Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing orThis game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing or they're just saying that because they're 360 fanboys. The Graphics, Story, and everything about it are excellent. This game deserves all of the awards and hype, and it's WAY better and more original than COD and most other games. This game was so good, that I kept playing it to get the platinum trophy, and I've never done that to any other game before. I finished it 3 times and loved every second of it. Now I'm done with the Single Player. Now onto the Multiplayer. Sure, it has some problems, actually lots of problems, but the core gameplay is really fun and unique. These problems will probably be fixed in the next game, and I will definitely be getting that. I HIGHLY recommend you get this game, as it's the best game I've ever played(and I've played a lot). Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was one of the best games on the PlayStation 3 and of 2007. The story and characters were excellent, the visuals were outstanding and the gunplay and platforming elements were satisfying. Not only did it raise the bar for visuals, but it also spawned the start of what would be a successful franchise. Enter Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog'sUncharted: Drake's Fortune was one of the best games on the PlayStation 3 and of 2007. The story and characters were excellent, the visuals were outstanding and the gunplay and platforming elements were satisfying. Not only did it raise the bar for visuals, but it also spawned the start of what would be a successful franchise. Enter Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog's highly-anticipated sequel. With an impressive track record that dates back to the successful PlayStation franchise Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted 2 brought anticipation as well as expectation - Would it deliver, and more importantly, could it possibly get any better than it's predecessor? Absolutely. Uncharted 2 is a magnificent experience, a highly-exciting blend of extremely pacey action cinema and wonderous drama and, without a question, the best game of 2010 and absolutely of the best action games of all time.

The game is set roughly two years after Drake's Fortune. Protagonist Nathan Drake returns and, after meeting supporting characters Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer and discussing elements of the lost treasure of Marco Polo and the remnant fleets that go along with that legend, Drake agrees and they set off on a grand adventure that traverses street level, savannah and even snow environments. There are also some surprises in store that are certainly not going to be spoiled here.

Firstly, the story is fresh, brilliantly pre-concepted and superbly executed. The way Naughty Dog tells the story is suspensful and exciting. The cut-scenes are excellently shot and edited and feature some superb, witty writing and dialogue. The cast do a phenomenal job from a VO standpoint, which is becoming uncommon regarding recent lacklustre VO releases.

Of course Uncharted 2 is a retail game and shall be judged in every department, but the most absolutely anticipated aspect of the sequel lies in it's technical values and visual design. To be honest, each console has it's great game of visual merit. Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2 and now, Uncharted 2 for the PlayStation 3. The visuals here are absolutely impeccable, with jaw-dropping lighting, textures and water effects. The character animations are phenomenal and the cut-scenes are mesmerizing. It gives the game a great interactive, movie-like feel which brings in more intensity. The art direction will be talked about years from now and the draw distance and particle effects are incredible. Visuals seriously cannot possibly get any better than this. Naughty Dog has raised the bar again.

The sound effects are brilliant and the score is great, though overdone at times. The roaring pieces playing throughout intense firefights add to the tension, the great Tibetan music playing during said sequences are beautifully-arranged and the main theme is again memorable.

The gameplay is noticeably familiar to Drake's Fortune and will be both comfortable and instantly recognisable with gamers who played through Nate's first adventure. The gunplay is fleshed out slightly more with regards to additional features and weapons. Miniguns can be manned, gunfire is more effective from cover and the stealth sections are great and work perfectly within that theme. The AI, both friendly and hostile, is much more improved, thanks in part due to improved physics and environmental structuring. The level design now allows Drake to traverse more high places such as rooftops and ledges, and the AI will now respond more intelligently to your location. Friendly AI will also shoot with you and assist in covering you. On higher difficulties especially, AI vastly increases.

Naughty Dog has again included great amounts of bonus features - From treasures (now increased from sixty to one hundred), lots of medals that are tied to trophies (though sadly they remain near-identical) and lots of cheats, skins and gallery content that can be purchased using in-game money via obtaining medals.

Multiplayer is a new feature to Uncharted this time around, and it is fantastic. 10 people fight it out through 5 vs 5 gunfights across different incredibly-designed maps and lots of variety in their modes. Deathmatch is the most common and the way to go, but there are also other instances such as survival modes where up to three players can fend off waves of enemies, collecting gold and returning it to a location and capture the flag and territorial modes for even more intense play. There is also Co-op, where said three players can participate in missions garnered from levels of the single player campaign, though with different objectives and different sections of the level.

Overall, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an amazing game. It's great story excites, it's visuals are groundbreaking and the gunplay is again satisfying and greatly improved. The multiplayer is an excellent addition. This is a must-buy.
  3. Mar 9, 2011
    Easily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on CrushingEasily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on Crushing in 10 hours 47 minutes which was a great accomplishment. Your weapon choice a kinda big variety from rpg-7 to m4 to mk-ndi and so on. It gives a challenge because some people are harder to kill than others like the gau gunners and Shambahla guardians. The character choice for online is wide whether your a heroe or villian. So stop reading this, find $30 and go buy Uncharted 2. Expand
  4. Mar 6, 2011
    Can't believe all these 360 fanboys giving this game 0 out of ten, its a perfect ten from me and the best game of this gen so far, everything about this game is first class, graphics, gameplay, story and sound, they even added a fun multiplayer, while not as addictive as call of duty, its a good first attempt.
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task beating this with the sequel but if anyone can do it its Naughty Dog 10/10
  5. Mar 3, 2011
    Basically, I only have one thing to say about this game and its prequel... Best movie I've seen in a lone time. Both feel like you are watching an action movie, while at the same time allow you to play a game. Even the online multiplayer is an action-packed blockbuster. If you have any doubts about this game, cast them aside, you won't need them where you're going.
  6. Mar 1, 2011
    SImply astonishing, Uncharted 2: AMong thieves is a title that is unquestionably the best exclusive on the ps3 and one of the best games in the history of video gaming hands down. the gripping action is incredibly enthralling that it is almost as if the events of this story actually occurred, all from the comfort of your living. Make no mistake about it, this is one of the best games toSImply astonishing, Uncharted 2: AMong thieves is a title that is unquestionably the best exclusive on the ps3 and one of the best games in the history of video gaming hands down. the gripping action is incredibly enthralling that it is almost as if the events of this story actually occurred, all from the comfort of your living. Make no mistake about it, this is one of the best games to have ever been created and released and people who criticize the games entirety aren't credible sources. I hardly give out 10's, and although this game isn't necessarily perfect, it is about as close to perfection as your going to get. Expand
  7. Feb 27, 2011
    At this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negativeAt this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negative reviews can be written off as bias, even if they are not. Expand
  8. Feb 26, 2011
    The good- The graphics are the best in gaming.Period.Everything is shown with INCREDIBLE detail. The sound,music,and voice acting are great, and writing is funny. Gameplay is fun, tight, and gets your heart pumping. The story is, for the most part, is good. The bad- It's just to short. 7 hours, and I had no intention of coming back. The story was just a little confusing, and at one point IThe good- The graphics are the best in gaming.Period.Everything is shown with INCREDIBLE detail. The sound,music,and voice acting are great, and writing is funny. Gameplay is fun, tight, and gets your heart pumping. The story is, for the most part, is good. The bad- It's just to short. 7 hours, and I had no intention of coming back. The story was just a little confusing, and at one point I had no idea what was going on. Overall- The Game,while overrated, is very good. If you own a PS3, rent first. Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the closest thing to a perfect game available right now. The gameplay is fun. It uses a good shooting and cover system. Its visually stunning with some excellent set pieces. The writing and voicing are the best i've seen. The pacing of the game makes it constantly entertaining. A must have.
  10. Feb 21, 2011
    this game is outstanding, you can't even compare this to "COD". The graphics are amazing, the controls are decent, the story is amazing, the online gameplay is amazing, the maps are amazing, and its overall a lot more fun than call of duty black ops and modern warfare.
  11. Feb 21, 2011
    I cant believe that i havent gave a review about this yet, this game is amazing the graphics, story, voice acting, online, graphics, story, voice acting and the online. Yes i know that i have put the good points twice but thats how good it is.

