8.3

1. Nov 13, 2011
    I actually had a more enjoyable time playing through Uncharted 2, but Uncharted 3 is an excellent sequel to Naughty Dog's best work to date. Everything here is excellent, except the aiming, which has been discussed here and elsewhere on the web. The story was well done, well paced, and wonderfully presented. Somehow ND squeezed an extra bit of graphical umph out of the PS3 for this one.
  2. Dec 29, 2011
    After I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being aAfter I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being a great new addition). Expand
  3. Dec 12, 2011
    Naughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitiveNaughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitive because I was always doing something new. The game even made me laugh, which VERY FEW games have been able to do. I really did feel as if I was playing an Indiana Jones movie or one of my favorite books. I have not played the multiplayer or co-op which I am sure will be fun in their own right, but lets face it, this isn't COD; everyone buys this game for the single-player. I must say, this single-player is one of the best out their. Some of the critics complained it was more of the same, but I say why mess with perfection. If they make ANOTHER great story with MORE exciting scenes, what is to complain about. Yes, the gameplay is similar but I would not want drastically different anything, because why would you stray from the best reviewed ps3 game of all time? I cannot think of one bad thing to complain about, since they added the alternate shooting by listening to the fans. Expand
  4. Dec 9, 2012
    Not quite as essential as Unchartered 2 but a must have game all the same. Single player mode once again is excellent although not as fresh as the previous game. Multiplayer is incredible but I felt that some of the new maps were a bit dull. Being able to bring back the old maps was an excellent idea. I can't wait for an online game against 100 people instead of just a handfull. I will beNot quite as essential as Unchartered 2 but a must have game all the same. Single player mode once again is excellent although not as fresh as the previous game. Multiplayer is incredible but I felt that some of the new maps were a bit dull. Being able to bring back the old maps was an excellent idea. I can't wait for an online game against 100 people instead of just a handfull. I will be saving all my pennies for the PS4 just simply because Unchartered 4 will be on there. I'm certain that Naughty dog won't disappoint. Been gaming for 30 years and this is my 2nd best game ever. 1st of course is Unchartered 2. Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a thoroughly entertaining and impressive game, it's just not as good as Uncharted 2. Control seems somehow less precise, whether it is worse than Uncharted 2 or showing it's age I can't say for sure. Combat seems a little on the clunky side, but the game is simply so gorgeous that you really don't care. Story is top-notch as well. It's not a perfect 10, but it's a mustUncharted 3 is a thoroughly entertaining and impressive game, it's just not as good as Uncharted 2. Control seems somehow less precise, whether it is worse than Uncharted 2 or showing it's age I can't say for sure. Combat seems a little on the clunky side, but the game is simply so gorgeous that you really don't care. Story is top-notch as well. It's not a perfect 10, but it's a must buy it you own a PS3. I'd like to give it an 8.5 (if Metacritic would ever bother with a half point system), but 8 seems too low. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    Surprisingly challenging. Combat is slightly improved over its predecessors - bullets hit harder and Drake has some new melee moves. It's just fun to play all the way around. Naughty Dog is constantly changing up the game play type and surroundings to keep things always feeling fresh and different. A must-own for PS3 enthusiasts.
  7. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for uncharted 3. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is simply amazing. The story: character driven, emotional, and continually surprising. The gameplay: fluid, refined, with exciting mechanics that enhance the story. The presentation: the best visuals around, and the music is fantastic too. Great multiplayer, co-op, and tons of bonus features as well
  9. Mar 5, 2012
    Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story.Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story. Poorly fleshed out villains and a plot that was, well, pretty tacked on. Overall, a great game, but the weakest in the trilogy. One that pales in comparison with its predecessor. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    I found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This oftenI found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This often leads to frustrating deaths as switching between melee and shooting can be quite cumbersome and you are often left as an easy target. The pacing of the game is also inferior to UC2. Where UC2 ratcheted up the intensity of the action at a consistent pace, leading to a brilliant climax ,UC3 takes quite a while to get going and the first half could only be most favourably described as subdued. When it does get to its most intense chapters there are never quite up to par with UC2 and the game then sloooooows down just before the final chapters to a grinding pace that I found quite misjudged and frustrating. These games are clearly aping the beats of an adventure movie, most noticeably the Indiana Jones series, so why the designers didn't stick as closely to this pacing template is quite confusing. They got it just right the last time, so why not stick to it?
    It also feels shorter than the previous games and has quite a ho-hum finale, and to add to its bland troubles the main baddie of the game is about as exciting as a cardboard flavoured lolly pop. Think a stoned and bored Helen Mirren and you're pretty much there.
    The story isn't bad but it does have a faint smell of repetitive odour and several characters actually question the necessity of the quest, almost as though they've broken the fourth wall and are winking at us. The main cast all return but even their appearances feel somewhat perfunctory, as though they were contractually obliged to return.
    This is not to say the game is without its strengths: It looks absolutely gorgeous, and there are a number of very impressive set pieces, what with the budget undoubtedly being so high. There were a few moments of real emotional connection with the characters, which is rare, and good to see, in action video games. Having spent three games with most of these characters it is nice to see they still have depth and imperfections worth exploring.
    Had this game been released before UC2 I still don't think it would've reached the high scores of that outstanding title, but it would certainly not have been a disappointment in any way as it is certainly superior to the first.
    I did enjoy it but was constantly comparing it to UC2, willing it to be better, but it just never quite got there. I do hope there are more UC titles, but that the next one ups the ante again the way the second one did. This is a game that should be rented rather than bought as there simply isn't enough replay value and the multiplayer, whilst fairly enjoyable, is not good enough to justify a full price purchase.
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    I think this is one of the best games ever made. Fantastic action, transversal, story, characters, and amazing graphics. The campaign is the best ever, only if it's 8.5 hours(on Hard, but on Crushing its 9.5). The mp is okay, but the story has all the thrills. The ship graveyard battles destroy the train sequence from uc2. My favorite part is the horseback chase in Chapter 20. The bestI think this is one of the best games ever made. Fantastic action, transversal, story, characters, and amazing graphics. The campaign is the best ever, only if it's 8.5 hours(on Hard, but on Crushing its 9.5). The mp is okay, but the story has all the thrills. The ship graveyard battles destroy the train sequence from uc2. My favorite part is the horseback chase in Chapter 20. The best level design is in Chapter 11. :D Expand
  12. Nov 9, 2011
    It's not the "greatest game ever made" nor any other hyperbole should be used to describe this gem -- what it is, however, is a wonderful action title with stunning graphics (the locales are just gorgeous), wonderful gunplay and a full-fledged multiplayer feature. I believe it's on par with Uncharted 2, which is extremely high praise. Excellent work, Naughty Dog!
  13. Jun 11, 2013
    Easily the best of the 3. The story is amazing... and probably the best so far. There is something that happens at the end that makes you wonder...."What was that?" It makes me very interested for the 4th. Now on to Golden Abyss until The Last of Us comes out. Naughty Dog is definitely the best developer out there.
  14. Nov 14, 2011
    THE MOST BEATIFULL GAME EVER MADE !!! For me personally GAME OF THE YEAR. Pure action-adventure, Indiana Jones of XXI century. Absoletely MUST HAVE on PS3. Also the the main plot of the game is the best of all 3 parts. Sadly it is propably the last part of Uncharted on PS3 but it is worht every money !!!
  15. Dec 12, 2011
    Considering Naughty Dog's track record of fascinating and revolutionary games, Uncharted 3 had a ridiculous amount of people with extremely high expectations to satisfy. Well beyond all belief Naughty Dog has yet again produced a game that will be talked about when we remind ourselves of gaming greats.

