse is what is part of the game basically and find a way to get out of it . Grade A+
  79. Mar 4, 2014
    Wonderful storyline that makes you want to go on and finish the game. I expected much more from the gameplay and the A.I. Not a great action game, neither a great stealth game, but overall a must have!
  80. Mar 5, 2014
    a masterpiece nothing else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  81. Mar 13, 2014
    I arrived a bit late and I don't know what can I say more than what the others said. Well, I will say the flaws. The permanent bugs, the creatures can see you, but your partner cannot be seen. Also, the melee is a bit confusing. It step forward alone if you keep punching a creature and I think it bad to see this. But, apart from this, everything is captivating.
  82. Mar 8, 2014
    Put simply, this game - for what it tries to accomplish - is perfect but for one mechanic: the team (and occasionally enemy) AI. These things, however, do not affect gameplay per se, but they do affect your suspense of disbelief, which in a game that tries to redefine "immersive", is a huge deal. So let's go through that first:

When you play as Joel - especially in stealth cases -

When you play as Joel - especially in stealth cases - Ellie has the propensity to run around in rooms full of enemies, or engage in combat when you clearly just want to hide. Sometimes, in cases where you do EVERYTHING to be as quiet as you can, instead of whispering she speaks up loudly. Fortunately, ND knew this and thus her "actions" do not affect gameplay: enemies will not "see" her if she runs around when you are hidden, clickers won't hear her loud speaking when you clearly want to be quiet. In other words, she's simply not there as far as the enemies are concerned. The same goes for enemy AI in sneak mode, Joel can sneak up to an enemy, choke him out with him making struggling noises, and another enemy that stands just a couple feet away does not hear what's happening.

So, these "AI in sneak mode" issues clearly do not affect gameplay, but they DO affect your suspense of disbelief. All games do this, no developer has with 100% success come around certain issues with gameplay where everything "makes sense". However, it is an elevated issue in TLoU because of its ambitions to be THE definitive immersive gaming experience.

And honestly, it really, really, really does ace it in that department, save for the aforementioned AI issues. The fighting/shooting mechanics work great, the stealth portions are done well, the level design is amazing, environments are highly diverse and ND really went out to make this a survival game, NOT an action game: Every single bullet, every single arrow and every single brick you find is literally essensiall for your survival. This game brings back mechanics that have long been gone in survival games: scarcity of resources. Not since the original Resident Evil trilogy have games put a snare around the players regarding the resources. And it's never done in a cheap manner either; if you don't have enough bullets there are always other options for you to get through the hurdles.

The story is actually fairly standard in broad terms but very unique when you look closer. The post-apocalyptic atmosphere is excecuted perfectly, the sense of time elapsing as the pair traveling across the US on their pilgrimage for worldly salvation accurately feels agonizing, long, exhausting and diverse. The sound is amazing, from the small sounds of wind and rivers, to the distant screams of the runners, to the sporradic comments that the characters make throughout. Everything feels alive and is a true feat in the immersive department, no other game as far as I am conscerned nails "believable environment" as good as TLoU. It's more like watching a movie than playing a game (not the MGS4 type but the good type). The best feature in the sound department is definitely the music - which is excecuted perfectly (especially in the end scene) and... the voice actors. As far as the character go, they are the definitive cream of the crop; the characters are the single entity of this game that make it as great as it is.

Ellie and Joel are real. They act as one would think a mourning father that has seen loved ones die for decades would act, or how a 14 year old that grew up in a world of decay and sorrow would act, and their progressive development is so evident and so compelling. You FEEL for Joel and Ellie, you WANT them to do well, it's not YOU playing the game and 2 passive shell-puppets on the screen that you live vicariously through, this game IS about Ellie the 14 year old girl, and Joel the southern lone ranger that's taking care of Ellie. This game has as much character development as the best of TV series, or movies, or books. Granted, that statement might sound somewhat hyperbolic, but if you don't believe me, play the game and see for yourself.

