• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Oct 27, 2014
    It's okay. The AI is pretty terrible, upon a second play through the scripted events remove the enjoyment from the first play through. The character interaction is decent, the music is good, the plot is okay. It's nothing special, but for a Triple-A game it's definitely better than most.
  2. Oct 27, 2014
    It was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able to realized this just now, after experienced them again.
    For me, though, it didn't start like flying colors. Rather, just the opposite. Somewhere in the 30% progress in the game, I was thinking about abandoning it as I was not even hooked and mostly annoyed. Boy, am I a thankful I didn't. I am not quite sure what exactly did it, but I turned around the corner. From being on the verge of hating the game, I was subconsciously starting to fall in love with it. And there are many games I have loved, but this one, in addition, is something quite special. And I miss it so much.
  3. Oct 22, 2014
    This was the best game i've ever played!!!! Awesome!
    That´s amazing atmosphere and characters. I'll waiting for ne next game of episode. Very great!!!!!!!
  4. Oct 19, 2014
    Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country. Expand
  5. Oct 18, 2014
    It is the so much acclaimed game for PS3. The game is an "action adventure" like Tomb Raider, or like the Uncharted series (indeed from the same software house).
    The adventure is pleasant, the game lasts an average time (about 12-15 hours), the story is well thought out and there is great graphics without any uncertainty. The setting is post-apocalyptic, the plot seems obvious but it is
    not. I say no more to not spoil the surprise.
    The music is pleasant, the game is never frustrating (if you can not go on is because you are using the wrong approach).
    But ... Well, I had very high expectations which were not supported by the game. Everyone talks about how this is the killer application for ps3. Sure it's nice, you spend funny moments and is the true "entertainment" (you are always asking yourself "how's it going forward"). But a masterpiece? I do not know, perhaps is because I come from the PC world where masterpieces are more numerous ...
    Some negative aspects? There are none, the initial loading is very long (even 3-4 minutes), but then the game does not load EVER, so you can end it up without ever even wait a few seconds. Great optimization and no bug. Well done Naughty Dog!
  6. Oct 15, 2014
    This game delivers in every way you'd expect from this genre. I was amazed at how attached I was to the characters and the story. (I actually care more about these characters than almost the entire crew of the walking dead)

The pacing, story telling, gameplay, graphics, everything here is top notch. I can't find a fault in this game at all. It just delivers.

The only downside is
    that the game is over now and I'm left waiting for the next installment. Expand
  7. Oct 13, 2014
    The Last of Us portrays the most gripping story-line any video game has presented in history - I highly doubt that any future video game will achieve a perfection above this of Naughty Dog's for many decades to come.
    The graphics are beyond perfection, and the music emphasizes emotion as excellent as the scripting and narrative do also.
    The game-play is crisp, although with the
    occasional AI confusion, there are countless hours to be had fearing the terrifying foes throughout your epic journey.
    10/10 - Ben Hazelden
  8. Oct 12, 2014
    This is one of my top ten games that I have played. it's got good graphics and an amazing story line, if you enjoyed the walking dead you would probably like the last of us too.
  9. Oct 9, 2014
    So then there was my review of the last of us. Completed twice got on release date and i almost regret it. For me this game is overrated i cannot see how this got higher then 8,5 max . You play as Joel in a post apocalyptic universe. And you task is to escort a girl named Ellie trough the US and find the fireflies. For me the overall story is one of naughty dog worst stories. And i have played all three uncharted games and jak and daxter games and some Crash Bandicoot. The story is bad, the characters development is however one of the few good points in this game. The game play is solid and the atmosphere is good. But what makes this games so bad for me was 1) it did not feel like a survival game , you had always enough ammo if you simply searched around, and it definitely did not feel like a horror game, The genre is action-adventure survival horror , and while i in some extent agree with survival i dont agree with horror. The game is very short , took me not more then 12 hrs to complete if not less, and you have actually no point to play it through more then once certainly not more then twice. So for me the cons was replay-abilities and that it didnt live up to my expectations perhaps is was because that the genre it was meant to be, and Joel somehow reminds me of Nathan Drake. The game play didnt do somethings new and the ai was pretty predictable is most cases , so i fell i can max give it a 7.2 Expand
  10. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is perfect. I love how it's not your average zombie game it's a lot more genius with the fungal infection. The story had me hooked since the opening, this is a game where you grow attached to the characters in a heart beat. The graphics are Amazing and the game design for every were beautifully made. This game makes you under stand how it feels to struggle with surviving. The controls are smooth and the only glitch I found was when Ellie turned invisible after the truck crashed and you only see her floating backpack that was funny to see. The fun part for me was the Easter eggs. Expand
  11. Oct 3, 2014
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game. but i was wrong!,this game is truly masterpiece,and probably my fav game of all times. The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!. The gameplay in this game is one best third person shooter gameplay ive ever played,you can craft items,do a stealth and use melee attack. the guns sound in this game is feels so real and also i love how the death animation feels so real and brutal

