3.5

1. Nov 6, 2013
    The sad truth is, Call of Duty campaigns and its general gameplay has lacked meaningful innovation for quite a long time. This entry is no different. While they have introduced Squads (which is, I admit, a very intriguing mode to try out), don't expect any daring attempt at innovation. In the end, this is yet another blatant money grab for our pockets, whilst "playing it safe" by staying to the "tried and true" Call of Duty formula.

As for the graphics...they are about what you would expect for a Call of Duty title. Had I not known it was a new engine, I would never have guessed, as the graphics look quite dated when matched against other recently released games.

The Story for the single player campaign also was quite unengaging, sticking close to all of the Call of Duty cliches. There was no exciting or unpredictable twists, no real attempt by the writers to get me to connect with the characters in the story. In fact, about halfway through the campaign, I realized that I didn't care what happened to any of the characters, or even what would happen in the larger scope of the war that was going on. It was a huge disconnect, and In short, it was quite boring.

As always, multiplayer is interesting, though again, do not expect any surprises. They make some changes, sure, but not large enough changes to really change the formulaic call of duty approach. Thus, if you've played multiplayer on call of duty at any time over the last 3 or 4 years, you can consider yourself to have pretty much experienced this year's rendition of it as well.

Because of the lack of MEANINGFUL innovation in its campaign or multiplayer, its lack of an engaging story, its lack of engaging characters, and its lack of graphical innovation, I have given this game a score of 2 out of 10. Call of Duty needs to break new ground. Innovate!
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    If you play any Call of Duty, you've played GHOSTS. Don't believe the marketing hype, this is the same product rebundled let it die and show investors we're not interested in being sold the same product year after year, the cash cow needs to starve. terrible game.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    I wanted to hate this game, I really did. The taste left in my mouth after MW3 made me fearful that the franchise had peaked. But after a few hours I really found my groove and had good old fashioned fun. An improvement over MW3 in every way, and I feel, the true successor to MW2., where MW3 felt like MW 2.5. MAp are a little on the large size, but I'm sure that all will be fixed on the next gen. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    An embarrassment of a game. Recycled sounds and animations from over five years ago. Shameful programming. Lack of innovation. This series is down in the dump, and dead for good.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    Been a CoD for since CoD2 (not MW2). This game has a decent campaign however the Multi....horrible. Maps promote camping way too much, the create a class system is horrible. I do like the variations in perks and such but why does EVERYTHING cost to unlock?!. I never was much for the treyarch games but this makes BO2 look amazing. Graphics are great but mutli (which we play it for) fails beyond belief. Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    rinse and repeat vol. 3000 so rinse and repeat the ending cut scene is identical to the final cut scene in mw2. how do the devs sleep at night especially with the bait and switch practices on the steam page. there is more depth in a childs swimming pool
  8. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is horrible. The controls are super unresponsive, the new game modes like squads are completely pointless and not fun at all, and the multiplayer sucks. If absolutely sucks. They messed up the most important part of the game. Even extinction has only one map. IT KS HORRIBLE.
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Been up playing COD GHOSTS all night and it is fantastic. Single Player is great fun, loads of variety and amazing polish and production values, MP is the best I have ever played from a COD game yet and Extinction mode is absoultely brilliant (if you like Zombies, you will LOVE Extinction). I've got no idea why the press and user scores are so polarised here on Metacritic as THIS GAME ROCKS!
  10. Nov 7, 2013
    As someone who was able to cheaply rent a copy of Ghosts, I can fully report to you the following. DON'T BUY IT! Not that you needed me to tell you that, but Ghosts is a joke. Here is the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. And the fact that they already announced a new CoD, should speak volumes.

Good SP campaign is longer than most previous entries. It does a good job mixing up different stages
    to fight through. The perk system for Lag Ops II remains, only there is more options now. You can literally craft a player like never before given all the options available to you. The controls seem a little tighter than MW3. Quick-scoping is not as easy to do now, which is great because I've seen less of it in matches. The graphics for the SP are as good as they ever were. The only other good note I can mention is they offer non-customizable emblems as previous IW titles have. This is a good thing as you get tired of the racist, pro hitler displays so often found from the cussing 12 year-olds in the Black Ops game.

Bad The SP campaign still consists of your typical Michael Bay, slow motion throat-cutting, jump in the last second before a massive explosion campaign that we've seen for a decade now. The menus are ugly, pale, and an eyesore in many cases. Even the presentation of the multiplayer per how you increase rank, receive awards, etc.. seems worse than ever. The presentation of the menus, ranks, and challenge awards have gone down considerably. CoD still retains terrible hit detection as usual. Nothing like pumping 30 rounds into someone only to go down in an instant to a quick knife swipe to your shoulder. The new game modes are exciting for about 5 minutes but get boring really quickly. What's worse is they removed other classic staples of previous CoD games. Gone is Headquarters, Capture the Flag, and other entries.

Ugly The graphics on the multiplayer are the worst I've seen ever in a CoD game. They are worse the MW 1, 2, 3, and both Black Ops games. The screen tearing is constant, textures are not fully realized and fade quickly as you move away from them. The maps are so bland it is hard not to fall asleep as you run around trying to find people. Speaking of which, the maps are waaaaaaaaaaaay too damn big. You spend half the time running around just trying to find other players. Think of Battlefield size maps with no background animation and terrible graphics. The maps are uninteresting and very lifeless. Worse than previous CoD titles. The graphics almost feel like a movie set made of drywall rather than a real location. The SP campaign seems to use some cut scenes stolen from other CoD games. Some scenes seem all too familiar and now a guy on YouTube has posted comparison videos. Oh yeah... remember the dog they bragged about having... it is a novelty that is forgotten in the campaign without any real explanation. It is there one minute and gone the next without any consistency.

Rent this game if you are not convinced... but don't waste $60 on this crap. It is a waste of money. My review score comes without a check from Activision. I give a 3.5
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Between the ages of 12-16 lie a group of people who, with cheetos stains on their shirts, wake up at the stroke of midnight to satisfy their craving for attention by knocking a game they have never played. It is really sad that these kids have absolutely no life but do not feel sorry for them they made the choice to dedicate hours and hours of time to become such a massive reject to the world. These people are trolls Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    i usd 2 rike cell o dutay, bert i no like gsot coas of da bed grephecs nd net mech gud steff. I wiss dey wud stahp da frehndsise, cos it 3 mooch. i am onty tree boot ma opiniyun iz varid! lets oz lev, tree yar ord
  13. Nov 7, 2013
    *Disclaimer: This review is based off of an extensive rental of this game, I HAVE REFUSED TO PURCHASE COD since Black Ops 1 (reasons explained below)*
    It's awesome as well as hilarious that COD: Ghosts has a title that is a self-fulfilling prophecy; this franchise will be nothing more than dead as a ghost after this game. Rehashed graphics, rehashed story, and even worse (but not
    surprising), the same worn out old multiplayer mechanics and function. Admittedly I SO HOPED that they would introduce that ONE innovative idea, or cool new feature, or ONE defining evolution to set it apart as a DIFFERENT Call of Duty game than the rest....but none I could recall during my many hours of play.
    In brief: Same COD, different year. Fanboys will love it, Haters will hate it. Do yourself a favor, step out-of-the-box (or bubble) and give a different game a try: BF4, AC4, heck even GT5. Games that have at least made a decent attempt at introducing some sort of innovation to their franchises instead of serving up sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths....and so on.
  14. Nov 6, 2013
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    Absolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has what most people want in a shooter; quick to gameplay multiplayer, fair matchmaking and it is designed with practicality in mind. Don't let yourself get influenced by the amount of negative reviews. Play it and see for yourself.
  17. Nov 16, 2013
    Sadly this is the worst Call of Duty I've played. The campaign has slight glimmers of innovation but it all gets lost among the blandness of the same tired gameplay the series has been relying on for years. The graphics aren't even that great. Call of Duty: Ghost's "next gen" graphics are Battlefield 4's previous gen graphics.

