• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Every game critic gave this game a positive review, and with good reason. Best game ever released, but its only home is the PS3!!! Go Uncharted 2!!! 10/10!!!
  2. Aug 11, 2010
    the most entertaining game i have ever played! it ranks up there with ocarina of time as one of the best games of all time, and easily the best on the ps3. obviously a goty winner that in my opinion blew mwf2 out of the competition.just the first chapter of this game is more epic than all of mwf2. to those who say it isnt original, you are genuine idiots! to all those who say the graphicsthe most entertaining game i have ever played! it ranks up there with ocarina of time as one of the best games of all time, and easily the best on the ps3. obviously a goty winner that in my opinion blew mwf2 out of the competition.just the first chapter of this game is more epic than all of mwf2. to those who say it isnt original, you are genuine idiots! to all those who say the graphics are average or buggy, you are wrong, and basically no one agrees with you except for 40 year olds who play thier pc in their momie's basement. and lets not forget about the losers who give this game a 0 to counter act all the tens, there are 1482 positive reviews to your pathetic 178. a wise man (adam sessler x-play) once said that this is the best single player experience he has ever had in a video game. hell yea!!!!! uncharted 2 FTW!!!! Expand
  3. Dec 27, 2010
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is really the first game this generation to do everything impeccably. Everything about Uncharted 2 is top notch, and its original cast of characters and set pieces will perpetually merge into the minds of anyone who witnesses or experiences them.
  4. Jul 11, 2011
    Beautiful. This game has a ridiculous amount of polish. Literally every moment is packed with action. It's one of those games that you buy a PS3 for.
  5. Dec 16, 2010
    three words: BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Aug 12, 2010
    The only thing I didn't like from the game is that it was too short!

The story line is awesome, the characters are really believable (animation, script, voices), and the graphics are stunning.

The most immersive game in terms of storytelling ever. You really feel as if you were Indiana Jones of the 21st century.

Clearly one of the best games on the ps3.
  7. Aug 30, 2010
    wow no game captures the feel you are in a movie like Uncharted 2 . a solid story with great voice acting . solid controls great gun play . the first one was alot of fun but the second one is even better in every way. new addition is the online play which is alot of fun . this is what a sequel to a already good game should be.
  8. Aug 14, 2010
    Very Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at usingVery Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at using the processing power it harnesses. Any PS3 owner should have this game. Expand
  9. Jan 20, 2012
    It's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most willIt's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most will finish this game in one sitting but that's because the game constantly excels itself with beautiful scenery, clever puzzles and fantastic gunplay. It now even boasts multiplayer, with some narrative elements afoot. In short Uncharted 2 begs to be the top dog, and if this game is any indication, it has succeeded without fault. Expand
  10. Aug 18, 2010
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are off the rockers.... I couldn't wait more for the third edition of the legendary drake's series. Seriously, buy ps3 just to play this mind blowing game...
  11. Sep 28, 2010
    This is the absolute BEST graphic made game on the planet. The game has a compelling story, but the reason why I love this game the most, is because games look better than when you actually play them. However, this game remains the same. So either the cutscenes are just garbage, or the game's graphics a re AWESOME. I can't wait for Uncharted 3.
  12. Jan 19, 2011
    Ignore ANY bad review they are probably just 360 fanboys who have not even played the game. I used own to all three consoles, this may just be the best game on all three.
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    One of the best games out there. I was really emotional attached to all of the characters. Good pacing. Great story. Just wait til everybody gets disappointed for Uncharted 3.
  14. Sep 1, 2010
    One of the best single player campaigns I ever played. The story is awesome, pacing is great, graphics top notch. The mp is fun but needs some work.
  15. Sep 1, 2010
    the story is much more interesting then the first, the gameplay remains the same, the Enemy Ai is much more smarter, and it has online play which i rarely use
  16. Sep 3, 2010
    I rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THEI rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THE finest cut scenes, and opening sequence I think I have ever played on a game. Period. There have been serious long nights and major effort put in here to make this slick, enjoyable and play really well. The talented team at naughty dog have pulled out a lot of stops for this and it shows off the PS3 beautifully.

