• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jul 23, 2009
8.3

1. Jun 19, 2011
    WipEout HD was awesome, this expansion is awesome too. I don't know, but this is great game to play. Although I still don't really know how to control the ship's manuevers, but it was like when I played Sonic Riders and SR: Zero Gravity with my brother. the gameplay is basically on futuristic tracks. So it's cool!! This is definitely one of the best PSN games ever!!!
  2. Sep 30, 2010
    This a is a quality racer and a such a low price an absolute bargain both HD and FURY campaigns which is more than enough for players to get the hang of WOHD and when your done with single player theres a nice variety of online modes to keep you busy. Online up to 8 players can compete in races with or without weapons, eliminator mode for obliterating one another with the ability to flipThis a is a quality racer and a such a low price an absolute bargain both HD and FURY campaigns which is more than enough for players to get the hang of WOHD and when your done with single player theres a nice variety of online modes to keep you busy. Online up to 8 players can compete in races with or without weapons, eliminator mode for obliterating one another with the ability to flip and go in the opposite direction of other pilots for tactical effect, zone battle which leaves the open choice of boosting to further reach the zone target and moving a much greater speed or shields to regenerate shields lost from impact as well as temporary shielding from all damage. For the graphics fans among you you'll pleased to know that the game displays in 1080p at 60fps not bad for those with fancy tvs and even better with a 3D tv to boot! Expand
  3. Aug 12, 2010
    Wipeout HD Fury is the best version of Wipeout ever. I've been playing since the first version on the PSOne and this is how I dreamed the game to be in the future.

Wipeout HD is amazing, but somehow it lacks some fury in it. The graphics are fast, but a bit dull, and so were the ship models. Fury has changed all this adding the dark twist this wonderful game needed. Not to mention all the ship upgrades, new circuits, new game modes and new music.

Simply a must for any wipeout fan.
  4. Mar 20, 2012
    More game modes, more tracks, definitely worth expanding your Wipeout HD experience with Fury. The new vehicles are alright, too. The additional stats rebalance some of the rides, so there's that to look forward to.
  5. Jun 3, 2011
    Not that I don't like the game, but they're are adds, like full on commercials before each race. I paid for it too, they're no excuse for adds in a paid game. DIsgraceful
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    Wipeout HD Fury has great graphics, moves like lightning and offers a solid sci-fi racing experience. It also allows you to import a custom soundtrack, which is always a plus. Despite it's thrilling nature, however, the campaign isn't set up in a very compelling way. There just isn't enough in the way of rewards to motivate you into playing obsessively. Still, if you're in the market for aWipeout HD Fury has great graphics, moves like lightning and offers a solid sci-fi racing experience. It also allows you to import a custom soundtrack, which is always a plus. Despite it's thrilling nature, however, the campaign isn't set up in a very compelling way. There just isn't enough in the way of rewards to motivate you into playing obsessively. Still, if you're in the market for a futuristic racer, Wipeout HD Fury is undoubtedly top of it's class. Collapse
  7. BradJ
    Jul 31, 2009
    This is the best racing game until GT5. Great controls. Best graphics to date on a video game. The new game modes in FURY are ridiculously fun especially online. Gives WipEout a fresh new feel.
  8. KomradA
    Jul 31, 2009
    Whoa! Its like living in the Wip3out world! new updated vehicles... they're like the 09 vs the 08 models! love it. Thoroughly impressed, the new tracks are excellent, and the new fury presentation feels like a real progression of future thought and design. very pleased. why are you reading this still? go on and get it !!
  9. ASsegai
    Aug 17, 2009
    This is so worth the money. It doubles the game: Updated ships, more tracks, new music and freshly presented menus. So glad I got it, it makes other expansion packs look like total rip-offs. If you have WipEout HD or are planning to buy it sometime, you must get this also!
  10. samfrand
    Sep 7, 2009
    Redefines excellence in the downloadable genre. This game is AMAZING, and for only $15!? Blows the doors off most $60 racing games.
    You need take lightening fast reflexes to succeed on the hardest levels. This is the first game ever where I have wondered if I was fast enough. Man, it is intense.
  11. Oct 6, 2010
    For me, Wipeout HD Fury is the best PS3 exclusive. Wipeout games consistently strive to deliver the same things, and Wipeout HD Fury succeeds with them all: clean, crisp and colourful visuals; tight, responsive controls; challenging courses and varied modes of play; great soundtrack and effects; and speed. Plus, it has an online mode which in my experience so far has never suffered fromFor me, Wipeout HD Fury is the best PS3 exclusive. Wipeout games consistently strive to deliver the same things, and Wipeout HD Fury succeeds with them all: clean, crisp and colourful visuals; tight, responsive controls; challenging courses and varied modes of play; great soundtrack and effects; and speed. Plus, it has an online mode which in my experience so far has never suffered from lag. Extra marks go to the feature that allows you to create your own soundtrack from any playlists stored on your PS3. This can really add to the intensity and enjoyment and helps to make Wipeout HD YOUR game. Even without the Fury expansion (although there's really no reason to only purchase the original version given that both are available on a single disc version), it's a cracking game. Expand
  12. Oct 27, 2010
    Great game and the immersion is better in 3D. The sense of depth makes it a bit easier to navigate the courses at high speed but it still takes some time to master. The 3D patch/update is free - you've gotta love that! The only catch: it's maxed at 720p (Sony's 3D requirement for high frame rates) but if it worked at a high frame rate at 1080p I'd like to see it. With Sony granting anGreat game and the immersion is better in 3D. The sense of depth makes it a bit easier to navigate the courses at high speed but it still takes some time to master. The 3D patch/update is free - you've gotta love that! The only catch: it's maxed at 720p (Sony's 3D requirement for high frame rates) but if it worked at a high frame rate at 1080p I'd like to see it. With Sony granting an exception for GT5 with 1080p 3D let's hope they relax the rules a bit for other games (quality permitting). Expand
  13. Jun 22, 2012
    I was never a Wipeout fan but when I got round to giving HD & Fury a run for their money I couldn't help but have my mouth agape and smiling consistently through my experience. The visual effects are mind boggling, this is easily the best looking game I have ever played. The frame rate stays at a smooth 60FPS and the action is fast paced yet never becomes too hectic. The multiplayer is funI was never a Wipeout fan but when I got round to giving HD & Fury a run for their money I couldn't help but have my mouth agape and smiling consistently through my experience. The visual effects are mind boggling, this is easily the best looking game I have ever played. The frame rate stays at a smooth 60FPS and the action is fast paced yet never becomes too hectic. The multiplayer is fun but a novelty at best, singleplayer is where Wipeout HD's loyalties lie and where the fun ensues. Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2014
    Don't know why but I prefer ps2 titles better. I see that it's just HD version of PURE and PULSE (with same gameplay as PULSE, not PURE) but something doesn't feel right.
  15. Apr 9, 2012

1. The new tracks are excellent, but it's the game modes that offer the real value for money here - they're so good it's no surprise Sony Liverpool was keen to get them into gamers' hands in an expansion rather than having to wait until the release of a completely new game.
  2. There really is no option, if you love Wipeout HD then Fury is a must have.
  3. With a whole new 80-event campaign designed to showcase these new modes, along with a smattering of traditional races and fastest-lap challenges, Fury almost doubles the size of an already generous game and therefore thoroughly warrants its asking price. One of the best downloadable games available now has one of the best expansion packs.