Graphics- If when I say "graphics" you think, high resolution, realistic lighting and

Graphics-
    If when I say "graphics" you think, high resolution, realistic lighting and shadows. You won't be as impressed as you should with this game; it runs at 30 FPS, it's 720p and the lighting is good, but we're not playing Crysis here... We're playing Uncharted 3, a game were dust and sand sticks to your character's hair, a game where your clothes will blow in the wind and the water looks real. I have never once let out a short burst of laughter in disbelief before, especially when playing a game. This game changed that. when I saw sand cascade of a sand dune when i got close to the edge, and when I bolted for an exit as a storm of water chased me around the small corridors of a sinking ship, I did let out a breath of disbelief in what I was playâ
  16. Jul 25, 2013
    To be honest, Uncharted 2 has a better story, but that doesn't mean Uncharted 3's story is bad. Both are epic. The gameplay is the same as the previous games, and that's not a bad thing because Uncharted is not released year after year (like Call of Duty). The music is great, and the online is great. A must-own for your PS3 collection.
  17. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great Game, Stayed true to the features that made it memorable in the first place. However, even though I've given this game the highest possible score, I will critique it by copy pasting a passage I read from a critics review not long ago. "Uncharted 3 shows more people and more places, but tells players less. Gamers felt like they knew Nathan Drake at the end of Uncharted 2, at least a little. But by the closing moments of Uncharted 3, after spending 12 or so hours in his shoes, players somehow wind up knowing even less about him than they did at the gameâ Expand
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    It's hard to follow up a game like Uncharted 2. To some degree, the developers did. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a fantastic game with varied gameplay and an overall presentation unmatched by any other franchise. The graphics, story, characters, are incredible, and there are multiple moments in the game when my jaw dropped to the floor. Naughty Dog was able to accomplish a work of artIt's hard to follow up a game like Uncharted 2. To some degree, the developers did. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a fantastic game with varied gameplay and an overall presentation unmatched by any other franchise. The graphics, story, characters, are incredible, and there are multiple moments in the game when my jaw dropped to the floor. Naughty Dog was able to accomplish a work of art that even some Hollywood filmmakers are unable to do. However, when compared to its predecessor, Uncharted 3 doesn't stand as tall. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was a landmark in gaming. The game raised the bar for presentation, and became the new standard for action-adventure games. When your expectations have been raised so high, it's possible that, when going into the sequel, to be a little disappointed. But this game is still worth buying. It is definitely one of the best Playstation 3 games on the market, and the multiplayer and coop will keep you coming back for more. Expand
  19. Jul 31, 2012
    This game has great set pieces that will put most action movies to shame. It's actually jaw dropping at some points. The story is copy and pasted from the second one, unfortunately, and ultimately takes itself waaaaaaayyyyyy too serious. I recall one instance of nathan dramatically struggling in the desert and showing some humanity, and then immediately after fighting off 20 baddies.
  20. Nov 20, 2011
    Love games. Always have. Good time to be a gamer. Especially when there are such strong incentives to own any of the three systems available to the public right now; and I can honestly saying, after playing the entire trilogy - anyone giving this game anything less than a nine is either blind, 12 or craves attention.

I love COD MW3. I love Battlefield 3. I love GOW 3. I love GT5. I love

I love COD MW3. I love Battlefield 3. I love GOW 3. I love GT5. I love Forza 4. There is no bias here. Simply put, uncharted 3 is one of the most engrossing experiences you will ever have on a entertainment console. If you own a PS3, you must do yourself justice, and try uncharted 3. Playing the first two are not required, but I think 1 & 2 are impressive, even by today's standards.
  21. Dec 27, 2011
    Usually when you mention the words movie and game in the same sentence, it isn't a good thing. But, for the first time (at least for me) a game managed to have great gameplay and a great storyline.
  22. Mar 6, 2014
    If you like Uncharted Series you will love Uncharted 3, action, great story, beautiful graphics, all in one package, i keep my heart with uncharted 2 as the best of the series but please don't miss this one too
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    Stop looking at these damn reviews already! and BUY THIS GAME! Best game of the series and probably ONE of the best games ever made. Uncharted 3 is a true masterpiece in gaming.
  24. Jul 20, 2012
    mindblowing game its really impressive graphics are amazing the environment look life like Campaign mode packs a tight story with great voice acting and thrills multiplyer mode is why this game deserves a 10 its fantastic multi player mode has so many modes including co-op and frequent online updates with new patches and new modes very happy to get this game :)
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    Uncharted 2 was the best made game so far, now it is Uncharted 3. It has (minor) issues (Shooting felt a bit strange at first, also had some very minor bugs/glitches which is pretty atypical for Naughty Dog quality), but overall it's the best interactive experience there ever was.

The gameplay is fluid, even less emphasizing on shooting (still too much overall). The pacing is perfect

The pacing is perfect (again).
    The voice acting is perfect (again).
    How the story is told is perfect (again).
    The characters are awesome.
    The visual quality is breathtaking.
    The animations are one-of-a-kind in the gaming universe.
    The details are mesmerizing.
    The quality of every aspect of videogame making is miles ahead of any other game out there.
    Scenes inspired by Ico or Journey (Desert) are beyond amazing and nowhere to be found in any other mainstream action game.