Playing like a far superior Tomb Raider, the quality just jumps out across the script, playability and this has seriously been play tested well and money spent. Not quiet sure about the Twitter feature inbuilt where you can tweet your progress and updates but then others who aren't so info overloaded as I am may enjoy this. The opening sequence (see it on YouTube) doesn't do it justice unless in high definition on a PS3 but should hopefully give an idea of what's in store if you buy this. Highly, highly recommended.
  17. Sep 8, 2010
    If I could sum this game up with 2 words or less, i'd say "This game was so amazing, that I forgot how to count". This game was easily the greatest game of the decade, I loved it, the campaign was great, no, amazing! And when I beat the singleplayer campaign, I had a nice cuddly multiplayer waiting for me, Multiplayer was surprisingly good, I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but it got ratherIf I could sum this game up with 2 words or less, i'd say "This game was so amazing, that I forgot how to count". This game was easily the greatest game of the decade, I loved it, the campaign was great, no, amazing! And when I beat the singleplayer campaign, I had a nice cuddly multiplayer waiting for me, Multiplayer was surprisingly good, I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but it got rather repetitive.. So if you're buying this game, buy it for the singleplayer, play multiplayer when you beat the campaign. This is definitely a Console Seller Expand
  18. Sep 10, 2010
    There is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of theThere is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of the character. For those that want a great game, buy this, it's worth it. Expand
  19. Sep 19, 2011
    The very main reason I got a PS3. Immersive, heart pounding, action packed and ridiculously over-the-top. A game that I think is a good enough reason why the PS3 is a great console. The story is so good that it could just pass by as a blockbuster movie and the characters are so human that it feels like you have met them some time in your life. If you have a Playstation 3, you have to get it.
  20. Sep 14, 2010
    Amazing game,this is what tomb raider and indiana jones wanted to be,its great for everybody aswell,family,kids to adults.
    Its something original and brand new and unlike 360 games its got a massive story line that should last you weeks then there`s the multi player side which i wasnt expecting to be so great and much better and should i say fun than halo or gears.
    it will leave you
    it will leave you wanting uncharted 3.
  21. Nov 25, 2010
    This is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends aroundThis is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends around the world :) Expand
  22. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game,great for everybody,family,friends,kids,adults.I agree with others aswell,its got 26 chapters and it wil last you a good while,not to mention the story line is good quality as always coming from a sony/naughty dog company ,once you finished the single player you can enjoy hundreds of hours of fun playing the online part of the game.
  23. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game guys,just amazing,you need to play it to see and believe just how good this game is,this game made me relise how bad 360 games are and how short they are.
    cant beat a ps3 exclusive.
  24. Sep 18, 2010
    One Word AWSOME. This is one of the best game i have ever played. Also i think this just may be about the best looking games on any console so far. 10/10 For me :)
  25. Sep 21, 2010
    Seriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed bySeriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed by positive reviews. So obviously its amazing because the reviews speak for themselves. Also not one negative critic review. This game revolutionized platformers and you know it. So quit being negative just to be negative. Expand
  26. Jan 15, 2011
    to call this game overrated is to show only ignorance in gaming. if you dont like this game you dont like games. there have been defining games in generations like half life for pc in 2004 or mario bros in the late 80s. It really comes down to this, where are gamers in the time of uncharted? the game is smooth like no other, it flows with a subtle sense of assurity that you cannot denyto call this game overrated is to show only ignorance in gaming. if you dont like this game you dont like games. there have been defining games in generations like half life for pc in 2004 or mario bros in the late 80s. It really comes down to this, where are gamers in the time of uncharted? the game is smooth like no other, it flows with a subtle sense of assurity that you cannot deny it. I cannot push this game enough. To call it overrated would only show that you are someone who does not appreciate gaming as an art. You cannot see the work and effort that went into making it. people who say it is a tomb rainder remake or copy are right, but to not see influence and think it can be made better is a lacking vision often showing its ugly face in our society because many do not have an opinion of there own and simply want to rebel against the masses even if the masses are right. be an idividual losers, and anyone thinking of trying it, please do! please do! Expand
  27. Apr 1, 2013
    I've read and heard all the hype and was expecting one of the all time greats and I absolutely got it here. The problems with the first Uncharted are solved and improved here.
  28. Sep 29, 2010
    A tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and youA tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and you like action adventures, you're in for a treat! Expand
  29. Oct 2, 2010
    I think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastesI think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastes in games you have this game is a MUST play for anyone. Expand
  30. Oct 12, 2010
    GAME OF THE YEAR.
    Every element has been finely crafted, from sound to graphics to cut-scenes to gameplay. All of this thrusts the player in to a tumultuous thrill ride that has no bounds. And as for the multiplayer, it is a well implemented feature too.
  31. Oct 13, 2010
    Remember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many variedRemember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many varied locales in this game you will be climbing lamp-posts or sides of buildings to traverse past blockades. The story now focuses on the lost treasure of Marco Polo, and how Drake allies himself with a crafty criminal named Flynn who is traveling with Drake's old girlfriend, Chloe. Without revealing too much, I'll say that the story turns into where the hunter turns into the hunted, and Drake must rush to find the treasure in time. The cut scenes in the game are great, and they are practically seamless with the game play in terms of graphics, and loading screens are nearly non-existent. All these things make this a must-buy game for the PS3. In fact, I would go as far to say that you should even get a PS3 just for this game, as there are some amazing setpieces that cannot be enjoyed in any other game on the market. This game is as close as you can get to perfection. Expand
  32. Oct 9, 2010
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all. This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen. Everything is perfect pace. The only thing is kind of bad now was the multiplayer online which was kind of unbalance that was all. The single player is one of the best and have the most likable characters as well. 9.5
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all.
    This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen.
    Everything is perfect pace.

9.5 out of 10.
    -.5 for the multiplayer mode for kind of unbalanced
  33. Oct 13, 2010
    There is simply nothing bad to say about this game. Every single aspect of the game is nearly perfect: graphics, single player, multiplayer, music,... the list goes on and on. If you are not blown away by this game, no other game will.
  34. Mar 1, 2011
    SImply astonishing, Uncharted 2: AMong thieves is a title that is unquestionably the best exclusive on the ps3 and one of the best games in the history of video gaming hands down. the gripping action is incredibly enthralling that it is almost as if the events of this story actually occurred, all from the comfort of your living. Make no mistake about it, this is one of the best games toSImply astonishing, Uncharted 2: AMong thieves is a title that is unquestionably the best exclusive on the ps3 and one of the best games in the history of video gaming hands down. the gripping action is incredibly enthralling that it is almost as if the events of this story actually occurred, all from the comfort of your living. Make no mistake about it, this is one of the best games to have ever been created and released and people who criticize the games entirety aren't credible sources. I hardly give out 10's, and although this game isn't necessarily perfect, it is about as close to perfection as your going to get. Expand
  35. Oct 13, 2010
    Best. Game. Ever. BUY NOW!!!!!! Single player is amazing- (completed it 3 times (Normal, Hard, then crusing)) Online multiplayer is amazing- (Poured endless amount of hours into the intense gameplay) and co-op kicks ass as well. If you don't have this game you are missing out.
  36. Oct 15, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is a blast and defenitely will make you think of being a PS3 if you don't already own one.

STORY: Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who

STORY:
    Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who will soon look more interesting in Nate's eyes. The quest beggins with an infiltration in a museum in Istanbul and soon things don't turn out really good, with Nate behind bars and Sullivan returning to save his ass. Soon Nate finds his self running for his life and trying to find out the secret of Shamballa at the same time. There will be a lot of turns in the plot and there will jump in new characters, old friends and......well lets say, some none normal dudes. The story takes bout 12 hours complete and I recommend to play it on hard difficulty setting.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 2's gameplay can be described as "balanced and polished". It's a cover-based 3rd person shooter with a great hand-to-hand combat, a lot of platforming, puzzle solving and a bit of stealth. More specificly: The gun fights are good and the most of the guns feel nice, the arsenal is average in quantity but great in quality. Whenever you get close enough to an enemy don't be afraid to use hand-to-hand, you won't regret it. Platforming looks a lot like in the 1st Uncharted (which is a good thing) but it feels more comfortable and solid. Puzzle solving isn't that much of a challenge but it is a good brake from the action.As for the stealth, you will find it neessary only for the first level, afterwards it can be used just for the fun factor and sometimes you will catch yourself forgeting about it. But these doesn't make it a bad addition, it is really good and you will appreciate it for being there. The AI isn't too great but you will see that whatever your enemies lack in mind they got it in numbers. There is also a very good variety of enemy types in the game which means that some of them will make you make cover your best friend, some will make you run away and some run dirrectly on the front for a kick knockdown. Also there are some incredibly awesome in-game cinematic action moments that will make feel that you are watching a high budget Hollywood action movie.There are rocks, water and snow that you have to go through...and you wil enjoy it!