But let's face it. Most people aren't buying Call of Duty
    for the story anymore anyway. So let's talk about multiplayer.

Bland. Incredibly bland. The main draw of the Call of Duty multiplayer was the rewarding progression system. Ghosts throws that completely out of the window. Now all you need to do is earn enough "Squad Points" and you can buy whatever you want, whenever you want aside from perks. The series hit a high note in Black Ops 2's weapon levelling and attachment unlock system that constantly had you looking forward to something. Kill enough people with your weapon and it levelled up, unlocking a new attachment. You could even prestige it to earn more xp by levelling it up and slap your clan tag and emblem on there. You had to get headshots for camo and even complete some small challenges for some of the camo. In Ghosts you earn the Squad Points, you can have whatever weapon you want, attachment you want, camo you want.

I guess the main draw they were hoping for was character customization. Basic, at best. You get a very slim choice of options off the start and need to unlock more options by completing challenges in the form of "Operations". You might not even have the Operation you need to complete in order to unlock what you want. I guess having a full list of challenges was too overwhelming for some players, at least that seems to be Infinity Ward's thinking.

Sadly Infinity Ward has taken a franchise that, in my opinion, peaked in Modern Warfare 2, showed signs of new life in Black Ops 2, then dumbed it down to a level so basic that even playing the game doesn't feel rewarding.

I'm returning my copy because I can get full price back for it. Even the friends who convinced me to buy it even though I wasn't going to are returning theirs.

Take a few years off Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch etc. Come back with a true next gen title on a new engine and blow us away like you did with Call of Duty 4. Or see yourself buried under Battlefield's growing popularity.
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    GODAWFUL game! They managed to take all the last CoD games, clone them, and SOMEHOW make it worst! HOW!? WHY!? If you buy this game you're seriously asking for a miserable time. Only a raving fanboy could enjoy this.
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    Perfect game!! The Single Player is awesome, and multiplayer is awesome too. I realy don't know why people are avaling this game so negative, maybe they are CoD hatters or BF funboys, but it doesn't matter, what matters is that the game is soooooooo much funny and cool, for me, the best of the year!
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    Worst call of duty yet! Go ahead and buy if you like people spawning right behind and all around you..the game is also laggy, you'll get shot with one bullet and see no one then when you watch he'll be right in front of you shooting up a storm. This game is nothing but an aggravation. Don't buy awful game
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    The Game is great. What is happening here is that people are rating the FRANCHISE and not this particular INSTALLMENT. If we are going to give 0's because of lack of innovative, then we might as well give 0's to batman, madden, 2k etc. because all they do is SLIGHT innovation as well. This COD changes a lot but still feels the same AESTHETICALLY, which is not a bad thing. The reason why we buy the game is because we are confident we will get the same FEEL with different guns, maps and story mode. Nobody here can argue that any cod made a massive change (to the extent of mario bros--> mario galaxy), yet, the other cod's were welcomed well. For some reason, everyone decided to pick on this one possibly because they finally got tired. However, you getting tired of the SERIES is different from claiming this GAME is bad. Why? Because this game is OBJECTIVELY a better version of MW 1, 2, and 3 and you'd be stupid to say no (the reason why you might think those are "better" is because the MW experience was relatively new).

To rate the game ENTIRELY based on your SUBJECTIVE opinion on lack of improvement is like buying the same pizza every day and being upset that it doesn't taste different every single time. What IW and Treyarch do is add different toppings to the pizza. You are all now tired of pizza and are judging/ blaming the toppings. What you all need to do is simply not order pizza and maybe get a sicilian (Bf4) which is arguably the same thing (more realistic fps) but with more graph...errr i mean.. bread.

Terrible analogy but you get the point

Also, the reason for my stupid "10" score was to balance out the other stupid "0" scores.
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    I have yet to play the game myself but amidst all the negative ratings, I can say this is exactly what you would--and should--expect from another Call of Duty game. People seem to be pissed that the game isn't any different, yet they will probably spend their precious time playing it until another Call of Duty comes out. It goes without saying that Call of Duty is the best in it's league, a fast-paced arcade shooter. Their aim was never to create a realistic war simulator, but an enjoyable gaming experience and I think they succeeded well enough in that.

I feel like people would be more pissed if they changed the game too much. Obviously all of the negative ratings come from either fans of Battlefield who feel obliged to prove their franchise the best. Or people who bought the game and had a bad match etc.

People who bought the game knowing what they're getting into are probably playing it right now, having a good time.
  23. Nov 7, 2013
    There is so much hate towards COD for no good reasons. NO game in the world would deserve a 0/10. Yes, every year, Call of duty releases a new game with similar graphics, gameplay, etc. Yet, people still buy these games simply because they know what to expect and they want the same gameplay. "Why fix it if it its broken right?" I'm not going to say this COD is the best one ever made.... but in order to fight all the Battlefield loves out there who sabotage COD's score, 10/10 is what I'm giving it.... Expand
  24. Nov 17, 2013
    I don't know what kind of kool-aid those professional reviewers are drinking or those planted user reviews but this game is total garbage,you would think they would have fix the re-spawns but they are exactly the same,spawning someone from another team right behind you every single time you re-spawn.Why even put cranked in their with 6 vs 6 on those huge maps,finding someone before you explode is a pain.Hard to believe ign gave these game a 8.8 that score is laughable.Folks from someone who tried to gave next-gen cod a chance they is really nothing to see here, same trashy game play different console you'd better of picking up battlefield 4 or killzone shadowfall. Collapse
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    This is not a "trolling", really the game is horrible. Typical(pcnoob) game. If you are really hardcore gamer(ps3(the last of us, uncharted, cod of war)) don't play this piece of... "masterpiece".
  26. Nov 7, 2013
    good game, but the stuttering is too high! and in low specs there is a severals bugs like a box lights and some... unplayable.
    in multiplayer you can play with a russian people!!! (isnt racist but they are too far from here and the lag is too high for this!)
  27. Nov 8, 2013
    Hit detection is dreadful, lag compensation seems to be worse than ever likewise the spawning. If you get killed, don't be surprised if you spawn a couple of yards away from the spot you got killed and get killed before you even have a chance to get your bearings.

I have no idea what Infinity Ward have been doing for the last year but it would seem they've not been spending it
    developing.