Cons: Too short (about 7 hours) - but better too short than too long (which modern games fortunately "get" since some years)
    The enemies in the beginning looked a bit strange (too much of the same suits)
    Some (very) minor bugs (Orchestra starts or stops abruptly in 2 places, a scene "clipped" one time)

And finally the ending in an Uncharted game was as amazing as the other parts of the game (which it wasn't in Uncharted 1 & 2)

Overall, it wasn't a step as it was with Uncharted to Uncharted 2, but that obviously isn't the game's fault. It's just the fact, that Uncharted 2 already was perfect (the end boss aside).
    10 has nothing do with being (completely) "perfect". It shows where it stands in comparison to other games. There isn't any other game which comes close to the quality that Naughty Dog creates.
  26. Nov 8, 2011
    The Uncharted series is prof that we as â
  27. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. And so, the game is passed. I got the game very much. Let's start with the pluses and advantages of the game.
    Compared with the second part was much better graphics, animations, just an excellent, even rumpled clothes on the characters walking. Level design at an altitude of forests and beautiful cities I have not seen even a bare desert looks terrific, with pleasure on her wandering. Level design is made in the game at the highest level of the huge and beautiful, interesting caves. Cinematic in the game is made with more quality, even film can not shoot enough to make up a large chunk of all videos from the game. And most importantly, the plot. In the third part, he has become a major component of the game, and here the history of the past characters and secrets.
    And now about the cons, they unfortunately are.
    The biggest minus for me, which I did as I can not forgive the developers, this is an artificial intelligence of enemies. Or rather complete lack of intelligence. Home and the only tactic the enemy, it's going to break any means at Drake, through the bullets, grenades through, but the main goal of the enemy to come into focus and shoot! They did not on that they can not. The same intelligence is absent and teammates. Basically, they just stand and comment on, or what is happening, or the death of Drake. And so they killed someone, it's just a holiday. A bit repetitive enemies, but not normal, that regularly try to kill Drake and burly, with whom we must fight in close quarters. Of course it was very interesting when the fight was so husky in the bar or on the plane, but when they are found in almost every chapter, it begins to pall. Well, not without its monsters, big hairy gorilla and blue mutants. It is true there were demons, but a huge thanks to developers that they were not long, but not the whole ending of the game. There were technical flaws. Enemies often pass through walls or objects, Drake did not doprygival or not enough for benches. There is yet another disappointment for me. Why is it now a lot of action and too little jumps, acrobatics, rock climbing and adventure.
    That's only because the enemy AI and I lowered the score of the game, other shortcomings, I can forgive, but for a great multiplayer and out of respect for the developers for such an incredible game, I would add one point to the total assessment.
    As a result, 10 points, the game deserves it.
  28. Jan 23, 2013
    Outstanding game. The story and particularly the dialogue has been fine tuned (less cheesy, more natural but still retaining it's original sense of humour) as well as the familiar game play from the series, combined with the mind-blowing visual detail this game continues to raise the bar on previously outstanding titles. Since there's no .5's to award I'll round up a 9.5 to a 10. No gameOutstanding game. The story and particularly the dialogue has been fine tuned (less cheesy, more natural but still retaining it's original sense of humour) as well as the familiar game play from the series, combined with the mind-blowing visual detail this game continues to raise the bar on previously outstanding titles. Since there's no .5's to award I'll round up a 9.5 to a 10. No game is perfect but this comes as close as you can get.

I had some minor issues with the overwhelming waves of enemies but this is more a personal preference rather than bad game design. Having played through on hard I should of expected they would go all out for those hungry for the challenge.

