4.7

1. Mar 21, 2014
    Not funny, not interesting or challenging. Graphics is bad, this game just unnecessary spin-off of great ninja hack-n-slash games. Back step for NG. Really bad game for 60 dollars.
  2. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is basically the new DmCDevil May Cry, a terrible game with degraded difficulty, downed gameplay, awful dubstep in seek of skrillex fans and dialogs written by a 12 year old.
  3. Apr 25, 2014
    HOLY ScHmIdT this game is terrible; this game brings shame to the Ninja Gaiden legacy. I rented this for the PS3 and took it back in less than 6 hours. The gameplay is really repetitive and not challenging or enjoyable as in past Ninja Gaiden games. The cell shaded visuals really don't fit; taking a franchise that has never used a cell-shaded art style and suddenly giving a cell-shaded artHOLY ScHmIdT this game is terrible; this game brings shame to the Ninja Gaiden legacy. I rented this for the PS3 and took it back in less than 6 hours. The gameplay is really repetitive and not challenging or enjoyable as in past Ninja Gaiden games. The cell shaded visuals really don't fit; taking a franchise that has never used a cell-shaded art style and suddenly giving a cell-shaded art style feels gimmicky. The story is really contrived and boring; there is really no explanation or context provided for the setting or why you are fighting zombies or anything. The main character is not likeable and the whole 'cyborg ninja' element feels like another gimmick. Then there's the dialogue, GOOD GRIEF the awful dialogue. The dialogue is so terribly vulgar, juvenile and piss poor in a way that wishes it could sound like the writing of Suda 51 games and the Duke Nukem franchise, but misses the mark completely. It is not funny in the least, nor is it witty or anything other than pathetic. I don't mind vulgarity in entertainment when it is done tastefully and fits within the context of the entertainment medium, but it sure doesn't fit here and makes it so much worse.

And what kind of farking ninja game doesn't let you jump except for quick time events?!

Utter fail of a game, not to mention a disgrace to the franchise.
  4. Apr 21, 2014
    Failed humor, topped off with boring combat and lazily designed levels. Whoopee. Honestly, I expected more, as Ninja Gaiden is one of my favorite game series'. Yet, it was a hard kick in the nuts instead of a fun game.
  5. Mar 28, 2014
    Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z was the worst Hack'n Slash zombie style-action game. It was really bad! And it's like you play pretty much the same game every goddamn year, just like Call of Duty. No inspirations, no nothing!
  6. Jun 4, 2014
    What is this trash? Is this called a "game" this is a disaster. I miss the old days when ninja gaiden was a good franchise on the nintendo NES, Hope this abysmal release put an end for the good of this decadent franchise, this games have one of the worst gameplay mechanics and animations i have ever seen
    I recommend the people to stay away from this game, this game is so bad that even the professional reviewers give it a bad score. Don't fell bad, hope in the future we can get some good ninja games, but this one, is one of the WORST ninja games ever made.

1. May 4, 2014
    I can't believe what a disaster this game is. [June 2014, p.64]
  2. May 1, 2014
    It may be overpriced and too short, but Ninja Gaiden Z has a few thrilling moments.
  3. Getting your arm chopped off might actually be a better option. Just avoid this. [May 2014, p74]