5.9

1. May 22, 2011
    Firstly, you can add me if you want, but my copy of Tron is a rental. I'll buy my own copy as soon as I can, because this game is awesome online!

The single player is somewhat 'meh' so far, but it's great practice (and XP) for multiplayer, and it really does have some memorable battles. The entire game is focused around acrobatic parkour mixed with equally coordinated skirmishes, and although it's possible to fall off high places and die a little too often in the single player, checkpoints are plentiful, so a fall won't set you back more than a minute. As an added feature, the character that you upgrade in single player can be taken into online multiplayer sessions!

The part of the game I really enjoy is the multiplayer. There aren't a ton of maps, but you don't even really notice. The fluid, lightening fast duels and lightcycle battles are the real focus, not the maps. These battles are very fast-paced, with multiple combos that are usually short and easy to remember. Backflips, melee, and ranged combat are all integrated seamlessly into the fights, and it's very common for players to resemble choreographed combatants in a movie, rather than just people holding dualshock controllers.

As impressive as the on-foot combat is, the lightcycle battles are even more unique, and just as fun. I'm sure most people reading this know what lightcycles are and how you kill things with them, so I'll skip the analysis and go straight to gameplay mechanics. You can choose from a variable 'close' or 'far' camera, depending on your preference. In these lightcycle battles, you can choose to ride your lightcycle, or go on foot at any time. Much of the steering is controlled with the analogs, but for sharp 90 degree turns you can also use R1 and L1. The lightcycle arenas are quite large, and take a while to traverse even going mind-bendingly fast, and the teams can struggle for control of a single tank in the map, adding a wild card.

Both on foot and while riding lightcycles, combat is a lot of fun, and the art style doesn't disappoint. It's very clearly a Tron game. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to call this one of the best movie games I've ever played, maybe even the absolute best.

In general, Tron Evolution is an interesting journey into the grid, mixed with fast, hard-hitting combat, and one of the most innovative online components I've seen in years. In a market flooded with cloned, drab shooters, Tron really stands out for its willingness to turn the online multiplayer market on its head, and redefines what team deathmatches can be. At least rent this game. You should know within three or four hours of play (including multiplayer), if you like the game, or if you'd prefer to microwave it.
  2. Jul 2, 2011
    a very good game from my opinion because it has a good story line and the online play is one of the best of all. could have a better reasoning for being rated T and could have you play on both sides of the story. Also more weapons during online would be cool but for me i'd give this game a 9/10 score. (Or 99/100.)
  3. Jan 7, 2011
    Let me start my multiplayer rant with this message: PSN: sutherland604 add me, lets battle on The Grid.

After reading/watching most of the reviews online for Tron: Evolution I have noticed they barely mention the multiplayer aspects of the game. The game by no means re-created the wheel with their online modes, but I find it to be a welcomed change from the overload of 1st person shooters online. As much fun as rolling into cover behind an abandoned Hummer on the war torn streets of Cuba with a loaded automatic rifle is, I fully enjoyed grabbing my light disc and going into The Grid.

By now you have probably already read a review or two that talks about how the game is a chapter in the TRON saga that takes place somewhere between the events of the 1982 TRON film and the 2010 release of Tron: Legacy. With parkour inspired mobility and combat, full 3D support on the PS3 as well as support for the Playstaion Move on light cycle levels. My review isnâ

1. May 24, 2011
    The game is too hard and many parts of it are too frustrating. The controls in Tron: Evolution are a total mess. Why is there a multiplayer in this game?
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    When you have seen the TRON movie, than you'll will appreciate this game. It got a few pretty strong and nice elements, but besides of that there is also a lot of frustrating elements. It isn't really bad, but it could have been a lot better.
  3. Feb 7, 2011
    Tron: Evolution is a game that has so much going for it, but lets itself down at the last hurdle. With average combat and poorly designed free running, the game ultimately redeems itself in the story.