MULTIPLAYER: Yes there is a online multiplayer and it is awesome. Up to 10 players can enjoy the MP modes of Uncharted 2 such as: Deathmatch, Plunder, Elimination, Turf War, King of the Hill and Chain Reaction.
    And trying to get perks levels. The competitive MP is great but online co-op is a treat. With up to 3 players teaming up and trying to take down AI enemies in order to reach the treasure is priceless.

GRAPHICS: The graphics are stunning, really taking the PS3 to its limits. Snow feels like snow, water reats as realisticly as possible and the plants surounding the jungle are amazing. You will find yourself gazing in huge and deeply detailed enviroments as you march through the game with sweet effects and stuff. The character design is great and flawless and the explodes are "exploding".

SOUND: Sound is very sophisticated, music suits the game perfectly get the feelings out everytime and it never gets boring, voie acting is terrific. The guns sound stellar and effects are too solid to be true.

VERDICT:
    Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is a mind-blowing experience not only on the PS3 but in all of gaming platforms ever made.Feels like a movie plays like a game. With the Co-Op and Competitive online multiplayer tieing in and making it a must buy AAA game.
  37. Oct 17, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is one of the best games i have ever played. Great story, great fighting, great puzzles, great platforming, great graphics, great online ect. There is nothing wrong with this game, if you have a PS3 a don't have this game go buy it now, you won't regret it.
  38. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best single player campaigns in a shooter ever. Possibly the best PS3 game to date. Not to mention the online is very fun, though it could use a little work.
  39. Oct 19, 2010
    The grafics are the best of the best, the story is mind blowing it's over all the best game. Nothing even comes to it's toes on how great this game is.
  40. Oct 23, 2010
    I have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may notI have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may not be ground-breakingly original, instead it polishes up features already seen in other 3rd person shooters. This doesnt make it a gears of war rip off! For all you 360 lads, there were 3rd person shooters before gears. Whether you like to admit it uncharted 2 is a diamond in the rough of the modern gaming world, it has what many developers now leave second to online mutiplayer, an excellent single player campaign with real replay value. Thats not to say that the online experience suffers though, it too is one of the most polished online games this generation. I cant wait to see what the 3rd outing will have in store. Expand
  41. Mar 3, 2012
    When I first heard of this game, and how much reviewers and others loved it, i didn't believe it. I delayed my purchase of this game tell after I saw it on sale and as a GOTY edition. So i decided to take a chance and get it. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made, this game is brilliant in every sense of the word. One of the greatest moments in video game history has to beWhen I first heard of this game, and how much reviewers and others loved it, i didn't believe it. I delayed my purchase of this game tell after I saw it on sale and as a GOTY edition. So i decided to take a chance and get it. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made, this game is brilliant in every sense of the word. One of the greatest moments in video game history has to be the train ride, where you must go from the back of a moving train to the front, taking out guards, tanks, and even helicopters to make your way to the front, and that's just one of many great moments in this game. It has so many defining moments that most games can dream of just one of them. Every time you think this game has done all that it could, something else comes up to shock you. The visuals in this game are outstanding, detail pours out of every scene to make you stop sometimes just to admire what Naughty Dog has done. The platforming in this game is remarkable, with landscapes that sometimes to the naked eye don't seem scalable, but then something breaks or shifts and new routes are open to you. Drake is one of the most likable characters this generation, he is a great explorer, a good friend and even better person, and yet also manages to be badass. There is also a multiplayer, it's good but not addicting. There is nothing wrong with it, it works well, the maps are perfect for the platforming and the competitive aspect is perfect for this sort of game, but personally i couldn't get into. It was fun for a few rounds but its the single player that is the meat of this game. That is how a game should be, and it does it well. Uncharted 2 is one of the best games this generation and I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves good story, great characters, and fantastic gameplay. Expand
  42. Nov 12, 2010
    I bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this gameI bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this game simply amazed me from the very start of you climbing the train that is barely hanging on a cliff, to the final missions. The only problem with this game is that certain gun play and platforming sections can be infuriating. Why? Because the combat can be very difficult with certain enemies and I found my self dying to often for my liking, the platforming is absolutely brilliant except certain parts can be a bit difficult to know where to go next. Despite saying this the pacing is absolutely brilliant. It has amazing set pieces throughout, and such a brilliant amount of different things you can do. Splinter Cell style stealth sections, brilliant cover systems and weapons, awesome platforming movements and the best graphics to date. Me mumbling on about how good this game is (the best that I have ever played, and I have played plenty on both Xbox 360 and PS3), doesn't do it enough justice. The characters are brilliant and superbly detailed in movement and facial expressions. Amazing, move over Red Dead Redemption I have a new favourite. Roll on to the third game, Naughty Dog are experts at what they do and they do it better than any one, it's worth buying the PS3 just because of this game. Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  43. Nov 24, 2010
    Most polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects inMost polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects in this game, the only thing that I can remember is that it takes too long to connect to online/multiplayer. Expand
  44. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of the best action titles of all-time, also one of the best looking.
  45. Nov 3, 2010
    Where can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buyWhere can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buy this then your in for a adventure. Expand
  46. Nov 5, 2010
    this game is the best great graphics cool story of drake and Flynn and lazarivic and the online gaming is double cool thats why it has a 10 number one game
  47. Nov 7, 2010
  48. Oct 31, 2011
    -Review BRAZIL- "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" traz à tona tudo o que conhecemos sobre exploração. Envolto nesse clima, à lá Indiana Jones, o game de tiro em terceira pessoa, baseado em cobertura, plataformas, puzzles. Não é a toa que foi considerado o melhor jogo de 2009. Basta ver as notas do-Review BRAZIL- "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" traz à tona tudo o que conhecemos sobre exploração. Envolto nesse clima, à lá Indiana Jones, o game de tiro em terceira pessoa, baseado em cobertura, plataformas, puzzles. Não é a toa que foi considerado o melhor jogo de 2009. Basta ver as notas do próprio site. 39 reviews perfeitos, nota 100. E 105 reviews positivos. As notas negativas de usúario de x-box, não podemos levar a sério! Sem dúvida nenhuma o melhor jogo de todos os tempos. NOTA 10. Expand
  49. Nov 9, 2010
    This is by far a great game! It has a excellent story and excellent online features. It is a great fps. This game has got to be one of the greatest games out for PS3! Easily a Perfect 10.
  50. Dec 12, 2010
    This game is flawless. I usually don't easily say this for games. But after finishing Uncharted 2, it gives you this amazing feeling of satisfaction and telling yourself "that was an epicly awesome game, can't wait to play it again". The cinematics in this game are top notch. The cut scenes perfectly and smoothly translate to the gameplay and the cut scenes themselves and interesting andThis game is flawless. I usually don't easily say this for games. But after finishing Uncharted 2, it gives you this amazing feeling of satisfaction and telling yourself "that was an epicly awesome game, can't wait to play it again". The cinematics in this game are top notch. The cut scenes perfectly and smoothly translate to the gameplay and the cut scenes themselves and interesting and well made. The story is very interesting and will you have hooked from the start about Nate's grand adventure with his friends. There's everything you could want from a single player. Some comedy, drama, action, it has everything. Gameplay is also as good as the story. It's fun and addicting, there are a variety of weapons from sniper rifles to shotguns, easy cover system, and brutal melee system. You can choose to be stealthy or flat out loud. The chapters are all VERY different, there is absolutely NO repetition in this game unlike some others (ACB, RDR for example). The soundtrack is absolutely perfect and it's no surprise it won game of the year along side best soundtrack, score, graphics, animation, cinematics and pretty much everything else. It deserved it. Unlike most overly hyped up games, they don't deliver or deliver as much as we hoped for. Uncharted 2 is an exception, it delivered MORE than what we asked for. It has a fun balanced multiplayer along side co-op, tons of maps and game modes, and even a MACHINIMA mode!!! There's no questioning that this is a PACKED game polished to absolute excellence. I don't think I need to mention anything about the presentation other than it's the best looking game on any platform to date (yes 2010). The only game I see topping it is Uncharted 3. Anybody who does not merit this game at least a 9 is out of their ****king mind and is most likely, no DEFINATELY an xbox fanboy. Any self-respecting PS3 owner, NEEDS and I mean NEEDS to play the Uncharted series. 10. Expand
  51. Nov 21, 2010
    One of the best games I have ever played. If this had been multi platform I've no doubt it would have won more awards.

