• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2007
8.2

1. Sep 1, 2010
    man i love this game, fantastic story, awesome platforming reminds me of prince of Persia climbing walls game and that's cool, the game play is great, i didn't like the AI though, it seems like its dumb as hell you know exactly when to shoot before the enemy does lol
  2. Jul 18, 2012
    I have played all the Uncharted games, so take it from an expert: you must get every game in this series. The storyline is amazing, the graphics spectacular, the setpieces breathtaking, and the gameplay is awesome. This truly raises the bar for adventure games, and is a worthy addition to the library of PS exclusives.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only game that has made me destroy the PS3 controller twice. Don't play it!!!!!!
    The irritation due to the steering + the camera changing angles all the time when you are climbing that makes you fall and die when you want to jump makes this game 0/10.
    There are some places, kind of often, when you start at a doorway and have to fight 10 enemies and all the enemies tosses grenades at you and you have nowhere to run because it wont allow you to go back, and forward you will die because they will kill you in a few shots, 0/10.
    The gun can kill a person in one shot, but the AK needs at least 20 shots to kill a person, even the Uzi is better than a AK. Tossing grenades at enemies don't kill them unless you have shot them first, 0/10
    Story is kind of good, but because this game is completely unplayable otherwise: 0/10
  4. Mar 28, 2012
    I'm very late to the Uncharted party but this was still one of the best games I've played in the past few years. After recently playing grinding RPGs like Skyrim and Dead Island, I was looking for something a little less exhausting, but while maintaining a very high fun factor. I got just that with Uncharted. I was hooked from the get-go. The thing I loved most about this game was howI'm very late to the Uncharted party but this was still one of the best games I've played in the past few years. After recently playing grinding RPGs like Skyrim and Dead Island, I was looking for something a little less exhausting, but while maintaining a very high fun factor. I got just that with Uncharted. I was hooked from the get-go. The thing I loved most about this game was how well it flowed. It really did have a very cinematic feel. Something was always happening. The gameplay transitioned into the cut scens seamlessly. And it never took more than a couple of minutes to figure out where to go or how to solve a puzzle. Nothing takes me out of a game more than walking around in circles for half an hour not knowing what to do (I don't like to use guides). Uncharted has none of that. As for the story itself, it's somewhat tired but still more than sufficient. The gameplay and experience is really what it's all about with Uncharted. I have two fairly minor complaints about the game. And that's what kept me from giving it the full 10/10. The first is the endless waves of pirates and bad guys. It's just too much, and it's somewhat unrealistic within the confines of the story. At first you don't notice. But a few hours into the game it's impossible to ignore. You kill 10 bad guys. only to have 8 more drop in like clockwork. You kills those 8 only to have 5 more pop up. This was the only aspect of the game that I found tedious and that at times killed the amazing flow. I would've preferred if 85% of the danger in the game didn't come from "bad dudes with guns". More traps, tougher jumps, etc. for less bad guys would've been an excellent tradeoff. The next complaint is in regards to the puzzles. Even though I've been praising the flow of the game for the most part, this is one area that I felt could've been tougher. There is a middle ground between "so difficult you want to bang your head into the wall" puzzles and "so easy an 8 year old could solve it" puzzles. Your diary basically holds your hand and walks you through the puzzles to the point where I don't even see why they didn't just throw in a cut scene for those parts. All I'm saying is they could've made the puzzles a bit more challenging without making much concession to the flow of the game. But in the grand scheme of things, these are very minor complaints. I'm just pointing out what kept this from being a "perfect" game. At the end of the day, I'd have no problem recommending this game to anyone who is a gamer, regardless of what genre they most enjoy. I can't wait to play the sequels and really hope at least one of my issues were addressed. Expand
  5. Jul 9, 2012
    Awesome installment to the PS3 by developer Naughty Dog. It's a very unique and original story, almost like National Treasure without Nicholas Cage.. The only thing that keeps this away from a perfect 10 is the control scheme. It feels odd to me, and cannot be changed through the options menu. Definitely a game worth buying.
  6. Jul 18, 2012
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune started the great uncharted saga. Naughty Dog has created amazing looking adventure game! Uncharted is filled with great characters, music, gameplay, great graphics and atmosphere. But Uncharteds weakest link is also in its gameplay it repeat itself and becomes little boring in the end. There also comes many enemy waves again and again. But overall it is a great game.
  7. JamesT
    Feb 8, 2009
    Amazing game. I've played it over 20 times, yet i come back for more! Trophies obviously made the game more fun too!
  8. joshj.
    Sep 4, 2009
    Only one complaint, it's over too quickly. Also, This game provides an excellent way to sniff out fanboys. How? Anyone who rates it low and says it has horrible graphics is a fanboy. Why? The games graphics may just be the greatest i have ever seen on a console yet. Dead serious. So my advice? Buy Uncharted, Love it like you know you should, then wait for the obviously GOTY 09 Uncharted 2.
  9. MarkB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Engaging story and great gameplay make this a must buy title
  10. MontyG.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Some of the best cover/shooting mechanics around, with high graphical fidelity and overall polish. Cut-scenes are actually genuinely funny, a feat alone worth noting. This is a world you will want to explore and get lost in.
  11. KaranM.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Very fun, polished and excellent graphics, Introduces nothing new or ground breaking, but it does what is does almost to perfection
  12. LeeW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This is the best game I have played in many, many years. Possibly the best game I've ever played, I'll have to see how long that opinion sticks though. Great action, amazing graphics, good variety of gameplay. Anyone ranking this below an 8.5 did not play the same game I did.
  13. CoryG.
    Dec 3, 2008
    This game is one truly awesome and amazing game. it incorporates beautiful graphics, a good fighting system, action puzzles/climbing on walls, and treasure scattered through the game. what more can you want in a game?
  14. RaulC.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Just the closest to play a blockbuster movie, period. You don't want a lesson for life, or a huge drama, or the trickiest plot, just pure, unadulterated fun. The graphics are more than incredible, and easily over anything out there. Can't wait to see what's next from Naughty DOg, and from the PS3.
  15. Jan 20, 2012
    Uncharted Drake's Fortune is a satisfying new third person shooter IP for the PS3. Boasting the most stunning and articulate architectural environments and visual effects, Uncharted blows all competition out of the water. Character development is extremely central to the narrative progression, Nate turns from a bit of a male stereotype at the begining of the game, to a more human andUncharted Drake's Fortune is a satisfying new third person shooter IP for the PS3. Boasting the most stunning and articulate architectural environments and visual effects, Uncharted blows all competition out of the water. Character development is extremely central to the narrative progression, Nate turns from a bit of a male stereotype at the begining of the game, to a more human and emotionally charged individual in the end. Uncharted Drake's Fortune evokes the power of narrative with great third person shooting for a good slice of PS3 exclusivity. On the other end of the fence though, I really didn't like the pirates, as they show up insessantly and are murder to kill. Also the game is a bit too brief, though there are a nice assortment of collectibles. But this is still the killer app the PS3 always needed and stands as such to be recognised as a marvellous achievement. Expand
  16. Sep 9, 2012
    Like a lot of people i came to this after playing it's illustrious sequels and though Uncharted 2 & 3 had bigger set pieces and slightly more refined controlls this is still everything we've come to love about Drakes adventures; A trademark mix of thrilling action, stunning scenery, peerless script and cutscenes. Uncharted 2 & 3 deserve all the acclaim they've had but people sometimesLike a lot of people i came to this after playing it's illustrious sequels and though Uncharted 2 & 3 had bigger set pieces and slightly more refined controlls this is still everything we've come to love about Drakes adventures; A trademark mix of thrilling action, stunning scenery, peerless script and cutscenes. Uncharted 2 & 3 deserve all the acclaim they've had but people sometimes forget that for a long time this was PS3's greatest game and to this day remains highly playable. At the budget price you can now buy it at you'd be a fool to miss out, especially if you're a fan of the series. Expand
  17. Jun 20, 2011
    Moving away from the Tomb Raider games, Naughty Dog have created their own little clone called Uncharted. Tomb Raider is one of the most popular action adventure/games for the Playstation, and now Naughty Dog, most famous for making the Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, have risen to the challenge and created this unbelievable, action packed adventure. Uncharted Drake's Fortune is anMoving away from the Tomb Raider games, Naughty Dog have created their own little clone called Uncharted. Tomb Raider is one of the most popular action adventure/games for the Playstation, and now Naughty Dog, most famous for making the Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, have risen to the challenge and created this unbelievable, action packed adventure. Uncharted Drake's Fortune is an action/adventure game that tells the story of a young treasure hunter called Nathan Drake, in search for the lost hidden treasure of El Dorado. We start off with Drake who discovers a hidden clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake, and tailing along is a young female journalist called Elena Fisher, who is after the story of Sir Francis Drake, as well as any other interesting discoveries she may encounter. Soon Drake and Elena are discovered by pirate mercenaries and attack their boat, but in the nick of time Drake's friend Victor Sullivan (also an experienced treasure hunter), comes to the rescue. The main villain is Gabriel Roman, a competitive treasure hunter and is also after the treasure. He has hired some pirate mercenaries led by Atoq Navarro, Gabriel's lieutenant and an archaeologist. The main goal of the game is to search for any hidden clues, whilst fighting your way through the bad guys. The combat, though it may seem simple, can be difficult in some stages. Don't even bother trying to escape them, because you can't, you must kill every enemy in the area, before you can move on. There are a selection of weapons to choose from such as a 45 pistol, Wes, AK47, Shotgun, grenades, M79, and my personal favourite the Desert Sniper. There are different tactics you can use: Stand behind a wall, wait, aim and shoot, or you can use blind crossfire, which means you are shooting without standing open, this is best use when enemies are at close range. If worst case scenario you run out of ammo, then you can punch and kick your way through, as well as breaking necks, this is more challenging however, but will leave you in much better health. You can pick up ammo from other people's guns, once you've killed them. Other tasks involve searching for hidden treasures lying about in discrete places, as well as killing a certain number of enemies with a specific gun. Complete these tasks to earn rewards. It is also entertaining on a visual level, I especially love seeing the variation around the player, and there are some fantastic views. There's one scene where your standing at the very top of a forge castle and you can see the beautiful horizon of the sunset oceans. The graphics in this game are incredible, I mean I've experienced many games with great graphics, but this is in a different league to what we've seen before. The jungle is real, the water is real (The reflection and movement of the waves is incredible), and, most of all the character designs are spectacular. Everything from hair, face and clothes is real, and that's not the best. For the first time they've used people in motion capture suits to play the part of their characters, where as in most games they would just speak through a microphone, and the producers would just enhance and sharpen there voices through software programmes like Audacity. The characters are very likeable; Drake and Elena develop a sort of love/hate chemistry. Though they don't get on at first, they share a real bond together and eventually express there feelings to one another. Overall this is a fantastic Action/Adventure package. The only criticisms I would say is it repeats itself over and over again. You'll find yourself doing the same thing - running around, shooting your way through enemies and climbing walls over and over again. There isn't a lot of puzzle solving as I thought there'd be. But these problems are only minor and don't spoil this in any shape or form. If you love Tomb Raider, then you'll definatly enjoy Uncharted Drake's Fortune. Expand
  18. Oct 2, 2010
    I loved the characters in this game and the combat was difficult which is refreshing in today's games. You will be hard pressed to find many action/adventure games in the system that are as good as this game
  19. Jun 4, 2013
    The best way I can describe this game is to say that it's Prince of Persia with guns and an Indiana Jones setting. The game is awesome and comes across like an awesome, action packed summer blockbuster. It really is like playing an action movie with it's memorable set pieces and firefights. The story and characters are awesome and scream Indiana Jones (I mean that in a good way). WhenThe best way I can describe this game is to say that it's Prince of Persia with guns and an Indiana Jones setting. The game is awesome and comes across like an awesome, action packed summer blockbuster. It really is like playing an action movie with it's memorable set pieces and firefights. The story and characters are awesome and scream Indiana Jones (I mean that in a good way). When you're not shooting guys in 3rd person Gears of War style you're platforming and climbing on stuff Prince of Persia style. When I say Prince of Persia style, I mean Prince of Persia style. It's exactly like the POP series minus wall running. This is great fun, but feels a little cheap that they just copied it from POP. Still this is an action packed experience that's worth your time. The only other real complaint I have is the games short length. It was over before I knew it. Considering this is a single player only experience the short length does hurt it. I'm glad it didn't overstay it's welcome with filler content, but I still wanted to spend more time with it. Luckily it does have high replay value. If you haven't played this game yet you really need too. It truly is one of the PS3's best titles. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2012
    An 8/10 may seem low, especially for an uncharted game but I'm basing this game on the standards of today. I came to this game having played the 2nd and 3rd ones and I have to say its my favourite series on ps3. Which is why I bought it where it all started in 2007 and to be honest the game doesn't feel 5 years old. While the graphics aren't spectacular , like the other two, it still looksAn 8/10 may seem low, especially for an uncharted game but I'm basing this game on the standards of today. I came to this game having played the 2nd and 3rd ones and I have to say its my favourite series on ps3. Which is why I bought it where it all started in 2007 and to be honest the game doesn't feel 5 years old. While the graphics aren't spectacular , like the other two, it still looks great. There aren't really any crazy setpieces either but I still loved this game for the same reasons I loved the other two. The characters, the story, the pacing and gameplay. While this game didn't blow me away, I still loved it and is worth buying if you're thinking of buying it. It's a great 8/10. Expand
  21. May 17, 2011
    Great game, takes some unexpected yet fun twists. Totally worth your time. Very entertaining, and a must play if you want to get Uncharted 2 (or 3). Well acted, well written.
  22. Feb 24, 2013
    Wow. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games, but I feel that this might top that. Even though this doesn't have the free roam of AC, it doesn't need it. Although this series also has Nolan North starring. Everything about this game is spectacular. Althought the first time I played I got to about chapter 3 before I quit because I was tired of shooting games at the moment. I picked itWow. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games, but I feel that this might top that. Even though this doesn't have the free roam of AC, it doesn't need it. Although this series also has Nolan North starring. Everything about this game is spectacular. Althought the first time I played I got to about chapter 3 before I quit because I was tired of shooting games at the moment. I picked it back up and I am so impressed.