Cant wait for U3 :)
  12. Feb 16, 2011
    This game is a fantastic game for the PlayStation 3. IN DEPTH- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an incredible sequel to 2007's Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is deservingly received game of the year. Continue reading to see it reviewed in depthâ
  13. Feb 4, 2011
    Quite the lot we have here don't we? Giving this game a 10 because well.. it's pretty awesome, a must play, and there are far too many Gears of War, COD, and just sorry xbox 360 fanboys trying to downplay a nearly perfect game with undeserving low review scores.
  14. Jan 25, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Best game on the PS3 so far. Can't fault the single player campaign, the story's good, the characters dialogue is captivating and witty. I think there are 2 things that make this game standout from the rest. Firstly the amount of intense moments in the game where the unexpected happens, and secondly the online co-op modes - definitely worth a shot if you get this game.
  15. Jan 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has improved and expanded gameplay from the first, an excellent hollywood story, perfect graphics, amazing sound design, a lengthy single player, and an awesome multiplayer. Uncharted 2 has a heart for story, and loads of entertainment for gamers. Simply a masterpiece. Don't miss out.
  16. Jan 19, 2011
    Ignore ANY bad review they are probably just 360 fanboys who have not even played the game. I used own to all three consoles, this may just be the best game on all three.
  17. Jan 16, 2011
    This game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. IThis game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. I can't wait for Uncharted 3. Expand
  18. Jan 16, 2011
    This is 2011, and guess what Uncharted 2 is better than ever. Earlier this year an new multiplayer game was launched. Well, anyways I gave this game full marks because the problems are tiny, technical errors. The ony microscopic defect of this game is that the camera just goes out of focus. So what!? Big deal one minor error, every game has one. But on the plus side, I'd need a whole bookThis is 2011, and guess what Uncharted 2 is better than ever. Earlier this year an new multiplayer game was launched. Well, anyways I gave this game full marks because the problems are tiny, technical errors. The ony microscopic defect of this game is that the camera just goes out of focus. So what!? Big deal one minor error, every game has one. But on the plus side, I'd need a whole book to write everything down. Firstly, on single player, the graphics are impeccable, not even a minor detail is overlooked. The story is gripping till the very last second, all its twists and turns are really make you feel as if you are in the story. The fire fights are intense, and the stealth attacks are really awesome.
    For multiplayer I can only say two words; Awesome and Addictive. The scenarios where the matches are held are really breath-taking. But if you admire the view for two long you might end up with 20 bullets in your back. The mechanics are really similar to single player: you've got guns, stealth attacks and melee fights.
    My parting words: this is a super game that will never die. It is an excellent game and will remain like this.
  19. Jan 15, 2011
    to call this game overrated is to show only ignorance in gaming. if you dont like this game you dont like games. there have been defining games in generations like half life for pc in 2004 or mario bros in the late 80s. It really comes down to this, where are gamers in the time of uncharted? the game is smooth like no other, it flows with a subtle sense of assurity that you cannot denyto call this game overrated is to show only ignorance in gaming. if you dont like this game you dont like games. there have been defining games in generations like half life for pc in 2004 or mario bros in the late 80s. It really comes down to this, where are gamers in the time of uncharted? the game is smooth like no other, it flows with a subtle sense of assurity that you cannot deny it. I cannot push this game enough. To call it overrated would only show that you are someone who does not appreciate gaming as an art. You cannot see the work and effort that went into making it. people who say it is a tomb rainder remake or copy are right, but to not see influence and think it can be made better is a lacking vision often showing its ugly face in our society because many do not have an opinion of there own and simply want to rebel against the masses even if the masses are right. be an idividual losers, and anyone thinking of trying it, please do! please do! Expand
  20. Jan 14, 2011
    6 Words = The Greatest Game of all Time! Graphics are stunning, both Single player and Multiplayer! The Story is one of the best! Cut Scenes look amazing! Game play is better than ever, and has one of the only Multiplayers I ever use! Anyone who says this is bad has never played it or is a x - box fanboy! My only 10/10 ever goes to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  21. Jan 12, 2011
    This game is amazing. Action packed gameplay, cutscenes. The gameplay has so mush action that its like a hollywood movie. Controls are excellent, story is great, voice acting is top-notch and the graphics as well. This is a must own for PS3 owners.
  22. Jan 9, 2011
    There aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from theThere aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from the Story to the game play and to the presentation is top notch. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune introduced the core game play and the exploration techniques which are included in this game but with a few tweaks and bumps this part is able top the former.

The Story line was expected to be immerse, anything less was going to be disappointing. Thankfully that is not the case and there are hardly any other games available that focus so much on the plot than this one. From the beginning second the player is curious to know what exactly the situation is and from there it varies from a cat and mouse chase to an exhilarating journey to to uncover the biggest secret that can change the whole course of the world. By getting into the specifics the game starts out by showing a hurt and injured Drake trapped in a train, after escaping narrowly flashback reveal how he had gotten there. Fresh from his adventures from El dorado Drake is visited by an old acquaintance Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer, whom Drake might or not already have an old connection with. After being persuaded to join them in finding out and taking the treasure from Marco Polo's lost ship's, Drake soon finds out that there is more going around. He soon learns that an evil warlord is also after Marco Polo's ships but for a different reason which eventually thrusts Nate into the game as well leading him to try and save the world from the impending consequences. He is not alone, however, returning are Drake's friend and Mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan and old flame Elena Fisher. Also an integral part being offered by Chloe, this is one tale that will definitely make players go through the campaign mode at least a few more times after the initial finish.

