TimeShift PlayStation 3

6.2

1. Jul 17, 2014
    Timeshifts graphics for its time were great and has a good set up but it commits the worst offense its boring. The gameplay at first seems cool but it gets repetitive and the story is the weakest part of the game. This guy wants to kill you because..... you need a villain. You reverse, pause, and slow time but you do it over and over again it get boring. It even has some very easy puzzlesTimeshifts graphics for its time were great and has a good set up but it commits the worst offense its boring. The gameplay at first seems cool but it gets repetitive and the story is the weakest part of the game. This guy wants to kill you because..... you need a villain. You reverse, pause, and slow time but you do it over and over again it get boring. It even has some very easy puzzles that last 2 seconds. you get a few guns them being a pistol, flame pistol, crossbow, assault rifle, missile launcher, shotgun, and even a fire rifle. but you kill the same enemies over and over maybe get a special enemy but way to few. Also I think at some point your guy lost his vocal cords because he very says a word. Multiplayer is a ghost world it has standard game modes and time grenades but in the end there's not much special one time. I literally feel asleep playing this Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2013
    Timeshift is a decent shooter, with some interesting time-manipulating abilities. However, the graphics are not too great, and the timeshifting becomes boring because of the repetitive and linear gameplay, not to mention the story, which is a great mess.
  3. Jan 21, 2013
    I have owned this game since 2008 and recently decided to play it through again, initially the control scheme felt alien to me after other shooters like far cry 3 and call of duty but after about 10 minutes it all made sense. I had forgotten how good it is to stop time and fire a shotgun at an enemy's head then go behind him and watch his head get blown off from another angle or steal anI have owned this game since 2008 and recently decided to play it through again, initially the control scheme felt alien to me after other shooters like far cry 3 and call of duty but after about 10 minutes it all made sense. I had forgotten how good it is to stop time and fire a shotgun at an enemy's head then go behind him and watch his head get blown off from another angle or steal an enemy's weapon and stick a grenade to his back then watch his reaction before blowing up and killing his friends... Fun fun fun. If you have the time and a spare ten bucks go get this game from the bargain table and enjoy. 8 for the fun factor plus a 2 for value for money. Collapse
  4. Apr 27, 2012
    TimeShift owns Battlefield and CoD in its own way. Did you know Sabre Interactive was talking about a second game? Shame they wasted their resources on Battle: Los Angelos. For really though TimeShift is unique game unlike these modern shooters, if there was a TS2 it WOULD be alot better then bf/cod. I swear this is the ONLY game on PS3 that I have played the mostTimeShift owns Battlefield and CoD in its own way. Did you know Sabre Interactive was talking about a second game? Shame they wasted their resources on Battle: Los Angelos. For really though TimeShift is unique game unlike these modern shooters, if there was a TS2 it WOULD be alot better then bf/cod. I swear this is the ONLY game on PS3 that I have played the most hours with for the story and the multi-player. The only issues I saw with the game was some frame rate drops and sound glitching other then that it still owns!!! TiMEshiFT >ALL! Expand
  5. BrettNeff
    Mar 5, 2008
    I thought this game was excellent and was rather puzzled by the reviews and ratings it received. I found it to be a solid shooter from start to finish and can only hope that the developers won't look too hard at the disappointing ratings because I will be first in line to buy the next one.
  6. MasJ.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Graphics are decent and the concept of time travel is interesting, however, the game is far too dark and linear. I could not force myself to play past the first few missions, there are far too many other great titles out there.
  7. JalexD.
    Jan 27, 2008
    It's very fun most of the time, but the frustrating moments happen too frequently to make this a truly great game. Still a great concept, though.
  8. T.R.
    Jan 12, 2008
    A great game with great graphics and an ok gameplay,time shifting is also an innovative thing. Though the game would be better with better AI with enemies and more realistic killing like headshot:dead enemy,but it takes like 3-4 bullets to headshot some.
  9. SimonG
    Dec 6, 2007
    This game deserves a better score, and you can say i dont know what im going on about, but i know i do... right lets make this short, this game is freaking awesome, not tryed single player yet but multiplayer is fantastic and a nice change, the time bubbles and guns make this game. im giving this a 9/10(no game is ever a 10 because all games can be improved on somewhere)basically its a This game deserves a better score, and you can say i dont know what im going on about, but i know i do... right lets make this short, this game is freaking awesome, not tryed single player yet but multiplayer is fantastic and a nice change, the time bubbles and guns make this game. im giving this a 9/10(no game is ever a 10 because all games can be improved on somewhere)basically its a must on ps3... go buy it. Expand
  10. GreyM.
    Nov 29, 2007
    The concept of this game is interesting but the game play is boring. It takes way too many shots to the head to kill someone. Online multiplayer was ridiculous, it takes very little skill. Just a bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off aimlessly firing and time bubbles everywhere. In short I want my money back.
  11. DemisH.
    Nov 20, 2007
    A very well crafted FPS with a fine twist in gameplay thanks to the time shifting mechanic. Though the art design is a bit too colourless and uninspired for my taste, I really hope for a sequel to this game because time shifting is quite an interesting concept that needs to be expanded.
  12. BrianJ.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Very impressive! What a fun looking at meat piecies stopped in time!!!
  13. Jan 21, 2013

1. The epitome of mediocrity; it brings a few nice features with it, but ultimately adds nothing to the very crowded first-person shooter segment. Its A.I. is absurdly dumb, but requires more than a fair share of bullets to kill.
    A great deal of work was done to bring the look and feel of TimeShift up to date, though an equal amount of time should have been spent on the design and presentation.
  3. It doesn’t make TimeShift a bad game, it edges slightly above average thanks to the time powers.