Truly amazing game and the best in the series so far. Naughty Dog not only delivered the finest quality expected from their fans they continue to raise the bar across the board.
  29. Nov 9, 2011
    This is truly a great game, with excellent set pieces, levels, gameplay and everything its just perfect. With small scenes that beat the whole second game and many other games out in the market this game can't be missed and everyone with a PS3 should play it and if you don't have a PS3 you should sell your 360 or Wii for just this game. Truly deserves game of the year over any other gameThis is truly a great game, with excellent set pieces, levels, gameplay and everything its just perfect. With small scenes that beat the whole second game and many other games out in the market this game can't be missed and everyone with a PS3 should play it and if you don't have a PS3 you should sell your 360 or Wii for just this game. Truly deserves game of the year over any other game coming out this year. Expand
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a great sequence from Among of Thieves, and comes again with great visuals, outstanding sound and gameplay, the multiplayer become so much better in this title, and close with a golden key the Uncharted series.
  31. Nov 16, 2011
    This is a really good game, and it's definitely worth buying, but just know that it's not as good as Uncharted 2. The story, graphics and sound are all great. The only problem was the repetitive enemies - wave after wave of them, and they all look the same, plus a head shot isn't always an instant kill which got annoying. Would have liked a bit more challenging puzzles. These gripes a sideThis is a really good game, and it's definitely worth buying, but just know that it's not as good as Uncharted 2. The story, graphics and sound are all great. The only problem was the repetitive enemies - wave after wave of them, and they all look the same, plus a head shot isn't always an instant kill which got annoying. Would have liked a bit more challenging puzzles. These gripes a side it is a great game, with some amazing moments, but it is not worthy of a perfect 10. Don't get your hopes up like I did. Expand
  32. Apr 20, 2013
    The difficulty on this game spikes dramatically after the first third of the game. More so even later, with uneven weapons, terrible repetitive melee combat, headshots that don't kill until you've done it 3-4 times (and I even got the trophy for 100 headshots), and just overall terrible deaths for no reason other than unpolished gameplay. The credits reveal why: story comes first beforeThe difficulty on this game spikes dramatically after the first third of the game. More so even later, with uneven weapons, terrible repetitive melee combat, headshots that don't kill until you've done it 3-4 times (and I even got the trophy for 100 headshots), and just overall terrible deaths for no reason other than unpolished gameplay. The credits reveal why: story comes first before gameplay. Play this game on Very Easy for it to be even remotely finishable compared to the previous 2. I'm disappointed Naughty Dog. I love your stuff and the story was great, but the gameplay on this game leaves me not wanting to pick up another ps3 exclusive. Expand
  33. Feb 12, 2012
    Uncharted 3 (along with Uncharted 2) is BY FAR the BEST GAME EVER!!!! Ø
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    One of the best game ever made. Uncharted 2 multiplayer debuted online and it was quite fun and addictive, but with Naughty Dog Uncharted 3 multiplayer led to another level, with the most medals won during the game and our actions, the game seems more fluid and Speed is welcome since it is crucial at certain points, the Buddy System is one of the innovations that have greatly appreciated,One of the best game ever made. Uncharted 2 multiplayer debuted online and it was quite fun and addictive, but with Naughty Dog Uncharted 3 multiplayer led to another level, with the most medals won during the game and our actions, the game seems more fluid and Speed is welcome since it is crucial at certain points, the Buddy System is one of the innovations that have greatly appreciated, and there are treasures to be rewarded by the acquire was very well thought out and brings innovation which is very good in team deathmatch there is the possibility of an extension when the two teams are tied too which is very good, customizable characters and weapons are very important in the game, bringing innovation, among other things that have implemented the new multiplayer are welcome, bringing improvements innovation and long fun.The single player lasts about 10 hours on normal difficulty. The game has many special effects, more than Uncharted 2, making the game even more epic, has a good story, memorable characters, a perfect soundtrack, more puzzles and more difficult, a more dynamic and fluid gameplay. Regarding the gameplay was a lot of changes, mainly in the struggle and in arms and sound the same. The weapons are more difficult to control, but therefore brings greater realism. The scope of the various weapons are weapons of different design and also bringing something new. The story although very good, has some holes, and two characters with us for almost any adventure, then there is a situation and never appear, even at the end. I am sorry that Speed â Expand
  35. Nov 6, 2011
    An enjoyable and well-written thrill ride that dazzles at every turn with astonishing set pieces and phenomenal voice acting. Features plenty of jaw-dropping scenes that put the last 5 years of summer blockbusters to shame. Uncharted 3 also features some of the most dynamic and surprisingly human characters to ever appear in a video game. However, the game does definitely suffer from anAn enjoyable and well-written thrill ride that dazzles at every turn with astonishing set pieces and phenomenal voice acting. Features plenty of jaw-dropping scenes that put the last 5 years of summer blockbusters to shame. Uncharted 3 also features some of the most dynamic and surprisingly human characters to ever appear in a video game. However, the game does definitely suffer from an unshakable sense of deja vu in its final hour which is a shame considering where the scribes at Naughty Dog could have taken the game's stellar story. My only real complaint is that the aiming controls feel strangely stiff compared to the previous two entries. After a period of getting used to the new system this is hardly a problem at all. A truly excellent outing from Naughty Dog. Expand
  36. Dec 23, 2011
    The best Uncharted so far. The visuals are stunning, the plot/story is really good. It feels like a playable movie. The weapons could have been a bit more diversified, but it's a fun and great game!
  37. Nov 11, 2011
    I only play the multiplayer but some ppl tell me the campaign its awesome , the only thing i thought that it was a little bad was shooting in the multiplayer its very hard to control the aim, i know its in 3 person but still its a little hard for ppl who are not used to fps in 3 person. but without that is a AWESOME GAME! Recommended!!
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GOT NO WORD!!! Uc3 has all what it needs to be the best game of all time on anyplatform or pc. Probably deserves game of the year award but it won't get because uc2 2009 year award!!! Expand
  39. May 26, 2012
    The Uncharted series has always proved that shooters don't always have to be about shooting. This game is full of strategy and the visuals are among the most stunning of any game ever.
  40. Nov 9, 2011
    this game is best game in 2011 year Uncharted 3 : Story is amazing , Gameplay perfect from London to Sands , Best graphics in this genaration , Multiplayer better than Uncharted 2 with to many new things , Great soundtrack and voices acting , for me Uncharted 3 is game of the year .
  41. Nov 8, 2011
    uncharted 3 im so happy naughty dog gave us a game that improved from its sequel def a game of the year but i critic the cutscene when it interrupts the gameplay
  42. Nov 8, 2011
    drake is drakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee perfect game end.........only on playstation;) ok????you understand???????
  43. Nov 8, 2011
    The best 60$ I spent this week. The game is amazing. The perfect mix of blood. sweat, tears and dedication mixed into one. You could tell everyone involved with this masterpiece wanted to create an amazing experience instead of making a quick buck.
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is amazing. As a PC gamer with a powerful computer, this game can visually stand next to even the best looking games on any console including PC. Not only are the visuals amazing, but the voice acting and animation are once again unbelievably perfected. The story is gripping, the relationships are tested, the action is powerful, and puzzles are entertaining. Overall, this is the GOTY.
  45. Nov 8, 2011
    best f***ing game ever. great job once again. From the campaign to the multiplayer , this game is the best. i would recommend uncharted 1, 2, and 3 to anyone.
  46. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game. The graphics are absolutely stunning and the cinematics and gameplay is intense. The story and voice acting was great. There were a few issues such as aiming, but after playing for a while you can get used to it. If you are new to the series I recommend that you pick up this and the first 2 as they are great exclusives for the PS3.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!! This is probably the best game I've ever played. There are moments in the campaign where I literally almost dropped the controller in awe.. The graphics are the best I've ever seen on a console.. hands down. The action sequences.. oh my sweet lord, the action sequences!!! I have never played a game with better action sequences than Uncharted 3. I feel like I'm aEPIC EPIC EPIC!!!! This is probably the best game I've ever played. There are moments in the campaign where I literally almost dropped the controller in awe.. The graphics are the best I've ever seen on a console.. hands down. The action sequences.. oh my sweet lord, the action sequences!!! I have never played a game with better action sequences than Uncharted 3. I feel like I'm a main character in a hollywood blockbuster when I play. Its really amazing the things that are in this game. I won't spoil it for you.. if you want to see just go watch a trailer or something. This game is a 10 Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    This game's multiplayer alone sh!ts on almost every other game. The graphics are better than Killzone 3's graphics. The voice acting is top notch. AND it sold 3.8 million copies in its first day. BUY THIS GAME!!!
  49. Nov 9, 2011