Being a complete package of a game, Uncharted 2 is host to some refreshing game play. Like before Drake has to fight off the baddies that stick to him. Naturally the best weapons are his variety of guns although hand to hand combat is also helpful more times than not. Guns feature the classic machine guns, revolvers and sniper rifles while in some crucial points Missile launchers and grenades become extremely helpful. As the main aspect of combat is full of shooting, cover is necessary. You will find yourself taking cover in almost about every fight.
    Uncharted 2 boasts some of the best graphics ever seen on the PlayStation 3 or any other console to that matter. Everything is simply beautiful and it seems as if it gets better and better as you go on. The game seems to entice the player which encourages you to keep on playing. Its not your classic green scenery, the game takes you around the urban streets and offers spectacular sights of the city, the taking you to snow filled mountains and caves with gorgeous sights to see. The attention to detail is simply excellent, you'll see birds flying or nestling among the tress, even bullets are distinguishable . Running in the mountains will get snow all over you or swimming will get you wet. This is all only in game, the cut scenes offer their own pleasure, All the characters feel real making the game seem more like a movie at these points. Adding even more life is the acting by the characters, Nolan North is at his unparalleled best with Drake and the supporting characters, especially the main villain, all help in making the atmosphere believable and at times pleasant.

Achieving Perfection may be impossible but Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a hell of an attempt at it. One that will have everyone anxiously waiting for the next part. Naughty Dog's already respectable reputation will undoubtedly flourish for anyone that plays this game. It is impossible to own a PlayStation 3 and not buy this game, Superb Troys, Exhilarating Multiplayer, Great Visuals and Solid acting makes this one for the ages.
  23. Jan 1, 2011
    I have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best actionI have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best action movie ever made with characters and a story that unfolds at a suberb pace. Everythings not thrown at you from the start and it doesn't take forever to get going. The challenge is not without difficulty but never frustrating. Plenty of weapon choices to cater to any style player and many levels can be played without alerting a single guard if thats what you enjoy. Playing and beating all the harder modes, I can't find one thing wrong with this game. And just to boot, the player collects rewards that can be used on subsequent playthroughs. As if just playing the game again is not fun enough. If you own a PS3, you don't want this game, you NEED this game. Expand
  24. Dec 28, 2010
    Sit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are youSit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are you listening.) Don't botch it by trying to be too different, its like footy- unbroken so why fix it? A great game all you need and more. Expand
  25. Dec 26, 2010
    This is the best console game to date period... graphics, story, voice acting, action. One of the best gaming experiences to be had bar none. I did think the multiplayer was fun but didn't have lasting appeal like some of the other FPS online experiences. That is the only reason this is not 100... :) I'd give it a 96 out of 100 subtracting only for the lack of real depth to theThis is the best console game to date period... graphics, story, voice acting, action. One of the best gaming experiences to be had bar none. I did think the multiplayer was fun but didn't have lasting appeal like some of the other FPS online experiences. That is the only reason this is not 100... :) I'd give it a 96 out of 100 subtracting only for the lack of real depth to the multiplayer but the single player stands alone as one of the greats of all time. As many have said before it is like playing in a real action movie and if you like action at all you will love this game. Expand
  26. Dec 19, 2010
    Great game but i've been playing this game for about 6 hours and i'm already on chapter 22 and i've heard it's only 25 chapters long, wich leaves me thinking It lasts a lot less than I expected. that's a bad thing but i guess i will play it a second time at least because it's a good game, anyway that's just one of the gripes i have with the game, another thing that bugs me is how i don'tGreat game but i've been playing this game for about 6 hours and i'm already on chapter 22 and i've heard it's only 25 chapters long, wich leaves me thinking It lasts a lot less than I expected. that's a bad thing but i guess i will play it a second time at least because it's a good game, anyway that's just one of the gripes i have with the game, another thing that bugs me is how i don't feel in control of the character too often with mini cutscenes that really annoy me, It makes me feel like every chapter i only get to playhalf the time wich is really bad considering how short the game seems to be, the puzzles are a big part of the game and i spend most of my gameplay time solving them, wich means the action/shooting gameplay i had was really short. But even with all those problems I have with the game I have to say the game looks awesome and the physics of the game are spectacular, the shooting and platforming bits of the story are excellent and while I didn't like the storyline, it was acceptable. Besides all that the multyplayer is a lot of fun and I love it so that's the reason I rate this game so high. I jst wish the story mode was longer and more interactive. Expand
  27. Dec 16, 2010
    three words: BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  28. Dec 15, 2010
    This game is near flawless, the graphics are the best I've ever seen. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a movie. The only issues I have are that you can sometimes get glued to a wall and you need to vault off of it, blowing your cover, though once you get the hang of it you can work around this. The climbing, in conjunction with the graphics can prove confusing because you feel like youThis game is near flawless, the graphics are the best I've ever seen. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a movie. The only issues I have are that you can sometimes get glued to a wall and you need to vault off of it, blowing your cover, though once you get the hang of it you can work around this. The climbing, in conjunction with the graphics can prove confusing because you feel like you should be able to climb all over certain surfaces, but for the most part they do well to avoid this. The other thing is the shooting, I can't put my thumb on it, but something just feels... off. Still, if you at all liked Indiana Jones or National treasure, you will love this game. Expand
  29. Dec 13, 2010
    This game is very good but not perfect, i,ll give the story, voice acting, music, graphics and presentation all a 10/10 but not the actual gameplay. The graphics in a way blinds everyone from what they are actually playing. The gameplay is very average climb, run, walk, shoot, take cover, its not bad but not awesome so the gameplay deserves a 7.5/10. This is simply a very crisp and pretty game.
  30. Dec 12, 2010
    This game is flawless. I usually don't easily say this for games. But after finishing Uncharted 2, it gives you this amazing feeling of satisfaction and telling yourself "that was an epicly awesome game, can't wait to play it again". The cinematics in this game are top notch. The cut scenes perfectly and smoothly translate to the gameplay and the cut scenes themselves and interesting andThis game is flawless. I usually don't easily say this for games. But after finishing Uncharted 2, it gives you this amazing feeling of satisfaction and telling yourself "that was an epicly awesome game, can't wait to play it again". The cinematics in this game are top notch. The cut scenes perfectly and smoothly translate to the gameplay and the cut scenes themselves and interesting and well made. The story is very interesting and will you have hooked from the start about Nate's grand adventure with his friends. There's everything you could want from a single player. Some comedy, drama, action, it has everything. Gameplay is also as good as the story. It's fun and addicting, there are a variety of weapons from sniper rifles to shotguns, easy cover system, and brutal melee system. You can choose to be stealthy or flat out loud. The chapters are all VERY different, there is absolutely NO repetition in this game unlike some others (ACB, RDR for example). The soundtrack is absolutely perfect and it's no surprise it won game of the year along side best soundtrack, score, graphics, animation, cinematics and pretty much everything else. It deserved it. Unlike most overly hyped up games, they don't deliver or deliver as much as we hoped for. Uncharted 2 is an exception, it delivered MORE than what we asked for. It has a fun balanced multiplayer along side co-op, tons of maps and game modes, and even a MACHINIMA mode!!! There's no questioning that this is a PACKED game polished to absolute excellence. I don't think I need to mention anything about the presentation other than it's the best looking game on any platform to date (yes 2010). The only game I see topping it is Uncharted 3. Anybody who does not merit this game at least a 9 is out of their ****king mind and is most likely, no DEFINATELY an xbox fanboy. Any self-respecting PS3 owner, NEEDS and I mean NEEDS to play the Uncharted series. 10. Expand
  31. Nov 30, 2010
    Now I'm not nut for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I do believe Naughty Dog has hit their stride with this particular title. The main campaign is great (not godly now) and the multiplayer is fun (assuming your that kind of person who either has IRL friends or online buddies). Overall, give it a try because its more than what you think it could be.
  32. Nov 25, 2010
    This is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends aroundThis is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends around the world :) Expand
  33. Nov 24, 2010
    Most polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects inMost polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects in this game, the only thing that I can remember is that it takes too long to connect to online/multiplayer. Expand
  34. Nov 21, 2010
    One of the best games I have ever played. If this had been multi platform I've no doubt it would have won more awards.