Absolutely dreadful game, the worst Call of Duty edition I've played. You have to wonder what the testing teams do as they never seem to pick up the issues that real world players notice immediately.
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    This game sucks. Easily the worst call of duty since CoD3. For years Infinity Ward has been the leader of creating the better call of duty's but judging by this title that is no longer the case. The story sucks to the point where there isn't much to say, it's just a shooter... a very mediocre shooter. The multiplayer is easily the worst of the series to date. Awful maps, awful spawns and to top it off a lot of game modes from the previous CoD's were removed. It's truly a half assed call of duty. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    Amazing game. Played 10 hours of multiplayer so far and im impressed. The sound is great and the new game is amazing. I've played all COD games and im enjoying this one very much. It's not a perfect game, but nothing that cant be fixed with a patch. Two issues, spawn locations and add more game types.
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    sooooo where do you ppl have your ps4 game and console from? how can you rate something thats not on the market? stick to the ps3 and xbox version.... if you should really own this game, and not just type bull$hit?
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    Loved it, it shows a series getting back on track, Black ops 2 wasn't all that great but this is epic! I'v spent four hours on it and I'm impressed. I can understand the negativity though. It's still the same formula
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    I really don't see anything wrong with the game, it's exactly what I expected it to be. It has great gameplay and I like what Infinity Ward did with the new streamlined look on the multiplayer side. Great job infinity ward, but I think it could've been better though.
  33. Nov 7, 2013
    I never write review but I had to for Ghosts... I honestly can't understand the amount of negative bile that is coming from reviewers. This is pretty much the only COD game I have enjoyed since Modern warfare 2. The campaign is quite astounding after the first 15 minutes. It at least has an interesting story and I actually cared about the characters. Significant step up from Black ops 2 and Modern warfare 3 Expand
  34. Nov 8, 2013
    The dog was the greatest innovation of this game, the destruction on the maps, and the maps that were too small were a bit larger. Other than this, no differences
  35. Nov 16, 2013
    This is the last time that i bought a COD Game. It's always the same. I shud learn on BO 2 but well, this is the last time.

Mp the same, the only new thing is the "Alien mode" and it's boring indeed.
  36. Feb 26, 2014
    Worst COD game I've ever played. I regret buying this and this will probably be my last COD game I ever buy.

You die with 1 bullet so it's basically if you get spotted, you have no chance to live.

Maps are also horrible.
  37. Feb 10, 2014
    no es posible que un juego, que ya va como en su novena edicion, y que su jugabilidad se concentra en el multiplayer online (la campaña deja mucho que desear) tenga un lag tan asqueroso que lo hace injugable. una perdida de dinero... se encuentra juntando polvo al lado de la ps4.
  38. Nov 18, 2013
    Garbage. I will be trading this game in. It is more of the same, and it is getting so old. Nothing about it is interesting, innovative, or fun. The online issues still persist, there is glitching, hit detection is all over the place.

I have not had so little fun playing a game in a long time. Get Killzone or Battlefield instead.
  39. Nov 8, 2013
    I enjoy CoD games, MW1 and Black Ops 2 were absolutely fantastic. While the graphics have stayed relatively the same, the features and changes over the years have improved the experience considerably.

However this year it isn't all that great. I don't play CoD for single player, I play Halo, Far Cry, GTA, and those games for story. This is exclusively kick back and shoot at digital
    characters to release frustration.

The main cons I have with the game. They still haven't fixed the spawn system. It is god awful and more than once in the same match I've spawned in the line of fire of the guy who just killed me. They ruined the pick 10 system. Sure being able to pick and choose the guns I want to get is great, but requiring points to get the attachments is infuriating. The menu to set up is convoluted as well. They broke the best class customization experience I've had thus far. Also the gun balance is terrible. Although that's to be expected from CoD. Halo 2 still has the best gun balance of any FPS I've played, no one has come close.

The maps are refreshing with more vertical possibilities and somewhat destructible environments, but some are way too large and impossible to find other players. Thermal scope is a huge improvement over the dual band scope in Black Ops 2. Less jarring and easier on the eyes. Some of the guns have attachments on them by default, which is somewhat helpful.

I'm still going to play the out of this game. The multiplayer is still addictive, albeit with some frustrating moments. I've had to adjust my gaming style from Black Ops 2, but in a way that's good. While the graphics aren't as huge an improvement as I thought they would be perhaps there will be some patches down the line to improve the experience.

TL;DR Considering the game was built on a new engine it isn't an improvement and a downgrade in some aspects. It'll be fun for CoD fans, especially since a lot of players will migrate from Black Ops 2 in the coming months, but if you were planning on jumping into FPS do not go with this game. Go with older FPS such as Halo CE anniversary or CoD MW.
  40. Nov 17, 2013
    I don't know what game the others are playing but my COD Ghosts is awesome! Not only are the graphics sweet as sugar the fact that it runs so smoothly is just icing on the gravy. Extinction is incredible fun and for the first time I actually like the campaign. The definitive version is this one.
  41. Nov 19, 2013
    I can give this game a 0 without even trying it, you know why?

Because every Call of Duty game is the same game. It's just new skins/level designs/etc all thrown into the same game engine.

Do yourself a favor and stop supporting this horrendous franchise.
  42. Nov 6, 2013
    Story Story mode is just regular old COD story mode. Same thing every game but I dont pay much attention to the story anyways. 3/10

Multiplayer Multiplayer is CODs best mode in all of their games IMO. Since i was never really a big fan of Zombies. The Modern Warfarish gamestyle multiplayer holds is by far the best gamestyle out of all the CODs. It is kind of wierd that they took out
    Search and Destroy but it doesnt matter to me since I was a TDM player anyuways. Dont try FFA since its almost like you dont have a chance. Anyways multiplayer for Ghost is Great. 9/10

Graphics Metal Gear Raidens Voice: "OOOOOOHHHH THATS JUST PLAIN NASTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" no really the graphics kinda suck but the game wasnt meant to be released for the PS3. 5/10
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    This content is absolutely amazing. I'll agree that the campain is not as good as Black Ops II, but then still the campain is magnificent. The multiplayer is just great. I have always liked Infinety Ward way better than Treyarch. This may be why I am such a fan of this game it reminds me of MW3 and I absolutly loved that game.
  44. Nov 15, 2013
    I can't say that i'm dissapointed because i played a Call of Duty game since 2010 with MW2 but now from what i seen on Call of Duty Ghosts just seems like the same game! i guess that's why you hate the game so much but right away i didn't tried this so i'd say that i'm a little bit of dissapointed for seeing that MW2 was the only and last enjoyable Call of Duty game i ever played.
  45. Nov 16, 2013
    This is a big disappointment. Yeah, the graphics are polished, but seriously Black Ops was the last COD worth getting. Save your money as this is a poor excuse to grab another $60 from you for no added value!
  46. Nov 17, 2013
    This game completely runis the franchise. I WAS a CoD player. Since Ghosts I will wait for months b4 buying this I bought the game on Steam and it has tons os issues, like FRAME DROPS that don't let you play. I have a great rig and that runs BF3 on ULTRA Settings and BF4 on High to Ultra settings but this ****ty Ghosts can't run!! It drives me crazy. I know much people agree with me, you just have a few reviews. Camping spots, huge maps, less players.... I just cant play this anymore. BF4, welcome. Expand
  47. Nov 19, 2013
    Your $60/£60 will likely fetch you more fun elsewhere. Call of Duty: Ghosts is comparable to annualized sports games, except for the fact that it doesn't substantially innovate over the years it's published.

As with previous Call of Duty games, there's a single-player campaign that takes a few hours to complete. The plot suffers from stereotypical video game tropes, and while the set
    pieces are pretty to look at, this campaign is no different from Infinity Ward's previous offerings from Modern Warfare 1, 2, or 3. The quality of the storytelling makes one seriously question degree of involvement of the Oscar-winning film writer, Stephen Gaghan, who was signed onto Ghosts' development. It's a shame that the campaign doesn't draw from the innovating elements that Treyarch's CoD: Black Ops II did, and feels quite like a step back for the franchise.

An additional segment, "Squads," has been added, which is essentially the multiplayer mode with the inclusion of computer-controlled teammates and enemies. In this vein, it's not a replacement of the "Spec Ops" co-operative missions mode from previous games. Rather, "Extinction" mode serves that purpose, a co-op survival mode that features aliens as the enemies. It uses the formula of Treyarch's CoD: Zombies modes, and does manage to measure up to its quality in some respects. The alien's movements are unpredictable and fighting them is passably entertaining, but the mode lacks the depth and dedication of the game it's trying to emulate. The small Easter eggs aren't as plentiful nor interesting as in Zombies, and the strategies needed to circumvent the aliens simply aren't inventive nor difficult to execute.