The games has a very strong and interesting storyline, full of twists and turns. The graphics are great and the cut scenes just about right, not too long or too many. The actual game play itself is very good and handles like a dream, it's done in a platform style in that it's broken down into small chunks of battling with plenty of checkpoints along the way so you don't end up getting too frustrated. One of its greatest assets over other 3rd person or first person shooters is the cover system, this works excellently.

The only downside is the length of the story, but it's a small sacrifice, too long like some games and you'd lose track of what it was all about.

I've loved both uncharted games, roll on number 3.
  52. Feb 21, 2011
    I cant believe that i havent gave a review about this yet, this game is amazing the graphics, story, voice acting, online, graphics, story, voice acting and the online. Yes i know that i have put the good points twice but thats how good it is.

Cant wait for U3 :)
  53. Oct 7, 2011
    One of the best I've played this generation and improvement so far, has a mystique of adventure, have the nostalgia and spirit of Indiana jones of adventures with the dexterity of lara croft.
    The story is competent and the action is full of cues and climax, few games together so many positive aspects that make us happy to play it, the online is addictive and different from others.
  54. Dec 23, 2011
    The best of the series in my opinion. While UC3 adds things, UC2 covers the most ground and feels the most balanced and fleshed out, it's really solid. Probably my favorite game of all time, in that despite being very linear, I never get sick of multiple play throughs.
  55. Nov 30, 2010
    Now I'm not nut for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I do believe Naughty Dog has hit their stride with this particular title. The main campaign is great (not godly now) and the multiplayer is fun (assuming your that kind of person who either has IRL friends or online buddies). Overall, give it a try because its more than what you think it could be.
  56. Dec 26, 2010
    This is the best console game to date period... graphics, story, voice acting, action. One of the best gaming experiences to be had bar none. I did think the multiplayer was fun but didn't have lasting appeal like some of the other FPS online experiences. That is the only reason this is not 100... :) I'd give it a 96 out of 100 subtracting only for the lack of real depth to theThis is the best console game to date period... graphics, story, voice acting, action. One of the best gaming experiences to be had bar none. I did think the multiplayer was fun but didn't have lasting appeal like some of the other FPS online experiences. That is the only reason this is not 100... :) I'd give it a 96 out of 100 subtracting only for the lack of real depth to the multiplayer but the single player stands alone as one of the greats of all time. As many have said before it is like playing in a real action movie and if you like action at all you will love this game. Expand
  57. Dec 19, 2010
    Great game but i've been playing this game for about 6 hours and i'm already on chapter 22 and i've heard it's only 25 chapters long, wich leaves me thinking It lasts a lot less than I expected. that's a bad thing but i guess i will play it a second time at least because it's a good game, anyway that's just one of the gripes i have with the game, another thing that bugs me is how i don'tGreat game but i've been playing this game for about 6 hours and i'm already on chapter 22 and i've heard it's only 25 chapters long, wich leaves me thinking It lasts a lot less than I expected. that's a bad thing but i guess i will play it a second time at least because it's a good game, anyway that's just one of the gripes i have with the game, another thing that bugs me is how i don't feel in control of the character too often with mini cutscenes that really annoy me, It makes me feel like every chapter i only get to playhalf the time wich is really bad considering how short the game seems to be, the puzzles are a big part of the game and i spend most of my gameplay time solving them, wich means the action/shooting gameplay i had was really short. But even with all those problems I have with the game I have to say the game looks awesome and the physics of the game are spectacular, the shooting and platforming bits of the story are excellent and while I didn't like the storyline, it was acceptable. Besides all that the multyplayer is a lot of fun and I love it so that's the reason I rate this game so high. I jst wish the story mode was longer and more interactive. Expand
  58. Dec 28, 2010
    Sit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are youSit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are you listening.) Don't botch it by trying to be too different, its like footy- unbroken so why fix it? A great game all you need and more. Expand
  59. Jan 1, 2011
    I have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best actionI have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best action movie ever made with characters and a story that unfolds at a suberb pace. Everythings not thrown at you from the start and it doesn't take forever to get going. The challenge is not without difficulty but never frustrating. Plenty of weapon choices to cater to any style player and many levels can be played without alerting a single guard if thats what you enjoy. Playing and beating all the harder modes, I can't find one thing wrong with this game. And just to boot, the player collects rewards that can be used on subsequent playthroughs. As if just playing the game again is not fun enough. If you own a PS3, you don't want this game, you NEED this game. Expand
  60. Jan 9, 2011
    There aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from theThere aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from the Story to the game play and to the presentation is top notch. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune introduced the core game play and the exploration techniques which are included in this game but with a few tweaks and bumps this part is able top the former.