The games has a very strong and interesting storyline, full of twists and turns. The graphics are great and the cut scenes just about right, not too long or too many. The actual game play itself is very good and handles like a dream, it's done in a platform style in that it's broken down into small chunks of battling with plenty of checkpoints along the way so you don't end up getting too frustrated. One of its greatest assets over other 3rd person or first person shooters is the cover system, this works excellently.

The only downside is the length of the story, but it's a small sacrifice, too long like some games and you'd lose track of what it was all about.

I've loved both uncharted games, roll on number 3.
  35. Nov 12, 2010
    I bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this gameI bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this game simply amazed me from the very start of you climbing the train that is barely hanging on a cliff, to the final missions. The only problem with this game is that certain gun play and platforming sections can be infuriating. Why? Because the combat can be very difficult with certain enemies and I found my self dying to often for my liking, the platforming is absolutely brilliant except certain parts can be a bit difficult to know where to go next. Despite saying this the pacing is absolutely brilliant. It has amazing set pieces throughout, and such a brilliant amount of different things you can do. Splinter Cell style stealth sections, brilliant cover systems and weapons, awesome platforming movements and the best graphics to date. Me mumbling on about how good this game is (the best that I have ever played, and I have played plenty on both Xbox 360 and PS3), doesn't do it enough justice. The characters are brilliant and superbly detailed in movement and facial expressions. Amazing, move over Red Dead Redemption I have a new favourite. Roll on to the third game, Naughty Dog are experts at what they do and they do it better than any one, it's worth buying the PS3 just because of this game. Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  36. Nov 11, 2010
    Epic from start to finish. Atmospheric and exillarating. The graphics and fluidity are sublime. Its challenging but not too challenging. I truly recommend this title.
  37. Nov 9, 2010
    This is by far a great game! It has a excellent story and excellent online features. It is a great fps. This game has got to be one of the greatest games out for PS3! Easily a Perfect 10.
  38. Nov 7, 2010
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are off the rockers.... I couldn't wait more for the third edition of the legendary drake's series. Seriously, buy ps3 just to play this mind blowing game...
  39. Nov 5, 2010
    this game is the best great graphics cool story of drake and Flynn and lazarivic and the online gaming is double cool thats why it has a 10 number one game
  40. Nov 3, 2010
    Where can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buyWhere can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buy this then your in for a adventure. Expand
  41. Oct 23, 2010
    I have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may notI have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may not be ground-breakingly original, instead it polishes up features already seen in other 3rd person shooters. This doesnt make it a gears of war rip off! For all you 360 lads, there were 3rd person shooters before gears. Whether you like to admit it uncharted 2 is a diamond in the rough of the modern gaming world, it has what many developers now leave second to online mutiplayer, an excellent single player campaign with real replay value. Thats not to say that the online experience suffers though, it too is one of the most polished online games this generation. I cant wait to see what the 3rd outing will have in store. Expand
  42. Oct 19, 2010
    The grafics are the best of the best, the story is mind blowing it's over all the best game. Nothing even comes to it's toes on how great this game is.
  43. Oct 19, 2010
    This is a great game. As fun as the first Uncharted. The graphics are better that Drakes Fortune but the re-playability is lessened. Truly a game you don't want to miss out on. Story - 9 : Graphics - 10 : Controls - 9 : Gameplay - 9
  44. Oct 17, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is one of the best games i have ever played. Great story, great fighting, great puzzles, great platforming, great graphics, great online ect. There is nothing wrong with this game, if you have a PS3 a don't have this game go buy it now, you won't regret it.
  45. Oct 15, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is a blast and defenitely will make you think of being a PS3 if you don't already own one.

STORY: Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who

STORY:
    Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who will soon look more interesting in Nate's eyes. The quest beggins with an infiltration in a museum in Istanbul and soon things don't turn out really good, with Nate behind bars and Sullivan returning to save his ass. Soon Nate finds his self running for his life and trying to find out the secret of Shamballa at the same time. There will be a lot of turns in the plot and there will jump in new characters, old friends and......well lets say, some none normal dudes. The story takes bout 12 hours complete and I recommend to play it on hard difficulty setting.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 2's gameplay can be described as "balanced and polished". It's a cover-based 3rd person shooter with a great hand-to-hand combat, a lot of platforming, puzzle solving and a bit of stealth. More specificly: The gun fights are good and the most of the guns feel nice, the arsenal is average in quantity but great in quality. Whenever you get close enough to an enemy don't be afraid to use hand-to-hand, you won't regret it. Platforming looks a lot like in the 1st Uncharted (which is a good thing) but it feels more comfortable and solid. Puzzle solving isn't that much of a challenge but it is a good brake from the action.As for the stealth, you will find it neessary only for the first level, afterwards it can be used just for the fun factor and sometimes you will catch yourself forgeting about it. But these doesn't make it a bad addition, it is really good and you will appreciate it for being there. The AI isn't too great but you will see that whatever your enemies lack in mind they got it in numbers. There is also a very good variety of enemy types in the game which means that some of them will make you make cover your best friend, some will make you run away and some run dirrectly on the front for a kick knockdown. Also there are some incredibly awesome in-game cinematic action moments that will make feel that you are watching a high budget Hollywood action movie.There are rocks, water and snow that you have to go through...and you wil enjoy it!