Characters 10/10: Charming and entertaining characters that are very like able and unique.
    Story 9/10: nothing groundbreaking, but interesting enough and it is kept from being boring thinks to the characters.
    Gameplay 10/10: No where near as repetitive as first person shooters. Plus it has a platformer feel to it that keeps the gameplay fresh.
    Graphics 10/10: Some of the best graphics I have seen and this was in 2007!
    Replay Value 9/10: While I haven't beaten it yet, the game has multiple difficulty levels, and it has multiple treasures to find. Plus the game is so awesome anyway. Althought it wouldn't have that new and unique feeling playing it again, it would still be darn fun!

Recommendation: Must Have. Any PS3 owner without this game needs to have it.
  23. Aug 30, 2011
    Gameplay = Plays alot like Prince of Persia, as far as climbing and swinging from ledge to ledge, also in its puzzle solving elements.

Graphics = Im kind of 50/50 on because, some of the layouts look great, and the environments in some levels are breath taking. Sometimes youll watch a cut scene and look at the characters like meh. Controls = Were actually pretty easy to pick up and go,

Controls = Were actually pretty easy to pick up and go, but I never did find myself wanting to get in a fistfight, because the reaction was a little off for my taste. The shooting wasnt bad and making your way around a level was pretty easy.

Time = I myself got through it in around 7-8 hours, But if you were to try and collect all the treasures, and do everything there is to do it would probably run you somewhere around the 12-15 hour mark.