At its core, Call of Duty has always been about its multiplayer. And as I've suggested up till now, it is unchanged; just as you could consider Modern Warfare 3 a "Modern Warfare 2.5," you can consider Ghosts to be a "Modern Warfare 3.5." The graphical improvements are admittedly there, but they're so difficult to distinguish that it can be difficult to distinguish screenshots of this game with its predecessors'. The progression and customization mechanics take on a new coat of paint, and feature new weapons and attachment possibilities, as well as a persistent "prestige" system that allows players to keep their progress upon moving on to a new soldier to develop. Otherwise, the most notable changes are with the UI, and you could likely learn what you needed to know about the multiplayer from reading a review of either 2009's MW2 or 2011's MW3.

Ghosts' multiplayer offers the standard fare: a few small maps to encourage the fast-paced, arcade-style shooting action it's come to be known for. The metagame is mostly balanced, with the exception of certain weapons that do present minor problems, and does offer fans of the series something to come back to. It's definitely a functional shooter, and can certainly be fun to newcomers, but those that have experience in playing Call of Duty or other FPS games may have qualms with how familiar the game feels.

I don't feel that Ghosts is a bad game; I want to like it, really. It offers a large number of sub-games to sink time in, and the multiplayer is deep, possibly fun and even addictive. To some, this game may be worth your money, as long as you're able to ignore the dust of the last six Call of Duty games gathering on your shelf.
    Essentially, if you've played any of the Call of Duty games since the original Modern Warfare, you have played Ghosts. If you loved this game last year, you will still love it this year; if you hated it last year; you will still hate it this year.
  48. Jan 3, 2014
    Terrible game.
    -Story is simply just a WTF.
    -Online: slow at many points

Call of duty is not listening to the players and they are to busy trying to recapture the Modern Warfare 1 and 2 era when over 1,000,000 people would be on. 2 weeks after buying I only saw around 150,000 players on.

Call of duty is now beginning to head the Medal of honor route
  49. Jan 2, 2014
    Alright guys, it's time to grow the hell up, this game isn't a 10, and it certainly isn't a 3 or below. You want to play a game that deserves a 0? Play Ride To Hell, and trust me, COD: Ghosts will look like GOTY material.

Ghosts isn't an incredible, revolutionary, new shooter that offers a tremendous amount of new material. But it's still very, very playable. As a person who hasn't
    owned a Call of Duty game since Black Ops, (I thought MW3 was garbage for the most part) I wanted to hate this game as much as you guys do. But after playing through the campaign, getting to level 30 in multiplayer, and a few rounds of extinction, I've got to say, it's a good game.

The story in Ghosts is a refreshing idea, we take a break from killing Arabs, Nazis, and Russians (finally) and take up arms with a South American army who turned an American satellite against us. The story has a few plot twists and varied, epic sequences that are on par with what you'd expect from a AAA war game. If you can get over a few "that would NEVER happen" moments, it's quite enjoyable.

Graphically, it's not too "Next-Gen" but it's still damn pretty at time. The multiplayer maps look good and everything runs at a smoooooth 60 FPS at 1080p.

Speaking of multiplayer, I'll say it again, not a whole lot has changed. The one thing that got me excited was the genuinely awesome new game modes. IW took a page from Halo and added their own new infection mode which is loads of nail-biting fun, especially when playing with friends. Search and rescue will give you a good reason to watch the spectator screen and yell at your team mates as well. The progression system is all they really keep on changing, I really could care less, but it's still a functional system. My biggest gripe is something that the game, itself, can't change. The god-awful community of idiots still trying to "360 quik sc0pe wallbang hedshot"" you in a round of hardcore Search and Destroy while screeching through the mic about what they did to your Mom last night. Yup, these people still exist, though not that common anymore. For the part, it's still a fun time. And i have to admit, I missed the fast paced run-and-gun multiplayer.

As for extinction, it's not terribly interesting, but still great if you want to pull some friends together and shoot some aliens. It tries its very best to differentiate itself from TreyArch's zombies, and succeeds to some extent.

Overall, is it a COD game? Yes. Does it do a good job at being a COD game? Yes. Is it a broken piece of trash that has no effort put into it and is just a terrible "cash grab"? No. It's a functional, fun game that brings enough new features to the table to earn a 7/10 from me
  50. Dec 4, 2013
    where do I begin? COD Ghosts is what happens when you milk a series to the max.

the game is just... mediocre all over. graphically the game doesn't feel next gen the single player sucks, normally I love COD single player for at least 1 play through but I barely made it through COD ghosts, it's bad. the final 2 missions are the only good ones.

the multiplayer has all the issues
    with other cod games (getting shot makes you aim up in the air for no reason, quick scoping, and panic knifing, terrible spawns) but nothing that makes it fun.

since battlefield 4 and killzone shadow fall is 60fps now, the smooth feeling can be found in other games both of those games run 60fps so it's smooth like cod, and both look better. there is just no reason to play cod anymore.

the only new and welcome addition is extinction mode which is somewhat like nazi zombies. the game mode is kinda fun but it's not enough to redeem the game. COD Ghosts is the epitome of mediocrity. if you like cod, get battlefield 4 and get cod as well.
  51. Nov 25, 2013
    I have played all the Call of Duty's since the first Modern Warfare. Each year the game has taken a smaller step forward from previous years.

However, I've been blown away by how great the next-gen PS4 particle effects and graphics look. It's stunning how pretty this game is. Bravo !!!

Then as far as the single player campaign it's a 5 hour thrill ride. Short... yes... but
    quality over quantity. I can't think of but a handful of games that even attempt anything this grand. Again... a lot of fun, and a wild ride.

The multiplayer has continued to be refined and is a smooth play with amazing graphics. The changes is are small, and all in all it just feels like quality COD, but nothing very new about it.