MULTIPLAYER: Yes there is a online multiplayer and it is awesome. Up to 10 players can enjoy the MP modes of Uncharted 2 such as: Deathmatch, Plunder, Elimination, Turf War, King of the Hill and Chain Reaction.
    And trying to get perks levels. The competitive MP is great but online co-op is a treat. With up to 3 players teaming up and trying to take down AI enemies in order to reach the treasure is priceless.

GRAPHICS: The graphics are stunning, really taking the PS3 to its limits. Snow feels like snow, water reats as realisticly as possible and the plants surounding the jungle are amazing. You will find yourself gazing in huge and deeply detailed enviroments as you march through the game with sweet effects and stuff. The character design is great and flawless and the explodes are "exploding".

SOUND: Sound is very sophisticated, music suits the game perfectly get the feelings out everytime and it never gets boring, voie acting is terrific. The guns sound stellar and effects are too solid to be true.

VERDICT:
    Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is a mind-blowing experience not only on the PS3 but in all of gaming platforms ever made.Feels like a movie plays like a game. With the Co-Op and Competitive online multiplayer tieing in and making it a must buy AAA game.
  46. Oct 13, 2010
    Remember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many variedRemember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many varied locales in this game you will be climbing lamp-posts or sides of buildings to traverse past blockades. The story now focuses on the lost treasure of Marco Polo, and how Drake allies himself with a crafty criminal named Flynn who is traveling with Drake's old girlfriend, Chloe. Without revealing too much, I'll say that the story turns into where the hunter turns into the hunted, and Drake must rush to find the treasure in time. The cut scenes in the game are great, and they are practically seamless with the game play in terms of graphics, and loading screens are nearly non-existent. All these things make this a must-buy game for the PS3. In fact, I would go as far to say that you should even get a PS3 just for this game, as there are some amazing setpieces that cannot be enjoyed in any other game on the market. This game is as close as you can get to perfection. Expand
  47. Oct 13, 2010
    There is simply nothing bad to say about this game. Every single aspect of the game is nearly perfect: graphics, single player, multiplayer, music,... the list goes on and on. If you are not blown away by this game, no other game will.
  48. Oct 13, 2010
    Best. Game. Ever. BUY NOW!!!!!! Single player is amazing- (completed it 3 times (Normal, Hard, then crusing)) Online multiplayer is amazing- (Poured endless amount of hours into the intense gameplay) and co-op kicks ass as well. If you don't have this game you are missing out.
  49. Oct 12, 2010
    GAME OF THE YEAR.
    Every element has been finely crafted, from sound to graphics to cut-scenes to gameplay. All of this thrusts the player in to a tumultuous thrill ride that has no bounds. And as for the multiplayer, it is a well implemented feature too.
  50. Oct 9, 2010
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all. This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen. Everything is perfect pace. The only thing is kind of bad now was the multiplayer online which was kind of unbalance that was all. The single player is one of the best and have the most likable characters as well. 9.5
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all.
    This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen.
    Everything is perfect pace.

9.5 out of 10.
    -.5 for the multiplayer mode for kind of unbalanced
  51. Oct 6, 2010
    Brilliant level design, fluid controls and camera, interesting characters, and lush graphics. Uncharted 2 is a much more intense experience than its predecessor, and the combat and climbing have been fine-tuned to as good as I've seen in a third-person shooter or platform game respectively. The 'duck and cover' mechanic is wearing a bit thin and Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything particularlyBrilliant level design, fluid controls and camera, interesting characters, and lush graphics. Uncharted 2 is a much more intense experience than its predecessor, and the combat and climbing have been fine-tuned to as good as I've seen in a third-person shooter or platform game respectively. The 'duck and cover' mechanic is wearing a bit thin and Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything particularly new with it to separate itself from the masses in regards to this feature, but in the ends it's just a small part of what is an incredibly rich and diverse game. It is perhaps a little on the short side â Expand
  52. Oct 2, 2010
    I think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastesI think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastes in games you have this game is a MUST play for anyone. Expand
  53. Sep 29, 2010
    A tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and youA tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and you like action adventures, you're in for a treat! Expand
  54. Sep 28, 2010
    This is the absolute BEST graphic made game on the planet. The game has a compelling story, but the reason why I love this game the most, is because games look better than when you actually play them. However, this game remains the same. So either the cutscenes are just garbage, or the game's graphics a re AWESOME. I can't wait for Uncharted 3.
  55. Sep 21, 2010
    Seriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed bySeriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed by positive reviews. So obviously its amazing because the reviews speak for themselves. Also not one negative critic review. This game revolutionized platformers and you know it. So quit being negative just to be negative. Expand
  56. Sep 18, 2010
    One Word AWSOME. This is one of the best game i have ever played. Also i think this just may be about the best looking games on any console so far. 10/10 For me :)
  57. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game guys,just amazing,you need to play it to see and believe just how good this game is,this game made me relise how bad 360 games are and how short they are.
    cant beat a ps3 exclusive.
  58. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game,great for everybody,family,friends,kids,adults.I agree with others aswell,its got 26 chapters and it wil last you a good while,not to mention the story line is good quality as always coming from a sony/naughty dog company ,once you finished the single player you can enjoy hundreds of hours of fun playing the online part of the game.
  59. Sep 15, 2010
    Having not played the first game (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune), I was unsure of what to expect when starting this game. At first the game can seem annoying as you try to figure out where exactly you're expected to climb next. Once you get through the first chapter, which is mainly just a cinematic introduction to the controls, however, the game starts to realise it's potential. Though theHaving not played the first game (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune), I was unsure of what to expect when starting this game. At first the game can seem annoying as you try to figure out where exactly you're expected to climb next. Once you get through the first chapter, which is mainly just a cinematic introduction to the controls, however, the game starts to realise it's potential. Though the gameplay is much similar to games such as Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider, and utilizes the current gen trend of over-the-shoulder shooting, it does these things as good as or better than said games. The climbing is mostly fluent and only a few times is completely unclear about how to progress. The story is well written and acted (and the time they put into the animations is obvious), the pacing is great and the graphics are top notch. However, the game difficulty doesn't change much between any of the settings, and the only firefight with any real difficulty is the last boss. Overall, a solid single player experience not to be missed.
    Multiplayer isn't perfect, but this game's all about the single player movie-like chapters - so no judgments are going to be made here.
  60. Sep 14, 2010
    Amazing game,this is what tomb raider and indiana jones wanted to be,its great for everybody aswell,family,kids to adults.
    Its something original and brand new and unlike 360 games its got a massive story line that should last you weeks then there`s the multi player side which i wasnt expecting to be so great and much better and should i say fun than halo or gears.
    it will leave you
    it will leave you wanting uncharted 3.
  61. Sep 10, 2010
    There is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of theThere is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of the character. For those that want a great game, buy this, it's worth it. Expand
  62. Sep 8, 2010
    If I could sum this game up with 2 words or less, i'd say "This game was so amazing, that I forgot how to count". This game was easily the greatest game of the decade, I loved it, the campaign was great, no, amazing! And when I beat the singleplayer campaign, I had a nice cuddly multiplayer waiting for me, Multiplayer was surprisingly good, I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but it got ratherIf I could sum this game up with 2 words or less, i'd say "This game was so amazing, that I forgot how to count". This game was easily the greatest game of the decade, I loved it, the campaign was great, no, amazing! And when I beat the singleplayer campaign, I had a nice cuddly multiplayer waiting for me, Multiplayer was surprisingly good, I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but it got rather repetitive.. So if you're buying this game, buy it for the singleplayer, play multiplayer when you beat the campaign. This is definitely a Console Seller Expand
  63. Sep 3, 2010
    I rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THEI rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THE finest cut scenes, and opening sequence I think I have ever played on a game. Period. There have been serious long nights and major effort put in here to make this slick, enjoyable and play really well. The talented team at naughty dog have pulled out a lot of stops for this and it shows off the PS3 beautifully.

