7.2

1. Aug 1, 2014
    This is one of my favorite fighting games of all time for many reasons. What makes it different from Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter is the realism in the game. In Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter they have fireballs and other projectiles that don't exist in real life. In Virtua Fighter, each fighter is known for their specific martial art (ie. Kickboxing, Judo). The arcade mode is fun andThis is one of my favorite fighting games of all time for many reasons. What makes it different from Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter is the realism in the game. In Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter they have fireballs and other projectiles that don't exist in real life. In Virtua Fighter, each fighter is known for their specific martial art (ie. Kickboxing, Judo). The arcade mode is fun and the final boss is pretty tough, even on normal. But what really makes this game stand out is the Quest Mode where you can create your own gamer profile and rise in rank to become a force to be reckoned with. They use the 'Dan' system in it which is correlated to Black Belt ranks in real martial arts and the opponents really do get hard the higher you go, not to mention if you put it on hard. In this mode you are also able to customize your character and win items, emblems, and other cool stuff that really allows you to give yourself your own unique identity in the game.

What I would have liked to see in this game is the ability to create your own character but I know it did come out in 2007. I also bought it because I found it used for $4.99 in the bargain bin at my local video game store. And I had played Virtua Fighter 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 EVO a lot with my friends back in the day.

My personal favorite characters are Lei-Fei, Kage Maru, and Jacky. Each character has it's own learning curve so you can be somewhat successful if you are a beginner by using the 'beginner' characters but even if you are an expert, the 'beginner' characters can be used effectively if you know their moves/combos.

I recommend this title highly for Dad's who need a game to play with their middle school kid casually since there is no blood and gore and it can teach some sound martial arts techniques.
  2. Feb 28, 2012
    Well this is my favorite fighter ever. I learned Lau. I bought the stategy guide. I wouldn't be a fighting game fan if it weren't for this. The flow and the technicallity. Just play It. Just play It. Learn it.

1. Virtua Fighter 5 kicks everyone's ass up and down the block. Sure some fighting series like "Soul Calibur" and "Tekken" distract you with all kinds of extra modes and, uh, bowling, but VF5 rises above the pack thanks to the sheer depth of its gameplay. [Mar 2007, p.84]
  2. Virtua Fighter 5 is downright incredible. Its a near perfect port from the Arcades and features some of the most engrossing gameplay and visuals ever to grace a home console. [JPN Import]
  3. As an intelligent and masterful 3D beat 'em up experience, this is as pure as it gets. [JPN Import]