The Story line was expected to be immerse, anything less was going to be disappointing. Thankfully that is not the case and there are hardly any other games available that focus so much on the plot than this one. From the beginning second the player is curious to know what exactly the situation is and from there it varies from a cat and mouse chase to an exhilarating journey to to uncover the biggest secret that can change the whole course of the world. By getting into the specifics the game starts out by showing a hurt and injured Drake trapped in a train, after escaping narrowly flashback reveal how he had gotten there. Fresh from his adventures from El dorado Drake is visited by an old acquaintance Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer, whom Drake might or not already have an old connection with. After being persuaded to join them in finding out and taking the treasure from Marco Polo's lost ship's, Drake soon finds out that there is more going around. He soon learns that an evil warlord is also after Marco Polo's ships but for a different reason which eventually thrusts Nate into the game as well leading him to try and save the world from the impending consequences. He is not alone, however, returning are Drake's friend and Mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan and old flame Elena Fisher. Also an integral part being offered by Chloe, this is one tale that will definitely make players go through the campaign mode at least a few more times after the initial finish.

Being a complete package of a game, Uncharted 2 is host to some refreshing game play. Like before Drake has to fight off the baddies that stick to him. Naturally the best weapons are his variety of guns although hand to hand combat is also helpful more times than not. Guns feature the classic machine guns, revolvers and sniper rifles while in some crucial points Missile launchers and grenades become extremely helpful. As the main aspect of combat is full of shooting, cover is necessary. You will find yourself taking cover in almost about every fight.
    Uncharted 2 boasts some of the best graphics ever seen on the PlayStation 3 or any other console to that matter. Everything is simply beautiful and it seems as if it gets better and better as you go on. The game seems to entice the player which encourages you to keep on playing. Its not your classic green scenery, the game takes you around the urban streets and offers spectacular sights of the city, the taking you to snow filled mountains and caves with gorgeous sights to see. The attention to detail is simply excellent, you'll see birds flying or nestling among the tress, even bullets are distinguishable . Running in the mountains will get snow all over you or swimming will get you wet. This is all only in game, the cut scenes offer their own pleasure, All the characters feel real making the game seem more like a movie at these points. Adding even more life is the acting by the characters, Nolan North is at his unparalleled best with Drake and the supporting characters, especially the main villain, all help in making the atmosphere believable and at times pleasant.