    Honestly one of the greatest experiences i have ever had playing a game. Nolan North and crew once again pull off performances that put movie actors to shame. The writing was top notch and all though some bits of plot were not tied up at the end of the game, the overall story was incredible. Nothing needs to be said about the graphics or game play because this is the Uncharted franchiseHonestly one of the greatest experiences i have ever had playing a game. Nolan North and crew once again pull off performances that put movie actors to shame. The writing was top notch and all though some bits of plot were not tied up at the end of the game, the overall story was incredible. Nothing needs to be said about the graphics or game play because this is the Uncharted franchise were talking about everyone knows what to expect. I just cant explain enough of how great of a game this is. People can troll all they want but, i bet they would change their minds if they actually just sat down and played this masterpiece for 10 minutes because that is all it will take. Expand
  50. Nov 9, 2011
    Best video game franchise ever created. Truly lives up to it's expectation especially after all the success off of Uncharted 2. The story telling is nothing less than stellar where the game truly plays out like a movie. I can't wait till what Naughty Dog comes out with next!
  51. Nov 9, 2011
    imo better than uncharted 2. everything in the gameplay has been refined, for example, throwing back grenades, and the melee combat, which is actually fun this time around. the story is also a lot better, tighter and easier to follow. the set pieces are fantastic, as are the characters, the visuals are the best of any game on any console, as is the sound and production values....thisimo better than uncharted 2. everything in the gameplay has been refined, for example, throwing back grenades, and the melee combat, which is actually fun this time around. the story is also a lot better, tighter and easier to follow. the set pieces are fantastic, as are the characters, the visuals are the best of any game on any console, as is the sound and production values....this campaign is just perfectly placed and is a blast to play through multiple times. Multiplayer is also alot better this time around because it gives you a better sense of progression...and of course the co-op is fun as hell. usually i hate playing online, but i actually dug this multiplayer and co-op. all in all a great overall package
    some issues: sometimes drakes movements are a little awkward, 1 or 2 spots in the campaign where the firefights are a bit too long, sometimes enemies seem to sense you even when you are not spotted....aside from this small flaws, this game is just awesome.
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    A very thrilling game with dynamic set pieces and a blockbuster story. The difficulty spikes at times due to cheap enemy encounters but overall one of the best games of the year. It does not truly top its predecessor but still fantastic.
  53. Nov 12, 2011
    Masterpiece. It is one of them game , to , me that is like a fine piece of art. I hope this game does well in the market, because i would hate for this series to fall out of the loop especially to games like MMW 3.
  54. Dec 28, 2011
    Same at Uncharted 2, epic history. Developers make progress with graphic, have better textures and better AA, named MLAA. Locations are awesome with lots of details. Multiplayer same situation at U2, its just booring after long playing. So i not give a 10/10 but 9/10. Ohh and is a must have for every PS3 Player :P.
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is amazing! Graphics are incredible, story is awesome, and the way everything is put together is stunning. A+ for sure, and I am only talking about the single player portion of the game. NaughtyDog brings it again, and should be up for another Game of the Year award.
  56. Oct 26, 2012
    Graphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences wereGraphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences were also better in UC2. Drakes Deception is better than Drakes Fortune but not as good as Among Thieves. Expand
  57. Feb 15, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and it absolutely blew my mind when I played it. The characters were great and the pacing of the single-player was perfect. The co-op and multiplayer efforts were great too and I enjoyed playing them with my friends. Two years after its release, Naughty Dog release a sequel, Uncharted 3. Of course, I was pumped and of course, the game isI am a huge fan of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and it absolutely blew my mind when I played it. The characters were great and the pacing of the single-player was perfect. The co-op and multiplayer efforts were great too and I enjoyed playing them with my friends. Two years after its release, Naughty Dog release a sequel, Uncharted 3. Of course, I was pumped and of course, the game is superb. The single-player, co-op and multiplayer are all top-notch and head and shoulders above their competition and anybody looking to buy this game because they loved its predecessor, go ahead and purchase it right away. There is one flaw with the game, though and it sticks out for people who have played the last game. The last several chapters of the single-player are WAY too familiar and they used the same plot-structure from Uncharted 2. I won't spoil anything, but I could basically make an equation out of Uncharted 2's last several chapters and it would fit perfectly with this game. That's a problem, considering how great Uncharted 2's story was and I was expecting something even greater from its sequel. Overall, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is still a superb game and fans of the series, PS3 owners and action game enthusiasts should purchase it right away. Expand
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is not just a game but a true masterpiece in the gaming world which is a must have title for all owners of the PS3. This game deserves the praise it is getting.
  59. Dec 29, 2011
    Uncharted 3's biggest problem is that all of it's competition tries to improve and expand as a sequel, Uncharted plays it safe and does alter the game too much. Uncharted 3 is not a bad game, especially to Uncharted fans like me, but I think that Uncharted 4 should change up the formula and try to be as memorable as Uncharted 2 was. 9.5/10
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    this game is amazing. Better than UC2 IMO. It builds on what UC2 did right and improves the game-play by further expanding the formula. it is a little shorter than the second installment but it is worth every penny. I guarantee satisfaction
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    The follow up to one of the greatest games of all time (UC2) Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception does not disappoint. One of the greatest story campaigns I personally have ever played. Multiplayer is top notch and extremely fun and balanced. Graphics and there is nothing that comes close to this game on consoles
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3 was one of the greatest video games I have ever played. From the graphics to the gameplay. Everything was top notch. The characters seemed believable and the awesome story mode made me want to not turn it off. I was at the edge of my seat as I was hanging from a cliff or falling out of a plane.
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    Overall, U3 is not perfect. The linear gameplay makes way for its strengths and weaknesses: cinematic and technological advances with tight level design versus gamer choice, and less challenge. What remains though, is still the pinnacle of the modern console: an engineered experience. This is a one of a kind game that cannot be recommended more. Some might argue that Among Thieves is theOverall, U3 is not perfect. The linear gameplay makes way for its strengths and weaknesses: cinematic and technological advances with tight level design versus gamer choice, and less challenge. What remains though, is still the pinnacle of the modern console: an engineered experience. This is a one of a kind game that cannot be recommended more. Some might argue that Among Thieves is the better game, but the improved technology and the manner in which emotion is explored takes the Uncharted template and creates something not new, but better. It is the ultimate Uncharted experience. Expand
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted 3 doesnt just feel like a video game. It feels like your watching a movie with an excellent story. The twists and turns throughout the game and the gameplay overall make this game one of the greatest game of all time. I considered Uncharted 2 my favorite game before this one. Every gamer should buy this game.
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    One of the most finest and most epic game on ps3.Amazing graphics,game-play,voice acting,story and combat.This is one of the games that will be remembered for ages to come. But a bit short though.
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted 3: L'illusion de Drake est magnifique.
    Les graphismes ont été améliorés, le jeu est fluide extrêmement coloré et réaliste.
    Le solo est sublime avec pleins de séquences dont on se souviendra, il y a 22 chapitres mais chaque chapitres paraissent plus long que dans le 2. Le multi
    Uncharted 3: L'illusion de Drake est magnifique.
    Le multi est fun, avec encore plus de modes de jeu et un coop plus poussé avec de vrais scénarios ressemblant par fois au solo.
  67. Jan 5, 2012
    After being a bit disappointed with Uncharted 2, which I believe to be overhyped, I was interested to see how UC3 fared. Overall, it's a much better game. The gameplay and graphics are still pretty much exactly the same with minor additions to the fighting and some new weapons. However, unlike UC2, I was never bored when playing the story. There were moments in UC2 that felt like more of aAfter being a bit disappointed with Uncharted 2, which I believe to be overhyped, I was interested to see how UC3 fared. Overall, it's a much better game. The gameplay and graphics are still pretty much exactly the same with minor additions to the fighting and some new weapons. However, unlike UC2, I was never bored when playing the story. There were moments in UC2 that felt like more of a chore than a fun activity but they have eradicated that in this game. The story and voice acting are amazing once again and all the levels are different, always offering something new, which was the main thing UC2 lacked in my opinion. Definitely a must have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    Ce jeu est tout simplement magnifique comme uncharted1 et 2, que dire de plus encore une fois Nauty dog nous a montrer ce qu'on peut faire avec une machine puissante comme une PS3... aureusement qu'il y a des dévloppeur comme eux !!! Merci
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    Jaj rozbalite tuto game so when you think of you in paradise.Bombova game do I admit I would totiÅ¡ this is because it gave 98 skore uzasne spoilerovat so radsej nehovorim and I don't want anything.Here the game gods I'm predobiednal and I got the bonuses.It is the strength of the vtej co Ty kosko-game going on, I put it presiel 5 krat mam platinum it's just the icing on theJaj rozbalite tuto game so when you think of you in paradise.Bombova game do I admit I would totiÅ¡ this is because it gave 98 skore uzasne spoilerovat so radsej nehovorim and I don't want anything.Here the game gods I'm predobiednal and I got the bonuses.It is the strength of the vtej co Ty kosko-game going on, I put it presiel 5 krat mam platinum it's just the icing on the cake of multiplayer lvl 198.And I highly congratulate Naughty dog for the super game (akÄ Expand
