7.1

1. Apr 28, 2014
    This game would be perfect... if it didn't have as much puzzles. i HATE puzzles. on the other hand, the combat is really fun, and the new ' hanging and shooting' mechanic is great. All that is bad is the puzzles. I can't really say much else.
  2. Sep 23, 2011
    This game takes one step forward and two giant leaps back. I'll get the positive things out of the way first, the grappling hook behaves much better than previous games, the graphics are quite good (when still) and there are some genuinely clever puzzles to be solved. Now for the bad stuff... the camera almost never wants to cooperate with you, the frame rate stutters frequently, theThis game takes one step forward and two giant leaps back. I'll get the positive things out of the way first, the grappling hook behaves much better than previous games, the graphics are quite good (when still) and there are some genuinely clever puzzles to be solved. Now for the bad stuff... the camera almost never wants to cooperate with you, the frame rate stutters frequently, the controls for the platforming segments are clumsy and broken, the combat is still terrible (as it was in previous games) put all those things together and you have one bad game. Despite pretty graphics and clever puzzles, the poor execution of the other gameplay elements prevented me from enjoying this game. Expand

1. While it doesn’t propel the series forward to new heights, Underground is certainly an exciting and challenging Tomb Raider game worthy of Lady Croft’s sizeable talents.
  2. The more I played the game, the more frustrated I got with the camera, controls, and collision detection. Had those technical issues been resolved, Eidos would've had a great game on their hands.
  3. I still don’t understand how Lara can use her guns underwater or why she insists on kicking priceless vase’s, but niggles aside Tomb Raider Underworld is actually pretty fun in places. It’s just a shame that this so called update was is so horrendously out of date in comparison to something like Uncharted which trounces Underworld at every turn.