I've had a blast playing this game, and hats of to Infinity Ward for putting out a high-quality product.
  52. Nov 22, 2013
    This game has a couple of good qualities but really out weighed by the bad ones. The was pleasantly surprised at the visuals and the sound quality is decent. The gameplay for the most part is smooth and fast. The multiplayer and single player is simply a cut and paste from the previous generations. There is nothing that stands out in both modes. The single player mode is about 6 hours and multiplayer is as dry as ever. Expand
  53. Mar 20, 2014
    By far, the most broken, chaotic, and weakest entry in the Call of Duty franchise to date. While the multiplayer has decent gameplay, you'll quickly wish you didn't just spend 60 bucks on this mess. Lag is always a constant issue and just makes the already chaotic and unbalanced experience far more worse than it already is. If your a COD fan, I highly suggest you skip this one, or buy it at a lower price. Expand
  54. Nov 7, 2013
    You know what this is not a review. How in the hell can anybody give a review on a game when the system isn't even out yet. I'am ashamed of this generation of gamer's that are here and that are coming. All you wanna do is and argue. You complain with your little console wars. A true gamer doesn't play one system. A true gamer play's everything. P.S this is a rant
  55. Feb 25, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts tries to return the franchise back to form, yet again. Ghosts' story is dumb and tries to be smarter than what is actually is. The "action set pieces" that the Call of Duty franchise is know for are hear but none of them are so good that they are memorable. The campaign itself is so boring and formulaic; follow this person, shot these people, sneak around hear. The multiplayer is mainly the same, which can be a good thing for some players and a bad thing for others. The maps are a little to big for my liking as you can be killed a lot of times and by many directions. The new modes, Cranked and Blitz seem cool on paper but are not as fun when you are playing them. Squads also seems really fun but when you narrow it down it is the same as the multiplayer just with bots. Extinction was my favorite mode in the game, which is a shock to me. It takes a Left 4 Dead style to surviving rounds against waves and waves of aliens. Call of Duty: Ghosts might be the worst Call of Duty game to date, even when it is played with a DualShock 4 controller and next-gen graphics. Expand
  56. Dec 6, 2013
    This game is horrid. It's strange how modern warfare 2 could be so much better and have so much stradegy, while this is just run around....and kill someone with 1 bullet regardless of what gun you are using. I even put in over 80 hours in black ops 2...but i cannot do this anymore. Nothing has changed, and where they milk the franchise annualy, the gameplay only gets worse. Stay away...if you really want a shooter, go for battlefield 4. It's not perfect, but light years better. Expand
  57. Nov 15, 2013
    Moche pour de la next gen, multi tres peu original, solo tres court sans aucune liberté, dimension artistiq et immersive assez faiblarde, scenario chier tres loin d'un Black ops...bref du call of tres bas de gamme!:-(
  58. Nov 19, 2013
    This game sucks! Way too many guns that'll kill you in 1 BULLET, THIS IS AN FPS. NOT A INSTA-KILL POWERUP FROM ZOMBIES. What is up with the lies? First they said they beat GTA V sales, that was a lie. They said quickscoping (A.K.A. A tryhard's paradise) was NOT in the game, big lie. your fish AI Activision. you!
  59. Nov 7, 2013
    I had ordered a PS4 out of pure excitement at playing Ghosts on it, but after seeing it on my mate’s PS3 last night I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting until later next year to buy the next Gen once there are some well rated games available. I do not get upset with seeing relatively similar things in Ghosts as with previous instalments simply because at the Ghosts launch Infinity Ward didn’t really promise much else therefore people should have known what to expect. It is, however, surprisingly bland and elements such as the maps are particularly disappointing in originality and it is here that I feel we have essentially been lied to because I.W. made so much noise about the interactivity of the online environment, suggesting this was a major development. So far I am yet to really see any trace of this other than someone getting a field order and it basically making the map turn a different colour. I went to climb on top of a rock that was not on the edge of the map and couldn’t even do that. I feel this was false advertising and evidence that the progression of this game was not even to the limited level promised. Pure laziness in detail such is what has made me angry that Ghosts is not even a half step forward. I do, though, think it’s fairly pathetic and testament to the general age of most gamers that so many folk give it a zero. To be a zero the game would have to be appalling and unplayable. It is far from this, but in principle deserves to get panned on the simple fact that the intense marketing was clearly a sales strategy to get as many first week sales as possible before they quickly drop off because Activision knew that deep down they did not have a game that matched the hype and they would soon be found out. And for the record the pre-launch sales strategy was unspeakably naff and cheesy and as a 31 year old had me feeling embarrassed to be a part of this dying franchise. So I give this an honest 6 purely because I will still enjoy the new guns and competitiveness of it for a short while, but would otherwise have given it much higher had Activision and I.W. even come close to demonstrating that they wanted to give loyal fans something more. Activision has an ingenuous business model and are clearly only interested in making money, so they will shamelessly take what they can get from this brand for as long as possible and not care if it ends up being the gaming version of ‘The Hangover 3’ a cheap cash in. For the record, Riley the dog was as bad a marketing tool as it is a kill streak. Expand
  60. Nov 8, 2013
    Each year, another call of duty is released, but, is there any change? quite frankly, there's been little to none. Improvements in Multiplayer, though not a huge improvement, its still a small change here and there. But, thats just about it. "small changes". Call of Duty Ghosts is the definitive change that the series needed. A brilliant campaign, A stellar multiplayer improvement with myriads and myriads of content and above all, Extinction. Though Treyarch had zombies, IW managed to somehow make extinction a better mode then zombies. The graphics, if you're blind then maybe yeah, there would be "no" improvement, (or if you're just some other battlefield 4 die-hard.), but, seriously, the visuals of the game is spectacular! Cobine that package and you easily get this year's greatest FPS. Battlefield 4 is a good game, but, it doesn't feel balanced, (as if the series is ever balanced). Bar none the greatest Call Of Duty ever and the greatest FPS of this year. Anyone who disagrees is probably just some other Battlefield 4 fanboy. Expand
  61. Nov 18, 2013
    Gameplay threw me off, new interface again. it's been 2 games since it felt like fresh new controls.
    If you ask me whether i'd rather play Black Ops 1 or 2 or Ghosts? I'd say Ghosts no doubt.
    More great modes! inlcuding clan wars.
    Love Exctinct mode, can't wait for new maps. I wouldn't compare it to zombies.
    Safeguard in squad mode, now that I would compare to zombies. It's better, and
    it's pretty damn fun. Expand
  62. Jan 17, 2014
    If you played prior CoD then you know what to expect. The developers way of innovating the game is by making some cosmetic changes to the game like the way you do your loadout. The single player is garbage of course so no point talking about that. Multiplayer is the same. One of my biggest gripes about prior CoD games was player hosting and I thought with their new half server half hosting that it would be better but sadly it isn't. The good news is that you rarely have to suffer from host migrating that would constantly interrupt game matches. The bad is that it doesn't play smooth. Bullets take a while to register and at times it can get laggy, probably because of the half player hosting. You'll find often times you'll be dead before feeling any of the bullets hitting you. The maps are horrible. Squad modes is not that great. Extinction on the other hand is fun. Unfortunately there's not much to it and it would've been nice if instead of the useless squad modes that the developers spend more time making either more maps or something to extinction. Extinction is the only fun part about CoD ghost and saying I would not recommend anyone pay 60$ for the game. If you can find it for cheap and you have plenty of friends that play then it might be worth getting if your a fan but if you want a good FPS then steer clear of this game. Expand
  63. Nov 19, 2013
    People need to stop giving it such bad scores, it's a good game... 7.5-8 in reality. So much trollin' going on about graphics too, I bet you won't tell when playing PS4 vs. Xbox One. I have both and not sure which to get yet, mainly based on what friends get it for.
  64. Nov 23, 2013
    For years now, the Call of Duty franchise has thrived in todays competitive market, thanks largely in part to its addictive multiplayer. Unfortunately, the series has grown rather infamous for its lack in innovation in between annual releases, and Ghosts is no exception. The franchise's debut on the PlayStation 4 is, while undeniably enjoyable, very... mediocre. The single player campaign casts the player as Logan Walker, a young survivor of the destruction of North America. Logan's character often seems two-dimensional, as he never expresses any emotion (or even talk for that matter). Ghosts's lengthy campaign, however, manages to shake things up often enough to keep the experience interesting. Wether your using the stealthily rappelling down skyscrapers, or driving a tank through the desert, Ghosts brings the full cinematic feel we've come to expect with the series. While Ghost's campaign leans between decent and good, the multiplayer is still as robust as ever. Infinity Ward has done a fantastic job in designing the new maps. For the first time in the series, maps contain several dynamic features, ranging from something as small as a tree falling over, to an air strike. While these elements are interesting, they weren't exactly a game changer. Still, they're a step in the right direction for the series. Additionally, player customization has finally been made available. For anyone looking for a new experience, the all new Extinction mode may just be your cup of tea. In Extinction, up to four players can take on hordes of different alien types. This new mode is, while forgettable in the long run, a nice addition the game.The visuals, while still a major upgrade from Ghosts on the last generation, don't exactly scream next-gen. Environments look great from afar, but up close, textures often look messy. Overall, Ghosts has a flawed but fun campaign with all the set pieces you've come to expect, an addictive multiplayer with memorable maps, a new game mode to spice things up, and some neat visuals. While the series has undoubtedly seen better days, Ghosts is still an enjoyable experience. Expand
  65. Nov 22, 2013
    This is an amazing game, The Singleplayer Campaign really gets emotinal and depicts the horror of the fall of America. Despite being far fetched with a South American Federation declaring war on The United States it is still fun.