  70. BDA
    Nov 11, 2011
    I Love the Uncharted series! It's something all of my friends know and Uncharted 2 is the game that made me proud to own a PS3. Uncharted 3 is an amazing sequel and is well deserving of the praise that it's getting from the Media and from all the users on Metacritic. Something that this game does better than the past 2 games is the Storytelling. The story is magnificent. If there is oneI Love the Uncharted series! It's something all of my friends know and Uncharted 2 is the game that made me proud to own a PS3. Uncharted 3 is an amazing sequel and is well deserving of the praise that it's getting from the Media and from all the users on Metacritic. Something that this game does better than the past 2 games is the Storytelling. The story is magnificent. If there is one thing that Uncharted fans wanted from the past game is that there would be a lot more Sully. This game has Sully, a LOT of Sully. I can't get enough of the guy, probably one of my favourite side characters in video game history. The sound is top notch, The music is great and the graphics are the best the PS3 has to offer. The Gameplay is smooth but there is a few kinks that need to be fixed, regardless, it's still very solid and very well done. A must buy for any PS3 owner. Expand
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    Sequel after sequel, Naughty Dog continues to redefine the series and create an immersive and satisfying game. Among Thieves raised the bar of cinematic storytelling, and Drake's Deception raises it even more. The epic scale of this game is truly amazing and sometimes you will push pause just to take in its massive scale. Naughty Dog tweaked the controls and made them more fluid and andSequel after sequel, Naughty Dog continues to redefine the series and create an immersive and satisfying game. Among Thieves raised the bar of cinematic storytelling, and Drake's Deception raises it even more. The epic scale of this game is truly amazing and sometimes you will push pause just to take in its massive scale. Naughty Dog tweaked the controls and made them more fluid and and seamlessly progress the story. In addition to the satisfying story mode, Multiplayer is back with more depth and customization, surely to keep you busy for many hours after the single player campaign Naughty Dog can and should pat themselves on the back for making a true gaming experience no one should miss. Expand
  72. Nov 16, 2011
    the uncharted series is to be owned by each & every playstation 3 owner...great story, awesome graphics, brilliant audio, addicting multiplayer experience, and co-op fun with your friends, if you own a ps3, and haven't played an uncharted game, you're definitely NUTS...
  73. Nov 11, 2011
    I completed this game and i have no faults with it. The story is very good with a nice length to too long and definitely not too short. The range of difficulties are good for everyone and how they like to play the game. The story in this uncharted helps give Drake more of a back round that the other tow games have not. It shows more about his history. The online is also very good with manyI completed this game and i have no faults with it. The story is very good with a nice length to too long and definitely not too short. The range of difficulties are good for everyone and how they like to play the game. The story in this uncharted helps give Drake more of a back round that the other tow games have not. It shows more about his history. The online is also very good with many game mods with your multiplayer matches and your co-op matches. You can also play offline with a friend on these modes. Expand
  74. Nov 12, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece!, Just as it was uncharted 2.
    I have not much else to say naughty dog is overcome more and more.
    The only thing not surprising as the uncharted 2
  75. Nov 12, 2011
    The most beautiful game i ever see, i have to finish this game as much as i can,until nauseate.Anyone that buy a ps3 is obligate to buy this game to see the truth power of current sony´s console.
  76. Nov 12, 2011
    this is the greatest game of all time..from graphics to gameplay and this perfect cutscenes this game sings..the single player is better than ever and so the multiplayer.before drakes deception i could not imagine how a game can be better than among thieves..but naughty dog did it again anb bring us this invaluable treasure for our collection..goty for sure
  77. Nov 12, 2011
    Amazing game, great story, wonderful graphics and charismatic characters. I managed to overcome the first two games. In my opinion this game deserved the GOTY!
  78. Nov 12, 2011
    Amazing everything you expected from Uncharted 3 is here, a must own for all PS3 owners. Multilayer is surprisingly better than Uncharted 2 and a great single player experience.
  79. Nov 13, 2011
    besides all the yada yada comments about the black people cant jump i really like this game this game have everything i wished for from a third person shooter besides gears,skyrim,forza,duty,saints row,darksouls, and goldeneye reloaded this game have to be game of the year
  80. Nov 13, 2011
    Just finished it (took me about 10 hrs) - awesome game, like the previous !! Not as good as Uncharted 2 - but very close. Loved the boat & airplane scenes -- just BRILLIANT!! The graphics are really superb -- I was just staring at the desert sands and dunes blowing -- as if in a movie scene...STUNNING !! Highly recommended - now bring on the 4th.
  81. Nov 13, 2011
    This is it. GOTY 2011 by far. Of course because of all the greatness as described by others but also because of the AWESOME 3D experience. Nothing but superlatives for the beautifully mastered 3D environment, which improves over the standard 2D experience with a full 200%. U3 in 3D is an absolute masterpiece!!!
  82. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply the best game currently available, perfect in every aspect, great fun to play and replay, I hope for new chapters ^:^ thanks sony thanks naughty dog.
  83. Nov 13, 2011
    The most underrated game series of all time.This game just improves on the previous two. Less so on the second but that isnt a bad thing, the gameplay, graphics, animation, sound , story telling is just incredible!
  84. Dec 31, 2011
    I have to say that this is the BEST game I've ever played! Everything in this game is top-notch, there is nothing negative I can say about it. This game deserves an overall rating of 9.5 or more, and a perfect 10 from me - loving this game so much! You have to be stupid to rate it below 9.5.
  85. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GOTY2011.This is wonderfull game.ONE IS GREATESTS GAME EVER MADE.Ever ps3 user get bay this game.Story,gameplay,graphics and music is perfecto.Av club has'not soul. Expand
  86. Nov 13, 2011
    If you gave this game a bad review then your just an idiot and should be educated. The hard work ND put forth is visible and should be acknowledged .From beginning to end this game displays a team of talented group of people that love and care what they do with a passion ,I've played video games my whole life and it's evolving and Uncharted is pure proof of that.
  87. Nov 13, 2011
    To start I think people need to realize that we are ranking a game, not a series. Some of these lower rating are being given because it is being compared to UC 1 and UC 2. The Uncharted series is beyond any ranking, it is something movie writers and creators cannot even come close to doing. That being said, Uncharted 3 is a great game! To start the storyline is wonderful, the gamesTo start I think people need to realize that we are ranking a game, not a series. Some of these lower rating are being given because it is being compared to UC 1 and UC 2. The Uncharted series is beyond any ranking, it is something movie writers and creators cannot even come close to doing. That being said, Uncharted 3 is a great game! To start the storyline is wonderful, the games play is great, and the on line play is enjoying. Now like I said it is a awesome game in an even better series of games. People are getting caught up comparing it to Uncharted 2 (which in my opinion is greatest game ever made) and of course by comparing it to that it will receive a lower score. You need to look at this game only and not the others in the series and by doing that it will receive a 10/10. I even starting thinking of this game and ranking it lower then it should be. I realized that I was comparing it to UC 1 and UC 2. Once I thought of the game play of UC 3, I then realized that I need to review the game not the series. Trust me, buy the game you will not be disappointed! It does start off a little slower then the others, but it is to create the storyline. If I do have one complaint in the game it would be the final boss fight. There is no long fight sequence in the final fight like the other games, but it is a cool scenario and ending that you are in. I cannot wait for more games in the franchise and to see the Uncharted series continue to grow will be great! Expand
  88. Nov 13, 2011
    Uncharted 3 According to me and of it sets a gold standard for video gaming by proving that video games are more than just a game they are the best form of entertainment uncharted 3 takes every mechanics from uncharted 1 and uncharted 2 and improves each and every mechanics including graphics which many thought couldn't be improved more than uncharted 2.This only proves one thing unchrtedUncharted 3 According to me and of it sets a gold standard for video gaming by proving that video games are more than just a game they are the best form of entertainment uncharted 3 takes every mechanics from uncharted 1 and uncharted 2 and improves each and every mechanics including graphics which many thought couldn't be improved more than uncharted 2.This only proves one thing unchrted is the gratest gaming franchise of this generation and probably ever.Also Naughty Dog is the best.I Love You guys. Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is seriously cool. I am currently studying film, so a game that players like youâ
  90. Nov 4, 2012
    When i first played this game i was like ERMAGHEERRD DA VIZZUALLS BRUVA! (oh wow the graphical technology on shot is rather the sh*t), I **** ON DA SCREEN COS IT BE LIKE SOOOO GUUURD AND I GOT ALL DA TROPHIES N ALL (i had quite a good single player experience with this game and was blown away by the story, also i liked it so much i went back and played it again to complete any things i hadWhen i first played this game i was like ERMAGHEERRD DA VIZZUALLS BRUVA! (oh wow the graphical technology on shot is rather the sh*t), I **** ON DA SCREEN COS IT BE LIKE SOOOO GUUURD AND I GOT ALL DA TROPHIES N ALL (i had quite a good single player experience with this game and was blown away by the story, also i liked it so much i went back and played it again to complete any things i had missed)