Fun factor = Pretty high, it played like a movie and i did want to see the ending when it came, Id say its worth purchasing and playing through on harder levels, so it totally has replay value.
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is the start of the best franchise in the history of the PS3. It is also the weakest of the games. That being said it is amazing. The game came out in 2007 and looks as good as something put out today. The first few chapters actually are slow and uninviting. After that it's nonstop action with the best voice-acting and cinematography ever displayed in a game series. It is just aThis game is the start of the best franchise in the history of the PS3. It is also the weakest of the games. That being said it is amazing. The game came out in 2007 and looks as good as something put out today. The first few chapters actually are slow and uninviting. After that it's nonstop action with the best voice-acting and cinematography ever displayed in a game series. It is just a campaign but there is so much fun you'll enjoy the whole ride. Expand
  25. Apr 19, 2012
    When I first heard about Uncharted, my first impression was not good. Maybe because the whole Indiana Jones + Tomb Raider thing wasn't appealing to me, maybe because I was a little mad at Naughty Dog for abandoning another series that was at its apex. After playing the game, however, I have to admit: Uncharted is a great game. The concept is simple: you control Nathan Drake, an explorerWhen I first heard about Uncharted, my first impression was not good. Maybe because the whole Indiana Jones + Tomb Raider thing wasn't appealing to me, maybe because I was a little mad at Naughty Dog for abandoning another series that was at its apex. After playing the game, however, I have to admit: Uncharted is a great game. The concept is simple: you control Nathan Drake, an explorer after El Dorado, the lost city of gold. But that is just the starting point as the story really takes off from there, fueled by a set of interesting, believable characters. The game encourages exploration to find treasures scattered through all chapters of the game, however that exploration is limited by the linearity of the game; which, in its turn, is imperative to keep the game's ''movie feel'' through the whole experience. The climbing system is great and gunfights are very intuitive and fun, even if a bit frustrating at times on account of a sometimes clumsy cover system. Great dialogues, amazing plot twists and breathtaking scenes await you in this instant classic. Expand
  26. Jan 1, 2012
    A review in 2012 and I still give it an excellent score. Great begining of an awesome game series, of course has its flaws but for the year it came out it was probably the best around. I have yet to play the other games in the series (Uncharted 2 and 3) but after this one, it will be easy finding them amusing. Good graphics, gameplay but awesome voices.
  27. Oct 11, 2012
    Wow. This game came out in 2007? When I realized that and that I had passed up on playing one of the prettiest games I have seen to date I could not have been more dumbfounded. I'll keep this one short as there is nothing to discuss that people haven't already. The adventuring aspect of the game was brilliant, and the set pieces mixed with the skybox was beautiful. I have not been thatWow. This game came out in 2007? When I realized that and that I had passed up on playing one of the prettiest games I have seen to date I could not have been more dumbfounded. I'll keep this one short as there is nothing to discuss that people haven't already. The adventuring aspect of the game was brilliant, and the set pieces mixed with the skybox was beautiful. I have not been that eager to get home and play a game in a very very long time. The only points I felt were annoying or weak were the combat situations which felt intrusive and the whole monster thing. The game had an almost realistic feel to it up till that point, but hey, what's the point of writing a story if you can't throw a little magic in it. I am truly enamored by this game and am excited to have dove into a series with a charismatic character like Nathan Drake. Expand
  28. Oct 30, 2012
    Back then, i would have rated this game 9, right now, having played the 2 others uncharted, i would rate it 8. I keep my original 9 score since it was the feeling i had while i was playing this for the first time. Graphics were amazing, combat are great and the story is ok. What i hate though is that you cannot sneak on enemy. Most of the time you don't see anyone, you advance a little andBack then, i would have rated this game 9, right now, having played the 2 others uncharted, i would rate it 8. I keep my original 9 score since it was the feeling i had while i was playing this for the first time. Graphics were amazing, combat are great and the story is ok. What i hate though is that you cannot sneak on enemy. Most of the time you don't see anyone, you advance a little and BANG, 4 enemies going out of cover and shotting at you. There is no way to try to shoot enemies from a distance. Other than that, great game ! Expand
  29. Feb 16, 2013
    The only gripe I have with this game is the sheer amount of shooting involved. Even when I think I've cleared an area, I see another batch of enemies drop down and start firing at me. It can get really annoying at times. Otherwise, this is an amazing game with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics; pretty much everything about it is astounding. It genuinely feels like I'm playing aThe only gripe I have with this game is the sheer amount of shooting involved. Even when I think I've cleared an area, I see another batch of enemies drop down and start firing at me. It can get really annoying at times. Otherwise, this is an amazing game with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics; pretty much everything about it is astounding. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a 2012 game. Would definitely recommend. Expand
  30. Dec 5, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great storyline, action, etc. Perhaps my rating is skewed because I played Uncharted 2 before I played this one. While Uncharted 2 is superior to this game, great things come from small beginnings, haha. Go play this game today!
  31. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm honestly a bit on the fence about this one. I just recently got my PS3, And due to the bundle I got I played Uncharted 3 before playing through this one, And I must say, Unlike Uncharted 3, This one fails to amaze me.

This game has extremely floaty controls if you ask me, Sometimes doing a long leap across to where you need to go, And other times just doing the most pitiful jump straight off the edge causing you to have to redo the past five minutes again. The checkpoint locations annoyed me constantly, considering I just occasionally died due to controls not quite responding the way I expected them to, Or just because a guy spawned behind me with a shotgun towards the end of the fight, It starts to become a bit absurd to me. For this type of game, The sheer amount of enemies you have to fight is staggering, Often doing something towards the end of the fight like a guy with a grenade launcher just shooting you in the face causing you to refight the past 20 enemies due to no mid-way checkpoints, If you're a casual gamer you will find yourself redoing a large amount of fights even playing on normal. You seem to take far more damage in this game (Or you have lower health).

I got extremely frustrated during the generator section against the descendants where you kill about 12 or so in a fairly short time, One spawns to the side, No big deal after you get used to where they spawn, Then you have to run towards a lever, One more guy will jump out at you, no big deal and you hit the lever. Then about 10 more will be in the room you just came from, No checkpoints at all, If you get hit twice you will have to redo both these sections, But then to add to this segment, There's another lever you have to make your way towards, Where once again there's one guy protecting it, easy peasey, And you pull the lever. When you make your way back to the main room once again, You then have to deal with roughly 20 - 30 of these guys coming in groups of three. Again, Getting hit twice will kill you, And they leave you with no checkpoints at all. You then have to take your time to redo easily 50+ monsters again, It is a bit annoying to me. The mechanics just aren't well thought out enough for this type of thing to be enjoyable. There's a way to roll, But even rolling as they swing at you, You still get hit.

The voice acting is just generally average, Sometimes being pretty awful, Though a lot of games seem to fail at that aspect so I can't hold that against them too much. The sounds of the environment however are quite good, With plenty of decent audio ques to go off of. The graphics are also impressive for the time period the game was made, I have no complaints about them what-so-ever. I do have an issue with how easily found the treasures were, I found 50 of them in my first playthrough without spending much time to really look for them.

Overall, The story is intriguing and generally fun, Though predictable, The ledge jumps and just overall clumsiness feel of the character could be vastly improved, And the waves of enemies could be shorter or more checkpoints should have been added to compensate for the average gamer, Or even smoothing out the battle mechanics so this isn't as big of an issue. I will have to agree with the negative reviews on enemies amounts and overall bad controls, I've certainly found those comments to be true. If it wasn't for those issues, This game would easily get an eight or even more.

And no, I'm not bad at shooters by any means, The only genre I really play all consist of shooters, I just don't agree with their decisions on some of the mechanics and spawning mechanics, As they could be so much better.I also should mention the fights are generally dull and generic as well, There's really not that much that's incredibly fun about them, It's just basic, boring, sub-standard shooting.
  32. May 15, 2013
    I got this game as a gift so i had no idea what to think when I first jumped into it. Now I wonder why I didn't get it myself. This is the first of one of the greatest franchises ever with an engaging story and characters that you care about, the quest for the lost treasure of El God Damn Dorado with a supernatural twist that is cool. This game has its flaws though, In some sections of theI got this game as a gift so i had no idea what to think when I first jumped into it. Now I wonder why I didn't get it myself. This is the first of one of the greatest franchises ever with an engaging story and characters that you care about, the quest for the lost treasure of El God Damn Dorado with a supernatural twist that is cool. This game has its flaws though, In some sections of the game the enemies are very cheap and too strong as in several grenades to takedown strong. You are also ambushed often making this problem more apparent but apart from that its great. The graphics are brilliant to. A great game!! Expand
  33. Jul 29, 2013
    I hope you like walls because this game has plenty of them. It seems that this game has a strange fascination with walls as you will be glued to these walls so often that he might as well take them with him on all his travels. Story is OK, fairly easily to guess the plot (or at least what will probably happen). A generic third person shooter, cover-based, lets-break-everything-we-touchI hope you like walls because this game has plenty of them. It seems that this game has a strange fascination with walls as you will be glued to these walls so often that he might as well take them with him on all his travels. Story is OK, fairly easily to guess the plot (or at least what will probably happen). A generic third person shooter, cover-based, lets-break-everything-we-touch game with an ongoing romance between Nathan Drake and the wall... I mean Elena; who by the way will moan at you so often that you wonder whether the hordes of bad guys attacking you have actually got the right idea in trying to kill her. The game can be irritable, but if you endure its many faults long enough you may develop some sort of liking towards it, but I wasn't able to bond with the game like Drake bonded with the wall. Expand
  34. Oct 13, 2013
    The UNCHARTED series is a PS3 exclusive series that are often know as some of the greatest games ever made especially 2 and 3

Game:UNCHARTED:Drake's Fortune Platform:PS3 Company:Naughty Dog Publisher:Sony Relleased:November 19,2007 Game time:8 hours Story:The game it self is like if Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of Wars had sex and had a baby it would be this.The

Game:UNCHARTED:Drake's Fortune

Platform:PS3

Company:Naughty Dog

Publisher:Sony

Relleased:November 19,2007

Game time:8 hours

Story:The game it self is like if Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of Wars had sex and had a baby it would be this.The story follows Nathan Drake who is a treasure hunter that works with his best friend an old man named Sully that loves money.Nathan is also a relative to sir Francis Drake.One day when he was on a boat with a reporter named Elena to find the coffin of Francis Drake find it inside empty with Drakes diary in it.After surviving an attack by pirates Nate finds out that his ancestor Francis found the Eldorado Treasure and decide to find it,they of curse get followed by a bunch of men Sully owns money to,that are also trying to find the treasure and its a race to see who will find it first.The story is excellent the reason why the story is so good is because of the great dialog and characters 9/10