Lets move on to the Multiplayer. It changed from being the same thing every year to being being the best innovation for a Next-Gen Launch Title by introducing
    larger maps, More Game Modes, and Character Customization this is the best COD since COD 2. The Graphics even though havent improved that much is still amazing with the Next Generation. Squads which is Multiplayer with bots is good for getting players new to the series skill and is also fun to experineced players.

Lets move on to Extinction, This is much harder than Treyarchs Zombies. It is a very fun mode with up to four players. It is amazing and everyone who buys this should play this. There is objectives rather than trying to survive endless waves of Zombies and doesnt get stale.

Overall I have new hope for the series after the pile of dung that was Black Ops II. I see more innovations in Infinity Wards CODs coming soon
  66. Nov 22, 2013
    This is the CoD game that will kill the franchise. Horrible story mode, ABYSMAL and dull multiplayer, and Extinction mode that is IW horrible attempt at making a cash cow that is Treyarch's Zombie mode. Once i saw Neversoft touched this game, I knew it was doomed.
  67. Nov 26, 2013
    I've only played the multiplayer, so my review will not cover any material of the campaign.

So to give a cut and dry review of the multiplayer...it's garbage.

Maps are way too big for the number of players (12) which really does make camping a viable strategy if you want to avoid running all over the map in attempts to find people. You WILL die from campers quite a lot and it does
    get frustrating. Additionally, it seems that snipers are once again overpowered to the point that most are one shot kills to any part of the body. Quickscopers abound and you will be frequently scratching your head wondering how a shot to the left of your torso registered as a headshot. Back to the maps, there are some cool ones that seem to be well thought out, but the size really ruins the experience. These maps are just too large for 6 v 6 matches. The guns all play pretty similarly, although the AK-12 seems to be the overpowered assault rifle that everyone is currently using, so hopefully it gets nerfed in a future patch.

The few good things about the game would have to be the interesting new level system they've introduced, as well as the squad system. No longer will you have to wait to unlock a weapon by reaching a certain level, you can simply buy it with squad points. Oh, and infected mode is a TON of fun. By far my favorite game mode.
  68. Dec 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When did Call of Duty devolve into a patriotic jerkfest where if you did'nt speak english, you were the enemy. why did they suddenly stop switching from multiple countries perspectives in favor of something that can only be as American as a bald eagle wrapped in the US flag while it slowly jerks off to the national anthem.

hell give us a fresh perspective, make the next game have the country your fighting against be the usa call it CoD liberty, have the big plot revwal that you've been fighting america all along, audience goes and you give me .5% of all sales for writing a better story then your last 5 games in the franchise
  69. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whilst this game has received a lot of critique from many different people, I feel that there is somewhat more to this game than people formerly assume. I mean, most people these days focus on multiplayer, but acting like this is the only feature in a game that significantly matters is rather ignorant, to say the least.

First off, the campaign is actually pretty well designed; it has the feel of a post apocalyptic scenario, and whilst it may not offer a huge amount in terms of innovation, it certainly feels fresh, relative to previous games of this franchise. Funnily enough, one of the main villains is, lo and behold, an American. This feels a little renewing when thinking about the infinitesimal amounts of times we have fought Russians over the course of the IW collection. It is in no means a fantastic campaign, but it has it's moments. It seems to be what you come to expect from a CoD game, y'know; snipers, linear stealth missions, heavily armored tech, guns, um...dogs? Nothing strictly fantastic, but certainly satisfying.

The multiplayer is, of course, CoD. I rarely play CoD multiplayer anymore, but thankfully, there is a squads mode, where you can fight against bots in a variety of different game modes. One of these specifically feels like combat training from CoD BO, which I must admit, I missed dearly. It's not the same, but it's something.

So, is this game good? Yes AND no, depending on what angle you look at it from; campaign feels gimmicky and predictable, but somehow fresh and new. Multiplayer is...well, CoD. It seems they tried at least, but that doesn't really say much for a company that spouts out a game every year or so. I do not love this game, but in some cases, respect it, and I feel it deserves a little more a negative review, whilst it comes nothing near the nines and tens the official reviewers feel it necessarily deserves. So perhaps I will strike it even and call it a night.
  70. Sep 28, 2014
    stupid gay crap its so wasteful of your money its just another set piece of repetitive gameplay. its got such bad visuals and its story is garbage. Unbelievable.
  71. Jun 21, 2014
    Pros:
    +Engaging action-packed single player campaign

Cons:
    -Boring Multiplayer
    -Uninnovative
    -Tiny maps

This game was just downright horrible. If want to have with a multiplayer FPS play Battlefield 4.
  72. Nov 21, 2013
    I went out and purchased call of duty ghosts in the hope of it being something different than the previous four games. Man was I wrong, it is exactly the same mediocre rehash of Call of Duty 4 like the last four entries into this series. It has "new" maps for multiplayer that they cut and pasted some terrain and building from previous games just so they can save some time, even the campaign has some noticeable cut and pasting going. The guns are unbalanced, 50% of the players camp everywhere, the game is a complete joke. The campaign is about 5 hours long and is not very entertaining at all mainly because of the half baked voice overs. Needless to say I am now forever giving up on Call of Duty. Activision get you together and make an actually good Call of Duty for once! Expand
  73. Jan 1, 2014
    When you write you a game review your meant to be reviewing that specific game and not comparing it to other games but most people compare COD's, in this review however I will be reviewing the game as it stands on this 2/01/2014. (I will be comparing a few things TBH but its hard not to when your writing a COD review.)

The first thing that caught my attention is how stunning this game
    looks, the new COD engine really stands out here, the 1080p looks amazing and the Sound/Lighting have also been completely re-done which look and sound amazing.

The story is pretty much the same that you get in any other COD, start mission, kill, kill, kill receive orders to move and kill along the way and what really sucks is that even though the game has "Ghosts" in its title meaning "Stealth" there aren't enough stealth missions to actually live up to that name and when there are stealth missions it's the same as its always been, start stealth and end guns blazing. The characters are likable and the general storyline is ok but it's not really enough to make it any different from the last but I still enjoyed it.

The multiplayer it different and same at the same time, it's still the name camping and hardscoping but the 'Create a Solider" and "Clans" is a great implementation and it's pro perks are gone which it ok I guess but the one thing that really pisses me off about multiplayer is the spawns, I have no idea what they've done but what seems to happen is enemies are always behind you even just as you spawn. Other then that multi is ok.

In my 100% personal opinion Squads is and terrible and nothing more then just multiplayer with bots instead of players.

Extinction is cool, its basically IW's attempt at ripping of Zombies but it still works, theres only 1 mission ATM but its pretty good and theres even a leveling system which is pretty nice and I actually generally enjoy leveling, it gives you something to play for in the game instead of just playing it.