In closing, Ill just say TLoU is an amazing piece of video game art. Ive played video games for 2 decades and as an avid video gamer I am proud of what ND have achieved here, for my favorite entertainment medium. People have to take into account where gaming as entertainment stands in todays society, and how it compares to mediums like movies/books, to understand the sheer impact of this game, and to how important this game might've proven to be in the future. TLoU broke boundaries and reached audiences that are unprecedented in video gaming. This game will be remembered as a staple in gaming history, and hopefully will lead the gaming medium into the field of being taken as seriously as the most serious of movies, or books. With games like TLoU and Uncharted, ND are definitely carrying the torch for the sake of the entire gaming community, and as far as Im concerned, they are our true leaders.
  83. Mar 11, 2014
    I will keep it short. This is simply THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED.
    Loved the game-play, graphics and everything.
    The story was amazing. No other game had ever made me so emotional.
    Brilliant work by Naughty Dog, as usual.
  84. Apr 2, 2014
    Best game I've ever played. I'm sick of people giving this game a bad review it's literally the best game in the market. Best game ever, I love the mixture of dialogue, gameplay and the best graphics around.
  85. Mar 14, 2014
    I did write a review for this game but i wanna go back and rate certain categories.
    Story-10/10 Graphics-10/10 Controls- 9/10 Ease to Learn- 7
    Music- 8/10 Length- 10/10 Replay ability 4/10 Overall- 9.2/10
  86. Mar 14, 2014
    Uma história brilhante com personagens carismáticos e um multiplayer divertido, sem duvidas uma compra garantida para todos os gamers, merecia ser o jogo do ano.
  87. May 21, 2014
    The last of us si simply a masterpiece, it's the best looking game of the current/last gen consoles hands down. Gameplay can be a little repetitive if you're playing on easy/normal difficulty but when you crank it up to survivor you're going to get your ass handed to you. Story actually isn't that good on paper it's the execution that is brilliant the emotions between the characters is theThe last of us si simply a masterpiece, it's the best looking game of the current/last gen consoles hands down. Gameplay can be a little repetitive if you're playing on easy/normal difficulty but when you crank it up to survivor you're going to get your ass handed to you. Story actually isn't that good on paper it's the execution that is brilliant the emotions between the characters is the selling point.Aside from a few pacing problems the only thing i didn't like about the game was the ending, not that it was bad but it was just unsatisfying the game is currently spread open for a sequel and if they do one we can only pray it delivers. Expand
  88. Aug 3, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay, graphics, storyline controls all thought out well and makes for a game that will always remember look forward to playing again in the remastered version.
  89. Mar 19, 2014
    I can only really say a few things about this game. and they are this: based on the mechanics, story, gameplay, characters, difficulty, enemies, and atmosphere, I'd have to say this is HANDS DOWN the best game I've ever played. from the amazing graphics, to the characters who make you feel like they're real people. the voice acting is amazing. the entire game is amazing, even at the partsI can only really say a few things about this game. and they are this: based on the mechanics, story, gameplay, characters, difficulty, enemies, and atmosphere, I'd have to say this is HANDS DOWN the best game I've ever played. from the amazing graphics, to the characters who make you feel like they're real people. the voice acting is amazing. the entire game is amazing, even at the parts that make you want to punch a hole in your tv. this is the only game I've ever played where i have not changed the disk a single time from beginning to end. i loved this game and think the only score that can actually describe how amazing this game is is a score of 100/10. The Last of Us is a game that I'd recommend for anyone who likes a violent, action packed game. Expand
  90. Mar 18, 2014
    I can sum up this game in one word but unfortunately I have to use 150 characters, so I'm going to blabber on, the graphics for previous generation are formidable, I mean truly formidable, until I purchased next gen this game is kinda in between previous and next gen it looks, feels and plays like it's too good for the previous generation, the story is that of a blockbuster film, you findI can sum up this game in one word but unfortunately I have to use 150 characters, so I'm going to blabber on, the graphics for previous generation are formidable, I mean truly formidable, until I purchased next gen this game is kinda in between previous and next gen it looks, feels and plays like it's too good for the previous generation, the story is that of a blockbuster film, you find yourself getting quite attached to the characters, certainly leaves you gasping at certain cutscenes, probably the 4th best game I've ever played behind Max Payne 3, MW1, and Def Jam Fight for NY oh by the way my one word was... WOW Expand
  91. Mar 18, 2014
