Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 PlayStation 3

3.8

1. Apr 3, 2013
    This game so far for me is a well polished classic golfing game. Controls are on point and extremely accurate. The analog stick tracking for swinging is extremely accurate.The PS Move works great with it also; very accurate. I will probably use the Move 50% of the time with this game. Online can be played with up to 24 players, and you can play ranked matches as well with I think up to 4This game so far for me is a well polished classic golfing game. Controls are on point and extremely accurate. The analog stick tracking for swinging is extremely accurate.The PS Move works great with it also; very accurate. I will probably use the Move 50% of the time with this game. Online can be played with up to 24 players, and you can play ranked matches as well with I think up to 4 players. Extra courses are optional buys, I opted not to do it but may buy a 4 pack for $10. One last point to make about the pricing is that this game contains 20 courses compared to last year's 16, so you are getting a better value than PGA 13 for sure.
    This is a realistic game and can be as hard or easy as you would like. There are many settings that can be changed for difficulty and personalization. All boosts can be bought with coins that can be earned in-game, so people making micro-transactions do not have the upper hand in online play.
    The graphics are great and the real time course weather as well as lighting during different times of day is on-point. Overall, I think this is a great game With many many hours of fun to be had.
    Note: I did not own any previous PGA Tour games, but I have played them.
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is getting an unfair shake. Other reviewers have given this game a 0 because it doesn't have a couple of features they wanted.

If you are like me and you haven't bought a Tiger game in a few years, it's well worth the price. Great game, great accuracy, and decent graphics. It has lots of options to adjust difficulty. Career mode is fun and challenging. My only con is

My only con is the load times are pretty slow.

Overall great game. Can't speak to those who bought last years and this years.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Aug 25, 2013
    There is a lot of reading material if you are interested in some of golf's most legendary feats, but you can stow away any hopes of seeing such performances in the game itself. Tiger Woods PGA Tours seems to be desperate for the next generation. [May 2013, p.92]
  2. Play UK
    May 27, 2013
    As always, one for the dedicated. [Issue#231, p.83]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 21, 2013
    If you’ve never played a golfing game before this would be a great place to start. It’s packed with a great introduction to the sport, dozens of hours of content, and there’s few things more satisfying than rocking up to the 18th one stroke behind, only to sink an astounding 35-metre chip for the tournament win. [June 2013, p79]