Characters:The characters are also great.Nathan is your typical treasure hunting hero with a great personality and is funny.Elena who is Nate's love interest is a strong character that isn't a damsel in distress.Sully who is the old guy and the funniest of the group that likes money.Overall great and believable characters the only character I didn't like was the main Villain 9/10

Graphics:Now this game came in at 2007 but it still holds up to today.They are great the environments,jungles,cave,water and atmosphere are probably the best of 2007.The character models look good but dated and the hair is also not bad.The animations on Nate are great and his cloths get wet when you get in the water.A few pop ups especially when it loads a new stage after a cutscene 7.7/10

What is it?:It is a 3D person action adventure linear game with Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of War elements like climbing,exploring,shooting and hand to hand combat

Gameplay:The game is set up in to 3 groups shooting,climbing and puzzle solving.Shoting:This is the main part of the game and i mean you will be doing this 75% threw the game the shooting is simple go in to cover point out and shot you can carry two weapons a hand gun,grenades and a long gun there are a lot of weapons like:Shotguns,AKA-47,Gernade launcher,M4,9PMM,Uzi etc. There are a few other features like shooting when hagging of a ledge,a doge roll,shooting with out aiming,close combat.Now i like the shooting stages i just think they can be a bit repetitive and there are to many of them.And it is hard,on Normal it was F*cking difficult which is good and its the fair difficulty not the cheap.A few problems like weapons like the AKA-47 why does i take 15 shots to kill one enemy with no body armor.Combat is basically a 5 square mash and a brutal combo which is square,triangle,square.Climbing:This is my favorite thing about the game Nate is and expert climber.There are certain stages where you will need to climb to your objectives and they are really fun mostly because you feel inpowerd like you are Nathan Drake sure the game can be a little wage of what is claimable and what isn't but its still fun.Puzzel Solving:There aren't to many there are about 6 or 7 their the whole game.You are in a room and there are symbols or parters on the wall which with your book the diary of Francis can solve these puzzle's they do take a bit of thinking and are short and sweet 7.7/10

A.I.:It is good the enemies are smart they take cover,have nice animations to them.They do some Rambo shooting,they sneak up to you to try to kill you 8.5/10

Controls:The controls are great responsive and fun the only problem are the Sixaxes controls the are not that great for aiming grenades 9.3/10

Voice Acting:One word amazing.All the performances are fantastic Nolan North who is the voice actor for Nate does a fantastic and flawless job.The only voice actors that were average were the goons and the villain 9.6/10

Music:The soundtrack needs to be adventures which Naughty Dog nailed.The music that plays threw a stage shooting,climbing or whatever is great and fits the scene.The theme how ever is one of the greatest themes of all time in my top 3 it is that good 9.5/10

Replay value:Once you beat the game you have the option to replay it on Hard or Crusing,find all of the 60 hidden treasures and complete challenges which you get money which you can do on the main menu to change the characters appearance and gun ammo and crap.But the average gamer really doesn't want to do that there is no multilayer 6.7/10

Verdict:UNCHARTED is a great game it is an experience like you are watching a great Hollywood block buster movie with fun and challenging gameplay great characters and action.

Recemondation:Rent it or Buy it

Final score:7.8/10
  35. Mar 19, 2014
    I recently played this game because of all the uncharted hype over the years and my friend who never games and camps in COD liked this series. So I gave it a try and thought it would be a good idea but as a gamer boy was I flat out wrong. This was I believe the WORST adventure game I have ever played in my entire life. The reasons for it being terrible are that the game is basically a noI recently played this game because of all the uncharted hype over the years and my friend who never games and camps in COD liked this series. So I gave it a try and thought it would be a good idea but as a gamer boy was I flat out wrong. This was I believe the WORST adventure game I have ever played in my entire life. The reasons for it being terrible are that the game is basically a no fun grind, and I found myself screaming at the game half way into it, "PLEASE JUST END I DONT WANT TO PLAY YOU ANYMORE!" but im not going to not finish a game.....So the reasons its bad is that in the game do the same thing over and over again, you jump here jump there jump here jump there jump here, shoot this guy in 2 seconds then repeat about 900 times till the game ends it was sooooo borrrrinnggg. Not to mention the scenary is terrrible is the same dam setting the whole game. you start in the jungle and then about 7 hours of going in a straight line jumping over a rock and under a ledge and over a rock and under a ledge, all by the way looks the same nothing interesting or unique going on at all in the game, you finally start fighting these zombie guys and all the levels are now "dark like jungle levels" its incredibly reeettarrded, and the story makes noooo sense its sooo upsetting. THe only thing positive about this game is the graphics are spectacular but the problem is is that nothing fun or interesting happens ever in the game you just repeatedly go in a straight line juping over rocks and you shoot 1 guy and continue its soooo stupid please never play this game it was torchure......I feel like the game only got good reviews because it was the first platform on the PS3 and the graphics were good, and i think a lot of new gamers that never played video games before tried it and becuase they never played a game before how were they supposed to now it wasnt actually good at all. So there you go, the worst adventure game I have ever played in my life, please dont play this game. Expand
  36. Jul 25, 2014
    So drakes fortune was to be killed by zombies ex Nazis....worst story ever really let me down. Only for American kids...Wasted my money on this bullsh1t...
  37. JeanD.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Granted, this game may be repetitive. But it isn't even THAT repetitive. They introduce new enemies and new weapons, and new difficulties of enemies as the game progresses. If this game was 100% repetitive t woulden't even be such a problem because every second of it is amazing in details and graphics. Definately worth the $60.00 and I would suggest this game to anyone who has a Granted, this game may be repetitive. But it isn't even THAT repetitive. They introduce new enemies and new weapons, and new difficulties of enemies as the game progresses. If this game was 100% repetitive t woulden't even be such a problem because every second of it is amazing in details and graphics. Definately worth the $60.00 and I would suggest this game to anyone who has a Ps3. You will not be disappointed. The controls and aiming and covering are fantastic. Naughty Dog has really out done themselves this time. Expand
  38. Nov 24, 2011
    Not really a masterpiece to play, but it's worth getting if you have a Playstation 3, The gameplay is very stunning, and it is greatly fantastic to try out, although the combat is really repetitive on the other hand, they fixed this in the games sequels thank god, although. Story as it is, is pretty much a fortune hunter, named Nathan Drake, is trying to find the secret's of Sir FrancisNot really a masterpiece to play, but it's worth getting if you have a Playstation 3, The gameplay is very stunning, and it is greatly fantastic to try out, although the combat is really repetitive on the other hand, they fixed this in the games sequels thank god, although. Story as it is, is pretty much a fortune hunter, named Nathan Drake, is trying to find the secret's of Sir Francis Drake, by going around various places and progressing through the game you will really see a lot of surprises on your way. The graphics can be at best really gorgeous, and it feels like the game is coming right at you. Sound at hand. For the voices it's really astonishing and I have no problems, with the people who voiced in this released title in 2007, thank god for the most part. Music on the other hand is really great, the main menu's music is very astonishing and it feels really deep when you play the game. Most of everything in this game is good, except that the combat is very repetitive in this game, and also this game can usually depending on your standards 6-8 hours. Recommended you get this game, if you are a PlayStation 3 Owner! Expand
  39. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is an amazing. Naughty dog hit the nail on the head with this amazing game. Uncharted will should go down in history as the game that spawned many other great sequels and etc. Great story, Good graphics for the time, Nathan drake has taken Lara's seat for the time being until she can get back on her feet.
  40. EdP.
    Dec 27, 2007
    The best single player game I've played on the PS3 so far. Great story, great action. So good it's worth playing at least twice. The only knock on it in my opinion is no mutiplayer, but in my book that's ok.
  41. Mar 25, 2012
    Though it's dated now, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a non stop action packed adventure with incredible graphics and breath taking scenery. The combat is simple even with the friggin sixaxis for throwing grenades. Nathan Drake is the Indiana Jones for the 21st Century as he jumps, shoots and smart mouths his way through the jungle to stop pirates from stealing the gold, if you are lookingThough it's dated now, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a non stop action packed adventure with incredible graphics and breath taking scenery. The combat is simple even with the friggin sixaxis for throwing grenades. Nathan Drake is the Indiana Jones for the 21st Century as he jumps, shoots and smart mouths his way through the jungle to stop pirates from stealing the gold, if you are looking for a fun game with an amazing storyline and exceptional combat but you want it cheap. Then uncharted is a perfect Game for You Expand
  42. Jul 29, 2012
    A good start to a new franchise from Naughty Dog on how it all began before Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Story- Nathan Drake a treasure hunter aided with his buddy Victor Sullivan and a reporter Elena Fisher goe after a treasure that was left by sir francis drake. They meet others who aren't friends with them and use it for purpose in being rich which nate is also wanting to be rich.A good start to a new franchise from Naughty Dog on how it all began before Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Story- Nathan Drake a treasure hunter aided with his buddy Victor Sullivan and a reporter Elena Fisher goe after a treasure that was left by sir francis drake. They meet others who aren't friends with them and use it for purpose in being rich which nate is also wanting to be rich. Eventually later on Nathan finds out what really happened during francis drake exploring in the place nate is currently at and warns everyone to not take the artifact or it'll cause problems.

