Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Mar 16, 2013
    Pretty bad when this "remake" feels more like a parody. Missing most features from the original two games such as levels, skaters, multi-player, and create-a-skater. Heck, even most of the animations are missing. When you fall off your skate board you sort of lay there, and the screen flashes white and resets. I would have rather had bought the original game, HD be damned.
  2. Sep 8, 2012
    Ouch, I've been double stung by this game. I put many of the xbox versions flaws down to the controls and took a chance on the PS3 version due to the lack of a demo for it. Unbelievably this is actually worse than the xbox version. The framerate is abysmal at times, something that was not a problem on the xbox version and the sluggish control responses and general slowness persist. AnOuch, I've been double stung by this game. I put many of the xbox versions flaws down to the controls and took a chance on the PS3 version due to the lack of a demo for it. Unbelievably this is actually worse than the xbox version. The framerate is abysmal at times, something that was not a problem on the xbox version and the sluggish control responses and general slowness persist. An absolutely horrible attempt at an HD remake. Expand
  3. Sep 22, 2012
    It looks worse than the original ps-one version (of THPS 2 at least), it handles worse than the original... I don't really have anything positive to say about this game. If you want to relive the glory days of THPS 2, I suggest you go to a gamestore and see if you can find the original psone game there. It'll be a lot more satisfying to play than the remake.

1. Dec 26, 2012
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is a good, but not great, nostalgia trip for those who fell in love with the series when it debuted.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Oct 9, 2012
    In the harsh light of modernity, this just [whisper it] doesn't seem that great any more. [Nov 2012, p.105]
  3. Play UK
    Oct 2, 2012
    It's a joyous trip down memory lane for the most part but the closer you look, the more grey hairs you see. [Issue#223, p.85]