Translated from derp a herp herp to english by google translate
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the greatest game i have ever played. from graphics to gameplay, from gameplay to story telling. This had it all. The graphics, at first glance, don't appear much better, but at a closer look, the detail is a lot better than "Among Thieves" and went well with everything that was going on. The frame rate never dropped no matter what was going on below 60 fps. The sand was withoutThis is the greatest game i have ever played. from graphics to gameplay, from gameplay to story telling. This had it all. The graphics, at first glance, don't appear much better, but at a closer look, the detail is a lot better than "Among Thieves" and went well with everything that was going on. The frame rate never dropped no matter what was going on below 60 fps. The sand was without a doubt, the best effects i have ever seen in a video game. From clinging to Drake's hair, to falling down slopes when he walked on the edge. The water was even better than ever, it acted as if it was real; same with the fire. The fire moved as though Naughty Dog programmed oxygen or something to eat up wood. The gameplay was better than anything i have ever seen. Hand to hand fighting was actually fun, and not boring like the first two where you would rather shoot instead. The game moved with epic set pieces in the most random places and in ways without disrupting what was going on. Example: you would be fighting and something would explode and the whole level would tilt and the environment would react to what would happen in real life. The gun-play is better than ever also. It is more accurate than before. allowing you to see your enemies further, the guns act very real for a third person shooter. The story as the back-cover summary says on the case, details around the relationship between Nathan and Sullivan, this time. it's not so much treasure questing this time around. The game tells the story of everything about them as a son and father sort of way. You find things out about Nathan that makes you wonder about future games. With twists in the story randomly there are very emotional parts that can bring tears to your eyes just watching. The voice acting is top notch, very few games reach this level of awesomeness. The replay value is very high, until you beat story mode. The online isn't all that as usual, but that's not stopping me from keeping it to replay it again one day. This is one game that should be labeled game of the decade. From beginning to end. It was non-stop heart racing action that ends in a surprising and satisfying way. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception only for PlayStation 3 THE GREATEST GAME EVER. And yes i do also have an Xbox 360 and have played nearly every big game on it. This beats all Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    It´s amazing, best graphics, real animations and sound, game in 3d, great multiplayer, interesting plot, cinematic effects, improved fighting and yes volumetric touching lights,cruise-boat dumps, plane crash, cities of mud and sands, dunes,good setting arab. It´s perfect the best game you can buy with money in this year, it´s a Masterpiece!!
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is the reason we play video games. The Uncharted series just keeps getting better and better. They've taken every exciting big action event from all of your favourite action movies, and rolled them up into one fantastic video game. I'm disappointed that more games aren't made to this caliber. I would someday like to see the graphics and feel of Uncharted added to an RPG.
  94. Nov 14, 2011
    In short - Monumental. The previous mistakes Naughty Dog had made in the inclusion of the cliche supernatural enemies has been done far better this time around, as it arises to be slightly ambiguous and allowing to point fingers at the enemies existence. This element has been one of the major drawbacks to the previous games in the series, and ambiguity has helped this third installmentIn short - Monumental. The previous mistakes Naughty Dog had made in the inclusion of the cliche supernatural enemies has been done far better this time around, as it arises to be slightly ambiguous and allowing to point fingers at the enemies existence. This element has been one of the major drawbacks to the previous games in the series, and ambiguity has helped this third installment from falling into the same hole. Apart from this the narrative is far more interesting, involving flashbacks, interesting dream sequences, with clear inspirations from classic masterpieces in cinema like Lawrence of Arabia. The action is packed, and the rhythm is brilliant. Generally most single player experiences lose me half way, but here I played the game from start to finish in a single sitting. Mind you the game is short, but great things always come to an end quickly, but are forever remembered. This game is not only the best in the series, but is the best Playstation 3 game ever made. I believe the whole middle half of this game continually keeps surprising. They keep throwing more and more on you, and the game just doesn't let down. From battling on boats, to catching a plane, to landing in the desert, the game will chain you to the moments. Also don't worry about the controls or the gameplay, it's as fluid as ever and far superior to the zero recoil and lack of muzzle climb you'd find in the unrealistic interpretations during the last installments. Then there's multi-player, and expect to be playing this one a whole lot longer than the last due to the in depth progression system made to keep up with the times, and the awesome assortment of possible load-outs minus game breaking perks like classic COD stopping power. In end you'll be asking yourself do I go with weapon expert or fleet foot? That will be one of the many hard choices you will have playing this game, what won't be a hard choice however, will be deciding on whether to pick up this game. Highly Recommended Expand
  95. Nov 20, 2011
    Great, but multiplayer takes too long to set up.
    Great, but multiplayer takes too long to set up.
    The uncharted series has always kept up its insanely high standards, Uncharted 2 making it into IGN's game of the year. Uncharted 3 expands on the success making everything bigger better and raising the stakes. I won't say too much about the story, but i can say that it is pretty short. Thats one of the downsides. Uncharted 2 packed in multiplayer, but i never touched it, mostly because it was too hard to find a match and it took too long to load. This is the same here, but since the game is newer, there ARE people playing. Right now its pretty easy to find a match and it is pretty easy to set up, but takes much longer than games like Call of duty, then again, those games are mainly for multiplayer so i cant say much.