Achieving Perfection may be impossible but Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a hell of an attempt at it. One that will have everyone anxiously waiting for the next part. Naughty Dog's already respectable reputation will undoubtedly flourish for anyone that plays this game. It is impossible to own a PlayStation 3 and not buy this game, Superb Troys, Exhilarating Multiplayer, Great Visuals and Solid acting makes this one for the ages.
  61. Jan 12, 2011
    This game is amazing. Action packed gameplay, cutscenes. The gameplay has so mush action that its like a hollywood movie. Controls are excellent, story is great, voice acting is top-notch and the graphics as well. This is a must own for PS3 owners.
  62. Jan 14, 2011
    6 Words = The Greatest Game of all Time! Graphics are stunning, both Single player and Multiplayer! The Story is one of the best! Cut Scenes look amazing! Game play is better than ever, and has one of the only Multiplayers I ever use! Anyone who says this is bad has never played it or is a x - box fanboy! My only 10/10 ever goes to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  63. Jan 16, 2011
    This is 2011, and guess what Uncharted 2 is better than ever. Earlier this year an new multiplayer game was launched. Well, anyways I gave this game full marks because the problems are tiny, technical errors. The ony microscopic defect of this game is that the camera just goes out of focus. So what!? Big deal one minor error, every game has one. But on the plus side, I'd need a whole bookThis is 2011, and guess what Uncharted 2 is better than ever. Earlier this year an new multiplayer game was launched. Well, anyways I gave this game full marks because the problems are tiny, technical errors. The ony microscopic defect of this game is that the camera just goes out of focus. So what!? Big deal one minor error, every game has one. But on the plus side, I'd need a whole book to write everything down. Firstly, on single player, the graphics are impeccable, not even a minor detail is overlooked. The story is gripping till the very last second, all its twists and turns are really make you feel as if you are in the story. The fire fights are intense, and the stealth attacks are really awesome.
    For multiplayer I can only say two words; Awesome and Addictive. The scenarios where the matches are held are really breath-taking. But if you admire the view for two long you might end up with 20 bullets in your back. The mechanics are really similar to single player: you've got guns, stealth attacks and melee fights.
    My parting words: this is a super game that will never die. It is an excellent game and will remain like this.
  64. Jan 16, 2011
    This game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. IThis game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. I can't wait for Uncharted 3. Expand
  65. Jan 25, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Best game on the PS3 so far. Can't fault the single player campaign, the story's good, the characters dialogue is captivating and witty. I think there are 2 things that make this game standout from the rest. Firstly the amount of intense moments in the game where the unexpected happens, and secondly the online co-op modes - definitely worth a shot if you get this game.
  66. Jan 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has improved and expanded gameplay from the first, an excellent hollywood story, perfect graphics, amazing sound design, a lengthy single player, and an awesome multiplayer. Uncharted 2 has a heart for story, and loads of entertainment for gamers. Simply a masterpiece. Don't miss out.
  67. Jun 2, 2011
    I think this game is simply breathtaking. And that's not just the graphics. The storyline, the voice acting, the game-play, and just the attention to detail. The opening scene had me on the edge of my seat, and I was sucked into it from there onwards. This is truly *the* game to show off what the PS3 is capable of. Naughty Dog have harnessed the power of the Cell processor, and theI think this game is simply breathtaking. And that's not just the graphics. The storyline, the voice acting, the game-play, and just the attention to detail. The opening scene had me on the edge of my seat, and I was sucked into it from there onwards. This is truly *the* game to show off what the PS3 is capable of. Naughty Dog have harnessed the power of the Cell processor, and the results are spectacular. You feel drawn to look at the scenery, when on top of a building for example, and everything looks so crystal clear, almost even prettier than real life. You really do feel like you're going on an adventure with the lead character: Nathan Drake, and I think he's a character we could possibly all relate too, as he's really just an average guy doing amazing and interesting things. Anyhow, if you still haven't bought this, and you have a PS3, then what's going on? This is something that every PS3 owner should play. And if you don't have a PS3, well then this is the game that should tempt you to buy one. Truly an amazing game. Expand
  68. Aug 27, 2011
    Xbox fan boys please cry more and you giving the game zeros will not change the fact that it's one of the best action adventure games ever.Truly a must have for all PS3 owners, and those who don't have a PS3, get one just for uncharted 1,2, and 3.
  69. Jul 8, 2011
    After I beat the first Uncharted of a year ago, I immediately went and picked up this title. There is a reason that this is my favorite video game. Once again, Naughty Dog delivers with the story and the gameplay mix of 3rd person shooting, platforming and puzzles. The graphics look flat out amazing and shows what the PS3 is totally capable of! The multiplayer in this game is surprisingAfter I beat the first Uncharted of a year ago, I immediately went and picked up this title. There is a reason that this is my favorite video game. Once again, Naughty Dog delivers with the story and the gameplay mix of 3rd person shooting, platforming and puzzles. The graphics look flat out amazing and shows what the PS3 is totally capable of! The multiplayer in this game is surprising good and is probably the premiere multiplayer shooter/platformer. This is an amazing game and DEFINITELY check this title out. Expand
  70. Feb 4, 2011
    Quite the lot we have here don't we? Giving this game a 10 because well.. it's pretty awesome, a must play, and there are far too many Gears of War, COD, and just sorry xbox 360 fanboys trying to downplay a nearly perfect game with undeserving low review scores.
  71. Mar 5, 2012
    I know this review is nearly three years after the release and no one will probably read this but I'm bored so i'm reviewing it. When i played this in 2009 it was breathtaking and still is today. Everything is polished to meticulous detail and I do mean everything. This is probably why the game is about 10 hours long which doesn't seem long but it suits the pacing of the game perfectly.I know this review is nearly three years after the release and no one will probably read this but I'm bored so i'm reviewing it. When i played this in 2009 it was breathtaking and still is today. Everything is polished to meticulous detail and I do mean everything. This is probably why the game is about 10 hours long which doesn't seem long but it suits the pacing of the game perfectly. This single player is perfection. The multiplayer is a bonus and is pretty solid. The co-op is great as well. But the game is about 3 years old s the multiplayer isn't exactly hot at the moment. But if anyone is reading this ,which I doubt, and you've never played an uncharted game you simply have to. I'm sorry but you should be forced to play it. There isn't much need to play the first one but make this your first uncharted. The first one is great but that game is very old. But you must play the 2nd one first in my opinion. Expand
  72. May 23, 2011
    Is this perfect game? We have to compare it to it's peers and by that standard it's a 10. Great game play, Great story, a real challenge playing on hard.
  73. Jun 29, 2011
    I'll start off by saying that I did NOT play "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune".
    I'll start off by saying that I did NOT play "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune".
    This game is essentially an interactive Indiana Jones movie. In the campaign mode, every thing is perfectly paced. There are plenty of gunfights, but never enough to exhaust you or bore you, the puzzles are accessible enough for anyone to figure out, yet challenging enough to give you that rewarding feeling of completion, and the controls are simple so that you can focus on what you're doing, as opposed to how you're supposed to do it. The graphics are arguably the best of any game on the PS3, and they run without any slowdown and with some very nice blurring effects. The online is just as good if not better than the campaign. If you've been playing COD a lot, then some adjustments will need to be made, but once you get used to it, it becomes a game that allows you to compete fairly with players of all caliburs. And, unlike COD, the "host migration" problem comes up VERY rarely (although, that may be because there are fewer players per match on Uncharted). WIth the price it's at now (about $30), it's a must buy.
  74. Feb 16, 2011
    This game is a fantastic game for the PlayStation 3. IN DEPTH- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an incredible sequel to 2007's Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is deservingly received game of the year. Continue reading to see it reviewed in depthâ
  75. Feb 21, 2011
    this game is outstanding, you can't even compare this to "COD". The graphics are amazing, the controls are decent, the story is amazing, the online gameplay is amazing, the maps are amazing, and its overall a lot more fun than call of duty black ops and modern warfare.
  76. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the closest thing to a perfect game available right now. The gameplay is fun. It uses a good shooting and cover system. Its visually stunning with some excellent set pieces. The writing and voicing are the best i've seen. The pacing of the game makes it constantly entertaining. A must have.
  77. Jun 13, 2011
    Whilst not one of my favourite games,I cannot fault this game in any way.There is no better game that springs to mind, where the graphics,story,characters,audio and gameplay get better as the game continues.
    I think I can say that playing UC2 is like being actually able to play 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.Just Awesome.
  78. Feb 27, 2011
    At this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negativeAt this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negative reviews can be written off as bias, even if they are not. Expand
  79. Nov 1, 2011
    Been playing games since the early 80s and this right now is for me the best game I've ever played. The morons on here that proclaim it being over rated and repetitve are either dimwits or work for competing games developers. I accept that we all like different things and for some this may only be an 8/10 game but I haven't been able to put it down. The single player was exciting,Been playing games since the early 80s and this right now is for me the best game I've ever played. The morons on here that proclaim it being over rated and repetitve are either dimwits or work for competing games developers. I accept that we all like different things and for some this may only be an 8/10 game but I haven't been able to put it down. The single player was exciting, engrossing and brought new ideas with humour and a fantatsic storyline. But it's the multiplayer that is just sublime. I paid £40 but had UNchartered 3 come out at £100 it would have been worth it simply for the replay value. The only other game that comes close to it is Streetfighter 2 when it came out on the Snes. I can't wait to play Drake's deception and for anyone who doesn't own Unchartered 2, this is a must own title that is right now a masterpiece in gaming. Expand
  80. Mar 3, 2011
    Basically, I only have one thing to say about this game and its prequel... Best movie I've seen in a lone time. Both feel like you are watching an action movie, while at the same time allow you to play a game. Even the online multiplayer is an action-packed blockbuster. If you have any doubts about this game, cast them aside, you won't need them where you're going.
  81. Apr 3, 2012
    Before I played Uncharted 2 I was what you could call an "xbox fanboy:" I wanted nothing to do with Sony, and I thought they were a joke of a company. I didn't realize how wrong I really was. One fateful day I strolled into my brothers room while he was at school and popped in Uncharted 2 to see what all the fuss was about. The game was so incredible that the tutorial, THE TUTORIAL,Before I played Uncharted 2 I was what you could call an "xbox fanboy:" I wanted nothing to do with Sony, and I thought they were a joke of a company. I didn't realize how wrong I really was. One fateful day I strolled into my brothers room while he was at school and popped in Uncharted 2 to see what all the fuss was about. The game was so incredible that the tutorial, THE TUTORIAL, made me question my xbox fanboyism. I played nonstop for hours, and Uncharted 2 was so good that I couldn't bring myself to put it down. This is the only game I've ever played that's made me laugh not because something in the game was particularly funny, but because I was experiencing something I've never experienced before in a game and I can't even describe the feeling other than it was pure gaming nirvana. To compare this game to a movie isn't enough, because it easily exceeds any action flick I've ever seen. The graphics, the controls, the characters are all perfect. Although Uncharted 2 may not be as long as say...Skyrim or Arkham city, what it lacks in length it makes up for in pure enjoyment. After one sitting with this game, it converted me from an xbox fan to a ps3 fan, and I ended up driving to Gamestop later that day to purchase a PS3 and Uncharted 2. In closing, even though Uncharted 2 is the second game in the series, I recommend completely skipping the first game, because quite frankly...it isn't that great. You don't need any back-story from Uncharted 1, because each game is it's own story. It's worth owning a PS3 just for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Expand
  82. Mar 6, 2011
    Can't believe all these 360 fanboys giving this game 0 out of ten, its a perfect ten from me and the best game of this gen so far, everything about this game is first class, graphics, gameplay, story and sound, they even added a fun multiplayer, while not as addictive as call of duty, its a good first attempt.
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task beating this with the sequel but if anyone can do it its Naughty Dog 10/10
  83. Jul 25, 2011
    I have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between thisI have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between this game and GOW is that while Gears is with out a doubt a good game, the story elements and character development are lacking extremely. This game is such a great package! You have a fantastic single player story, great competitive multiplayer, and a highly addictive co-op mode. I would never compare this game to anything....its a gem in its own right. Let Gears of War be what it is and let Uncharted 2 be what it is....they are both great gaming experiences, except one doesnt run off of the almost obsolete Unreal Engine. Expand
  84. Mar 9, 2011
    Easily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on CrushingEasily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on Crushing in 10 hours 47 minutes which was a great accomplishment. Your weapon choice a kinda big variety from rpg-7 to m4 to mk-ndi and so on. It gives a challenge because some people are harder to kill than others like the gau gunners and Shambahla guardians. The character choice for online is wide whether your a heroe or villian. So stop reading this, find $30 and go buy Uncharted 2. Expand
  85. Mar 10, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was one of the best games on the PlayStation 3 and of 2007. The story and characters were excellent, the visuals were outstanding and the gunplay and platforming elements were satisfying. Not only did it raise the bar for visuals, but it also spawned the start of what would be a successful franchise. Enter Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog'sUncharted: Drake's Fortune was one of the best games on the PlayStation 3 and of 2007. The story and characters were excellent, the visuals were outstanding and the gunplay and platforming elements were satisfying. Not only did it raise the bar for visuals, but it also spawned the start of what would be a successful franchise. Enter Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog's highly-anticipated sequel. With an impressive track record that dates back to the successful PlayStation franchise Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted 2 brought anticipation as well as expectation - Would it deliver, and more importantly, could it possibly get any better than it's predecessor? Absolutely. Uncharted 2 is a magnificent experience, a highly-exciting blend of extremely pacey action cinema and wonderous drama and, without a question, the best game of 2010 and absolutely of the best action games of all time.