I'm pretty happy with this game, it does have random FPS drops but other then that I'm pretty happy.
  74. Dec 28, 2013
    I thought that maybe the 7th generation edition of COD: Ghosts was rushed and the 8th/next generation edition would be an improvement. I was never more wrong. Ghosts for the PS4 is complete and utter crap.
    This next-gen title still has the same terrible and tiny michael bay-esque campaign. The same horrific graphics and textures that FPSs like Battlefield 4, Killzone: SF, and even
    Blacklight: Retribution (A f*****g free to play game) blow out of the water. I can go as far as to say that every COD game since MW2 has had better graphics than this next-gen game.
    The servers are horrific and the community for this game is horrible as well. All I see are people camping and using either a sniper rifle or the MSBS assault rifle, the most overpowered gun I've ever seen in a video game.
    Also, Infinity Ward said that there would be much more customization in this game than ever before. That was also a complete lie. The only thing you can customize is your sex. All the squad characters you can choose are pre made and they all look very similar, other than their sex.
    Finally, the maps are the worst I've ever seen in a COD game. Every COD game has an iconic map that everyone loves to play on, whether it be the Terminal or Rust in MW2, Nuketown in BO, the Dome in MW3, and even Hijacked in BO2. This game has no memorable maps and, even worse, the maps are enormous (which kills the fun of COD for almost everybody except the elitists) and repetitive.
    Everything in this game is complete sh*t and this game is Call of Duty's (or at the very least Infinity Ward's) last hurrah. This game is a complete abomination to the FPS genre and is immediately getting sold by me and probably many more. Activision needs to kill Call of Duty and work on other projects, like Destiny.
  75. Apr 1, 2014
    I really like the singel-player game, really detailed and thought through, but I really think the multiplayer is a un-sharpen diamond. It got some flaws with spawn points and I think they should have a little spawn time.
  76. Nov 23, 2013
    This has to be the worst call of duty game ever made first the maps are to big the gun on gun is broken it seems like it takes 10 bullets to kill but you get killed. with one ,the graphics are same as 8 years ago the kills streaks are garbage really disappointed with this game don't waste your money on this game:(
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    lets put all the silly reviews stating a same product and similar things aside and look at this game as a true gamer and review it
    personally ghost is not a bad start as a cross gen/next gen. it does have a lot of potential to go with it. in terms of story the game does manage to offer a "not bad" kind of story, sometimes you hear funny or out of contex dialogues, some of the characters
    are not deeply discovered or they just act like heros that we have seen a million times. ghost may share a common thing with okder CODs but in fact its whole of a new thing and more or less it is an interesting concept also. in terms if gameplay COD is still what it was as before. kill n go and enjoy explosions and cool action stuff. i am really satisfied with the level of action in the game and its presentation quality. shooting is still fun and the levels are wonderfully varied and it gives us different experiences. i really enjoyed the single player
    graphics: the difference between next gen n current gen is A LOT. on PS4 is much clear than ONE and it does have a better color levels and white levels too. visuals are really glod however they are not tha wOW that you want to give to a next gen game but in general it is really good especially in single mode, in terms of multi graphics are not that different
    multi: its what CoD is about perks are cool, it does take a lot of time to discover what suits you. there has been a balance into to weaponary which is awesome and the smg are not that powerfull anymore. new modes and awesome maps with dynamic stuff in it. highly recommended on next gen and pc due to the reason that current gen level of playes in a match is 12. 18 is better becuz the maps are too big.

recommend: mong all the FPSs out there for ps4, COD can be a good choice if you want a hell of action single player and plenty of fast paced multi player fun. if you looking into smt more tactical i would not recommend this
  78. Dec 4, 2013
    MW2 is the best cod and it always will be. Why they couldn't have map packed that instead of rehashing the same old awful crap...

I think the best way to sum it up is:

****
  79. Nov 16, 2013
    I enjoyed it I am only in the third level but so far so. Tons of explosions and great graphics. The Alien extinction is excellent and fun to play. Will play this game for awhile.
  80. Feb 9, 2014
    Why IW? Why are you making absolutely terrible COD's? Let's start out with the story. I'm not going to be anywhere specific with this, so hold on. First, you are in space firing bullets. That makes sense. Then, you get back to the ground, meeting terrible voice acting and motion sickening controls, and head bobbing. I literally felt dizzy after 10 minutes. Blah, Blah, Blah, shooty shoot shoot, explosions..... Cutscene and then next level. Story line: Absolutely terrible. Like any new COD. Multiplayer: Buggy as **** Laggy and server delays EVERYWHERE. The community is filled with 10 year olds screaming and freaking out over getting on the killcam. Long story short, I sold the game to a pawn shop. Expand
  81. Dec 9, 2013
    So COD we meet again! I said to myself that Black Ops 2 was the last straw I was going to pull with CoD. Reason being, its the same game every time just a different scenario, but 1 thing that it shares from the rest of the games is the 10+ year old engine. Anyway, why did I buy Ghosts for the PS4, Killzone Shadow Fall, that's why! On the Vita Killzone Mercenaries was an absolute blast. It had the 3 best game modes for multiplayer. Free for all, team deathmatch and war zone. Great fun! Shadow fall just has team based games and NO free for all. So I traded Killzone and got what I thought was a next gen game but in fact its a last gen game that looks VERY dated. It also plays like a last gen game also. Thats not the point, I got Cod Ghosts for the basic free for all that Killzone didn't offer. With bad visuals and a constant drop in frame rates and awful map design CoD Ghosts is a shambolic waste of money and time. Its a pure example of laziness and deceitful lies from Activision. This game is getting traded in for PSN credits that will be used against the BF4 premium package. No more Activision games for me.

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID!
  82. Dec 5, 2013
    Awful! Absolutley flipping awful!! Hated the campaign, (only took like 4 hours) liked extinction (after 40 mins it got boring but) and then the multiplayer... i do not know how they screwed it up so much! I will never EVER buy another Call of Duty game again!
  83. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is not the same. I really don't know what's with people saying COD is the same each year. Each game is special in its own aspect but you never see it. You never experience the difference that each game has. I liked each and every COD game and played it as well. If you knew how to play it, was the best in many lobbies and matches, you'd surely enjoy it. Both multiplayer and singleplayer. You think something was taken from the other games? Nope.avi. It's fully original, but the people who say that it took things from the other games, those people neither have played the older games, nor the newer ones. Plus, if you want change, instead of on the game itself, write a review on it, saying what you want changed, what you didn't like or did like. Expand
  84. Nov 24, 2013
    Haven't played the campaign yet more than an hour so won't talk about that. Have about 15 hours into multiplayer and its my least favorite one. The only pros are the graphics look amazing and the maps are bigger than usual so thats a nice change. I hate the loadout system and the squad members as you have to unlock everything with each different person if you want multiple people to try to mix it up. The worst part is the spawn points are the worst ever, I get killed at least 3 times every match in less than 2 seconds from spawning. Once EA fixes their stuff and Battlefield works this will likely collect dust which is a shame since Black Ops 2 was my fave so this is a giant step back... hopefully next year Treyarch can make good use of the new consoles. Expand
  85. Nov 17, 2013
    Lets get this straight, 381 negative reviews. We can guess what competing franchises fans those reviews are being posted by *cough* Battlefield *cough*. But seriously, those reviews are just trolls posting 0's and trying to make their game superior, when it truly is not. The storyline, unlike Battlefields, is excellent, why not, its written by an academy award winning screenwriter. The multiplayer in all honesty is great, but I feel a little repetitive-ness in the mechanics, but lets face it, there isn't to much you can change, kind of like a sports game, its based on something real, then the independent variable is modern warfare while the dependent is the Call of duty franchise. The squads mode is a decent addition, it could've been better, but its alright, I don't see it making a return in the next Infinity Ward game. Extinction is great! Is it as fun and creative as zombies? I don't know, but It is definitely a good addition non the less. By the game, play the game, have fun with the game. 9/10 GamExcellent Expand
  86. Nov 18, 2013
    I thought Call of Duty: Ghosts was one of the better Call Of Duties. It brought in some cool new game modes like Cranked, Search and Rescue, and my favorite Hunted. The Sliding feature also made for some extra fun. The Campaign was a solid one in for me. The only complaint was extinction. It can be fun in some ways but could have been a lot better.
  87. Nov 19, 2013
    I play both bf and cod i started with bf1942 and orig cod, i generally like to take years off from these games because they are repetative, i wanted a similar experience to MW2 and i got it, i really didnt like BO2 or MW3 (i tried them out), big maps mean more tactics and acting like a ninja...i just wanted a generic shooter this year and this is by far the best generic shooter for me, bf4 tdm is also fun (pc) but i seem to be much better at cod because of that i like it slightly better, but bf4 is more expansive, i give that a 9 as well,