Graphics- outstanding for being realistic and texture is good and detailed on setting where nate and his friends are at though not as good compared to uncharted 2 & 3.

Gameplay- basic third-person but uncharted 1 feels different because grenades for example on how far you want throw is by moving your controller at an angle on how well you want to throw. melee pulling off combos isnt easy at first but after awhile you will get use to it however just pulling off square,square,square is a basics in getting started. ammo you have in this is limited so you will have to get headshots more often in higher difficulties but enemies will drop a few to help be reloaded. Quick time events often change the way it plays. Lastly they will be a few "you will rage moments" in this game because of the enemies taking almost all of your ammo in the gun to kill completely which is a perfect example but hey it was the first game and it got improved in the sequels Get Over It.

Overall- A good start through Naughty Dog's successful run in this game turns out good.

Final Score : 8.4
  43. Dec 27, 2012
    Unfortunately as many other players I played Uncharted 2 first so I did feel the difference between both games and I agree with other critics the number of enemies in this game it's ridiculous, and they can get a lot of damage but they just wont go down. But don't get me wrong this is definitely one of the best Adventure video game in the PS3 history.
  44. Dec 10, 2011
    Really fun and unique game, albeit not my favorite genre. The mechanics are superb, seems like naught dog put a lot of effort into this game, and it pays off. Cant find much to complain about, except the lack of multiplayer and co-op.
  45. DaveJones
    Dec 1, 2007
    Best console game to date. The microshaft 3fixme doesn't have a single game close to this. 10/10

If only metacritic wasn't so biased and would add the numerous perfect scores this game has received to their average. It's only a matter of time before us fans unite as we did against gamespot. Dirt like this has to be cleaned from the industry. Let's not let Microsofts money dirty the video game industry as they do every where else.
  46. Sep 24, 2012
    fine, but incredibly overrated. The game isn't that long and the story left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth, it gets so much praise, but there are far better games on the PS3.
  47. Feb 27, 2012
    AMAZING! game.. One of the Best games this gen (along withg Uncharted 2 , 3), its Very underrated too! I dont get how some people hate it, if you actually finished the game you will know its one of the best adventure games this gen! I recommend it to everyone who like action/adventure games
  48. Mar 4, 2013
    Didn't play Uncharted games until now, so thought I should start from beginning to follow the story. I was right. Story in this game is nothing new, but charming and awesome "Indiana Jones" style. It start slowly with a lot of exploration, but right in the moment when i started thinking that it's too static and slow shootout begin. With balanced amount of shooting and exploring with goodDidn't play Uncharted games until now, so thought I should start from beginning to follow the story. I was right. Story in this game is nothing new, but charming and awesome "Indiana Jones" style. It start slowly with a lot of exploration, but right in the moment when i started thinking that it's too static and slow shootout begin. With balanced amount of shooting and exploring with good story this game is worth to play in any way. This game is very good and regarding the scores worst in the series. That sound promising!!! Expand
  49. Viper7
    Dec 6, 2007
    Although the ammount of shooting in the game lows the value, its still great adventure game with nice plot and single player game. the second you start playing it, its hard to let go off the controller before you have seen the end. the only cons are ammount of gunplay and easy puzles and its a bit linear even tho the surroundings are wide and there are no loading times.
  50. PaulL.
    Jan 10, 2010
    This game is far from greatness. It can be quite infuriating at times and some of the checkpoint save locations are a joke. Combat can go both ways, either good or very bad. Aside from that, the story is somewhat charming. I must note here, that I'm a victim of the "Crysis effect". Anything above a 7, can't be justified.
  51. Jan
    Nov 27, 2007
    6 to 9 Hours of Singleplayer Gameplay with low Replay Value and no additional Features. Total lack of Multiplayer or Coop Mode. 5/10
  52. IanI.
    Nov 24, 2007
    I don't oftin give games 10s...I'm a very picky gamer, but this game is amazing in every respect, its like watching an indiana jones movie only 12 hours long and where you control the charicter. I'm speechless.
  53. Jan 3, 2012
    I'm not going to make this long because this is an older game. First the bad. This game is massively overrated. There isn't a single original idea to be found throughout the entire experience. Combine, Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, a touch of the Mummy and a shoddy Gears of War cover and shoot mechanic and you have Uncharted in a nutshell. Now that wouldn't be so bad (I happen to like thoseI'm not going to make this long because this is an older game. First the bad. This game is massively overrated. There isn't a single original idea to be found throughout the entire experience. Combine, Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, a touch of the Mummy and a shoddy Gears of War cover and shoot mechanic and you have Uncharted in a nutshell. Now that wouldn't be so bad (I happen to like those movies and games), but the game really suffers when all you basically do is fight endless droves of enemies in sequences, which are occasionally broken up to platform around, hear some story and repeat (it gets old). And there isn't a single moment in the experience when I'm not reminded that I'm playing a game. I died constantly in the gunfights and it became a trial and error affair to continue. Now the good. I do like the characters, story, graphics and sound. And the shooting aspect isn't bad, it's just not as refined and intuitive as Gears of War. The game is just a shade better than the sum of it's parts and over all I give it a 8. Not a bad game, but certainly not worthy all of the 9's and 10's it's been getting. The potential for greatness is there for sure, so I will attempt to play Uncharted 2, as there's plenty of room for improvement. Expand
  54. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  55. Jan 10, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't. The game looks and sounds fantastic, and some of the sequences are fun enough. It's just that as soon as the combat starts, which is often, all fun comes to a screeching halt. The game is very stingy with the ammo while at the same time sending wave after wave of bad guys after you. The combat in this game is so frustrating II really wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't. The game looks and sounds fantastic, and some of the sequences are fun enough. It's just that as soon as the combat starts, which is often, all fun comes to a screeching halt. The game is very stingy with the ammo while at the same time sending wave after wave of bad guys after you. The combat in this game is so frustrating I stopped playing the game a quarter of the way in and never went back. Expand
  56. Jun 13, 2012
    After playing Uncharted 2 I felt like playing the Game that started the Tale...THIS game is very good,

It's gameplay is way more shooting than in the sequel, but if you like uncharted's gameplay you will be even more satisfied than with the sequel, more shootouts and climbing, less location-change, are making this game very unique
  57. Nov 24, 2012
    The game is great. I dont understand ppl talking about to skip this one or that there is too much shooting etc etc. Drake is fighting with goons of Roman and Eddy Raja so there must be quite a lot of shooting going as as everybody is racing for that treasure. The puzzles are fun though nothing head breaking. However this is first game of Noughty Dog on PS3 franchise so its sure its aintThe game is great. I dont understand ppl talking about to skip this one or that there is too much shooting etc etc. Drake is fighting with goons of Roman and Eddy Raja so there must be quite a lot of shooting going as as everybody is racing for that treasure. The puzzles are fun though nothing head breaking. However this is first game of Noughty Dog on PS3 franchise so its sure its aint perfect but deffinetly is very good piece of game code . The game is fast,nice,lot of exploring and shooting aswell as platform sections with climbing jumping swingin etc etc. Plus finding all the treasures is also nice challange. Preety easy to master for Platinum trophy though 2 or 3 thropies are preety hardcore :)