    Me, being a gamer try to find the bad and the good in games, the good was that the voice acting felt like I was In a movie theater it felt real. Another great thing about this game is that the cut scenes are outstanding! I also enjoyed the emotional roller coaster, and how they unveil each others past in the game.
    The bad, well the multiplayer, if you hated uncharted 3s multiplayer, well
    The bad, well the multiplayer, if you hated uncharted 3s multiplayer, well that sucks cause this is worse, the last of us and uncharted should stay single player. That's really the only problem I had with the game, a must have for a ps3 owner!
  92. Mar 19, 2014
    jogo perfeito
    otimos graficos
    jogo desafiador
    otimos personagens que prendem vc ao jogo e se adequam um ao outro,num mundo caotico o jogo mostra o lado humano dos personangens
  93. Apr 16, 2014
    This game well and truely deserves all the high scores it gets. Really please get this game!! The price is still high but 100% worth it. The emotional attatchemnt you get to these characters is unbelieveable. From the first chapter right to the end. It really does stick with you. Of course obviously the graphics are beautiful, the acting very moving. Even if you aren't a fan of theThis game well and truely deserves all the high scores it gets. Really please get this game!! The price is still high but 100% worth it. The emotional attatchemnt you get to these characters is unbelieveable. From the first chapter right to the end. It really does stick with you. Of course obviously the graphics are beautiful, the acting very moving. Even if you aren't a fan of the whole zombie, apocolypse theme (which I do not enjoy) It is more about the story. The infected just take a back seat and play extras. Expand
  94. Mar 23, 2014
    Arguably the greatest game of this generation; The Last Of Us is the culmination of Naughty Dog's very successful journey on the PS3. TLOU is truly a masterpiece of character-driven narrative, stunningly well realized world-building, profoundly believable characters, magnificent OST and voice acting, award-winning dialogue and intelligent systemic game design along with some of the best,Arguably the greatest game of this generation; The Last Of Us is the culmination of Naughty Dog's very successful journey on the PS3. TLOU is truly a masterpiece of character-driven narrative, stunningly well realized world-building, profoundly believable characters, magnificent OST and voice acting, award-winning dialogue and intelligent systemic game design along with some of the best, well acted cinematics you'll find in this medium. The characters in The Last Of Us (especially Joel and Ellie, not limited to however) are complex, deep, believable, and memorable. As the player you'll find yourself truly caring about them and their journey which is something a lot of video games fall short in achieving. If you're a gamer who cares more about the story and characters in your games than anything else, this is as good as it gets. The one tip I'll give to people who are interested but haven't yet played the game, don't rush. Take your time and explore buildings and areas, you can find notes that are in my opinion worth reading and while exploring different areas you can trigger certain conversations with Ellie (some that happen without you having to press any button and some that you need to press triangle for) that are definitely worth it and add to this one of a kind experience. Try not to miss out on those. Expand
  95. May 28, 2014
    I have a feeling that this game will live on as Half Life 2 has.
    The graphics are incredible, gameplay is very smooth at most times and the storyline is outright incredible. A must buy for any PS3 owner.
  96. May 29, 2014
    More than a game. The story was truly engrossing even if it's not the most original. The gameplay is not revolutionary but good enough to feel rewarding. Such great graphics/animation too.
  97. Mar 26, 2014
    Amazing!,
    this game is awesome almost perfect without the bugs naughty dog has done well to well and I hope to see more and it has one of the best characters no lets rephrase that the best characters Joel and Ellie go so well together thanks! Dogs *claps* * aplauses*
  98. Apr 1, 2014
    2013. For a good couple of years as a dx11 pc gamer I had once again placed my ps3 at doorstop level (aside from the odd multimedia stream here and there) always ready to catch a glimpse of the next console exclusive. Then The Last of Us was released.
    WOW!!!
    WOW!!!
    This game far exceeded every expectation I had for an end of cycle first party sony release and IMO surpassed the fine efforts of valve on HL2 in using computer technology to convey story in a way completely unique to this industry. Every moment you experience is a part of this story and the strongest character is expressed through level design. Subtle cues of audio and visual effects texture art and animation stir emotions in ways the player may have thought to be exclusive to the realm of film production. On top of this excellent singleplayer is a fantastic multiplayer that for me, really evoked a sense of play seemingly forgotten by much of this industry. Well done naughty dog and sony for helping to make this magic possible.
  99. May 29, 2014
    This is one of the best games I ever played.