performance issues for cod are nowhere to be found i havent seen stuttering like other people
  88. Nov 22, 2013
    this is the game that I love and know and want to play forever, killzone no one likes dat game, its all about cod. I love this game so much, this is the game for the hardcore so if ur like me u shuld pick it up
  89. Nov 28, 2013
    I have been playing COD since the original for the PC way back when, and honestly i liked it a lot better then. There were no perks no "pick ten", no fancy mods. Now the mods are cool don't get me wrong, but when you unlock them you have to purchase them with coins or w/e you earn from leveling. Why? idk. It kills the experience for me. The game looks good. Thats about the only pro i can give it. Its just another generic shooter. If you've played COD before than you've played Ghosts. I say skip this one. Expand
  90. Nov 23, 2013
    1. Activision completely gave up on the storyline. It can be beaten in 2-3 hours tops. You use the dog like twice in the first two missions and that is it. And somehow they try to make a storyline where the impoverished countries of South America can actually have a chance of beating the USA in a war...? I don't know.. they tried.. they really did.

2. GREATLY LOWERED HEALTH OF
    MULTIPLAYER CHARACTER. MEANING:
    A) You do not need any skill to get a kill anymore. You can seriously just put a laser sight on any gun and never have to press down aim once and you can kill anyone.
    B) Because of this 95% of players are now hardcore campers meaning SMGs are pretty much obsolete as are pretty much any chance you have of exploring and learning the maps. All you ever need to know now is your favorite corner to sit in. And worse yet, the maps are all gigantic and even if everyone did rush it would take you a while to actually find an opponent unless you're playing ground war.

3. To prove the fact that they have created a game to spawn a generation of campers, they added a class of weapons SPECIFICALLY for camping. Basically semi-auto snipers that are way overpowered with awesome scopes like red dot and holograph.. Yup..

4. THEY TOOK OUT DEMOLITION FROM MULTIPLAYER... I REPEAT.. THEY. TOOK. OUT. DEMOLITION.

5. This game will give Battlefield players bragging rights for a full 1-2 years.. so shy away from any Battlefield players.

6. It takes twice as long to rank up in multiplayer now.

7. The characters in the character creation screen are all hideous (besides the ghillie suit outfit.. again stressing that point of hardcore camping).

8. If you have ever played zombies on Black Ops or World at War and enjoyed it and then play Extinction on ghosts.. you will vomit out of pure disgust.

So far I have been playing this game for 6 hours (not including the storyline) just hoping something in me would trigger and I would love this game but it has not.. I spent $200 on the prestige edition of this because it never crossed my mind that a company could utterly destroy such a beautiful gaming franchise such as this.... The only good thing about this game is the Infected game mode.. Which is why I gave it a 1 rating instead of 0. I never thought I would ever have anything bad to say about Call of Duty.. I was wrong.. This could possibly be one of the worst games I have ever played and that is not an exaggeration by the least bit. Please fellow Call of Duty fans.. Let us band together and stop playing this garbage and becoming camper-fodder. Let us show the Call of Duty executives we want that Call of Duty we played on World at War.. or Modern Warfare 2.. or any Call of Duty besides this one We are stuck in this hellish prison until the next installment of Call of Duty.. God save us

P.S. Fellow Playstation 4 players. If you ordered the Season Pass for Call of Duty ghosts and are hoping to also receive the Team Leader Pack that comes along with it.. think again Many players have not gotten it and Activision support pretty much does not exist.
  91. Nov 24, 2013
    Great graphics, smooth gameplay. Online multiplayer is more of the same but always enjoyable. I prefer this game over MW3. I actually thought the story was good. The Modern Warfare series always jumped around too much for my liking, it was all over the place. CoD Ghosts is more of a cohesive story.
  92. Nov 25, 2013
    Another boring CoD when will people stop buying this junk the hype and commercials can only get you so far I will be happy when the series dies dont get me wrong i liked cod in the past bur im not interested 5 reskins later
  93. Nov 29, 2013
    definition of call of duty ghosts: The you find in your toilettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
  94. Dec 2, 2013
    Easily the worst game they have made by far... such a let down. They should probably go straight back to the drawing board. I will not buy or play another one of these games. I will stick with Battlefield
  95. Dec 6, 2013
    BULL!!! I rented this game at redbox and it was disc 2 WHICH WAS JUST A CONTENT PACK I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY IT!! this is complete BULL!!! I wasted my money!!!
  96. Dec 9, 2013
    Mates, don't do charity to Activision. They are wealth enough to drown you using cash. I feel disgusted playing this game. I am regretted for my decision of picking up the game when I bought PS4. This game is utterly the same as 5 years ago in SP, MP, and graphics. No, the SP is worse!!!!. The SP must be written by a middle school student. I have to say the SP of BF4 is mediocre, but at least it is more military-simulating, epic and logical, while SP of Ghosts is just quarrel between 2 old boys.

Stop Activision lowering human's intelligence, they are backwarding our civilization. Disgusting.
  97. Dec 7, 2013
    One of the worst FPS of all time, I think these franchise is getting very repetitive, compact is the same as past modern warfare and nothing has change between graphics and game play.
  98. Dec 7, 2013
    Mayflies with guns, that's the whole game. Run around, hope you live longer then 30 seconds, and die a lot. You also get to show of your gun's bling if they bother to watch the killcam. Why the held did I play so much of the last game? Engines are alright, but every character blends into the background. The maps some how manage the combination of too large but too choked at the same time. The first time I played multiplayer, I wandered around for five minutes before I met an enemy. And most of the time I died it was from a one hit kill from a person I couldn't see, standing just around the corner. The whole thing is nothing but shallow rewards at expensive cost. Thank goodness I played it before I bought the premium pass. Expand
  99. Dec 22, 2013
    this game is aweful, lots of bugs, kids all over the online mode, and a useless extinction mode, where they wanted to copy treyarch with their zombies mode. disappointing as always..
  100. Dec 13, 2013
    Im going with 0 on every plataform Activision.InfinityWard/Treyarch make this games winning BILLIONS!!!(No other company do this every year) every year changing almost nothing and adding almost nothing new things sincerely i wish not to cod die i wish to see more and more games like gtaV destroying Cod every year... i want to see cod (Worst Franchise ever) winning millions no billions fu ck ing thieves Expand
  101. Nov 17, 2013

1. Mar 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t treading any new ground, but the single player campaign is still a memorable one. But with each installment it’s getting harder and harder to get excited about Call of Duty’s multiplayer. Refining the same ideas over and over again is no longer enough, the multiplayer is in dire need of a complete re-design. [Nov 2013]
  2. Playing into the new generation, Ghosts gains a new edge with DualShock 4 and beautiful graphics.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Call of Duty is a series that is oftentimes criticized for making the same game year after year, which is of course totally true and Ghosts is no exception. It even feels like a step back. The campaign is devoid of anything interesting and even the online part feels uninspired. It’s not a bad game by any means but it’s like its predecessors, only worse.