graphics... best grapchis on ps3 nuff say

I strongly recommend this game to peoples who had ps3

also I really love Ellie shes so cute :D
  12. Sep 28, 2014
    This game has great gameplay , great visual and art design. Great storyline best of 2013. Its so flawless.Its got great stealth gameplay and shows the skill of survival. The multiplayer is also pretty solid. The best game of 2013 and one of the best games of all time.
  13. TvH
    Sep 28, 2014
    The Last of Us is a beautiful and emotional journey that offers everything a survivor-horror needs; a powerful story, great atmosphere, excellent characters, and a balanced gameplay to top it all off. The Last of Us is one of the best PlayStation 3 games ever released.
  14. Sep 27, 2014
    there are a lot of people complaining about this game. Maybe angry x box fans,maybe unmedicated adhd suffers. It is not halo. it is not uncharted. it is not resident evil. These comparisons only serve to tell what the game isn't. Yes the beginning gameplay is a little slow like a movie, but it isnt a movie. I dont know what all the haters out there are looking for but something tells me all theyre looking for is something to hate on. The gameplay is intense, the graphics are stunning. its not too easy, its not too hard. im not a hardcore gamer so i didnt even notice any real ai glitches. Yes the characters are deep. the emotion can touch you. Its not your average game. if you want to be late for work, buy this game. If you want sore thumbs and your girlfriend to yell at you for ignoring her, buy this game. Very immersive. Expand
  15. Sep 26, 2014
    A riveting and touching storyline, coupled with excellent graphics, great controls, suspense and action. This game revitalizes the survival horror genre, akin to Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 when those games debuted. It is my choice for Game of the Year.
  16. Sep 25, 2014
    The most perfectly balanced story driven game I've yet played. Amazing story, plenty of action and activities, it has a very long, thoughtful and interesting plot, with great animation, character development and the combat is actually pretty awesome too.

I wish they had some better DLC right now, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on the future of this title.
  17. Sep 23, 2014
    EN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, be prepared for a new kind of game.

PT-BR: Poucos jogos na história ganharam tanta hype quanto The Last of Us, e menos ainda fizeram por merece-la. The Last of Us está entre esses. Ele é uma impecável expressão de arte e emoção através de um game violento entre as finas linhas de beleza e horror, inocência e brutalidade. Se essa história potente não teve nenhum impacto em você, eu não te entende. Se você ainda não jogou, esteja preparado pra uma nova espécie de jogo.
  18. Sep 20, 2014
    The fact that a game with a zombie theme can be so unique still surprises me. I was really confused about what I was feeling throughout the game. I especially loved the music, and the voice acting.
  19. Sep 20, 2014
    Best game of the decade, in my opinion. Amazing and original story line, and great character back stories. It helps you gain a bond towards the character and gets you more involved within the game and makes you feel like you are with them instead of controlling them. Totally worth buying, loved it. Ellie has a fun, not too serious character where as Joel is more controlling but kind. I like the way Joel takes time to warm up to Ellie and through out the game, trusts her more. Very emotional with amazing graphics! Expand
  20. Sep 19, 2014
    Brilliant game, one of my favourite games. Awesome story, deep feelings, awesome design, vfx. It's really true masterpiece.