Playing like a far superior Tomb Raider, the quality just jumps out across the script, playability and this has seriously been play tested well and money spent. Not quiet sure about the Twitter feature inbuilt where you can tweet your progress and updates but then others who aren't so info overloaded as I am may enjoy this. The opening sequence (see it on YouTube) doesn't do it justice unless in high definition on a PS3 but should hopefully give an idea of what's in store if you buy this. Highly, highly recommended.
  64. Sep 1, 2010
    the story is much more interesting then the first, the gameplay remains the same, the Enemy Ai is much more smarter, and it has online play which i rarely use
  65. Sep 1, 2010
    One of the best single player campaigns I ever played. The story is awesome, pacing is great, graphics top notch. The mp is fun but needs some work.
  66. Aug 30, 2010
    wow no game captures the feel you are in a movie like Uncharted 2 . a solid story with great voice acting . solid controls great gun play . the first one was alot of fun but the second one is even better in every way. new addition is the online play which is alot of fun . this is what a sequel to a already good game should be.
  67. Aug 18, 2010
  68. Aug 14, 2010
    Very Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at usingVery Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at using the processing power it harnesses. Any PS3 owner should have this game. Expand
  69. Aug 12, 2010
    The only thing I didn't like from the game is that it was too short!

The story line is awesome, the characters are really believable (animation, script, voices), and the graphics are stunning.

The most immersive game in terms of storytelling ever. You really feel as if you were Indiana Jones of the 21st century.