The characters are unique and interesting. The story is phenomenal and even puts you in a conflict with yourself, where you start to think, whether it's morally or not, what's happening there. The graphics for a PS3 are breathtaking, I've never seen such great textures. The gameplay is good, but not revolutionary. It's kinda nice,
    This is one of the best games I ever played.

The characters are unique and interesting.

The graphics for a PS3 are breathtaking, I've never seen such great textures.

The gameplay is good, but not revolutionary. It's kinda nice, that you can craft bombs etc., but it's extremely simple made.

This game will stay with me my whole life long.
  100. Apr 7, 2014
    Hands down the best game I have ever played. It ruined playing any other game. I had to wait about 2 weeks before I could play anything else. It has it's faults, but what game doesn't. It is well worth the money! If your one of those people who like to just enjoy the ride then this game on EASY is perfect. If you want to go Boss then try harder difficulties. Either way it's amazing.
  101. Jun 3, 2014
    The Last of Us
    PlayStation 3
    This review is based on my experience and does not intend to insult other reviewers opinions. Story – From the opening scenes to the final moments of the game and that black screen hits your eyes you find yourself hooked on the story that Naughty dog shovel into your face. You fall in love with the relationships and the characters, the story itself you
    The Last of Us
    PlayStation 3

Story – From the opening scenes to the final moments of the game and that black screen hits your eyes you find yourself hooked on the story that Naughty dog shovel into your face. You fall in love with the relationships and the characters, the story itself you believe to be quite simple, a virus outbreak and survival, what some people don’t realise is that underneath the main story the sub stories are the ones that hook your mind and your heart. The fight for survival, the feel of loss in every direction, the sense of helplessness that shadows the main character even though he has been hardened by the world around him, the beauty of life that we all take for granted but seen through a girls eyes, the list is endless, words cannot describe the story, the story has to be seen and felt.

Graphics – The graphics are beautiful, the textures of the shirt on our main characters back to the beautiful yet disturbing settings around them all add up to a beautiful display of artwork and creativity. Realism and at some points you find yourself stood still and turning the camera around to view sections around you in awe.

Characters – The characters are the best part about this title, it is very difficult to describe them especially in just 5000 characters or less. Ellie and Joel bring something to your experience I personally have never experienced within a game before, in fact by the end of the game I found myself wanting a daughter for my first child, the chemistry between the two characters is heartfelt and breath-taking, you find yourself truly caring for them, their journey truly does become yours, from the silence and annoyance felt between the two at the beginning to the love and protection you get by the end. The characters whom they meet along the way also add that extra bit of excitement and heartbreak, one of my personal favourites is Bill, the character of few words and such a big story that if missed leaves him misunderstood. The depths within the game itself are mesmerising.

Result – This game is a life changing moment of art, the character development, the story, the action, the music… everything hooks you from the get go and once you start you have to finish it, you find yourself craving more and you miss the company of Ellie and Joel within other games. May sound over the top but if you find yourself one who appreciates the little details (Keep an eye out in the toy shop when one of the brothers you encounter picks up a toy and is told he can’t have it, watch Ellie closely and then quickly take the camera off her and back on her again and you will see a hidden gem that shows how cute they have made the character) you will truly love this game.

Of course there are certain things within the game that can make you scream for the hills, the AI can be very annoying at times, Ellie can seem to stand in front of enemies within a single bit of reaction from them and when you are sneaking through Clicker territory and Bill is romper stomping around the place it does tend to knock the illusion but if able put that aside and enjoy the ride.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]