All in All for me this game is just absolutely great and amazing and I definetly recomend every1 that want to start the adventure with Drake to start from the first game as its just a must have and must finish game in order to have 100% fun from other 2 parts of Drake's journey. Dont listen to trolls that says that the game is bad. The game is marvelous. Trust me and check it out. You wont regret a single minute sitting in front of TV and enjoying the spectacular adventure.
  58. Oct 28, 2012
    Not sure why everyone loves this game... Controls are horribly broken, good luck trying to get a head shot, and with a maximum of 40 bullets, 4 bullets (at least) per enemy, and usually finding yourself swarmed by a group of 30 enemies, it means you'll be dying quite a bit, and replaying the same scenes over and over. This game needed more platforming, and less broken gun-play.
  59. Jan 7, 2012
    I love Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, but I hate this game. Most of the reason is because of the amount of shooting in this game. There is too much shooting! It gets really boring when you crash on the island because you shoot probably 500 pirates. How they brought 500 pirates to the island I do not know. It gets really annoying. They could cut the amount of shooting in this game in half andI love Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, but I hate this game. Most of the reason is because of the amount of shooting in this game. There is too much shooting! It gets really boring when you crash on the island because you shoot probably 500 pirates. How they brought 500 pirates to the island I do not know. It gets really annoying. They could cut the amount of shooting in this game in half and it would greatly improve the game. Another thing I noticed on this game was that Drake takes much less damage as he does on the other games in the series. This is very bad because in this game you are going against more enemies (who sometimes magically spawn behind you and shoot you with a shotgun) all by yourself without the help of Elena or Sully. To me, the game stops being fun when you're being surrounded by 20 pirates at once, who somehow can take 5 to 6 shots from an AK-47 without going down. If critics give this game a 90, then Uncharted 2 should get a 100. If you're a fan of the series, this is definitely the one to skip. Expand
  60. Oct 10, 2011
    Oh how I hate this game. I've given it more than a fair try. I wanted to like it. When my friends said you've got to get the playstation 3 just for uncharted 2 alone I thought the first game must be great and I'm one of those people who can't just jump in mid series so the first game I got was this and my god does it suck. Firstly lets start with the good. Drake and Elena are likableOh how I hate this game. I've given it more than a fair try. I wanted to like it. When my friends said you've got to get the playstation 3 just for uncharted 2 alone I thought the first game must be great and I'm one of those people who can't just jump in mid series so the first game I got was this and my god does it suck. Firstly lets start with the good. Drake and Elena are likable characters and are the sole reason I wanted to see this game through. I struggle to find anything else nice to say about this game. Graphics are dated but lets forgive that as it is a old game so thats a non issue for me. Combat i'm less willing to forgive the camera during fights will get you killed. a lot. you'll often be "ambushed" you can always tell when its going to happen as normally any room with cover and a gun laying helpfully against said cover yeah theres going to be a shoot out. But another problem arises during these "ambushes" sometimes enemies will just jump in behind you meaning insta death unless you learn the spawn points in otherwords you're going to die a lot until you learn them. During these "ambuses" you'll be wishing they'd stop and you could get to the platforming. Forgetting just how bad the platforming is. If you've ever played any assassins creed games and had your character jump stupidly to his doom instead of grabbing the next ledge then you'll be horrified to hear its even worse in this game. And the check points mean you'll be forced to do the same 20 jumps before you get to the bit where a retarded drake decides he wants to jump pointlessly into nothing all over again. This game is terrible the story didn't drag me in the game play is terrible the graphics are dated. Do you're self a favor skip this game. Expand
  61. OscarH
    Aug 11, 2008
    I bought this on the strength of certain reviews, and I must admit I feel robbed; although I was fortunate enough to purchase it on Platinum so it doesn't hurt the piggy bank too badly! Games have taken a nose dive if a game so unimaginative and lacking in innovation as this is scoring anything above a 7. The positive: this game looks fantastic. Although the graphics aren't as I bought this on the strength of certain reviews, and I must admit I feel robbed; although I was fortunate enough to purchase it on Platinum so it doesn't hurt the piggy bank too badly! Games have taken a nose dive if a game so unimaginative and lacking in innovation as this is scoring anything above a 7. The positive: this game looks fantastic. Although the graphics aren't as impressive as Metal Gear Solid 4, it's still a very nice effort, albeit it looks plastic and over saturated in some places. In addition, it at least attempts to introduce innovation into the gameplay (with jetskis, jumping, puzzles etc) although you quickly realise they all follow a similar linear pathway and are heavily interspersed with the same lazy gameplay. The negatives: - Repetitive: For a short game (~8 hours apparently) this felt like a week of playing, such was the tedium. Shooting an endless stream of unnamed enemies grows tiresome very quickly; replacing those enemies with a few zombies at the end isn't the innovation I am looking for - Plot: B-movie style. This is acceptable in a game like Far Cry where its superior visuals and open ended approach to gameplay is the main selling point, but for such a linear game it hardly helps matters here. - AI: Almost superhuman at times, which isn't a good thing; those enemies with the lasers (especially Navarro at the end) are inhumanely accurate. Their presence is also incongruous with the information of certain locations - e.g. they appear in droves in areas that humans apparently haven't seen for hundreds of years. - Absolute zero replay value: I have no intention of ever playing this game again following my lack of enjoyment on my first run through. With the additional lack of multiplayer and coop modes, this will now be gathering dust somewhere. Overall this is lazy game design. Do not buy but merely rent this title only if you have a really boring weekend you want to kill, slowly and painfully. Distinctly unimpressed. Expand
  62. Aug 9, 2011
    Uncharted is a good game and having completed it after Uncharted 2, my score may be lower than otherwise... Nonetheless, it is a great game with a good story, good characters and great voicework, together with a cinematic soundtrack. The graphics are very good, with the occassional pop-in and dodgy texture. The gameplay is decent, not as refined as its successor but there are some elementsUncharted is a good game and having completed it after Uncharted 2, my score may be lower than otherwise... Nonetheless, it is a great game with a good story, good characters and great voicework, together with a cinematic soundtrack. The graphics are very good, with the occassional pop-in and dodgy texture. The gameplay is decent, not as refined as its successor but there are some elements that can be frustrating. This mainly revolves around the attempt to apply six-axis controls into grenade throwing and shaking off some of the latter enemies... this can be frustrating. I'm not a big fan of quick-time events and this game has some infrequently and often unexpected during cutscenes. I can't see much reason to playthrough again other than trophies, which I'm not interested in. The game provides a decent challenge on the normal setting. Good, 3/5. Expand
  63. Jan 23, 2012
    At Least it looked nice.

All I can say is I am glad I played Uncharted 2 First, and Uncharted 3 came out before I got around to this. Firstly, the cover is inadequate, especially against the pirates that have crack shots and can throw like baseball legends, or my favourite the shotgun wielding pirates who appear all ninja like and one shot you. The Cover issue would be fine if it wasn't
    At Least it looked nice.

The Cover issue would be fine if it wasn't so damn hard to kill these unarmoured pirates, I've had a few survive shots to the head, Keep in mind I was playing normal, and I was taking less damage then the most basic enemy's with a slow heal time and cover that usually doesn't cover you, I found myself dying alot. I also noticed I ran out of ammo while trying to kill the current wave of baddies before moving up, taking time for head-shots generally becoming unfavourable do to there incredible aim and drakes lack of health.
    Also there is no mild zoom like in Uncharted 2, what you get is all you get to work with. I also must make mention of the poor directions, often leaving grenade launchers to kill turrets in locations you fail to notice while taking heavy fire, or like in the Jet ski chapter where it fails to mention you control Elena and her grenade launcher (she just magically acquired) A scene with alot of potential for high octane fun, that boils down to a crawl with you just blasting the hell out of everything with your (her) grenade launcher, instead of flying through with some epic cinematic style jumps or something. and Lastly before concluding the rant, Drake's slow ass doesn't get a sprint, or a combat sprint, just a sketchy roll to cover, and for some reason the shotgun that the enemy's so often one shot you with, fails to one shot them more often then not.(Unless your really close of course)