In the end, the package is relatiely short, but sweet. If your looking for a great game to last you the summer, pick up uncharted 3, and while your at it, pick up the first two like i did.
  96. Nov 15, 2011
    Direct mirror of the amazing Uncharted 2, with even more explosive adventure. UC3 is designed with so much care and heart into it that is shines so bright on the PS3. If it ain't broke don't fix it, that would true but Naughty Dog out done themselves by not copying and pasting but instead made it so much better than its predecessor. If you thought UC2 looked so good UC3 will sparkleDirect mirror of the amazing Uncharted 2, with even more explosive adventure. UC3 is designed with so much care and heart into it that is shines so bright on the PS3. If it ain't broke don't fix it, that would true but Naughty Dog out done themselves by not copying and pasting but instead made it so much better than its predecessor. If you thought UC2 looked so good UC3 will sparkle brighter when you play it, it's playing a movie while watching it at the same time. Expand
  97. Nov 15, 2011
    The number one game on PS3 right now, if not ever.
    It was an amazing journey from start to finish, the gameplay, graphics and story are as always from the Uncharted franchise second-to-none.
    An added bonus is the challenging yet not too difficult list of trophies you can collect (Unlike most games with the silly hard to get multiplayer ones). On the lines of multiplayer, I find it a huge
    The number one game on PS3 right now, if not ever.
    On the lines of multiplayer, I find it a huge step up from Among Thieves, the added features are a master class from Naughty Dog.
    This game is a must own and if your reading this review you must be interested in it, so stop thinking about it and get out there and buy it!
  98. Nov 15, 2011
    Was haben wir geweint, nachdem Indiana Jones 4 alle Fans der erste drei Filme dermaÃ
  99. Nov 15, 2011
    Uncharted 2 was the first game I ever bought for my PS3 and I loved that game! Fun and challenging campaign and an amazing multiplayer that I played just about everyday...until the Uncharted 3 beta came out. The beta for Uncharted 3 was so good, it was better than many other released AAA games. So I had high expectations for Uncharted 3. I bought Uncharted 3 on release date and playedUncharted 2 was the first game I ever bought for my PS3 and I loved that game! Fun and challenging campaign and an amazing multiplayer that I played just about everyday...until the Uncharted 3 beta came out. The beta for Uncharted 3 was so good, it was better than many other released AAA games. So I had high expectations for Uncharted 3. I bought Uncharted 3 on release date and played through the campaign first, as I do with all games. The campaign had a decent story line. Some of the puzzles didn't seem well thought out and one in particular felt clunky, like Drake wasn't going where I wanted him to go or do what I wanted. I read a review that said Drake walks like a drunken sailor in some parts and i noticed the same thing. Particularly annoying is that, for some reason, the devs created an OCD Drake that feels compelled to touch every wall as he passes by. Why? It seemed contrived as if they wanted to give him a personality tick that would make him seem more "real." But it was just real annoying. I mean even during chases, Drake has to stick out his had and touch walls. He didn't do that in Uncharted 1 or 2, so why does he suddenly have this OCD compulsion to touch walls as he walks by. Please get rid of that in UC4. However, in every other aspect, the game excels. The campaign was just the right length, not overacted, good pacing from scene to scene, good variety of weapons, good fights, and beautiful graphics. Some scenes were visually stunning, like the airplane scene and the desert scene. I gotta say the campaign was a little too easy and everyone seems to be platinum-ing it in days. Probably the easiest platinum I've ever achieved. But the multiplayer is where this game shines. The multiplayer is actually better than Uncharted 2, which is a great accomplishment by the developers. The maps are good and diverse and some have changing environments. For example, you can be in a match, and suddenly there is a blinding dust storm and you play through it. I also like the buddy system where you are paired with another player, which has advantages. I also like the powerplay aspect which helps even out the odds between mismatched teams. Uncharted 3 has a solid campaign and a stellar multiplayer that no other game out there can beat. Way to go Naughty Dog. Expand
  100. Nov 15, 2011
    A great game, the series Uncharted is a reference of its kind. Uncharted 3 does not give the qualitative leap that gave uncharted 2, but is the perfect coda to a unique trilogy on PS3. Good graphics, cinematic style and lots of action.
    Must have for any collection.
  101. Jan 19, 2012
    I'm a really big fan of the Uncharted series and Naughty Dog, and i'm glad to say that this game is a major improvement over uncharted 2, each game Naughty Dog pushes what the PlayStation 3 can do. This game has amazing graphics, very fun, Action/Puzzle/Platformer/Adventure gameplay. The melee combat is vastly improved over the first two games, the Multiplayer is refined from Uncharted 2,I'm a really big fan of the Uncharted series and Naughty Dog, and i'm glad to say that this game is a major improvement over uncharted 2, each game Naughty Dog pushes what the PlayStation 3 can do. This game has amazing graphics, very fun, Action/Puzzle/Platformer/Adventure gameplay. The melee combat is vastly improved over the first two games, the Multiplayer is refined from Uncharted 2, also completely new Co-op gameplay. There are 6 chapters, each last 20-30 minutes. This is a must buy for PlayStation 3 owners and fans of the series. Collapse

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]