• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 14, 2012
7.7

1. Nov 11, 2013
    THE GOOD: The single player has a couple levels that are fun enough that you can play them multiple times. It gives a reasonable challenge with a controls scheme that works. The Story mode has cool stories that go through each of the main characters. Maps are large with lots of stuff that is destroyable. Single player boss battles can be fun to fight.

THE BAD: The single player is
    hugely lacking in content and is not particularly very long. The game lacks many characters that were in previous Twisted Metal titles. Graphically, it looks dull. Online just isn't really worth playing. Connection issues are constant and its annoying to wait such a long time for matches that can be short. There are some glitches that can be annoying as well. And sometimes the game just isn't fun to play at all

Its was good to see Sweet Tooth and others return, but it just didn't live up to the hype that it was given, due to its barebones experience both online and offline. SKIP IT! But at least I can get my hopes up that Twisted Metal on the PS4 will be a better game.
  2. May 20, 2013
    me arrepiento de haberme comprado ese juego, la historia solo es acerca de 3 personajes, el modo online sufre de mucho LAG, además se bugea constantemente al utilizar ciertas armas, incluso offline, si realizas un tiempo en modo de 1 jugador solo se sube a la estadística de los servidores la que hiciste por primera vez, si repites la misión y mejoras el tiempo este ultimo no lo reporta, además trofeos glicheados, Expand
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    Wow twisted metal really f***d up this time.. challenges are horribly done...run up a fukin hill just to catch
    A lightbulb....really??? I believe i gave this piece of **** a fair score because of the cool graphics....good
    Ridance...
  4. May 4, 2012
    Garbage just garbage as a fan of Twisted Metal from 1 all the way thru TM:Black the only way to describe this is awful. Nothing is good about it. Singleplayer is cheap, its so called racing is the worst ever, while online is unbalanced beyond belief.
  5. Apr 17, 2012
    Eat Sleep Play had an opportunity to take a unique and beloved franchise into bolder, fuller territory with this release but it seems as if they should have left Twisted Metal in the good graces they placed it in with Black. With an unpolished interface, a humorously bad soundtrack (aside from the main theme), fidgety controls, and an underemphasis on horror and character, this iteration on TM is just a shell of it's former self. There is no longer any weight behind the motivation for the drivers to murder one another because instead of each vehicle harboring it's own theme with a driver to accompany it, they give us bland and absurd "factions" to run along side the incredibly lame and sparse versions of past TM favorites like Mr. Grimm and Dollface. Your opponents are as faceless as the online enemies Eat Sleep Play wants you to only focus on with this installment. The campaign is silly and nonsensical and dark as it should be, but it is tinged by a rushed feeling, with hastily produced live action sequences and poor acting. The gameplay and level design are solid but certain campaign sequences are frustrating to maneuver at best. If you are looking for a decent car combat game and nothing else, check out Twisted Metal...but if you are looking to get the new Twisted Metal in hopes that you'll be returned to it's one-of-a-kind sick pulp horror style, stay far away. Expand
  6. Apr 4, 2012
    This game was promising, but alas, they found a way to screw up this classic. Everything about this game is horrible. Not even worth a rent, because you won't be able to play the online half of the game without purchasing an online pass for 10 dollars.
  7. Mar 25, 2012
    anyone who gives this game over 5 must have super down syndrome, this game was **** awful. Twisted metal was all about the single player and the single player in this game was total garbage, the stories were full of holes and stupid.
  8. Feb 29, 2012
    Back on the PS2 we had Twisted Metal Black and it was pretty fun - luckily we rented this game instead of purchasing it - if it was a $10 download then I'd buy it. I'm sure it gets better the longer you play but I thought the graphics were not up to par, the story was cheesy and the gameplay mechanics. Even though we had it for a couple days it was only played for a couple of hours. If you are interested in this game - do what I did - rent it first. When I look at all the extremely positive reviews here I wonder - did Redbox give us the wrong game? Expand
  9. Feb 19, 2012
    Twisted metal has potential but I don't think it should be sold at the price it's currently at. Bad controls, crappy story and bugged multiplayer made my turn my PS3 off and never play this game again, at least not until it's fixed. I don't see why so many people are giving it a 10 with the standard of games that are coming out these days this game doesn't deserve a 5 imo
  10. Feb 16, 2012
    Sloppy controls and bad physics hamper this half complete game. Where the hell are all the characters that made this game so fun to play? A complete mess. I can't believe they released the game in this condition. Don't waste your money folks.
  11. Feb 16, 2012
    The game looked promising, but fell short. Going into it, I really felt like I was going to re-live the Twisted Metal Black days. Sadly, I did not. There is no longer individual stories for every character. There is no story at all in this game. You can ONLY play as 3 characters and the live action cut scenes look cool, but don't do the game any justice. The game feels so bad, like you drive in a straight line. You have no versatility. The controls are clunky and complex and every new area is the same thing over and over and over with a new set of rules in an attemp to make the game harder. One of the biggest disapointments I've had in a while. Save yourself the time and money, pass this one up. It sucks. Expand
  12. Feb 14, 2012
    The car combat genre died for a reason. Awful controls. Terrible game modes. Laughable voice acting. It looks like a late PS2 or early PS3 launch title. Pretty obvious why Jaffe jumped ship before this game was even released.

1. Aug 20, 2012
    Twisted Metal isn't perfect, but most gamers will enjoy this game regardless of genre-loyalty. Twisted Metal is one of the most rewarding multiplayer experiences a gamer can have.
    An old school and tough "demolition" game with obsolete graphics and few choices yet enjoyable – mostly thanks to the dynamic multiplayer mode. [Apr 2012]
  3. Apr 17, 2012
    Although the game has some obvious issues, mainly the controls and the over-the-top difficulty level, the game sure has some character. Fast paced shooter/racer is a great way to get rid of stress. The network game is pure adrenaline packed fun. [Apr 2012]