I would like to say however, that Elena is far more enjoyable a character in this one then the other two games of the trilogy. So at least there is that.
  64. Mar 5, 2012
    Playing this game for the first time, i go in to it with high expectations. Afterall, this is the much praised "Uncharted" series I've heard about. I've got to say I'm hugely dispointed. What this game basically boils down to is "move in to new area, hide behind a rock, shoot waves of bad-guys that get boring about half way through the first wave, pick up ammo, move around corner to nextPlaying this game for the first time, i go in to it with high expectations. Afterall, this is the much praised "Uncharted" series I've heard about. I've got to say I'm hugely dispointed. What this game basically boils down to is "move in to new area, hide behind a rock, shoot waves of bad-guys that get boring about half way through the first wave, pick up ammo, move around corner to next area, rinse, repeat". There are far too few "Adventure" moments considering it's suposedly an adventure game and in the end it turns out to be a cover and shoot game within a handful of picturesque settings. I'm going to play the other uncharted games but if it's all more of the same then i doubt i'll make it all the way to the end of the third game. Expand
  65. Dec 19, 2011
    A copy from Tomb Rider, but without Lara Croft. Uncharted has Great graphics, but a poor gameplay. Lacks better controls, lacks a better combat system. And are quick time events reallly annoying. Just a game with good visuals. End.
  66. WayneL.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Repetitive battles, poor story, poor object models (clipping problems), pointless jumping puzzles. Over all not a bad game but defiantly not worth the hype.
  67. MessiahL.
    Dec 24, 2007
    I rented it from Blockbuster and finished it before it was even due. Is this game really WORTH $60? Drake borrows from a variety of franchises: Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 4, et al but never really establishes itself as anything more than a derivative action/adventure game. I slugged through the 5 hours it took me to complete it... and you know what? I don't want to go back. It had a I rented it from Blockbuster and finished it before it was even due. Is this game really WORTH $60? Drake borrows from a variety of franchises: Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 4, et al but never really establishes itself as anything more than a derivative action/adventure game. I slugged through the 5 hours it took me to complete it... and you know what? I don't want to go back. It had a nice plot-twist toward the end, but it seems like it's there just to reassure you that Drake's Uncharted Fortune is merely a competent title, not an impressive one. Overall, I guess it might be worth the $60 price-tag if the only current-gen (NOT next-gen system) you own is a PS3. Expand
  68. Feb 26, 2012
    Nice graphics, interesting gameplay, and very well-made characters and dialogue. Voice acting is TOP notch. However, the story line immediately made me think of Indian Jones. Soon I realized that this WAS indiana jones. Then the weird monsters started attacking. Then I realized that the monsters are just people dressed up as monsters. Then I laughed and realized that this game is reallyNice graphics, interesting gameplay, and very well-made characters and dialogue. Voice acting is TOP notch. However, the story line immediately made me think of Indian Jones. Soon I realized that this WAS indiana jones. Then the weird monsters started attacking. Then I realized that the monsters are just people dressed up as monsters. Then I laughed and realized that this game is really nothing special. Expand
  69. DBCooper
    Feb 12, 2008
    Wave after wave of pointless pirates just becomes tedious after a while - especially when they swarm out of areas that supposedly have not seen the light of day for hundreds of years. The guns also feel underpowered - how many direct hits from an AK-47 can a guy in a tank top withstand? In this game, about 10. I haven't even gotten to the zombies yet. Anyway if you haven't Wave after wave of pointless pirates just becomes tedious after a while - especially when they swarm out of areas that supposedly have not seen the light of day for hundreds of years. The guns also feel underpowered - how many direct hits from an AK-47 can a guy in a tank top withstand? In this game, about 10. I haven't even gotten to the zombies yet. Anyway if you haven't played yet, prepare for a lot of pointless shooting, and get used to this sound, just as you're starting to look around at the environment and get interested in what's going on: "There he is!" "I see him!" "Shoot to kill!" Sigh. Expand
  70. Dec 9, 2012
    This game is supposed to be one of the best games the Play-station 3 has to offer well if this is the case it just shows how poor PS3 games are,this game is riddled with dodgy game-play,ropey controls awful graphics cheesy voice acting and repetitive game-play it really is quite tedious and there's way to much shooting enemies that take whole clips of ammo to drop which is especially dadThis game is supposed to be one of the best games the Play-station 3 has to offer well if this is the case it just shows how poor PS3 games are,this game is riddled with dodgy game-play,ropey controls awful graphics cheesy voice acting and repetitive game-play it really is quite tedious and there's way to much shooting enemies that take whole clips of ammo to drop which is especially dad as you can't carry very much,also enemies appear out of nowhere shooting you dead so you have to do it all over again,very tedious,but if you've nothing better to do it's better than staring at a blank screen,but only just,I am new to the PS3,but honestly everything on the XBOX 360 is way better than this poor excuse for a game,avoid at all costs. Expand
  71. Feb 9, 2013
    Save yourself time and skip this one. Pick up the much, much better Uncharted 2. Uncharted 1 has almost no platforming and story but it has tons... and tons... and tons of shooting. And not the interesting kind of shooting I must say.
  72. Feb 25, 2013
    I had high expectations out of this game. I was a huge fan of the original Crash Bandicoot and Jak Daxter games so I bought the game based off the developer. I am very disappointed with my purchase. I enjoyed the characters and graphics but this was not enough for me. The game calls itself an adventure game, yet it is more of a shooter, despite being called more of an adventure game. TheI had high expectations out of this game. I was a huge fan of the original Crash Bandicoot and Jak Daxter games so I bought the game based off the developer. I am very disappointed with my purchase. I enjoyed the characters and graphics but this was not enough for me. The game calls itself an adventure game, yet it is more of a shooter, despite being called more of an adventure game. The puzzles are completely hit or miss, some are very easy, others are just down right ridiculous. The game got very tedious when there got to be WAY to many enemies.