Clearly one of the best games on the ps3.
  70. Aug 11, 2010
    the most entertaining game i have ever played! it ranks up there with ocarina of time as one of the best games of all time, and easily the best on the ps3. obviously a goty winner that in my opinion blew mwf2 out of the competition.just the first chapter of this game is more epic than all of mwf2. to those who say it isnt original, you are genuine idiots! to all those who say the graphicsthe most entertaining game i have ever played! it ranks up there with ocarina of time as one of the best games of all time, and easily the best on the ps3. obviously a goty winner that in my opinion blew mwf2 out of the competition.just the first chapter of this game is more epic than all of mwf2. to those who say it isnt original, you are genuine idiots! to all those who say the graphics are average or buggy, you are wrong, and basically no one agrees with you except for 40 year olds who play thier pc in their momie's basement. and lets not forget about the losers who give this game a 0 to counter act all the tens, there are 1482 positive reviews to your pathetic 178. a wise man (adam sessler x-play) once said that this is the best single player experience he has ever had in a video game. hell yea!!!!! uncharted 2 FTW!!!! Expand
  71. Aug 11, 2010
    Every game critic gave this game a positive review, and with good reason. Best game ever released, but its only home is the PS3!!! Go Uncharted 2!!! 10/10!!!
  72. Alex
    May 18, 2010
    This game would be a 9, only if it came out when it was suppose to. Standards on games have increased, which is why this game is not what it could have been. A big complaint with this game is the ending, which i won't spoil anything but lets just say it is one of the most predictable physiological endings EVER. The gameplay is fun at first, but gets very repetitive as well as theThis game would be a 9, only if it came out when it was suppose to. Standards on games have increased, which is why this game is not what it could have been. A big complaint with this game is the ending, which i won't spoil anything but lets just say it is one of the most predictable physiological endings EVER. The gameplay is fun at first, but gets very repetitive as well as the enemies. Almost every enemy is the same for the most part with no variety. The visuals are pleasing, but do not set any standards to modern day. All in all I wish I could have played this game two years ago. Expand
  73. SteveL.
    Apr 13, 2010
    I love this game.
  74. Zac
    Jan 31, 2010
    Uncharted 2 has the best graphics I've ever seen on a console. It's very cinematic and intense, the cover system works well. Naughty Dog dig a great job polishing this game. And the added online multiplayer is a huge plus because it adds so much replay value. The only thing wrong with this game is the fact that the single player story is way too short. (Which is a problem with Uncharted 2 has the best graphics I've ever seen on a console. It's very cinematic and intense, the cover system works well. Naughty Dog dig a great job polishing this game. And the added online multiplayer is a huge plus because it adds so much replay value. The only thing wrong with this game is the fact that the single player story is way too short. (Which is a problem with most modern games.) It takes a short 8 hours on average to complete. You CAN play through the story again for trophies, but it's just not as fun the second time since you'd know everything that happens. All things considered, Uncharted 2 is a great game for what it has. Expand
  75. GeorgeK.
    Jan 30, 2010
    This game is incredible. You just can't deny it. Amazing graphics, awesome gameplay, and great voice acting. All the 360 fan boys who rate this 0 or 1 and yet have never played it are pathetic. They simply can't stand the fact that the PS3 has one of the best games of all time. I can't rate this game highly enough. Get a PS3 get this game!
  76. JuanC.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This is not only one of the best games of 2009, but it's also one of the best games of the decade. Everything about this game is top notch: the gameplay, the story, the graphics, the score, everything is really great. You'll be playing this game for months to come. In everyday, it outbeats the prequel, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the reason why This is not only one of the best games of 2009, but it's also one of the best games of the decade. Everything about this game is top notch: the gameplay, the story, the graphics, the score, everything is really great. You'll be playing this game for months to come. In everyday, it outbeats the prequel, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the reason why 2009 is such a fantastic year of gaming. Naughty Dog makes a lot of great games, but Uncharted 2 is one of the best successors Naughy Dog has ever made. If you happen to own a Playstation 3, go buy the game. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is definitely worth keeping. Expand
  77. AlexM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Some of the best level design in a game ever. The train sequence, jeep sequence, tank sequence, are all parts of the game you actually play through, not watch! And the game isn't just excellent because of that it's because of the design choices. The pacing is untouchable, the characters some of the best in gaming, they eventually grow on you and you learn more about them than Some of the best level design in a game ever. The train sequence, jeep sequence, tank sequence, are all parts of the game you actually play through, not watch! And the game isn't just excellent because of that it's because of the design choices. The pacing is untouchable, the characters some of the best in gaming, they eventually grow on you and you learn more about them than ever before in this stunning sequel. A technological advancement in cinematic gaming, Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly the most cinematic video game ever made. It's the Raiders of the Lost Ark for video games. While the TPS elements are pretty average, it's with the vertical level design, the physics over physics, (you have to experience shooting someone on a moving jeep as the ground beneath you actually trembles) the extreme connection with the characters, you feel like you're actually playing a movie and never taken out of the action. The last time I felt this was when playing Half Life 2. The NPC's are better in U2, but Alyx Vance is still the standard. Add the stealth sequences, the fighting, and you have a game that is more than just the sum of its parts it's an agglomeration of some of the most brilliant minds in the industry. Naughty Dog has surely impressed with this magnificent beast. Expand
  78. JackK.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Of all the games in my library, i don't think I've ever been addicted as much to a game like this. Great story, epic gameplay and amazing online. An essential in every way.
  79. ChristinaM.
    Jan 26, 2010
    OK I can get how some people don't think it's a 10 out of 10 but people giving it a 0 are a complete and utter fanboy. Yes I'm looking at you ME YOU, grow up you sad and lonely fan girl, trying to drop the score because it's higher rated than your precious 360 games? Get a life loser.
  80. JulianG.
    Jan 26, 2010
    I don't understand how anybody can think this is a bad game, let alone undeserving of game of the year. First off, the controls are extremely responsive and it is a very fun game. Aiming is easy and the shooting system is sound and working. The cover system is near perfect, my only gripe is when Nate accidentally comes out of cover. The graphics are gorgeous, it really made you feel I don't understand how anybody can think this is a bad game, let alone undeserving of game of the year. First off, the controls are extremely responsive and it is a very fun game. Aiming is easy and the shooting system is sound and working. The cover system is near perfect, my only gripe is when Nate accidentally comes out of cover. The graphics are gorgeous, it really made you feel like you were in an action movie. There's incredible voice acting and some of Nate's and Sully's one liners are hilarious. The locales are all unique, and the moving train is one of the best technical feats in the history of gaming. Platforming is easy, Nate can climb anything climbable and he sticks so you don't miss your target. The story is incredible and there are no plot holes, its easy to follow and keeps you coming back for more. There's re playability, namely finding all 100 treasures, beating the story 2-4 times, getting all the kills with weapons, and getting all of the medals. The mulitplayer is in my opinion, better than COD. For instance, our game modes are all very unique and fun to play, the experience is rewarding and it makes you want to level up some more. Unlike COD, it takes actual skill to kill someone, and the store has tons of unlockables to get. Overall, 10/10. Its actually 4,000,000/10 but there is no score like that. Expand
  81. MarcosD.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fantastic experience, fantastic graphics (both technical and artistic), fantastic offline gameplay, fantastic online gameplay, FANTASTIC GAME.
    Jan 26, 2010
    It really is a great game. Sure, the game-play itself leaves a little bit to be desired, but where it lacks in game mechanics, it doubly makes up for in story. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline of Uncharted 2. Though it has no real replay value, I'm not really one for replay single player platformers.
  83. L.Mehr
    Jan 26, 2010
