• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. May 22, 2015
    The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game,The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game, and the game had so many reasons to keep coming back. The best of the series. Expand
  2. May 22, 2015
    there is one word to describe this game and that is epic played this non-stop immediately after i got and it solidified itself into my top 25 games of all time controls are tight , story is one of the best iv'e seen to sum it up this game is basically the game equivalent of Skyfall and the multiplayer rivals even halo 2's.
  3. May 20, 2015
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they madeUncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they made a lot of improvements from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. There are no loading times either. Playing through the game again after a few years was a really nostalgic experience. I especially loved how the enemies became tougher and tougher towards the end. This is a basic video game gimmick, but in this game it was really fun part of the game.

10/10 no question!
  4. May 1, 2015
    Demonstrates the same dynamism of the first game, but much more refined and action scenes eye-popping, that in fact, much better than very Hollywood action movie.
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    Let me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, butLet me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, but please don't fanboy over it. Expand
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    This is a landmark game in the history of video games. Not only because its exceedingly extreme quality, but this game has single-handedly won the PS3 in the console war against 360. PS3 was so hopelessly woeful in 2006-2008 and 360 is the obvious way to go. But this game is the decisive turning point. It's like Battle of Midway or Stalingrad of WW2 in terms of 7th generation console war.This is a landmark game in the history of video games. Not only because its exceedingly extreme quality, but this game has single-handedly won the PS3 in the console war against 360. PS3 was so hopelessly woeful in 2006-2008 and 360 is the obvious way to go. But this game is the decisive turning point. It's like Battle of Midway or Stalingrad of WW2 in terms of 7th generation console war. After this game, PS3 is the choice of platform for the 7th generation until its end in 2013. Expand
  7. Apr 8, 2015
    Uncharted 2 was a game that long I haven't carefully considered, as well as the first chapter. But when I played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I realized what I was missing and how was valiant and beautiful the saga created by Naughty Dog for PlayStation 3.

In facts Uncharted 2, despite I've played and finished the one before, introduced itself as something totally new. It was a third-person shooter with free-climbing mechanical and an advanced covering system, yes, but it had something different. Sure, at first, what left me stunned was graphics: perfect; 10 out of 10. Characters, settings and everything else was magnificent. Already the first chapter had shown the potential of PS3, but Uncharted 2 pushed to the limit the console by touching levels beyond the standards.

Particularly beautiful were the melee fights, shootings, driving sequences powered by a fluidity and a frenzy that I had never seen before. All the gameplay it's been improved from the first Uncharted, and it's been led to much higher levels. Beautiful was the part on the train, made impeccably and practically perfect. Maybe the puzzles were not so great, but for sure they were fun and nice. And then a great plot, inspired by the adventures of Indiana Jones and the travels of Marco Polo, which was really nice and took me to push me from one place to the other in the world, making live to the protagonist, Nathan Drake (and also me, of course) a really great adventure.

From the jungles of Borneo, to the mountain ranges of the Himalayas. From tibetan villages to the beautiful Shangri-La. And it's been a really long journey because this game was so long that at some point it gave me a sensation something like "It is not over, yet?", and it is important to remember it. Yes, Uncharted 2 was a great adventure, a journey metaphor of life, full of historical implications and great cinematographic twists, adding the fantasy gimmicks as supernatural beings and occult. Good was also the humor typical of the series that never fails, even in cases more desperate.

The good guys of Naughty Dog did it: Uncharted 2 is a memorable masterpiece.
  8. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  9. Mar 22, 2015
    Where do I begin with Uncharted 2. Wow. This is my favorite game of all time. And I didn't expect it to be a good game at all. When I first heard about the critical rave of Uncharted 2, I thought people were over reacting. I then tried it out myself after reading all of the reviews. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece.

The story is the greatest story ever told in a video game. Nothing compares

The story is the greatest story ever told in a video game. Nothing compares to this phenomenal game. The gameplay is extremely fun as well. Anybody who has doubts about this game needs to check it out. The music is incredible and the mythical places upon the game is unique and fresh.

The acting is outstanding. The smart dialog makes you enjoy Nathan Drake and the other characters. It may very well be a long time until we see a game be better than this. Outstanding. 10/10 easy
  10. Mar 20, 2015
    Just perfect naughty dog really wants to please their fans everytime. The game has great A.I, vivid graphics that look pleasing to the eye, and a great multiplayer that brings more value to a great game. The upgrading system in the game is perfect. The game is a must buy for all gamers aliike
  11. Feb 25, 2015
    I loved this game! I found to be the last level very hard even on normal but that did not detract from my experience I had with this game. No doubt in my Top 5 from last generation.
  12. Feb 20, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Really beautiful game with colorful graphics and nice level design. Just should be less straight.
  13. Feb 17, 2015
    Don't listen to all the Xbox fanboys giving this game a zero. This and all the other games in the series are one of the best games of all time. It's a fact now, Naughty Dog makes the best games.
  14. Feb 6, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game by far is in the discussion for the best game of all time (hope any xbox fanboys don't read this, because if they did there would a lot more people on PSN) +1 Expand
  15. Jan 31, 2015
    It is one of masterpiece of 7th generation . very good story and likely gameplay.. the visual design is wonderful. thanks Nuaghty Dog for this experiment
  16. Jan 17, 2015
    For a game that was released in 2009 and having played through it 5 years later, "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" still holds up, gameplay wise and graphically.