The game is set roughly two years after Drake's Fortune. Protagonist Nathan Drake returns and, after meeting supporting characters Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer and discussing elements of the lost treasure of Marco Polo and the remnant fleets that go along with that legend, Drake agrees and they set off on a grand adventure that traverses street level, savannah and even snow environments. There are also some surprises in store that are certainly not going to be spoiled here.

Firstly, the story is fresh, brilliantly pre-concepted and superbly executed. The way Naughty Dog tells the story is suspensful and exciting. The cut-scenes are excellently shot and edited and feature some superb, witty writing and dialogue. The cast do a phenomenal job from a VO standpoint, which is becoming uncommon regarding recent lacklustre VO releases.

Of course Uncharted 2 is a retail game and shall be judged in every department, but the most absolutely anticipated aspect of the sequel lies in it's technical values and visual design. To be honest, each console has it's great game of visual merit. Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2 and now, Uncharted 2 for the PlayStation 3. The visuals here are absolutely impeccable, with jaw-dropping lighting, textures and water effects. The character animations are phenomenal and the cut-scenes are mesmerizing. It gives the game a great interactive, movie-like feel which brings in more intensity. The art direction will be talked about years from now and the draw distance and particle effects are incredible. Visuals seriously cannot possibly get any better than this. Naughty Dog has raised the bar again.

The sound effects are brilliant and the score is great, though overdone at times. The roaring pieces playing throughout intense firefights add to the tension, the great Tibetan music playing during said sequences are beautifully-arranged and the main theme is again memorable.

The gameplay is noticeably familiar to Drake's Fortune and will be both comfortable and instantly recognisable with gamers who played through Nate's first adventure. The gunplay is fleshed out slightly more with regards to additional features and weapons. Miniguns can be manned, gunfire is more effective from cover and the stealth sections are great and work perfectly within that theme. The AI, both friendly and hostile, is much more improved, thanks in part due to improved physics and environmental structuring. The level design now allows Drake to traverse more high places such as rooftops and ledges, and the AI will now respond more intelligently to your location. Friendly AI will also shoot with you and assist in covering you. On higher difficulties especially, AI vastly increases.

Naughty Dog has again included great amounts of bonus features - From treasures (now increased from sixty to one hundred), lots of medals that are tied to trophies (though sadly they remain near-identical) and lots of cheats, skins and gallery content that can be purchased using in-game money via obtaining medals.

Multiplayer is a new feature to Uncharted this time around, and it is fantastic. 10 people fight it out through 5 vs 5 gunfights across different incredibly-designed maps and lots of variety in their modes. Deathmatch is the most common and the way to go, but there are also other instances such as survival modes where up to three players can fend off waves of enemies, collecting gold and returning it to a location and capture the flag and territorial modes for even more intense play. There is also Co-op, where said three players can participate in missions garnered from levels of the single player campaign, though with different objectives and different sections of the level.