    Don't give in completely to the hype (like almost every critic did). Where you see so much praise for it graphics, you'll notice it's gameplay has hardly changed and what gameplay did change wasn't well implemented. A great thrill ride with the pacing of a Hollywood movie but........a bit of an annoying climax-cliche so I can't say great story all-around but in Don't give in completely to the hype (like almost every critic did). Where you see so much praise for it graphics, you'll notice it's gameplay has hardly changed and what gameplay did change wasn't well implemented. A great thrill ride with the pacing of a Hollywood movie but........a bit of an annoying climax-cliche so I can't say great story all-around but in terms of dialouge and pacing, it's superb. Expand
  84. MarkyMarkWhaleberg
    Jan 25, 2010
    Great game that improves on the original in almost every way. Very close to the experience of a great action movie. That being said, it is overrated in retrospect because of the lack of good action games.
  85. LiamM
    Jan 25, 2010
    Greatest game I ever played, was completely blown away by every aspect. I never thought there would be a game that could beat MGS4 as my favorite but Uncharted 2 stole that title. Another thing, the 'fanboys' voting a 0 are really doing my head in, is there really people that sad that they have to lower a games grade because it's not on their console of choice? Johan F Greatest game I ever played, was completely blown away by every aspect. I never thought there would be a game that could beat MGS4 as my favorite but Uncharted 2 stole that title. Another thing, the 'fanboys' voting a 0 are really doing my head in, is there really people that sad that they have to lower a games grade because it's not on their console of choice? Johan F reckons the graphics are 'average'? Gave away your fanboyism right there, well done. And Game Informer reckons people who like this game 'fail at life' ...yeah ok, sort yourself out fanboy and take a look at your life. Degrading a game because your a jealous fanboy? Pathetic and sad all rolled in to one. Expand
  86. Classy
    Jan 21, 2010
    I would give this game a 9.8ish but since there isn't one it gets a 10, this game is beyond impressive. And to the poster below me known as Johan F, he says he gets bored yet based on 104 Game critics, which gave this game the best rated of 2009 are overhyping it? Yeah okay there buddy, and Average graphics? Right there gives away that you are an Xbox fanboy...a fanboy regardless I would give this game a 9.8ish but since there isn't one it gets a 10, this game is beyond impressive. And to the poster below me known as Johan F, he says he gets bored yet based on 104 Game critics, which gave this game the best rated of 2009 are overhyping it? Yeah okay there buddy, and Average graphics? Right there gives away that you are an Xbox fanboy...a fanboy regardless shouldn't even be able to post due to their incoherent minds to assume whatever Sony pushes out must be garbage 100%... What this game is, is the Die Hard of Video Games. The way that movie redefined Action movies is the way this game redefined Action Games...through great voice acting and motion capture, unbelievable action sets and a superb plot that keeps going and going it will be entertaining to all...an example of this is my dad was watching me play from the beginning, the next day i was playing Modern Warfare 2 and he comes in and tells me to play Uncharted 2...He WANTED me to play the game so he can see what happens...unfortunately my PS3 YLOD so he didn't get to see the ending to it but he will eventually (I'm at university so the ps3 is with me) Bottomline: If you own a ps3, this game is a MUST have, best game out on PS3 so far and well deserves the many GotY awards it recieved. Expand
  87. TyroneJ
    Jan 20, 2010
    This is really a huge improvement from the first game, and I thought the first game was amazing. Uncharted 2 is the definition of sequal! From engine upgrades, gameplay, and story, this game deserves its hype.
  88. IvanY
    Jan 20, 2010
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is awesome. It has great epic story, great unrivaled graphics the gameplay is fantastic. The replay value is endless and extremely fun. The multiplayer is awesome too with a bunch people always on and no lag a pure blast i love the first 1 too it was perfect. I can't wait to buy number 3. This game is definitely one of Sony's best master piece Only on UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is awesome. It has great epic story, great unrivaled graphics the gameplay is fantastic. The replay value is endless and extremely fun. The multiplayer is awesome too with a bunch people always on and no lag a pure blast i love the first 1 too it was perfect. I can't wait to buy number 3. This game is definitely one of Sony's best master piece Only on PlayStation. If you a true gamer you need to own this master piece is jaw dropping. Expand
  89. [anonymous]
    Jan 20, 2010
    After being disappointed by GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4, I now realize just how good this game is. Metal Gear tries to blend cinema and games, and fails miserably. This game is just like a movie, without just becoming an endless cutscene like in metal gear solid.
  90. grimdeath
    Jan 18, 2010
    Good game but I don't see what all the fuss is about it's good but not great, don't believe the hype.
  91. JamesD
    Jan 18, 2010
    The game of games on PS3. One of the best PS3 games ever created. The action is top notch, the adventure is brilliant and the narrative is compelling, mixing in diverse emotional responses, not to mention the setpieces are just breath taking, an absolute must for any PS3 fanboy or girl.
  92. MattW
    Jan 15, 2010
    Wow DV trolled you guys hard XD He was commenting on how some other reviewers act in their reviews. Anyway, Uncharted 2 is pretty damn amazing.
  93. EricF
    Jan 14, 2010
    Absolutely amazing. The graphics are great, the voice acting is top-notch, and the gameplay is solid, and Naughty Dog has the sense to keep varying it up a bit to keep it fresh. Do not listen to a single reviewer who complains about bugs (I have encountered no problems what so ever), unvaried game play, not enough action, BS that a game not on PC is automatically inferior graphically, or Absolutely amazing. The graphics are great, the voice acting is top-notch, and the gameplay is solid, and Naughty Dog has the sense to keep varying it up a bit to keep it fresh. Do not listen to a single reviewer who complains about bugs (I have encountered no problems what so ever), unvaried game play, not enough action, BS that a game not on PC is automatically inferior graphically, or "sidequests" (yeah, people will complain about a feature that does not exist.) There aren't bugs, the action is actually really thick at some points, and the graphics really are amazing. Expand
  94. markl
    Jan 14, 2010
    uncharted 2 is NOT overated at all it is singlehandedly one of the best apps to come out in a long time. The game play is simple, fluid and dynamic. The movies will hook you from the start and are worthy of a oscar. The multiplayer isnt so good but dont let this spoil you from one of the greatest games out there. The graphics are beautiful and it is a solid emotional rollercoaster of a uncharted 2 is NOT overated at all it is singlehandedly one of the best apps to come out in a long time. The game play is simple, fluid and dynamic. The movies will hook you from the start and are worthy of a oscar. The multiplayer isnt so good but dont let this spoil you from one of the greatest games out there. The graphics are beautiful and it is a solid emotional rollercoaster of a game. This truly deserves to stand amongst the giants of the gaming world. Expand
  95. Bob.B
    Jan 14, 2010
    I once stood firm to the resolution that MGS4 was the pinnacle of gaming creation, but now it seems to have been overtaken. My problem while playing this gam was that i was so burnt out after several months of intense oblivion modding (only to have the game die on me) that the experince effectively slipped through me. But thats my problem. As far as you can be concerned, if you have a I once stood firm to the resolution that MGS4 was the pinnacle of gaming creation, but now it seems to have been overtaken. My problem while playing this gam was that i was so burnt out after several months of intense oblivion modding (only to have the game die on me) that the experince effectively slipped through me. But thats my problem. As far as you can be concerned, if you have a PS3, buy this game. Expand
  96. NiallO
    Jan 13, 2010
    Truly the best game on the PS3. Unsurpassed graphics, Hollywood blockbuster story, superb voice acting, and a better control scheme make this the must have game for all Playstation 3 owners.
  97. josephc
    Jan 13, 2010
    This is simply the best action game ever made. Naughty dog has created a master piece, start to finish. Go buy this game! Go buy a PS3 just for this game
  98. DaveA
    Jan 12, 2010
    This is one of the best games this generation and is an instant classic. It pushes the genre and industry forward, it does things right. Physics over physics, coupled in with the perfect Indiana Jones game, and you have a technological advancement that even movie fanatics will appreciate. You simply have to play Uncharted 2 to realize the hard work that's been put into it. A 10 out This is one of the best games this generation and is an instant classic. It pushes the genre and industry forward, it does things right. Physics over physics, coupled in with the perfect Indiana Jones game, and you have a technological advancement that even movie fanatics will appreciate. You simply have to play Uncharted 2 to realize the hard work that's been put into it. A 10 out of 10. Not the usual rating given for a game, but besides Super Mario Galaxy this is the only other perfect game this gen. Expand
  99. TomC
    Jan 12, 2010
    the story, gameplay, graphics, and charcters are all PERFECT, enough said.
  100. AnthonyR
    Jan 11, 2010
    This game is very underrated, obv a 10 but sure as hell nothing lower than an 8, i gave it a 10 mainly because it is awesome, I bet most of the people who gave it 0 haven't even played it, probably don't even have a ps3, stupid fanboys.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.