After playing this game for about 6 hours, I completely stopped playing because I wasn't having fun. Another thing that pissed me off was the fact that they turned the game into a horror game very late in the game. They should have told you they'd do this on the back of the cover or something, this way I'd have an idea on what I'm buying. So if you're like me, and simply not into horror games don't buy this game. I thought the horror aspect wouldn't last to long but it lasts about an hour to an hour and a half. So much for an adventure game, huh? How about sticking to your routes Naughty Dog? Go back to Jak Daxter, because I hate this game much more than the Lost Frontier. Like I said decent story and characters, with fantastic graphics, but definitely not a good adventure game. The people who gave this positive reviews probably enjoy shooter and horror aspects, I for one don't. Sorry Uncharted, heard you were a great series but you obviously aren't for me.
  73. FredD.
    Aug 20, 2008
    This game has poor graphics for a ps3 game and poor taste. It appeals to little teenagers though.
  74. May 30, 2012
    Good game. I replaced my old PS3 recently and got Drake 3 bundled in with the console.So I also bought Drake 1 and 2 from the used shelf the same time. I think Drake 1 cost me £5, and its turned out to be one of the best £5 I've spent recently. I don't tend to like 3rd person games (too many bad camera angle experiences in the past) or puzzle games (too manyGood game. I replaced my old PS3 recently and got Drake 3 bundled in with the console.So I also bought Drake 1 and 2 from the used shelf the same time. I think Drake 1 cost me £5, and its turned out to be one of the best £5 I've spent recently. I don't tend to like 3rd person games (too many bad camera angle experiences in the past) or puzzle games (too many rubbush/illogical puzzle experiences), but Drake 1 is excellent. Its got and epic action storyline. Its got good graphics. Its got lots of combat (and enemies are intelligent). Its got climbing and jumping and camera angles that consistantly work. Its got logical puzzles that fit in with the flow of the game and story. All in all a really enjoyable game and im looking forward to playing Drake 2 and 3. Expand
  75. UncleDouglasB.
    Nov 26, 2007
    One of the worst games known to mankind. Shoddy controls, terrible story and sucky visuals are just the tip of the iceberg for this smoldering pile of crap. Seriously, I want my life back.
  76. JoeDeMaria
    Feb 24, 2008
    Great, fun, game until chapter 17 (of 21), in which out of the blue- freaking monsters appear. Yeah apparently the gold's curse which is foreshadowed throughout the game is that there are dawn of the dead type zombies (The newer version) in the ridiculously complex vault system (Which probably cost more to build than El Dorado is worth). You took a brilliantly fun, beautiful game andGreat, fun, game until chapter 17 (of 21), in which out of the blue- freaking monsters appear. Yeah apparently the gold's curse which is foreshadowed throughout the game is that there are dawn of the dead type zombies (The newer version) in the ridiculously complex vault system (Which probably cost more to build than El Dorado is worth). You took a brilliantly fun, beautiful game and shat upon it by with these deus ex machina zombie things. It changes the game from being a fun action adventure game, which it was doing a great job at, and turning it into "Resident Evil 5: The Exhausted Scenario". Great visuals and puzzle solving, gun fights felt a little ridiculous at some points, but I could overcome these feelings if it wasn't for the design teams lack of creativity. Expand
  77. Mar 17, 2011
    This is a rail shooter with jump "puzzles". Story is kinda interesting, voice acting isn't terrible, visuals are pretty good. I've played it for a little bit and I'm certain that I'm going to trade it in, probably in the immediate future. I can see why some people like it, but it's not a puzzle game, and it's not an adventure game (thief & Assassins creed are way more of both) which isThis is a rail shooter with jump "puzzles". Story is kinda interesting, voice acting isn't terrible, visuals are pretty good. I've played it for a little bit and I'm certain that I'm going to trade it in, probably in the immediate future. I can see why some people like it, but it's not a puzzle game, and it's not an adventure game (thief & Assassins creed are way more of both) which is what it was billed as, and it's a terrible shooter. So what's the point? Expand
  78. DevinH.
    Dec 16, 2007
    I think this game is really around a 3 but I'm giving it a 0 because of the overblown reviews giving this game a 9 to 10 out of 10. If I was a desperate shoot-em up finatic that has no friends and no life and enjoyed playing a terrible mix of generic crap stolen from far better games over and over again just to collect the horrible substitutes of 360 achievements with nice graphics I think this game is really around a 3 but I'm giving it a 0 because of the overblown reviews giving this game a 9 to 10 out of 10. If I was a desperate shoot-em up finatic that has no friends and no life and enjoyed playing a terrible mix of generic crap stolen from far better games over and over again just to collect the horrible substitutes of 360 achievements with nice graphics with a poorly done attempt at making the protangonist an everyday hero to try and standout from the other 100,000 shoot-em up games made this year (such as the legendary bioshock) than i would give this game an 8 out of 10. But then that's why there are so many poor shooting games out there, because any reviewer or gamer who would give this game above a 7 out of 10 has just been played and will keep getting played by other poorly made shooting games until they pull their head out of their arse and figure out what is going on. Expand
  79. Jan 9, 2013
    meh this games isnt that good havent played 2 or 3 so i played this to see if those r worth it the graphics r very bad NOW the gameplay is nothing special drake is boring the old masn boring the chick is hot returned the game the next day not my cup of tea only got half of the money i paid just for having this **** for a day **** u uncharted IM GONNA JUST RENT 3 now
  80. ImedL.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Uncharted is amazing graphics on ps3 i've ever been played so far, I like the environment, but I don't like the eye character, its not blend in, that makes little bit disappointed cause the graphics is very detail. Gameplay is very very fun, i like the shooting style like this, you can duck, cover and shoot. The replay value is good. for PS3 owner, this is a must have game, Uncharted is amazing graphics on ps3 i've ever been played so far, I like the environment, but I don't like the eye character, its not blend in, that makes little bit disappointed cause the graphics is very detail. Gameplay is very very fun, i like the shooting style like this, you can duck, cover and shoot. The replay value is good. for PS3 owner, this is a must have game, beautiful graphics and cool gameplay and good adventure story Expand
  81. pasinduS
    Oct 8, 2009
    Great game; awesome fun....only complaint is the utter lack of boss battles. The last boss was a joke, hopefully theyll have fixed this in the sequel.
  82. MohammadA
    Mar 9, 2009
    I am 26 and own a PS3 and 360. This game is amazing. Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay and a lot of suspense. I played it twice and would play it a third time if there weren't other titles out there to play. It made definitely made my PS3 purchase.
  83. GeorgeD.
    Dec 19, 2007
    I don't know why this game is getting tens! It is good but the short length of the campaign makes it really bad value for money. Also the camera systems erratic seesawing (especially on the jetski stages) induces NAUSEA, which I cannot say is a very pleasant gaming experience.
  84. JoeB.
    Dec 31, 2007
    Combat is bad. Storyline is average. Graphics are stunning!! All he textures look real .. simply amazing. I also thought it was rather difficult, it may be a little much for the average gamer.
  85. DaveG.
    Dec 7, 2007
    An astonishingly beautiful game that's actually great to play. This game made up for the utter disappointment of Assassin's Creed and it better looking to boot (granted, it isn't as huge). The variety of levels and the incredible scenery combined with the challenging gameplay make this an incredible game.
  86. EricK.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Way too much shooting, the game drags it out so bad in some spots you never think its gonna end. Not real impressed so far with this websites scores this is the third game i have bought going off the review scores on here and am feeling very cheated.
  87. RobB.
    Mar 14, 2008
    NO REPLAY VALUE! I have played this "last gen game with a coat of new paint" several times through to completion on different levels including "crushing". I have found 61 of 60 tresures and been bored senseless doing so! Don't buy this, there is no point buying a game that you will get bored with after the third play through! Graphically I cant see what people are raving about; the NO REPLAY VALUE! I have played this "last gen game with a coat of new paint" several times through to completion on different levels including "crushing". I have found 61 of 60 tresures and been bored senseless doing so! Don't buy this, there is no point buying a game that you will get bored with after the third play through! Graphically I cant see what people are raving about; the screen tears every time your character turns around! The worst thing about this game is that it's so linear that it can't be described as "Next Gen", unless "Next Gen" really means just a coat of new paint! Expand
  88. ChrisS.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Anything review above a 7 is by children or people who have never played a video game before. This game is gorgeous graphically, that's it. Puzzles are lame and easy and the action gets repetitive and down right tedious after a while. I wouldn't have been as vocal if I hadn't thought a 9 or 10 was showing up in the mail from all the initial reviews. 9s and 10s is what Anything review above a 7 is by children or people who have never played a video game before. This game is gorgeous graphically, that's it. Puzzles are lame and easy and the action gets repetitive and down right tedious after a while. I wouldn't have been as vocal if I hadn't thought a 9 or 10 was showing up in the mail from all the initial reviews. 9s and 10s is what Bioshock, orange box, ratchet and clank, COD4, Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, and others got, this game is not in the same ball park, league, sport, or even the same planet of fun vs those games. The best part of this game is behind the scene extras. It's doing the PS3 a dis service to rate this game this high. If this is a 9 or 10, I made a serious mistake putting 500 bucks down for the PS3. Expand
  89. ps3guy
    Aug 20, 2008
    Really cool game with great graphics and fun gameplay with all the puzzle solving took me about a week to beat so you could rent it if you played it a lot and is definately one of the ps3's best games.
  90. michaelmarcus
    Nov 1, 2009
    AWSOME! so much adventure. A little slow getting started but never slows down after...keeps getting harder and more changeling. ALOT of fun!
  91. crackerJax
    Nov 19, 2007
    I saw previews and the graphics look horrible, I saw it on G4 and waasnt sure if it was polished up by then but it was a mission where you were running around on a boat shooting at other people on a boat. I want to really like this game but I think I am going to rent it first.
  92. AshM.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Really pretty game. But really shallow. Boring gunplay, pretty bad sound effects (guns sound like toys), glitchy cover system, bad AI, monotonous level design, boring "collect them all" treasure system.
  93. chrisl
    Mar 22, 2008
    The only reason anyone would rate this game a 9 or 10 is becuase they are so desperate for a exclusive ps3 game to be good. I own ps3 and the xbox360 and games as boring as this keep me going back to my 360. If you would just vote the score these crappy games deserve they would be forced to make better ones, but, since you want to hype up dud's like this they will continue to sell us The only reason anyone would rate this game a 9 or 10 is becuase they are so desperate for a exclusive ps3 game to be good. I own ps3 and the xbox360 and games as boring as this keep me going back to my 360. If you would just vote the score these crappy games deserve they would be forced to make better ones, but, since you want to hype up dud's like this they will continue to sell us the same old garbage. This game deserves a 6. It had it's fun moments but had more boring moments. It would have received a 7or 8 if it was longer and had less monotony. Expand
  94. JustinG.
    Jun 27, 2008
    I love puzzle adventure games, so I was really looking forward to this game. What a disappointment. Chris S.' review below is spot on the money! I only gave it a 6 because the graphics are stunning, the story was interesting and the game play wasn't bad. Come on guy's, lift your expectations! The puzzles are fed to you on a platter, and the shooter element is so repetitive. I love puzzle adventure games, so I was really looking forward to this game. What a disappointment. Chris S.' review below is spot on the money! I only gave it a 6 because the graphics are stunning, the story was interesting and the game play wasn't bad. Come on guy's, lift your expectations! The puzzles are fed to you on a platter, and the shooter element is so repetitive. If you think this game is deserving of any score above a 6 go back to ps2, play "Soul Reaver" or "God of War" and have a good hard look at this game. Rent it, don't buy it! Expand
  95. aaront
    Dec 4, 2009
    One of my favorite games of all time!
  96. alecf
    Sep 29, 2009
    personally, i feel uncharted: drakes fortune is one of the most overlooked titles on the next gen systems. when it came out it had the best graphics, refreshing gameplay and a great voice acting cast. i truly enjoyed this game and cant wait for uncharted 2(which at the moment has a 98!)
  97. DennisM.
    Nov 25, 2007
    A truly phenomenal ride that you will want to experience again and again. The visuals, audio and entertainment value are unsurpassed.
  98. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.

For its time, this game is a 10/10. Looking back, it is still a 9/10 and led the way to the amazing Uncharted series and The Last of Us.
  99. Apr 2, 2012
    The dullest third-person shooting game I have played in a while, complete with quick-time events. The scenery was nice and the graphics were very good too, and the platforming sections were fairly enjoyable. The story is ridiculous though and overall it was kind of a "meh" game.

The final sum is far greater than the individual parts. Maybe you don't dig the combat or maybe the pop-in gets you down, but the overall package of an endearing story, outstanding score, great performances and fun gameplay should put this title on the top of your holiday wishlist.
    This game is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had this year, and it's definitely a great reason to own a PS3. The mix of platforming and gunplay worked really well and left me craving the next title in the series.
  3. By starting with a great control and camera system, building on that with excellent combat and a wonderful spin on Ico's platform adventuring, and then topping it off with a decent storyline, Naughty Dog has cooked up one of the most relentlessly entertaining, fat-free games to emerge in ages. Topped off with the most stunning use of the PS3's underused technical prowess yet, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is, for my money, the first must-have PlayStation 3 title.