Overall, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an amazing game. It's great story excites, it's visuals are groundbreaking and the gunplay is again satisfying and greatly improved. The multiplayer is an excellent addition. This is a must-buy.
  86. Mar 24, 2011
    One of the best gaming experience I've ever had. This is as good as shooter games get. The directing and editing of this story is the best I've ever seen. Naughty Dog takes full advantage of the PS3 capabilities and it's an awesome game on a 52" HDTV. Now I wish I had a plasma. And yes, I've played it through several times.
  87. Mar 24, 2011
    Incredible story, incredible gameplay, incredible music, incredible scenery, incredible multiplayer, incredible girls. The best game in existence, hands down!
  88. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing orThis game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing or they're just saying that because they're 360 fanboys. The Graphics, Story, and everything about it are excellent. This game deserves all of the awards and hype, and it's WAY better and more original than COD and most other games. This game was so good, that I kept playing it to get the platinum trophy, and I've never done that to any other game before. I finished it 3 times and loved every second of it. Now I'm done with the Single Player. Now onto the Multiplayer. Sure, it has some problems, actually lots of problems, but the core gameplay is really fun and unique. These problems will probably be fixed in the next game, and I will definitely be getting that. I HIGHLY recommend you get this game, as it's the best game I've ever played(and I've played a lot). Expand
  89. Mar 12, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is compelling and keeps you playing. The graphics are awesome and the cutscenes are great. This is one of the games which makes you buy a ps3.
  90. Jan 10, 2012
    A jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC trainA jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC train sequence in the middle of the game. This game alone has made my recent purchase of a PS3 worth it. It's a f*cking awesome game, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed playing it. Expand
  91. May 27, 2011
    the uncharted series is without a doubt the best playstation exclusive out on the market right now. i was a huge fan of the first game and now having compleated this one as well i think it is even better and i did not think would be possible to improve on an already perfect game but they have done it. with amzaing graphics that makes it feel like you are watcing a movie the whole timethe uncharted series is without a doubt the best playstation exclusive out on the market right now. i was a huge fan of the first game and now having compleated this one as well i think it is even better and i did not think would be possible to improve on an already perfect game but they have done it. with amzaing graphics that makes it feel like you are watcing a movie the whole time instead of playing a game awsome voice actors new characters and the same wit and laugh out loud moments that you fall in love with in the first game there is simply no flaws that i can point out in this game. i have not played online mode yet since the story is so good and very unique based on an interesting concept i have not found a need to do so. i cannot wait for Uncharted 3 and will be pre ordering it asap and urge anyone with a love of games to get this series because both games in this series are can't miss oportunities for a fun filled adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the suprising ending Expand
  92. Mar 18, 2011
    Quite brilliant in many ways. Non stop entertainment from start to finish. So many games these days don't fulfill their potential, this isn't one of them. Looking forward to Uncharted 3.
  93. Mar 16, 2011
    This isn't just a game. It's an experience. The locale, characters, music... The aftertaste of this game is simply beautiful. Naughty Dog really will really have to pull their jackets on to top this game.
  94. Mar 22, 2011
    This without a dout, THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE! The story is great the, graphics are stunning and the gameplay is soooo much fun. Anyone who says differently wouldn't know a good game is it came up and bit them in the butt.
  95. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is quite simply one of, if not the best game available on PS3. There's no words that can do justice to just how amazing the game is. Impressed by what the first outing had to offer Uncharted 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way possible. Graphically and visually it shows exactly what the PS3 is capable off in what in displaying some off the most beautiful landmarks aroundUncharted 2 is quite simply one of, if not the best game available on PS3. There's no words that can do justice to just how amazing the game is. Impressed by what the first outing had to offer Uncharted 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way possible. Graphically and visually it shows exactly what the PS3 is capable off in what in displaying some off the most beautiful landmarks around the world, it is simply the best visuals ever to grace the console thus far. The cut scenes, lets just say they wouldn't look place in a Hollywood blockbuster movie they are jaw dropping, absolutely spectacular. The acting within the game is once again to perfection, pushing Drake to even higher heights in making him the ultimate protagonist on PS3. The storyline is also magnificent full of twists and turns with Drake initially setting out to find Marco Polo's lost treasure but this soon turns into a chase for the Cintamani Stone and finding the mythical Shambala, however he's not alone with Serbian war criminal Zoran Lazarevic hot in pursuit. Gameplay is fun as ever, the cover shooting system works superbly well again, the fighting has been slightly altered although nothing major, but the set pieces are just outstanding whether its climbing a crumbling building, jumping from broken ledges or dodging a plane on an overturned train its just the most awesome all round gaming experience ever, and in my opinion the best game out their on PS3 to date, like another review correctly suggested you should buy a PS3 just to play this! Expand
  96. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune delivered on such a level, that I never thought could be replicated, or, what Naughty Dog did here, make it better. If you played the first, definitely get this game.

The story starts off pretty neatly, you're in a trainwreck, shortly after "getting out" of the trainwreck, Nate passes out and it takes you throughout the events that occurred up to the wreck. Than the story unfolds. Naughty Dog continues to deliver amazing story telling, while making the gameplay deep and influential. Cannot possibly wait for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception! Bring it on Naughty Dog! We cant' wait!
  97. Mar 24, 2011
    One of the best game ever made and the reasons is the story is great and you like the characters and just some stupid one liners like other games.the graphics are amazing and proofs the ps3 is the console for the best graphics and not pulled back by multi-platform games that dont show ps3 full potential cause of xbox.the campaign is amazing you get sucked in and just want to keep playingOne of the best game ever made and the reasons is the story is great and you like the characters and just some stupid one liners like other games.the graphics are amazing and proofs the ps3 is the console for the best graphics and not pulled back by multi-platform games that dont show ps3 full potential cause of xbox.the campaign is amazing you get sucked in and just want to keep playing and you dont want it to end and its 10 hours long so thats good for a campaign.the multiplayer is top notch is well.So i recommend anyone who owns a ps3 to play this game its the best game on ps3 period and anyone who gives this a bad review which i seen on this website is xbox fanboy. Expand
  98. Mar 27, 2011
    This is seriously the greatest game i've ever played. Its got the best graphics, storytelling, gameplay, and multiplayer i've ever seen. Anyone that hasn't played it should, and anyone who genuinely has knows what i'm talking about.
  99. Apr 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is perfect in all things. Main story is great. All sounds and music are good.Graphic is AMAZING, propably the best graphic game.Gameplay is fun, there is a lot of action and there arent any loading durning big actions like in train' chase, that is incredible! This game is great reason to buy PlayStation 3!
    Unfortunately not all like 3rd person games.
  100. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is a marvel of gameplay merged with storytelling. From end to end it is a non-stop rollercoaster of excitement and action. You genuinely get to know and care about each character and their journey through this game. It is a game that I will go back to again and again, just to experience it again. Truly one of the best games ever made.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.