8.5

1. Mar 4, 2014
    Story-wise this is another fantastic effort from Telltale and you won't here a complaint from me about it. I love how much more brutal the world seems. Everything is well written and a feeling of despair clings over the episode like a dark cloud. Where this episode disappoints me is in the same area the first did: The gameplay, or rather the lack thereof.

There are no puzzles to solve

There are no puzzles to solve and only a few quick time events that are over in seconds. For the most part your key form of interaction with this episode is just to sit back and occasionally push a button to select dialog. That's not exactly gameplay. I get that the story has always been the focus of Telltale games, but where are all the puzzles that that the first season had? When the game does ask you to do something like search the environment for a way to progress, there aren't any distractions to throw you off from what you are really supposed to find. The answer is clearly placed in front of you so that the episode can quickly get past any sort of gameplay in order to get right back into the cutscenes.

It's sad to see this series moving away from gameplay considering this is supposed to be a video game. I did feel like I was making an impact on how the story will turn out (despite a season 1 save glitch that imported my decisions wrong), and I am excited to see where the story goes from here. Truth be told the wait for the next episode is going to be unbearable as always, but considering I was watching WAY more than I was actually playing, I can't give this episode much praise from a gameplay perspective so that's why this episode doesn't receive a high score.

Overall I do recommend the episode to fans, because the story are just fantastic. There are also some tough decisions to be made here. In the end though it sad to see that this series is becoming less of a game and more of a TV show. I wonder how long it will be before Telltale starts taking decision making out of our hands and just have us paying for something we solely watch. Maybe i'm being over dramatic with that assumption, after all their "The Wolf Among Us" hasn't turned away from gameplay, but the lack of any real interaction outside of the story does make me worry. In closing this is a fantastic episode as far as story goes, but when viewed from a gameplay perspective, well, it's not really much of a game anymore.
  2. Mar 5, 2014
    I sure would love to play this game on Playstation 4... I'm sure this game is awesome, since I'm a fan of the original. I'll have to give it a 5 score for not making it available to gamers who spent their money to upgrade their system. I played the first season on XBOX 360, sold it because I'm sick of Microsoft, and went with Playstation 4 instead of XBOX One... now I'm penalized andI sure would love to play this game on Playstation 4... I'm sure this game is awesome, since I'm a fan of the original. I'll have to give it a 5 score for not making it available to gamers who spent their money to upgrade their system. I played the first season on XBOX 360, sold it because I'm sick of Microsoft, and went with Playstation 4 instead of XBOX One... now I'm penalized and unable to play a game I was really looking forward to. Episode 2 already out and I'm left behind... I'll update my grade once I can actually play it. Expand
  3. Mar 16, 2014
    Oh telltale I love you but you seem to make me want to hate you. The game is the usual great storytelling but telltales business practices are being called in to question and rightfully so. Massive delays in the release of this episode and a week delay in Europe and Australia are starting to annoy fans. Also episodes are getting way to short the first season episodes would last a few hoursOh telltale I love you but you seem to make me want to hate you. The game is the usual great storytelling but telltales business practices are being called in to question and rightfully so. Massive delays in the release of this episode and a week delay in Europe and Australia are starting to annoy fans. Also episodes are getting way to short the first season episodes would last a few hours the first two of season two maybe an hour and a half if that. With telltale announcing two new projects fans are becoming increasingly annoyed with telltale's delays and excuses. It hurt's to say this but so am I and it needs to be fixed soon for fans not to grow disinterested in the series.

The good- The usual great story.
    The bad- FAR TO SHORT.
    The ugly- Massive delays for EU and Australian gamers.

Verdict 7/10 Pretty good game
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    Easily one of the best episodes of the entire series just simply amazing writing and intensity. The game (and the TV show) is so much better when the zombies are not focused on and the human drama is really implemented. Michael Madsen does a tremendous job as the villain Carver and the ending is so crazy I easily want to replay it again just to see the different outcomes.

Any fan of

Any fan of Season 1 or the TV show needs to get the Season 2 pass because this is true entertainment and IMO at times beats out the TV show in terms of writing and character development. Also playing as a 11 year old girl in a zombie apocalypse is just great and Clementine herself is slowly becoming one of my all time video game characters, well done TellTale 10/10.

1. Play UK
    May 2, 2014
    An inferior entry in the series to its predecessor. [Issue#243, p.68]
  2. Among the most enjoyable episodes Telltale has released – it just doesn’t let you take ownership of events to the extent previous episodes did. A thrilling two hours rippling with tension, but interactivity is becoming marginalised in favour of an cinematic pacing. You won’t use the pad much – and you won’t care.
  3. Mar 22, 2014
    A lot more tense than the previous episode, with a nice balance between dialogue, action and looting. It's a bit shorter than we're used to, though the decrease in framerate issues more than makes up for it.