The story, while a little simple and follows the same formula for the first game a little too closely, is great and allows for large, expansive worlds in which to explore. It is evident that the scope has been upped since the first release in the Uncharted series with very cinematic events that you, as the player, feel in control of. The game is beautiful and every environment is unique and plush. The interaction between characters as the story progresses is always a wonder to see, as previously demonstrated by the first game and the cast really do bring these characters to life.

My only nitpick for the game is that it feels a little too formulaic and scripted but if you are immersed enough in the game then this can be easily overlooked. The ending also seems to get a little sloppy, as if the writers had run out of ideas and just wanted to quickly round things off.

Regardless of these factors, "Among Thieves" is definitely worth the play. Naughty Dog have not failed to impress.
  17. Jan 11, 2015
    An all-star vocal cast, skillfully constructed storytelling and stimulating gameplay system make "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" a notable experience in 3rd person adventure games genre.
  18. Jan 7, 2015
    Without a doubt, the best game I've ever played. The climbing mechanics and action were far above average, and the scenery and overall script is positively phenomenal. Overall, this is the game that I would put into it's own separate category of incredible all-round gameplay.
  19. Jan 7, 2015
    One of the best exclusives for playstation 3. Puzzles are easy which i dont like. Game play is awesome. Graphics are above average. Good entertainment overall.
  20. Dec 29, 2014
    Uncharted 2 takes everything that made the first game great and made it better. It's a very gripping cinematic experience of a video game with some absolutely unbelievable moments.
  21. Dec 15, 2014
    Why is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die andWhy is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die and that you better hurry up but really its a facade. The puzzle gameplay consists of you looking in your journal for the answer. Identify symbols in your journal to the symbols in the environment and bam easy peasy. There is nothing to really think about and for a puzzle there should be something to think about. The action gameplay is really good. A lot better than Uncharted 1 but there isn't much variation. It is mostly walk into an area kill everybody in it and occassionally reinforcements will come and you gotta kill them to.

The game is great but I just concentrated on the few negatives because I feel that most people just praise it like it is perfect and I disagree.
  22. Nov 22, 2014
    What can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. ButWhat can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. But that's also the problem with it (if problem is even the right word here), it fails to travel that last 10% on the road to greatness. It is a bit too composed in itself, too proud to exist and too self-aware to take risks, like it can do more, but it's too scared to reach out. Expand
  23. Nov 20, 2014
    There is no doubt that Naughty Dog have the ability to create an incredible game with a very detailed storyline, with jaw-dropping graphics & movie-like cut scenes, not to mention the immersive action and multiplayer. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is one not to miss.
  24. Nov 3, 2014
    La aventura mas impresionante de todo el catálogo de PS3. Mejora en todo al primero: una historia con más capítulos y con una trama aun mas interesante, unas secuencias de acción sublimes, tiroteos más refinados, más variedad de enemigos y de paisajes y un nuevo y divertido multijugador.
    La trilogía Uncharted no puede faltar en ninguna colección de videojuegos pero si solo pudierais comprar uno, coged Uncharted 2. No lo lamentaréis. Sublime.
  25. Oct 19, 2014
    WOW! I was absolutely speechless once the credits rolled through with this game! The gameplay is fun, the characters are way better, the action was spot on, and it looks amazing. A HUGE step up from the first game! Sadly, Uncharted 3 was not able to keep up.
  26. Oct 18, 2014
    An absolute 'must play'. This was my favourite game of all time up until 'The Last Of Us' was released.

Uncharted 2 is a classic example of perfect gameplay,with Naughty Dog meticulously delivering a flawless game through to the end. This game is so well planned out it shows. The set pieces are incredible, and the characters interactions through gameplay further the storyline.

Fantastic and inspirational, 10/10.
  27. Oct 3, 2014
    I give this game 9.4/10

this game has really cool story,character (especially nathan and sully) the story was about finding lost city of shambala,(I wont spoil you),all I can say is the story is epic memorable and feels like a great movie. The gameplay in this game is simple,you can shooting,climbing,melee atack,throw a grenade and do a stealth,the setpieces was really cool as
    I give this game 9.4/10

this game has really cool story,character (especially nathan and sully)

The gameplay in this game is simple,you can shooting,climbing,melee atack,throw a grenade and do a stealth,the setpieces was really cool as hell!,but I dont reallyl like the guns sounds in this game (but still okay).. I prefer uncharted 3 guns sounds

the Graphics..not really amazing like tlou,but still looks really good..

this game is a must buy for ps3 owners and action fans!.
  28. Sep 14, 2014
    Here is another game that you must play if you own a PS3, and even if does not own this is the reason to buy it. If Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was good, then this is even better.

Indeed, one of the best games I've played. Even the story is worth 10, but here there are so many other good things, such as the environments are very interesting. The music is really good and it is very well done to suit the scene. The characters, the atmosphere is good. I came up with this game nothing to regret.
  29. Aug 23, 2014
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a must have for all Playstation 3 owners. It tells a phenomenal story, full of rich characters. The gameplay is also rock solid. This is a must play.
  30. Aug 15, 2014
    Best PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add toBest PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add to that an amazing and addictive multiplayer . This game is the best action adventure game EVER , objectively . and it is my all time favorite game . Expand

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.