+ hardcore & unique multiplayer

I bought TLOU for PS3 and PS4, because i really love this game

I love all of Naughty Dog's games
  21. Sep 16, 2014
    The main characters are really handsome and the people who did their voice,they are just amazing.The graphics are spectacular and the story is not original but still fun to play.
  22. Sep 15, 2014
    Oyundaki diyaloglar beni hayran birakti oyunun ortasina kadar pek keyif almamistim ama arabayla avcilarin baskinina ugradiktan sonraki bolumler cok keyifliydi bir kac tane bug vardi henry ve samle sehirden kacarken dusman binanin icine dustu olmustum :D kesinlikle oynanmasi gereken bir oyun oyunun ana menusunden bonuslar kisminda joel ve ellie kiyafet alabilirsiniz
  23. Sep 14, 2014
    I have to admit this is one of the best games I've ever played. Everything in this game is perfect: the music, the story, the characters, the atmosphere, environments, graphics, etc.., Joel and Ellie are some of the best characters ever. The story is excellent. Oh yes, let's not forget the really good multiplayer game.

If you have a PS3 you will be forced to play this masterpiece. If
    you do not have a PS3, this game is a reason to buy it. Expand
  24. Sep 14, 2014
    While it's game play may contain notable flaws, The Last Of Us is ultimately saved by it's beautiful soundtrack, breathtaking atmosphere, & tremendous story.
  25. Sep 13, 2014
    An above average story with below average gameplay. If I knew that this "game" was going to be this bad, I would've wasted my $70 on some worthless charity.
  26. Sep 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is a game that many people claim to be one of the greatest games in history based almost solely on a singular aspect of it -- its story. When you get down to it though, even the story is nothing that we haven't seen before, and does nothing to drastically change the landscape of future games. In other words, despite being a good and enjoyable game, it is not a "masterpiece." 10 years down the road, when people really take the time to think about what this game did for the video game industry, they will realize that it is not as glorious or revolutionary as the often-times polarized user reviews would say. Sure, it had a good story with some brilliant voice acting. Sure it had decent combat mechanics and great visuals. But did it do anything that we haven't seen before? Sadly, it did not. We've seen great voice performances in video games before. We've seen post apocalyptic survival (dare I say, "zombie") games with good stories before. We've seen great graphics before. Despite its good characteristics, this game did not provide any experience that made it dominate the other great games of the generation.

With all that being said, I am not trying to "bash" or "hate" on this game. Rather, I am trying to give a realistic representation of the experience that any casual, hardcore, or average gamer who has not played this game before can expect. Do not go into this game thinking that it will change your life - it won't. You will, however enjoy it for what it's worth.
  27. Sep 12, 2014
    Simply put, the best game ever made. Should be at the top of the list, GTAV, although a good game, should be second as it lacks a lot of stuff GTAIV had, Rockstar are MP benders and sold the SP short.
    The Last of Us was a defining moment in gaming and Naughty Dog are the kings of storytelling
  28. Sep 11, 2014
    Freaking awesome! Yeah i really would prefer a zombie apocalypse multiplayer but clearly that's even better. It's the best game i 've ever played. Great work Naughty Dog. We want The Last of Us 2 and this time release it on pc too
  29. Sep 11, 2014
    A must have game and truly the greatest of a generation, if not one of the best games of all time. The story and characters are amazing, the visuals are gorgrous, the gameplay is great and gives you lots of options how to approach everything. The atmosphere and immersion really pull you in and you will find yourself in some tense situations. This is survival horror done right, where you need to think about how you will use limited resources snd ammo. To top it all off, the multiplayer is really good, requiring teamwork, communication, and strategy along with skill Expand
  30. Sep 9, 2014
    This is the best game one the playstation 3. It is so amazing. The characters are deep, the gameplay good, music is good and I can't think of nothing negative about it.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]